Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #302
Pyser
Pro Rookie

yes please
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #303
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Just saw the finale (thanks DVR). Just absolutely excellent. The way they did the finale, especially how they showed State and the aftermath was some of the most brilliant TV I've ever seen.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #304
RainMaker
General Manager

Kyle Chandler beat out Jon Hamm and some others for the Emmy for Best Actor in a Drama series. The show also got one for outstanding writing in a drama. Long overdue. Sad Zach Gilford never got one for supporting actor, he's one of the best in the business.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #305
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Just finished watching Season 5 on DVD. Very nice season to end a great show. Sad to see it go but they got way more seasons than we could have ever hoped and it went out on top.

The one thing this show does better than others is the little things. So many details you catch when you look back. It also captures life extremely well. There aren't really happy endings, just endings. There was a scene in the 2nd to last episode that captured this show perfectly.

Spoiler

I'll also say that "The Son" in Season 4 was the single greatest episode of television show I've ever seen. Zach Gilford is a remarkable actor and I was blown away by his performance.

If there is anyone out there who hasn't seen this show yet, do it. It's on Netflix Instant and is truly a gem.

When JD and his Douchebag dad show up with the fruit basket, and are immediately dispatched, it was one of the greatest moments of TV I can remember
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #306
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

So I'm about eight years too late on this but am finally getting around to it. Just finished up the first season which was fantastic. I regret not getting into it sooner.

I have a question though. I've heard bad things about season 2. While I've avoided the majority of the spoilers, I do know about the murder or attempt murder plot. Just how bad is season 2? Is it so bad it should be skipped. I'm a bit of a completist so for continuity purposes, I'd really hate doing that. Is it just something that needs to be powered through to get to the better stuff? Please note that I'm still not sure if it's a murder or just attempt murder so please don't spoil it.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #307
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Fast forward any scene involving Minka Kelly and her Jesus boyfriend.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #308
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Season 2 is relatively weak, but I don't think you should just skip it entirely.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:26 AM   #309
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't think the infamous plot was as bad as people made it out to be. Just burn through it and know it gets better.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #310
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought the Lyla plot was worse.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:46 AM   #311
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
So I'm about eight years too late on this but am finally getting around to it. Just finished up the first season which was fantastic. I regret not getting into it sooner.

I have a question though. I've heard bad things about season 2. While I've avoided the majority of the spoilers, I do know about the murder or attempt murder plot. Just how bad is season 2? Is it so bad it should be skipped. I'm a bit of a completist so for continuity purposes, I'd really hate doing that. Is it just something that needs to be powered through to get to the better stuff? Please note that I'm still not sure if it's a murder or just attempt murder so please don't spoil it.

If you like the show, just keep watching it. I don't understand skipping a season. There will obviously be storylines, and character development that continue on.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote