Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #301
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpieman
I'd love to learn a lot more about Darth Plageius, he seems to be the most powerful Sith leader ever.

Me too. Maybe we'll see Episodes 0.25, 0.5, and 0.75?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #302
Kodos
Resident Alien

I enjoyed this one much more than the first two. Not on par with the original trilogy, but it helped the series ride off into the sunset with dignity. I think Obi Wan turned in the best performance by far or any of the characters.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #303
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth
This is exactly how Hitler came to power... Just look at our own country, would you have thought 5 years ago that we would ever make torture a fundamental part of our national policy? ...

Crim
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:24 PM   #304
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpieman
How the hell does Obi-Wan not recognize R2 in ANH when Luke brings R2 to his house??? WTF? He says something like "I don't remember owning a droid." Also, Is R2's memory erased too with C3PO's?
As said, droids are not all that rare in the Star Wars universe.

Quote:
The story was rushed, the whole Senate must be retarded because they just accepted whatever Sidious said and cheered and loved him without question.
History is full of leaders of countries trying to destroy a rebellion turning near-dictatorial. "Senators" would rather feel safe rather than having their liberty. In fact it reminded me, somewhat, of Oliver Cromwell. And after having a scarred face and saying the Jedi tried to kill him, he got the Senate 'moderates' to rally around their leader.

Quote:
And how does Luke go from "What did I just do?" to Sith-Loving Evil guy in literally 2 secondes?
Anakin has been turning since AotC. And that "What did I just do" was help kill a Jedi Master. There isn't much else you can do after that. Also he comes to the realization that Palpatine was right... the Jedi were after power, because Windu is willing to violate Jedi Code so easily by striking down an unarmed Palpatine. Add to that fact that Windu treated Anakin with no respect after Anakin brought the news to him, while Palpatine has been Anakin's closest friend (after Obi-Wan), and there you fgo. And once you start to turn to the Dark Side... it's hard to get out.

Quote:
The gay Noooooo by Vader at the end was out of character completely.
Out of what character? At that time he wasn't the cold, devoid of feeling Vader of Ep.4. It was the loss of Padme and the fact that he did it that turned him into that Vader.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 05-25-2005 at 11:30 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:55 PM   #305
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Out of what character? At that time he wasn't the cold, devoid of feeling Vader of Ep.4. It was the loss of Padme and the fact that he did it that turned him into that Vader.

Personally my problem wasn't so much that it was out of character, although it did make him look like a wuss. It was the whole Frankenvader thing, and the way he said it..it was horrible all around, painful. The one thing it lacked was him shaking his fist in the air. That would've been the icing on the cake.

I once again reiterate

http://darthdolenz.ytmnd.com/

I still giggle.

Last edited by Calis : 05-25-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:01 AM   #306
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

::shrug:: That's something I didn't mind at all. I thought it was pretty cool how his anger smashed everything in the room. His Nooo didn't even bother me that much. I heard about it before, prepared for the worst, but no big deal.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:09 AM   #307
weinstein7
High School JV

I just saw this tonight. I don't have anything of value to add, as I agree with most of what's been said (best of the new trilogy, not as good as 4 or 5, etc), so instead I'll make two completely worthless comments.

The opening combat scene with the ship crashing almost had me in tears. Don't get me wrong, it was well done, but two parody moments came to mind.

First, "the escape pods are all gone," obviously brought Spaceballs to mind. I thought Obi-Wan would find an empty escape pod only for it to be occupied by an angry Wookie.

Second, when the ship went down, I thought of Airplane. I was waiting for Palpatine to come into the room and say "I just want to wish you both good luck, we're all counting on you."

Not to mention a couple of "shit! I hate it when I get my schwartz twisted!" moments.

I'll never forgive Mel Brooks for not releasing a "remastered" version of Spaceballs when Lucas revived Star Wars.
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:18 AM   #308
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
::shrug:: That's something I didn't mind at all. I thought it was pretty cool how his anger smashed everything in the room. His Nooo didn't even bother me that much. I heard about it before, prepared for the worst, but no big deal.

Well, it's a ridiculout way for Vader to go out. I mean, how in the fuck does that make it past editing?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 AM   #309
Thul
n00b

Tossing my 2 cents in way late...

I loved the movie. It was dark, tragic, and watching the way Palpatine manipulated the hell out of a tormented Anakin was awesome. I thought it was handled perfectly. IMO, as a Vader fan first and SW fan second, it's the 2nd best of the 6 movies.

Of course, I'm probably also the only SW fan not on the ESB bandwagon (it's 3rd best), but whatever. When I saw RoTJ as a kid, it became my favorite and still is. It had Jabba and the Rancor monster, Leia in a bikini (hey, I was like 7), that great operatic score during the final lightsaber battle, and the single best moment of any of the films - Vader turning back to the light and tossing the Emperor like a bag of rags. That scene still gives me chills.

Likewise, watching the torment of his fall was equally as enthralling. Much better than I expected, and classic Star Wars. Oh, and Yoda crawling through that air duct? LMAO...great stuff.
Thul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:30 AM   #310
Pacersfan46
H.S. Freshman Team

You know, talking to my boss at work, he added to the whole Sideous being able to keep people alive with force argument.

I saw it, but didn't think anything about it. When Anakin was about to be placed into his Vader outfit, my boss said Sideous put his hand on Anakin's chest, and to him he thought he was keeping him alive using the force. Which would explain the "if we work together" part of Sideous's comment. Knowing he can see the future quite a ways ahead, he might have been saying that, knowing Anakin would think it would imply "together" meaning to save Padme.

Just another 2 cents on that one. I'll have to see it again to have any real imput on it.

Last edited by Pacersfan46 : 05-26-2005 at 07:31 AM.
Pacersfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:06 AM   #311
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thul
When I saw RoTJ as a kid, it became my favorite and still is. It had Jabba and the Rancor monster, Leia in a bikini (hey, I was like 7), that great operatic score during the final lightsaber battle, and the single best moment of any of the films - Vader turning back to the light and tossing the Emperor like a bag of rags. That scene still gives me chills.
RotJ had so much potential and probably would have been much better if they were able to do Wookees instead of Ewoks, but the only thing about the furry midgets defeating the empire with sticks and rocks kind of ruins it for me.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #312
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Well, it's a ridiculout way for Vader to go out. I mean, how in the fuck does that make it past editing?

Um, why wouldn't it? Anakin is upset that Padme was dead and he is the one who caused it. People seem to talk about how Anakin was all whiney and angsty and crap and then think that within 10 minutes of putting on Vader's suit, he's not those things anymore? What the fuck?

The transformation of the cold, uncaring Vader takes time. It doesn't happen because he has a black helmet!
Old 05-26-2005, 12:17 PM   #313
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Um, why wouldn't it? Anakin is upset that Padme was dead and he is the one who caused it. People seem to talk about how Anakin was all whiney and angsty and crap and then think that within 10 minutes of putting on Vader's suit, he's not those things anymore? What the fuck?

The transformation of the cold, uncaring Vader takes time. It doesn't happen because he has a black helmet!

You're defending the "Nooooo!"? Jesus, man, next thing you'll be waxing poetically about Anakin's beautiful and moving sand metaphor in EP II and how that whole "I love you! No! I love YOU more! NO! I LOVE YOU MORE!" scene was powerful and deeply romantic. You have no shame! You're such a Prequel Apologist.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #314
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
You're defending the "Nooooo!"? Jesus, man, next thing you'll be waxing poetically about Anakin's beautiful and moving sand metaphor in EP II and how that whole "I love you! No! I love YOU more! NO! I LOVE YOU MORE!" scene was powerful and deeply romantic. You have no shame! You're such a Prequel Apologist.

Just saw this. I'm sure this isn't anything new, but IMHO the best of the new trilogy, but still far too many awful lines delivered by wooden actors. This was particularly noticeable during the first hour (with some more awful awkward anaken-padame love talk ... damn, is Lucas a virgin or what?). I didn't notice it as much towards the end, well up until the 'you can't beat me, I have the high ground' and the NOOOOO crap, where I almost lost my popcorn laughing. I remember thinking towards the end how much better the movie was when they just focused on anguished faces to communicate emotion and not add the lousy dialogue.

Thought the ending was rushed - like they tried to tie up too much up quickly (random stuff like Yoda saying I've failed I must go into exile ... just to tie it up, without really delving on why he needed to go into exile vs. trying to find any remaing Jedi and round them up or finding/training some younglings) . Like someone said, they should've cut out half the first episode and expanded this one.

Also, it was clear from the first of the new trilogy that Lucas fell in love with CGI at the cost of plot/characters. But I was annoyed in this one more than the others with how Lucas felt the need to include some damn annoying droid in practically every single shot ... often playing the humorous part. Some stupid CGI droid running around just isn't funny/interesting to me. I really lost it during the infamous lava surfing scene where the intense scene is broken up by Anakin riding on ... yes, a droid.

I'm not sure about the others, but we know that Portman is a decent actor so just how bad a director is Lucas that he makes her look awful? I heard an interesing question on the radio ... were Fisher, Hammill, and Ford that great of actors that they overcame Lucas's poor writing/directing ... or has Lucas just completely lost his focus (in favor of CGI)?

Summing it up: Better than I thought it would be (after the last two) ... still disappointing.

Last edited by moriarty : 05-26-2005 at 12:44 PM.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:15 PM   #315
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty

Just saw this. I'm sure this isn't anything new, but IMHO the best of the new trilogy, but still far too many awful lines delivered by wooden actors. This was particularly noticeable during the first hour (with some more awful awkward anaken-padame love talk ... damn, is Lucas a virgin or what?). I didn't notice it as much towards the end, well up until the 'you can't beat me, I have the high ground' and the NOOOOO crap, where I almost lost my popcorn laughing. I remember thinking towards the end how much better the movie was when they just focused on anguished faces to communicate emotion and not add the lousy dialogue.

Thought the ending was rushed - like they tried to tie up too much up quickly (random stuff like Yoda saying I've failed I must go into exile ... just to tie it up, without really delving on why he needed to go into exile vs. trying to find any remaing Jedi and round them up or finding/training some younglings) . Like someone said, they should've cut out half the first episode and expanded this one.

Also, it was clear from the first of the new trilogy that Lucas fell in love with CGI at the cost of plot/characters. But I was annoyed in this one more than the others with how Lucas felt the need to include some damn annoying droid in practically every single shot ... often playing the humorous part. Some stupid CGI droid running around just isn't funny/interesting to me. I really lost it during the infamous lava surfing scene where the intense scene is broken up by Anakin riding on ... yes, a droid.

I'm not sure about the others, but we know that Portman is a decent actor so just how bad a director is Lucas that he makes her look awful? I heard an interesing question on the radio ... were Fisher, Hammill, and Ford that great of actors that they overcame Lucas's poor writing/directing ... or has Lucas just completely lost his focus (in favor of CGI)?

Summing it up: Better than I thought it would be (after the last two) ... still disappointing.

I agree completely.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #316
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
But I was annoyed in this one more than the others with how Lucas felt the need to include some damn annoying droid in practically every single shot

Don't forget that he just absolutely could not go an entire movie without at least one cameo by Jar-Jar. Couldn't he have used those 5 seconds to avoid rushing the other bits?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #317
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And you're just a hater . I didn't find anything wrong with the "Noooo!". It seems like something Anakin would do... though with pre-burn Anakin, it'd sound more like a scream.

Quote:
we know that Portman is a decent actor so just how bad a director is Lucas that he makes her look awful?

Well, we also know, now, that Portman hates Star Wars and doesn't care about the movies at all (according to what she has said about them). There is a good chance that she may have been mailing in her performances.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:12 PM   #318
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinstein7
I'll never forgive Mel Brooks for not releasing a "remastered" version of Spaceballs when Lucas revived Star Wars.
Can you ever find it in your heart to forgive him?

