Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2006, 10:19 AM   #301
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
I suck at art. I mean, did you look at the default logos I included? However, there is full documentation (which isn't much) on what format the endzone and midfield logos need to be for the game to use them. So any intrepid artist could create logo packs for any league they wanted to (hint hint nudge nudge).

I'll investigate where I'm pulling the city abbreviations from. Probably not grabbing the correct universe versions or something.

Well the old FOFViewer is using helmets from whichever league you're using. Alternatively, use the default helmets?

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #302
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
Well the old FOFViewer is using helmets from whichever league you're using. Alternatively, use the default helmets?
No it's not. It's using whatever helmets you put in its FOF_logos folder. I guess I could use helmets from the FOF directory and put them in the endzone, but those aren't really endzone or midfield logos. And I have no real room to put them elsewhere in the UI.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:59 AM   #303
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
No it's not. It's using whatever helmets you put in its FOF_logos folder. I guess I could use helmets from the FOF directory and put them in the endzone, but those aren't really endzone or midfield logos. And I have no real room to put them elsewhere in the UI.

Is there a place to put a league logo? Also some sort of logo for playoff games depending on Conference and round of playoffs? Not that important, but would be nice to have.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:40 PM   #304
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Is there a place to put a league logo? Also some sort of logo for playoff games depending on Conference and round of playoffs? Not that important, but would be nice to have.
Not yet, but there could be Not a bad idea for 4.0.3, as I already know which games are playoff games. I don't know which conference, though, so the likelihood is I'd just use the league logo for all playoff games.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #305
Coder
College Prospect

Ran this week's IFL-games in the viewer and here are some further points:

Colors
I never thought they were going to be an issue but it's strange that you've grown so used them in the old FOFViewer. I loved seeing the green in the 'Neers when we were in possession. Is it possible to have a "league config" file? Not sure exactly how, but it would definately add to the immersion factor. I'm talking about the play-by-play now, just like in FM/CM, having the background in the main-color and the foreground in the secondary color.

Stats

I miss being able to see "running" stats for passingyards and rushing yards etc (i.e. stats being updated during gameplay). I'm guessing that's what the box-score etc is supposed to be about, but at least for the last game I watched I didn't get any stats at all.

Larger Display of Key items

I'd like to see that downs and the gameclock in a slightly larger font in a more suitable place, preferrably slightly above the field, along with the current gamescore.. sort of like an NFL-scoreboard. I can't tell you exactly why this would make more sense, it's just that it feels better to see that above the field rather than below. Could be just me though, but at least a larger font would make sense.

Summary

This is supposed to be constructive criticism. The viewer so far is awesome! I love seeing the "current drive" info, as do I like being able to see the "running" commentary in the lower right area in case I missed a certain comment.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #306
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ran this week's IFL-games in the viewer and here are some further points:

Colors
I never thought they were going to be an issue but it's strange that you've grown so used them in the old FOFViewer. I loved seeing the green in the 'Neers when we were in possession. Is it possible to have a "league config" file? Not sure exactly how, but it would definately add to the immersion factor. I'm talking about the play-by-play now, just like in FM/CM, having the background in the main-color and the foreground in the secondary color.

This is certainly possible if there is a desire for it.

Quote:
Stats

I miss being able to see "running" stats for passingyards and rushing yards etc (i.e. stats being updated during gameplay). I'm guessing that's what the box-score etc is supposed to be about, but at least for the last game I watched I didn't get any stats at all.

Working on it. There's a fair amount of work here to make sure penalties are correctly accounted for, but it is my current task.

Quote:
Larger Display of Key items

I'd like to see that downs and the gameclock in a slightly larger font in a more suitable place, preferrably slightly above the field, along with the current gamescore.. sort of like an NFL-scoreboard. I can't tell you exactly why this would make more sense, it's just that it feels better to see that above the field rather than below. Could be just me though, but at least a larger font would make sense.

All suggestions welcome on this. I'm on about my fifth iteration of that bar trying to get all the key info in and make it work.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:28 PM   #307
gstelmack
Pro Starter

4.1.0 Released!

Changes include:
  • Interrogator correctly handles custom city lists.
  • Game Viewer now starts each game paused.
  • Game Viewer now tracks a bunch of stats.
  • Game Viewer now animates the ball during each play.
  • LogFileProcessor now shows progress as it parses each selected log.
  • LogFileProcessor now has a "Summary" option that dumps a summary.csv file with some collected information about each game. This is used for occasional statistical checks, such as what impact weather has on each game (which prompted this feature).
I'll be collecting / fixing bug reports (especially on the Game Viewer stats) for the next week or two, then look into some visual look improvements for Game Viewer (re-arranging UI elements, adding formations to the field). Key things to look for in the stats are mis-handling of penalties (did I negate a play that shouldn't have been, or allow a play that should have been negated?), and any plays that aren't credited. Note that the GameViewer now writes a "ParseErrors.txt" file to the installation directory with info about lines I don't recognize; I'll ask for this file if you report a mishandling of a play.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #308
Subby
lolzcat

Hey Greg - first off - great work - much thanks for your continued work on these utilities. They make MP life a ton easier.

Secondly - is there an interrogator file that maps team IDs to team cities or nicknames?

Thirdly - I can run the log file processor, but the progress bar stops at full and just hangs there - should I be seeing something different?

Thanks a ton.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #309
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Secondly - is there an interrogator file that maps team IDs to team cities or nicknames?
Can't remember off the top of my head, I'd have to check. I'm pretty sure the team list has the city index, just don't remember if I also map to nickname or not.

Quote:
Thirdly - I can run the log file processor, but the progress bar stops at full and just hangs there - should I be seeing something different?
I'm pretty sure that means it's finished. If you click the close box and it shuts down, it was done. I'll try to add a better indicator that it's finished.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #310
Subby
lolzcat

Excellent - it processed.

This is an amazingly powerful tool - looking forward to putting it to use.

One thought -

In the log file parser .csv, receiver set shows "Normal" when a team runs single back - even though by its nature, single back is a 3 wr set...not sure if there is anyway to change the way that is denoted (if I wanted to see success for all plays running 3 - 5 wr and sorted on receiver sets, I would miss the single back formations).

Anyway - going back now to chart last season and see what worked and what didnt
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 02-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #311
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Can't remember off the top of my head, I'd have to check. I'm pretty sure the team list has the city index, just don't remember if I also map to nickname or not.
I think the way the teams are sorted corresponds to their ID numbers (0-31). The export is just missing that field.

Same with cities - no id field, but I am pretty sure they are sorted according to id (0-168).

Old 02-21-2006, 05:12 PM   #312
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think the way the teams are sorted corresponds to their ID numbers (0-31). The export is just missing that field.

Same with cities - no id field, but I am pretty sure they are sorted according to id (0-168).

That is correct. The field would be redundant. And the TeamData.csv file has the team nickname and the city index into the city table, so you have all the info you need.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:15 PM   #313
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
In the log file parser .csv, receiver set shows "Normal" when a team runs single back - even though by its nature, single back is a 3 wr set...not sure if there is anyway to change the way that is denoted (if I wanted to see success for all plays running 3 - 5 wr and sorted on receiver sets, I would miss the single back formations).

I'm just reporting how FOF reports those formations. So it would be a Normal receiver set for the Single back formations. Receiver set can include things like "Slot" for a two-TE set where the receiver moves to the slot position. It's how the receivers line up, not the count.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #314
Subby
lolzcat

Musings...

- It's too bad there is no mentor field in data...

- It would be nice if the player file included retired players (the scout and staff game tables seem to retain that info)...that way it would be really easy to produce reports to show every player a team had drafted...

- A feature that turned parsed birthday information and turned it into zodiac sign would be awesome...

- I wonder if agents stay the same throughout the life of the game...

Anyway...good stuff.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:33 PM   #315
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
- It would be nice if the player file included retired players (the scout and staff game tables seem to retain that info)...that way it would be really easy to produce reports to show every player a team had drafted...

Yeah, the one table is currently active players, the other is guys who have ever played in the lague. So the retirees show in one but not the other.

Quote:
- A feature that turned parsed birthday information and turned it into zodiac sign would be awesome...

Well, the whole point behind this is to make the data available to other apps, so you can always do an Excel table or add it to your database app or whatever.

Quote:

No clue, haven't played a career for long enough.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #316
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Have I told you lately I love you? The Interrogator kicks ass, Greg. Good work.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:44 PM   #317
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

This is the best invention since the FOF Extractor 4.0.2.

Seriously, great work yet again. Gotta love the "FOF EXTRACTOR UPDATE" thread when you log in to FOFC. Next best thing other than "NEW SOLECISMIC GAME".
Old 02-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #318
gstelmack
Pro Starter

4.1.1 Released

Changes include:
  • LogFileProcessor now indicates when it is finished processing.
  • GameViewer now handles a few more penalties:
    • Illegal Chop Block
    • Ineligible Receiver Downfield
  • Fixed determination of which team the penalty was on in GameViewer (which led to some improperly negated plays for stat collection).
  • Fixed some GameViewer issues with determining punts inside the 20.
  • GameViewer now treats kneeldowns as rushing attempts.
  • GameViewer now handles stats for the final play of the game.
  • GameViewer has a modified layout. Comments welcome.
I am especially interested in comments on the modifications to the layout. Especially moving the play text on to the field; I'm on the fence about this, as I like having the current play all laid out, but it may take up too much room.

Last edited by gstelmack : 02-24-2006 at 09:06 PM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:33 AM   #319
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Quote:
No clue, haven't played a career for long enough.

Agents do change. I have had at most one agent "retire" in any given year, and a new agent shows up to take their place. It occurs maybe once every four years on average; however, I seem to get long stretches (5-8 years) with no new agents, and then back to back seasons with new agents.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #320
Subby
lolzcat

Didn't the extractor used to pull a player ratings range for draftees? I am getting all of their general info, but no ranges like in the past...just zeroes.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #321
Tasan
College Starter

argh...this is the first time I've used this program and I can't seem to open a draft file. I used extractor on the draft preview and have the FOFRoster.txt When I try to open that in FOF Draft Analyzer, it then opens the TCY HTML Stats files screen, where I'm told to press cancel if I don't have these, so I do. The program just jumps back to an empty FOF Draft Analyzer screen at that point. Its all I can get. I've gone through this thread and can't find something like this, I'm sure its operator error and I just need a little help.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #322
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Didn't the extractor used to pull a player ratings range for draftees? I am getting all of their general info, but no ranges like in the past...just zeroes.

Yeah, it should still work. Usually when Extractor dumps bad data files, it's because something interfered with the screen captures it uses. Did you have something covering the Player Report window?
Old 02-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #323
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan
argh...this is the first time I've used this program and I can't seem to open a draft file. I used extractor on the draft preview and have the FOFRoster.txt When I try to open that in FOF Draft Analyzer, it then opens the TCY HTML Stats files screen, where I'm told to press cancel if I don't have these, so I do. The program just jumps back to an empty FOF Draft Analyzer screen at that point. Its all I can get. I've gone through this thread and can't find something like this, I'm sure its operator error and I just need a little help.

You can e-mail me the FOFRoster.txt file and I can look and see if it's any good.

When you ran Extractor, did you double-click the first player in the draft preview window first? If not, there wouldn't have been any players for it to extract...
Old 02-25-2006, 03:57 PM   #324
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:

Maybe your OS is set to cleartype?

Old 02-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #325
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
  • GameViewer has a modified layout. Comments welcome.
I am especially interested in comments on the modifications to the layout. Especially moving the play text on to the field; I'm on the fence about this, as I like having the current play all laid out, but it may take up too much room.

Not sure how I like the text of the play on the field. Is there a way to have that option turned off or make that option turned off?

Maybe, add a "Last Play" or "Current Play" text box underneath the score, but not in the field that shows the text of the play.

Also, just a suggestion, not sure how hard it would be to split the team stats up, rather than both on the same place. And one last thing (sorry), and export to CSV function for all of the game stats.

Even without the stuff that I suggest, this is a great tool!
Old 02-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #326
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Maybe your OS is set to cleartype?
Nahh - I got some numbers, just not the ratings...

Also - I ran a test on the first 10 players, nothing was obstructed and still got zeroes for the ratings...

I upgraded .net v2 beta, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Old 02-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #327
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
You can e-mail me the FOFRoster.txt file and I can look and see if it's any good.

When you ran Extractor, did you double-click the first player in the draft preview window first? If not, there wouldn't have been any players for it to extract...

Yeah, I had the first player open when I ran it. It seemed to process through all the players. I opened up the text file and and saw all the players entries in there, or so it looked like. Just now though, I opened it back up, and now that file is empty. The file itself is still there, but its now 0 bytes and no players exist. I'll run the extrator again and see what happens.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:02 PM   #328
Tasan
College Starter

Dola

Got it working the second time through...I have no idea where the first set of data went, but it was there, and then it wasn't.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #329
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nahh - I got some numbers, just not the ratings...

Also - I ran a test on the first 10 players, nothing was obstructed and still got zeroes for the ratings...

I upgraded .net v2 beta, so we'll see if that makes a difference.
ClearType shouldn't affect the draftee ratings, as it's checking the color of the bars. Is there a possibility your bars aren't blue? Some weird color scheme? If you want to e-mail me a screenshot of a draftee I might be able to see what is going on.

.NET won't impact Extractor as it is all C++/MFC code, as is Draft Analyzer. Interrogator / LogFileProcessor / GameViewer are the C#/.NET apps.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #330
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not sure how I like the text of the play on the field. Is there a way to have that option turned off or make that option turned off?

Maybe, add a "Last Play" or "Current Play" text box underneath the score, but not in the field that shows the text of the play.

I've got a couple of options I'm mulling over. Likely is to go back to just one line of text that cycles, and then either keeping two lines on the field for Offensive/Defensive formation, or going with my original idea of actually drawing the formations on the field. Not sure which yet.

Quote:
Also, just a suggestion, not sure how hard it would be to split the team stats up, rather than both on the same place. And one last thing (sorry), and export to CSV function for all of the game stats.

Debating splitting the team stats up. I've considered coloring the lines differently based on the team, or having a separate box score entry. I kind of like knowing who the leading rusher is, though.

As for CSV export, maybe. Better use would be a box score to CSV converter, but also note that Interrogator already dumps complete stats for every game ever played in your FOF league, so anything here would be redundant (aside from the fact that the one game would be compiled in one place).

Last edited by gstelmack : 02-25-2006 at 07:42 PM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #331
gstelmack
Pro Starter

4.1.2 Released

I felt so bad about the abomination that was putting the play lines on the field that I fixed it as quickly as I could. Changes include:
  • GameViewer has another modified layout. Comments welcome.
  • As part of the new layout, added a new menu item "Options" to GameViewer. Right now it only has one entry: "Formations on Field". If checked this will cause the play text to skip offensive / defensive formations, and these will appear on the field instead.
  • Fixed a GameViewer issue with no team for a receiver who fumbles the ball.
  • GameViewer now colors the stat lines for the away team with a light gray background to differentiate them from the home team stats.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #332
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
I felt so bad about the abomination that was putting the play lines on the field that I fixed it as quickly as I could. Changes include:
  • GameViewer has another modified layout. Comments welcome.
  • As part of the new layout, added a new menu item "Options" to GameViewer. Right now it only has one entry: "Formations on Field". If checked this will cause the play text to skip offensive / defensive formations, and these will appear on the field instead.
  • Fixed a GameViewer issue with no team for a receiver who fumbles the ball.
  • GameViewer now colors the stat lines for the away team with a light gray background to differentiate them from the home team stats.

Nice, me likey! One cosmetic thing I would do is, where you have the attendance and weather, and the current drive, put those in the middle. Like center a "text/input" box right underneath the quarter/time/down and put the Attendance and weather and right below that a text box that has the current drive. You could make the font smaller for those.

Also, like the color difference in the stats and the blue line to indicate the drive start.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #333
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nice, me likey! One cosmetic thing I would do is, where you have the attendance and weather, and the current drive, put those in the middle. Like center a "text/input" box right underneath the quarter/time/down and put the Attendance and weather and right below that a text box that has the current drive. You could make the font smaller for those.

I'm trying to keep the total window size small enough to fit on a 1024x768 desktop, so I don't have much more room to go vertical. I used most of it up putting the scoreboard bits at the top, which was a requested location for them. At some point I'm going to give up on having a full realistic field and chop it vertically to fit more stuff in...
Old 03-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #334
Subby
lolzcat

Greg (or anyone) - have you taken a look at the Draft Order output from Interrogator? I have run it a few times at various pre-draft stages this preseason and it is always wrong - completely off...all other Interrogator csv exports are fine...

Thanks.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #335
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Greg (or anyone) - have you taken a look at the Draft Order output from Interrogator? I have run it a few times at various pre-draft stages this preseason and it is always wrong - completely off...all other Interrogator csv exports are fine...

Thanks.

Did you change the order manually to reflect what your leagues order is for that year?
Old 03-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #336
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Thanks.
I did twice. Once it looked off, once it was correct. I'll have to double-check again.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #337
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Thanks.
Okay, looks like it is off by a year. I think the first block marks what picks have been lost or taken so far in the current draft, and the next block (marked for the next season) is the actual order of the teams. I'll have to do more digging and see if I can improve the output.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #338
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Okay, looks like it is off by a year. I think the first block marks what picks have been lost or taken so far in the current draft, and the next block (marked for the next season) is the actual order of the teams. I'll have to do more digging and see if I can improve the output.

So the order never needed to manually altered? I thought it gave you a default (like alpha) and you had to resort using the drop downs.

Dammit, I want those 10 minutes back of my life I spent redoing the order!
Old 03-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #339
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
So the order never needed to manually altered? I thought it gave you a default (like alpha) and you had to resort using the drop downs.

Dammit, I want those 10 minutes back of my life I spent redoing the order!
You are thinking of the Mock Draft feature in Analyzer, while he's asking about the DraftOrder.csv file exported by Interrogator.

But yeah, having Analyzer read in the Interrogator output is a possible future feature ;-)
Old 03-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #340
Subby
lolzcat

Greg - I just wanted to show you an example of the stuff I can do for our league - and its only possible because of your amazing utility...thanks a ton.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #341
cuervo72
Head Coach

Is there an easy way of determining coach role for the current year? I am trying to grab that for the current year, and staff.csv has contract, salary, team...no role (that I can see). We are in the offseason leading to 2010, so there are no entries in staffhistory.csv yet, so I can't grab it from there. Is there any way role could be included in staff.csv?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #342
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
Is there an easy way of determining coach role for the current year? I am trying to grab that for the current year, and staff.csv has contract, salary, team...no role (that I can see). We are in the offseason leading to 2010, so there are no entries in staffhistory.csv yet, so I can't grab it from there. Is there any way role could be included in staff.csv?

On the tables, it shows you the value. See the Lookuptables.Csv output.

ValueStaffRole
0Head Coach
1Off Coord
2Def Coord

You'll have to do vlookups or something on the Staffhistory.csv pages as well on the "Role" column, If I'm understanding your question correctly.

Last edited by gottimd : 03-17-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #343
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yes yes, I understand the roles are in the lookuptables.csv. My problem is that the staff.csv file has the following entries:

staffindex
lastname
firstname
team
salary
qb
rb
losses
ties
playoffs
bowls
contractyears
experience

So, I don't see a 'role' column in staff.csv.

Thinking logically, I go over to staffhistory.csv . Hey look, it has a column for role. That's great. So I scan for year...ok, 2003...2004...2005...2006...2007...2008...2009...UH OH, no 2010. Well, we're in 2010, only in the offseason.

So for instance - I just hired Perry Hopkins as my head coach. His ID is 21. Bingo, there he is in staff.csv. But there is no role there. So I look for him in staffhistory.csv. Wait, what's that? He's a rookie, and doesn't show up there?

THAT's my problem.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #344
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

I dug a bit more and found the "current role" and "retiring this season" flags for the staff guys. I'll try and get a new release out soon (I'll try to dig into the draft issue as well and see if I can put together a better output for it).
Old 03-17-2006, 01:13 PM   #345
cuervo72
Head Coach

Excellent news Greg - thanks!!

(interrogator is teh r0xx0rs )
Old 03-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #346
beatle
H.S. Freshman Team

Can you give directions on how to use this file? I just downloaded it and tried to use it with out success.
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #347
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle
Can you give directions on how to use this file? I just downloaded it and tried to use it with out success.

Here

Good html help for each individual program included in utility...

Old 03-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #348
cuervo72
Head Coach

Is sacks being off by a factor of 10 in the playergame csv's (defenders) a known issue?

(I'm accounting for it now, but was wondering)
Old 03-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #349
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Is sacks being off by a factor of 10 in the playergame csv's (defenders) a known issue?

(I'm accounting for it now, but was wondering)

No. I may have to check. Some of the fields have extra bits coded into them (for example, injuries can be +1000 for severity or career ending or something similar), so sacks may have something going on there as well. Most of Interrogator is just grabbing the data straight out of the binary.

The key is I'm so busy writing these utilities that the Viewer and Draft Analyzer are the only two I actually use and look at on a regular basis, so I rely heavily on all of you to tell me what's wrong with Interrogator
Old 03-18-2006, 03:06 PM   #350
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Version 4.1.3 Released!

Changes include:
  • Interrogator now has 2 new columns in the Staff.csv file:
    • Role: Current role on current team. If this is "3", the staff member is no longer active in the game.
    • Retiring: If this is "1", the staff member has retired this offseason and while visible in the game is not available to be hired.
  • Interrogator has split off a new file from DraftOrder: DraftStatus.csv. This has information about any ongoing draft. DraftOrder.csv should now have the correct team's assigned for the next draft (or current if ongoing) and info about future drafts (traded picks are marked here).