Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #301
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

The show's been brilliant the last few weeks - while I doubt it will last past the season, its a shame that it will be gone now that its found its feet.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #302
Brillig
College Prospect

Sorkin usually pulls off a good Christmas episode.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #303
Kodos
Resident Alien

My wife and I gave this another chance a week or two ago, but it just didn't do it for us. It was the episode with Howie Mandel as the host.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #304
digamma
Torchbearer

I thought the best episode was the one two weeks ago which was about...wait for it...television.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #305
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Well, it’s happened. Despite my best attempts, I’ve grown attached to this show. Even with the horrible memories of Sports Night still lingering I’ve become invested with the characters and the storylines. I see angry emails to a heartless network in my future, again.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #306
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post
Well, it’s happened. Despite my best attempts, I’ve grown attached to this show. Even with the horrible memories of Sports Night still lingering I’ve become invested with the characters and the storylines. I see angry emails to a heartless network in my future, again.

Sure it makes for a great mental picture of some guy in a darkened room in front of a typewriter banging out letters to network presidents, but I understand that disappointing feeling.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #307
DanGarion
Coordinator

Studio 69 on Van Nuys!

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/12/19/ma...udio-60-video/
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:24 AM   #308
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so, this week Dylan (aka Capital One Guy or car rental reunion Guy) was pitching a skit about a husky gymnast, and at one point the writer suggested a trompoline...

from IMDB:
Once a trampoline gymnast who won national competitions for age group 12-14
Old 01-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #309
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post

I understand that. My Sports Night DVD set is my most re-watched and valued in our collection. I haven't gotten in to Studio 60 yet, mainly because a new baby makes you forget to watch things (and record them). I did see last night's episode, which was good. I love that Lucy Davis is on this show as well. Every time I see her I shout "Dawn Tinsley!" It would be awesome if they could get a Ricky Gervais or Martin Freeman cameo.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #310
wade moore
lolzcat

I thought that this week's episode was middle of the pack in quality. I still enjoy the show, but it wasn't one of their best efforts imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #311
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Needs some 'Shatner' to juice it up!
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 AM   #312
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I love the show, but I'll admit that it still annoys me when Sorkin reuses the same bits. Given that on both American President, SportsNight and The West Wing there situations where a character told another character not to pursue them romantically and the the person always decline, you knew exactly what was going to happen when Jordan asked Danny to stop pursuing her. I was just happy he didn't do it "respectfully."

Aaron Barnhart, TV critic for the Kansas City Star, had an interesting column this week about the 180 the show has done from its premise. When the show debuted, there was zero mention of any romantic subplots and it was supposed to be about the show-within-a-show. Now the show has turned into a romantic dramedy.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #313
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I love the show, but I'll admit that it still annoys me when Sorkin reuses the same bits. Given that on both American President, SportsNight and The West Wing there situations where a character told another character not to pursue them romantically and the the person always decline, you knew exactly what was going to happen when Jordan asked Danny to stop pursuing her. I was just happy he didn't do it "respectfully."

Aaron Barnhart, TV critic for the Kansas City Star, had an interesting column this week about the 180 the show has done from its premise. When the show debuted, there was zero mention of any romantic subplots and it was supposed to be about the show-within-a-show. Now the show has turned into a romantic dramedy.

The wife and I roll our eyes at that tendency too. We love Sports Night and most of TWW but someone needs to clue Sorkin into the fact that most of the people watching Studio 60 are fans of his other shows and have seen these same bits/plots, many times verbatim, for the 3rd or 4th time now. The man is obviously very creative, maybe coming up with some new material wouldn't hurt.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #314
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I thought that this week's episode was middle of the pack in quality. I still enjoy the show, but it wasn't one of their best efforts imo.

Agreed. For me, Danny Tripp and Jordan are just.. annoying. Matt and Harriet are more interesting characters - Perry's playing Chandler Bing, back when he was actually interesting.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #315
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Agreed. For me, Danny Tripp and Jordan are just.. annoying. Matt and Harriet are more interesting characters - Perry's playing Chandler Bing, back when he was actually interesting.

While I thought that they were exposing themselves by showing too much of the skits, I really don't like that they have pulled so far away from it either.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 01-24-2007, 06:47 PM   #316
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

Agreed- the Danny/Jordan thing has much too high of a "cringe" quotient, it's painful to watch.

And, please, let's give Perry some credit. The character of Matt is far less obnoxious than anything put to film on Friends.

That said, the Tom Jeter "Then my work here is done" line was so well delivered it had me laughing for quite a while- easily one of my favorites in the show. Speaking of redo'ing the same material over and over (which he does), this one kindof has the feel of Jeremy and Natalie on Sports Night which was perhaps his best onscreen pairing until he "east coated" the relationship, partways through the second season.

Then again, we all remember it a bit more fondly than it needs to be. The first season was very good, but, in the second, between the William H Macy plot and the Sports-Night-is-getting-bought-out plot , there's a gaping pit of crappy plots including Danny losing his mind so Aaron Sorkin can show us how much he hates shrinks, the Dana dating plan for Casey (Pixley, anyone?), and the trying Natalie/Jeremy breakup.

It was television perfection at its best moments but that was not nearly as often as we'd like to remember.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-24-2007 at 06:47 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #317
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Agreed- the Danny/Jordan thing has much too high of a "cringe" quotient, it's painful to watch.

And, please, let's give Perry some credit. The character of Matt is far less obnoxious than anything put to film on Friends.

That said, the Tom Jeter "Then my work here is done" line was so well delivered it had me laughing for quite a while- easily one of my favorites in the show. Speaking of redo'ing the same material over and over (which he does), this one kindof has the feel of Jeremy and Natalie on Sports Night which was perhaps his best onscreen pairing until he "east coated" the relationship, partways through the second season.

Then again, we all remember it a bit more fondly than it needs to be. The first season was very good, but, in the second, between the William H Macy plot and the Sports-Night-is-getting-bought-out plot , there's a gaping pit of crappy plots including Danny losing his mind so Aaron Sorkin can show us how much he hates shrinks, the Dana dating plan for Casey (Pixley, anyone?), and the trying Natalie/Jeremy breakup.

It was television perfection at its best moments but that was not nearly as often as we'd like to remember.

SI

The 2nd season was a bit weaker, but I think it had more to do with 1) Sorkin splitting time between Sports Night and TWW and 2) network interference. Even the good season 2 episodes lacked the sharpness of the 1st season. The only exception I can really think of is "Cliff Gardner". ABC definitely tried to sell it as a soap opera in the 2nd season, which was a big mistake.

I'm just waiting to find out which character is going to learn that their father has had an affair?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #318
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
The 2nd season was a bit weaker, but I think it had more to do with 1) Sorkin splitting time between Sports Night and TWW and 2) network interference. Even the good season 2 episodes lacked the sharpness of the 1st season. The only exception I can really think of is "Cliff Gardner". ABC definitely tried to sell it as a soap opera in the 2nd season, which was a big mistake.

I'm just waiting to find out which character is going to learn that their father has had an affair?

My vote is on Tom Jeter - after all, we've already met his father, and we don't particularly like him. Or is Tom Jeter's dad = Danny Rydell's dad?
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:15 PM   #319
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
My vote is on Tom Jeter - after all, we've already met his father, and we don't particularly like him. Or is Tom Jeter's dad = Danny Rydell's dad?

Yeah, I think that's a better analogy. In the Sports Night and TWW versions, the cheating father was someone the character had respected until that point. then again, Tom is probably closer to Jeremy/Sam than any of the other characters.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #320
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I had saved the John Goodman episodes (and everything after) since I wanted to watch both parts together and then couldn't find the time or desire to watch 2 hours of the show. Recently I caught up on all of the episodes from that point. I went from someone who really wanted to like the show to someone who really likes the show.

Going away from the show within the show has been a great move. There is still enough of it to be a big part of the show, but they are starting to focus more on the people behind the show. The addition of more humor has been great as well.

The show is a bit preachy, but so far it has been preachy in ways that are pretty safe or happen to agree with my views. For those with opposite views, the show could probably be annoying.

The show also has a tendency to be more "realistic" than most people can handle. What I mean by "realistic" is that all of the characters working in the same industry understand the same references. Most shows (CSI, House, etc) tend to have one doctor explaining a medical procedure in painfully simple details to another doctor. Clearly this is for the benefit of the audience, but if always feels hollow that doctors have to have those conversations. Studio 60 will have a character throw out a "2000 year old man" reference and all of the other characters follow along...even if some of the audience would have to look it up to understand.

Studio 60 will remain on my must-see list until the end of the season when it will probably quietly slip away.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #321
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
... until the end of the season when it will probably quietly slip away.

I really have a hard time imagining that you aren't right about that.

Overnight ratings from last night show a repeat of CSI:Miami winning the hour over 60 3.9 to 3.0, with ABC closing the gap with a 2.7 for What About Brian.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #322
kcchief19
Pro Starter

It's the usual odd mix for a Sorkin show. The ratings are not great, but the demographics are fabulous. Studio 60 is also the most Tivo'd show on network television right now, which Sorkin claims would boost their ratings 12 percent. The drawback is that it's assumed most people Tivo to commercial skip, so that doesn't help.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #323
Easy Mac

If this show ends up failing in the end, Nate Corddry needs a show of his own. And not some crappy Inside Schwartz sitcom.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:44 PM   #324
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Doooooooooom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDB
NBC plans to pull its critically praised but ratings-challenged comedies Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and 30 Rock from its schedule next month, replacing them with two new series. The Black Donnellys is set to debut on Monday, March 5 at 10:00 p.m., following the network's hit drama Heroes, while Andy Barker, P.I., starring Andy Richter takes over the 9:30 pm. time slot on Thursdays beginning March 15. The network promised that Studio 60 will returned "later this season on a date to be determined." 30 Rock, which recently won a Golden Globe and SAG Award for star Alec Baldwin, is scheduled to return on April 19.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 AM   #325
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

You speak English?
A Few Words.
Which ones?
All of them.

Comedy writing was great - Jordan and Danny were ... not.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #326
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
You speak English?
A Few Words.
Which ones?
All of them.

Comedy writing was great - Jordan and Danny were ... not.
You could tell that joke had been coming for several episodes, but it was still pulled off well.

Another development that had been telegraphed but was still good television from last night was the moment you could see Matt's collapse when faced confronted with Harriet trying to move past him. Given that we had already been given the setup that his success and self-confidence is tied to her, you knew that when she pulled the trigger on him it would devestate him. Matthew Perry pulled off the scene at the awards dinner quite well.

Looks like next week we're getting our first flashback episode. Not sure how I feel about that. The flashback episodes on The West Wing were typically quite good. I always thought it was interesting that we got flashbacks on The West Wing frequently but never saw one on SportsNight. I realize the hour drama is a better fit than a half hour comedy, but considering the success he had had with them on The West Wing, their abscene on SportsNight is glaring.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #327
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
You could tell that joke had been coming for several episodes, but it was still pulled off well.

Another development that had been telegraphed but was still good television from last night was the moment you could see Matt's collapse when faced confronted with Harriet trying to move past him. Given that we had already been given the setup that his success and self-confidence is tied to her, you knew that when she pulled the trigger on him it would devestate him. Matthew Perry pulled off the scene at the awards dinner quite well.

Looks like next week we're getting our first flashback episode. Not sure how I feel about that. The flashback episodes on The West Wing were typically quite good. I always thought it was interesting that we got flashbacks on The West Wing frequently but never saw one on SportsNight. I realize the hour drama is a better fit than a half hour comedy, but considering the success he had had with them on The West Wing, their abscene on SportsNight is glaring.

You realize SportsNight was before TWW, right? I think you said it yourself: the format of the shows was completely different. The pacing, dialogue, plot etc of SportsNight didn't lend itself at all to flashbacks and they would have seemed rather out of place. Not to mention that when Jeremy comes on board at the first ep is when all of the main characters are together for the first time unlike in TWW where they had been together for a couple of years (counting campaign and election).
Old 02-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #328
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

30 rock is one of my favorite shows. i am not happy.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #329
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschex View Post
You realize SportsNight was before TWW, right? I think you said it yourself: the format of the shows was completely different. The pacing, dialogue, plot etc of SportsNight didn't lend itself at all to flashbacks and they would have seemed rather out of place. Not to mention that when Jeremy comes on board at the first ep is when all of the main characters are together for the first time unlike in TWW where they had been together for a couple of years (counting campaign and election).
I'm guessing it's the half-hour format that's the difference. Trust me, I'm perfectly aware of the timeline. My surprise has more to do with the fact that as much as I like Sorkin's writing, he's very repetitive in his themes and devices.

In the vein, one of Sorkin's most often used devices is the extensive backstory on the characters. Many of the characters not only have a fully fleshed out backstory, but his characters also have histories that entertwine. In TWW, we saw the story of Bartlet's first campaign through several flashbacks and how everyone came together. We even saw the occassional flashback for just one single character to an earlier time in their life and how that impacted them. I find it odd that in the few months between SN and TWW he suddenly found it.

There were plenty of backstories on SN to tell -- Dana and Casey's history, how Casey and Dan came together, how Isaac hired the staff, etc. That's difficult to do in a half-hour, which is why I guess we never saw it.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 02-06-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #330
digamma
Torchbearer

It looks like MadTV got there first, but I thought a few of you might enjoy a short parody of the show a couple of my buddies put together. Of course, several of you will probably dislike it and won't be afraid to say so.

Nevertheless, they present "Stall 60 on the Sunset Strip."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srnnAaMltQA
Old 02-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #331
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
It looks like MadTV got there first, but I thought a few of you might enjoy a short parody of the show a couple of my buddies put together. Of course, several of you will probably dislike it and won't be afraid to say so.

Hahaha... I thought it was damned funny!

Quote:
Old 02-14-2007, 09:37 AM   #332
Green Caesar
n00b

Quote:

"We're not walking right now."
... "Weird."

"I can talk faster."

Great stuff ... and spot on.

Last edited by Green Caesar : 02-14-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Green Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #333
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...x_31.asp#10192
A day after once-promising “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” posted its lowest adults 18-49 rating of the season, barely besting ABC’s weak “What About Brian,” the Aaron Sorkin drama is being yanked early for “The Black Donnellys.” The latter was supposed to premiere in March, but NBC apparently decided it would be smart to debut it during the February sweeps, when it could run behind an original episode of the hit show “Heroes” rather than a rerun. “Donnellys” will take over “Strip’s” 10 p.m. Monday timeslot on Feb. 26. NBC has not said when or if “Strip,” which is averaging a 3.4 on the season but hasn’t hit a rating that high in months, will return. The first-year show has done well among affluent audiences but is expensive to produce with its myriad of big-name stars. It looks increasingly likely that it will not return next year.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #334
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think I'm just going to start waiting to watch new shows, until they are on DVD and after they've been picked up for the second season. I'm sick of investing time watching shows that are never resolved (a la Reunion, Eyes, Love Monkey, and Studio 60).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #335
Green Caesar
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I think I'm just going to start waiting to watch new shows, until they are on DVD and after they've been picked up for the second season. I'm sick of investing time watching shows that are never resolved (a la Reunion, Eyes, Love Monkey, and Studio 60).

I agree 100%

Reunion was not a very good show ... but I still want to know what happened!
And Love Monkey had potential to be a very good show.

Last edited by Green Caesar : 02-14-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Green Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #336
Capital
High School Varsity

I stopped watching it after 3 epsidoes. It reminded me too much of The West Wing, which had already run it's course.

Really, I had 3 episodes built up on my DVR and didn't care if they were deleted due to space issues. That's when I knew I had my fill of that show.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #337
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Caesar View Post
"We're not walking right now."
... "Weird."

"I can talk faster."

Great stuff ... and spot on.

Two of my favorite lines as well. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll pass along the positive feedback to my buddies.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #338
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Caesar View Post
I agree 100%

Reunion was not a very good show ... but I still want to know what happened!
And Love Monkey had potential to be a very good show.

For Reunion - The creator eventually said what happened, but I forgot.

And Love Monkey did not have the potential to be a good show. This first episode was fantastic. The second was ok, by the third, the wheels had come completely off.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:27 PM   #339
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Two of my favorite lines as well. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll pass along the positive feedback to my buddies.

I also thought it was fantastic. I posted a link at the group blog I have, which includes a guy who loooooooooves Aaron Sorkin. I'm really looking forward to his reaction.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:08 PM   #340
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
I also thought it was fantastic. I posted a link at the group blog I have, which includes a guy who loooooooooves Aaron Sorkin. I'm really looking forward to his reaction.

Do you have a link to your blog? I'd love to follow the track.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #341
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

www.ontapblog.com

Jim Geraghty's the big Aaron Sorkin fan.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #342
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
www.ontapblog.com

Jim Geraghty's the big Aaron Sorkin fan.

I was going to ask - I haven't seen him mention it on the NR bit he does.

Nice site Cam - seems entertaining.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #343
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

The "Drugs are ok, especially in airports" line got me. Good stuff.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #344
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...icle_10291.asp

What was once the most anticipated new show of the season left the air with a whimper last night for an extended and perhaps permanent hiatus.

“Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” fell to a series-low 2.6 adults 18-49 rating, according to Nielsen overnights, finishing 0.1 behind ABC’s struggling “What About Brian” in the 10 p.m. timeslot.

That was 0.2 behind its 2.8 overnight last week, its previous season low. And it was 24 percent below “Strip’s” 3.4 season-to-date average. The recent ratings decline has come as the drama about life at a “Saturday Night Live”-style late-night show changed its focus from Hollywood insider stuff to romance.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #345
Easy Mac

If you want to see what they are replacing it with, The Black Donnellys pilot is on Yahoo TV right now. It was OK. The lead is a goofier looking Tobey Maquire, and it takes the better part of the entire pilot to really start moving at all, but the last 5 minutes or so starts to redeem it. I'd say the Studio 60 pilot was far superior, and I didn't even really enjoy the S60 pilot.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #346
Fouts
College Starter

I never watched The West Wing, but I enjoy the dialogue on Studio 60i. I watch Studio 60 every week after Heroes, but I won't be watching the Black Donnelly's. I'm sure NBC doesn't care either way.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:11 AM   #347
wade moore
lolzcat

I enjoyed Studio 60, but I have to say that I'm not shedding tears over this...

On the other side, I'm hopeful about the Black Donnellys... I'm a sucker for anything Irish related, and stuff about the kids in Boston is generally particularly good.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #348
Joe
Pro Starter

Studio 60 is back on Thursday, May 24 at 10 PM ET. Yes, the day after sweeps ends.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #349
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Studio 60 is back on Thursday, May 24 at 10 PM ET. Yes, the day after sweeps ends.

Good please cancel ER and give Studio 60 it's time slot

I know it's not going to happen but I can wish
Old 04-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #350
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
Good please cancel ER and give Studio 60 it's time slot. I know it's not going to happen but I can wish

Although I would strongly lean toward agreeing with you (that it won't happen) it probably isn't quite as unthinkable as it would have been a couple of years ago.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...icle_11737.asp
NBC’s Thursday night lineup fell to its lowest rating in at least two decades among adults 18-49 last night, the second time it’s done so in three weeks. It wasn’t helped by the season finale of “30 Rock,” which was the night’s third-lowest-rated show on the Big Four broadcast networks.

NBC finished third on the night with a 3.2 average rating and 8 share, according to Nielsen overnights. That was its lowest Thursday rating with all-original programming since Nielsen began using people meters in 1987. Its second lowest was two weeks ago, when it averaged a 3.3, and it’s also off from its 3.8 season-to-date average.

“Rock” was even to the previous week with a 2.4 at 9 p.m., tying its lowest Thursday outing of the season. The show has already been picked up for season two, but its ratings will have to improve for the network to continue to stay behind it.

It wasn’t the network’s lowest-rated show, though. That was lead-out “Scrubs,” which dipped 21 percent week to week, from a 2.9 to a season-low 2.3.

Meanwhile, “My Name is Earl” was just 0.1 away from tying a series low with a 3.2 at 8 p.m., and “ER” did tie a series low for the third straight week with a 3.7, finishing third in the 10 p.m. timeslot it once dominated.

Media people expect changes on Thursdays at the network’s upfront presentation next month. ABC and CBS have moved well ahead of NBC on the night, and while “Scrubs” is the only sitcom that hasn’t been renewed for next year, it’s doubtful they’ll all stay on this night.