Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #301
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Oh yea... Guard Captains are +15... Thanks Yoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Always +10 than you, huh? That actually kind of sucks. I would like to become such a good assassin that I could pretty much take out several guards as I loot the castle of all of its riches.

Difference is that guards will NEVER get better armor. They'll wear chainmail all game. And when you are level 50 and they are 60 or 65, and you have Daedric and they have chainmail and steel, you may have a decent change at taking them out.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 03-29-2006 at 03:30 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:02 PM   #302
jbmagic
Pro Starter

How was the leveling done on Morrowind?

How was it different than Oblivion?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #303
Brillig
College Prospect

Morrowind was done in the classical RPG style. The whole world was basically pre-set levels, and if you went to the wrong place, you'd get one-hit whacked.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:26 PM   #304
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

On the thought of gaurds being 10 levels ahead of you. That isn't really a problem if you are dead set on killing them. I'm at level 6 and I can kill 1 gaurd without getting hit. The most I've killed at one time is 3, any more than that and I'm usually a goner. Of course all of the guard fighting was done for fun. I saved before I did it and then reloaded after the battle was done.

What I've learned? It is much easier to kill gaurds with magic(or arrows I assume) from a distance. Backpedal, you should be faster than them if you are that type of character. The main problem are the archers who will wipe the floor with you pretty quick.

On the funny side of the game, I saw two people talking late at night in my game. I felt like a big fight so I shot a fireball at one of them. The person I hit with the fireball didn't realize it was me that hit him with it and attacked the person he was talking to. The person he was talking to transformed into one of those guys that kill the king at the start of the game and he pretty well gave everyone a hard time. He killed the person that attacked him and then took out 5 gaurds before finally getting slain himself. And the best part! The gaurds never came after me, I got 5 gaurds worth of armour and equipment to sell and raided the two NPCs that were killed.

However I felt bad about what I had done, after all, I just wanted to see a big fight and see how many gaurds I could kill on my new level so I reloaded my save from right before the fight. But it really was fun while it lasted.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #305
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillig
Morrowind was done in the classical RPG style. The whole world was basically pre-set levels, and if you went to the wrong place, you'd get one-hit whacked.

I don't believe that's true. IIRC, from reading the Oblivion forums, Morrowind had a similar leveling system... it just topped out at a much lower level... hence making the game that much easier.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:28 AM   #306
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm glad I chose to be a mage. So many usefull spells I have now from every school of magic. I just wish I could short key more than 8 spells at a time on the 360 version. I have way more usefull spells than that.

I like to shoot someone I'm fighting with spells that will weaken them against Magicka and then again with something to weaken them with whatever I'm about to cast on them. I also like to have the single projectile fire and area wide fire on hand. As well as the projectile ice and hand touch ice. I also use the hand touch and projectile shock spells as well.

Add to that candlelight, gaurd, dispel, charming spells, an invisablity spell, a spell that allows me to conjure a creature to fight with me, healing spells, spells that allow me to unlock locks and some more that I can't think of without opening the game up at the moment and 8 shortkey slots isn't nearly enough. That is probably my only complaint about the game at the moment. Other than that it is a great game.

I'm currently working my way through the mage's and fighters guilds and cleaning out dungeons like crazy. I also do the occasional odd job for random people, but I have my eye on the brotherhood who approached me and I want to become imperial champion.

Alas, the latter two will have to wait untill I finish with the mage's and fighter's guilds. And I still haven't died doing anything other than messing with the guards for fun.

Last edited by dubb93 : 03-30-2006 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:00 AM   #307
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I chose a Mage/Thief combo. Nail them with a 3x sneak shot with my bow, conjure a skellie, peg with arrows, when they close in finish off with a touch spell. Great fun.

Last edited by jeff061 : 03-30-2006 at 05:00 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:04 AM   #308
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile, I nail them with a few firebolts, fireballs or ice spells, draw them too me, and finish them off with my lethal sword. The variety of viable characters is a major draw for me.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:09 AM   #309
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I chose a Mage/Thief combo. Nail them with a 3x sneak shot with my bow, conjure a skellie, peg with arrows, when they close in finish off with a touch spell. Great fun.

Interesting character design. I have a friend who is playing with major skills of Illiusion, Mysticism, Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, Sneak, and Marksman. I haven't actually seen him play the game, but I assume he would be in trouble if he was surrounded, or charged and couldn't run away.

EDIT: Made this post while I was tired. Typos, etc...

Last edited by dubb93 : 03-30-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:50 AM   #310
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I had to get up very early this morning to drop my wife off at the airport. As a result, I was able to play for several hours this morning. I entered (and closed) my first oblivion gate (as part of the main quest.) Wow - great atmosphere, scary moments in there that actually made me jump in my seat. I also died my first time in the game (and barely survived a few other fights.) I can't wait to play more tonight.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #311
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Started over for the umpteenth time, I've got a similar thief/mage build going.

Majors: Alteration, Conjuration, Illusion, Light Armor, Marksman, Sneak, Security

Fun times.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #312
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I had to get up very early this morning to drop my wife off at the airport. As a result, I was able to play for several hours this morning. I entered (and closed) my first oblivion gate (as part of the main quest.) Wow - great atmosphere, scary moments in there that actually made me jump in my seat. I also died my first time in the game (and barely survived a few other fights.) I can't wait to play more tonight.

I'll tell you what gets my heart racing. I'm cantering along on my horse, heading for points unknown, when suddenly clouds well up and the sky turns blood-red.

That's some frightening shit.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #313
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Good times indeed...though I really could do with delaying the main quest, I'm all for charging in parts unknown, but after checking out the oblivion gate in Kvatch, I wasn't all too prepared for that series of sights.

Reminded me of Doom, bodies strewn about, hanging from ropes (some on fire), or the charred body that had tried to crawl out from the lava...and scamps are a pain but I'd hate to be doing these things on a higher level.

Just an addendum: I faced a draemora in this plane, on a winding stairwell, and while I was holding my own, I knew I was in some trouble, I managed to hug the wall, while he attacked me from the outside...I managed to push forward, and he stepped backwards into my attack, and fell off the side...it was cool to see him fall and his life meter dwindle...Good Times
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 03-30-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #314
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:

Yeah, there's that one spot in the valley in front of the tower where I always jump out of my seat. I know it's coming, but every single time...

Thanks to the comments in the thread I poked my head into Vilverin (the Ayleid ruin right outside the end of the tutorial) for the first time yesterday. That place is huge! I did it with a low level char though, so I didn't find anything too interesting. It was a fun crawl though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Just an addendum: I faced a draemora in this plane, on a winding stairwell, and while I was holding my own, I knew I was in some trouble, I managed to hug the wall, while he attacked me from the outside...I managed to push forward, and he stepped backwards into my attack, and fell off the side...it was cool to see him fall and his life meter dwindle...Good Times

Heh, I had the exact same experience. Except my thought was "Sh*t, there goes the loot." And then I crept up to the edge to see if I could snipe him and fell down after... Me klutz.

Last edited by Brillig : 03-30-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #315
kentontrace
n00b

I just wish I had a day to devote to playing!!! Stupid school papers - lucky for me I'm done in a month!!! Then My nights will be devoted to figuring this game out.

Its a great game - but I dont know if i'm playing it right - because I have to basically fight one thing - then try to heal myself then fight another...it gets old healing myself after each foe i meet.
kentontrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:31 PM   #316
jbmagic
Pro Starter

You can rest to heal too.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:33 PM   #317
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

If you level up to much with non combat skills this will happen, happened to me. Spent some time with combat, cleared out some dungeons, and things got easier.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #318
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentontrace
I just wish I had a day to devote to playing!!! Stupid school papers - lucky for me I'm done in a month!!! Then My nights will be devoted to figuring this game out.

Its a great game - but I dont know if i'm playing it right - because I have to basically fight one thing - then try to heal myself then fight another...it gets old healing myself after each foe i meet.

Absorb Health is your friend.

It's also a great way to kill ghosts.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #319
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Now that I have explored my newly bought powers a little more I have a new strategy that seems to work great. Before entering a room I cast my invisability spell. I walk into the room and take a position that will allow me movement in all directions.

I then conjure my scamp who draws the attention of whoever I'm fighting. That lets me move to a corner and cast spells at my foe while he attempts to fight my scamp that is right in his face. Works pretty well, I just wish I had the lighten load spell. I'm hoping to buy it ASAP.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #320
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
If you level up to much with non combat skills this will happen, happened to me. Spent some time with combat, cleared out some dungeons, and things got easier.

