Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #301
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
Hellspirit completed all but Long Jack's missions and Angel Azul forget it, she skipped through most of them.

The only shot is Lori Swifthands (lvl 30)... she's currently working on those missions. I'll have to get my game on and finish them by Saturday for this to be possible.

Just wondering...might those still be open to higher level toons? My level 36 had started Steph Peebles but stopped loooong ago. When I went back to her, I think she gave me to Long Jack, who gave me to Tobias. Ran a couple of missions of his after I was long past his level, and then he gave me Lars. I can still run missions for both Tobias and Steph (just did the other day), not sure about Lars though. But I'm thinking I still probably could, even though I've outlevelled it?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:39 AM   #302
Bad-example
College Starter

I think I read somewhere that if you have outlevelled a contact you can still get their missions if you are sidekicked down to the right level range.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:38 PM   #303
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Not that anyone gives an enhancement, but I've canceled my account. The straw that broke my back was trying the CoV beta and finding the same gameplay.

This game was repetitive even in the very begining, but with the companionship of Raider's Army, hoopsguy, B-E, ant, DC, and others, I managed to find a reason to log in. Can't do it anymore.

We need to find a new game in which to gather. DDO is looking like something I might consider.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 10-25-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:44 PM   #304
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What's DDO? I'm going to give the next issue a shot (since my subscription will most likely be up on November 25th). I've been looking to get into another game, but I've been satisfied just playing my old games. I wish my wife would find my Rise of Nation CDs.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #305
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, got PowerPoll up to Level 5 last night, I now understand why controllers are fun.

"You can't even get close.. CHILLBAIN! Block of Ice!" Instant kills any white (and close to kill yellows"

"Oh, your friend got close? Force BOLT (knocks him away, in mid air, he gets chillbained and then the Block of Ice "
Old 10-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #306
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
What's DDO? I'm going to give the next issue a shot (since my subscription will most likely be up on November 25th). I've been looking to get into another game, but I've been satisfied just playing my old games. I wish my wife would find my Rise of Nation CDs.
Dungeons and Dragons Online.

I vowed to never touch EQ, WoW, or any of the other fantasy-based shitpiles out there now. I like my Fantasy RPG's the old way; sitting around a table with friends, dice, and beer.

However, DDO doesn't look half-bad. I figure it may be worth at least a 1 month subscrip.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 10-25-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #307
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hmmmm....I was going to check out EverQuest finally but I may just hold out for DDO instead. The problem that I have is that I buy into the hype and the game never delivers (see Star Wars Galaxies and Matrix Online). I'm hoping I can get an Xbox 360 so that will take up much of my time until Christmas...after that I'll probably be looking for a new game.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:11 PM   #308
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
BTW, got PowerPoll up to Level 5 last night, I now understand why controllers are fun.

"You can't even get close.. CHILLBAIN! Block of Ice!" Instant kills any white (and close to kill yellows"

"Oh, your friend got close? Force BOLT (knocks him away, in mid air, he gets chillbained and then the Block of Ice "

Yes yes - one on one controllers can be sweet. I took out a council this way (was red conned I think) with my grav controller near the train in Steel. As long as I kept him locked down with Grav Distortion - and I could reapply before it wore off - he had no shot. Especially with propel doing double damage.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #309
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Not that anyone gives an enhancement, but I've canceled my account. The straw that broke my back was trying the CoV beta and finding the same gameplay

Doh...another cancellation

If you have Saturday night free and your account has time left on it, come join us this weekend for a bit of fun!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:16 PM   #310
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I think he is out November 3rd?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:20 PM   #311
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Hmmmm....I was going to check out EverQuest finally but I may just hold out for DDO instead. The problem that I have is that I buy into the hype and the game never delivers (see Star Wars Galaxies and Matrix Online). I'm hoping I can get an Xbox 360 so that will take up much of my time until Christmas...after that I'll probably be looking for a new game.

EverCrack sucks the big one... don't buy it.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #312
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Thanks for the advice. I said I was thinking about it, that's all.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #313
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I said I was thinking about it, that's all.

I think you may want to try out Dark Age of Camelot. Nice single player experience, huge zones, and if you want to try out PVP, they have a nice system for getting alternate skills for PVP only. Otherwise the single player experience is solid and siege battles are nice too. I hear World of Warcraft is good, but I never played it, so I can't really say too much about it.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:15 AM   #314
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, Issue 6 went live and I just cancelled my account (last day is November 25th). I was hoping it wouldn't before this weekend. Do you guys mind starting a little later on Saturday? Like 9 EST, 6 Pacific?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:54 AM   #315
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Well, Issue 6 went live and I just cancelled my account (last day is November 25th). I was hoping it wouldn't before this weekend. Do you guys mind starting a little later on Saturday? Like 9 EST, 6 Pacific?

Sounds good
Old 10-28-2005, 01:31 PM   #316
Bad-example
College Starter

6 pm, check.

I will see about doing the respec on Gumbercules today. I can spare some influence if anyone is having issues affording their respec.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:33 PM   #317
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Me too. Also, I'll be on tonight about 7-8 EST (4-5 Pacific) if you wanted to do the striga stuff.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:37 PM   #318
Bad-example
College Starter

Since Gumbercules already has access to the Hess TF, maybe better to go after access to the Katie Hannon TF in Croatoa? Just in case we get a chance to try that one before everyone is gone.

Last edited by Bad-example : 10-28-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:04 PM   #319
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okey. I'll be on later tonight.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #320
Bad-example
College Starter

Gumercules completed his respec and it was pretty painless. I only had to buy 5 enhancements afterwords, losing some damage but gaining a couple enhancements in slow and reduce endurance cost. Early returns are good facing even and +1 villains. I expect he will be a bit squishier when facing tougher foes though.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:22 PM   #321
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FWIW, I was just on and it's seriously laggy. I have no idea what the "Gladiator unlocked" means. I also can't get on the CoH boards since I cancelled my account. They seriously fucked up this game.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:14 PM   #322
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Notes

Issue 6: Along Came a Spider

New events in the far off Rogue Isles are beginning to have an effect on Paragon City.

PvP Zones:

The contested zones of Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, and Warburg are open for exploration by Heroes. There are a number of new missions available in these zones. Eventually, both Heroes and Villains will have access to these zones and be able to compete for the prizes they offer. These are PvP zones. If you enter these zones, you will be subject to attack by other players, except for small safe zones.

Supergroups:

Characters in Supergroup mode can now gain Prestige and Salvage. These will be useful to players who own both City of Heroes and City of Villains in base building.

* There are new Badges that can be earned by Supergroups.
* Newly expanded Supergroup ranks and Supergroup permissions.
* Supergroup Leaders can change the colors and emblem of the Supergroup after creation.
* Players can now choose to hide their Supergroup emblem when in Supergroup mode.

Graphics:

* More levels of graphical detail available.
* Character texture quality and world texture quality can be set separately now.
* New refresh rate and vertical sync options.
* New graphics options to enable Depth of Field and Bloom visual effects on supported video cards.
* Changed World Detail slider maximum to 200%.

Game:

* Improved game stability

Arena

* Gladiator Arena: you can now earn Badges to gain followers who will fight for you in special Arena competitions.

UI

* New Options window with many newly available player options.
* The confirmation screens for adding and deleting enhancements can be now be disabled.
* New pet window available from the Options window that displays the health of your pets, and grants the ability to unsummon specific pets.
* Macros can now be edited directly from the power tray.
* You can now give inspirations to teammates by dragging them on to the team window.
* New targeting commands: /target_custom_near, /target_custom_far, /target_custom_next and /target_custom_prev. To get a list of parameters, type the command without any parameters.
* UI changes to Trade Window. You can now trade salvage and type in the amount of influence to be traded.

Powers:

* Fixed a bug in the Thunder Clap power. It was Auto Hit, meaning Defense based characters had less chance of mitigating its effects than intended. This change affects Defenders and Controllers Storm Summoning sets, Banished Pantheon Witch Doctors, Circle of Thorns Air Casters, one of the Heroes Captured by the Devouring Earth and Skyfall from the Tsoo.
* Super Reflexes Auto powers now add some minor damage resistance that improves as the caster loses HP.
* Reduced the Endurance cost of Dark Melee/Siphon Life and Dark Blast/Life Drain.
* Pool powers: Stealth, Grant Invisibility, Invisibility, Combat Flight, Weave, Maneuvers, Vengeance, and Combat Jumping now Buff Defense to ALL attacks. This change was also made to all Primary and Secondary Stealth and Invisibility powers (including, but not limited to, Cloak or Shadows, Cloaking Device, Superior Indivisibility, and Group Invisibility). All Defense powers should now stack properly with each other. All powers short and long Help Text was updated to indicate this change.
* Improved Damage DeBuff of Tanker/Ice Armor/Chilling Embrace.
* Defender/Controller Empathy Resurrect Powers Endurance cost reduced.
* The Lightning Storm pet was generating Detoggle messages erroneously.
* Sonic Repulsion and Sonic Dispersion:
o Sonic Buff/Clarity and Sonic Dispersion powers have been switched in the order in which they can be chosen. This change affects Defenders and Controllers.
* Glue Arrow should no longer fade when the target dies.
* Poison Gas Arrow should no longer fade when the target dies.
* Disruption Arrow no longer accepts Damage Resist Enhancements. They were extraneous and had no effect.
* Flash Arrow should have Debuff FX more visible throughout the duration now.
* Changed Long and Short Help of Moment of Glory to clarify which Defenses it offers.
* Martial Arts/Eagles Claw critical hit now properly does smashing instead of lethal damage.
* Fixed bad short help text in Spines/Taunt. It said it was an AoE, but it is a Single Targeted Taunt.
* Fixed Dark Miasma/Tar Patch cat animation from sometimes locking you into an animation loop.
* Fixed Empathy/Adrenaline Boost animation from activating before the power was recharged.
* Removed Resist Damage Enhancements from Acid Arrow.
* Some Electrical Blast, Electrical Melee and Electrical Mastery powers now have a chance to return some of the endurance they drain back to the caster.
* Force Field/Insulation Field now also buffs defense to AoE Attacks. Dispersion Bubble now also buffs defense to Melee and Ranged attacks. This will allow Force Field powers to better stack with all defensive powers, even Super Reflexes, and even with multiple shields from multiple allies.
* Slightly Modified some Scrapper Martial Arts damage scales, end costs and recharge times.
* Reduced the Terrorize duration of Dark Melee/Touch of Fear.
* Slightly reduced Perception Radius buff from Leadership/Tactics.
* Dark Embrace no longer accepts Taunt Enhancements.
* Death Shroud now accepts Taunt Enhancements.

Stores:

Most stores and contacts that only sold 10 types of Enhancements of a given type will now sell all Enhancements of that type. (In other words, we fixed key stores that were selling just the Power 10 to sell all Enhancements of that type).

Debt Cap:

We have cut in half the amount of Debt you can carry at a maximum at any given time. Previously it was set at 10 defeats worth of Debt, it is now set at 5 defeats. (Defeats inside a mission map count as ½ a defeat since they generate only ½ the Debt). If your character has more Debt than the current cap when they log in, they will have their Debt lowered to that of the current cap.

Enhancement Diversification:

This is a new system being implemented into City of Villains and City of Heroes (when City of Villains launches) to promote the use of more different types of Enhancements in powers. Using a system of diminishing returns, when slotting the same type of Enhancement into a power, you will begin to see less effect of that Enhancement when the bonus reaches a certain threshold. The effectiveness of Enhancements you are slotting in can now be seen in the Enhancement Slotting screen.

What does this mean?

Simply, if you are slotting Enhancements and your bonus to a single attribute reaches 70% through Enhancements, you will begin to see a drop in the amount each Enhancement should be giving you. If you exceed 100% bonus, then the drop will be more severe. We have added to the Enhancement Slotting screen a display of how much bonus you are getting from your Enhancements. When you are adding in Enhancements that will be reduced in effectiveness you will be able to tell.

Note that this only affects Enhancements of the same bonus. So you can have a Damage bonus of 66.66%, and an Accuracy bonus of 66.66% (from 2 Single Origin (SO) Damage and 2 SO Accuracy Enhancements) and you will not be affected in any way. Adding in another SO Damage Enhancement will not give you a 99% bonus, but a 94% bonus, because the damage bonus now exceeds 70%.

A good rule of thumb is “2 Single Origins Enhancements (SOEs) = No Reduction. 3 SOEs = Slight Reduction. 4, 5 or 6 SOEs = Major Reduction”

(Also note that the above examples are for Enhancements that are +8.35% bonus for Training, +16.6% bonus for Dual Origin (DO), and +33.3% bonus for Single Origin)

What if I don’t have more than 2 SOs of any one type in my powers already?

Then you have nothing to worry about, your character will function exactly as they did previous to this feature being added.

Does this affect Dual Origin Enhancements (DOEs) at all?

Yes. If you have 5 DOEs of all the same type you would normally get an 83% bonus. Because of Enhancement Diversification your bonus will actually only get an 82% bonus. If you have 6 DOs of all the same type, instead of a 100% bonus you will have a bonus of 95%.

Are Hamidon Enhancements affected?

Yes. The bonuses that a Hamidon Enhancement gives you that exceed 70% will be reduced. Because of this change, Hamidon (and other dual-purpose) Enhancements are now combinable. You can only combine dual-purpose Enhancements that affect ALL the same bonuses (so you can combine Damage/Accuracy with another Damage/Accuracy, but not with a Damage/Range Reduction).

This totally cripples my character! I thought you were done balancing the game?

All the Issue 4 and 5 balance adjustments were done with this system in place internally here at Cryptic. All playtests, QA checks, difficulty adjustments and balances have been done with Enhancement Diversification in mind since March 2005.

What about Stamina? I need this to make sure I have enough Endurance to power my powers.

Because of the effect that Enhancement Diversification has on the Stamina power, we are lowering the Endurance cost of every non-Auto power in the game by 13.33%.

What if a power only takes one type of Enhancement to begin with?

You have a couple of choices. You can respec the character and only go so far as putting a couple slots into the power, or you can go with more slots and eke out a little more effectiveness out of the Enhancements.

How can I tell when I am not getting full effectiveness out of an Enhancement?

On the Enhancement Slotting Screen you will now see what bonuses Enhancements are giving you, and what effect slotting the next one will have. This will help you make the choice as to what Enhancements to slot over what.

Does it matter what order I slot Enhancements in?

No. The reduction in effectiveness is calculated off the total bonus you are receiving, so it does not matter what order you slotted the Enhancements in.

How is combining Enhancements affected by this?

Enhancements that are higher level than you give you a bonus above normal Enhancements, if you combine Enhancements to get a higher bonus, this may put you over the point at which a reduction in effectiveness takes place.

Some Enhancements give me a 33.33%/16.66%/8.35% bonus, and others give me a different bonus, how are these affected by Enhancement Diversification?

There are four categories of Enhancements, Schedule A, Schedule B, Schedule C, and Schedule D. The majority of Enhancements fall into the Schedule A category. This means that an even-level Training Origin Enhancement gives an 8.35% bonus, an even-level Dual Origin Enhancement gives me a 16.66% bonus, and an even-level Single Origin Enhancement gives a 33.33% bonus. All of the examples above assume using Schedule A Enhancements, since these are the most common.

Schedule B Enhancements are Defense Buff, Damage Resistance, Range Increase and To Hit Buff. These have a smaller bonus because a small shift in these values has a larger impact on gameplay. With these Enhancements a Training Origin Enhancement gives a 5% bonus, a Dual Origin Enhancement gives a 10% bonus, and a Single Origin Enhancement gives a 20% bonus. Enhancement Diversification for these bonuses kicks in at 40% with a severe drop at 60%.

What Enhancement Types are what bonuses (schedules)?

Schedule A Enhancements (33.33%, 16.66%, 8.35%) are:

Accuracy, Confuse, Damage, Defense DeBuff, Disorient, Drain Endurance, Endurance Discount, Fear, Fly, Heal, Hold, Immobilize, Intangible, Jump, Recharge, Recovery, Run, Sleep, Snare, Stun, Taunt, To Hit Debuff

These bonus types start to see reduction when the bonus is 70% or more, and a severe reduction at 100% bonus or greater. So your bonuses when slotting in multiples of the same Single-Origin Enhancement work out to:

1 SO: +33.3%

2 SO: +66.6%

3 SO: +95%

4 SO: +100%

5 SO: +105%

6 SO: +110%

Schedule B Enhancements (20%, 10%, 5%) are:

Range, Defense Buff, Resist Damage, To Hit Buff

These bonus types start to see reduction when the bonus is 40% or more, and a severe reduction at 60% bonus or greater. So your bonuses when slotting in multiples of the same Single-Origin Enhancement work out to:

1 SO: +20%

2 SO: +40%

3 SO: +56%

4 SO: +59%

5 SO: +62%

6 SO: +65%

Schedule C Enhancements (40%, 20%, 10%) are:

Interrupt

This bonus type starts to see reduction when the bonus is 80% or more, and a severe reduction at 120% bonus or greater. So your bonuses when slotting in multiples of the same Single-Origin Enhancement work out to:

1 SO: +40%

2 SO: +80%

3 SO: +112%

4 SO: +118%

5 SO: +124%

6 SO: +130%

Schedule D Enhancements (60%, 30%, 15%) are:

Knockback

This bonus type starts to see reduction when the bonus is 120% or more, and a severe reduction at 180% bonus or greater. So your bonuses when slotting in multiples of the same Single-Origin Enhancement work out to:

1 SO: +60%

2 SO: +120%

3 SO: +168%

4 SO: +177%

5 SO: +186%

6 SO: +195%
Old 10-29-2005, 08:44 AM   #323
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Since I can't get on the CoH boards, why is the game so laggy? I'm glad I cancelled my account since it seems like really messed up this launch of CoV/issue 6.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:37 AM   #324
Thomkal
Head Coach

It's laggy likely because the City of Villains head-start started this morning.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:47 AM   #325
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Since I can't get on the CoH boards, why is the game so laggy? I'm glad I cancelled my account since it seems like really messed up this launch of CoV/issue 6.

Have you changed your graphics settings? After changing them, everything ran smoother. I do have occassional lag, but it's not as bad as it was when I got the "Gladiator unlocked" message.

You're right, they really messed up the game. One of the reasons this game appealed to Antmeister and I was because it ran incredibly smooth from the get-go. If they don't change that soon, I'm sure others will cancel as well.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #326
Bad-example
College Starter

The Hess TF went well. The giant robot setting for the climax was really well done.

Is there is interest in doing another TF before accounts expire? Gumbercules has unlocked the TF in Croatoa, Katie Hannon. http://cityofheroes.gameamp.com/coh/...skForces/9.php
Old 11-01-2005, 01:27 PM   #327
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example
The Hess TF went well. The giant robot setting for the climax was really well done.

Is there is interest in doing another TF before accounts expire? Gumbercules has unlocked the TF in Croatoa, Katie Hannon. http://cityofheroes.gameamp.com/coh/...skForces/9.php

I am down with that and I must admit that that task force was well done. The giant robot as well as the countdown before the base exploded was a nice change from other TFs.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:11 PM   #328
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
I am down with that and I must admit that that task force was well done. The giant robot as well as the countdown before the base exploded was a nice change from other TFs.

Even though it ended in your demise? Heh

I enjoyed the TF very much and am down for the next one.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #329
Bad-example
College Starter

ED hasn't hurt Gumbercules' solo abilities much. I rolled him through a CoT/Freakshow mission on Unyielding without dying, although it was a challenge.

Are we gonna try and do a TF this week? 5pm?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:07 AM   #330
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
ED hasn't hurt Gumbercules' solo abilities much. I rolled him through a CoT/Freakshow mission on Unyielding without dying, although it was a challenge.

Are we gonna try and do a TF this week? 5pm?

I'm down with it... 5pm pacific sounds good.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:36 PM   #331
Bad-example
College Starter

It looks like I am the only FOFCer that still plays on Victory. It feels weird being leader of a supergroup with no other active members. I still play but not very much. I do like the xmas bonus jet packs...flying is more fun than I expected...and the xmas gifts are a pretty cool holiday event.

I am starting to look at other MMORPG but will probably stick with CoH a while longer, perhaps get Eternal Focus to 50 before moving on. I have played EQ, EQII, SWG and WoW, with WoW the only one I would consider trying again.

Recommendations on other games welcomed.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:09 PM   #332
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, I can tell you how that is. I have the same deal on Virtue - the SG is basically made up of all my alts at this point. I do play a lot, but unfortunately have run into a bit of a roadblock in my story arcs, as I have the Envoy and Countess Crey, and even though I've leveled a couple of times (I am +2 on the Envoy I believe), I still haven't beaten them. Came pretty close, but Envoy kept healing himself and the Countess got through my defenses when she was down to about 15% health. So between that and having a jet pack, I've decided to play my Mind/Kinetics guy a lot more, and am having a lot of fun with him.

I still need to play CoV a lot more too.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:49 PM   #333
Bonegavel

Quote:
It looks like I am the only FOFCer that still plays on Victory. It feels weird being leader of a supergroup with no other active members. I still play but not very much. I do like the xmas bonus jet packs...flying is more fun than I expected...and the xmas gifts are a pretty cool holiday event.

I am starting to look at other MMORPG but will probably stick with CoH a while longer, perhaps get Eternal Focus to 50 before moving on. I have played EQ, EQII, SWG and WoW, with WoW the only one I would consider trying again.

Recommendations on other games welcomed.

That's a shame. I really wish I could get back into it, but they ruined it for me. Tweaking the living fuck out of the game when they needed to add content.

Some day they will realize that, with this amount of variables, they will never balance the game. Each tweak busts something else, ad infinitum.

This was the first MMO that I really liked the way the characters moved and fought, however, and I hope other games pick up on what they did right and steal it while making a fun game.

Jack Emmert needs a punch in the balls to bring him back to earth.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:08 AM   #334
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
I do play a lot, but unfortunately have run into a bit of a roadblock in my story arcs, as I have the Envoy and Countess Crey, and even though I've leveled a couple of times (I am +2 on the Envoy I believe), I still haven't beaten them. Came pretty close, but Envoy kept healing himself and the Countess got through my defenses when she was down to about 15% health.

The Countess is pretty tough, but the Envoy is a real nasty bastage. That is a rough story arc since you have to kill him so many times.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:12 AM   #335
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
That's a shame. I really wish I could get back into it, but they ruined it for me. Tweaking the living fuck out of the game when they needed to add content.

Some day they will realize that, with this amount of variables, they will never balance the game. Each tweak busts something else, ad infinitum.

This was the first MMO that I really liked the way the characters moved and fought, however, and I hope other games pick up on what they did right and steal it while making a fun game.

Jack Emmert needs a punch in the balls to bring him back to earth.

I completely agree that they should have kept adding content instead wasting their resources on pvp.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Old 12-21-2005, 11:32 AM   #336
Raiders Army
Coordinator

In retrospect, I really miss the game a lot (pre-issue 5). It was fun, and even more fun playing with the FOFC group. My family enjoys spending more time with me though.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #337
Bonegavel

Quote:
In retrospect, I really miss the game a lot (pre-issue 5). It was fun, and even more fun playing with the FOFC group. My family enjoys spending more time with me though.

al-BEANO

Old 12-28-2005, 06:21 PM   #338
Lorena
Unregistered

Antmeister and I were going through our computer games and I found my CoH Pre-order disc. I wasn't sure if I should throw it away or what... but I kept it... just in case. I really miss hanging out with the FoFcers and hope we can all join up again in this or another MMORPG.

The PvP really killed it for me... I didn't like being forced to go to that zone for quests. I didn't die once, but the lag... OMFG, the lag was too much.

Anyway, I'm rambling on now. I'm sorry you're the only FOFCer in the SG BE
Old 12-28-2005, 06:23 PM   #339
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
al-BEANO
LOL. My wife still gives me crap about that.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:58 PM   #340
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
The PvP really killed it for me... I didn't like being forced to go to that zone for quests. I didn't die once, but the lag... OMFG, the lag was too much.

I think they changed this - I've been sent to the contact for Bloody Bay, who was stationed at the bottom of the building with the helicopter entrance in Skyway instead of actually in the zone. Not sure about Siren's Call or Warburg.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:44 PM   #341
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Antmeister and I were going through our computer games and I found my CoH Pre-order disc. I wasn't sure if I should throw it away or what... but I kept it... just in case. I really miss hanging out with the FoFcers and hope we can all join up again in this or another MMORPG.

I never felt "forced" into the pvp zones but I sure didn't like them, even though I was never attacked by anyone.

Ah well, I ran into the same situation as Cuervo72 mentioned. I started getting Eternal Focus' mission list clogged up with missions impossible to solo, so I cancelled my account.

I have been looking at other MMORPG but have not found anything yet.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:48 PM   #342
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Ah well, I ran into the same situation as Cuervo72 mentioned. I started getting Eternal Focus' mission list clogged up with missions impossible to solo, so I cancelled my account.

I have been looking at other MMORPG but have not found anything yet.

Aww man, you cancelled it? There's no reason to go back then. Antmeister and I will start looking at other MMORPG after we move. We've been considering Dungeons and Dragons when it's released, but we shall see.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:19 PM   #343
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm anti-pvp too, which is a shame because I think some of the content in the zones (explored before there were villains) might be good. I just have little taste for fighting other players.

My main is at lvl 43 now, and luckily is a little more freed up with missions having gotten help with the Countess. Being very careful about taking story arcs w/o av's in them currently - which rules out the Nemesis arc (which is too bad, I *love* beating on Nemesis troops), anything from Tina McIntyre, or the Madeline Casey arc, or anything past level 45. That leaves Melvin and the Malta (almost through) and a Rikti arc. So yep, forced teaming. I suppose I'll do it, but I won't be that thrilled about it.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:41 AM   #344
lytic
College Benchwarmer

If you guys move to WoW, I'm on the deathwing server. I played CoH for a while, but it got too repetative for me, WoW has impressed me.
My main is a 51 Warlock named lyticvirus and my alt is a 11 Shaman named zylonvirus.

If you guys go to DDO, I'll give it a whirl.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:49 AM   #345
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Right now I'm not sure if I'll go with it since I am deep into my Xbox 360 Madden and NBA 2k6 franchises (as well as PGR3). I'll see how I am in a month or two.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #346
Bonegavel

I will jump into whatever MMO the group decides. The group from this board was the only reason I stayed with CoH for as long as I did.

I want to try out DDO. As for WoW, it looks even more repetitive than CoH.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #347
Bad-example
College Starter

I have been playing a lot of CoH, trying to "get my money's worth" before my account becomes inactive on the 12th. Althought I like to solo the majority of the time, the Supergroup was definitely the most fun.

I still have WoW and might reactivate my account at some point but am concerned they never did get paladins fixed, and that was the only class I really enjoyed.

DDO sounds interesting.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #348
lytic
College Benchwarmer

The new patch fixed pallies, but why would you want to play alliance?
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 01-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #349
lytic
College Benchwarmer

dola
That would be patch 1.9 the pre-expansion patch.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 01-05-2006, 01:49 AM   #350
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lytic
The new patch fixed pallies, but why would you want to play alliance?

The board chatter at the official site seems to suggest paladins didn't get fixed, unless one uses the word more as a euphemism for "neutered".

I have played paladins from pen and paper D&D through Meridian 59 and EQ.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn