Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #301
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

My first regular season game, Vikes at Cleveland, with My Skill and Heelfan's cpu adjustments..

Minn 7-10-7-9=33
Cleve 3-10-3-7=23

Minn\Cleve
Offense 483\429
Rush 122\149 ( with 90 cpu runblock until late 3rd qtr then change to 85)
Passing 361\280
Turnovers 0\0
Penalties 6-54\1-15
Possession 33:24\26:36

Passing
Farve 23-30 374 yds., 2-td, 0-Int, Long 79, sacked 2
Quinn 20-36 288yds., 2-td, 0-Int, Long 32, sacked 1

Rushing
Peterson 24-120-5.0, 1 td, long 15
Taylor 4-4-2.0, 0 td, long 2
Farve 1-(-2) kneel-down end game

Lewis 16-102-6.2, 0 td, long 30
Harrison 7-20-2.8, 0td, long 5
Herron 2-11-5.5, 0td long, 10
Quinn 1-16 late game scramble

Playing a good enjoyable game of football. A game with no turnovers, can't remember the last Madden I played that did that. To be fair there were two fumbles in the game but both teams recovered their own.

Looking at the kickoffs there were twelve in the game with two touch-backs.
Not sure how that compares to the NFL and will have to check my kickers power rating to verify how close this is to real life. Like I said in my earlier post I haven't seen a reason to up power but maybe it could use a tweak? I can't see lowering the kick trajectory to try to get the ball out of the endzone. If you don't get it out or very deep you won't be giving your coverage team time to get down field.

I'm going to stay with My Skill and heelfan's cpu sliders and hope it all stabilizes and needs no more tweaks from me. I hate slider tag and if that works I'm going to be one happy camper.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #302
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Count me in on those happy with Bill's version 1 sliders, aside from the facemask issue (although I also agree that I have not seen pass interference in about 3 games worth of play so far). I may lower facemask because I'm seeing 4 or 5 per game right now. Everything else seems pretty good, I'm passing decently with Brady and Company but not taking over games, so no way am I IMPROVING CPU pass defense one iota.

I did have one very annoying replay that was upheld, where Maroney was headed out of bounds, the refs called a fumble that the Jets recovered, the replays CLEARLY showed the ball sitting on the sidelines half in the white, yet they upheld the ruling on the field. That annoyed me to no end.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #303
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Count me in on those happy with Bill's version 1 sliders, aside from the facemask issue (although I also agree that I have not seen pass interference in about 3 games worth of play so far). I may lower facemask because I'm seeing 4 or 5 per game right now. Everything else seems pretty good, I'm passing decently with Brady and Company but not taking over games, so no way am I IMPROVING CPU pass defense one iota.

I did have one very annoying replay that was upheld, where Maroney was headed out of bounds, the refs called a fumble that the Jets recovered, the replays CLEARLY showed the ball sitting on the sidelines half in the white, yet they upheld the ruling on the field. That annoyed me to no end.

I did use Bill's penalty sliders and the first thing I changed was facemasking back to 50-default. I still see it almost every game.

Another is false start. Maybe it's me and the way I play but with 100 (I've switched back to 50) its almost an automatic penalty if I try to draw off the defense with the third hut. Hell, at 50 I'm very timid about using a third hut as it seems to have a better than even chance of making my OL jump.

As a matter of fact I've played about 20 games between Play Now and Franchise. Today is the first time I saw the cpu get called for a false start. They're ususally up to the line, slight delay, and snap. No problems and no chance for a false start. The one I did see today I didn't even hear the QB's cadence, it was a silent false start by Cleveland at home

I'm hoping one of the slider gurus at OS does some testing and comes up with a good set of penalty sliders. Right now it still seems to be hit and miss.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #304
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Where did you find the version 2 sliders? I'm not seeing them anywhere on his blog.

On Operation Sports, in the Madden Slider Forum. There is a 300 plus post thread on his sliders there in which he has posted multiple times. He is going to start a new thread there when he has version 3 of his sliders done as well. However, I'm sticking to version 1 with just minor adjustments of my own.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #305
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I've got the Chiefs visiting the Eagles next. Not looking forward to facing Maclin with my secondary. I'm 0-2 and giving up 28 PPG through the first two. At least Cassel is a good upgrade.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #306
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I've tweaked his V1 sliders. Mostly changed the pass rush and a few penalties. I just noticed his V2 sliders and I definitely need to make the AI D tougher. My D seems like it's just about right, but my offense is way too strong. It was fine when I couldn't sit in the pocket for more than a second, but now that I can actually pass the way you're supposed to, I'm crushing the AI for the last few games. I'll change it after the Super Bowl (which is my next game against the 15-0-1 Saints). I just beat the Colts in the AFC title game (which was a lot easier since they didn't have Peyton Manning). No matter how good the opposing offense is, I should be able to outscore them. I'd make a change now, but I don't think the playoffs is the time to be tinkering with sliders. We'll see how the changes go next year...
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #307
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Maybe it's the sad state of Seattle's OL but I can't get any time to throw anything other than a quick slant. Poor Matt.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #308
bhlloy
Coordinator

I really miss formation subs in these games. It makes no sense that there's no easy consistent way to get favorable matchups in the front seven on passing downs or have my power back as the default back in the I (and I'm sure there is a way to do it using the R stick when selecting plays, but I don't have the patience to do that every single time)
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #309
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

If you use the right thumbstick when you're in the playcalling screen, you can set how the formation will be for the remainder of the game (it doesn't stay from game-to-game). It's great for me because I have 1 or 2 formations I run with my backup RB and I only have to do the formation subs one time. Definitely helpful for keeping my top RB fresh.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #310
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Beyond using the right stick, this game has some button you press (maybe Y on the 360) that you can set formation subs. It's the first version in which it is back. To prevent cheesing it won't let you put any player at any position, but it is still very useful.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-23-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #311
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
A good tip that I picked up from OS is that you should never press turbo when rushing the passer. The hypothesis (which I now believe) is that pressing turbo activates the QB's "panic mode" and causes all of the throws out of near sacks. In my first 2 pre-season games, I only had 1 sack in each of them. Midway through the 3rd quarter, I now have 4 sacks against Jacksonville.

I am now a believer. Tried this tip my last game and went from seemingly never getting anyone to the QB to having a few sacks.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 PM   #312
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Beyond using the right stick, this game has some button you press (maybe Y on the 360) that you can set formation subs. It's the first version in which it is back. To prevent cheesing it won't let you put any player at any position, but it is still very useful.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for, but I assume it doesn't carry over from game to game? If it's in the game then I don't see why they couldn't let you set it in the season menu just like the depth chart.

Thanks for the tip though, I'll have to try and find it. I guess I hadn't thought about the possibility for cheesing, I'm sure the online game was the reason it was removed in the first place. Could be an offline only feature though or could give online commish's the option to turn it off.

On this topic, it would be nice next year to have the CPU sub routine completely overhauled. The CPU should actively remove it's starters during a blowout and use players in the situations they are designed for (e.g. power back in on a third and short, pass rushers on the field in a third and long, speedy back in the wildcat etc...) In addition it should go to the backup if the starter is having a crappy game especially at QB. I just played the Jets and Sanchez was something stupid like 5/20 with 4 INT's and the CPU just kept throwing him back out there to get worse and worse stats. Kellen Clemens isn't really rated that much different, would be a nice touch to see the CPU go to him when appropriate just like real life.

Last edited by bhlloy : 08-23-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #313
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That's pretty much what I'm looking for, but I assume it doesn't carry over from game to game? If it's in the game then I don't see why they couldn't let you set it in the season menu just like the depth chart.

Correct. Unfortunately, it needs to be redone each game as there is no way to set it between games and it does not carry over from game to game in the franchise. I agree with you about the need for more realistic usage of players, although they have taken small steps. For example, even though Pierre is the #1 back for the Saints, they do use Bush as a receiver in some formations, I'm fairly certain.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-24-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #314
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I've tweaked his V1 sliders. Mostly changed the pass rush and a few penalties. I just noticed his V2 sliders and I definitely need to make the AI D tougher. My D seems like it's just about right, but my offense is way too strong. It was fine when I couldn't sit in the pocket for more than a second, but now that I can actually pass the way you're supposed to, I'm crushing the AI for the last few games. I'll change it after the Super Bowl (which is my next game against the 15-0-1 Saints). I just beat the Colts in the AFC title game (which was a lot easier since they didn't have Peyton Manning). No matter how good the opposing offense is, I should be able to outscore them. I'd make a change now, but I don't think the playoffs is the time to be tinkering with sliders. We'll see how the changes go next year...

I played with his V2 sliders last night, got beat 38-16 in my first game of the Lions franchise by the Saints. Brees tore apart my secondary. There running game was very effective too. In the first half I was able to run the ball well enough to keep them honest but then I got too far behind and had to start passing. Then they started teeing off on Culpepper.

I like these sliders a lot, for the first time I felt like I needed to be more aggressive to win. I usually can just relax and cruise to a victory no matter the matchup, or if I did lose it would be by 3 or less.

Last edited by Balldog : 08-24-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #315
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone having much success rushing? Lately I have not had any luck what-so-ever. Every time Westbrook gets the ball there seem to be 2 defenders waiting for him. Even if I shake them the rest of the defense has arived by then. I only had a respectable looking yardage total last game because of a 74 yard touchdown run by him late in then game on a third and short where a 1st down allows me to run the clock out. Went outside, broke a tackle and with the defense playing at the line he was off to the races. Until then I was averaging 0.5 yards per carry with him.

It seemed like I was doing okay rushing the first couple games but the last three it seems nearly impossible. I probably just suck at this game.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #316
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I've had a hard time running with the version 1 sliders with Ronnie Brown. Mostly stuffed, every once in a while a big run.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #317
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

I've been having the opposite problem. Not that running is necessarily easy, but can pretty much count on at least one 60+ yard run from Darren McFadden every game. Usually 2-3. That's about the only thing left that's really bothering me is there seem to be too many big plays on both sides - like the safeties aren't playing back enough or the like. If the runner gets through that first 2-3 yards, way high percentage that he's going all the way.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #318
Logan
Head Coach

I've had too much success running the ball with Frank Gore using the v1 sliders. Decided last night that I'll knock down the human sliders next time I fire it up.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #319
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Anyone having much success rushing? Lately I have not had any luck what-so-ever. Every time Westbrook gets the ball there seem to be 2 defenders waiting for him. Even if I shake them the rest of the defense has arived by then. I only had a respectable looking yardage total last game because of a 74 yard touchdown run by him late in then game on a third and short where a 1st down allows me to run the clock out. Went outside, broke a tackle and with the defense playing at the line he was off to the races. Until then I was averaging 0.5 yards per carry with him.

It seemed like I was doing okay rushing the first couple games but the last three it seems nearly impossible. I probably just suck at this game.

I can run the ball once I figure out what's working and what isn't. As mentioned above every team really is different, so for example I ran all over the Bills, but Kris Jenkins was a beast for the Jets and I had to move to a quick passing game to move the ball. Once that got rolling, THEN I was able to start running Maroney, but trying to run him from the get-go was asking for trouble.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #320
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead Spock View Post
I've been having the opposite problem. Not that running is necessarily easy, but can pretty much count on at least one 60+ yard run from Darren McFadden every game. Usually 2-3. That's about the only thing left that's really bothering me is there seem to be too many big plays on both sides - like the safeties aren't playing back enough or the like. If the runner gets through that first 2-3 yards, way high percentage that he's going all the way.

I agree with this. Seems like the elite backs (or any back with good speed - I can get pretty decent success with Ryan Moats) will always have 200 yards rushing on 20 very short gains and 3 60 yard TD's. I've been destroyed by Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson where if they've broken the front seven, it's a sure TD (both had over 250 yards). I've also basically had to limit myself to not rushing outside of the tackles with Steve Slaton, because it's just too easy.

Knocking run block sliders back down might help, but I don't want 19 out of every 20 runs stopped for a loss. I wonder if playing with the speed differential might help (but I don't want speedy receivers to be a non-factor either)
Old 08-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #321
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I can run the ball once I figure out what's working and what isn't. As mentioned above every team really is different, so for example I ran all over the Bills, but Kris Jenkins was a beast for the Jets and I had to move to a quick passing game to move the ball. Once that got rolling, THEN I was able to start running Maroney, but trying to run him from the get-go was asking for trouble.

That is how my first couple games were. Since then it seems like nothing works at all, with the exception of substituting my backup for a couple plays. It seems like they go 8 in the box and my o-line forgets how to block unless I sub for Westbrook.

On the bright side the passing game has been going well.

It does seem like the big play hurs me more in this game defensively. There is always at least 2 and usually 3 or more big plays against me for scores. The last game Portis brke a 60 yard touchdown against me and it almost seemed to be determined at the snap as he broke what seemed like 8 tackles on the play. Also had a kick returned for a touchdown against me and it seemed the same, broke every tackle thrown at him (forget who the returner was).

Not as much of a complaint as it is that the blemishes are starting to come out. Hopefully a few more tweaks and it will be a little closer to what I want. It is still fun to play though.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #322
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I wonder if playing with the speed differential might help (but I don't want speedy receivers to be a non-factor either)

This will help to some extent as setting it at 70 is making the difference between speed receivers and slow receivers minimal. To make them more of a factor, you need to lower the setting. The setting is not a "differential" - it is a floor.

So one reason that every play that gets past the first level tends to break for big yardage is because there is not enough differential actually in play. The TEs and RBs aren't getting caught from behind by the DBs.

The elite speed backs will still likely break the bigger plays though.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #323
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post
This will help to some extent as setting it at 70 is making the difference between speed receivers and slow receivers minimal. To make them more of a factor, you need to lower the setting. The setting is not a "differential" - it is a floor.

So one reason that every play that gets past the first level tends to break for big yardage is because there is not enough differential actually in play. The TEs and RBs aren't getting caught from behind by the DBs.

The elite speed backs will still likely break the bigger plays though.

Agreed with this. I was seeing too many long runs from slower backs, so I switched it to 50. I also raised up block shedding and reaction time. I'm no longer seeing as many runs and I like how the faster WR's get seperation as well.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #324
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Agreed with this. I was seeing too many long runs from slower backs, so I switched it to 50. I also raised up block shedding and reaction time. I'm no longer seeing as many runs and I like how the faster WR's get seperation as well.

I'm thinking about dropping as well. I've completed exactly one long pass to Randy Moss, and he was tightly covered by the CB at the time but made the grab anyway. No separation at all.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #325
bhlloy
Coordinator

I knocked it down to 40 and didn't see any real negative effects. MJD still ran all over me and the WR seperation seemed a little better. I might even try dropping it further this evening.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #326
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

feining for the patch...I'm anxious to get my franny going. Enough of this "play now" crap.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #327
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So what fixes are in patch 1?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #328
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I didn't think it was out yet.

Last edited by Big Fo : 08-25-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #329
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Just lost my 2nd game in my Lions franchise against Minnesota 17-13. I'm only completing about 45% of my passes with Culpepper which feels about right considering he is scrambling for his life. The Stafford era is beginning next week against the Redskins, hopefully they don't beat him up to bad
Old 08-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #330
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

My worst fears were realized when the Chiefs played Philadelphia. My Chiefs were up 24-10 at halftime. Jeremy Maclin scored two second half touchdowns including the game winner with 12 seconds left to win by 3. Ugh.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #331
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
My worst fears were realized when the Chiefs played Philadelphia. My Chiefs were up 24-10 at halftime. Jeremy Maclin scored two second half touchdowns including the game winner with 12 seconds left to win by 3. Ugh.

Mackey!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #332
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

For those of you having trouble running the ball I was having the same problem until I started sliding my line. i.e if I have a play where the guard is pulling to the right I might slide my line left to stop a LB from tackling my RB from the back.

