Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #301
MJ4H
Coordinator

Since tomorrow will be so busy for me I'm going to try to crank this out before bed tonight. brb!
MJ4H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #302
MJ4H
Coordinator

OK players, it is that time we all dread. As of now, there are 8 players in the game. After the viewing of this video, there will be 7 players left in the game. The player that scored the lowest on the quiz is about to be eliminated.

I will enter your names into the computer one at a time. If a green screen appears after your name is entered, you are safe and will continue on in the game. If a red screen appears, you are the mole's first victim and must leave the game immediately.

Please discuss the results using spoiler tags until approximately 12-24 hours have passed to avoid ruining the video for those that haven't watched it yet.

Good luck players.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:26 PM   #303
samifan24
Pro Starter

Spoiler
Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 AM   #304
Butter
Coordinator

Spoiler
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #305
path12
Coordinator

Spoiler
Old 08-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #306
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
After every 2 to 3 missions (usually two), there is an execution. An execution is simply the elimination of one player from the game. The player to be eliminated is determined by a questionairre about the identity of the mole. Answer two many questions wrong about who the mole is and what they have been up to and you run the risk of being the player that is eliminated. The questionairre, or, as it is commonly referred to, "the quiz," is usually 10 questions, but could be any number. The player that gets the least number correct on the quiz is executed and leaves the game immediately and permanently. Needless to say, the quizzes and executions provide a good deal of the drama for the game.

So is there value in discussing what our approach was to the last quiz? I'm looking for either fans of the show or people who played the last game to help me understand the risk/reward here.

My general tendency is that more disclosure in the thread is better than everyone playing their cards close to the vest. But I'm very interested to hear the viewpoints of my fellow participants.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #307
Thomkal
Head Coach

well the risk is that you are giving all your fellow competitiors hints to the Mole's identity if people reveal/discuss a lot. I had wanted to have more discussion in the last game like Werewolf, but people were reluctant. The Mole could slip and give themselves away too if there's a lot of discussion. If you have a good feel for who the Mole is, like I did for the second half of our game, its best to not discuss a lot. If a lot of people think they know who the Mole is, you'll have to hope you finish the quiz before they do. Helped that most people thought I was the Mole too.

the reward of course is that you have no clue who the Mole is, getting people to talk may help you narrow in on some suspects.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #308
MJ4H
Coordinator

Before we move on to Mission #3 (which I might be able to put up tonight), I want to make sure everyone knows about my screw-up. Not everyone mentioned it, but it was noted that I forgot to tell you who drew which quadrant of the boat/spider mission. OK, not so bad except I then made it a question on the quiz. Since I never revealed that info, I threw that question out and it did not count for or against anyone. I will be letting you in on that information soon, though, I promise. It is that kind of info that will help you pick that mole out.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #309
hoopsguy
General Manager

So if you think you know who the mole is, then what do you do about it? I guess I do not quite get that part.

Obviously the mole can give correct answers to questions on who is the mole in the quizzes, so it seems like he has a huge leg up to start with in that area. I'm just trying to figure out how to "win" this game.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #310
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola,

Upon another re-read of the rules I get it and see that we are not really teaming up against the mole, per se. Just trying to outlast the rest of the people playing, I guess, with the assumption that the mole is going to be there at the end.

OK, then there probably is not a ton of reason for us to discuss suspicions on the mole. Unless I'm (yet again) missing something.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #311
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Dola,

Upon another re-read of the rules I get it and see that we are not really teaming up against the mole, per se. Just trying to outlast the rest of the people playing, I guess, with the assumption that the mole is going to be there at the end.

OK, then there probably is not a ton of reason for us to discuss suspicions on the mole. Unless I'm (yet again) missing something.

Yep Hoops, the Mole does not officially take the test, so he is in the game till the end regardless. But he will be treated just like a regular contestant in the elimination videos, even though he will always get a green light. Your objective if you are not the Mole is to try to win as much money for the team as you can since you want to win a lot after all. So that does involve working with the other players to some degree. At the same time you may want to try to create some doubt about yourself to the other players, which is like the opposite of Werewolf in most cases. That might mean throwing (gasp!) some of the competitions or parts of it amongst other ways. The Mole wants you to win as little money as possible while not standing out too much while trying to sabotage things. Alternatively you could just play it straight out-try to win as much money as you can and not worry about looking like the Mole while you do. That way you can just concentrate on finding the Mole.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #312
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hoops is clearly the mole.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #313
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Spoiler
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #314
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Hoops is clearly the mole.

At this point, I would be ecstatic if you believed that to be true.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #315
Butter
Coordinator

hoops is so not the Mole.

Or maybe he's the greatest mole in the history of moles.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #316
MJ4H
Coordinator

Down to 7 players. 6 real players, 1 real traitor.

Mission #3: Name That Game

In this mission, the team will be presented with 3 screenshots, each from a different video game. Your job is to decide, as a group, what game each screenshot is from. Each screenshot is worth $25,000 for the group pot.

Sounds easy, right? You should know better. The screenshots will be covered by a grid of boxes. You may remove boxes one at a time to see a small piece of the picture. In order to decide how many and which boxes will be removed, you will each roll one six-sided die. You may take your die and combine it with at least one other person's die (as many other people may combine their die as you all agree on, up to all seven dice) to add up to the number you desire. You may then select the box on the grid that has that number on it to remove from the grid, revealing a small piece of the picture. Note that you must always combine at least two dice together; no single die may be used on its own.

After everyone's die has been used, the group will elect to either guess the screenshot (only one guess is allowed per screenshot) or roll again. Each successive roll will lower the amount you win for guessing correctly. The first two "extra" rolls will cost the team $5,000 each. The next one will cost $7,500. Since there would be no money left if you decided to roll again, at that point you must guess.

The decision making process in this game is basically each die owner posting who they want to couple with and then which box they want to remove. Guessing a screenshot requires a majority of 4/7 as does electing to roll again.

I am finishing up constructing the first puzzle now and should have it posted by this evening. You may use the time between now and then to clear up anything that confuses you about this mission.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #317
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I lurked through the first one, and have lurked through this one, but I just wanted to say MJ4H you are the man. This must be quite a bit of work, but it sure is a blast to follow along with.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #318
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

This sounds like another fun challenge. I can think of a few strategies we might use, but we'll have to see how many boxes cover the screenshots first.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #319
Butter
Coordinator

Right, the number of boxes that cover each is pretty crucial.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #320
MJ4H
Coordinator

The answer to that question is 121.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #321
MJ4H
Coordinator

I've attached an image of what the gameboard will look like so you can start thinking about things. All photosharing pages are now blocked here, so yuck. When I get home I can post in-line images easier, but here you go for now. (edit-oh I see it inlines it. handy)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ssg1.jpg (34.3 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by MJ4H : 08-21-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #322
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Interesting challenge. Bring it!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #323
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

w00t!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #324
samifan24
Pro Starter

Looks like fun.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #325
Butter
Coordinator

I see, so we are combining dice to reach a number of a square to remove, not the amount of boxes to remove.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #326
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I see, so we are combining dice to reach a number of a square to remove, not the amount of boxes to remove.
\

Correct.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #327
MJ4H
Coordinator

OK team, set up is complete. Your first roll is:

hoopsguy 3
Butter 6
MIJB 6
claphamsa 4
BrianD 1
samifan24 3
Poli 4

I have made one change to the rules based on a little testing of the format for the mission. Each turn will consist of 2 rolls and each option to buy more rolls will be an option to buy 2 more rolls instead of one more roll. So, after you combine your dice and open up some squares with this roll, you will have another chance to roll and open squares before you have to guess or buy another roll.

So, commence discussion, whenever 2 or more of you have decided to combine your dice and open a square, just make sure it is clearly stated from the two of you and I will reveal the new board.

Go!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #328
samifan24
Pro Starter

Ok, just for an example, I could decide to combine with MIJB to make a roll of 9 and then we get another roll of 9 before deciding to either guess or purchase a third roll (of 9?) using the money from the group pot, right?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #329
MJ4H
Coordinator

You could combine with MIJB for a 9 and after everyone else has used their dice, you will get another free roll (different numbers) to combine as you'd like. The money to "purchase" further rolls after that will be taken from the prize money you would get for guessing the game correctly. In other words, if you choose to purchase another set of rolls after you get through this first one, guessing the game correctly would then win you only $20,000 instead of $25,000.

