Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #301
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Heat trade Daequan Cook and the #18 pick to the Thunder for the #34 pick.

You read that right. The heat gave up a player and a pick to move down in the draft. That's a sign that salary cap rules need an overhaul if there ever was one.

Clearly enough room for 3 FA's - they're going Wade + Bosh + another star (Lebron if it all lines up). Salary cap has limits .
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 AM   #302
whomario
Pro Starter

Memphis, Minnesota and Oklahoma all with 3 first round picks now. New Jersey and Washington have 2.
No first round picks : New York, Miami, Phoenix, Dallas, Lakers, Denver, Cleveland.

Iīm just gonna go over the teams i have an interest in :

Quote:
Heat trade Daequan Cook and the #18 pick to the Thunder for the #34 pick.

You read that right. The heat gave up a player and a pick to move down in the draft. That's a sign that salary cap rules need an overhaul if there ever was one.

Interesting move by the Thunder, excellent one as well. I think itīs pretty clear they will try to package 1 or more of those picks (with maybe a player) to somehow get an impact player at the 4/5 spot, especially since they were originally said to plan drafting a Big Man and a Shooter with their 2 picks, now they got the shooter allready and have 3 picks in the first (18, 21, 26)
If they keep them it highly increases the chances of them drafting my countryman Tibor Pleiss (who they were rumoured to have promised a spot in the first) or maybe french big man Kevin Seraphin, if they keep all 3 they will want to draft a long-term project that doesnīt take up a roster spot right now considering they have a very young team as it is, 13 players allready under contract now and have cap space, too.

Or maybe theyīll just trade away the 21st or 26th pick for future selections, cash and/or 2nd round picks.
Or they simply go with the good old "throw against the wall and see what sticks" routine again and draft Alabi, Whiteside and Pleiss in adition to Mullens on their roster , although i sincerely hope they are past that experiment by now (hello Robert Swift and Saer Sene)

Still hope the Timberwolves end up with Wes Johnson and resign Milicic, just personal bias at work here (although Kurt Rambis definitely wants Darko on his roster, has stated it again just a few days ago saying the deal could get done sooner rather than later)
Wouldnīt at all be surprised to see the Wolves trade Jefferson to a team with cap space missing out on their own targets (Nets ?)

They also might trade the rights to Pekovic for a first rounder (propably package it with 1 or 2 of their picks 16 and 23 to move up), who doesnīt fit their style of play now with rambis but has a definite skill in his low post scoring that would translate well, imo. Lacks rebounding ability, but scored 15 PPG in 21 minutes (62% FG) in the euroleague and 13 PPG in 17 MPG (73% shooting !!) in the greece league, most dominant low post scorer in Europe by far.
Minutes low due to a bit of foul trouble but mostly the fact that itīs a deep team and they blew out a ton of teams.
Kind of comparable to Al Jefferson actually in terms of his play style with a lot of the same strength and weaknesses.

Portland aparently payed 2 mio to move up to 34 in the 2nd round ...

Golden State apparently still is going to get coached by Don Nelson, so iīm not going to bother much as whatever happens in the offseason will get negated as the season starts anyway ... But i really hope they do not take Udoh over Monroe.

The Rockets still apparently are trying to work out trades, move up and/or get 2nd round picks (with their recent sucess there thatīs propably a good idea)

Havenīt heard much about the Suns moving into the first round, with their ceap/cash-strapped owner it isnīt likely ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #303
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bulls trade Hinrich +17th pick to Wizards.

From what I hear, that frees them up for two max deals.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #304
rjolley
College Starter

To the Wizards for what?

Actually, a thank you from Bulls management might be enough.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #305
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Well, the Bulls should be racking up titles soon enough.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #306
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Bulls trade Hinrich +17th pick to Wizards.

From what I hear, that frees them up for two max deals.

Are they going to field an all PG team next season?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #307
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Apparently the Wizards won't have to send much back, the deal will go through on the 8th of July when the Wizards will be far enough under the cap to absorb the hit without sending anything back
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #308
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I know it's the Wiztards, but why would you want to pay 10m for a sucky whiteboy PG and the 17th pick. Makes no sense.

I guess they're like, we're going to sit FA out....
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #309
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Hinrich doesn't suck. He's a solid player who can give you 30+ minutes a night. Has had his issues with shooting but he's a solid defender and plays hard every single night. One of my favorites in Chicago and I'm sad to see him go (although happy we have more space).

The Wizards also get the 17th pick to add some young depth and can use Hinrich's expiring deal at the end of the season to bring in someone else if they want.

Last edited by RainMaker : 06-24-2010 at 05:21 PM.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #310
rjolley
College Starter

I think Hinrich's a good player, but the contract he's signed to doesn't fit his contribution.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #311
stevew
Hall Of Famer

well, regardless, it gives them about 33m tied up on PGs.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #312
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I have a feeling they have another deal lined up, probably one that sends Gilbert packing.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #313
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am glad the Wizards have saved the Clippers from doing something dumb, like the Deng and 17th for the 8th pick rumor I read.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #314
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am glad the Wizards have saved the Clippers from doing something dumb, like the Deng and 17th for the 8th pick rumor I read.
I was really hoping that would happen.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #315
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I was really hoping that would happen.

Well of course you were.

Not only would you have moved up high enough to get a probable semi-impact player, but you would have moved a guy who has under-performed his contract from the second he signed it.

I would rather draft Aminu or George and let them start at SF than take on Deng's cap space and whatever backup we would likely get at #17.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #316
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Curious to see what Morey does tonight

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #317
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I have a feeling they have another deal lined up, probably one that sends Gilbert packing.

impossible. I can't think of a team who would have a more severe Toxic asset to trade. On top of the controversy, he is injury prone.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #318
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Portland fired their GM an hour before the draft but is still letting him run the thing.

Chad Ford had a great suggestion:

chadfordinsider

Pritchard will still be running the draft per Quick. He should select Omar Samhan at 22 before Paul Allen can stop him.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #319
Groundhog
Coordinator

Some final pre-draft thoughts from me...

John Wall. I just have a bad feeling about this guy for some reason. Not sure what it is.

Demarcus Cousins. How often do these out-of-shape college guys end up slimming down and getting in shape once they get a pay check? Seriously, dude measured in at 16.3% body fat at the pre-draft measurements. Pre-draft Shaq was 12.2% and Michael Sweetney was 14.1%.

Greg Monroe. I really like this guy. I don't think he'll be a star, but he's a versatile and skilled forward who I think would work best operating out of the high post on a team with some talent around him.

Cole Aldrich. At the very worst he should be a Nick Collison-esque backup player, which makes him a decent pickup in the mid-1st round.

Xavier Henry. Unlike most guys being picked in the first round, played the exact same role in college that he will in the pros, which makes him a pretty safe pick IMO.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #320
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Some final pre-draft thoughts from me...

John Wall. I just have a bad feeling about this guy for some reason. Not sure what it is.

Demarcus Cousins. How often do these out-of-shape college guys end up slimming down and getting in shape once they get a pay check? Seriously, dude measured in at 16.3% body fat at the pre-draft measurements. Pre-draft Shaq was 12.2% and Michael Sweetney was 14.1%.

Greg Monroe. I really like this guy. I don't think he'll be a star, but he's a versatile and skilled forward who I think would work best operating out of the high post on a team with some talent around him.

Cole Aldrich. At the very worst he should be a Nick Collison-esque backup player, which makes him a decent pickup in the mid-1st round.

Xavier Henry. Unlike most guys being picked in the first round, played the exact same role in college that he will in the pros, which makes him a pretty safe pick IMO.

Not a huge Monroe fan but the talk is if he is gone the Pistons will take Ed Davis. Please God no.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #321
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Not a huge Monroe fan but the talk is if he is gone the Pistons will take Ed Davis. Please God no.

I think Detroit would be a bad fit for Monroe and yeah, I'm also no fan of Ed Davis in the lottery.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #322
Groundhog
Coordinator

Wall then Turner. Well, that's a shock.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #323
korme
Go Reds

The odds of John Wall having a legitimate 3.5 GPA are the same as me having Jessica Alba break down my door and rape me within the next 5 minutes.

(stares longingly at the door)
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #324
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I think Detroit would be a bad fit for Monroe and yeah, I'm also no fan of Ed Davis in the lottery.

Monroe will be an awful fit here but at least he has potential. If Udoh is there we have to take him. We need someone to play in the paint. I have no idea what Joe is doing anymore.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #325
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
The odds of John Wall having a legitimate 3.5 GPA are the same as me having Jessica Alba break down my door and rape me within the next 5 minutes.

(stares longingly at the door)

I am sure his classes included basketball theory, NBA history and ceramics.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #326
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Monroe will be an awful fit here but at least he has potential. If Udoh is there we have to take him. We need someone to play in the paint. I have no idea what Joe is doing anymore.

I actually think Patterson would be a better pick if you want someone who could play from day 1. Udoh is very raw, despite being a junior. This was a good read re: Udoh and Patterson:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3505/
Old 06-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #327
Groundhog
Coordinator

Nets go with Favors. I think that was the wisest move for them, considering the guys they've had playing down with Lopez.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #328
Groundhog
Coordinator

After the predictable Wall-Evans-Favors-Johnson start, things could get interesting with Sacramento. This would be the perfect place for Greg Monroe, but I doubt he goes this high.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #329
Atocep
Coordinator

Whoever came up with the app that blocks the vuvuzela sound from world cup matches needs to do the same for Stuart Scott. He's making this unwatchable.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #330
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Whoever came up with the app that blocks the vuvuzela sound from world cup matches needs to do the same for Stuart Scott. He's making this unwatchable.

So true.

Someone needs to find out what frequency range his voice is in, so we can tune it out.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #331
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

tell me about it, i hate that asshole. cant stand him, want to punch him in the face.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #332
Atocep
Coordinator

Not a fan of Wes Johnson at all. Never was top 5 pick impressed with him in Big East play.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #333
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

wow, cousins body language and voice even sound lazy
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #334
Groundhog
Coordinator

Jeez, picks 1-8 have all gone exactly as expected. When's the last time that happened?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #335
Groundhog
Coordinator

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jazz take someone like Henry higher than expected, or grab Patterson.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #336
Groundhog
Coordinator

Wow. Didn't see that coming. Like I said pages and pages ago in this thread, I really like Hayward but I have trouble projecting him as a solid NBA player.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #337
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WOOHOO!! HAYWARD!!!

Um - I'm sure this will come off sounding horrible, but man Hayward sounds so much more articulate than anybody else up there on the podium so far tonight (well I didn't see Wall or Turner, but everyone 3-8 sounded like an absolute idiot).

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-24-2010 at 07:29 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #338
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'll be rooting for Hayward to make it at the NBA level, but if I were a Jazz fan I'd be dissapointed with the pick.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #339
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

whoa - early for Aldrich?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #341
Groundhog
Coordinator

Strangely (considering my comparison above), Aldrich has been traded to the Thunder apparently...
Old 06-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #342
Groundhog
Coordinator

Raptors should grab Patterson and let Bosh walk without a fight.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
Nope. Most mocks had him going 13-14, so 11 isn't much of a reach.

aaah. cool.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #344
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think Aldrich is a solid but unspectacular piece. Not a high ceiling but his floor is pretty high, too- he seems like a cross between former Jayhawks Greg Ostertag and Nick Collison.

Thank god Ed Davis is off the board. For Rockets, DO NOT WANT.

SI

Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #345
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Supposedly the Rockets draft room just erupted in cheers so their guy is still there (or someone who wants to trade with them has their player still there)

SI

Old 06-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #346
Groundhog
Coordinator

Welp, rather than grab a guy like Patterson who could probably step right in and start when Bosh leaves, they grab Ed Davis who, in 2 or 3 years time, might be as good as Patterson is right now. Nice.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #347
Groundhog
Coordinator

No wonder Houston was so happy, doubt they expected to be able to grab Patterson there.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #348
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Patterson is what is expected, but we'll see...

SI

Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #349
Groundhog
Coordinator

Bucks should go big here, though not sure who. Sanders?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #350
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Good size, efficient, good hoops IQ, great discipline, and plays stingy d. Sounds like he fits us great

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-24-2010 at 07:58 PM.