Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #301
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Rix gets a yellow card for backing into Pablo Mills.

1st minute: Crisp ball movement on our part from Rix to Teale on the right wing.. he immediately sends a fast pass into the box for Benayoun.. he immediately shoots.. from 25 yards out.. curving shot.. it sails over the keeper's left shoulder.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

8 minute mark: Pablo Mills trips Benayoun just outside the box.. yellow card for Mills.

13 minute mark: Swayne runs into Osorio.. Osorio crumples to the ground in pain.. he is hurt bad. He has to be carried off the pitch! I bring Wall in for him.

33 minute mark: Matt Potter body checks Graham.. Yellow card on Potter.

35 minute mark: Wall heads it up the pitch to Paulo at midfield.. Paulo turns on the speed.. burns three guys down the right sideline.. crosses to Benayoun in the middle of the box.. he kicks it immediately.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: Up 2-0. Millwall has over 17,000 fans here today.

64 minute mark: Giuliani on for Graham.

80 minute mark: Potter with a good pass to Simeon Jackson.. his first good opportunity.. he shoots from 10 yards out.. great shot.. excellent job of Paddy to block it.. Wall clears the rebound.

Game over. 2-0 win for us

We outshot them 10-8 (6-2 on target)

Jarzebowski won MoM, 9 for form, 28 of 36 passes, 6 of 6 tackles, 19 of 20 headers(!), 2 interceptions, 1 foul drawn.

Every starter except for Osorio had an 8 for form. Wall had a solid 7.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #302
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info: Ricardo Osorio has suffered a severe calf strain. He will be out for about 2 weeks.

Bournemouth have been relegated from League One.

Cambridge has been relegated from League One.

Dave whelan was particularly thrilled with our exciting 2-0 win over the talented Millwall team.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:04 PM   #303
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 4, 2010 -

The Wolves lost their game. We are now three points ahead of 2nd placed Everton and 10 points ahead of 3rd placed Leicester. With 5 games to go, 2 wins will secure promotion. We also guaranteed that we will at least have a playoff spot today.

Tomasz Jarzebowski and David Graham were both selected to the Championship Team of the Week.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #304
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
As far as the stadium, obviously the number of people it can hold is important. The fact that it is an all-seater means that people won't have to stand. In contrast, my former Harrogate stadium help 3800, but only 450 seats. The other 3350 people were left standing up. As far as under-soil heating, it helps keep the ground from freezing up in cold weather and helps the game play more crisply (least that is my understanding.) I'm hoping to eventually get a huge domed stadium that of course has all seater capacity

Undersoil heating will let you play more games, frozen pitches can cause game cancellation. as

There are no true domed stadiums in FM, btw, just like there really isn't (except for one-off friendlies) in real life.

most of them have what's known as covered seating however..

best way to describe it is like the Cowboys home stadium
Old 03-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #305
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 10, 2010 -

Today we host Ipswich. They are currently in 17th. They have a very good defense. Right fullback Jon Otsemobor is a good player. They recently borrowed Pascal Chimbonda from Reading and he is playing well at left fullback. Centrebacks Aidan Collins is also playing very well but their other DC Steve Foster is suspended this match. Keeper Scott Carson is playing well lately. The midfield is average with Matthew Etherington, their left winger, being the best player. Striker Peter Crouch is a good player and he has 10 goals on the year. Shefki Kuqi plays alongside him and has 8 goals on the season.

We are even odd favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

GK: Paddy
DC: Wall
DC: Hutchinson
DC: Jarzebowski
ML: Lunt
MC: Stewart
MC: Benayoun
MC: Spiller
MR: Teale
SC: Begeorgi
SC: Paulista

S1: Gerken
S2: Giuliani
S3: Longthorn
S4: Sarr
S5: Kelly
Old 03-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #306
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Undersoil heating will let you play more games, frozen pitches can cause game cancellation. as

There are no true domed stadiums in FM, btw, just like there really isn't (except for one-off friendlies) in real life.

most of them have what's known as covered seating however..

best way to describe it is like the Cowboys home stadium

Thanks for the clarification
Old 03-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #307
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Pascal Chimbonda runs into Paulista.. Paulista crumbles to the ground.. he is hurt.. bad. I have to put Giuliani on for him.

