Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #301
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Ok. Just got this for the PS3. Anyone want to quickly let me know which sliders I ought to adjust?

Honestly, I haven't even touched the sliders outside of increasing fouls. I play on Pro (might bump it up a notch now that I'm improving), and it plays a good game of ball with 12 min quarters. I usually score anywhere from 110-80 points a game, and rarely shoot over 50% FG. Only thing that I probably need to adjust is to try and increase the fouls a little more and lower blocks a little bit.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #302
Icy
Pro Starter

Here are all the best sliders compiled in one graphic chart by "theenemy" at OPS forums. The last column is the average of them. Those are for All-Star and HOF levels, i play with Bizacaino's in All-Star level and it's tough to win, but i like the challenge, you need to work so hard on defense.

Last edited by Icy : 11-15-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #303
Ironhead
College Prospect

Wow, have to hand it to 2K Sports for putting an awesome touch into the online mode. I opened up a game against someone and jumped out to a quick lead. Long before we even got to halftime my opponent started to intentionally foul me as soon as I touched the ball. I figured he was just trying to frustrate me into quitting the game. After he did it for the 6th time in a row a popup message said "Your opponent has intentionally fouled you too many times. What would you like to do?" It gave me the option of quitting the game and receiving a win, or resetting the foul totals and continuing. Thankfully I was able to get out of the game.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #304
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Wow, have to hand it to 2K Sports for putting an awesome touch into the online mode. I opened up a game against someone and jumped out to a quick lead. Long before we even got to halftime my opponent started to intentionally foul me as soon as I touched the ball. I figured he was just trying to frustrate me into quitting the game. After he did it for the 6th time in a row a popup message said "Your opponent has intentionally fouled you too many times. What would you like to do?" It gave me the option of quitting the game and receiving a win, or resetting the foul totals and continuing. Thankfully I was able to get out of the game.

Yeah, I've had this option now too. I also hate it when the opponent is losing and in the second half keeps pausing the game right up until the ticker has just 1 second left before the game is cancelled.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #305
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ok. Just got this for the PS3. Anyone want to quickly let me know which sliders I ought to adjust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Here are all the best sliders compiled in one graphic chart by "theenemy" at OPS forums. The last column is the average of them. Those are for All-Star and HOF levels, i play with Bizacaino's in All-Star level and it's tough to win, but i like the challenge, you need to work so hard on defense.

I use the bizcanos sliders with my fouls set at 100 and the cpu at 80. I changed two things. I play 12 minute quarters and set player speed to 40. Slowing the players gives me realistic stats with 12 minute qtrs. The games take a little longer to play but I like the "real" feel of playing a full 48 minutes.

With these sliders I get realistic stats. The fouls are a little low but it's due to the low number of loose ball fouls being called (something the sliders can't correct), the shooting fouls are where they should be.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:42 PM   #306
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I just read that this game has coach mode, I wish I'd have known that earlier I would've gotten it. Has anyone played with coach mode?

Last edited by Balldog : 11-15-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:11 PM   #307
Groundhog
Coordinator

Hmm I didn't know that either... Not sure how to switch it to coach mode?
Old 11-16-2007, 07:49 AM   #308
markprior22
High School Varsity

Might want to check out this thread at Operation Sports

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=228432

Here is one response...there will probably be more

yes.. you press lef ton the d pad and turn coach mode on.. however there is a glitch where your player will keep walking towards the out or half court.... causing a TO
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #309
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

OK, I've had this game since right around its release date, and I finally started an association last night. My Grizzlies lost at home to the Spurs, but I only lost by 10 points. I used Bizcanos' sliders on All-Star level with 12 minute quarters and the speed turned down to 35. The final score was 109-99, and the stats turned out very reasonable, as far as I can remember. Regarding gameplay, fast breaks were more or less nonexistant, and both teams only managed to steal the ball because of deflected passes. I think I only saw one steal where the ball was actually stripped out of somebody's hands. I committed a ton of reaching in fouls. I may adjust that a little bit but not too much.

Of course, who knows how much I'll actually play the game now? College Hoops and Mass Effect are out tomorrow, I'm pretty invested in my NHL 08 dynasty, NCAA Football is supposedly getting a patch in a couple of weeks (just in time for bowl season), and I'm playing quite a bit of Carcassonne thanks to the free download Microsoft offered last week.

Way. Too. Many. Games.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #310
Anthony
Banned

I GOT LEBRON!

i'm in the 2011-2012 season in my Association, i gutted the team and wound up with a ton of cap space. sure, the 2010-2011 was a waste, but for the real life Knicks to get under the cap they're gonna need a good 2 or 3 seasons of being crap, which sucks cuz they are crap but the cap is still insanely high, but that's for another thread. so i was able to trade for Kobe Bryant, but i wasn't feeling as thrilled as i thought. maybe cuz he was 32 years old. i wanted a young 99 rated player. so i was able to trade Kobe and some other parts for Lebron. now we're gonna rock.

oh, btw, i signed a young Chris Bosh as a free agent too. 5 yr deal. rest of the team is poopy, but i don't care. no one other than Lebron and Bosh will touch the ball.

championship.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #311
korme
Go Reds

Three weeks into my season, the Heat and Suns have swung a deal that sends D. Wade to Phoenix for Stoudamire.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #312
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

HA - Was Bron with the Cavs when you traded for him? If so, how many championship did the Cavs win with him - if anY?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #313
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Perhaps I missed it, but NBA 2K8 is going to be available for $28 at Target on Black Friday. Just in case you happen to be there on Friday, it's a great stocking stuffer.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #314
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
HA - Was Bron with the Cavs when you traded for him? If so, how many championship did the Cavs win with him - if anY?

Yes, he was on the Cavs. for the 2011-2012 offseason he became available, not sure if it was player/team option. then cleveland must've resigned him before he hit free agency. i settled for Kobe as my Plan B. then i decided to move MVP Calibre Zach Randolph (yes, Zach Randolph), my rookie of the year runner-up PG and my monster Bill Russel-esque 7'1" 3rd year Center along with a 1st rounder to the Cavs for LeBron and a garbage player. i believe the Cavs went to 1 Finals, but they didn't win any championships. Pistons have won back-to-back championships, however.

we're ready to rock now. BronBron and Bosh. ooooooooh baby.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #315
Galaxy
Coordinator

So you traded, what sounds like three outstanding young players who could start for any team, for LeBron?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #316
Anthony
Banned

this is the NEW YORK KNICKS. we love big names.

but yes, reviewing this makes me realize i probably did a bad thing to my team. considering my Center just won Defensive Player of the Year and has been voted to the All-Star game twice in a row. actually, i probably most likely screwed this team for the next 10 years. we have no draft picks the next 2 seasons.

oh my God, i'm Isaiah Thomas.

leave me alone while i sit and think about this.

but seriously, i can easily see how Isaiah made that bad Eddie Curry trade. sometimes the rush, man, it's just so invigorating. common sense tells you not to do it, you're giving up too much, but then you just say "this player is better than whatever i'd get in the draft with these 1st round picks".
Old 11-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #317
Anthony
Banned

btw, it was easy for me to include my stellar 2nd year PG cuz his hair was like very fro-ish. he looked like a black Albert Einstein. i couldn't stand looking at him for the next 10 yrs.

i consider all angles when i make a trade.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #318
sooner333
College Starter

Doing a short season co-op dynasty with a friend of mine. We did a fantasy draft for our league and are the OKC Sonics. We tried to go with a young, athletic bunch that could get up and down and shun height.

