Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #301
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I wouldn't trust Natalie to be my personal trainer. And there's something wrong with her mouth.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #302
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Natalie is a stone cold bitch.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #303
Jas_lov
College Starter

Was that a great tribal council or what? Amanda is so hot and she played that so well. Kudos to her for actually playing the idol correctly and to Parvati for staying loyal to her. Do you guys think it was the right play to take out Alexis? She looked pretty hurt with her knee, but she's probably more of a threat in the final 3 than Natalie. With Amanda's play tonight, she might be 2 immunity victories away from winning it all.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #304
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Amazing play by Amanda, great episode, one of the best ever. The juries reaction was priceless.

I think taking Alexis out was the wrong move, medicaly she may have to leave anyway and she had no chance to win a challange, I would have taken Natalie out.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #305
Autumn
Head Coach

That was great. I've wondered for a long time if Amanda puts on her whole thing as an act, or if she's just like that. Her really bad job lying about not finding an idol didn't go well, but she did an amazing job at council, even managing to make Erik look like a dick even though it didn't matter. Now I know, she really is a good player, not just a sad eyed girl. They better take her out if anyone else wants to win.

Cirie continues to fly under the radar. If she goes with Natalie and Erik they could pick off Amanda and Parvati hopefully and she'd have a good chance.

I'm not sure about taking out Alexis instead of Natalie. I suppose it's a good move given that Alexis seems good natured about it all, whereas I'm sure Natalie would have been as pissed as Ozzy. Cirie and Erik now hold all the cards, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #306
Kodos
Resident Alien

That was AWESOME. The looks on their faces, and on the jury, were wonderful. So glad Amanda survived, because we're running out of people worth rooting for. Great episode. I do wish they'd taken out Natalie, but she would be easy to pound come final vote time.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #307
Swaggs
Coordinator

Is there anyone out there that isn't crushing on Amanda after that episode?

Sad to see James go, but that was a great episode. Eliza's expressions in the jury box crack me up.

I cannot see Parv or Natalie winning, so if the remaining three are smart, they will try to align with those two and get it done. Interestingly, Amanda is probably the most well-positioned to pull that off, since Parv actually seems loyal to her and Natalie has to be scrambling after losing her two lackeys (Jason and Alexis) in the last two episodes.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 AM   #308
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Now I know, she really is a good player, not just a sad eyed girl.
I got sick of that look last night. Those sad eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Natalie has to be scrambling after losing her two lackeys (Jason and Alexis) in the last two episodes.
Natalie lost Jason intentionally, so it's hard to call him a real lackey.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #309
Subby
lolzcat

One of the best episodes in the show's history. Amanda's acting job during Tribal was pretty incredible.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #310
Kodos
Resident Alien

When Erik won immunity, you knew tribal council was going to be interesting, as long as Amanda dug up immunity.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #311
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Natalie lost Jason intentionally, so it's hard to call him a real lackey.

True, but she could have drug Jason along and pretty well controlled his vote for the rest of the game. Without Jason and/or Alexis, she has to try and depend on Erik and Cirie.

Anyway, I don't see any way that Parv or Natalie win with the jury, so maybe those are who you want to take if you are one of the other remaining players.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #312
Autumn
Head Coach

I would think Erik, Cirie and Natalie would form an alliance to get rid of Parvati and Amanda. No one would want to bring Amanda into the final three with them, and her and Parv are too tight.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #313
Autumn
Head Coach

I would ally with Erik at this point. He has a good shot at winning all the immunities, and yet what's the chances the jury is going to vote for him? Might as well be on his side.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #314
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think Erik would beat Natalie and Parvati. I think Amanda would beat anyone and I think Cirie would beat anyone, but Amanda. So, the question for Erik/Cirie/Amanda is, given the choice, do you go with most deserving or who can you beat?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #315
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Swaggs, I think you are going to be disappointed this season. I have not read any spoilers so this is only speculation, but I think Parvati really is winning this whole thing. She has been strategic all game long and she has been doing proper damage control as she goes along. Combining strategy and a social game makes her the winner in my book. The only person she might not beat is Amanda but even that would be close.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #316
Subby
lolzcat

Ozzie wants Parv dead, though. James isn't voting for her either...I just think she has crossed too many people to be considered a possibility.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #317
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Ozzie wants Parv dead, though. James isn't voting for her either...I just think she has crossed too many people to be considered a possibility.

I'm not so sure about either of those. Ozzy is definitely holding a grudge at this point but it is hard to say whether he will vote that grudge or vote for the best strategic player. This is much like Todd and Jean-Robert last season. If Parvati strokes Ozzy's ego properly, she might be able to get his vote.

James' vote is totally up in the air. The fact that Parvati never voted him out will help. In the end, he will probably reward strategy.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #318
Dutch
"Dutch"

That was a great episode, despite the loss of James. For once I want to see one of the players I don't like get sent home. Oh well, here's hoping Natalie gets struck by lightening.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #319
kingfc22
Head Coach

Bravo! Bravo! Wish they would have gotten rid of Natalie though.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #320
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

So, can we pass a rule that says players can get antibiotics on the island if they need them? That's two very good players who've been lost to infections this year. It's one thing if somebody pyhsically can't handle the strain of being there, or they break a leg in a challenge, but enough with people getting kicked off for getting a little cut.

P.S. Officially in Anyone But Natalie mode. I can handle jerks and liars, but anyone who gives themselves credit for playing a great game when they haven't done anything also makes me way too angry.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #321
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I believe they do get antibiotics but the infections got to the point that they needed IV antibiotics and possible surgery.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #322
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I believe they do get antibiotics but the infections got to the point that they needed IV antibiotics and possible surgery.

That was my understanding too. Pretty sure they did give some antibiotics to Jonathan before they had to take him out, but it was simpyl too severe. Thought the same happened with James...

FM
Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #323
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Not sure anyone has really thought much about it, by prior to playing the idol Amanda may have pulled off one of the great moves in recent Survivor history. Remember her doe-eyed talk with Cirie, that ended with her pathetic "at least swear to me that if things were different, you'd be with me and Parvarti" line? It seemed odd at the time, but in hindsight it was obviously a setup.

How exactly is Cirie supposed to get out of this one now? If she sticks with it, she lose to Amanda. If she doesn't, Amanda can bury her from the jury.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #324
Jas_lov
College Starter

You can bet that if Amanda used her saving Erik against him last week, that she'll definitely use those words against Cirie this week. Cirie was just saying it to pacify a potential juror, but now they really do have the numbers. Erik or Amanda will most likely be gone next week.

What I want to know is if Cirie was in on the whole idol setup. Her reaction to Amanda playing the idol was not shock, but rather a smug grin. And if you watch the clip on the CBS website of the voting Cirie says, "We both know this is just going through the motions. It doesn't mean anything. All part of the plan." Is she refering to the plan to get rid of Amanda or the plan to use the idol?
Old 05-05-2008, 04:30 AM   #325
Mota
College Benchwarmer

When are they gonna learn to put allies on Exile Island instead of people they're trying to vote out? It's kinda been proven that if you have half a brain and some desire, that you can pull that idol on the first visit.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #326
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
When are they gonna learn to put allies on Exile Island instead of people they're trying to vote out? It's kinda been proven that if you have half a brain and some desire, that you can pull that idol on the first visit.

In her excitement, Alexis picked her allies to go with her on the reward. Once she did that, the EI choices were limited. Given the context that Alexis was playing for a final-5 of women and both Erik and James were left, sending any of the women seemed reasonable. She certainly didn't expect James to go home for medical reason and leave just the one guy. I'm also guessing that she didn't think far enough ahead to decide what to do if the one remaining guy won individual immunity. Poor planning, but not totally shocking given the situation.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #327
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think taking Alexis out was the wrong move, medicaly she may have to leave anyway and she had no chance to win a challange, I would have taken Natalie out.

Yeah. I was definitely thinking the same thing. Would have loved to see Natalie go home.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #328
General Mike
Pro Starter

Spoiler
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #329
Jas_lov
College Starter

I can't believe that worked. Erik is officially the dumbest Survivor ever.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #330
Ironhead
College Prospect

I think that actually ranks as the second dumbest Survivor move ever. I still think #1 is dolphin boy giving up at the final individual immunity challenge because he wanted Tom to like him.

Last edited by Ironhead : 05-08-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #331
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, that was the dumbest move ever.

I want to feel bad for him right now
Old 05-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #332
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- James has no room to laugh, he took 2 idols with him when he left
Old 05-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #333
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I feel bad for Erik. That is a humiliating way to get voted off.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #334
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Survivor has jumped the Shark for me. I mean how stupid can one human being possibly be? Where do they find these idiots at? He should just thank his lucky stars that he wont be able to end up winning the show because one of the girls would have probably talked him into giving them the million bucks.

How does one live that genious move down?

-Cork
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #335
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The problem is that he was thinking two steps ahead when he should've been worrying about the next step. That has been the problem the entire season.

Anyhow, this is probably the best season in a few years.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:22 PM   #336
Subby
lolzcat

Best season since all-stars.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #337
Kodos
Resident Alien

What an idiot!

And who else has a crush on Amanda. She is just smokin'!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #338
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork View Post
Survivor has jumped the Shark for me. I mean how stupid can one human being possibly be? Where do they find these idiots at? He should just thank his lucky stars that he wont be able to end up winning the show because one of the girls would have probably talked him into giving them the million bucks.

How does one live that genious move down?

-Cork

I thought jumping the shark was when a show threw some gimick in to try to save itself?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:37 AM   #339
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork View Post
Where do they find these idiots at?
Internet message boards?

Old 05-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #340
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola- James has no room to laugh, he took 2 idols with him when he left

James was pretty good about this, with his "I've lost my dumbest survivor ever crown!" comment.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #341
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
I think that actually ranks as the second dumbest Survivor move ever. I still think #1 is dolphin boy giving up at the final individual immunity challenge because he wanted Tom to like him.

That wasn't so much dumb strategy as it was an all-time psych-out. Stupid, but there were psychological factors at play there.

This Erik thing is on a whole other level of stupid. So stupid that it's hard to accept that it's even possible. I keep thinking maybe, as an alleged Survivor "fan," he WANTED to do something this crazy just to leave his mark on the show for all time.

I mean, kudos to the final 4 -- it's the first time I can remember that it feels like all four of the final 4 did something strategic to get there. But the competition certainly wasn't too imposing. Yikes. Like watching mean kids toy with retarded kids for their own amusement.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #342
Autumn
Head Coach

Definitely stupid, I can't believe Erik fell for it. But he showed he was really susceptible to psychological play, he really felt bad that he thought all these women hated his guts. I thought it was great he was getting as far as he did being so open and honest, and he's really great at challenges, but to let them play him like that, all the way to Cirie's idea for a performance at the tribal council itself --- ugh.

On the other hand, he had to do *something* if he wanted to win this game. He should have been cementing an alliance with Natalie and Cirie earlier, and he could have been in the final three. Either way this week we was pretty much out of that race.

Is there any individual immunity on Sunday, before the vote for final three? I'm fuzzy on that.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #343
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, there will some kind of immunity challenge before they go down to the final 3.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #344
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay, I couldn't remember that. Natalie better suit up for that challenge then.

I'll be interested to see if Cirie or Parvati make any play this Sunday. I don't see how they have a chance against Amanda in the final three, but neither are looking inclined to do anything about it from what we've seen. If they got together to blindside Amanda it would be good for all of them, I think, as each would have some shot at convincing the jury. However, it will mostly be up to Natalie, 'cause I don't think Parvati or Cirie could win a challenge.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #345
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm really hoping Amanda can win the challenge. If she makes the final three, she is in great position to take the million.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #346
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I'm really hoping Amanda can win the challenge. If she makes the final three, she is in great position to take the million.

why do you care if she wins
Old 05-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #347
Atocep
Coordinator

The last 20 minutes of that episode were the most uncomfortable and at the same time interesting that I've ever seen on this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

I'll be interested to see if Cirie or Parvati make any play this Sunday. I don't see how they have a chance against Amanda in the final three, but neither are looking inclined to do anything about it from what we've seen. If they got together to blindside Amanda it would be good for all of them, I think, as each would have some shot at convincing the jury. However, it will mostly be up to Natalie, 'cause I don't think Parvati or Cirie could win a challenge.

Amanda is a lock to win if she makes it to the end, but Cirie is probably just as deserving. She may have flown a bit too far under the radar because I don't think the players even realize how much of an impact she's had on the game. Parvati's best move would probably be letting Amanda carry her to the end and taking the $100k runner up prize.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #348
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
why do you care if she wins

She's hawt.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #349
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
She's hawt.

I say give the money to the ugly people. They need it more.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #350
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hmmm. It could encourage supplemental income via a Playboy shoot...