Also, just to add onto this, if you have more than one weapon type in your major skills, don't let one go ignored. I have Marksman and Blade, and I've been mostly using Marksman. As a result, I'm pretty terrible with a blade now (Level 7 assassin with 50+ Marksman but 31 Blade). I barely hurt anything with my sword now.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #321
sabotai
General Manager

dola

Yes, Vilverin is pretty big. I've been in about a dozen caves/ruins and so far that is easily the biggest. Most of the other ones were just one level, but still pretty imprssive. It seems no matter where I go, there's caves and ruins everywhere and each one appears to be unique. Considering there has to be at least 100 of these "random dungeons" and the devs spent time designing and creating each one is pretty nice. They could have easily just create a dozen or two and just copied them a couple of times and had 100.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #322
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Here is a great Guide for Oblivion.

There no need to buy a stategy guide.

No spoilers on main web page. Just Links

hxxp://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion
Old 03-30-2006, 10:11 PM   #323
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was exhausted at work today because I only slept about 3 1/2 hours last night. I just wanted to make it up to 8:00 PM as I wanted to give my 6 O'Clock dinner some time to digest. I decided to play Oblivion to help keep me up. Next thing I know 4 hours have passed, and I want to play more. However, I realize I really need sleep. I'll wait til tomorrow to try to close the Oblivion Gate I just discovered in the wild
Old 03-30-2006, 10:48 PM   #324
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
dola

Yes, Vilverin is pretty big. I've been in about a dozen caves/ruins and so far that is easily the biggest. Most of the other ones were just one level, but still pretty imprssive. It seems no matter where I go, there's caves and ruins everywhere and each one appears to be unique. Considering there has to be at least 100 of these "random dungeons" and the devs spent time designing and creating each one is pretty nice. They could have easily just create a dozen or two and just copied them a couple of times and had 100.

Vilverin was the one I was talking about the other day that just blew me away. That was great fun, in part because it's so unexpected. Just a random door in the countryside, but behind it lies a two-hour, four- or five-level adventure.

Has anyone else found the Hidden Lake? That was another good one. There's a small lake underground, and as you wander around, you'll come on various clues as to the area's history. Very well done.

For me, most of the other places I've stumbled onto have had three or four levels, so Vilverin wasn't bigger than some of the others by much. Some of them have areas that I haven't been able to get to yet, because I can't jump that far/high yet.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:34 PM   #325
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
For me, most of the other places I've stumbled onto have had three or four levels, so Vilverin wasn't bigger than some of the others by much. Some of them have areas that I haven't been able to get to yet, because I can't jump that far/high yet.

Just as I said all of the rest of them I've been have been considerably smaller (but still well done) than Vilverin, I go into a cave that's 4 levels and pretty big with a couple of really tough encounters.

I had to flee the cave too. I was up against a zombie and 2 necromancers. I surprised them, taking out the one necromancer easily, but the zombie took some getting down because I ran out of arrows and had to just use my sword. Got the zombie down, but that last necromancer kept healing herself. Eventually I couldn't put up a fight anymore, as I was drained in all 3 areas (health, magic and fatigue) so I bolted.....but I will return.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:48 PM   #326
sabotai
General Manager

One question. Where do I buy lockpicks?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:10 AM   #327
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Just as I said all of the rest of them I've been have been considerably smaller (but still well done) than Vilverin, I go into a cave that's 4 levels and pretty big with a couple of really tough encounters.

I had to flee the cave too. I was up against a zombie and 2 necromancers. I surprised them, taking out the one necromancer easily, but the zombie took some getting down because I ran out of arrows and had to just use my sword. Got the zombie down, but that last necromancer kept healing herself. Eventually I couldn't put up a fight anymore, as I was drained in all 3 areas (health, magic and fatigue) so I bolted.....but I will return.

I think different weapon types have different effects on different enemies. I had a hell of a time killing a single zombie with sword and arrows. I switched to a mace/fireball combination and things went better. They burn nicely.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:13 AM   #328
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Dola...

There are places to buy lockpicks, but I don't remember where. I think Thieves Guild may have access to some. If I see the answer again, I'll be sure to post it here.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 03-31-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:42 AM   #329
Brillig
College Prospect

If you're in the Thieves Guild, you can buy em from any contact, I think. Definitely from the fences and the first contact.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:48 AM   #330
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So I closed my 2nd gate, that was interesting...fun with exploding mines, guard towers that shoot beams, and clannfear runts...joy joy joy.

I still love riding along the countryside and finding all these sites, with fast travel, I can go back at my own pace, but finding them is the best. Like I had to find Erthor for the Skingard Mages Guild recommendation, and was still mapping for a different quest, and went way off from my intended spot, but it was no biggie because I found so much...including this cool little priory in the middle of the woods cared for by two sisters, just strange...of course, then I knew I was off course and turned back but not before finding a doomstone, two ruins, a goblin cave, and the shrine to Sheograth.

The snowfall at the Blade's Retreat was way cool too.

I finally saved at the Imperial City after getting all recommendations, and now being a journeyman of destruction I'm doing a great deal more damage...I only wish that I could sneak attack with magic. I made it into the Mages University.

The other nice thing as while the game sucks me in, I can go at my own pace, I'm not rushing and I can save and exit out without feeling withdrawl pangs.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 03-31-2006, 08:27 AM   #331
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
One question. Where do I buy lockpicks?

Sources that I know of...all the fences in the thieves guild, and the dark brotherhood merchant sells them as well.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:20 AM   #332
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Also, you can find a single lockpick or two in some of the general stores.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:53 PM   #333
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wow, I just finished reading this thread....I was not really turned on by the "dexterous" nature of combat as I am not really into to the button mashing thing, but these stories are drawing me in more and more.....I have a feeling I will end up buying this over the weekend.

Anyone else have initial concerns about the combat model that has found it is not really that big a deal or as hard to master as they thought??
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:01 PM   #334
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
Wow, I just finished reading this thread....I was not really turned on by the "dexterous" nature of combat as I am not really into to the button mashing thing, but these stories are drawing me in more and more.....I have a feeling I will end up buying this over the weekend.

Anyone else have initial concerns about the combat model that has found it is not really that big a deal or as hard to master as they thought??

Simple solution for this, invest in sneak, blade, markman, and destruction and illusion. You will be unstoppable.

If you hit them before they see you, you are already at a great advantage. Should you want to be more of a warrior then you will have to have some dexterity. I'm now at the stage that minor annoyances fall to two shock strikes.

KEY: Draemora hate shock, Zombies hate fire.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #335
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm not a button masher. I was a bit worried about it. I've died a few times, but quickly reloaded. I've come close to death many times. I just finished an awesome quest where I had to find a missing famous painter. That had some tough fights in it. There are many interesting stories and many interesting quests. I also just exposed a corrupt Captain of the Guards in one of the cities. Was a very interesting stealth quest. I found the combat in Morrowind too easy. That issue has been fixed for me. My character is now part of 3 guilds as well and I've earned an advancement in one of them (fighter.) I'm also in the Mage and Blades guilds. I can't wait to play more this weekend.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 PM   #336
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Supposedly there is a guy outside the imperial city that sells lockpicks, but I've never seen him
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:02 PM   #337
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:

I suck at button-mashing games mainly because I hardly play them and don't enjoy them as much as other types of games. The combat in Oblivion is arcadish in some ways, but tactical in others. It's arcadish in the sense of trying to occasionally shoot moving targets (which I rarely hit) or react to a strike by blocking (I think I get these right about half the time). It's tactical in the sense that I stop the action all the time to switch/cast spells and also to think about what I might be able to do to stay alive.

Overall, the speed of the action is quite tame, so most of the time I don't feel like I need to pause the game to get my bearings. In anything, I find the combat a bit slow because there are only eight hot keys for spells and weapons. Even in the early levels, I'm always pausing the fight to open my spellbook, set an active spell, and then resume action to cast it. The game dearly needs more hot keys and/or and on-screen spell/weapon bar. It would make the combat much more fluid.

Lastly, there is a difficulty slider if you're having trouble.

The place where I think you could run into trouble with combat would be with regards to character creation. If you pick too many fast advancing skills (sneak, restoration, light/heavy armor, alchemy, etc.) as major skills, you'll level too fast and find the combat quite difficult; many of your major combat skills will lag behind the skills that are pushing your level up, if that makes any sense. In such a case, the difficulty slider is your friend to keep going.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:05 PM   #338
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback guys....You pretty much locked the purchase for me...So I take it you are using a Thief/Mage combo quikshot?

Keep those quest stories coming too.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-31-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #339
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
If you pick too many fast advancing skills (sneak, restoration, light/heavy armor, alchemy, etc.) as major skills, you'll level too fast and find the combat quite difficult.

Those are some of my exact major skills (except alchemy). I wonder if I'll get into trouble with that build?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:33 PM   #340
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I have restoration and heavy armor as two of my major skills and it hasn't been too much of a problem, yet. I don't like building characters that just game the system and make it too easy. Then again, most of my other major skills are combat oriented.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:54 PM   #341
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Those are some of my exact major skills (except alchemy). I wonder if I'll get into trouble with that build?

I haven't had it happen to me yet, but I've heard others talking about it. It might just be people exaggerating, though.

On other boards, it seems like a lot of people are stressing out about their characters, but I wouldn't worry about it, as there are so many ways to compensate for an unbalanced character.

Personally, I think the non-combat skills have a bigger impact on combat than most people realize. I've played two characters for about 20 hours each, and the first one had alchemy for a major skill. It's simple to gain levels via alchemy, and I went from level 5 to 6 almost exclusively by sitting down and mixing up the truckload of stuff I had picked up adventuring. The combat then got tougher because my other skills hadn't improved much, but I was able to compensate by using the ton of poisons and potions that I had. Where I imagine it would become a problem is if you crank on sneak or some skill that really has little to do with toe-to-toe melee combat. If you're great at sneaking around you'll likely get lots of easy kills, but if you screw up you'll likely be at a big disadvantage in an even fight.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:59 PM   #342
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

GB, I think you hit the problem on the head. A lot of people that complain that they are leveling too fast by alchemy seemingly aren't using those potions. If they were, I don't imagine they'd be complaining so much. It seems that players are making these specialized characters (alchemy or sneak) and not utilizing those skills in combat. Though I can imagine that mercantile and speechcraft wouldn't be much help at all in combat .
Old 03-31-2006, 06:07 PM   #343
BYU 14
Coordinator

arrrgghhhhh

Well I went to get the game and didn't realize that until I got to the store.....I can't load it!!!!

I have a real high end rig, but never bothered to get a DVD-ROM with it because I didn't think I would ever really need it.....Dammit!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 06:12 PM   #344
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

You can buy it from directdownload as well, but I'm not sure how good their service is..
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 PM   #345
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
You can buy it from directdownload as well, but I'm not sure how good their service is..

Cool, I have no other option as I won't be getting a DVD-ROM just for the game

Thanks Eagle
Old 03-31-2006, 06:25 PM   #346
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Honestly purchasing a DVD drive would be the wiser choice - as the games keep getting bigger and bigger gradually everything is going to be DVD only, and it's going to be silly to have a high end system with no way to play anything high end. You can snag a dvd drive with a burner on it for about 40 bucks off newegg anymore.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:30 PM   #347
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No problem, BYU. I was just repeated what Isiddiqui said on page 5. It's on Direct2drive . com's website.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:31 PM   #348
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I hate you all. After watching this thread for awhile, seriously pondering getting the game, I just purchased it from D2D.

I hate you all.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:41 PM   #349
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
Honestly purchasing a DVD drive would be the wiser choice - as the games keep getting bigger and bigger gradually everything is going to be DVD only, and it's going to be silly to have a high end system with no way to play anything high end. You can snag a dvd drive with a burner on it for about 40 bucks off newegg anymore.

Stop making sense

I am downloading new from D2D and echo Terpkristin, damn you all!! Should be about an hour.....It will be long night because after the Mrs. and I return from the Queen/Paul Rodgers concert I know I will be dying to fire this thing up....which will lead to me going to bed about 4
Old 03-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #350
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Cool, I have no other option as I won't be getting a DVD-ROM just for the game

Thanks Eagle

DVD roms are so cheap now.

Look at newegg site

www.newegg.com