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Michael Redd
SF- Shane Battier
PF- David West
PF- Charlie Villanueva

Off the bench is Corey Brewer, Aldridge, J.R. Smith, Najera, and Lowery. Started off 0-2 as the two of us figured out how to play off the ball and together. Whipped out a three game winning streak after that.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:22 PM   #319
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
btw, it was easy for me to include my stellar 2nd year PG cuz his hair was like very fro-ish. he looked like a black Albert Einstein. i couldn't stand looking at him for the next 10 yrs.

i consider all angles when i make a trade.

lol, can't you edit players?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #320
korme
Go Reds

To leave my own scent on a team, I completely revamped the Sac Kings into this rotation of 8:

pg Rondo
sg Barbosa
sf Battier
pf Gasol
c Dalembert

6 S. May
7 F. Garcia
8 J. McInnis

McInnis is garbage and I need to replace him, but so far we are competitive. I was struggling as I had Abdur-Rahim as my starting SF, he was a good scorer inside but Gasol was drawing crazy double teams and SAR can't shoot outside, Battier is 88 from deep which works plus he's a great defender.

I predict I will get a 6-8 seed and hope to get lucky in the playoffs.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #321
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
lol, can't you edit players?

not their appearance, just their accessories. headbands, armbands, etc.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #322
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
not their appearance, just their accessories. headbands, armbands, etc.

I haven't been to a draft yet, I just figured since they would all be fictional that you'd be able to. Meh.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #323
Logan
Head Coach

Thought I'd throw this out there for anyone who doesn't have it yet. You may know that this game will be $30 at Target on Black Friday. I thought about braving the store for it, but since I have no desire to be one of the early risers, figured there would be a good chance I'd miss out on it if I showed up late.

Went to Best Buy's site and it turns out that if you buy this, you get NHL 2K8 free. My roommate and I have been fixing for a hockey game and we've basically been too lazy to pull the trigger on one, but this was the clincher. Both games for $60 is too hard to pass up.

Online only offer but you can do in-store pick-up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at136500050100

Hell, you can put up NHL on ebay/half.com and sell it for around $35.

Last edited by Logan : 11-20-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #324
rjolley
College Starter

Thanks Logan. I may actually do that. A good hockey game might be fun.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #325
Logan
Head Coach

Well I picked it up and played a couple games last night...definitely can see that it's great. Of course I sucked (last NBA game I played was I believe Live 04), so it was nice coming on here and reading the whole thread to see that some of you had the same problems when you started out.

I don't have a clue how to do any moves or really handle the ball on offense, so I picked up some tips on here. Someone had mentioned earlier that 2k was going to put out an online manual to address the complete SHIT thing that came with the game...did that ever come out?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #326
fflix
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Well I picked it up and played a couple games last night...definitely can see that it's great. Of course I sucked (last NBA game I played was I believe Live 04), so it was nice coming on here and reading the whole thread to see that some of you had the same problems when you started out.

I don't have a clue how to do any moves or really handle the ball on offense, so I picked up some tips on here. Someone had mentioned earlier that 2k was going to put out an online manual to address the complete SHIT thing that came with the game...did that ever come out?

this thread over at operationsports has a nice compilation of helpful videos and guides
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=227706
fflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #327
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Does this game have the option to super sim the first 3 quarters of games and then play the last quarter of games?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:55 PM   #328
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Does this game have the option to super sim the first 3 quarters of games and then play the last quarter of games?

I've never tried it, but it does have a supersim feature. I'm fairly certain you can switch from that to a regular game midway through.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #329
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflix View Post
this thread over at operationsports has a nice compilation of helpful videos and guides
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=227706

Thanks...I'll give it a read later.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:20 PM   #330
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I've never tried it, but it does have a supersim feature. I'm fairly certain you can switch from that to a regular game midway through.

Really? never saw it.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #331
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Really? never saw it.

It's not called supersim, but when you go to a game, there is an option to play it, sim it, or supersim it (I forget what it is called, but it is a fast sim mode that you watch.)
Old 11-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #332
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's not called supersim, but when you go to a game, there is an option to play it, sim it, or supersim it (I forget what it is called, but it is a fast sim mode that you watch.)