Last edited by MJ4H : 08-22-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #330
MIJB#19
Coordinator

If my math is right, we can combine for 6 (MIJB#19), 7 (Butter of 69+BrianD), 7 (Poli+hoopsguy) and 7 (samifan24+claphamsa) and then buy B1, B2, B3 and C2 for a good chunk of the top left corner.

How does that sound for an idea?
Old 08-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #331
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Are we allowed to remove just one box per turn, or could we get a max of 3 per turn by combining 2, 2, and 3 dice?
Old 08-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #332
MJ4H
Coordinator

You may combine them for up to 3 boxes (or all 7 dice for one box in a turn if you want to). Use dice until you are out of them (or have one left, since you must use at least 2 to remove a box).
Old 08-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #333
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
6 (MIJB#19)

You may not use just one die. Each sum must consist of at least 2 dice.

Last edited by MJ4H : 08-22-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #334
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm thinking we might want to open up a box or two in the top corners to get the score and possible stage information. Then something in the middle would give us a shot at the playing characters.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #335
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I'm thinking we might want to open up a box or two in the top corners to get the score and possible stage information. Then something in the middle would give us a shot at the playing characters.

I think we should try to get something along the top, maybe in the middle or top left or top right, and also somewhere in the dead middle of the square to try to reveal characters.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #336
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
You may not use just one die. Each sum must consist of at least 2 dice.
understood.

I too am a big fan of trying for the top left corner for one or two squares and then move down to the middle.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #337
hoopsguy
General Manager

At this point I'll go along with whatever plan works for the rest of the group. I expect that once we get through the first bit of information I'll have deeper thoughts on moves.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #338
Butter
Coordinator

So, BrianD, should we go for B1, C2, or B3? I would think we all would want to start in the same area, so let's kick this thing off with something. I would vote for B1.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #339
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

makes sense to me!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #340
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
So, BrianD, should we go for B1, C2, or B3? I would think we all would want to start in the same area, so let's kick this thing off with something. I would vote for B1.

Sure. I'll combine with Butter to open B1.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #341
MJ4H
Coordinator

hoopsguy 3
Butter -
MIJB 6
claphamsa 4
BrianD -
samifan24 3
Poli 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss1-1.jpg (34.9 KB, 46 views)
Old 08-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #342
samifan24
Pro Starter

Well that didn't do much. It looks like it's set outside, could those be rock formations, like those in the Southwest US?

Last edited by samifan24 : 08-23-2009 at 11:48 AM.
samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #343
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Possible combos left:
6+4=10 and 4+3+3=10
6+3 = 9 and 4+4+3=11
6+3+3=12 and 4+4=8

Now what? Re-direct to the bottom, to the centre, or stick at the top left?
Personally I'm not a big fan of the 10 and 11 squares (but neither am I of the 12s ).
Old 08-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #344
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wouldnt the middle most likely bear fruit?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #345
samifan24
Pro Starter

I think we should go for some of the 9s near the middle. We get premium real estate without paying premium (12s) prices.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #346
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like this in a more recent game and not a classic arcade game. That makes the idea of going for an area near the score less helpful.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #347
MJ4H
Coordinator

Trying to spur a little action here, the following players need to get together and find a way to use their dice to open up a square:

hoopsguy 3
MIJB 6
claphamsa 4
samifan24 3
Poli 4
Old 08-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #348
samifan24
Pro Starter

hoopsguy or MIJB, what do you say we combine to open either C6 or I6? I like those spots because they're near the middle but are pretty cheap. I think it's safe to assume we'd be close to the middle of whatever's going on in the scene, too.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #349
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
hoopsguy or MIJB, what do you say we combine to open either C6 or I6? I like those spots because they're near the middle but are pretty cheap. I think it's safe to assume we'd be close to the middle of whatever's going on in the scene, too.
I'm in.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #350
samifan24
Pro Starter

Ok, let's combine my roll (3) with MIJB's roll (6) to make (9) and let's open C6.