Also if you notice that the box is load you might want to audible to a short pass and force them to back off. The version 2 of those sliders makes the game harder and I am no longer having easy games.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #333
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I just upped the player QB accuracy slider some from the V1 set. Sorry, Brady should not be chucking passes into the ground 5 or 6 times per game when throwing a slant route...
Old 08-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #334
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Just won the Super Bowl with the Bungles. Time to try v2 of Bill Harris' sliders. The draft is really cool even though I ended up with almost all "busts." I got a HB in round 3 who is only 1 point off of my starter. I also grabbed a guy who appears to be a KR/PR stud in round 6. He'll never play at WR, but he looks like the second coming of Devin Hester (at least on paper).

Based on what everyone has said, I'm assuming that patches won't affect dynasties that have already started?
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #335
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone had a lockup yet? Can't get to my week 10 game in my franchise. I start the game it shows the initial introduction shot with the crowd milling around and when it usually cuts to the scene with the players on the field the screen goes blank and that's all she wrote. Tried it a couple times now and it cuts off the same spot each time. I have a feeling that I will need to start from scratch for a franchise.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #336
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I haven't had a lock up, but I will offer the suggestion that maybe you can try to sim that game before you restart the whole franchise? Maybe simming will allowing you to get past whatever hang up is there and try playing the game for the next week.

Last edited by jaygr : 08-27-2009 at 09:53 PM.
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #337
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh dear god, I was just looking over the EA forums for Madden issues and I don't know what's worse, some of the complaints or the posts themselves...

I present you exhibit A:
Quote:
"I just played a friend online and it was 24-13 in the 4th quarter with 22seconds i believe left in the game out of the blue the score jumped to 30-13 and i had the ball (he was winning) i was in shotgun formation empty backfield ,Denver's playbook just completed a slant route to Gaffney when it happened we was both like WOW ,there was'nt a lag or anything just as soon as it went back to play screen he went from 24 points to 30 points ,did'nt matter cause i still would've lost but thought i'd let yall know. "

I think we just found jb?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #338
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr View Post
I haven't had a lock up, but I will offer the suggestion that maybe you can try to sim that game before you restart the whole franchise? Maybe simming will allowing you to get past whatever hang up is there and try playing the game for the next week.

Simming that week worked. Was able to play the next week's game (and had one of my best yet).
Old 08-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #339
DeToxRox
Head Coach

What's the proper way to throw a fade? I am not getting enough lob to Megatron.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:40 AM   #340
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Still working on tweaking the sliders but had two very competitive games yesterday despite having a moment in each game where they felt like lost causes.

First game was Steelers (me) against the Bengals. Roethlisberger crushed on his first drop back, broken ribs, fumble for a TD. We coughed up two more fumbles and back-up Ken Dorsey (thanks to Charlie Batch having a broken leg) threw a couple picks, all of which led to a 24-0 deficit early in the second quarter. Anyway, Parker and the running attack picked up steam and Dorsey did just well enough to pick away at them. Defense forced a couple turnovers and before I knew it, we were down 42-39 (not bad considering that they ended up with 35 first half points). Ultimately lost as Dorsey got wild late but turned into a fun game after being incredibly frustrating.

Follow up game (I'm messing around with franchise mode) was Steelers-Chargers and started off similar to the previous game. We quickly dropped down 17-0 following a big LT run, a kick return fumble, and then a three and out that led to a field goal for San Diego. We turned it around on the arm of Roethlisberger, playing hurt. The score was 24-10 at halftime. The defense showed up in the second half as we picked off Rivers twice (each was legit), sacked him three times, and gave the offense a chance. With 1:03, the Chargers took a 27-24 lead. We took our two time outs, and marched. Roethlisberger continued his hot streak, completing thirteen straight passes among the last couple drives. We ended up at the 2 yard line with 0:31. Ran Parker inside...stuffed. Ran Parker inside, gain of 1. Quickly ran an outside sweep with 0:12 on the clock and Parker dove in for the win. Would've been a Greatest Game but we had a last second pick for six, making it look lopsided 38-27.

Overall, the game definitely has remained challenging and fun.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #341
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
What's the proper way to throw a fade? I am not getting enough lob to Megatron.

It works kind of silly, you have to make sure he is not in contact with the DB...so against bump-n-run its pretty much useless.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #342
Logan
Head Coach

Anyone know how to adjust special teams sliders while in franchise mode? I can adjust mine and the CPU's skills from the in game settings, but I only see options for offense and defense. Don't see anything in the franchise menu either.

Those v1 sliders have kickers drilling 55+ yard FGs with ease.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #343
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

You have to change it on the main menu before you enter your franchise. Then save your profile and you're good to go.

I played a game last night using v3 of Bill Harris' sliders. I'm almost wondering if they don't affect games played in mid-franchise, because I beat the living crap out of the Patriots (I was an 81-rated team). I guess it was only a 10-point game if you don't count the FOUR non-offensive TD's I had. I need to make some changes to the sliders but I don't want things to feel cheap. I think that's probably asking too much, though...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #344
Logan
Head Coach

Thanks...weird that it's missing from the in game menu.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #345
MrDNA
High School Varsity

I hate to ask this, but I couldn't find it in the instruction manual or online - on PS3, how in tarnation do I call an audible?

Also, has anyone had success running the ball? No matter what team I use, runs up the middle are at best a 1-2 yard gain, and usually not even that.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #346
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDNA View Post
Also, has anyone had success running the ball? No matter what team I use, runs up the middle are at best a 1-2 yard gain, and usually not even that.

I have the 360, but as far as running I had to find a slider set that worked for me. I am real happy as I have had games with the Packers where I have rushed for 80 yards, and games where I have rushed for 140 and everything inbetween. Finding the right sliders was the key.

Last edited by SegRat : 09-02-2009 at 12:14 AM.
SegRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:28 AM   #347
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I hate to ask this, but I couldn't find it in the instruction manual or online - on PS3, how in tarnation do I call an audible?

When you get to the line or are approaching it, press the button on the left side of the diamond. I have a 360, so I don't know what symbol you have on that button. You have four buttons that make a diamond. One up, one down, one to the left and one to the right. Once you press the button to the left, your audible options pop up on the right side of the screen. Just select the play you want that is displayed opposite each diamond button and two bumper buttons. or move the right up, down, left or right for your formation specific audibles. I think down is a run, left is a PA pass, up is a quick pass and right is a long pass.

Thats it.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 09-02-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #348
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Press square button to call an audible, which will pop up a list of options to select a play.

I'm 5 or 6 games into my first season with the Chiefs. Their offensive line is horrible, but I'm still getting about 90 yards per game with Larry Johnson. I have a lot of runs with 3 yards and then I'll pop one here or there, but that's honestly pretty similar to the real thing. Big runs are pretty rare. I do know that following blockers is extremely important.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #349
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ian is back from his vacation and posting on OS again. There will be a big blog out next week. He also has said that the Patch is in Sony/MS's hands now. Hopefully, that means it will be out before the season starts. Here is the thread:

Madden NFL 10 Q&A Blog with the Dev Team - Operation Sports Forums
Old 09-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #350
whomario
Pro Starter

Hey guys, i am thinking about picking up Madden, either 09 for cheap or 10 on a decent discount deal both from amazon in england, after not having played a football console game in forever (madden 05 on the PS2 the last).
Unfortunately the local video-loan doesnīt have 09 anymore and Madden 10 isnīt published in Germany at all, so i canīt just test-drive.

What iīd like to know as this gets barely mentioned in reviews :
Are there any major improvements/differences in terms of the dynasty mode from 09 to 10 ?
Maybe also some cross-comparison to NBA 2K :

There iīm pretty much annoyed by how poorly newly created players are made. Ratings that donīt fit the player (Top5 PGs with 70 handle and a Big Men snimation for dribbling or the fact that there are basically no shooters at all at the 2/3 f.e.) as 1 major example.
Also the roster development is bad as well as contract demands that are way too high. 70 rated players are barely roster calibre but demand like 3 mio a year instead of the minimum contracts theyīd be getting in real life.

Are those aspects handled better in Madden and is there a jump from 09 to 10 ?

Another thing : How is the Draft done ? What type of workouts do you have, are there combine results (and do they have an effect and say sth about the player) ?

cheers in advance,

Mario
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote