Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2006, 11:51 AM   #301
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sigh.

The majority of black voters in McKinney's district appear once again prepared to allow race to trump anything else she does. They have, it seems, willingly drank the kool-aid she prepared. It isn't her they're overly fond of, remember that she lost a race that contained parts of the same district, falling to at least relatively more sane black female candidate by 16 percentage points. Denise Majette then abandoned the seat to take an ill-advised run at the Senate, which saw her lose by the same 58-42 margin. That opened the door for McKinney's return, elected by many of the same voters who had previously rejected her. She's electable because she's an angry black female, which is what an adequate number of voters in her district identify with, an identification which trumps her being an utter & complete idiot. "She may be an idiot, but she's our idiot" sums it up pretty well IMO.

There have almost certainly been white politicians in other areas elected on the same basis, but that doesn't change the fact that McKinney's electability is also enhanced by her race.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #302
Dutch
"Dutch"

To be fair to black voters, their leadership tends to make their lives very uncomfortable when they don't vote the "properly". They are called sell-outs and Uncle Tom's. It's the most effective form of intimidation I've seen in the US, and the 85%+ turnouts by blacks to vote Democrat really haven't been rivaled by any other party this side of the Ba'ath Party.

So don't blame the average black voter, blame their leadership.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #303
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

i think congress would be more amusing if we had more angry black females
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #304
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
They are called sell-outs and Uncle Tom's.

Funny you should mention that, since McKinney's camp is notorious for it, not only toward black voters but toward anyone they perceive that "should be" for them but aren't.

Examples from the campaign against Majette included "On the night before the primary election, McKinney's father stated on Atlanta television that "Jews have bought everyone" in the election. She also reportedly called Majette a "Tomette" (a female version of an Uncle Tom)." And more recently they feuded publically with several gay rights groups in Atlanta, threatening to withdraw support from any measures concerning them in retaliation for their support for Majette.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #305
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth
Here's my quote again:

No, your first quote was:

Quote:
Are you saying that black people vote for dumb, offensive idiots?

Nice try, and an obvious example of what I described your favorite tactic as being: twisting words around to make them say something else.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #306
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To be fair to black voters, their leadership tends to make their lives very uncomfortable when they don't vote the "properly". They are called sell-outs and Uncle Tom's. It's the most effective form of intimidation I've seen in the US, and the 85%+ turnouts by blacks to vote Democrat really haven't been rivaled by any other party this side of the Ba'ath Party.

So don't blame the average black voter, blame their leadership.

I don't know - good ol' boys like you are pretty solid in their voting patterns as well. Heck, 50 years ago, you'd have been a perfect dixiecrat.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #307
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
Is this an admission that she's a dumb and offensive idiot?
That doesn't logically follow.

I really don't know enough about her to make any kind of judgement on her.
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #308
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Funny you should mention that, since McKinney's camp is notorious for it, not only toward black voters but toward anyone they perceive that "should be" for them but aren't.

Examples from the campaign against Majette included "On the night before the primary election, McKinney's father stated on Atlanta television that "Jews have bought everyone" in the election. She also reportedly called Majette a "Tomette" (a female version of an Uncle Tom)." And more recently they feuded publically with several gay rights groups in Atlanta, threatening to withdraw support from any measures concerning them in retaliation for their support for Majette.

Reading up a bit on McKinney back when this story first broke, I can't say that I'm surprised.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:12 PM   #309
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sigh.

The majority of black voters in McKinney's district appear once again prepared to allow race to trump anything else she does. They have, it seems, willingly drank the kool-aid she prepared. It isn't her they're overly fond of, remember that she lost a race that contained parts of the same district, falling to at least relatively more sane black female candidate by 16 percentage points. Denise Majette then abandoned the seat to take an ill-advised run at the Senate, which saw her lose by the same 58-42 margin. That opened the door for McKinney's return, elected by many of the same voters who had previously rejected her. She's electable because she's an angry black female, which is what an adequate number of voters in her district identify with, an identification which trumps her being an utter & complete idiot. "She may be an idiot, but she's our idiot" sums it up pretty well IMO.

There have almost certainly been white politicians in other areas elected on the same basis, but that doesn't change the fact that McKinney's electability is also enhanced by her race.

That was my impression - especially the "She may be an idiot, but she's our idiot" line. Now, I don't know enough about the specifics of Georgia politics, but is this a case where due to redistricting that McKinney is the only option for black voters ? Just scanning wikipedia, she seems to be the sole black delegate from Georgia (scanned Majette's record btw - looks a little more impressive that McKinney's ) - so at some level, ( given Georgia is what, 30% African American population) is this a case of we only have "one" black hope, and its better McKinney than no racial representation in the Congress whatsoever ?
Old 06-18-2006, 01:13 PM   #310
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
I don't know - good ol' boys like you are pretty solid in their voting patterns as well. Heck, 50 years ago, you'd have been a perfect dixiecrat.