Revenge of the Schtick

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Last edited by Hammer755 : 05-26-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:30 PM   #319
Thul
n00b

Everyone complains about the bad dialogue, as if that's something new in a Star Wars movie. The dialogue has always been bad. Need I mention Leia's "nerfherder" line during the romance scenes of ESB or the "power converter" whine of ANH? I'm not defending the dialogue of the prequels, but let's not pretend the original trilogy were shining examples either The dialogue was always laughable and pulp. It was the story, characters, and the SW universe that gave the movies their magic, imo.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #320
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
And you're just a hater . I didn't find anything wrong with the "Noooo!". It seems like something Anakin would do... though with pre-burn Anakin, it'd sound more like a scream.

I would have loved it if Anakin asked Palpatine about Padme BEFORE the suit was put on. And then give out a blood curdling scream using Hayden's voice, instead of the laghuably soulless James Earl Jones Vader Voicebox 2000.

The NOOOOO simply didn't have any emotional effect that one would get had a broken, bleeding and smoking Hayden Christiansen screamed it out in pain and anguish.

It's those little things that could've been done better that would've made this move less disappointing.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:35 PM   #321
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
I would have loved it if Anakin asked Palpatine about Padme BEFORE the suit was put on. And then give out a blood curdling scream using Hayden's voice, instead of the laghuably soulless James Earl Jones Vader Voicebox 2000.

The NOOOOO simply didn't have any emotional effect that one would get had a broken, bleeding and smoking Hayden Christiansen screamed it out in pain and anguish.

It's those little things that could've been done better that would've made this move less disappointing.

I was actually thinking that the Nooooooo! would sound better with Hayden in the suit somehow overcoming the voicebox and sounding like himself. Like a hearing the man inside the machine thing.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:25 AM   #322
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Deleted scenes/pictures from Episode III.

I guess GL thought this was pointless in regards to the plot.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:44 AM   #323
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Deleted scenes/pictures from Episode III.

I guess GL thought this was pointless in regards to the plot.

Actually those probably would have enhanced his plot ... he just had to cut them because they didn't have any cute droids in them.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #324
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thul
Everyone complains about the bad dialogue, as if that's something new in a Star Wars movie. The dialogue has always been bad. Need I mention Leia's "nerfherder" line during the romance scenes of ESB or the "power converter" whine of ANH? I'm not defending the dialogue of the prequels, but let's not pretend the original trilogy were shining examples either The dialogue was always laughable and pulp. It was the story, characters, and the SW universe that gave the movies their magic, imo.

While the dialogue in the Original Trilogy wasn't Shakespeare or even Tarantino or even Kevin Smithlike it was still infinitely better than almost anything we saw in these last three. There was really nothing as cringe-worthy, whince-inducing, or groan-causing in the first three the likes of which we saw in these last three. There are, in fact, classic bits of well-written dialogue: Han and Leia on Hoth "I don't have time to discuss this with a committee. I am not a committee!", Han talking to the Imperial dude in the Death Star "Uh, everything's fine down here. We're fine. Uh, how are you?", etc., etc.

Come on, Thul. Do not let Darth Isquiddious turn you to the Dark Side as well.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:09 AM   #325
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Han talking to the Imperial dude in the Death Star "Uh, everything's fine down here. We're fine. Uh, how are you?", etc., etc.

That was actually Harrison Ford, not GL - Ford intentionally never learned his line for that scene so that Han's "improv" would sound real.

FWIW, the "I know" answer to Leia's "I love you" in Empire was also all Harrison Ford. The actual line was supposed to be "I love you too".
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #326
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
That was actually Harrison Ford, not GL - Ford intentionally never learned his line for that scene so that Han's "improv" would sound real.

FWIW, the "I know" answer to Leia's "I love you" in Empire was also all Harrison Ford. The actual line was supposed to be "I love you too".