14 minute mark: Begeorgi bodychecks Chimbonda hard! I love his spirit in protecting his teammate... I love it even more when he doesn't get a yellow card Chimbonda is hurt, but looks like he will try to come back in a bit.

40 minute mark: Collins bodychecks Giuliani.. Giuliani is hurt.. he is going to keep playing.

43 minute mark: Chimbonda slams into Giuliani.. he looks hurt again.. he insists he can keep playing... I'll have the physios really check him out at halftime.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 15,000 fans here today.

Giuliani looks ok to play and really wants to play.

49 minute mark: Teale with a great run up the right sideline.. crosses to Begeorgi who breaks behind the defense.. gets it in the box about 15 yards out.. powerful shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

58 minute mark: Whitehead collides with Stewart.. Stewart will have to come off.. I put Longthorn in for him.

83 minute mark: Tommy Miller gets a yellow card for pulling Longthorn's jersey.

88 minute mark: Wall with a good defensive play to foil an offensive attack.

90 minute mark: Wall with a good defensive play in the box to tackle Wallace.

Game over: 1-0 win for us

We outshot them 16-2 (2-0 on target)

Gary Teale wins MoM, 8 for form, 38 of 46 passes, 0 tackles, 3 of 5 headers, 1 interception, 3 runs, 1 assist.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #308
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Michael Stewart has suffered a calf strain and will miss about 2 weeks.

Wellington Paulista has suffered a twisted ankle and will miss about a week.

Everton won and are still 3 points behind us with 4 games to go. Leicester also won and are still 10 points behind us. If we win one more game, we guarantee promotion to the EPL.

Charlton have been relegated from the EPL.

The MK Dons have been relegated from the English Championship.

Chesterfield has also been relegated from the Championship.

Port Vale have won Promotion to League One.

Stockport has won the English Conference National Title.

Harrogate are currently 21st in League 2 but are 9 points out of the danger zone of being relegated. One more win secure their place in League Two again next year.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:45 PM   #309
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 11, 2010 -

Today Chelsea won their 5th consecutive EPL title!
Old 03-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #310
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 13, 2010 -

Liam Nicell has told the club's website reporters that he wants to be traded if he isn't going to start playing regularly in the top 11. He wants to be loyal to the club, but he also wants to play football.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:51 PM   #311
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 13, 2010 -

Today we travel to play Derby. Derby is currently in 18th place. Derby has an average defense and a good offense. Their offense is led by striker Leroy Lita who has 14 goals on the year. Grzegorz Rasiak is settling in nicely and has 10 goals. Their third striker Veigar Pall Gunnarson has 10 goals also. Their defense is led by right fullback Nathan Doyle and centreback Chris Morgan. Left winger Lee Holmes is a creative player. Their keepers have been poor most of the year. They have alterned Mart Poom and Lewis Price. Price is likely to start this game. He has played better his last few starts.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

ML: Elliott
MC: Rix
SC: Graham
SC: Paulo

S3: Sarr
S4: Longthorn
Old 03-12-2005, 06:14 PM   #312
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: One of our most beautiful plays of the year.. Jarzebowski intercepts the ball. kicks it long to Elliott.. he crosses to Spiller who is just outside the box.. Spiller with a great pass between two defenders to Paulo who heads it down to Benayoun's feet in the middle of the box.. Benayoun immediately shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper had no chance. GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is Benayoun's 25th goal of the year.

13 minute mark: Rix passes it into the box for Benayoun.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. great save by the keeper.