Ah yes, i saw that option, is like a text sim, but didn't know that you could get into the game anytime, i thought it was or all text or playing it.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:49 PM   #333
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ah yes, i saw that option, is like a text sim, but didn't know that you could get into the game anytime, i thought it was or all text or playing it.

I've never done it, but I'm fairly certain that I read that you could switch from that to the regular play mode midway through. I might be mistaken.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:16 PM   #334
Ironhead
College Prospect

A thread over at Operation Sports says that imported rookies from College Hoops seem to transfer over to NBA 2k8 well. I'm not going to buy the college game but I will definitely rent it and generate a ton of draft classes to use in the pro game.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #335
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
A thread over at Operation Sports says that imported rookies from College Hoops seem to transfer over to NBA 2k8 well. I'm not going to buy the college game but I will definitely rent it and generate a ton of draft classes to use in the pro game.

I've only just started messing around with the college game, but it is really impressive how much smoother the gameplay seems than the NBA game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-21-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #336
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

The College Hoops Tutorial mode is great. I don't know why they couldn't have something like this in the NBA game as well.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #337
Ironhead
College Prospect

The assistant producer of the game posted a summary over at Operation Sports of what can be expected in the patch. No dates were given but it sounds like we can expect the patch for the PS3 first and then the 360 next. They patch could hit as early as this week or it could take a couple of weeks.

Summary of Fixes:

Gameplay

OTFC (On The Fly Coaching) Duping – There was an issue in the game where multiple players could be set to guard a single player simultaneously. We have isolated the cause of this and rectified the problem.

DPC and Offball (Online) – We inadvertently shipped the game with the DPC and Offball Control features disabled for online games. These features functioned properly in the offline version of the game. For this patch, they have been enabled for use in online.

Online Free Throw Issue – There was an online issue where the first free throw would essentially drop out of the sky (due to framerate issues) and the user would always miss it. This issue has been addressed.

Layup Strips – We have tuned layup strips to happen at a more frequent rate. They weren’t firing off as much as we wanted.

Layup % - Based on consumer feedback, users should notice an increase in the percentage of layup / close to the basket shots made. We felt that solid players were missing too many “gimmies”.

Layup Holes – There were some layup holes which would cause players to shoot jumpshots into the bottom of the rim right underneath the basket. These holes have been identified and fixed.

Layup Removal – The 360 circus layup was removed from the game. Consumers felt strongly that this layup didn’t fit the scope of our gameplay.

Mirrored Plays – We now mirror plays in appropriate situations to minimize crossing. This removes a lot of clutter that was occurring during the setup of plays.

Up-and-Under – The up-and-under mechanic shipped with the game did not work as intended. It should now be functioning properly.

Fadeaway Shot Fix – We identified and fixed the issue where players would shoot unwanted fadeaways after catching the ball on occasion.

Hop Step Cheese – The Hop Step was identified as a huge “cheese” exploit by our online consumers. Players will now lose the ball on occasion if they attempt to exploit this move.

Pump Fake Breakout – We now allow the ballhandler to exit the pump fake animation early to improve their ability to drive around the faked out defender.

Lock-On D – Changes to the mechanic were made in an effort to fix odd defender movements. Big men should be less effective as well when using this feature.

Defensive Player Reaction – Player reactions on defense have been minimized in an effort to mimic more realistic behaviors.

Spinout/UB Dunk Exploits – Fixes were implemented for the Post Spinout and UB (Under Basket) Dunking exploits that were identified by our consumers.

3 In The Key – Our ‘3 In The Key’ violation timer has been adjusted to be a little less forgiving. Keep your guys moving!

Queued Passes – There was a bug where queued passes would fail when certain isomotion moves were executed. The animations in question have been addressed such that the passes work properly.

Double Team Exploit – Changes were implemented to prevent users from exploiting double teams. They should no longer be the strategy of choice for online players.

