Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #301
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
thanks for that info Cringer. God if they graded out as the #1 crew after those calls, the rest of the crews must really suck.

I'm guessing there also isn't any extra weight given to game-changing calls or anything like that, so the Hochuli play probably gets scored the same as your average hold.

I could be wrong of course, no clue on how the ref grading process works and I doubt it's public.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:52 AM   #302
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
yeah I agree with you EF, I don't know if it was the Hochuli missed call in the SD/Den game that brought the crews into more attention or not, but there seemed to be a lot more bad/missed calls this season than in season's past.

Officiating in all sports this year has been horrendous.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #303
Logan
Head Coach

I watched that play live in amazement. What a throwdown.

I really love when QBs throw picks and then become football players again. It's something I love to see happen, within reason of course (no blindside cheap shots, hits at the knees, etc). I give Jackson credit for actually putting himself in that position. Compare that to Favre's pathetic attempt last week at bringing down that DL who picked off that screen pass, in one of the dumbest in a long line of dumb INTs he has thrown in his career.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #304
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm guessing there also isn't any extra weight given to game-changing calls or anything like that, so the Hochuli play probably gets scored the same as your average hold.

I could be wrong of course, no clue on how the ref grading process works and I doubt it's public.

Some info from Peter King's column today:

Quote:
I looked Sunday into how the postseason officiating assignments are made. But first a word about the grading of officials. Each official works 15 games during the season, covering approximately 2,250 plays per zebra. They're graded on accuracy of calls made, graded down on calls missed, judged as crews on the flow and pace of a game, and graded on proper positioning and general professionalism. At the end of the season, every official gets an individual grade. The crews are ranked collectively by aggregate grades, while the individual officials -- 17 per position -- are ranked 1 through 17.

Quote:
If you see Hochuli in any of the last three games of the year, you'll know he was one of the three highest-rated referees of the 2008 season. Hard for me to believe he could be, based on the enormity of the mistake in Week 2, but we'll know later this month.

What's weird is that the second quote doesn't really make sense given the first (kinda like what I was saying above).
Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #305
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Did I hear that right? Miami only has two receivers?

Um, that's if you're counting Ginn. Which you shouldn't, cause dude is fucking awful. He runs routes like he's riding in a Lark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #306
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Somewhat off topic, but lots of talk locally that Scott Pioli has been offered a contract with the Chiefs that would make him one of the best paid execs in the NFL. The Eagle Tribune (Mass. paper) is reporting that Pioli has the offer and all it needs is a signature.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #307
Danny
Head Coach

Tomlinson has had a torn groin, can't believe he couldn't man up and stay on the field
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote