Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2005, 08:55 PM   #301
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
the new INXS will be on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight. They were also on Ellen today, but I missed that.

I caught the performance on Ellen. It sounds like "Pretty Vegas" has been INXSized. The song was much better with the House Band from the show. The only energy on stage came from JD. They'll need to rename the band JD and the Zombies . . .
Old 09-28-2005, 07:50 AM   #302
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Launch Radio Networks reports: Some people are wondering whether QUEEN will be the next band featured on the "Rock Star" TV series, but Brian May says forget about it. On the official BrianMay.com website, the guitarist wrote, "Ha! Apparently they are voting on us being in the next show?!!! Ha! Ha! Can you imagine? I don't think so! For any number of reasons...so don't bother voting for us, folks!! I mean, REALLY!!! (as Fred would have said!)."

QUEEN has toured this year with BAD COMPANY frontman Paul Rodgers on lead vocals. They recently put out a live album called "Return of the Champions", and a DVD is on the way. Two U.S. shows will be played next month, and the group will do a proper North American tour next year.

"Rock Star" producer Mark Burnett, the man behind "Survivor" and "The Apprentice", told The Edmonton Sun that QUEEN and VAN HALEN are among the bands who need a frontman, but he stopped short of announcing either one as doing the show. Burnett also said the show could wind up putting together an all-new group.

INXS used the show to pick J.D. Fortune to be their frontman. Their first single is "Dirty Vegas", which Fortune sang on "Rock Star" a few times, and it will be available on iTunes next Tuesday (October 4). A new album called "Switch" will be released November 29, and a tour will star in January.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:53 AM   #303
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

I'm rooting for "new group." Get some name band members that are currently between bands, and then find them a lead singer.

Homer: Who-hoo! Four day weekend!!
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:53 AM   #304
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
INXS used the show to pick J.D. Fortune to be their frontman. Their first single is "Dirty Vegas", which Fortune sang on "Rock Star" a few times, and it will be available on iTunes next Tuesday (October 4). A new album called "Switch" will be released November 29, and a tour will star in January.

"Dirty Vegas"???

That's a new one

FM
Old 09-28-2005, 07:54 AM   #305
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Rock Star: House Band!!!

FM
Old 11-06-2005, 08:42 PM   #306
Joe
Pro Starter

looks like the dvd is coming out next month, not the whole series, just some highlights:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...s=dvd&v=glance
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #307
Joe
Pro Starter

So the new INXS CD came out on Tuesday, anyone pick it up? I guess the liner notes said this stuff:

Pretty Vegas: Music by Andrew Farriss/Lyrics by J.D. Fortune, Marty Casey, and Jordis Unga

Under the other credits:
Featured Vocals: Suzie McNeil
Background Vocals: Suzie McNeil
Old 12-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #308
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I will probably get it from allofmp3 when they have it. They do have it listed as upcoming...

FM
Old 12-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #309
Ksyrup

It also says "we can't write songs anymore, so we had to have Desmond Child (Bon Jovi, Ricky Martin, Michael Bolton), Guy Chambers (Robbie Williams), and The Matrix (Avril Lavigne) help us out."

The House Band's keyboardist played on the album, too.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-02-2005, 11:26 AM   #310
Joe
Pro Starter

there's a guy that calls himself The Matrix? Seriously? Or is that a group of people?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:28 AM   #311
Ksyrup

Superhot Trio The Matrix Delivers Breakthrough Hits With Avril Lavigne, Hilary Duff & Other Artists

THE MATRIX (pictured l-r): Scott Spock, Lauren Christy & Graham Edwards
Old 12-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #312
Joe
Pro Starter

Which one is Neo?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #313
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Sometimes I wonder if Ksyrup really knows all this knowledge he drops on us, or if he is just reallyreally quick at looking up shit about music.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #314
Ksyrup

I'll admit to not having a pic of The Matrix ready to go, but I know who they are. Know Your Enemy, as that slacker from RATM (where's the solo album Zack? Waiting for Axel to release Chinese Democracy?) says.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #315
21C
College Prospect

Marty Casey is releasing a CD on January 24. He has teamed up with a Chicago band called Lovehammers. He and the band are opening for INXS on their North American tour.

hxxp://www.martycasey.org/
hxxp://www.lovehammers.com/
hxxp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSUMA8/qid=1137768889/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/102-5116774-7960907?n=5174
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #316
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C
Marty Casey is releasing a CD on January 24. He has teamed up with a Chicago band called Lovehammers. He and the band are opening for INXS on their North American tour.

hxxp://www.martycasey.org/
hxxp://www.lovehammers.com/
hxxp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSUMA8/qid=1137768889/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/102-5116774-7960907?n=5174

Marty was in the band Lovehammers before the whole INXS thing. The distro company I work for has been selling their first album for the last year and a half. The difference is now they are known as Marty Casey and Lovehammers or something like that.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #317
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
Marty was in the band Lovehammers before the whole INXS thing. The distro company I work for has been selling their first album for the last year and a half. The difference is now they are known as Marty Casey and Lovehammers or something like that.
didn't know he was in the band before but I was gonna comment that the song list for this "new" album and their first album is very similar. Not in the same order and with his "Trees" song from the Rockstar show, but very similar...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-20-2006 at 11:39 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote