Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #301
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I found this on Kukla's. These guys have been put on waivers. It's translated from French I believe. I love internet translations:

At least three players were placed at the ballot in the national League Wednesday. Thus, in Vancouver, Canucks made available to the other teams, the attacker Marc Chouinard.

In Phoneix, the Coyotes made the same thing with the center Kevyn Adams and the defender Nick Boynton.

In 42 parts the year spent, Chouinard marked two goals and obtained as many master keys.

For its part, Adams marked three goals and nine master keys in 33 meetings. As for Boynton, it registered two goals and nine master keys in 59 matches.

It should be provided that the contracts of all these players are repurchased by their team respective if they are not claimed.

At the Canadian, Jassen Cullimore and Tony Salmelainen were not claimed with the ballot.

Boynton was waived??
They couldn't get SOMETHING for him?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #302
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

that was my thought as well
Old 06-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #303
Pyser
Pro Rookie

alright, lets dance. predict the team they'll end up with, and the terms of the contract (ie souray - toronto, 5 yr, 40m).

i went through the list fast, if there's someone you are really interested in, i can add them or you can add them yourself.

Scott Gomez
Chris Drury
Daniel Briere
Ryan Smyth
Sheldon Souray
Peter Forsberg
Brian Rafalski
Michael Nylander
Alexei Yashin
Jason Blake
Tom Preissing
Mike Comrie
Michael Peca
Todd Bertuzzi
Robert Lang
Mathieu Schneider
Paul Kariya
Teemu Selanne
Bill Guerin
Eric Lindros
Keith Tkachuk

Last edited by Pyser : 06-27-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #304
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
that was my thought as well

Ditto

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #305
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I found this on Kukla's. These guys have been put on waivers. It's translated from French I believe. I love internet translations:

At least three players were placed at the ballot in the national League Wednesday. Thus, in Vancouver, Canucks made available to the other teams, the attacker Marc Chouinard.

In Phoneix, the Coyotes made the same thing with the center Kevyn Adams and the defender Nick Boynton.

In 42 parts the year spent, Chouinard marked two goals and obtained as many master keys.

For its part, Adams marked three goals and nine master keys in 33 meetings. As for Boynton, it registered two goals and nine master keys in 59 matches.

It should be provided that the contracts of all these players are repurchased by their team respective if they are not claimed.

At the Canadian, Jassen Cullimore and Tony Salmelainen were not claimed with the ballot.
This reads like a Breaking News report from OOTP 6.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #306
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
Ditto

Yes, me too.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #307
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
alright, lets dance. predict the team they'll end up with, and the terms of the contract (ie souray - toronto, 5 yr, 40m).

i went through the list fast, if there's someone you are really interested in, i can add them or you can add them yourself.

Scott Gomez -Toronto
Chris Drury -Toronto
Daniel Briere -Toronto
Ryan Smyth -Toronto
Sheldon Souray -Toronto
Peter Forsberg -Toronto
Brian Rafalski -Toronto
Michael Nylander -Toronto
Alexei Yashin -Toronto
Jason Blake -Toronto
Tom Preissing -Toronto
Mike Comrie -Toronto
Michael Peca -Toronto
Todd Bertuzzi -Toronto
Robert Lang -Toronto
Mathieu Schneider -Toronto
Paul Kariya -Toronto
Teemu Selanne -Toronto
Bill Guerin -Toronto
Eric Lindros -Toronto
Keith Tkachuk -Toronto

Amazingly, they all sign for the minimum
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #308
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Scott Gomez- PHI
Chris Drury- BUF
Daniel Briere - NYR
Ryan Smyth - NYI
Sheldon Souray - CLB
Peter Forsberg - Meadowcrest Retirement Community Traveling Team
Brian Rafalski- NJ
Michael Nylander- ATL
Alexei Yashin - MTL
Jason Blake - DAL
Tom Preissing - EDM
Mike Comrie - OTT
Michael Peca - LA
Todd Bertuzzi - TB
Robert Lang - CLB
Mathieu Schneider - SJ
Paul Kariya - NAS
Teemu Selanne -ANA
Bill Guerin - STL
Eric Lindros - PHO (or, Flyers if they can't land another C... )
Keith Tkachuk - ATL

Adding:

Scott Hannan - PIT
Corey Sarich - PIT
...cause we need D goddamnit!

Last edited by Suburban Rhythm : 06-27-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #309
Pyser
Pro Rookie

ive given it little to no thought, but im bored, so here goes.

Scott Gomez - NJ - 6 yr, 40m
Chris Drury - BUF - 5 year, 34m
Daniel Briere - NYI - 7 yr, 51m
Ryan Smyth - DET - 4 yr, 25m
Sheldon Souray - EDM - 5 yr, 35m
Peter Forsberg - COL - 1 yr, $5m
Brian Rafalski - NJ - 4 yr, 20m
Michael Nylander - NYR - 3 yr, 16m
Alexei Yashin - WSH - 3 yr, 12m
Jason Blake - NSH - 4 yr, 21m
Tom Preissing - OTT - 5 yr, 18m
Mike Comrie - TOR - 3 yr, 11m
Michael Peca - BOS - 2 yr, $6m
Todd Bertuzzi - DAL - 1 yr, $3m
Robert Lang - ATL - 2 yr, $5m
Mathieu Schneider - DET - 3 yr, $13m
Paul Kariya - BUF - 1 yr, $4m
Teemu Selanne - ANA - 1 yr, $4.5m
Bill Guerin - STL - 2 yr, $6m
Eric Lindros - PHI, 1 yr, $3m
Keith Tkachuk - PHI - 1 yr, $3m
Old 06-28-2007, 03:12 AM   #310
Pyser
Pro Rookie

dola

the devils didnt tender oduya.

i guess they like the kids in the minors, but with rafalski and lukowich about to hit the open market, its a curious decision giving up on a speedy 26 year old defender...
Old 06-28-2007, 06:34 AM   #311
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola

i guess they like the kids in the minors, but with rafalski and lukowich about to hit the open market, its a curious decision giving up on a speedy 26 year old defender...

That is weird. In all the Pens-Devs games, he played a fair amount, and played solidly. Why not keep a guy who can do that and is cheap?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:38 AM   #312
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Eric Lindros - PHI, 1 yr, $3m

I think hell would freeze over before the Flyers brought back Lindros.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:52 AM   #313
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I can't believe this is true, but...

Seeing that Philly is potentially moving Joni Pitkanen to Carolina for Niclas Wallin, or Wallin +________.

The kicker is Wallin has a NTC...how in the world, I don't know.

If that +___________ is not someone named Erik Cole or Andew Ladd, Philly is insane to make that deal. The only thing they get out of it is potential cap space to sign Gomez or Briere.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:55 AM   #314
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I was in that thread reading it when you were. If it were Clarke as the GM, I could see him doing Pitkanen for Wallin. But I dont think Holmegren will do it. I'm not saying Pitkanen won't go, but it will take more than Wallin.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #315
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
dola

What is Lou up to now? I wasn't happy when David Hale got traded away, but the Oduya/Greene combo at defense was serviceable enough through the regular season. Now Oduya's gone. Is it just me, or do the Devils always seem to scraping to find a defenseman during the regular season? Maybe they wouldn't have to do things like play a 30-year-old Alex Brooks if they would stick with some of the young defensemen they already have.

So, now that we know Oduya isn't coming back, who wants to guess that Tommy Albelin is sitting at home waiting for the yearly desperation call from Lou?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #316
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
What is Lou up to now? I wasn't happy when David Hale got traded away, but the Oduya/Greene combo at defense was serviceable enough through the regular season. Now Oduya's gone. Is it just me, or do the Devils always seem to scraping to find a defenseman during the regular season? Maybe they wouldn't have to do things like play a 30-year-old Alex Brooks if they would stick with some of the young defensemen they already have.

So, now that we know Oduya isn't coming back, who wants to guess that Tommy Albelin is sitting at home waiting for the yearly desperation call from Lou?

I heard Ken Danyko is patiently waiting as well.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #317
MikeVic
Head Coach

Looks like it's Messier, Francis, Stevens, and MacInnis in the Hall:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Messier, Francis, MacInnis, Stevens earn spots in Hockey Hall of Fame
Associated Press Jun 28, 2007, 3:58 PM EDT
TORONTO (AP) - Mark Messier, the NHL's second-leading career scorer, highlights the newest class of the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Also elected Thursday were players Ron Francis, Al MacInnis and Scott Stevens. NHL executive Jim Gregory was voted in as a builder.

Messier trails only longtime teammate Wayne Gretzky on the NHL's points list.

All four players were on the ballot for the first time. Other eligible players who didn't make it in included Adam Oates, Igor Larionov and Claude Lemieux.