General:
Shoe Editing Issue – Shoe colors should no longer change when a player is edited. The patch will not revert any previously changed shoe colors, it will only prevent it from happening again in the future.

Intentional Fouls – There was an issue in the game where when you complete a game in NBA Blacktop mode, the feature would autosave and essentially autosave the street settings. When you attempted to play in a quick game, Intentional Fouls would not be called even though the violation was being committed. We have identified and corrected the issue.

Standing Dunk – Users were unable to edit/change the Standing Dunk attribute. It was viewable in the roster menus, but unable to be changed via Edit Player. This attribute has been added to the list of editable attributes.

Lobby Pings – There was an issue where if a lot of people are in a lobby, lobby pings would be reported inaccurately. This issue has been addressed.

Replay Cursor Toggle – The replay cursor can now be toggled on/off in replay by pressing the LB+RB (360) triggers simultaneously. This is just a little bonus for you guys creating videos via replay mode.

Other - There are numerous other minor changes as well that you should notice by playing through the game (Playoff Wipes during playoff games is one that comes to mind). As you play through the game, you will surely notice them.

Last edited by Ironhead : 11-28-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:30 PM   #338
RedKingGold
College Starter

So, they fix a "shoe-color" issue but not the everyone has low athleticism problem?

Lame.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #339
Kodos
Resident Alien

Some folks are very particular about their uniforms.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #340
rjolley
College Starter

Some on OperationSports forums are saying the PS3 patch is available for download.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:44 PM   #341
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Some on OperationSports forums are saying the PS3 patch is available for download.

Yup, downloading it, it's 57mb. I'll try it tomorrow.

Last edited by Icy : 11-28-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #342
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yup, downloading it, it's 57mb. I'll try it tomorrow.

Yeah, me too. Just threw in the game not even knowing a patch was coming out. Went to OS to see if there was some news and there are already guys giving some impressions.

65% done, anxious to see if I'll need to be adjusting some of my sliders.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:15 AM   #343
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The 360 version of the patch was released last night for NBA 2k8. Busy week for patches
Old 12-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #344
korme
Go Reds

By chance I ran into this site, http://www.themessenjah.net/nba2k8/ , uhh... the guy created a bunch of important Bulls from the 91-93 and 96-98 championship teams (my man Ho Grant needs some goggles!)... and that's pretty sweet, considering the C-a-P is hard for me to make faces look good at all.

ANyways, the site is worth checking out if only to scroll to the bottom and watch his 30 second trailers... somehow he manipulates NBA2k8 to recreate Jordan's most famous shots, celebrations, etc. It's quite amazing.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:48 PM   #345
wade moore
lolzcat

Just got my 360 and NBA 2k8.. I've just played some exhibitions..

How big of a deal is the patch? do I need to run it before I start a franchise (or whatever it's called?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #346
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Just got my 360 and NBA 2k8.. I've just played some exhibitions..

How big of a deal is the patch? do I need to run it before I start a franchise (or whatever it's called?)

The patch fixes several annoying bugs and I think makes some improvements to gameplay. It's not essential to download it before you start your association, but I would recommend doing so.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #347
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
The patch fixes several annoying bugs and I think makes some improvements to gameplay. It's not essential to download it before you start your association, but I would recommend doing so.

Cool.. as I posted elsewhere, freakin XBOX Live Signups are unavailable right now - at least that's what it is tellign me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #348
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Cool.. as I posted elsewhere, freakin XBOX Live Signups are unavailable right now - at least that's what it is tellign me..

Live has been having some issues of late after the update that came out in early December. From what I have read they are in the process of fixing it all and are making progress. I should say that I have every confidence that it will get resolved. Live has always been a solid service and delays and interruptions are very infrequent.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #349
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, Live seems much more stable tonight than it has in weeks. Wade, you might want to try again soon. I think they might have fixed whatever the problem is.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #350
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Are there pre-season games in the first season?