That's good to know. Though GL didn't even write Empire or Jedi. While it was Ford's improv genius that came up with those lines it still doesn't change the fact that the dialogue actually spoken on screen in the first three was infinitely better than the last three. Too bad Hadyn Christenthingy, Portman, or even McGregor didn't have the nuts or talent or whatever to improv some of their lines. Oy vey!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:29 AM   #327
st.cronin
General Manager

I thought Christensen and McGregor did a good job of acting, despite which this prequel trilogy is an enormous travesty.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:39 AM   #328
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I thought Christensen and McGregor did a good job of acting, despite which this prequel trilogy is an enormous travesty.

I think McGregor did quite a nice job. I mean he was basically given a big pile of shit to work with dialogue was and he basically made it a much smaller pile. Thinking back on the prequels, which isn't easy, I think I was most impressed with Liam Neeson actually. I kind of dug Qui Gon.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #329
st.cronin
General Manager

The amazing thing about McGregor is that he exactly mimicked Alec Guiness' speech patterns. Just technically speaking, an amazing job. I almost think computers were involved somehow.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #330
Thul
n00b

I thought the star of the first three was Ian McDiarmid. His subtle manipulations throughout the prequels, and his fullblown evil in Ep3, were wonderful. McGregor really turned it on in Ep3 (or was allowed to).

And I agree with Celeval. SW fans should thank their lucky stars for Harrison Ford. For a carpenter, the man had acting charisma

Quote:
Thinking back on the prequels, which isn't easy, I think I was most impressed with Liam Neeson actually. I kind of dug Qui Gon.

Last edited by Thul : 05-27-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #331
Galaril
Pro Starter

I wonder if they Lucas or whoever controls the movie rights I guess Lucas and make episodes 7-9.I remember he said he pretty much wrote them? I also, heard Lucas said if he made anothe rfilm in Starw ars it would be like 800 years befroe menace with yoda as amain character

Last edited by Galaril : 05-27-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #332
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I thought I read somewhere while the first one was being made (Episode 1) that he will not do episodes 7-9. I read somewhere more recent that it depended on how well Episode 3 did in the theaters.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:42 AM   #333
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
I wonder if they will ever Gl or whoever controls the movie rights I guess Lucas and make episodes 7-9.I remember he said he pretty much wrote them?

He has said that, but he has also said he hasn't, and he's said he has no intention of making them. I think he will, though.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #334
Suicane75
Coordinator

As someone who has never read the books, what do episodes 7-9 entail?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #335
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
stuff
Old 05-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #336
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
stuff

Wiseass.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #337
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
I wonder if they Lucas or whoever controls the movie rights I guess Lucas and make episodes 7-9.I remember he said he pretty much wrote them? I also, heard Lucas said if he made anothe rfilm in Starw ars it would be like 800 years befroe menace with yoda as amain character
Yeah, Lucas has said vastly different things depending on the time when he was interviewed. I think originally he did plan on it being a 9-volume installment, but more recently he's gone on record saying that ROTJ is absolutely the end of the story.

Of course, there is wide speculation that somebody may come along, with Lucas' blessing of course, and turn some of the EU books into movies. It has to be awfully tempting since you can just slap the Star Wars name on a movie and pretty much guarantee a $300MM domestic box office.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #338
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75

No idea. I read the Timothy Zhan books which, I think, for a while were seens as Eps. 7-9 or at least they were post-Jedi stories with Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, etc., but I don't think they are the "official" Eps. 7-9, whatever the hell that means.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #339
Calis
College Starter

I just don't see Lucas using the Zahn books for the next 3 if he makes them, and I wish he would. They're a lot better than anything he's going to come up with. It also has quite a bit different feel than the movies, so I'm not sure how well it'd pan out. I think some of the movie fanboys would get upset.

I don't think there's any doubt there will be more, it's just a matter of when.

And to add on to the other point, I also think McGregor did quite a job, the only times he looked bad were with lines NO ONE could've looked good using. Christenson on the other hand could've looked bad with any lines in my opinion. If you consider him to have done a good job, I shudder to think on what you consider bad acting.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #340
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer755
Yeah, Lucas has said vastly different things depending on the time when he was interviewed. I think originally he did plan on it being a 9-volume installment, but more recently he's gone on record saying that ROTJ is absolutely the end of the story.

I think Lucas is just waiting on 7-9 until the point where computer graphics are lifelike enough he can recreate Mark Hammill, Carrie Fischer, and Harrison Ford (and some cute droids) in CGI. Then he can realize his ultimate dream of a completely CGI starwars.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #341
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

There was an article in the local paper (the oregonian) where they talked about the potential for episodes 7 through 9. Lucas said there never was an episode 7 through 9 and where the idea came from is that way back when, the star wars producers (including lucas) said that they had enough of a story to do nine episodes (or even 12). They went on to say that Lucas chopped it off with return of the jedi. Apparently, the original story created by lucas was very different from Return of the Jedi seen in theaters. The original story did not include a second death star, it did not include ewoks, han Solo dies, Princess Leia leaves to lead the remaining Alderaan citizens, and Luke does not face the emperor until he is an old man, and after he has many more adventures (presumably making up episodes 7 and 8).
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #342
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
There was an article in the local paper (the oregonian) where they talked about the potential for episodes 7 through 9. Lucas said there never was an episode 7 through 9 and where the idea came from is that way back when, the star wars producers (including lucas) said that they had enough of a story to do nine episodes (or even 12). They went on to say that Lucas chopped it off with return of the jedi. Apparently, the original story created by lucas was very different from Return of the Jedi seen in theaters. The original story did not include a second death star, it did not include ewoks, han Solo dies, Princess Leia leaves to lead the remaining Alderaan citizens, and Luke does not face the emperor until he is an old man, and after he has many more adventures (presumably making up episodes 7 and 8).

I also recall that at one point, Luke was rumored to turn to the darkside in 7-9, only to be brought back by leah. But that would entail an entirely different ROTJ.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:41 PM   #343
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

At this point, it's been long enough that a 7-9 series involving the original actors could almost work as they'd be the right ages to play themselves 25 years older, because, well, they are 25 years older. Unfortunately, I think that would rule out the Zahn books since those are generally set in the few years after ROTJ. If the EU characters were used, then the Solo kids under the tutilage of a middle-aged Master Skywalker would be closer to where the actors are age-wise.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #344
timmynausea
College Starter

I have seen some basic plot outlines that have Lucas's name attached to them around on the internet. I seriously doubt they are real, but I read through episode 7. It basically involved clones of Darth Vader and Luke. Like I said, they are probably fake, but if anyone is interested you could search Episode VII the fallen hero and probably find them.

Last edited by timmynausea : 05-27-2005 at 12:48 PM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #345
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
I have seen some basic plot outlines that have Lucas's name attached to them around on the internet. I seriously doubt they are real, but I read through episode 7. It basically involved a clone of Darth Vader and him again trying to lure Luke into ruling the galaxy with him. Like I said, they are probably fake, but if anyone is interested you could search Episode VII the fallen hero and probably find them.
Like here
Old 05-27-2005, 12:49 PM   #346
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
I also recall that at one point, Luke was rumored to turn to the darkside in 7-9, only to be brought back by leah. But that would entail an entirely different ROTJ.

There are some EU stories about that. Basically, the Emperor comes back in a clone's body and Luke goes over to the dark side to defeat him. Either Leia or Mara Jade save him, etc.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:57 PM   #347
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
At this point, it's been long enough that a 7-9 series involving the original actors could almost work as they'd be the right ages to play themselves 25 years older, because, well, they are 25 years older. Unfortunately, I think that would rule out the Zahn books since those are generally set in the few years after ROTJ. If the EU characters were used, then the Solo kids under the tutilage of a middle-aged Master Skywalker would be closer to where the actors are age-wise.
I'm not sure if Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher have exactly held up enough to be the stars of another Star Wars movie.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #348
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Like here

Yep, supershadow. BS artist extraordanaire.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #349
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Yep, supershadow. BS artist extraordanaire.
He paints pictures of Bullshit too?
Old 05-27-2005, 02:40 PM   #350
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Han talking to the Imperial dude in the Death Star "Uh, everything's fine down here. We're fine. Uh, how are you?", etc., etc.

Wait... that's an example of GOOD dialogue?