18 minute mark: A flurry of shots.. Elliott.. blocked by a defender.. teale.. blocked by the keeper... Paulo blocked by a defender.. Benayoun.. blocked by the keeper.. finally they clear it.

21 minute mark: Teale gets a yellow card for arguing an offside call.

39 minute mark: Steve Turner gets a yellow card for pulling Paulo's jersey.

40 minute mark: Teale plays it down the right sideline for Paulo.. he gets to it.. crosses to Benayoun in the middle of the penalty box.. he heads it.. into the crossbar.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. Their are over 23,500 fans at Derby's stadium today.

68 minute mark: Benayoun gets it at midfield.. passes it to Spiller.. who shoots.. hard curving shot.. the keeper barely manages to parry it despite the shot coming from 25 yards away.. Spiller has such a good shot when he uses it.

73 minute mark: Kelly on for Benayoun and Giuliani on for Graham.

80 minute mark: Lita gets a breakaway.. trying to fake out Paddy.. he backpedals.. Lita shoots.. Paddy saves it cleanly.

82 minute mark: Paulo gets a yellow card for diving.

84 minute mark: Rix passes to Spiller just outside the box.. hard shot from Spiller.. over the bar.

85 minute mark: Kelly intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Giuliani on the left edge of the box.. he passes it to Teale who heads it to Paulo in the box.. Paulo fakes left.. dribbles right.. shoots.. lower left corner..GOAL!!!! 2-0.

87 minute mark: Hutchinson gets a yellow card for a trip on Gunnarson.

Game over. 2-0 win for us. If my math is correct, we just secured promotion to the EPL! Of course, I really want the Championship Title.

We outshot them 22-6 (9-3 on target)

Gary Teale wins MoM, 9 for form, 21 of 25 passes, 5 of 8 tackles, 1 of 2 headers, 1 interception, 2 runs, 1 assist.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #313
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Stuart Elliott bruised his shin and will miss approximately 5 days.

We have been officially promoted to the EPL! Now, we just need to win the Championship Title.

Joao Paulo's 15 assists is a new team record.

Everton won again and are still 3 points behind us. 2 wins in the next 3 games will secure the League Title for us. Our GD is plus 54. Theirs is plus 35 (second best in the league.)
Old 03-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #314
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 14, 2010 -

Simon Rolfes has returned to full training today.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #315
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 17, 2010 -

WOW!!! For the first time ever, an agent has approached my club with video of their client to see if I'm interested in acquiring him. In this case, an agent representing Steven Gillespie has invited me to have a look at a video of his client. The video shows highlights of Bradford City's 3-1 English League One Victory over Hull. The agent is encouraging me to make an offer for his client if I'm impressed with the forward in the video.

The video shows Gillespie scoring two impressive goals at the 39 and 46 minute mark, and him assisting on a 3rd goal at the 90 minute mark. He really does look good. He is only 25. I decide to send my scouts to review this player further, as I want to know more about this kid who is currently valued at 1.3 million.

Doncaster has been relegated from the English Championship.

Port Vale has won the English League Two Title.

Oxford has won promotion to the League One.

Tamworth has won the English Conference South title.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #316
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 18, 2010 -

Today we host Nottingham Forest in a match that is being televised on national TV. They are currently in 14th place. They have a good offense, but their defense has been weak the second half of the season. Their leading striker is Sam Parkin who has 17 goals. Michael Vickers is second on the team with 6 goals. David Johnson has 5 goals and is also a good striker. They have recently acquired Mark Delaney on loan from Sunderland and he has become their best defender, but even he hasn't been able to stop their keeper from facing a lot of shots. Stuart Taylor is a good keeper, but he has cracked under the pressure of facing so many shotsand has been giving up over 2.5 goals/game in the last 10 games.

We are heavy 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the high 50's.

ML: Lunt
MC: Rix

S4: Rolfes (freshly back from injury but lacking match practice. If we get a big lead, he will get on the pitch.)

The announcers believe that Yossi Benayoun is my key player as he is an explosive scorer. Stuart Taylor is the most important player for Nottm Forest.

I love their prediction: I'm surprised the bookies are even taking bets on this win. Nottm Forest can't get a win for love nor money at the moment, and Wigan should have this game won by Half-time.

I hope they are right.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:49 PM   #317
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
April 17, 2010 -

WOW!!! For the first time ever, an agent has approached my club with video of their client to see if I'm interested in acquiring him. In this case, an agent representing Steven Gillespie has invited me to have a look at a video of his client. The video shows highlights of Bradford City's 3-1 English League One Victory over Hull. The agent is encouraging me to make an offer for his client if I'm impressed with the forward in the video.

The video shows Gillespie scoring two impressive goals at the 39 and 46 minute mark, and him assisting on a 3rd goal at the 90 minute mark. He really does look good. He is only 25. I decide to send my scouts to review this player further, as I want to know more about this kid who is currently valued at 1.3 million.

Doncaster has been relegated from the English Championship.

Port Vale has won the English League Two Title.

Oxford has won promotion to the League One.

Tamworth has won the English Conference South title.

Pretty cool about the agent/video selling to you...Any reasons to why they go to certain clubs? A talented 25-year-old, would be movement towards building a "foundation of youth" with the four current players (afforded you can keep them-can you re-do deals in early or middle of contracts or extentsions?)

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-12-2005 at 07:04 PM.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #318
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

18 minute mark: Benayoun passes to Paulista who shoots from 25 yards.. curving shot.. barely wide left.

20 minute mark: Mark Delaney bodychecks Benayoun.. Benayoun is hurt and will have to exit the game. I put Kelly on for him.

25 minute mark: Begeorgi gets it on the left side of the box.. passes it to Paulista on the right side of the box.. he shoots.. Taylor saves it nicely.

Halftime: Boring first half. The announcers were wrong to some extent. 0-0 at the half. We have over 15,000 fans here today.

81 minute mark: Stuart Taylor has been brilliant blocking shots all game.. Kelly passes to Begeorgi in the box.. Begeorgi passes it back to Kelly in the center of the box.. Kelly shoots upper right corner.. Taylor blocks it.. Paulista gets the rebound.. powerful kick.. into the right side of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

89 minute mark: Teale passes it down the right sideline.. Paulista gets it.. crosses to Kelly.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Taylor punches it over the bar.

Game over. 1-0 win for us.

We outshot them 24-1 (6-0 on target)

Stuart Taylor won MoM and really played well.

The TV announcers feel we should have won by a larger margin. I agree, but I'm just happy we won.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #319
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Pretty cool about the agent/video selling to you...Any reasons to why they go to certain clubs? A talented 25-year-old, would be movement towards building a "foundation of youth" with the four current players (afforded you can keep them-can you re-do deals in early or middle of contracts or extentsions?)

I think they approached me because they know we are being promoted to the EPL and they want to go to the top level of play.

I agree that he would be a good move towards the youth movement, but I'll take a closer look at him. The game has attribute masking, and without scouting him about half of his attributes are currently masked. I did like what I saw on the video tape though.

You can re-do deals at any time that you want. Players can also request that their deals be redone. I'm expecting several of my players to do that now that we will be playing at the highest level of football. Players can become quite unhappy if you refuse to renegotiate.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #320
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Benayoun injured his neck and will miss about 5 days.

Our 6 games won in a row between March 20th, 2010 and April 18th, 2010 is a new team record according to our team statistician.

Everton only tied their last game against West Ham with a final score of 2-2!

This means that a tie or a win in either of our next two games secures the league title for us!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #321
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 21, 2010 -

I watched the semifinals of the European Championship Cup today.

In the first match (first leg) Arsenal beat Juventus 2-0 at home. Javier Saviola scored at the 64 minute mark on an assist from Jermaine Pennant who passed into the box. At the 88 minute mark, Ian Burgess passes to Thierry Henry who had a fabulous strike from 18 yards out.

In the second match (first leg) Manchester United tied Barcelona 1-1 at home. Barcelona's Robinho scored first at the 9 minute mark after a great pass from Cristiano Ronaldo (my favorite Wonderkid in CM 03/04). Manchester United's Rooney earned a penalty shot at the 75 minute mark which James McFadden converted to tie the game.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:42 PM   #322
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 24, 2010 -

Today we travel to play Watford in a match that could clinch the League Title for us. Watford is currently in 21st place. Their offense has been inconsistent all year long. Their leading scorer is striker Hameur Bouazza. Their keeper is their best player. David Preece has played very well this year. Fitz Hall and Nick Davies have been the best defenders recently. Kieran Richardson is on loan from Southampton and he is a skilled midfielder.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining and temperatures are in the low 50's.

DC: Osorio
MC: Rolfes
SC: Graham
SC: Paulo

S4: Wall
Old 03-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #323
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Benayoun passes to Paulo in the box.. hard shot.. keeper saves it easily.

21 minute mark: Paulo gets the ball on the right wing.. crosses for Elliott.. the keeper comes out to punch it.. Spiller gets it.. shoots.. hard shot.. open net.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

30 minute mark: Rolfes passes to Benayoun in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper saves it.

42 minute mark: Elliott passes down the left sideline to Graham.. he heads it to Benayoun in the center of the box.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. wide right.

44 minute mark: Coke takes a corner kick.. Diafutua is by the near post.. he outjumps Osorio.. heads it.. into the corner of the net. GOAL. 1-1 tie.

46 minute mark: Rolfes passes into the box for Paulo.. he shoots.. barely over the bar.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. Watford has over 15,000 fans here today.

52 minute mark: Graham takes a free kick from 35 yards out.. floats it into the box from the left side of the pitch.. Teale heads it..into the lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

55 minute mark: Richardson with a breakaway.. Paddy comes out to meet him.. he shoots.. Paddy saves it!

71 minute mark: Rolfes played a brilliant game in his first action, but he is tired. I put Longthorn on for him. I also put Giuliani on for Graham and Kelly on for Benayoun.

76 minute mark: Teale with a corner kick finds Osorio by the far post.. he heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

Game over! 3-1 win!

We outshot them 26-10 (13-3 on target)

Teale wins MoM, 10 for form, 44 of 47 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 2 runs, 2 assists, and 1 goal!

Most Importantly, we just won the English Championship Title!!
Old 03-12-2005, 08:12 PM   #324
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

First the relatively unimportant News:

Scunthorpe won the Conference North.

FC Bayern have won their 5th consecutive German First Division Title.

Everton have won promotion to the EPL.

Walsall have won promotion to the English Championship.

Boston Utd has been relegated from English League One.

Brentford has won promotion to English League One.

Exeter has been relegated from League Two.

Leyton Orient has been relegated from League Two.

Most Importantly: We have officially been declared the English League Championship Title Winner!

Here is the early edition news story:

Wigan Fans are in a jubilant mood after Christopher Engles led them to the incredible feat of winning the English Championship. A fan's spokesperson announced that Engles was undoubtedly one of the best managers around. The entire Wigan board could not contain their delight following the team's triumph.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #325
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 28, 2010 -

Gary Teale and Simon Rolfes were both selected to the Championship Team of the Week.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #326
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 28, 2010 -

Today our reserves won the English Reserves Group 3 Title

Barcelona hosted Manchester united and beat them 2-1 to win 3-2 on aggregate. Barcelona's first goal came on a great shot by Robinho who received a pass from Rafael Marquez. The second goal was on a shot by Ronaldinho who received a pass from Rafael Marquez. Manchester tried to even things up with a goal by Alan Smith that was set up by a great pass from Damien Duff, but it wasn't enough to secure the win.

Arsenal lost to Juventus 2-1 today, but they won 3-2 on aggregate. The deciding goal for Arsenal was scored by Thierry Henry at the 60 minute mark and was set up by a pass from Saviola.

Barcelona and Arsenal will face either other in the final.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #327
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1st, 2010 -

Fabrizio Melara has returned to full training today.

Tomasz Jarzebowski suffered a groin strain in practice today and will miss about 2 weeks.

The Wigan Board is delighted with my performance.

Gary Teale was selected as the English Championship Player of the Month. Andy Reid of Everton came in 2nd, and Clarke Carlisle of West Ham came in 3rd.

Ipswich's Michael Whitehead was selected as the Young Player of the Month. Michael Collins of Norwich was selected 2nd, and Roberto Lanotte of QPR came in 3rd.

I was selected as manger of the month for leading the team to victory in all 5 of our league games this month. Micky Adams of Everton came in 2nd, and Kevin Keegan of Leicester came in 3rd.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:33 PM   #328
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Party at the Doc's house tonight!
Old 03-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #329
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1st, 2010 -

Walsall have won the English League One Title.

Swansea have won promotion to the English Championship.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #330
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Party at the Doc's house tonight!

My cats were looking at me oddly as I was cheering and clapping at the computer.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:37 PM   #331
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 2, 2010 -

My souts looked at Steven Gillespie. They don't feel he is good enough to be signed to our team. They notice that he has poor team work, poor off the ball skills, poor determination in pratice, only average speed. He does have good passing and excellent finishing ability. He just signed a deal with the MK Dons (he had signed before I got the videotape, and I'm not inclined to pay the 1.3 million they want for him at this time.

Real Madrid has sacked Paco Melo.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #332
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

My cats were looking at me oddly as I was cheering and clapping at the computer.

What about the wife?
Old 03-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #333
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What about the wife?

She is at work
Old 03-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #334
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
What about the wife?

i was thinking the same question.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #335
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Congrats on another successful season. I assume this is a good thing for your chances of getting one of your dream teams, correct?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #336
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

congrats doc!

Now go kick some ass in the Premiership!!!

FM
Old 03-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #337
condors
College Starter

congrats! hopefully you will be in contention for europe qualification race next season!
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:58 AM   #338
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks guys. Barkeep, I definitely think this will help my chances of getting hired by one of the big 4

I plan on it FM.

Condors, I think that would be an amazing accomplishment. I'm just hoping to avoid relegation and if I get into the middle of the table it would be a great season.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:15 AM   #339
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
DARN! Fabrizio Melara broke his collarbone today in practice and will miss the next 2 months of the season (essentially all of the remaining season.)
Dr. Eaglesfan27's Avoid Injury rating is just going down the tube.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:18 AM   #340
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
As far as Nice, they actually were relegated out of the top league 2 years ago, but they are a good squad. Mansare has played well for them this year. He has 8 assists and 4 goals in 24 appearances. His most impressive attributes to me are his 17 dribbling, 17 first touch, 17 technique, 15 passing, 17 off the ball, 17 acceleration. He has good pace at 15. He has good penalty taking skill as well at 16. I think he'll be a very good player for us.
Flair and creativity?
Old 03-13-2005, 02:22 AM   #341
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Congratulations on the title and the promotion. Good show, eh!
Old 03-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #342
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thanks guys. Barkeep, I definitely think this will help my chances of getting hired by one of the big 4

I plan on it FM.

Condors, I think that would be an amazing accomplishment. I'm just hoping to avoid relegation and if I get into the middle of the table it would be a great season.

Would you turn down the Big 4 if you have the abilities and resouces to make Wigan a real cotender, if you have a real attachment to the club?
Old 03-13-2005, 12:47 PM   #343
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would you turn down the Big 4 if you have the abilities and resouces to make Wigan a real cotender, if you have a real attachment to the club?

Excellent question. Manchester United is my favorite club IRL, so I know I wouldn't turn them down. In FM, I've always wanted to manage Thierry Henry, and Arsenal will never let him go in the game. That is the biggest reason that I want to manage them, but Henry is starting to get up there in years now that I'm in 2010. I might turn Arsenal down. Chelsea is another club that I've always wanted to manage due to their amazing finances. I don't think I would turn Chelsea down if they offered me a deal. I don't have any big draw to Liverpool except that I would like to win championships with them because I've never done it, and I've been to a game of theirs in real life and thought the atmosphere was great.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:53 PM   #344
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Would be interesting though, and fun, to see if you can get Wigan up in the elite? I would have a hard time leaving a team, building a level of attachment and pride in them.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #345
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Chelsea is another club that I've always wanted to manage due to their amazing finances. I don't think I would turn Chelsea down if they offered me a deal.

yeah..,

so i'm starting at the top in my first real game of FM...

68,000,000 pound transfer budget.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:41 PM   #346
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would be interesting though, and fun, to see if you can get Wigan up in the elite? I would have a hard time leaving a team, building a level of attachment and pride in them.

If I don't get the offer in a few years, I will become attached to this team, and it will become very hard to leave it. I'm already becoming attached to a few of our players.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:41 PM   #347
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 2, 2010 -

Today we host Crystal Palace in the final game of the season. Despite this being a meaningless game for us, I'm playing my starters. Crystal Palace is currently 11th in the Championship. Striker Dexter Blackstock is leading them in scoring with 12 goals. Richard Chaplow their midfielder is their second leading goal scorer with 9 goals. Right back John Halls plays steady defense. Their keeper Graeme Maclachlan took over midseason and he has been average in goal.

We are 4-7 favorites to win the game.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 60's.

DC: Osorio
MC: Rolfes

S3: Paz
S4: Melara (freshly back from injury)
Old 03-13-2005, 08:44 PM   #348
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Make sure you show them up for stealing away Elliott from you next year....Though, moving up to EPL, and his age (going on 32 next season, right?), and the incoming arrival of your one Bosman player from Nice (France), who seems to be younger and more skilled, might not be a huge blow. Would Elliott be effective in the EPL? I'm not sure when players start to "slide down" in the skills and talent (age, when do you watch for the slide?)

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-13-2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #349
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

32 minute mark: Spiller crosses to Elliott who heads it to Begeorgi in the box.. he shoots.. good save by the keeper.

37 minute mark: Osorio gets a yellow card for pulling Chaplow's jersey.

44 minute mark: Spiller intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Rolfes.. he passes ahead into the box to Begeorgi who burns a defender.. shoots.. powerful shot.. upper right corner of the net.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Paulista was hurt just before halftime. He insists he can continue, but I'm going to pull him for Giuliani.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. Only 10,000 fans here today (I thought there would be more to celebrate the end of this great season.)

60 minute mark: Elliott has picked up a small injury. I put in Kelly for Elliott (ending Elliott's Wigan Career.) I also sub in Melara for Benayoun.

Game over. Boring game. Our guys played disinterested all game long. Still our defense limited scoring opportunities.

We outshot them 6-4 (3-3 on target)

Simon Rolfes wins MoM, 8 for form, 29 of 32 passes, 2 of 5 tackles, 1 of 4 headers, 1 interception, 1 assist.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:56 PM   #350
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Make sure you show them up for stealing away Elliott from you next year....Though, moving up to EPL, and his age (going on 32 next season, right?), and the incoming arrival of your one Bosman player from Nice (France), who seems to be younger and more skilled, might not be a huge blow. Would Elliott be effective in the EPL?

I think Elliott is a significant loss because he is so good. As you are about to see in my year end summary, he consistently had the highest average form. He was an every other game player due to his age, but he is probably better skilled than my new guy in quite a few ways. In particular, he is awesome at heading the ball. Hopefully, the new guy can perform nearly as well as Elliott.