The induction ceremony for the Hall, which allows a maximum of four players in each year, will be held Nov. 12.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #318
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

OK, I have to ask -- why does Claude Lemieux keep getting brought up? Didn't he have like 800 career points? Did he ever even top 40 goals? I know he won a few Cups, but beyond that what makes him worth listing with all these other legends? Even Adam Oates is a borderline hall of famer and he has like twice the career points as Lemieux.

Is this some sort of big joke I'm not in on?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #319
Pyser
Pro Rookie

4 cups and a conn smythe.

but then again, as a devils fan, im clearly biased.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #320
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
OK, I have to ask -- why does Claude Lemieux keep getting brought up? Didn't he have like 800 career points? Did he ever even top 40 goals? I know he won a few Cups, but beyond that what makes him worth listing with all these other legends? Even Adam Oates is a borderline hall of famer and he has like twice the career points as Lemieux.

We just like watching HB get in a snit

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:40 PM   #321
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post

Here here!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 PM   #322
Karim
College Starter

Is anyone in Kansas City excited about the prospects of the Predators moving in?

It sucks to be from Hamilton though, especially after selling 17,000+ tickets in 10 days.

I don't think any of the media really knows what's going on but if Bettman quickly green lights the relocation to KC, then it's clear he didn't want the team moving to Canada. Either that, or Balsillie is a major league asshole that no one can stand and the Board of Governors couldn't envision him as a legtimate long-term partner.

I can't imagine being a fan of a team that gets moved...

My prediction: Predators move to KC and the NHL announces expansion to Vegas and Hamilton making a nice 32 team league enabling Detroit to move to the Eastern Conference.

Last edited by Karim : 06-28-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #323
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
We just like watching HB get in a snit

This for you bbor. Bask in the greatness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk1Y0qB22F0

Old 06-28-2007, 10:53 PM   #324
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Bookmarked...

Old 06-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #325
bbor
Pro Starter

Who was that in net for the Bruins?Ranford?or Moog?

Old 06-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #326
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Who was that in net for the Bruins?Ranford?or Moog?

I think it was Moog. If I recall correctly, Ranford was actually in goal for the Oilers.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #327
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

it gets weirder:

"Oduya was not qualified," general manager Lou Lamoriello confirmed. "There was no reason for the decision, but we will do everything we can on (Sunday) to sign him. We want to keep him."

maybe they want to sign him for cheaper than the qualifying offer? i dont get it.

the devs also re-signed rupp. 2 years, $1-mil total. and cam jannsen was qualified, which i like, but doesnt make a whole lot of sense either. guess we'll still be fighting next year, which is good.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:05 AM   #328
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07180/798021-61.stm

Quote:
The success and popularity of the Penguins' young team has taken the organization to new heights in ticket sales.

Because of demand that is about to reach the equivalent of a club-record 13,500 full-season ticket packages, the Penguins have stopped taking deposits for full- and half-season plans and have begun a wait list for those plans.

The previous team record was 12,250 full-season ticket equivalents in 1992-93, the season after the Penguins won their second consecutive -- and most recent -- Stanley Cup.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:11 AM   #329
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

For my American friends who cannot pickup a TSN feed, the NHL.com website is suppose to set up a link directly to the TSN feed for their Free Agency show on Sunday. Keep an eye out for it. I watched the Trading Deadline show on TSN and it was really good.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:19 AM   #330
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Is anyone in Kansas City excited about the prospects of the Predators moving in?

It sucks to be from Hamilton though, especially after selling 17,000+ tickets in 10 days.

I don't think any of the media really knows what's going on but if Bettman quickly green lights the relocation to KC, then it's clear he didn't want the team moving to Canada. Either that, or Balsillie is a major league asshole that no one can stand and the Board of Governors couldn't envision him as a legtimate long-term partner.

I can't imagine being a fan of a team that gets moved...

My prediction: Predators move to KC and the NHL announces expansion to Vegas and Hamilton making a nice 32 team league enabling Detroit to move to the Eastern Conference.

The NHL needs to be the first into Vegas.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #331
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

Nice!

Didn't Ranford win the Conn Smythe this year?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:27 AM   #332
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
it gets weirder:

"Oduya was not qualified," general manager Lou Lamoriello confirmed. "There was no reason for the decision, but we will do everything we can on (Sunday) to sign him. We want to keep him."

maybe they want to sign him for cheaper than the qualifying offer? i dont get it.

the devs also re-signed rupp. 2 years, $1-mil total. and cam jannsen was qualified, which i like, but doesnt make a whole lot of sense either. guess we'll still be fighting next year, which is good.
"There was no reason for the decision"? What the hell does that even mean? You don't fail to give a qualifying offer, then claim you want to re-sign the guy for "no reason." Lou is out of his tree.

I guess I don't mind having Rupp back. Obviously, his biggest moment was his Cup-winning goal in 2003, but he really didn't contribute as much as I'd expected last season. I don't know if it was Julien's system or what, but Rupp didn't seem to get near the net as much as he did in his first stint with the Devils. For $500k a year, though, it's probably good to have somebody who at least has some experience with the team.

As far as Janssen goes, I don't get it at all. I know tons of people think that he's a dirty player now, but the Kaberle incident aside, he seems to be an OK kid on the ice. I just don't see any potential in him. I don't recall the Devils ever really sticking with a guy whose sole purpose was to throw punches. How long did Reid Simpson or Krzysztof Oliwa last with New Jersey? How valuable were they? I like Cam Janssen, but I just hope that he can add to his role with the team. He doesn't have to score, but he's got to learn how to harass opponents without always taking a penalty to do it.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #333
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

2007-08 season, the salary cap will rise to a maximum of $50.3-million. That's a $6-million increase from the past season when the cap was set at $44-million.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #334
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
2007-08 season, the salary cap will rise to a maximum of $50.3-million. That's a $6-million increase from the past season when the cap was set at $44-million.

Huh. I guess that's what people were thinking.

I would to see a comparison of average team salaries and average player salaries as the start of the 07-08 season compared to the 03-04 season.

In any event, the madness begins on Sunday. Messrs. Gomez, Briere, Drury, Smyth and some others are going to be very rich men.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:29 PM   #335
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Source USA Today
Total Payroll 2003-04
Quote:

Detroit Red Wings $ 77,856,109
New York Rangers $ 76,488,716
Dallas Stars $ 68,578,885
Philadelphia Flyers $ 68,175,247
Colorado Avalanche $ 63,382,458
Toronto Maple Leafs $ 62,458,140
St. Louis Blues $ 61,675,000
Los Angeles Kings $ 53,833,800
Anaheim Ducks $ 53,296,750
Washington Capitals $ 50,895,750
New Jersey Devils $ 48,931,658
Boston Bruins $ 46,569,000
Vancouver Canucks $ 42,074,500
New York Islanders $ 40,865,500
Ottawa Senators $ 39,590,000
Phoenix Coyotes $ 39,249,750
Montreal Canadiens $ 38,857,000
Calgary Flames $ 36,402,575
Carolina Hurricanes $ 35,908,738
San Jose Sharks $ 34,455,000
Tampa Bay Lightning $ 34,065,379
Columbus Blue Jackets $ 34,000,000
Edmonton Oilers $ 33,375,000
Buffalo Sabres $ 32,954,250
Chicago Blackhawks $ 30,867,502
Atlanta Thrashers $ 28,547,500
Minnesota Wild $ 27,200,500
Florida Panthers $ 26,127,500
Pittsburgh Penguins $ 23,400,000
Nashville Predators $ 21,932,500

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 06-29-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #336
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

2003-04 Median Salaries
Quote:
Year / Median Salary
2003-04
Team Median Salary
New York Rangers $ 2,800,000
Dallas Stars $ 2,600,000
Philadelphia Flyers $ 2,425,000
Detroit Red Wings $ 1,500,000
Toronto Maple Leafs $ 1,500,000
New Jersey Devils $ 1,425,000
Montreal Canadiens $ 1,350,000
Boston Bruins $ 1,300,000
Anaheim Ducks $ 1,267,500
San Jose Sharks $ 1,200,000
Tampa Bay Lightning $ 1,115,000
Vancouver Canucks $ 1,113,750
Edmonton Oilers $ 1,075,000
Ottawa Senators $ 1,075,000
Phoenix Coyotes $ 1,075,000
Columbus Blue Jackets $ 1,050,000
Buffalo Sabres $ 1,000,000
Calgary Flames $ 950,000
Los Angeles Kings $ 950,000
Washington Capitals $ 917,500
Florida Panthers $ 902,500
New York Islanders $ 900,000
Minnesota Wild $ 850,000
St. Louis Blues $ 837,500
Atlanta Thrashers $ 787,500
Carolina Hurricanes $ 750,000
Colorado Avalanche $ 750,000
Chicago Blackhawks $ 701,251
Nashville Predators $ 700,000
Pittsburgh Penguins $ 625,000
Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #337
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so, 20 of the 30 teams had payrolls below the current cap. Nice job, NHL
Old 06-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #338
Travis
Pro Rookie

Team Salary Range 03/04: $21,932,500 - $77,856,109
Team Salary Range 07/08: $34,300,000 - $50,300,000

Though I still think the biggest help for the Canadian markets is the value of the dollar right now as compared to pre strike levels.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:01 PM   #339
Pyser
Pro Rookie

the blues signed tkachuk - 2 years, 8 mil.

so i ask again:

Quote:
what the shit kind of collusion is this?!

The St. Louis Blues acquired the rights to centre Keith Tkachuk from the Atlanta Thrashers along with a conditional fourth round draft pick in 2008, which could become a third round choice in 2009, in exchange for a conditional first round draft choice in 2008 on Tuesday. This past February, the Blues shipped Tkachuk to Atlanta in exchange for a first round draft choice in 2007, a third round draft choice in 2007, a second round draft choice in 2008 and forward Glen Metropolit.

Last edited by Pyser : 06-30-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #340
General Mike
Pro Starter

Rangers won't get anyone
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #341
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Bruins have traded for Manny Fernandez.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #342
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Former Houston Aero (tho from what I understand, a jerk)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-01-2007 at 09:08 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #343
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

From what I read, people are killing the Bruins on the trade. Apparantly Kalus is a stud, and looked very good in his stint last year.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #344
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

The Anaheim Ducks have signed defenseman Mathieu Schneider to a two-year deal paying him $5.5 million and $5.75 million.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #345
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
From what I read, people are killing the Bruins on the trade. Apparantly Kalus is a stud, and looked very good in his stint last year.

wouldn't shock me - the Bruins have been making awful trades for years now.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #346
bronconick
College Starter

San Jose extends Thornton for 3 years at 7.2 million per.(with one year left on the current deal at 6.67)

That's a steal considering what Briere, Drury and Gomez will be signing for.

Rumors also have it that Iginla is considering a 4 year, 7 million per extension in Calgary.

Liking where you play apparently means something once you get over say, 5 million a year, i'd say.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #347
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
The Anaheim Ducks have signed defenseman Mathieu Schneider to a two-year deal paying him $5.5 million and $5.75 million.

Thank God. As a Wings fan, I am glad he is gone as I don't see a 4th forward being worth that kind of cash. His defense just isn't his main concern and I'd rather let Kindl take his spot, though it'd still require another loss of a defensemen.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #348
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

ATLANTA (TICKER) -- Todd White is on the move again.

White on Sunday became the first free agent to switch teams this summer by agreeing to terms on a multi-year contract with the Atlanta Thrashers.

Terms were not disclosed, but TSN of Canada is reporting the deal is worth $9.5 million over four years.

Since making his NHL debut with Chicago in 1997-98, White also has played for the Philadelphia Flyers, Ottawa Senators and Minnesota Wild.

"Todd is a high-character individual and a talented all-around center who will flourish in our system," Atlanta general manager Don Waddell said. "He is highly competitive and plays at a level that will complement and improve our existing group of forwards."

A product of Clarkson University, White signed as an undrafted free agent with Chicago in August 1997. He appeared in seven games with the Blackhawks the following season, recording a goal and two penalty minutes, and went on to notch five tallies and eight assists in 35 contests in 1998-99.

After stints with the Flyers and Senators, the 32-year-old spent the last two seasons with the Wild. In 2006-07, White registered 13 goals and 31 assists in 77 contests.

A native of Ontario, White has collected 97 tallies and 243 points in 414 career games. He enjoyed his best season in 2002-03 with Ottawa, recording career highs of 25 goals and 60 points in 80 games.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #349
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Briere to Philly. 8 years, $52 million ($6.5 million a year).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212425&hubname=nhl

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 07-01-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #350
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Some smaller signings...

Tom Poti goes to Washington, 4 years at $3.5 million a year.

The Panthers signed forwards Richard Zednik (2 years, around $1.7 million a year) and Brett McLean (3 years, $1.7 million a year).

Cory Sarich goes to Calgary, 5 year deal, $3.6 million a year. I would imagine that signals the end for Brad Stuart and Roman Hamrlik in Calgary.

Saw a rumor that Gomez was headed to the Rangers...

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 07-01-2007 at 03:04 PM.