Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2004, 04:04 PM   #301
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I just fot this game last night...it is great. I am a level 4 scarpper. How do I join the FOFC group?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #302
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

send a tell to my charcter ill blood and i can invite you. also ramsack, and green gale can invite you. you can add us to your friend list by typing /friend and then the name. it will tell you when we are on.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:57 PM   #303
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Thom, why can't you just replace your flight speed with a defense buff? Easy enough to do. The ice sword, maybe or maybe not, I see a lot of blasters using that, one today even. And neither of my blasters have the first attack, I think they're usually weak and from what I've heard, you stop using them by the mid-teens anyway.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 07:27 PM   #304
hoopsguy
General Manager

For the blaster that I made up I took "taser", which amuses me quite a bit. I don't hang out very long up front, but use it for a quick hit-and-run when I'm waiting for my long range attacks to recharge. Very fun for solo missions, although it may not translate well as I hit higher levels.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:29 PM   #305
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Now THAT's what a team's supposed to be about (for those of you who don't know, Ramsack, Green Gale and Doctor Dave, along with some friends (I think I have an invite from Aeon's group, which I might take to have characters in two groups, since I'll keep Bladeflash in FOFC.) served up a double portion of whoopass on the criminal denizens of Perez Park

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-11-2004 at 09:30 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:30 AM   #306
condors
College Starter

i have a mission in perez park i had to get 20 skulls and 20 hellions and now go to their hideout but the problem is i can't get to the hideout, can i just wait till i go up about 5 levels and then do the mission or is there a time limit or something? (i have no idea how hard the mission is but the mobs around the middle of the park are just too tough for my level 13 tanker)
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:32 AM   #307
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Well, got the game last night and played it for a long ass time. Great game!!!

I went to the server virtue. That's the server you all play mostly right?

I'm a lvl 5 Blaster (Ice) and his name is Frosty Mug.

I would love to join your clan if you guys want another....

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:38 AM   #308
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
i have a mission in perez park i had to get 20 skulls and 20 hellions and now go to their hideout but the problem is i can't get to the hideout, can i just wait till i go up about 5 levels and then do the mission or is there a time limit or something? (i have no idea how hard the mission is but the mobs around the middle of the park are just too tough for my level 13 tanker)

Condors: This is where you look for a team up from the super group you're in, or look for a team. If you can get some one high level, you can sidekick him and as long as you're within 100 yards or so I believe, you fight with a bonus (you become one level lower then the hero you're a sidekick to)
Old 05-12-2004, 06:40 AM   #309
hoopsguy
General Manager

Condors, only a few missions have a time limit on them and they will state it pretty clearly. The rest can sit in your missions queue for awhile, but you can only have three missions at a time so this will keep you from accepting other missions.

Another idea is to send out the call for some help from our group and clear those skulls/hellions out with authority!

CleBrownsfan, welcome aboard! Virtue is the correct server. Hope to see you online sometime.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:37 AM   #310
Peregrine
Pro Starter

We probably need to update our list of current characters on Virtue, for the new folks!

Basaltic, Level 13 Earth/Kinetics controller
Old 05-12-2004, 07:57 AM   #311
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Frosty Mug...I love it!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:02 AM   #312
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Now THAT's what a team's supposed to be about (for those of you who don't know, Ramsack, Green Gale and Doctor Dave, along with some friends (I think I have an invite from Aeon's group, which I might take to have characters in two groups, since I'll keep Bladeflash in FOFC.) served up a double portion of whoopass on the criminal denizens of Perez Park

Indeed. With 5 blasters and 2 defs I thought we would be in for a tough time but I think we proved that wrong. I think it goes to show you that all you need are healers and the rest takes care of itself.

After our little venture, I went to Boomtown and hooked up with a group that was invincible. I didn't die once [knock on wood] and erased all 3000 of my debt and I'm now 15th level.

Even after my little suarez in BT going against higher (red/purple) powered villains, it seems that the best xp to death ratio is helping others with missions that are a level lower than your own. 2+ lower and it is worthless, higher and you best have a kick ass group (hard to come by, as we all know).

Last night was fun and I hope we can do it again soon. Doc, how is your char coming along?
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:06 AM   #313
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors

Did you get the skulls and hellions? Misssions are set to whatever level you take them at. So if you take a mission at lvl 10 most likely there will be lvl 10 guys in there(unless you are in a team of 6-8 then they could be lvl 12).You can wait as long as you want and they will not go up in level. I did that mission you were talking about and some of the guys were one lvl higher than me including bosses.I got my ass handed to me at my current lvl. So i just waited til i leveled up and had no problem soloing it. I assume they made this mission so tough is because you get a souvneir after you complete it.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #314
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Condors, only a few missions have a time limit on them and they will state it pretty clearly. The rest can sit in your missions queue for awhile, but you can only have three missions at a time so this will keep you from accepting other missions.

Later on you will get timed missions.I had to kill 10 oucasts and than I had an hour to stop a mystical artifact auction. So sometimes you get a timed mission without asking for one.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #315
Bonegavel

I've updated the list of characters:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...&postcount=183

Again, to join to the Front Office Heroes, all you have to do is find us in game, let us know who you are, and you'll get an invite.

add one or all of the following to your friend list:

Ill Blood
Green Gale
Ramsack

to do this, go to the chat box and type /friend Green Gale and that's it. You can now go to your Friends list and see if that person is logged in. If they are, left click their name in the list, then right click and select Chat. This inserts the proper info in the chat bar. Then, just type your message.

And, if you have a buddy that wants to join the group but isn't a member of this forum, make them come here and join FOFC first.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 05-12-2004 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:19 AM   #316
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bone, think you could change the tough-on-the-eyes color scheme? Also, even though levels are dynamic, I think that would be helpful as an indicator for people about who is in the same ballpark for adventuring.

Cerulean Monk - Lvl 11 Scrapper
Sydney Bristow - Lvl 6 Blaster
Old 05-12-2004, 08:34 AM   #317
Bonegavel

Quote:
Bone, think you could change the tough-on-the-eyes color scheme? Also, even though levels are dynamic, I think that would be helpful as an indicator for people about who is in the same ballpark for adventuring.

Cerulean Monk - Lvl 11 Scrapper
Sydney Bristow - Lvl 6 Blaster

Changed it to B/W and made the levels blue. It could be a royal PITA to keep track of levels, but i'll try.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:47 AM   #318
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Doc Dave hit level 8 last night IIRC
Old 05-12-2004, 08:53 AM   #319
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Guys,

Do you get into trouble if you try to use a copyrighted superhero name?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:01 AM   #320
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Guys,

Do you get into trouble if you try to use a copyrighted superhero name?

I think you would be shamed off the servers. People have names similar to (c)'d names, but have yet to see a direct use. Would be interesting to try naming a character Super Man or something to see if it lets you.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #321
condors
College Starter

if you use an actual copyrighted name you will have to reroll the character (someone was upset about this on their forums a little while back) and i think you lose all exp with that character so i would be safe rather than sorry.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:35 PM   #322
JeeberD
General Manager

Frozen Jeebster is level 8 and Fighting Miner is still level 5. Haven't used him in a while...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:29 PM   #323
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I am on the Liberty server, Doug Bot Level 5 (almost 6) Scrapper.
I also have TheDoug, a level 3 Blaster on the Champion server.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:54 AM   #324
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have decided to keep Blizz for now, though I may not play him much, especially with over 1000 xp debt (and accumulated in one night's play).

Peregrine,
I had forgotten I also had a second melee attack-air superiority. That gave me only one non-area of attack power plus chilbain, a damage over time power. Since blasters are all about damage, I was missing out not taking the first attack, as I had to wait for the only one I had to recharge.

Seeing that there seems to be a few ice blasters now, I may create another blaster with a less popular power for some variety-what blaster power group don't we have?
I also have Pastor Cross-a mind control/empath healer at level 6 now with the all important resurrect power if you want to add him to the group.

I'm also going to create either a controller or tank, probably a controller, since we seem to have less of those around. Let you know when I create him
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:22 AM   #325
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

My Hero Frosty Mug (ice/ice) got to lvl 8.

I need to get to at least lvl 10 to get into a super group right? Who should I contact to get into the group when I reach that lvl?

BTW this game is freaken to damn fun

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:36 AM   #326
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nah, you don't need to be level 10 to join, just to start your own. Contact Ramsack, Green Gale, or Ill Blood to join the FOFC group.

Having a lot of fun playing a blaster ... wonder if I would have enjoyed a scrapper as much as my 2nd character if I had played the blaster first?
Old 05-14-2004, 11:26 AM   #327
gi
College Prospect

Installed and played yesterday, Defender Healer, name: Motown Mayhem (Level 2, almost 3)

On Virtue...should be playing tonight around 8 to 9pm EST if anyone wishes to group with me.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:20 AM   #328
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Here's an interesting site, you can check out a large number of heroes who have entered their info, or enter your own!

www.creyindustries.com
Old 05-17-2004, 05:23 AM   #329
condors
College Starter

kieran = 10 tank inv/axe basically its gwain(my other tank) with focus on the actual ability to tank has all his defense skills avaiable and provoke already, although he is kinda useless solo (only offense he has is brawl and gash which you start out with at level 1) he will be an invaluable asset at later levels.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:19 PM   #330
JeeberD
General Manager

My computer is having issues right now so I can't play the damn game...

Old 05-17-2004, 05:59 PM   #331
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Now that mother and baby are out of the hospital, I have had some time to play again. My problem is that I have been playing too many different heroes. All of these things I want to try out. Shalalagh got to 14, and I haven't played since. I will log out and look for you guys tonight.

Hope to see you then
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:00 PM   #332
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
My computer is having issues right now so I can't play the damn game...

Nevermind, the computer seems to be working fine now...

Old 05-17-2004, 11:45 PM   #333
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Here's something I learned yesterday on the main COH forums. I had always noticed some weird color effects with the game, notably that whites all seem to turn blue at night. I just assumed this is the way the game was built, until today when I read that it's a graphical issue affecting people with ATI Radeon cards. No known patch to fix it yet.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:26 PM   #334
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Dangit! Here I've been playing this game for about 10 days now, and never thought to see if there were any other FOFCers about. DAMN! I've been playing on Protector server (in case anyone happens by there). Shadow Serpent is currently a L14 dark/dark scrapper. I just got Teleport, which is loads of fun.

I have been thinking of starting an alt on another server. Virtue sounds like a good choice. I'm also a masochist at heart, and much prefer the toe-to-toe types. I may start a new tanker tonight...we'll see.

Should I just give a broadcast "FOFC!" shout or what?
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:29 AM   #335
Bonegavel

Ramsack has finally reached 16th level after a night in Boomtown.

After this many hours of play, the game is starting to reach the point of NEW CONTENT OR ELSE. After playing the higher level characters, starting over with a new character is painful.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:30 PM   #336
NevStar
High School Varsity

This thread SHALL NOT DIE!

This game seems to cater more towards the casual gamer, rather than the power-gamer. Cyber Freud just hit level 12 & I've finally got into my first 2 story arcs (The Vahzilok plot & Skulls vs Hellions gang war / trafficking ring). If I had blazed through these in a night, I probably would have been bored, but as it is, I'm still content.

The new feature update promises more content, as well.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:59 PM   #337
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevStar
This thread SHALL NOT DIE!

This game seems to cater more towards the casual gamer, rather than the power-gamer. Cyber Freud just hit level 12 & I've finally got into my first 2 story arcs (The Vahzilok plot & Skulls vs Hellions gang war / trafficking ring). If I had blazed through these in a night, I probably would have been bored, but as it is, I'm still content.

The new feature update promises more content, as well.

(maybe it is there and I don't know it) I wish that all the story pieces you uncover were in a log format that you could go back and read through. I don't think they are complicated, but I will sometimes spend a week not working on my own arcs and basically team up with others and complete their missions, so the story elements that are part of my cahracter are a bit loose, if you know what i mean.

There is so much they could add to make this game truly amazing, as it is, it is really only worth about a 1-2 months of casual play (far more than any other MMO i've played, BTW).

I don't see many in the FOH on anymore. They've either dropped out of the game or are playing other alts.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:23 PM   #338
Bonegavel

This post on CoH forums has a set of instructions on setting up the game to use the new Test Server. Should be interesting.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #339
NevStar
High School Varsity

Well, if you're in the middle of a story arc, you'll have write-ups in your clues menu. The Vahzilok arc I'm working on is a few pages long.

Don't know if such a thing exists for completed arcs. (Is that what a souvenir is, maybe?)
Old 05-20-2004, 03:19 PM   #340
JeeberD
General Manager

Have the evening free, so I should be able to play some tonight...

Old 05-20-2004, 03:57 PM   #341
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Have the evening free, so I should be able to play some tonight...

I'm hoping it rains like hell here tonight. My daughter will have to play inside and I'll be free to jump online for a few hours. Who are you playing tonight Jeebs?
Old 05-20-2004, 04:06 PM   #342
JeeberD
General Manager

I'll most likely be on as The Frozen Jeebster...

Old 05-20-2004, 11:17 PM   #343
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm still having a lot of fun with the game, though I'm playing mostly on the Champion server now. Just trying out various archetypes has been a blast for me, I'm really enjoying playing my tanker right now.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:28 PM   #344
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Virtue has been quiet though I've been on at odd times...playing with a level 7 blaster Shockburn
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:03 AM   #345
hoopsguy
General Manager

Didn't see Jeeber or Ramsack this evening while online ... still playing with Sydney Bristow, who is now Lvl 14 Blaster on Virtue. Hope to catch up with some of the FOFC folks again one of these times ...
Old 05-21-2004, 05:10 AM   #346
condors
College Starter

i am still enjoying as well, although i have been goofing around with different archtypes when i don't see anyone from front office heroes online.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:10 AM   #347
Bonegavel

Quote:
Didn't see Jeeber or Ramsack this evening while online ... still playing with Sydney Bristow, who is now Lvl 14 Blaster on Virtue. Hope to catch up with some of the FOFC folks again one of these times ...

I will hopefully be on tonight with Ramsack. I only had about 40 mins last night to spend online and I used it on the test server. I want to be in-the-know on changes that are coming down the pike.

FYI: If you are interested in the test server, don't let the game copy down the 700+ Mb's of data. Just copy your entire CoH directory to a new folder (e.g., call it CoHTest) and then make a shortcut for that directory's CoHUpdate.exe (or whatever it is called) and throw the -test at the end of the target string. This way, the game only has to update a few meg's of files and not the entire stinking game.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 05-21-2004 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:14 AM   #348
Bonegavel

dola, if people want to create new characters on Virtue (or wherever) we should do it together in larger groups so we can mission together at the early levels. I started a new character the other day and soloing early is a bitch. Would be much better if we could team up at the tender levels < 8 and we would also have characters that are more or less equal.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:01 AM   #349
condors
College Starter

what we need is to set it up ahead of time and get a nice balanced team
Old 05-22-2004, 08:14 AM   #350
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm up for this and I agree we need to set it up ahead of time and plan to create our characters at the same time so we can play together from the start.

I think we should have these characters on one of the newer servers like Champion-to keep them seperate from our "main" characters and for a selfish reason because I seem to have less mapserver disconnects on a less populated server, and Virtue has to be one of the top populated servers.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote