Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2016, 10:37 PM   #3401
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
We should see the new polls--post-debate--around the end of this week?

Mid to end, but there aren't any polls post the Access Hollywood video yet, so it will likely be hard to separate the debate from the video in polling.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:41 PM   #3402
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Mid to end, but there aren't any polls post the Access Hollywood video yet, so it will likely be hard to separate the debate from the video in polling.

YouGov had a poll that they say is mostly post tape release that showed Clinton up 6 in a national 4 way race.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/1...support-falls/
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:43 PM   #3403
Zinto
College Starter

Not great Trump
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #3404
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Must be disappointing for Trump backers. He made big promises, got people to jump on the wagon, and is the worst candidate to ever run for office. If I were a diehard republican and hated the Clintons I could still not vote for this tool. He really is making no attempt to change or attempt to win this election. I am not sure why at this point he thinks status quo is going work. He needs something big to happen quickly for this election to not be the most lopsided since Mondale/Reagan.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:53 PM   #3405
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Wait, Tiffani Trump didn't get to sit in the family box?

Donald Trump Got Curved by Both His Daughters Tonight
Old 10-09-2016, 11:03 PM   #3406
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
And he blasted her on her terrible foreign policy and economy record. And she had nothing.

Trump is not a stupid dude. I know you liberals think he is and I think that will be your downfall. Trump knows who he is playing too. And he is a master at playing to the. He is a reality TV star and this the ultimate reality TV show.

Trump may have business skills but his common sense and people skills are awful. He comes off as an childish arrogant asshole.

FYI people arent as big of a fan of HRC as you seem to think. People just really fucking despise Donald Trump and his act.

You might be able to get away with locker room talk when you are 17-19 years old but when you are 60 it doesnt work for me. Plus with his comments against others is just too much to take.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-09-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #3407
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
You might be able to get away with locker room talk when you are 17-19 years old but when you are 60 it doesnt work for me. Plus with his comments against others is just too much to take.

And talking about how you can get away with sexually assaulting women because you're rich and famous isn't "locker room talk."

Last edited by mckerney : 10-09-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:15 PM   #3408
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Imagine if in 2008, Obama said that, if he won, he was going to put McCain in jail.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:24 PM   #3409
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

But Hillary belongs in jail. "I'm sorry" doesn't make up for security breach and cover up.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:26 PM   #3410
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
But Hillary belongs in jail. "I'm sorry" doesn't make up for security breach and cover up.

Yup! Republicans botched the primaries. Should have gotten Trump out of the way ASAP.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:33 PM   #3411
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

So...you're directing the FBI now then?

F.B.I. Director James Comey Recommends No Charges for Hillary Clinton on Email - The New York Times
Old 10-09-2016, 11:44 PM   #3412
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
this kelly mcenamy is bat shit crazy....i love her!

Yes, I was telling my wife the same thing. Now Van Jones on the other, just make too much damn sense when he speaks.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:48 PM   #3413
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post

Not great Trump

I'm not sure how to respond to this. They said upfront that the polls skews Democratic (how much?), then claims Clinton won? A better poll would be focusing on independent/moderate voters only.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-09-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:02 AM   #3414
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
And he blasted her on her terrible foreign policy and economy record. And she had nothing.

Trump is not a stupid dude. I know you liberals think he is and I think that will be your downfall. Trump knows who he is playing too. And he is a master at playing to the. He is a reality TV star and this the ultimate reality TV show.
He's not stupid in that he knows how to appeal to the absolute worst in people. There's a reason some of his most ardent supporters are white nationalists and aryan nation types.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:03 AM   #3415
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Must be disappointing for Trump backers. He made big promises, got people to jump on the wagon, and is the worst candidate to ever run for office. If I were a diehard republican and hated the Clintons I could still not vote for this tool. He really is making no attempt to change or attempt to win this election. I am not sure why at this point he thinks status quo is going work. He needs something big to happen quickly for this election to not be the most lopsided since Mondale/Reagan.

Country is too polarized and politics have been turned into a sport to ever get Mondale/Reagan numbers for awhile. A cardboard cutout gets 40% of the vote.

Not sure Trump is the worst. We've had George Wallace not too long ago. Breckinridge was actually convicted of treason.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:12 AM   #3416
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Country is too polarized and politics have been turned into a sport to ever get Mondale/Reagan numbers for awhile. A cardboard cutout gets 40% of the vote.

Not sure Trump is the worst. We've had George Wallace not too long ago. Breckinridge was actually convicted of treason.

Mondale got 40.6% of the popular vote.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:05 AM   #3417
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh. Trump tried a gotcha and got told "no way" by the debate panel and now he's in a royal snit and suggesting he's not going to do the third debate.

Josh Barro on Twitter: "Trump wanted the Clinton accusers in the Trump family box. CPD refuses. Trump camp furious, now threatening to exit LV debate. https://t.co/PcwyJxWCAm"
Old 10-10-2016, 01:06 AM   #3418
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's a WaPost story on it.

Trump’s debate plan to seat Bill Clinton’s accusers in family box was thwarted - The Washington Post
Old 10-10-2016, 01:58 AM   #3419
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So the loser of this debate is America. The winner.... is Russia?

I dunno, we're f***ing screwed either way.

The fact that America can not consider a 3rd party will lead to our downfall
Old 10-10-2016, 02:07 AM   #3420
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The winner is general stupidity.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:19 AM   #3421
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm voting for Gary Johnson (michigan voter here) until someone changes my mind
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 AM   #3422
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm voting for Gary Johnson (michigan voter here) until someone changes my mind

Now that the election is a foregone conclusion, I'm definitely doing the same. Hoping to see him hit the 5% barrier nationally so the Libertarian Party gets access to a slice of the federal election campaign fund.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:57 AM   #3423
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I guess I understand if the GOP candidates did not know about this specific tape but you would think they could have found the Howard Stern tapes and make some hay out of it. Poor opp research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Kasich would have killed Clinton. Straight up killed.

See, I used to think that, too. That Kasich would have wiped the floor with her, and that even Rubio and Bush would have given her trouble because none of those three would be as easily pigeonholed as extremist/unfit etc.

She would have had to run an "actual" campaign against those three instead of following Napoleon's apocryphal advice against interrupting an enemy while he's making a mistake.

But...look, bottom line: Trump declared his candidacy for President in June of '15. He sewed up the nomination in May of '16, save for the dying gasps of the #NeverTrump movement flailing from May through July for a way to cockblock him at the convention.

They had, then, 13 months to find, if not the Access Hollywood tapes, *something* in the 30 years The Donald has been spewing shit on the public record. It's not like there's been any shortage of it.

They couldn't do it. In 13 months, they couldn't find the nuclear option to take him down.

It took Hillary Clinton's campaign 2 1/2 months, and that was after weeks of just a rat-a-tat-tat of bad optics for the Trump ticket.

Kasich would have stomped Clinton? He couldn't hit the enormous bulls-eye on Trump's back, and he didn't carry a single state outside Ohio.

I mean, maybe he would have made a better President than either Clinton or Trump. That's a defensible argument.

But, I mean, the argument for Kasich stomping Clinton at this point amounts to "he wouldn't have self-destructed." There certainly isn't any evidence that his oppo team would have been able to find either a smoking gun for an existing scandal or something entirely new to hang around Clinton's neck. Not if they missed the mountain of shit Trump has left in his wake.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:26 AM   #3424
Dutch
"Dutch"

Come on, HRC! The MSM served you up an October Surprise that was supposed to crush Trump and now I'm hearing this morning that at best HRC won a draw last night? Between her choice of VP and this, can she do anything right? Pathetic.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:34 AM   #3425
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
And talking about how you can get away with sexually assaulting women because you're rich and famous isn't "locker room talk."

As opposed to, say, actually getting away with sexually assaulting women. And then having your wife step in and shame and threaten the women so your political career continues?

Right, she isnt Trump.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:00 AM   #3426
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
As opposed to, say, actually getting away with sexually assaulting women. And then having your wife step in and shame and threaten the women so your political career continues?

Right, she isnt Trump.

From what I read Hillary wasnt defended at all in that comment by that particular poster.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #3427
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
From what I read Hillary wasnt defended at all in that comment by that particular poster.

Because, in tarcone's mind and everyone like him, a criticism of Trump is also a support for HRC.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:01 AM   #3428
Butter
Coordinator

Hillary just needs to avoid making news for the last month, and she has it in the bag, really. The news this morning seems to be focusing on Trump telling Hillary she will go to jail if he's elected, which will fire up the base, but not much else. And his reaction to the tapes from the debate. And his trying to bring the Bill Clinton accusers to the debate.

Not much on Hillary at all. Probably just as she'd prefer it. The more desperate he gets, the better it is for her, I'd have to think.

NPR had 4 people on from Cincinnati, including one who was undecided. That guy said he was frustrated by lack of discussion of the issues. When has Trump ever talked about the issues? The only thing he can speak on semi-intelligently is taxes and the economy, and even then it's a struggle. When they asked that guy if he was surprised by anything in the debates, I mentioned to my wife that I was surprised that this undecided voter could write or speak in sentences considering the fact that one candidate has dozens of documented policy stances, and the other's stance is basically "trust me, I'll be good."

Last edited by Butter : 10-10-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #3429
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Right, she isnt Trump.

Source? I keep hearing this and I've struggled to find anything. Bill sleeping around is obviously a fact. The broaddrick lady I saw testified under oath that it was all made up from what I saw. In my Google searches I've yet to see anything supported by anything remotely resembling fact but I may be missing something.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #3430
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Trump is not a stupid dude. I know you liberals think he is and I think that will be your downfall. Trump knows who he is playing too. And he is a master at playing to the.

You know, you make a lot of sense here. I completely agree.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #3431
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Hillary just needs to avoid making news for the last month, and she has it in the bag, really.

Yep. 538's Polls-only forecast this morning has the election at an 82.4% chance of victory for Hillary Clinton. Obviously the debate numbers aren't baked in, but neither is the 'locker room talk' scandal.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #3432
Thomkal
Head Coach

I just wish time travel had been invented so we could just jump past these next few days to Election Day
Old 10-10-2016, 10:36 AM   #3433
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Hillary just needs to avoid making news for the last month, and she has it in the bag, really. The news this morning seems to be focusing on Trump telling Hillary she will go to jail if he's elected, which will fire up the base, but not much else. And his reaction to the tapes from the debate. And his trying to bring the Bill Clinton accusers to the debate.

Not much on Hillary at all. Probably just as she'd prefer it. The more desperate he gets, the better it is for her, I'd have to think.

NPR had 4 people on from Cincinnati, including one who was undecided. That guy said he was frustrated by lack of discussion of the issues. When has Trump ever talked about the issues? The only thing he can speak on semi-intelligently is taxes and the economy, and even then it's a struggle. When they asked that guy if he was surprised by anything in the debates, I mentioned to my wife that I was surprised that this undecided voter could write or speak in sentences considering the fact that one candidate has dozens of documented policy stances, and the other's stance is basically "trust me, I'll be good."

Most people don't like or trust the news these days. Don't equate what the news runs somehow reflects to what the average American thinks.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-10-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #3434
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Add a third/fourth podium and surprisingly people stick to the issues more. Ross Perot kept the mudslinging between Clinton and Bush to minimum. Make it only two than it's just a back and forth argument about personalities and past events. What do I know though? Being on the ballot in all 50 states and polling at around 10% means you have no chance. You know because there are so many people (3) that have done both of those things.

Last edited by panerd : 10-10-2016 at 10:50 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #3435
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Ryan done with Trump.

https://apnews.com/92064557517f43118e4ce892b5020431
Old 10-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #3436
Jas_lov
College Starter

Hillary went from +1 to +7 in todays Rasmussen poll and that poll leans R. Poll conducted Oct 5-6, 9 so doesn't even capture all of the fallout from the audio tape.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:27 AM   #3437
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Source? I keep hearing this and I've struggled to find anything. Bill sleeping around is obviously a fact. The broaddrick lady I saw testified under oath that it was all made up from what I saw. In my Google searches I've yet to see anything supported by anything remotely resembling fact but I may be missing something.

Enabler or family defender? How Hillary Clinton responded to husband’s accusers - The Washington Post

This seems to be the best roundup unless you actually believe the Clinton's were murdering family pets etc.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:50 AM   #3438
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I'm not sure how to respond to this. They said upfront that the polls skews Democratic (how much?), then claims Clinton won? A better poll would be focusing on independent/moderate voters only.

Well we can unskew that poll if you would like. It works out really well for people when they do so. If you don't want to trust that poll YouGov also had a instant poll with Hillary winning 47-42 and winning with undecideds 44-41.

The main concern I would have if I was working with Trump is that he needed to win this debate and he didn't do it in the eyes of voters. So, where does his campaign go from here?

Last edited by Zinto : 10-10-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #3439
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Still hasn't rescinded endorsement.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:19 PM   #3440
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Wow. I think this is the first poll done completely after the tape came out.

Sam Stein on Twitter: "SIREN
NBC/WSJ poll
Clinton Trump (4-way)
46%-35%

Clinton Trump (2-way)
52%-38%"

If the GOP goes full on civil war now...
Old 10-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #3441
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Still hasn't rescinded endorsement.

Well, as Trump said, you just grab 'em by the Paul Ryan.*

*joke stolen from I don't remember who.

Last edited by digamma : 10-10-2016 at 12:21 PM.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #3442
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Add a third/fourth podium and surprisingly people stick to the issues more.

We remember the GOP primary debates, right?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #3443
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Having a heard time figuring out if Pence, Cruz, or Ryan is going to come out of this looking the most emasculated.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #3444
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think Cruz is winning that race, but it's close.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #3445
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Having a heard time figuring out if Pence, Cruz, or Ryan is going to come out of this looking the most emasculated.

I think Cruz for sure. That phone banking meme is going to live on forever and he completely sold out to support someone who had criticized his wife and father, only to have the campaign crash soon after. If he'd waited just a little bit longer, he'd be the hero.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #3446
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

Cruz hands down. Repeatedly eviscerated in debates, booed (and played by Trump) at the convention, makes trite endorsement just before Trump really craters, and that picture of him making fundraising calls under a Trump/Pence sign (looking like someone just killed his dog) puts the icing on the cake.

Both Pence and Ryan can escape this somewhat by saying "look, we tried to get him back on the straight-and-narrow". This works less for Pence, unless he really does drop out.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:00 PM   #3447
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Cruz, and it isn't close. After all of that posturing, especially at the convention, he knuckled, endorsed, and went phone banking.

And got photographed looking like he was in tears doing so. That shit'll live forever.

Pence looks a little weird because of the conflict between he and Trump, but I wouldn't go so far as to say 'emasculated.'

Ryan hasn't come across to me as being especially strong here, but not especially weak, either.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #3448
mckerney
Coordinator

So if Trump is going down he doesn't care who he takes with him. Always good to have from your party's presidential nominee.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #3449
QuikSand
lolzcat

Looks like you can buy Trump/GOP/Pence somewhere around 18-19 cents on the dollar. In a buy/sell market like PredictIt, I'm tempted to cal this a "bottom" and buy Trump now just on the working assumption that it can't get much worse. But sure I will... but it does feel like a defensible play here.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #3450
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
We remember the GOP primary debates, right?

When it was down to 3 it wasn't all that bad. I agree 8-9 would be a bit much.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote