Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #301
Izulde
Head Coach

I wound up taking the deal offered to me above. Now to see if it passes the veto process.

Upgraded my backup QB situation by grabbing Bulger off the FA pile.

So, assuming trade goes through I have

RB:
Brandon Jacobs @ NO
Marshawn Lynch @ NYJ
Ray Rice @ MIN

QB/RB/WR Flex Option:
QB Jason Campbell vs. KC
QB Marc Bulger @ Jax
Whoever doesn't make the RB cut

My gut instinct says Jacobs & Lynch, with either Bulger or Campbell as the flex option. It's just whether it's Bulger or Campbell that's giving me problems.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #302
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
- Massaquoi (at least he'll likely play every snap)
- Tomlinson (maybe too risky...is he healthy enough to make an impact?)
- Torry Holt (extra motivation perhaps against his former team)
- Percy Harvin (third option probably this week in the pass game behind Berrian and Rice and the Vikes will likely run the ball)
- Hakeem Nicks (seems to be getting more targets lately over Manningham)

I'd actually probably go with Holt. The Rams really suck and Holt leads the Jags in targets & receptions, so he'll at least score points. That's the conservative approach, of course.

LDT is still probably too risky, but of the rest, if you want to take a risk I'd go with Harvin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
I'm leaning towards Brees, but do I start him or Eli this week?

I'd actually go with Eli, mainly because the Giants' D is very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
RB:
Brandon Jacobs @ NO
Marshawn Lynch @ NYJ
Ray Rice @ MIN

QB/RB/WR Flex Option:
QB Jason Campbell vs. KC
QB Marc Bulger @ Jax
Whoever doesn't make the RB cut

I'd go with Jacobs & Rice. The Jets' D is good, and Rice could be the beneficiary of a lot of check-downs from Flacco.

Then I'd go with Bulger, who's probably more likely to do something than Campbell. In fact, based on his performance last week, and the pitiful Jags' pass D, he could go off (for one week only).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #303
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Then I'd go with Bulger, who's probably more likely to do something than Campbell. In fact, based on his performance last week, and the pitiful Jags' pass D, he could go off (for one week only).

Personally, I would avoid Bulger at all costs. Campbell actually has respectable numbers, not great but decent. Also, KC does not have a great defense. Bulger is washed up at this point imho.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #304
TLK
Pro Starter

WR Percy Harvin, MIN
K Lawrence Tynes, NYG
RB Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC

for

RB Brian Westbrook, PHI
K Steven Hauschka, BAL
WR Brandon Marshall, DEN

This has to be the worst trade I've seen in a while. Am I missing something here or is this just a bad deal?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #305
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Got an offer of:
Dwayne Bowe wr and Roger McIntosh LB for

Paul Posluszny and Crabtree (MINE)

2nd trade is:

M Cassell, 5th round pick for:

1st rounder and Anderson (cle qb) MINE

My receivers are..shall we say poor(d bess MIA,k burton StL,d hester CHI,m jenkins ATL, s moss WASH, and m jones FA and my starting qb is trent edwards.

Would you go for these two trades?

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 10-17-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #306
stevew
Hall Of Famer

One trade in our league.

Team A trades.

MJD.
Shaun
R Moss
G Olsen

Team B trades
Brees
R Grant
Harvin
D Clark

Thoughts?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #307
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Non Dynasty
Old 10-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #308
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

I would be all over the Bowe trade, Crabtree will be the slot receiver for a while and rookie WR hardly ever do well, especially after missing all of camp. If it was a keeper league I wouldn't do it, Crabtree still has the chance to offer elite fantasy points in upcoming seasons, Bowe not so much and defiantly not if he doesn't grade traded from KC.
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #309
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
WR Percy Harvin, MIN
K Lawrence Tynes, NYG
RB Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC

for

RB Brian Westbrook, PHI
K Steven Hauschka, BAL
WR Brandon Marshall, DEN

This has to be the worst trade I've seen in a while. Am I missing something here or is this just a bad deal?

That seems pretty fair to me, I think MJD is the best player in the deal, but would rather have Brandon Marshall for the rest of the season over a injured here and there Harvin.
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #310
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
I would be all over the Bowe trade, Crabtree will be the slot receiver for a while and rookie WR hardly ever do well, especially after missing all of camp. If it was a keeper league I wouldn't do it, Crabtree still has the chance to offer elite fantasy points in upcoming seasons, Bowe not so much and defiantly not if he doesn't grade traded from KC.

Its a keeper league...
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #311
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Karlifornia - I'd always start Brady.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #312
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Had a must win game in my sportshawaii.com league, and got it. I'm 3-3 now

In the FOFC alternate rules league I'm down 20 with 4 players left, and the person I'm playing is done. I think I can pull the win out, but its possible I don't

If I win I'll be 4-2 in that one. So far a decent season in both
Old 10-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #313
JS19
College Prospect

Made the genius move of benching Brees todays (let me heart get in the way of a smart decison, I'm a Giants fan)... still managed to pull out the victory today, though.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #314
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Do I just roll with D'A Williams and M. Turner this week or do I consider replacing one of them with J. Addai vs the Rams? (It is a PPR/TD/Yardage league so Addai has had some nice reception totals the last 2 weeks)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #315
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathetic Lurker View Post
Got an offer of:
Dwayne Bowe wr and Roger McIntosh LB for

Paul Posluszny and Crabtree (MINE)

2nd trade is:

M Cassell, 5th round pick for:

1st rounder and Anderson (cle qb) MINE

My receivers are..shall we say poor(d bess MIA,k burton StL,d hester CHI,m jenkins ATL, s moss WASH, and m jones FA and my starting qb is trent edwards.

Would you go for these two trades?

Trent Edwards is your starter? Sheesh, how deep is your league (how many teams?)

There is no way Cassel is worth giving up a first rounder for - isn't there anyone on the waiver wire? Even picking up a guy like Henne on waivers would be better than going with T Edwards or trading a first for Cassel, who isn't playing in a dynamic offense.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #316
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathetic Lurker View Post
My receivers are..(d bess MIA,k burton StL,d hester CHI,m jenkins ATL, s moss WASH, and m jones FA and my starting qb is trent edwards.

What happened?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #317
TLK
Pro Starter

sure buddy....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horrible trade.jpg (18.5 KB, 120 views)
Old 10-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #318
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
What happened?

32 team league?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #319
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
sure buddy....

Your league software needs a "WTF?!?!" button.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #320
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
sure buddy....

I hope you mocked him in front of the entire league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #321
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

That's pretty good stuff.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #322
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I don't know, he did say he could do Burleson instead of Cotchery - he's obviously giving this a good faith effort.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #323
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

So my brother has Brent Celek and Antonio Gates. He is pretty infatuated with Celek, so Gates is rotting on his bench. My TEs are Todd Heap and Anthony Fasano, so I could definitely use an upgrade. I asked him what he might want for Gates, and he said a WR and a mid-round draft pick next year. My current wideouts are Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith (NYG), TJ Housh, and Bernard Berrian. Really the only WR I would be willing to give up would be Berrian, but would Berrian + 6th rounder be good enough for Gates? And would that be worth it for me? I mean, it is only a TE. I am 5 - 1, but I have gotten pretty much no points out of that position.

What do you guys think?
Old 10-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #324
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Well, Berrian's probably useless after this year (if Favre retires) and I'd be willing to give up Housh for Gates.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #325
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Lots of people in my league offering me deals - I'm near the bottom of the standings due to having no real #1 players but lots of #3 types (S. Moss, Harvin, Massaquoi, Portis, SJack, LDT, Winslow, etc)...my only real steals this year were getting Roethlisberger in the middle of the draft and B. Marshall in the fifth round.

I've been offered the following deal:
Roddy White and Kevin Smith for LDT and Marshall

Seems like a bit of a lateral move but now that I think of it, it might be a pretty good way of shaking things up. White is pretty consistent and Smith is a fulltime back in Detroit while you're always wondering when LDT is going to get hurt again. Any thoughts?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #326
Tigercat
College Starter

Looking for some opinions on who to start in my flex position this week(and going forward when Moreno comes back from his bye into the mix with these two): Slaton or Sidney Rice?
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #327
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

NoSkillz - if you're at the bottom of the league and it's not a keeper league, then at this point you start to need to look at high-risk, high-reward type of deals. If you hit you could run the table. If you don't then well, you're back where you started.

Given this, I'd stick with LDT & Marshall. White & Smith will get you some consistency, but neither have the potential to blow up like LDT & Marshall do.

Tigercat - I'd play the matchups exclusively with Slaton & Rice. Either can be easily held in check by defenses set up to stop their phase of the game. Having said that, based on his progress so far, I might put Moreno in full-time when he's back from his bye until he gives you reason not to.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #328
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, Berrian's probably useless after this year (if Favre retires) and I'd be willing to give up Housh for Gates.

I was hesitant to suggest Housh, but looking at his numbers compared to the rest of my WRs, he'd be expendable for a consistent TE.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #329
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
NoSkillz - if you're at the bottom of the league and it's not a keeper league, then at this point you start to need to look at high-risk, high-reward type of deals. If you hit you could run the table. If you don't then well, you're back where you started.

Given this, I'd stick with LDT & Marshall. White & Smith will get you some consistency, but neither have the potential to blow up like LDT & Marshall do.

It's a 12 team league, with three teams at 4-2, tied for first. I'm at 2-4 so I'm definitely not out of it being only two games back.

It's a two-person keeper league as well.

I'm also working on a deal with a guy desperate for RB help this week, offering Ricky Williams and Santana Moss for Steve Smith (Carolina)...Smith has done nothing but I think he could be an upgrade over Moss long-term. Thoughts?

Last edited by NoSkillz : 10-22-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #330
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I was hesitant to suggest Housh, but looking at his numbers compared to the rest of my WRs, he'd be expendable for a consistent TE.

That was my thought as well. Who would not give up Houshmanzadeh for Gates right now? Especially when you have two must start ahead of Housh every week WRs, so you need one guy, for one week (the Giants bye, week 10) from Berrian or a waiver wire WR. Compare that to Gates? Seems a no-brainer to me.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #331
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Slaton vs SF
Thomas Jones vs Oak
Benson vs Chi
Mendenhall vs Vikes-

Pick 3.

I'm probably sitting mendenhall here.

Also got offered Brees for Romo/Slaton.

I've been running Flacco out there every week, and he's averaging about 4ppg less than Brees. I dunno whether to pull the trigger on it. Mainly cause I don't necessarily feel like giving the proposing team a good back(he has Caddalac/Ryan Grant/Parker/Chester Taylor/McFadden/Fred Jackson as his backs). We're tied in the playoff race at 3-3 but he smokes me in total points.

I may try to steal Ryan Grant off him(GB has a cupcake schedule coming up)
Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #332
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Slaton vs SF
Thomas Jones vs Oak
Benson vs Chi
Mendenhall vs Vikes-

Pick 3.

I'm probably sitting mendenhall here.

I've been running Flacco out there every week, and he's averaging about 4ppg less than Brees. I dunno whether to pull the trigger on it. Mainly cause I don't necessarily feel like giving the proposing team a good back(he has Caddalac/Ryan Grant/Parker/Chester Taylor/McFadden/Fred Jackson as his backs). We're tied in the playoff race at 3-3 but he smokes me in total points.

Is Slaton really a "good" back, though. Won't there come a point this season where Kubiak goes through the "fuck it, we'll just let Shaub throw 55 times a game; we don't need to run the ball" phase that all young "offensive guru" coaches go through? Haven't we already reached that point? Yeah, Slaton gets points for receiving yards--but that is very unreliable in fantasy--much more random than a back you know will get 20+ carries every week.

On the other hand, I've watched the Saints play this season, and the team has a stronger running game than people think. They are not afraid to run the ball if that is what the defense gives them. Two of their five games this season, Brees has zero touchdown passes. On any given week, I think that Brees has a higher upside [i[and[/i] a lower downside than Flacco.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #333
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post

Yeah, I have Housh on one of my teams, so I already knew that he'd be expendable this year for someone more consistent. Plus, I'd say he's going to be dependent on Hasselbeck, who could go back out injured at any time. And anyway, Gates tends to deliver like a #1/#2 WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
I'm also working on a deal with a guy desperate for RB help this week, offering Ricky Williams and Santana Moss for Steve Smith (Carolina)...Smith has done nothing but I think he could be an upgrade over Moss long-term. Thoughts?

It's a long-term play for sure, but if your WR group is performing well so far, you could take Smith essentially for the future (or, better, the end of the season if Carolina suddenly start to figure things out).

Quote:
Slaton vs SF
Thomas Jones vs Oak
Benson vs Chi
Mendenhall vs Vikes-

Pick 3.

Yes, probably sit Mendenhall, both as Min's run D is good and it's likely to be a shootout anyway, but also because the other three have pretty good matchups. I have to think, for instance, that Benson is going to try extra-special-hard to light up Chicago.

Quote:

This, otherwise no. As you noted, Brees isn't a huge upgrade in fantasy points over Flacco, and why give this guy another back?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #334
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Told a friend I'd post this for him

PPR one keeper

He gets Megatron and Gore
He trades Grant and roddy White

Seems like too good on the surface.

I said no cause of injury risks.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #335
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Told a friend I'd post this for him

PPR one keeper

He gets Megatron and Gore
He trades Grant and roddy White

Seems like too good on the surface.

I said no cause of injury risks.

No. I have Calvin Johnson on one of my teams, and he hasn't done anything. You may say "It's a keeper league, Detroit could get better", but we're talking about the Lions here. Gore is too much of an injury risk, and Grant and White play on good teams.

I would turn it down, even though it's a fairly even looking deal.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #336
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The guy proposed it to my friend. Admiral Ackbar was warning me "its a trap".
Old 10-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #337
TLK
Pro Starter

Who gets the better end of Forte & Boldin for Chris Johnson?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #338
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Who gets the better end of Forte & Boldin for Chris Johnson?

If you are PPR, I think the guy that gets Forte/Boldin does as the Bears are said to be adding a lot more "extended handoffs" (re: the swing pass to Forte) into their repertoire. In addition, I think he actually gets on track and the Arizona passing offense, while inconsistent, should get Boldin some good numbers the rest of the way.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:31 AM   #339
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Pretty important game for me as it would give me a two game lead on first place (which of course means I'm second-guessing every move I've made). Most of my choices were with the help of Football Guys, but I respect your opinions as much or more. One note, we are a PPR league:

A- Brady or Schaub? Right now, I'm on Brady despite the travel to London. I know last week was a fluke but they do play Tampa Bay and I think the Pats will try to put on a show. Schaub plays SF but is at home.

B- Moss, Driver, Bowe, or DeSean Jackson? I am playing the first three. I can't sit Moss, Driver has been the hottest receiver in Green Bay (and they play Cleveland), so I guess it is really Bowe or Jackson. Bowe at home against San Diego or Jackson at Washington on Monday night. We do get a point for every twenty return yards as well.

C- Need two here: Ronnie Brown, Joseph Addai, Rashard Mendenhall, Jamal Lewis. I currently have Brown and Addai slated to play as Brown plays the Saints (although I'm worried about them being down by fifty and needing to throw) and Addai has the Rams. I sat Mendenhall because he plays Minnesota who has a strong run D (although seems a bit down this year) and I don't love having Jamal Lewis but he is depth.

Thanks in advance. Like I said, I feel like these are the right moves but you guys usually have a pretty good eye for things.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #340
Flasch186
Coordinator

dont know who to start and cant get settle on 2 of these 3 WR's:

PPR

Randy Moss
Hines Ward
Roddy White

All 3 are playing Defenses that look inviting...who should I start?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #341
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

If you can only start two of them, I'd go Moss and White personally. They're all great plays this week though.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #342
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Pretty important game for me as it would give me a two game lead on first place (which of course means I'm second-guessing every move I've made). Most of my choices were with the help of Football Guys, but I respect your opinions as much or more. One note, we are a PPR league:

A- Brady or Schaub? Right now, I'm on Brady despite the travel to London. I know last week was a fluke but they do play Tampa Bay and I think the Pats will try to put on a show. Schaub plays SF but is at home.

B- Moss, Driver, Bowe, or DeSean Jackson? I am playing the first three. I can't sit Moss, Driver has been the hottest receiver in Green Bay (and they play Cleveland), so I guess it is really Bowe or Jackson. Bowe at home against San Diego or Jackson at Washington on Monday night. We do get a point for every twenty return yards as well.

C- Need two here: Ronnie Brown, Joseph Addai, Rashard Mendenhall, Jamal Lewis. I currently have Brown and Addai slated to play as Brown plays the Saints (although I'm worried about them being down by fifty and needing to throw) and Addai has the Rams. I sat Mendenhall because he plays Minnesota who has a strong run D (although seems a bit down this year) and I don't love having Jamal Lewis but he is depth.

Thanks in advance. Like I said, I feel like these are the right moves but you guys usually have a pretty good eye for things.

Brady
Jackson is tempting especially with the return yardage, but Bowe in a PPR for sure
Brown and Addai for me as well
Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #343
TLK
Pro Starter

Quick help here:

K. Walter vs. SF
A. Boldin @ NYG
H. Nicks vs. ARZ
J. Knox @ CIN

Pick 1. I have Walter penciled in at the moment.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #344
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Ronnie Dobbs, greatly appreciated.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #345
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Guess I feel pretty good about picking up Austin last week on the WW and starting him this week.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #346
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Yeah same here, with me picking up Sidney Rice.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #347
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Guess I feel pretty good about picking up Austin last week on the WW and starting him this week.

I've had him the last two games he's been in, and it's been awesome.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #348
MikeVic
Head Coach

What do you think of this trade:

I send Chris Johnson for Ryan Grant and Santonio Holmes?

I know I know, it's Chris Johnson... but I have Reggie Wayne as my #1 and he could be gone for a bit? My #2 WR is a stable of iffy guys, and I think Holmes is an upgrade over the likes of Breaston, Harvin, Santana Moss, etc. And Ryan Grant would kind of go with Mendenhall or Pierre Thomas.

Am I just crazy to consider this?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #349
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
What do you think of this trade:

I send Chris Johnson for Ryan Grant and Santonio Holmes?

I know I know, it's Chris Johnson... but I have Reggie Wayne as my #1 and he could be gone for a bit? My #2 WR is a stable of iffy guys, and I think Holmes is an upgrade over the likes of Breaston, Harvin, Santana Moss, etc. And Ryan Grant would kind of go with Mendenhall or Pierre Thomas.

Am I just crazy to consider this?

I like Chris Johnson, he singlehandedly racked up 100 yards plus on the Patriots without the benefit of a competant QB or decent receivers.

I would need to see your receiver corp and runningback corp, but Johnson is a top 10 back, I can't say the same for Grant, nor can I say the same for Holmes as a receiver upgrade.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #350
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Yeah I would want a better WR in that trade.