Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2003, 05:53 AM   #301
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 7 inches (201 centimeters) tall weighing in at 295 pounds (134 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Joe Joe O`Kelly!!

In this corner, standing 7 feet and 1 inch(216 centimeters) tall weighing in at 242 pounds (110 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for Zack Alspaugh out of Richmond, Virginia is bobby mcprescot II!!

This bout is scheduled for 12 rounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O`Kelly is clinching a lot. (clinching)
bobby mcprescot II fights from outside. (outside)

According to the Commentators:

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 4 of 30 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (16 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 37 of 53 punches -- 6 power punches, 25 jabs, 6 rights. (92 points)

bobby mcprescot II won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 10-9.

O`Kelly doesn't need to rest.

bobby mcprescot II doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 5 of 25 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (20 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 31 of 57 punches -- 5 power punches, 21 jabs, 5 rights. (77 points)

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 20-18.

bobby mcprescot II doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 4 of 28 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (16 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 32 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 22 jabs, 5 rights. (79 points)

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 30-27.

O`Kelly remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

bobby mcprescot II remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

bobby mcprescot II connects with a blow to the groin! It appears unintentional, but the referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 2 of 15 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 1 right. (7 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 25 of 51 punches -- 4 power punches, 17 jabs, 4 rights. (62 points)

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 40-36.

ROUND 5

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 3 of 28 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (12 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 36 of 49 punches -- 6 power punches, 24 jabs, 6 rights. (90 points)

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 50-45.

ROUND 6

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 3 of 32 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (12 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 32 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 22 jabs, 5 rights. (79 points)

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 60-54.

O`Kelly grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

bobby mcprescot II grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 7

O`Kelly is a raging bull! (all out)

O`Kelly annoys bobby mcprescot II with a hook to the ribs. bobby mcprescot II staggers!! The crowd is going wild!!

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 5 of 37 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (19 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 20 of 41 punches -- 3 power punches, 14 jabs, 3 rights. (49 points)

Joe Joe O`Kelly won the round 10-9 by stunning bobby mcprescot II.

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 69-64.

O`Kelly is obviously tired.

ROUND 8

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 2 of 19 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 1 right. (7 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 26 of 57 punches -- 4 power punches, 18 jabs, 4 rights. (64 points)

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 79-73.

ROUND 9

O`Kelly goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

O`Kelly lands a tremendous right combination and bobby mcprescot II's mouth guard flies into the far corner -- he's down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

bobby mcprescot II staggers to his feet and the fight goes on!

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 6 of 49 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 20 of 42 punches -- 3 power punches, 14 jabs, 3 rights. (49 points)

Joe Joe O`Kelly won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 87-83.

bobby mcprescot II is obviously tired. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 10

O`Kelly thinks he's in a wrestling match. (clinching)

O`Kelly lands a roundhouse to the solar plexus. bobby mcprescot II is hurt! He barely keeps his feet under him!

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 7 of 24 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (28 points)
bobby mcprescot II landed 17 of 42 punches -- 2 power punches, 13 jabs, 2 rights. (40 points)

Joe Joe O`Kelly won the round 10-9 by stunning bobby mcprescot II.

bobby mcprescot II is winning the fight 96-93.

bobby mcprescot II is obviously tired. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 11

O`Kelly is a raging bull! (all out)

O`Kelly lands a sudden straight and bobby mcprescot II lands flat on his back!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Joe Joe O`Kelly wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:56
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 06:01 AM   #302
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts Post Fight Interview

Burt Sugar "Joe, Joe Joe...

Joe interrupts, "Burt...you stuttering?"

Sugar "Ahh...oh...no...um were was I?"

Joe "Joe Joe Joe"

Sugar "Oh yeah. Does this win over McPrescott II make Joe Joe a legitamate title contender?"

Joe, "I think Joe Joe has the ability to get there, but we are currently ranked 112. I think we have a long way to go before we get a shot at the title."

Kellerman, "Were you concerned McPrescott II would have some tricks he learned from his RLO heavyweight title holding father up his sleve."

Joe,"Well I figured he would get some advice, but there really isn't much McPrescott can do to alter his style. He isn't particularly strong...so he really can't get a KO, but he is really active, which makes it hard to beat him on the cards. Luckily for us...Joe Joe could get in on him and hurt him."
Old 07-28-2003, 06:56 AM   #303
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

RING MAGAZINE

CURRENT WeBL TITLE HOLDERS

Heavy
Franklin the Frog
South Carolina 22-6-3 7/3

Cruiser
Haruko "Tsunami" Watanabe
Arkansas 18-2-0 4/1

Light-Heavy
Tall Paul McGraw
North Carolina 18-4-3 5/1

Super-Middle Vacant

Middle Vacant

Super-Welter
Mitchell Sullivan Davidson
Georgia 16-2-0 11/1

Welter
Bad "Ditto" Bit
Georgia 23-7-1 22/6 15

Super-Light
Homi "Tsunami" Bhabha
Arkansas 17-2-1 6/2

Light
Ghetto F-A-B
North Carolina 24-10-1 22/3

Super-Feather
Pablo Manfready jr
North Carolina 21-6-2 2/4

Feather Vacant

Super-Bantam
Conhuevos "Tsunami" Reider
Arkansas 17-3-0 6/2

Bantam
Bobby Crabtree
Missouri 27-13-3 16/8

Super-Fly
Tyson "TNT" Gerald
Tennessee 17-4-2 10/1

Fly
Little "Merchant" Fart
Arkansas 13-2-0 5/1

Junior-Fly
Tiny "Turd" Tyson
West Virginia 19-4-1 2/2

Straw
Fester "Tsunami" Fendermacher
Arkansas 18-2-0 9/2
Old 07-28-2003, 07:04 AM   #304
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC GYM FIGHTER RANKINGS

HEAVYWEIGHTS

Joe Joe O'Kelly - 112

Les Cherries - 139

Blade - 211

Jace Hunter - 215

CRUISERWEIGHTS

Brian "The Butcher" Babson - 144

LIGHTHEAVY WEIGHT

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders - 47

SUPER WELTER WEIGHT

Pancho O'Kelly - 31

LIGHTWEIGHT

Bobby "Baked" Beans - 109
Old 07-28-2003, 07:23 AM   #305
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Go Les!!!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 09:04 AM   #306
Blade
College Prospect

Blade is seen walking out of a supermarket, where he is carrying a paper bag with a big tub of ice cream leaning out of the top. A reporter for the local newspaper is waiting for him.

Reporter: "Blade, you are just coming off another hard loss. After the previous one, you said something about retirement. How are you feeling now, after being knocked out early in your last bout?"

Blade: "I really don't know. The loss is still too fresh. I thought that I had my confidence building again just before the fight, but I let him get a hard punch through, and that was it. Right now, I just want to go home and forget about boxing for the moment."

Reporter: "Does that mean this is it, Blade?"

Blade: "I said I want to go home...get out of my way!"

Blade is seen pushing the reporter away and climbing into a rusted out Taurus, before driving away.

Reporter: "He assaulted me! Did you see that? He assaulted me!"

Passer-bys just seem to be ignoring the reporter.

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 10:25 AM   #307
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts, also exiting the supermarket (only he didn't have a tub of ice cream in his paper bag), saw the interaction between the reporter and Blade.

"Shut up you panzy, no body cares about reporters. They rank right there with lawyers, " expresses Joe.

Reporter, "He assaulted me and you know it."

Joe "No if he had assaulted you...you would need medical attention."

Reporter "Your kidding. That guy couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag. I could take him."

Bagadonuts laughing, "Why don't you come back the gym and give it a try."

Reporter "Fine...let's do that."

*****later that day in the gym**********

Joe, "You sure you want to do this."

Reporter "Yes."

Joe,"Ah...ok...I need you to sign this waver."

*****waver signed....the fight begins**********

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 205 pounds (93 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 3 losses is Cuts like a Razor "Blade"!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 9 inches (175 centimeters) tall weighing in at 182 pounds (83 kilograms) with a record of 0 wins, 0 draws, and 0 losses is The REPORTER!!

ROUND 1

Blade is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Blade jars Reporter with a big uppercut to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!! Reporter is hurt!! He falls into a clinch and the ref forces them apart!

Blade annoys Reporter with an uppercut to the solar plexus. Reporter covers up. Oh, he's hurt! That really hurt him!

Blade connects with a quick hook to the solar plexus. Reporter covers up. Oh, he's hurt! That really hurt him!

Blade annoys Reporter with a hook to the stomach. Reporter stumbles, but remains on his feet! He looks hurt!!

Blade connects with an uppercut to the solar plexus. Reporter stumbles, but remains on his feet! He looks hurt!!

Blade lands an uppercut to the chest. Reporter supports himself on the ropes! He's hurt!!! The Referee stops the fight!!
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 0:11

Joe "Nice job kid. All that in just 11 seconds. To bad the ref stopped it. I think you could have done some permanent damage if he hadn't stepped in."
Old 07-28-2003, 10:53 AM   #308
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bobby Beans Post Sparring Update

Joe Bagadonuts - "Bobby has been extremely successful in sparring. We haven't been able to reproduce the Ali fight plan but we've put Beans up against some pretty good fight plans and he's typically getting KOs in the 8th or 9th. We have only run into one style that is giving us trouble, but that isn't a style that Ali has ever used...so I'd be suprised to see it in the fight."

Last edited by Breeze : 07-28-2003 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:39 AM   #309
Travis
Pro Rookie

What, 11 seconds and not even a knockdown? Blade, you're slipping buddy, I might beat you into the top 100 yet
Old 07-28-2003, 11:46 AM   #310
condors
College Starter

glad to hear "baked" is having a good week sparring
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 12:18 PM   #311
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-Fight Assessment

Pancho O'Kelly (5-0-1) (4/0) #31

vs

Mike "The Punisher" Knight's 7-2-1 (0/1) #32

Larry Merchant "This looks like a great matchup. These are 2 of the up and comers in their weight divsion. Punisher is an extremely well conditioned fighter, and because of that he's capable of throwing alot of punches and taking alot of punches. He's only been KOed 1 time, and he was winning that fight big, but got caught by a fighter going allout."

"O'Kelly has shown the ability to inflict damage with 4 KOs, and to outpoint an opponent in his most recent win. It will be interesting to see how he goes after Punisher. In his past fights against people who don't have any KOs coming in...O'Kelly has been inclined to throw big punches and look for the KO late. This opponent isn't real strong, but his conditioning makes him tougher than O'Kelly's other KOs. He will also be difficult to match punch for punch if O'Kelly wants to out score him."

****Predictions*********

Merchant "O'Kelly's going to go for the KO, and Punisher is going to stay on his feet. Punisher will win with a big decission."

Foreman "I love when O'Kelly gets opponents like this one. He comes out and beats on them like hamburger. Speaking of hamburger....I have the perfect grill for cooking hamburgers."

Atlas "I think O'Kelly's going to overwork trying to get the KO and will run out of gas. This will leave him vulnerable to an active Punisher, who will get his first KO."

Sugar Ray,"I am looking forward to this one. If O'Kelly fights like he did in the last fight...there will be alot of action and a real boxing clinic going on. I'll take Punisher, because he always using the footwork type of fight plan."
Old 07-28-2003, 12:33 PM   #312
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis
What, 11 seconds and not even a knockdown? Blade, you're slipping buddy, I might beat you into the top 100 yet

Well, I was tired! That was a lot of ice cream to eat!

Thanks Breeze! That was a lot of fun to read!

Old 07-28-2003, 12:34 PM   #313
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade
Well, I was tired! That was a lot of ice cream to eat!

Thanks Breeze! That was a lot of fun to read!

mmmmmmmmmmm ice cream.............
Old 07-29-2003, 05:26 AM   #314
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 4 inches (163 centimeters) tall weighing in at 135 pounds (61 kilograms) with a record of 5 wins, 1 draw, and 15 losses fighting for Killa Bee2 out of Fayettiville, North Carolina is Killa Bee Mini Ali!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 5 inches (165 centimeters) tall weighing in at 133 pounds (60 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 3 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Bobby "Baked" Beans!!

ROUND 1

Ali goes toe-to-toe. (inside)
Baked dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Killa Bee Mini Ali landed 36 of 83 punches -- 3 power punches, 30 jabs, 3 rights. (81 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 22 of 54 punches -- 4 power punches, 14 jabs, 4 rights. (56 points)

Killa Bee Mini Ali won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Killa Bee Mini Ali is winning the fight 10-9.

Ali doesn't need to rest.

Baked doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Killa Bee Mini Ali landed 36 of 80 punches -- 3 power punches, 30 jabs, 3 rights. (81 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 22 of 57 punches -- 4 power punches, 14 jabs, 4 rights. (56 points)

Killa Bee Mini Ali is winning the fight 20-18.

Ali doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

Killa Bee Mini Ali landed 32 of 86 punches -- 3 power punches, 26 jabs, 3 rights. (73 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 21 of 50 punches -- 4 power punches, 13 jabs, 4 rights. (54 points)

Killa Bee Mini Ali is winning the fight 30-27.

Ali remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

Killa Bee Mini Ali landed 30 of 69 punches -- 2 power punches, 26 jabs, 2 rights. (66 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 27 of 61 punches -- 5 power punches, 17 jabs, 5 rights. (69 points)

Bobby "Baked" Beans won the round 10-9 with accurate power punches.

Killa Bee Mini Ali is winning the fight 39-37.

Ali grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

Baked remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Ali dances around the ring. (using the ring)
Baked backpedals. (outside)

Killa Bee Mini Ali landed 23 of 106 punches -- 2 power punches, 19 jabs, 2 rights. (52 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 13 of 37 punches -- 3 power punches, 7 jabs, 3 rights. (35 points)

Killa Bee Mini Ali won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Killa Bee Mini Ali is winning the fight 49-46.

Ali grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 6

Baked is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Killa Bee Mini Ali landed 34 of 74 punches -- 3 power punches, 28 jabs, 3 rights. (77 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 14 of 38 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)

Killa Bee Mini Ali is winning the fight 59-55.

Ali is obviously tired.

ROUND 7

Baked traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Killa Bee Mini Ali landed 27 of 76 punches -- 2 power punches, 23 jabs, 2 rights. (60 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 16 of 47 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 7 rights. (57 points)

This round was a 10-10 tie.

Killa Bee Mini Ali is winning the fight 69-65.

Ali is slowing down.

Baked remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 8

Baked traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Killa Bee Mini Ali landed 26 of 77 punches -- 2 power punches, 22 jabs, 2 rights. (58 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 15 of 49 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 7 rights. (53 points)

This round was a 10-10 tie.

Killa Bee Mini Ali is winning the fight 79-75.

Ali looks exhausted.

Baked remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 9

Baked is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Killa Bee Mini Ali landed 18 of 91 punches -- 1 power punch, 16 jabs, 1 right. (39 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 14 of 38 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)

Bobby "Baked" Beans won the round 10-9 with accurate power punches.

Killa Bee Mini Ali is winning the fight 88-85.

Ali looks exhausted.

ROUND 10

Baked lands a wicked left blow to the temple and Ali falls to the canvas!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Bobby "Baked" Beans wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:48
Old 07-29-2003, 05:31 AM   #315
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow- I didn't realize Baked weighs less than a sack of feathers even when he's soaking wet.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 05:41 AM   #316
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview with Joe Bagadonuts

Larry Merchant - "Beans was much sharper in this fight than in his last couple, what do you attribute that too?"

Joe, "An opponent who's style allows us to do what we do best. Blade is most successful when he can mix in a combination of power punches and jabs, wear down his opponent and allow his superior stamina to come into play. Unfortunately, recently we've been forced to try and concentrate on either power or jabs. Both of which he can do extremely well, but that isn't where he's at his best."

Jim Lampley - "Even though this was a win, you can't consider this a quality win."

Joe, visably getting angry,"Every win is a quality win!"

Jim,"Come on Joe, Ali is 5-16-1 in his career."

Joe,"I don't care what his record is, Ali can be tough. You forget he won 2 of his last 3 by KO. He's a good fighter, and with a better trainer he could be a winner."

Sugar Ray Leonard, "Bean's is still relatively new to your gym, did you learn anything in this fight."

Joe, "Actually, I did. I had forgotten how well Beans could take a punch. I'm not used to fighters who can stick their chin out, wait to get hit, and then return the favor. I'll have to remember that when designing future fight plans."

Last edited by Breeze : 07-29-2003 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:07 AM   #317
condors
College Starter

Bobby Baked Beans

"dude its the very momment you connect and see your oppenents eyes roll into the back of his head its just orgasmic man"
Old 07-29-2003, 06:43 AM   #318
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Update on some familiar names:

Mama's Biscuits, a 112 - 117 winner over Baked Beans is 5-1-0 and currently ranked 29th. His only loss was a disputed 114-115, 114-115, 114-114 decission to #24 ranked Chris Creed (6-0-1).

Da Renegade, who won a highly disputed split decission over Hurricane Saunders (the fight which instigated the chicken head bitting incident) retired from fighting (reportedly for medical reasons) with a 2-1-0 record. (There is no truth to the rumor Saunders bit Renegade giving him rabies).

Last edited by Breeze : 07-29-2003 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:24 AM   #319
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

RING MAGAZINE

Reports out of Memphis, Tennessee indicate Dangerous Gym is being investigated for violating World Ethics Laws. According to unspecified sources, Dangerous Gym trainer Barry Finest has hired the best scientists he can afford to create an army of cloned fighters. While Finest has denied these accusations, he cannot explain why so many of his fighter look alike and why they have names like Dro Finder 1, Dro Finder 2, etc.

"Our fighters are not clones," states Finest. "That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Look at their sizes. Some of the Dro fighters are as short as 5'2" others are over 6'. Now tell me are those clones?"

"Besides if I was going to be cloning fighters, I certainly pick better stock to clone from. Undoubtedly, I would have a better record than I do with the Dro fighters."

The Dro fighters combined record is 73-26. With Dro 3 (6-1) ranking in at #37 in the Light-Heavyweight division, Dro 16 (7-0) at #20 in the Super-Middleweight and Dro 2 (7-1) ranking in at #30 in the Strawweight classification."

"There are 20 of these Dro fighters, and although none have become a champion yet, they have just started their carears," states Larry Merchant. "I think Dangerous Gym is set to make a lot of money on these.....fighters."

When asked if he thinks the fighters are cloned, Merchant states,"Let's just say I'm glad someone is looking into this. As I stated before these fighters are going to make some money, and that is motive enough for someone to clone, construct, alter or enhance a fighter."

When presented with Finest's arguement about having better results if cloning were involved Merchant responds, "Maybe he couldn't afford better cloning material, or maybe he couldn't afford the best scientists?"

In addition to the fighters listed above, the one Dro fighter garnering a considerable amount of attention is Dro 5. 5 is a 5'6" 175 lb light-heavyweight. His record is a solid if unspectacular 5-2-0. However, looking a little deeper you understand what the buzz is about. One of Dro 5's 2 losses was in his first ever fight...and he was disqualified in fhe first round after only .25 seconds for headbutting. In total he has logged 10 minutes and 10 seconds of ring time in 7 fights. Not once has a fight, won or lost by Dro 5, gone past the first round.

Dro 5's next opponent is Jimmy Hurricane Saunders from the FOFC Gym.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:09 PM   #320
bertogarce
Mascot

Looks like Panch is in for quite a fight against The Punisher. If Pancho doesn't get a knockout, I can see a repeat of the first Clincher fight, where we ran out of gas in the later rounds.
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 05:34 AM   #321
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 9 inches (175 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 7 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses fighting for Rawl Power out of Greenville, South Carolina is Mike "The Punisher" Knight!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 5 wins, 1 draw, and 0 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Pacho O`Kelly!!

ROUND 1

The Punisher fights from outside. (outside)
O`Kelly goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Mike "The Punisher" Knight landed 33 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 23 jabs, 5 rights. (81 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 16 of 31 punches -- 13 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (61 points)

Mike "The Punisher" Knight won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Mike "The Punisher" Knight is winning the fight 10-9.

The Punisher doesn't need to rest. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 2

O`Kelly traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Mike "The Punisher" Knight landed 28 of 54 punches -- 4 power punches, 20 jabs, 4 rights. (68 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 15 of 54 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 7 rights. (53 points)

Mike "The Punisher" Knight is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

O`Kelly traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Mike "The Punisher" Knight landed 32 of 55 punches -- 5 power punches, 22 jabs, 5 rights. (79 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 15 of 41 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 7 rights. (53 points)

Mike "The Punisher" Knight is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

O`Kelly throws everything he's got! (all out)

O`Kelly jars The Punisher with a big uppercut to the temple!! The crowd is on its feet!! The Punisher is hurt!! He falls into a clinch and the ref forces them apart!

The Punisher lands a vicious left blow to the head and O`Kelly stumbles to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Mike "The Punisher" Knight wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:29
Old 07-30-2003, 05:56 AM   #322
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview with Joe Bagadonuts

Sugar Ray Leonard "An early KO, you must be disappointed. Did this result suprise you?"

Joe, "Yes, I am disappointed and yes it did suprise me. I have to admit we got a little greedy in this one, going for too much in the 4th round, but I honestly believed Punisher couldn't hurt us. This is Punishers first KO after all."

George Forman,"I like the agressiveness, but why the 4th."

Joe,"George, this was a fight plan that had been successful for us in the past against fighters similar to Punisher. I figured it would work again. In fact, in sparring we tried a lot of different partners with different skills, and we were never even knocked down. I didn't expect to get the KO in the 4th, but I did expect the beating inflicted by Panch to be enough to speed the Punisher's fatigue."

Forman,"It looked like you were close to getting Punisher earlier in the 4th."

Joe,"I think if the ref had been quicker about getting Punisher out of the clinch when he was hurt, Panch would have finished him off."

Jim Lampley,"Where do you go from here?"

Joe,"We'll get back in the ring, and figure out what will work against our next opponent. I wouldn't be suprised if Punisher was our opponent again real soon."
Old 07-30-2003, 05:59 AM   #323
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Breeze- I just gotta say that I've been up at 5 the past month or so and just wait for that time between 5 and 6 (like clockwork) where Trillian says I've gotten an email from FOFC because I know it's this dynasty. Great work!

SI

Old 07-30-2003, 06:25 AM   #324
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

SI,

Thanks, I'm enjoying this too.

Early mornings are good for me. I work flex hours and no one is at the office this early...so I can take a few minutes and post a couple of times. (Shhhhh. don't tell anyone.)

Breeze
Old 07-30-2003, 06:57 AM   #325
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-Fight Assessment

Max Kellerman - "The upcoming fight between Jimmy Hurricane Saunders and Dro Finder 5 has the potential to be a classic. Hurricane is a quality fighter, who I believe should be 6 and 0 right now, but Dro 5 is an absolute machine. I have yet to see a fighter with such devistating power that they can continually end fights within the first 60 seconds. This guy scares me...and I'm not even in the ring with him."

-----PREDICTIONS--------

Kellerman - "I don't think Saunders has the chin to withstand this barrage. I'm taking Dro 5 with a second round KO."

Foreman - "I love the power. Give me 5 in 1."

Teddy Atlas - "Dangerous Gym lab technicians...um I mean trainers - tell me an accident occured in the lab - I mean ring - that affected Dro 5's mental processes. He apparently has a real thurst for blood, and goes nuts when he's in the ring trying to exact some. That is scary. I'll take Dro 5 with another 1st round KO."
Old 07-30-2003, 07:44 AM   #326
condors
College Starter

i wanted to 2nd the high praise on breeze for doing a great job with the dynasty!
Old 07-30-2003, 08:42 AM   #327
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts calls Hurricane into the office.

"Kid, I don't want you to read to much into the expert predictions. Yes Dro 5 is strong and tough, but some of this is hype. You can win. All we have to do is get through the first couple of rounds and you'll get your chance to inflict pain. However, to make sure you can take the punishment, I'm setting up a new training technique. This should help make your chin a little tougher."

"Follow me."

Joe and Saunders walk to the ring in the back corner of the gym. In the middle of the ring is an old 18th century stockade.

"Ok Hurricane," Joe says opening the wooden contraption. "Stick your head in the middle slot and your hands in the two side slots."

Joe locks the stockade when Hurricane is in place.

"Hey Mac! We're ready."

Assistant trainer Mac Aroni walks into the ring with a baseball bat.

"Go to work Mac," Joe says as he exits the ring. "I've got to go get my hair cut. I'll be back to check on you in about an hour. Oh, and Mac, if you get tired...grab one of the other fighers and get them to help."

Mac says "To bad those Chickens he tortures can't swing a bat."

Joe rolls his eyes as he walks out the front door.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:15 PM   #328
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonut's comments on:

Brian "the Butcher" Babson (1-0-0) (0/0) vs Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob (1-0-0) (0/0)

"It is almost impossible to get an accurate reading on an opponent when the only have one fight under their belt. I can say from watching his film, Jim Bob is a similar fighter to Brian's last opponent. He's probably a little stronger, but he isn't as fast either."

"We really don't have many options when it comes to fight planning. Butcher has been hitting the weights religiously, in fact I think he sleeps with that dumb bell he carrries around with him, but he still isn't strong enough to make going for a KO a legitimate option. We'll basically use the same fight plan we used last fight, and hope for the best."
Old 07-30-2003, 01:43 PM   #329
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts "Mac...wake up Hurricane."

Hurricane with glassy eyes looks at Joe.

"Kid, you've done good in training. I know you don't remember it, but you've done good. I have basically come to this conclusion: assuming our sparring partners are close to Dro 5's ability, if he comes out and starts the fight with an all out round...we're sunk. He's never done that...hasn't needed to, but if he does we ain't got a shot. If however, he comes out like normal, throwing big punches but not all out...we've got a decent shot to make it to the 3rd round, and if we hit the 3rd round, I'd be suprised if we lose."
Old 07-30-2003, 03:20 PM   #330
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Butcher: Sounds good Coach. I'm gonna knock ol Knock Knock in the block a few times and see what he thinks of it.

Question for ya Breeze, when going against these crazy one round dudes, is there a reason you wouldn't just load up like mad on defense early on to avoid the first round KO and hope that they tire themselves out early? Does that still not work against these guys?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:36 PM   #331
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Breeze
Joe Bagadonuts "Mac...wake up Hurricane."

Hurricane with glassy eyes looks at Joe.

"Kid, you've done good in training. I know you don't remember it, but you've done good. I have basically come to this conclusion: assuming our sparring partners are close to Dro 5's ability, if he comes out and starts the fight with an all out round...we're sunk. He's never done that...hasn't needed to, but if he does we ain't got a shot. If however, he comes out like normal, throwing big punches but not all out...we've got a decent shot to make it to the 3rd round, and if we hit the 3rd round, I'd be suprised if we lose."

Eep... short loss or long win. No nice way to slice this one.

SI

Old 07-30-2003, 07:18 PM   #332
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jag,

I try that in sparring, but even if I run a 1/1/18, which is essentially just covering up it doesn't prevent the KO. One problem you run into is if your D is that high...the opponent gets to throw more punches. So rather than take 8 to 10 power punches your taking 14 to 15. Those extra punches make a difference to your stamina and injury points.

I accidently posted a full fight report a few fights back. Typically I post only the highlights...because even the highlights get rather long. However, if you (or any of the fighters) would like to see your full fight report...I'll gladly post it. Just let me know. If you see a whole report you'll get a better idea of how the punches affect your fatigue, injury and damage ratings.

Breeze
Old 07-30-2003, 07:43 PM   #333
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the info, that would explain it then. I don't think it's necessary to post all the fight details as it is awfully long, although it would be interesting to see what values you're using for AGG/POW/DEF during the different points in the fight. Hope Hurricane pulls this one off.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:30 AM   #334
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre Fight Assessment - Teddy Atlas

Jace Hunter 3-2-0 (3/1) vs GySgt. Hathcock's 3-2-0 (2/1)

"Hunter/Hathcock II. Not a bad fight to watch if you are going to have a rematch. In the original fight Hathcock won a unanimous decission. It was an extremely close fight until the start of the 7th round. At that point Hunter was tired and Hathcock opened the lead. Suprisingly Hathcock didn't KO an exhausted Hunter in the late rounds. That could possibly play a roll in this fight."

-----------Predictions----------------

Atlas "Last time I thought Hunter would win a decission, or get a late round KO. This time I'll take Hathcock to get the decission or late round KO. I just don't think Hunter is going to be able to overcome Hathcock's superior conditioning."

Jimmy the Greek "I refuse to ever pick Hunter again, until he wins again. Like last time Hathcock with a 10th round KO."

Lampley "The last fight highlighted Hunter's weakness. I think if he were only slightly better conditioned he could outwork Hathcock, but unfortunately he isn't , which means he'll probably have to go for the KO. I'll take Hathcock with another 117-113 decission."
Old 07-31-2003, 05:38 AM   #335
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-Fight Assessment - Larry Merchant

Blade 3-3-0 (3/3) vs Debolique "Death" Dobson's 7-9-0 (7/8) - 6' 207lbs

"Both of these fighters are coming off of 2 KO losses, so something will turn for one of them. However, I think the loser here will have a 3 straight KO loss. The key to this fight will be the number of rounds. Dobson has never won a fight that has gone beyond 5 rounds, and Blade seems to be at his best when the fight goes to the later rounds."

---------Predictions-------------

Merchant "Blade and more so Trainer Bagadonuts made a critical mistake in their last fight, which I believe cost them the win. I don't expect that same mistake in this fight. I'll take Blade with a 12 round KO."

Forman "It looks to me like Blade has a glass jaw. I don't think he can take the pounding. Give me Dobson with a 4th round KO"

Sugar "Blade, by all rights should be 4 and 2 with his 2 losses coming against very good fighters from very good gyms. I give Dobson a punchers chance, he certainly has the ability to hurt his opponents, but I'll take Blade with a late round KO."

Last edited by Breeze : 07-31-2003 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:56 AM   #336
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre_Fight Assessment - Burt Sugar

Les Cherries (4-1-0) (3-1) vs Billy Bob Bunyon (3-0-1) (2/0) - 6'7" 214 lbs

"This is an interesting fight. Bunyon by all accounts is a dancer, but his power is present. With 2 KO's he can be dangerous. Cherries power is obvious. He has had the uncanny ability to cut opponents."

----------------predictions----------------

Sugar "Cherries has looked very good lately, but Dobson is extremely well conditioned and will throw a bunch of jabs. I don't think Cherries will be able to do enough damage to get the late round KO, and I know he won't be able to outscore him on the cards. I'll take Dobson with a decission."

Atlas "Dobson's power is incredible overrated. His 2 KOs came against a woman, Shelia Harrison who has been KOed in 6 of her 8 fights, and Trent "I'm a Punching Bag" Stone who's 1-48-0 and has lost all 48 fights by KO. Dobson is a great jab artist, but forget the power. I think Cherries will get inside and wear him out. I'll take Cherries with a 12th round KO."

Foreman "Dobson - 6'7" 214 pounds. That boy needs to eat something. He needs to get some fat on him so he can absorb punches better. I think he's too thin, and Cherries is going to pound those ribs. I wouldn't be suprised if he broke a couple. Cherries with a KO."
Old 07-31-2003, 06:09 AM   #337
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Who did Trent Stone beat, pray tell?

SI

Old 07-31-2003, 06:10 AM   #338
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-fight Assessment - Sugar Ray Leonard

Joe Joe O'Kelly (5-1-0) (5/1) vs Super Joe Blow 4-0-0 (2/0)

"Someone needs to tell these 7 footers that basketball is a better option. Blow is another 7 foot tall fighter that likes to jab from the outside. Blow has 2 KOs but don't read to much into that....one of the KOs was the infamous Trent Stone (1-48-0) (1/48). Blow is a good fighter for sure, and he uses an interesting tactic in fights...he basically takes the first 3 rounds off...throwing only 6 total punches 2 jabs, 2 power punches and 2 rights. However in the 4th his activity level goes through the roof - like 14-6-6. Joe Joe is the classic clinching bomber."

-----------predictions-----------

Sugar Ray "I like the classic boxers, that live with the jab, and load up with the combinations. Maybe it's just because I was that way, but I have a hard time picking against fighter with those skills. I'll take Blow with a decission."

Forman "Screw those been poles. Give me the big guy (O'Kelly) and a KO."

Kellerman "Haven't we been here before with O'Kelly? McPrescott was a better fighter than Blow. Blow has a little more power, but I don't think enough to hurt O'Kelly. Put your money on Joe Joe, but I'd say it will take him at least 10 rounds to get the KO."
Old 07-31-2003, 08:09 AM   #339
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Beyond the Glory - Trent Stone

Beyond the Glory – Trent Stone

Typically, Behind the Glory details the life and times of great sports performers who have achieved fame from their athletic prowess. In this case we are interested in a fighter who has achieved fame, or more accurately infamy, for being a terrible fighter. Trent Stone, 1-48-0 with 1 KO win and 48 KO losses has developed a rather large cult following. His fans, who tend to be masochists, love – and pay – to watch Stone get his head pounded.

“It’s pretty much a train-wreak mentality with his fans,” explains Burt Sugar. “I’m sure these are the same people that rent Faces of Death over and over.”

It all started out like any other kids dream. A 5’ 10” 260 lb 17 year old kid who was known in the neighborhood as a tough guy, decided there was money to be made using his skills as a fighter. He signed a contract with Darkside Territory Gym in Herndon, Virginia, and began training for his first fight.

Al Dark, yes the same MLB player, and Gym owner said,”Originally, Stone showed some promise. Yes he was out of shape, but street fighting rarely involves footwork or more than a few punches. I felt trainer Steven Side would be able to get him ready for the rigors of the fight game.”

The first fight was an omen of what was to become of Stones career. Stone stepped in against Joey Sixtinine and the fight was stopped by the ref after 11 seconds. In that fight Stone never even threw a punch.

His second fight was an exact clone of the first. 11 seconds in the ref stops the fight with Stone having yet to throw a punch.

“We began to think Stone was suffering from stage fright,” explained Trainer Steven Side. “In sparring he looked pretty good. I won’t say he looked like a champion yet, but he threw punches and won fights. But when the lights went on…he got a glassy stare and froze. We brought in Jack Lewellen, the Sports Psycologist who helped John Smoltz overcome his problems to talk with Stone.”

The third fight was much better for Stone, it lasted 21 seconds. However, Stone did manage to throw 2 punches. The first missed, but the second displayed the power Stone was reported to possess.

“That second punch of the 3rd fight nearly flattened Fatboy Franklin,” Side explained. “We were getting excited about a possible turnaround, and we hired Lewellen to do more consultations.”

The extra consultations didn’t help. Stone’s 4 through 13th fights went 11 seconds each. At that point Lewellen decided the time spent talking with Stone wasn’t worth it.

“I was becoming depressed, and it was obvious to me he wasn’t a fighter. I don’t know if it is stage fright, glass jaw or simply the kid sucks at boxing, but I wasn’t going to work with him any more.”

The 15th fight marked a high point in Stones career. Although still a loss after 21 seconds, Stone knocked down Donde Bano for 7 seconds early in the fight.

Fights 16 and 17…were 11 second jobs and 18 went 21 seconds.

Trainer Steven Side, “We thought about cutting Stone from the gym, but at this point his cult following had begun to build, and we were starting to make some money on his fights. Al and I discussed it and we decided to let him keep fighting, at least until we got enough money to pay off Lewellen’s bills.”

Fight 19 went 31 seconds, and Stone hurt Lay Oud several times. Fight 20 was again 31 seconds then 21 was 51 seconds.

“Stone was starting to last longer and longer in fights, and he was hurting his opponents, he was just unable to finish them off.” Side details. “We decided to try and get him a win by working on his chin and stamina.”

Fights 22 thru 24 contradicted the improvement Stone had made as he fell back to 11 second losses.

Then in the 25 fight…with a record of 0-24-0 and all 24 losses being by KO, Stone stepped in against Joe Kubiak, another lovable loser. Kubiak had a record of 0-4-0 with all 4 losses by KO. The fight lasted 11 seconds…only this time it was Stone that won.

“The place erupted.” Explained Al Dark. “You would have thought we won the heavyweight championship, not our first fight in 25 tries.”

Ironically, the win initially reduced the number of Stone followers.

“I think people wanted to see him lose and after he won…they began to follow Kubiak,” Larry Merchant.

Kubiak then became the fighter the train-wreak mentality glommed to. Kubiaks career, although not as long as Stone’s, some would say was worse. He retired after 16 consecutive KO losses and no wins.

Slowly the Stone cult returned to watch the big lug get his brain beat in, and he didn’t disappoint. The win didn’t turn his career around. In fact, since the win he has never gone longer than 31 seconds.

“Dhay twalked me bout ‘tiring, buts I’s habben flun.” Stone explains.

Many doctors are trying to get him removed from the fight business for his health, but Stone has gone to court to protect his right to make money.

Al Dark, “We keep trying to tell him to give it up, but I don’t think he could make as much money as he does getting beat up, doing anything else. We’re kind of between a rock and hard place. We’ll keep telling him to retire, in fact we’ll give him a job in the gym doing something, but we won’t make him retire.

So the #314 ranked (which is the lowest ranking for any fighter with more than 3 fights), Stone continues to spend his 10 to 30 seconds getting pounded for cash, to the cheers and adulation of his mentally deranged fans.

P.S. the National Safety Council is considering using Stone as a Crash Test Dummy in their next buckle-up ad campaign.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:44 AM   #340
Travis
Pro Rookie

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, no love from the 'experts', let's prove them wrong Joe!
Old 07-31-2003, 09:04 AM   #341
Blade
College Prospect

Man, a fight against another desperate fighter...I need a top performance here!

Old 08-01-2003, 05:22 AM   #342
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 177 pounds (80 kilograms) with a record of 1 win, 0 draws, and 0 losses fighting for Richmond Fight Zone out of Richmond, Virginia is Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 4 inches (193 centimeters) tall weighing in at 188 pounds (85 kilograms) with a record of 1 win, 0 draws, and 0 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Brian "The Butcher" Babson!!

ROUND 1

The Butcher fights from outside. (outside)

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 21 of 50 punches -- 6 power punches, 9 jabs, 6 rights. (60 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 41 of 67 punches -- 2 power punches, 37 jabs, 2 rights. (88 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 10-9.

Chinese Knock-Knock doesn't need to rest.

The Butcher doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 18 of 46 punches -- 5 power punches, 8 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 44 of 70 punches -- 2 power punches, 40 jabs, 2 rights. (94 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 21 of 61 punches -- 6 power punches, 9 jabs, 6 rights. (60 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 42 of 77 punches -- 2 power punches, 38 jabs, 2 rights. (90 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 18 of 55 punches -- 5 power punches, 8 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 54 of 90 punches -- 2 power punches, 50 jabs, 2 rights. (114 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 40-36.

ROUND 5

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 21 of 54 punches -- 6 power punches, 9 jabs, 6 rights. (60 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 57 of 89 punches -- 2 power punches, 53 jabs, 2 rights. (120 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 50-45.

The Butcher remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 6

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 21 of 54 punches -- 6 power punches, 9 jabs, 6 rights. (60 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 54 of 94 punches -- 2 power punches, 50 jabs, 2 rights. (114 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 60-54.

ROUND 7

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 54 of 86 punches -- 2 power punches, 50 jabs, 2 rights. (114 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 70-63.

ROUND 8

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 18 of 56 punches -- 5 power punches, 8 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 29 of 58 punches -- 2 power punches, 25 jabs, 2 rights. (64 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 80-72.

ROUND 9

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 18 of 53 punches -- 5 power punches, 8 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 39 of 74 punches -- 2 power punches, 35 jabs, 2 rights. (84 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 90-81.

ROUND 10

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 21 of 58 punches -- 6 power punches, 9 jabs, 6 rights. (60 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 42 of 75 punches -- 2 power punches, 38 jabs, 2 rights. (90 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 100-90.

The Butcher grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 11

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 18 of 53 punches -- 5 power punches, 8 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 35 of 72 punches -- 2 power punches, 31 jabs, 2 rights. (76 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 110-99.

ROUND 12

Jim "Chinese Knock-Knock" Bob landed 17 of 50 punches -- 5 power punches, 7 jabs, 5 rights. (49 points)
Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 42 of 78 punches -- 2 power punches, 38 jabs, 2 rights. (90 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 120-108.

Chinese Knock-Knock remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 2: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 3: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 4: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 5: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 6: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 7: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 8: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 9: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 10: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 11: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 12: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9

Total Score: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 120-108

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

Brian "The Butcher" Babson wins by decision!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:26 AM   #343
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jim Gray stops Joe Bagadonuts before he and Hurricane Saunders head into the ring.

"Joe how do you feel about this one?"

"As I've said all along, if we can get to the 3rd I like our chances."

"Thanks Joe."

----------------------------------------

Dro 5 comes out of the locker room. Jim stops him.

"Dro you ready for this fight?"

"Blood. I need Blood."

"OK....um....where is your cornerman?"

"Don't need a cornerman, fights are so short it's a waste of money."
Old 08-01-2003, 05:28 AM   #344
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 6 inches (168 centimeters) tall weighing in at 173 pounds (78 kilograms) with a record of 5 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for Dangerous (Memphis` Finest) out of Memphis, Tennessee is Dro Finder 5!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 175 pounds (79 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders!!

ROUND 1

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders has 140.0 endurance points remaining.
Your tactics: aggressiveness = 5.0, power = 3.0, defense = 12.0, resting 0.0
You are trying to wear him out with body blows.

Dro Finder 5 is throwing big punches. (inside)
Hurricane is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Hurricane tries a jab to the eye, but Dro Finder 5 blocks it .
Dro Finder 5 jars Hurricane with an elbow! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!
Dro Finder 5 throws a hook to the nose, but Hurricane steps aside .
Dro Finder 5 attacks with an uppercut to the head, but Hurricane avoids it .
Dro Finder 5 attacks with a hook to the chin, but Hurricane slips it .
Hurricane drills Dro Finder 5 with a furious roundhouse to the stomach.
Hurricane tries a jab to the ribs, but Dro Finder 5 ducks .
Dro Finder 5 throws a left to the head.
Dro Finder 5 scores with a sweeping right to the head.

Dro Finder 5 lands a tremendous right right cross and Hurricane is knocked down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

Hurricane climbs to his feet and the fight goes on!

Dro Finder 5 takes charge with a hook to the eye.
Hurricane reaches with an uppercut to the chest, but Dro Finder 5 ducks .
Dro Finder 5 attacks with a cross to the eye, but Hurricane ducks .
Dro Finder 5 annoys Hurricane with a hook to the head.
Dro Finder 5 attacks with a sweeping right to the stomach, but only touches with it .
Hurricane throws a quick jab to the stomach. Dro Finder 5 sneers!
Hurricane attempts a cross to the chest, but is ineffective .
Dro Finder 5 probes with an overhand right to the face, but Hurricane evades it .
Dro Finder 5 fires an uppercut to the eye, but Hurricane quickly backs away .
Hurricane annoys Dro Finder 5 with a quick jab to the head. Dro Finder 5 sneers!
Hurricane lunges with a jab to the stomach, but it's short .
Dro Finder 5 throws a hook to the temple, but it's weak .

BELL!

Dro Finder 5 landed 17 of 48 punches -- 13 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (64 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 13 of 31 punches -- 2 power punches, 9 jabs, 2 rights. (32 points)

Dro Finder 5 won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

Dro Finder 5 is winning the fight 10-8.

Dro Finder 5 remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Hurricane doesn't need to rest.

Your fighter lost 8.9 points of endurance this round due to damage, and 1.0 points due to fatigue. He took 22.5 points of stun damage this round. He has accumulated 11 points of damage in the fight.

ROUND 2

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders has 131.1 endurance points remaining.

Dro Finder 5 wallops Hurricane with an illegal rabbit punch! The Ref must be blind!
Dro Finder 5 hits with a roundhouse to the eye.
Dro Finder 5 fires a hook to the temple, but Hurricane backpedals .
Dro Finder 5 catches Hurricane with a solid uppercut to the chin.
Hurricane lands an uppercut to the stomach. Dro Finder 5 ignores it.
Dro Finder 5 attempts an overhand right to the stomach, but Hurricane leaps aside .
Dro Finder 5 throws an overhand right to the face. Hurricane seems wobbly!! It looks like he might go down..
Dro Finder 5 throws a straight right to the jaw, but Hurricane evades it .
Dro Finder 5 lashes out with a sweeping right to the head, but Hurricane escapes .
Hurricane tries to land a jab to the stomach, but Dro Finder 5 slips it .
Hurricane attacks with a jab to the stomach, but Dro Finder 5 covers up .
Dro Finder 5 attacks with an uppercut to the solar plexus, but Hurricane steps aside .
Dro Finder 5 launches a hook to the head, but Hurricane steps aside .
Hurricane punches Dro Finder 5 with a jab to the stomach.
Dro Finder 5 launches a hook to the head, but Hurricane avoids it .
Hurricane probes with an uppercut to the head, but Dro Finder 5 covers up .
Hurricane charges with a jab to the stomach, but Dro Finder 5 ties him up .
Hurricane tries a jab to the stomach, but Dro Finder 5 slips it .
Hurricane attacks with a right to the stomach, but Dro Finder 5 knocks it away .
Hurricane lands a clean jab to the ribs.

BELL!

Dro Finder 5 landed 12 of 40 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (45 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 12 of 34 punches -- 2 power punches, 8 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)

Dro Finder 5 won the round 10-9 by stunning Hurricane.

Dro Finder 5 is winning the fight 20-17.

Dro Finder 5 grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

Your fighter lost 6.3 points of endurance this round due to damage, and 1.0 points due to fatigue. He took 17.1 points of stun damage this round. He has accumulated 19 points of damage in the fight.

ROUND 3

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders has 125.4 endurance points remaining.

Hurricane hits with a jab to the stomach.
Dro Finder 5 lashes out with a right to the ribs, but Hurricane avoids it .
Dro Finder 5 probes with an uppercut to the stomach, but Hurricane narrowly avoids it .
Hurricane launches a jab to the solar plexus, but Dro Finder 5 ducks .
Hurricane lands a jab to the stomach.
Dro Finder 5 attacks with an overhand right to the stomach, but Hurricane quickly backs away .
Hurricane lunges with a roundhouse to the stomach, but Dro Finder 5 slips it .
Hurricane scores with a clean jab to the stomach. Dro Finder 5 quickly recovers.
Hurricane throws a jab to the stomach.
Dro Finder 5 fires a roundhouse to the head, but is ineffective .
Hurricane launches a straight right to the ribs, but Dro Finder 5 slips it .
Hurricane punches Dro Finder 5 with a right to the solar plexus.
Hurricane tries to land a jab to the mouth, but misses completely .
Hurricane annoys Dro Finder 5 with a hook to the solar plexus.
Dro Finder 5 throws an uppercut to the head, but Hurricane backpedals .
Dro Finder 5 connects with a quick right hand to the temple.
Hurricane throws a jab to the stomach, but falls short .
Dro Finder 5 probes with an uppercut to the head, but he's off balance .
Hurricane attacks with a jab to the solar plexus, but it's short .
Dro Finder 5 connects with a hook to the face.
Dro Finder 5 wallops Hurricane with an illegal rabbit punch! The referee sees it and takes a point away!!
Dro Finder 5 lashes out with an overhand right to the mouth, but Hurricane avoids it .
Dro Finder 5 fires a right hand to the temple, but is ineffective .
Dro Finder 5 catches Hurricane with a wild hook to the eye.

BELL!

Dro Finder 5 landed 10 of 43 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 23 of 45 punches -- 4 power punches, 15 jabs, 4 rights. (58 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders won the round 10-8 with more accurate punching. Dro Finder 5 had a point taken away.

Dro Finder 5 is winning the fight 28-27.

Dro Finder 5 is slowing down.

Your fighter lost 5.3 points of endurance this round due to damage, and 1.0 points due to fatigue. He took 15.7 points of stun damage this round. He has accumulated 26 points of damage in the fight.

ROUND 4

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders has 121.3 endurance points remaining.
Your tactics: aggressiveness = 5.0, power = 7.0, defense = 8.0, resting 0.0

Hurricane traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Dro Finder 5 attacks with a right hand to the eye, but Hurricane blocks it .
Hurricane tries to land a hook to the stomach, but Dro Finder 5 ties him up .
Hurricane fires a right hand to the chest.
Dro Finder 5 fires an uppercut to the head. Hurricane staggers!! The crowd is going wild!!
Hurricane attacks with a sweeping right to the chest, but Dro Finder 5 covers up .
Dro Finder 5 attacks with an uppercut to the face.
Dro Finder 5 reaches with an uppercut to the nose, but Hurricane slips it .
Hurricane reaches with an uppercut to the stomach, but Dro Finder 5 slips it .
Hurricane throws a left to the solar plexus, but it's weak .
Dro Finder 5 jars Hurricane with a low blow! That was totally uncalled for!
Dro Finder 5 probes with a hook to the temple, but Hurricane covers himself well .
Hurricane jars Dro Finder 5 with a powerful hook to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!
Hurricane jars Dro Finder 5 with a big right to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!! Dro Finder 5 grimaces in pain.
Dro Finder 5 charges with an uppercut to the head, but Hurricane evades it .
Dro Finder 5 charges with a hook to the mouth, but Hurricane covers up .
Dro Finder 5 launches a right to the eye, but Hurricane slips it .
Dro Finder 5 throws a hook to the chin, but Hurricane ducks .
Hurricane annoys Dro Finder 5 with a left to the stomach.
Hurricane annoys Dro Finder 5 with a hook to the nose.
Hurricane jars Dro Finder 5 with a big hook to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!

... Hurricane is hammering relentlessly! Dro Finder 5 starts to cry! The Referee stops the fight!
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:40

Dro Finder 5 can't remember which corner is his. He has swelling around his left eye.

Hurricane remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Your fighter lost 5.1 points of endurance this round due to damage, and 1.5 points due to fatigue. He took 17.7 points of stun damage this round. He has accumulated 32 points of damage in the fight.

Judge Roy Bean had the fight scored as follows:

Round 1: Dro Finder 5 10-8
Round 2: Dro Finder 5 10-9
Round 3: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-8

Judge Judy had the fight scored as follows:

Judge Lao Mang Chen had the fight scored as follows:

Old 08-01-2003, 05:31 AM   #345
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts, "Kid, I knew you could do it. And I knew that old baseball bat chin training technique would help."

mumbling Bagadonuts says,"I don't know why boxing commissions outlawed it."

***NOTE: I decided to post the entire summary of the Hurricane fight. It was a short fight, and the highlights didn't completely grasp the intensity of the match.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:38 AM   #346
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Commentary - Max Kellerman

Dro Finder 5, a fighter with devastating power, was reduced to tears in the 4th round by Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders. It was an exciting fight, with Dro dictating early, but Saunders showed his metal, getting off the canvas and beating the feared Dro.

This fight illustrates two things, first...fighters that rely on early KOs are suceptable to good fighter that can take a punch, and most importantly -

Media members need to be aware of the first point and not overhype power punchers who can't go 3 rounds without sucking wind.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-01-2003 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:45 AM   #347
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview - Joe Bagadonuts

Max Kellerman - "An impressive display of fortitude on the part of Hurricane tonight."

Joe "Yup, that kid showed real heart. It's hard to let yourself get beat on like that, especially by someone with Dro's power."

Max, "Were you worried in the 1st when Dro got a Knockdown?"

"Oh yea. I knew it was probably going to happen. It happened a lot in sparring, but you never know if your fighter will be able to get off the mat."

George Forman,"All along you were telling people Hurricane can win this fight. What did you see in the Dro that gave you that opinion?"

"George, unlike you, Dro was a power puncher that had to get his KO in the first couple of rounds. I knew if we stretched this thing out he would become a sitting duck. And don't forget Saunders has the strength get KOs too."

Sugar Ray, "OK, OK...it was a nice win for Saunders, but I want to talk about the boxing clinic Babson displayed. That kid has quick hands and nice feet."

Joe, "I'm so glad someone asked about Babson. I was afraid he would be overlooked since it's just his second fight. Yes he looks good. The real strength though is the fact he can continue to throw the jabs at the pace he does for 12 rounds with tiring. We still need to get him stronger, but we are making progress on that front."

Last edited by Breeze : 08-01-2003 at 05:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:46 AM   #348
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Great fight plan, Breeze! I was really worried after that first knockdown. I didn't even notice how much he was slowing down and I was really expecting to lose as I was getting closer and closer to the end of the thread in my browser

Babson put on an absolute clinic- won all 12 rounds on all 3 cards!

Hurricane's Post Fight Comments
Joe: "I'm pretty sure that guy wasn't human. Then again, I'm open to foreign food like robots and clones and Eskimos and stuff.

One other thing- you gotta make sure the butcher stops fighting before me. He makes me hungry and it's hard to think during the fight."

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-01-2003 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:52 AM   #349
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

LOL the best line was at the very end "Dro Finder 5 starts to cry!" Nice fight Hurricane!

Butcher is celebrating his most recent victory when he is interviewed by the infamous Reporter:

Reporter: First, congrats on a fine unanimous decision Butcher.

Butcher: Thanks, congrats for lasting all of 11 seconds in the ring with "Blade"

Reporter: Er, yes. Butcher, did you realize ahead of time that you couldn't hurt your opponent and so you'd just try and outpoint him?

Butcher: Hey look, he threw some power at me but he couldn't do any damage, I couldn't tag him with a good shot, but I sure got a lot of hits in.

Reporter: People are saying you're a 'soft' fighter, how do you respond to...

Butcher: SOFT? Who the (bleep) is calling me SOFT? *picks up dumbbell, walks off*

Reporter: Butcher, one last question, can you explain the mechanisms involved in the Krebs cycle?

Butcher: (heard mumbling as he walks off) Joe's gotta get me a fighter with him someday.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:07 AM   #350
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The time is 3am, following the big Hurricane fight. Sheb Morrow wanders down the alley outside the Dangerous Gym, home to the Dro fighers. He stops. Was that a mad howl he heard? He moves in the direction of the sound...towards Dangerous Gym. Finally the howling stops and a voice resonnates from deep inside the building walls: "There's no crying in boxing! Do you hear me, there's no crying in boxing!" And then, barely audible, "This formula was supposed to be perfect."