Except I'm in the military, dumbass, not actually from the place you make your geopolitical stereotype.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #311
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Woops - just saw Sanford Bishop. My question still stands fwiw.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:15 PM   #312
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Except I'm in the military, dumbass, not actually from the place you make your geopolitical stereotype.

Shit, so you're immune from being a homophobic jackass ? Not quite.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #313
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
No, your first quote was:

Nice try, and an obvious example of what I described your favorite tactic as being: twisting words around to make them say something else.
I hate to break it to you, but what I said is exactly what JiMG meant to say. He says that black people will vote for offensive idiots because they are black and taht race trumps everything. So...I was right. Now I'm the bad guy?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is a racist comment. Every group, all else being equal, votes for a member of its own. That's just common sense. More blacks vote democratic because they share the same issues. And every group pressures its members into voting with the interests of the group: Union, Wall Street, whatever. Look at Dutch even, he compares black people to the Baath party.

Last edited by MrBigglesworth : 06-18-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #314
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Shit, so you're immune from being a homophobic jackass ? Not quite.

haha, you lose again.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:19 PM   #315
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Look at Dutch even, he compares black people to the Baath party.

Now Dutch is a class A dumbass, but he didn't compare black people to the Baath - he suggested that the black leadership was akin to the Baath - a cute trick, but that is what he said.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #316
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Now Dutch is a class A dumbass, but he didn't compare black people to the Baath - he suggested that the black leadership was akin to the Baath - a cute trick, but that is what he said.
I'm going to have to disagree. He said:
Quote:
...the 85%+ turnouts by blacks to vote Democrat really haven't been rivaled by any other party this side of the Ba'ath Party.
Clearly he is blaming the whole thing on the 'leadership', but he is definitely here comparing the black demographic to the Baath party.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #317
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but what I said is exactly what JiMG meant to say. He says that black people will vote for offensive idiots because they are black and taht race trumps everything. So...I was right. Now I'm the bad guy?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is a racist comment. Every group, all else being equal, votes for a member of its own. That's just common sense. More blacks vote democratic because they share the same issues. And every group pressures its members into voting with the interests of the group: Union, Wall Street, whatever. Look at Dutch even, he compares black people to the Baath party.

So, JiMGA is still a racist, even though you admit that what he said is generally true, even 'common sense'.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:23 PM   #318
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

Wow, now Crapshoot and Mr Bigglesworth can't figure out how extreme they should be. Maybe ya'll should take this to PM and then get back to me.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:24 PM   #319
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
So, JiMGA is still a racist, even though you admit that what he said is generally true, even 'common sense'.

No what Mr Bigglesworth said was that Mr Bigglesworth isn't racist, so long as all blacks vote for his folks.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:24 PM   #320
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wow, now Crapshoot and Mr Bigglesworth can't figure out how extreme they should be. Maybe ya'll should take this to PM and then get back to me.

Hey - defending your brand of stupidity isn't an easy task for anyone.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #321
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
No, maybe I wasn't being clear. All else being equal, someone is more likely to vote for someone they perceive as part of their group, but to see that and claim that 'race trumps everything for the blacks' is racism, because that it just not true. Black people will vote for black people, the same that JiMG and I will vote for white people, all else being equal.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #322
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Hey - defending your brand of stupidity isn't an easy task for anyone.

It's tough work, no doubt. Take a break and have a mineral water.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:41 PM   #323
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just scanning wikipedia, she seems to be the sole black delegate from Georgia

Umm, not sure what you were looking at but ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_Bishop
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lewis_(politician)
http://davidscott.house.gov/
(edit to add - the wiki entry for David Scott is pretty sparse & the primary search on his name brings up some astronaut)

And that doesn't mention Jim Marshall, a white (D) who represents the area around Macon which has one of the highest concentrations of black voters outside of metro Atlanta and has defended against several black challengers through the years, the counterpart of how Sanford Bishop won in a majority white district by defeating a black (R) candidate.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-18-2006 at 01:43 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #324
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Umm, not sure what you were looking at but ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_Bishop
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lewis_(politician)
http://davidscott.house.gov/
(edit to add - the wiki entry for David Scott is pretty sparse & the primary search on his name brings up some astronaut)

And that doesn't mention Jim Marshall, a white (D) who represents the area around Macon which has one of the highest concentrations of black voters outside of metro Atlanta and has defended against several black challengers through the years, the counterpart of how Sanford Bishop won in a majority white district by defeating a black (R) candidate.

sorry - fixed that in my post right after that - didn't see those names initially.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:15 PM   #325
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Still wrong. He said the black people in this particular district did that. Not all black people everywhere as you are trying to claim. The direct quote:

Quote:
In this particular case, the answer appears to be yes.

You keep leaving out the parts where he specifically calls out this particular group / region. It happens elsewhere as well (Marion Barry, or the political power wielded by Farrakhan), also happens in the white community (David Duke), but in no case has anyone but you tried to paint a broad brush over race in general.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:14 PM   #326
sabotai
General Manager

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If the south still wants to secede, please let them.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:54 PM   #327
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
No, maybe I wasn't being clear. All else being equal, someone is more likely to vote for someone they perceive as part of their group, but to see that and claim that 'race trumps everything for the blacks' is racism, because that it just not true. Black people will vote for black people, the same that JiMG and I will vote for white people, all else being equal.

All else is never equal. Not in politics, not in job searches, not in love and not in war.

I simply refuse to accept racism as anything more than ugly behavior, and it should not be rewarded. The concept that you should only vote your skin color is straight out of the KKK handbook.

McKinney disgusts me. And if the people of Georgia can't see past the color of her skin and keep re-electing her, it's just one wasted seat in Congress.

I am so tired of people who spend all their time trying to divide us. Ever hear the phrase, "divide and conquer?" Well, this is how you conquer a stupid population. Get them thinking about trivial differences and fighting each other.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:26 PM   #328
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
McKinney disgusts me. And if the people of Georgia can't see past the color of her skin and keep re-electing her, it's just one wasted seat in Congress.

One of the fonder memories I have of voting (not that I have all that many) is voting for Majette over McKinney in the primaries, and being lumped into the group of Republicans who "crossed over" to vote her out.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #329
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
I am so tired of people who spend all their time trying to divide us. Ever hear the phrase, "divide and conquer?" Well, this is how you conquer a stupid population. Get them thinking about trivial differences and fighting each other.

I am reminded of your "rural vs. urban" diatribes of a few weeks ago....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #330
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Still wrong. He said the black people in this particular district did that. Not all black people everywhere as you are trying to claim. The direct quote:

You keep leaving out the parts where he specifically calls out this particular group / region. It happens elsewhere as well (Marion Barry, or the political power wielded by Farrakhan), also happens in the white community (David Duke), but in no case has anyone but you tried to paint a broad brush over race in general.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Someone asked who would vote for someone crazy or something (I forget the actual wording), JiMG, in so many words, said: "black people". I'm not the one that generalized that, if he had wanted to be specific there he would have said, "the people of her district", but he said, "check the demographics". That's a clear cut racist statement. Let's just admit that and move on, it's not the dumbest thing he has ever said. No need to try and defend it because you like him or hate me.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #331
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
All else is never equal. Not in politics, not in job searches, not in love and not in war.

I simply refuse to accept racism as anything more than ugly behavior, and it should not be rewarded. The concept that you should only vote your skin color is straight out of the KKK handbook.
I think you are fighting a war on straw. It's not that people ONLY vote their skin color, that's obviously false. It's that people are more likely to vote for someone of their skin color. And that isn't necessarily racism, it's just that people vote for people they identify with and it's just a fact of human psychology that people idenify with people that are like them, whether it is race, religion, hair color, whatever.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #332
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's that people are more likely to vote for someone of their skin color. And that isn't necessarily racism, it's just that people vote for people they identify with and it's just a fact of human psychology that people idenify with people that are like them, whether it is race, religion, hair color, whatever.

Umm ... Biggly ... that's what I said, which seemed to be what upset you in the first place.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #333
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
It's that people are more likely to vote for someone of their skin color. And that isn't necessarily racism

Unless they are white people. Then it's racist.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #334
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Umm ... Biggly ... that's what I said, which seemed to be what upset you in the first place.
Somehow Johnny Boy I doubt that if someone asked how a corrupt Delay kept getting re-elected, that you would point out the fact that it was because of all the white people in Sugarland. So is McKinney the only black person in the county willing to run for office? No. Actually, her opponent in the last election was Catherine Davis who also is a black woman.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #335
duckman
Pro Starter

Mr. B, just curious, but I'm wondering why you waited nearly 2 weeks to decide to come trolling about this? It's almost like you were bored, so you decided to try to get Jon worked up over a conversation that ended 12 days ago. You should think about getting a hobby.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”

Last edited by duckman : 07-01-2006 at 12:35 PM.
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #336
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman
Mr. B, just curious, but I'm wondering why you waited nearly 2 weeks to decide to come trolling about this? It's almost like you were bored, so you decided to try to get Jon worked up over a conversation that ended 12 days ago. You think about getting a hobby.

His fresh batch of mail-order crazy pills arrived just this morning. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited by Dutch : 07-01-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #337
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Mr. B, just curious, but I'm wondering why you waited nearly 2 weeks to decide to come trolling about this? It's almost like you were bored, so you decided to try to get Jon worked up over a conversation that ended 12 days ago. You should think about getting a hobby.
Uh duckman, it's you here that is fitting the definition of a troll. My posts are all talking about McKinney and devoid of personal attacks, while yours here is completely off topic and full of personal attacks.

As to your question, check my post history for a clue. You'll find that my last 5 (six now!) are all in this thread, separated by 12 days, with posts almost every other day before that. Hmmmm....what could possibly be the explanation?!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #338
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
His fresh batch of mail-order crazy pills arrived just this morning. Coincidence? I think not.
I liked you better when you actually tried to have a conversation. For the past couple of months you've just been trying to be funny...and it doesn't work.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #339
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This coming from you, jackass ?
Old 07-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #340
st.cronin
General Manager

somebody please move this thread to sportsdigs.com

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #341
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
Uh duckman, it's you here that is fitting the definition of a troll. My posts are all talking about McKinney and devoid of personal attacks, while yours here is completely off topic and full of personal attacks.

As to your question, check my post history for a clue. You'll find that my last 5 (six now!) are all in this thread, separated by 12 days, with posts almost every other day before that. Hmmmm....what could possibly be the explanation?!

Calling you out about starting shit from out of the blue and I'm a troll? That's some funny shit there, homecheese. And devoid of personal attack?

Quote:
That's a clear cut racist statement.

What was that again?

On the subject of your post history, I don't personally give a shit that you were gone for 12 days. It must have a miserable experience for you to do whatever you were doing for that time and couldn't get that final word in. Again, you really think about taking up some kind of hobby.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
Old 07-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #342
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
I liked you better when you actually tried to have a conversation. For the past couple of months you've just been trying to be funny...and it doesn't work.

And you keep trying to be an assclown, heh, at least you're having better luck.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #343
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
This coming from you, jackass ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bigglesworth
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

My response was directed towards Mr Bigglesworth's favorite line.

Lighten up, Francis.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #344
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
On the subject of your post history, I don't personally give a shit that you were gone for 12 days. It must have a miserable experience for you to do whatever you were doing for that time and couldn't get that final word in. Again, you really think about taking up some kind of hobby.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #345
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Calling you out about starting shit from out of the blue and I'm a troll? That's some funny shit there, homecheese. And devoid of personal attack?

What was that again?

duckman, I think you need to look up in the dictionary what a personal attack is, because I don't think you know what one is. Secondly, I think you need to look up the phrase, 'out of the blue', because it also does not mean what you think it means (since you seem to think that I came 'out of the blue' for responding to someone's post directed at me, while you did not for jumping into a thread you were not involved in just to personally attack someone). Thirdly, you are the one that brought up my posting habits by asking me why I posted 12 days later, so when I respond to your question it's bad form to say you don't 'give a shit' about it. If you didn't 'give a shit', you shouldn't have asked about it.

Duckman, I'm sorry if I kicked your dog or slept with your wife or did whatever to get you pissed at me. I apologize. You can stop with the repeated trolling out of the blue.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #346
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
duckman, I think you need to look up in the dictionary what a personal attack is, because I don't think you know what one is. Secondly, I think you need to look up the phrase, 'out of the blue', because it also does not mean what you think it means (since you seem to think that I came 'out of the blue' for responding to someone's post directed at me, while you did not for jumping into a thread you were not involved in just to personally attack someone). Thirdly, you are the one that brought up my posting habits by asking me why I posted 12 days later, so when I respond to your question it's bad form to say you don't 'give a shit' about it. If you didn't 'give a shit', you shouldn't have asked about it.

Duckman, I'm sorry if I kicked your dog or slept with your wife or did whatever to get you pissed at me. I apologize. You can stop with the repeated trolling out of the blue.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #347
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

And I think that....if Jesse Ewiak were here today....he would advise...that you don't mention that all your posts have been in a political thread.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #348
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin

And I think that....if Franklinnoble were here today....he would mention....that this thread was on sportsdigs two weeks ago.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #349
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
And I think that....if Jesse Ewiak were here today....he would advise...that you don't mention that all your posts have been in a political thread.

I was going to mention this, but I was afraid biggles would call me a troll. He likes calling people "troll", I've noticed.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #350
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin

Well played, sir.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote