Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2004, 10:58 PM   #301
Radii
Head Coach

Time to earn my way through step 1 again.

2 tables, 20 people, top 4 advance.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

64o, button, folds

K4o, cutoff, folds - a raise to 80 chips from UTG+1 is called by 3 including both blinds. BB bets 80 on the flop, raiser folds, late position raises 225, BB calls. LP bets 250 on the turn and wins it. Flop had two spades, BB almost certainly on the flush draw.

A6s, cutoff-1, folds (only 1 before me limped, not nearly the implied odds)
72o, MP, folds
JTo, MP, folds

33, UTG+2, I'll try to limp here. Including the BB, 4 others come along. No 3 flops though.
J2s, UTG, folds

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

19 remain. 1 is gone from my table, but I missed it reading HR's post on fixing FBCB.

I have 985 chips and will be entering the BB next hand.

K9o, BB - this table is verrrrrrrry slow. 8 hands, 15 minutes. - free 3 way flop. King high rainbow flop, I bet the pot, its mine.

62s, SB - folds
K8s, button, folds
64o, cutoff, folds

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

This is really shitty. 22 minutes in and we haven't gone around the table twice.

52o, MP, folds
33, UTG+2, folds
K2o, UTG+1, folds

AJo, UTG, I limp, bad move. Raise or fold, moron, with hands like this. And, I let it go to a 150 raise after me.

77, BB, 4 way pot flops 3 overs, I get out of there at the first bet.
Q5o, SB, folds
K4s, button, folds
32o, cutoff, folds

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

65o, cutoff-1, folds

18 still remain. My 940 chips is a little low but not bad off. The blinds will start to catch up to everyone at this rate though before the break.

53o, MP, folds - sb checks. bb thinks entire time bank. raises min. wins hand.

4 minutes gone in level. 2 hands played.

A8o, UTG+2, folds
J9o, UTG+1, folds
JTo, UTG, folds
93o, BB, folds to raise
96o, SB, folds
96o, button, folds

we're flying through the hands now.

Q5o, button, folds (finally lost another one at my table, and one at the other simultaneously).

84o, cutoff, folds
32o, MP, folds

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds

I have 865 chips after going an enitre level without a playable hand.

16 remain in the tourney. This one will just come down to patience and luck.

JTo, UTG+1, folds
K2o, UTG, folds
J3o, BB, fold to 340 all in + call. all in AQ beats call T9.

J5o, SB, folds
K2o, button, folds
Q6o, cutoff, folds

it's finally caught up with us. This is where the patience comes in. All in's every hand, we're down to 14, no, 13 now after a 3-way all in at my table.

T8o, folds
J3o, folds
62o, UTG, folds
T7s, BB - no way i get to play this. nope, folded to an all in.

A6o, SB - I limp into 4 way action. An ace flops and I'm all in. I win the pot right there and push up to 915 chips.

47o, button, folds
J5o, cutoff, folds - down to 12.

ATo - I join the push fest here, all in. After 1 limper I'd raise to 400. That's 40% of my stack. That's all in. I win the blinds + limper money.

crap, UTG+1, folds

Q2o, UTG, folds

Level 6 - 75/150 blinds

A2o, BB, button open-raises. I debate my move til the SB goes all in for 820. Easy fold. Button folds. Dirty stealer.

86o, SB, fold

12 remain. I am left with 940 in chips. Well below average.

Q9o, button, folds

crap, cutoff, folds

K2o, UTG+1, folds
T4s, UTG, folds

K9o, BB - I'm raised by UTG+1, do I fight for this one? I'll try the patient route, and fold. Opponent shows AJs.

Key Hand
AJo, SB - button min-raises. I go all in. Button calls. Button shows KQ. board is ten high. I win.

I'm up to 1730 in chips after that.

crap, button, folded to raise.

KTo, cutoff, folded to 500 raise before me.

We're down to 11.

J7o, UTG+1, folds

Final Table

We're down to 10. 2 minutes left til the break.

A2s, BB - there's 2 limps to me. I check. Flop comes K32, one spade. I check, min bet behind me + a clal. Call that? Hmmm. I play it tight and fold. Good thing, flush hit and the caller was drawing. Bettor had top pair.

Q8o, SB< folds

Hour Break - Level 7 - 100/200 blinds

9 left(one busted on last hand before the break). Top 4 make it. JJo81 leads w/ 4965 chips, 2nd is Stutzo with 3477, 3rd is badblueboy with 3235, 4th is cowboys1es with 3002. 5th is a tie between me and hulang10 with 1505 chips. After that we have 905, 823, and 583.

With 100/200 blinds I am alive but need luck. One doubleup puts me in line for the top 4 and then I have a fighting chance. Right now I need to take out one of the smaller stacks or double up off of one of the bigger ones to feel ok about anything.

72o, button, folds
T6o, cutoff, folds

JJ, cutoff-1 - one limips, I go all in(I hate jacks, I don't want the post flop decision), and I win the blinds+limper. I am up to 2005 chips after that. A solid 5th w/ 10x the big blind.

crap, MP, folds - down to 8, a bigger stack took out one of the small stacks.

Q5o, folds
Q8o, UTG, folds

J6o, BB - free flop, I fold when it misses.
K2o, SB, folds

Key Hand
QQ, button - a bigger stack raises to 450, and a smaller stack goes all in for 1000. I have to push of course. All in for 1705. the first raiser folds and it's me vs a smaller stack. He has AQ, I have him terribly dominated and he doesn't hit one of his 3 outs.

I now have 3460 in chips and am among the leaders.

I also just busted a guy, so we are now down to 7.

J7o, cutoff-1, folds

some crap hands folded while reading something.

A2o, UTG, folds

QJo, BB - button raises and i think he's stealing, but, he raised to 1K and I'm not wiling to risk it.

A7s, SB - thre's a limp and a raise to 700. Again I fold.

Level 8 - 150/300 blinds

63o, button, folds
Q5o, cutoff, folds

7 left. chipleader has 5100. everyone else in the 3000s.... until chipleader raises 700 and #2 stack pushes. two now tied at 4400.

AJo - I steal the blinds w/ a 800 chip raise. Up to 3610.

JTs - I love this hand but if anyone's gonig to play they're going to raise me big. Not opening with it.

53s, UTG, folds

88, BB - free flop, turn, and river. Board ends up AKQJT. I chop w/ the SB basically.

65o, SB, folds

chipleader busts a small stack. Down to 6.

We now have 3 over 4000. I'm at 3460. cowboy1es at 2300. imladris3a at 800.

KJs, UTG+1 - UTG(big stack at table) opens to 900. I was going to open-raise but I fold isntead. 2nd biggest stack re-raises to 1800 and big stack folds. Now not big stack. WTF. 900 chip UTG steal raise?

crap, UTG, folds

44, BB - i let agressor steal again. He shows TT. whew.
K3o, SB, folds - agressor has 77, short stack all in w/ 34s. 77 holdsup. Down to 5.

J8o, button, folds

Next one out drops us to 4. short stack at 1800. i'm at 3000. stutzo 3850. Other two at 6000 and fighting each other a lot.

A5o, folds
QTo, UTG, folds - cowboy1es goes all in from SB, badblueboy(agressor) folds his BB

75o, BB - cowboy all in again. both of us blinds fold to him.

QTo, SB, folds
Q2o, button, folds
98o, MP, folds

66, UTG, I open to 800, steal blinds. Whew.

Level 9 - 200/400 blinds

I have 2610 after posting BB

A5o, BB - 3 wayfree flop. It misses and I get out of the way. They don't fight though.
J2o, SB, folds
Q5s, button, folds

I only have 100 more than small stack now.

cowboy1es wins in his BB, he's ahead of me now.

87o, UTG, folds
KTo, BB - I fold to a 1000 raise here. That one may be a bit too conservative.

Q2o, SB, folds

down to 1810. cowboy has 2502.

T8o, button, folds
52o, MP, folds - folded to cowboys. Ugh. I'm in trouble now.

Key Hand
KK, UTG - I'm all in for 1810. I'm called by the big stack, badblueboy. He has A9s. He flops an ace and a four flush. I am fucked.

I'm out 5th.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:50 PM   #302
Radii
Head Coach

I haven't posted anything like this in quite awhile, lets see how it goes.

I buy-in for my last $64 into a party 2/4 bad beat table(lots more sitting in neteller, party is low right now b/c of movign money around for the move).

Ugh. On the hand I join someone wins the bad beat.

These tables are notoriously loose and full of poor play. My first hand at the table is 6-way for a raise pre-flop.

Posting this in Tredwel's old style, where he only posted the hands he entered a pot in.

Hand #10: AA in the small blind. Two limp, I raise. BB re-raises(bless you), both limpers call, and I cap. Flop comes 732 rainbow. I bet out. All call. Turn a 9, bringing a spade flush draw. I bet, two call. The river brings the spade flush. I bet, donlampone raises, I re-raise only to get his last 50 cents into the pot since everyone else had folded. After capping pre-flop with me, he takes the $65 pot with K4, spades, for the backdoor flush.

Hand #13: AKo one off the cutoff. I raise and get two callers, both blinds. Flop is KJ7, rainbow. I bet, both call. Turn is an ace, full rainbow. I bet, one caller. River is a 5, I bet, am called and I win a $32.50 pot with my two pairs. gavel06 had J2, flopped 2nd pair with a jack kicker.

Hand #16: J8o in the big blind. Free 5 handed flop. J98, two hearts. SB bets, I raise, 3 call. turn is another Jack. I lose to J9 only. SB bets, I raise. One calls between us. SB re-raises, I cap. River is a 7. I lead the betting this time. MikeyRiz check-raises me and I slow down, fearing the J9 now. But nope, he has J7 and rivered a worse boat. I win an $89 pot and have almost doubled my partypoker bankroll :P I have $113.

Hand #24: QT clubs in the big blind. Free 5-way flop, which comes KQ9. I bet out, am raised, and call behind 1 cold caller. The turn, a blank, brings checks all around. That lets me hit my inside straight on the river when a jack hits. I bet, and one calls(just calls unfortunately) with JJ, he hit a set on the river. The $28.50 pot brings me up to $130 after 25 hands.

Quite a nice rush.

Hand #27: 99 in the cutoff. I raise 1 limper before me. galbee2 re-raises. I mention his name only b/c I have notes on him. He's very tight. 17% of hands played. 6% PFR. I could possibly consider folding right now. But I call to see the flop. Flop comes 7 high and I decide to raise galbee when he bets. He only calls and doesn't 3-bet. This leads me to put him on AK or AQ. Turn is another low card but it does put 4 to a straight down. I bet and am called. The river is a king, and we check it down. galbee has QQ. He backed down *very* quickly there and drags a $42 pot.

Hand #40: 33 UTG+1. I limp, hoping to drag a lot of limpers behind me. We're 4-way to the flop, which misses, so I check. I check a face on the turn. I check a 9 on the river. My pair of 3s holds up vs 3 opponents to 5 overcards. woohoo $8.

Hand #46: I raise with AKs, and steal the blinds.

a 2nd player who is tight that I have notes on joins the table, and the next two hands are 3 or less to the flop. That, plus the fact that I'm pretty tired, is my sign to leave.

46 hands, up ~$55 (I lave with $119.50).
Old 12-10-2004, 11:52 PM   #303
Radii
Head Coach

That's pretty hard to read. If I was going to post this kind of play a lot, I'd work on the formatting a fair bit. But I rarely play 1 limit table at a time, so I won't be posting a lot like that... just felt like keeping a table going while I played some FBCB tonight.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:42 PM   #304
Radii
Head Coach

Another step 1:

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

T7o, MP, folds
A5o, UTG+2, folds
A5o, UTG+1, folds
63o, UTG, folds
82o, BB, free 4 way flop which misses. fold on flop
QJo, SB, 3 limps followed by a button raise, I fold. two call, one limp-reraises to 200. only 1 calls the 200 raise. not suprisingly, the limp-reraiser had aces. suprisingly, the caller had 44 and pushed all in on the flop. down to 9 at my table, 18 overall.

mark83vt cusses lastin for the limp-reraise for thenext 2 hands. Basically saying only a terrible poker player would do something like that.

crap, button and cutoff, folded

Q8o, cutoff-1, folds

couple crap hands, folded

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

A8s, UTG+1, folds
QJo, UTG, folds
85s, BB, folds to 90 PF raise AA beats a short stacked 55 all in and we're down to 17.
K4o, SB, folds
KJo, MP, folds

the guy to my left, mark83vt is very agressive(the talker from before). raises a lot of pots. I'm not gonna try to limp with much while he's around.

63o
T8o, UTG, folds
J5s, BB, folds to PF raise

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

32o, SB, folds

16 left. I have 910 chips left still after basically going through the first 20 minutes in a comatose state.

Key Hand
KK, button - folded to me, I raise to 75 chips. The BB calls. Flop comes 943, two hearts. I bet 100 chips on the flop and am called. Trun is an 8, no flush yet. I bet the pot, 400 chips, and am called. The river pairs the 4, and does not bring the flush. BB checks, I decide I'll probably not be called if I'm ahead(flush draw will fold) so I check too. Opponent had J6 hearts for the flush draw.

I now have 1500 chips.

crap, cutoff, folds

KQs, MP, I call a minraise from a big stack UTG. BB calls as well. Flop comes AKQ, two hearts. We check it around(afraid of AK from the UTG raiser. The turn is a ten. checked to me a 2nd time, I bet 200 chips and take it.

up to 1635.

crap, MP, folds
A4o, UTG+1, folds
KJo, UTG, folds

Down to 14 with a couple short short stacks lyin around.

J4o, BB, free flop, bad flop, folds
J6o, SB, folds
76s, button, folds to 160 all in before me. all in has QQ. Doubles up over 99.
T8o, cutoff, folds
76o, MP, folds
32o, UTG+1, folds

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

99, UTG - I open to 150. i'm called by mark83vt. Flop comes AQ6, two hearts. Crappy flop for me. I make a pot sized bluff and win it.

QJs, BB, folded to me.
K2o, SB, folds

I have 1815 after those 3 hands. I am in very good shape here.

13 remain, we're dropping people at a fairly solid rate. Two at my table are under 700 chips(one is at 275). 3 under 1K at the other talbe though no one as low as 300.

down to 12 as the 700 stack beats the 275 stack w/ KK vs TT

couple of crap hands folded while I beat my cat for eating the ribbon on the christmas presents under the tree.

K5o, UTG+1, folds
Q6o, UTG, folds
QTo, BB, free flop w/ just the SB. checked to the turn, I bet a scary board and win the small pot.
T3o, SB, folds
crap, button, folds
A3o, cutoff, folds

Final Table

down to 10 now.

93o, cutoff, folds

My 1840 is good for 6th. Once the blinds hit 50/100, two guys at 1000 will be in a big of trouble.

63o, MP, folds - 5800 pot... split by two guys w/ 68o, bottom pair on the flop.

Key Hand
AA - markvt raises, I re-raise, he goes all in. I call. AA > JJ this time.

down to 9. I have 2800 chips.

few crap hands, including my blinds, folded while markvt tells us he's the bset poker player at the table and just gets beaten by crap(like my AA vs JJ).

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds

J6o, cutoff, folds

actually 5 minutes left in the level, everything slowed down during this conversation.

I have 2815 chips. Currently good for 3rd at the table, but I know I can't sit on it yet.

72o, MP, folds - short stack mitmais is all in. he has TT, loses to JJ.

down to 8. I am currently 4th in chips.

69s, UTG+1, folds
J8o, UTG, folds
74o, BB, folds to raise.

Key HAnd
AA, SB - 350 raise before me. re-raised to 600 again before me. That pot is big enough to pick up now. I go all in. I'm called by both. KK and A8. KQJ flops. 8 turns. 5 rivers.

I bust 7th. 8000 chips in that pot. The winner of it could have check/folded into the final four. I was 75% favorite. Doh!