Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #3301
Logan
Head Coach

I was just responding to your post. Again, I didn't say that they have turned it around to be a top 4 BE team. This was one of the worst BCS basketball programs in the country. There are nine scholarship players on the roster, and two of those are stretches because the program was decimated by Fred Hill Jr. A McDonald's AA and another top 50 recruit left the program because of him. We were hoping to win 12 games this year; losses like St. Joe's and Princeton were expected but a win against Miami wasn't.

And again, I said they are in the process of turning it around where the likes of USF, Depaul, Providence, etc would not be begging to play Rutgers. We should split those series now, let alone when the roster is full of scholarship players.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #3302
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It looks like he's taken over the Craig Forth "start, but then play only 5-10 minutes" role.

At least this makes it less likely he's one-and-done. I guess.

The way he has played is really puzzling. I know the competition wasn't the same but he looked so smooth in high school and very good in the McDonald's game. What happened that he doesn't contribute a thing right now?? Thank god for Baye!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #3303
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I was just responding to your post. Again, I didn't say that they have turned it around to be a top 4 BE team. This was one of the worst BCS basketball programs in the country. There are nine scholarship players on the roster, and two of those are stretches because the program was decimated by Fred Hill Jr. A McDonald's AA and another top 50 recruit left the program because of him. We were hoping to win 12 games this year; losses like St. Joe's and Princeton were expected but a win against Miami wasn't.

And again, I said they are in the process of turning it around where the likes of USF, Depaul, Providence, etc would not be begging to play Rutgers. We should split those series now, let alone when the roster is full of scholarship players.

Honestly, Depaul is the only team that you should be expected to sweep. If you split with some other bottomfeeders, then fine, but I really don't see Rutgers on a different level from these teams any time soon. USF and Providence both had a few glimmers of being a team in the last few years, but to sustain anything has proven hopeless.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 11-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #3304
Swaggs
Coordinator

Interesting news: UMass eyes move to join BC in FBS - BostonHerald.com

A large, land-grant, flagship university appearing out of virtually nowhere that is right in the Big East's footprint.

Looks like they will be starting out in the MAC and that their stadium is pretty small (17K according to wikipedia), but they have a nice sized student body and, I would imagine, a number of wealthy alumni in the area.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #3305
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

A large, land-grant, flagship university appearing out of virtually nowhere that is right in the Big East's footprint.

Looks like they will be starting out in the MAC and that their stadium is pretty small (17K according to wikipedia), but they have a nice sized student body and, I would imagine, a number of wealthy alumni in the area.

That's the first I've heard of UMass moving up, and its very intriguing.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #3306
molson
General Manager

Quote:
This was one of the worst BCS basketball programs in the country.

Really? W/L wise the last 4 years seem like pretty much the worst they've been. They at least had scattered winning seasons/NIT bids prior to that.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #3307
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

The Boston Globe ran a story on UMass in general and one of the pieces on how UMass was looking at UConn. From October.

UConn scores by spending more - The Boston Globe

Seems like UMass would be a long-term fit for the BE (in all programs).

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-30-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #3308
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Really? W/L wise the last 4 years seem like pretty much the worst they've been. They at least had scattered winning seasons/NIT bids prior to that.

This conversation has made me want to play FBCB2 and take Rutgers and try to win the Big East regular season and make a Final 4. Talk about a challenge.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #3309
Galaxy
Coordinator

Slightly off-topic, but with Penn State going Division 1 in hockey (men's and women's) in 2012-2013 and giving the Big Ten the required six members needed for the possibility of a Big Ten hockey conference (Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Minnesota are the other five programs), sounds like they're trying to lure Notre Dame in through hockey.

Notre Dame Given Big Ten Invitation | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN
Old 11-30-2010, 11:43 PM   #3310
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
That's the first I've heard of UMass moving up, and its very intriguing.
You must have me on ignore
Quote:
Stadium is 17k, could pretty easily be expanded in the end zones to ~25k, and the rumor is that at least 1 "home" game a year would be played at Foxboro, hopefully vs a BC/UConn/Syracuse (we drew 33k there this year vs. UNH).

The majority of the alumni are in the Boston area, which is 1.5-2 hours away - not a far distance imo, but apparently a lot of people here in the Northeast consider it to be - but they basically need success to be lured back in. When UMass basketball was doing well in the 90's it was huge in Boston, and it only takes a couple ESPN games or a top 25 ranking to get the attention again.

I refuse to get too excited until I see the official invite, but this is fantastic news, even if it is coming 5, 10 (after our National Title with basketball money still flush) or even 30 years (when we created the Eastern Eight and Paterno suggested including football) too late. I do feel bad for Wade and some of the other CAA brethren, especially UNH and Maine, doubly so if JMU and/or Delaware also get football invites.

One other thing - I don't think there's any truth to it, but it's nice to at least see (UMass alum) Rick Pitino thinking of us

@APWillGraves this is for @LukeMeredithAP Pitino on UMass: "i'm a little taken aback by that ... i'm going to try to make a push .. to get them in the BE"
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:11 AM   #3311
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
You must have me on ignore Stadium is 17k, could pretty easily be expanded in the end zones to ~25k, and the rumor is that at least 1 "home" game a year would be played at Foxboro, hopefully vs a BC/UConn/Syracuse (we drew 33k there this year vs. UNH).

The majority of the alumni are in the Boston area, which is 1.5-2 hours away - not a far distance imo, but apparently a lot of people here in the Northeast consider it to be - but they basically need success to be lured back in. When UMass basketball was doing well in the 90's it was huge in Boston, and it only takes a couple ESPN games or a top 25 ranking to get the attention again.

I refuse to get too excited until I see the official invite, but this is fantastic news, even if it is coming 5, 10 (after our National Title with basketball money still flush) or even 30 years (when we created the Eastern Eight and Paterno suggested including football) too late. I do feel bad for Wade and some of the other CAA brethren, especially UNH and Maine, doubly so if JMU and/or Delaware also get football invites.

One other thing - I don't think there's any truth to it, but it's nice to at least see (UMass alum) Rick Pitino thinking of us

@APWillGraves this is for @LukeMeredithAP Pitino on UMass: "i'm a little taken aback by that ... i'm going to try to make a push .. to get them in the BE"

Bishop, do you think the MAC is just a stepping stone to a conference like the Big East? I know UConn spent four years playing Division 1-A before moving to the Big East.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:34 AM   #3312
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Bishop, do you think the MAC is just a stepping stone to a conference like the Big East? I know UConn spent four years playing Division 1-A before moving to the Big East.
Too much is changing on the conference landscape to predict 5 years down the road, but I certainly hope it is (no offense MAC fans - it's just not a natural geographic fit. The other option would be splitting off with Temple/Buffalo and some upgrading FCS schools like JMU, App St and Delaware to form a 2nd-tier eastern football conference.)

A number of our natural rivals are already in the Big East (UConn, Syracuse, even Pitt and West Virginia because of past conference affiliations) and the one that we would be overlapping with in the "Boston" market (BC) is now out. (I put Boston in quotes because UMass really carries the Springfield/Worcester market and only penetrates Boston when there is a buzz.) I think if we had upgraded in the late 90's as we were flush with basketball money and coming off a national title in FCS we would have been invited to the Big East instead of/along with UConn when they did. I think if we had upgraded 5 years ago into the MAC/C-USA we'd be the 10th Big East team right now (possibly the 9th instead of TCU, although part of TCU may be because of the BCS quality they bring).

Now that our AD/BoT have finally gotten off their asses (probably thanks to our newish Chancellor Holub, previously of U Tennessee, who loves saying we need to act like a flagship if we want to be funded like one), the biggest worry is that the Big East invites 3 more of Villanova, UCF, ECU, Houston and ends up at 12 football teams and caps it. (The other worry is that the Big Ten raids the BE for teams like Cuse/Pitt/UConn as part of a move to 16 - ensuring we move up to "the Big East", but not the Big East that we want.)

Side note - this announcement makes Villanova's decision a little more interesting and possibly more likely that they upgrade against their better judgment. In the last few years, BU/Northeastern/Hofstra have disbanded their programs, Rhode Island has dropped to the NEC, and rumors are Maine, then UNH, might not be too far behind as their travel costs skyrocket/attendance goes down. Maybe Villanova is far enough South to stay in the CAA, but since one of UMass main considerations seems to be making sure they have a seat (at least in 1A, ideally the BE) once the musical chairs ends, Villanova might look at that and decide they need to go now or risk having high-level FCS football disappear and no viable D1 conference to move up to.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:40 AM   #3313
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

People seem to think this is the signal that JMU and Delaware are next, I'm not buying into it yet.

But maybe I'm in denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #3314
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Interesting comments from Bill Self related to TCU move. Says that KU, MU, ISU, and KSU would have all been offered by Big East if any B12 South members would have jumped ship last summer.

Self: Big East was set to take Kansas, others - CBSSports.com

Still could easily see this happening if they wanted to expand out their conference to football and basketball members and drop basketball only schools. You could form a regional division that makes sense geographically with KU, MU, ISU, KSU, Lousiville, Cincinnati, and TCU.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-01-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #3315
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Interesting comments from Bill Self related to TCU move. Says that KU, MU, ISU, and KSU would have all been offered by Big East if any B12 South members would have jumped ship last summer.

Self: Big East was set to take Kansas, others - CBSSports.com

Still could easily see this happening if they wanted to expand out their conference to football and basketball members and drop basketball only schools. You could form a regional division that makes sense geographically with KU, MU, ISU, KSU, Lousiville, Cincinnati, and TCU.

In a present day vacuum, I agree. Taking history into account, though, I would be shocked if the Big East dropped Georgetown, Nova and Seton Hall.

If this eventually does happen, BTW, I can't wait to see divisions named the Big East East and the Big East West.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #3316
Swaggs
Coordinator

The fact that Notre Dame's administration seemed very active with the addition of TCU leads me to believe that the football and non-football schools are on the same page and will stick together for awhile. Keeping Notre Dame in the Big East and happy is probably best for the conference. Forcing them out could lead them to join the Big Ten and trigger their interest in trying to get into the NYC market and with a combination of Notre Dame, Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse, and Penn State they might be able to get a pretty nice toehold. The (current) common wisdom is that only Notre Dame or Texas are capable of adding revenue, rather than draining it, from the Big Ten, so keeping Notre Dame away from the Big Ten keeps the Big East alive and well.

With the Big 12 North teams, I think the Big East could probably take those four schools and add one more (UCF) and come up with a pretty nice football conference with a good East/West balance:

East:
UConn
Pitt
WVU
Syracuse
Rutgers
UCF
USF

West:
Louisville
Cincy
Missouri
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
TCU

Of course, that would require those four teams to stop sucking from the Texas teat, which is a losing proposition for them (and I don't blame them). It is like Frank the Tank blog says: Texas is like a pimp for the rest of the Big 12, but it is a pimp that pays well. And, even if they would join, there still is not a headlining team between those fourteen schools (a USC, Michigan/Ohio State, Alabama/Florida/Georgia/LSU, or Texas/Oklahoma) and they would basically just be a bigger Big East or ACC.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #3317
Logan
Head Coach

I've been following that rumor and it would definitely interest me, the football programs would be pretty solid top to bottom and basketball could be great. I would think though that it would make much more sense to only take KU, KSU, and Mizz (leaving ISU) and then stay away from UCF. The money potential being added by those Big12 teams wouldn't be enough to make sense of splitting the already meager pie 14 ways.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #3318
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I've been following that rumor and it would definitely interest me, the football programs would be pretty solid top to bottom and basketball could be great. I would think though that it would make much more sense to only take KU, KSU, and Mizz (leaving ISU) and then stay away from UCF. The money potential being added by those Big12 teams wouldn't be enough to make sense of splitting the already meager pie 14 ways.

It should be noted that KU is a basketball-only school. They need ISU for football.............
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #3319
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
If this eventually does happen, BTW, I can't wait to see divisions named the Big East East and the Big East West.

I still chuckle that next year the Big XII will have 10 teams and the Big 10 has had 11 for the longest time and soon will have 12?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-04-2010 at 11:52 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #3320
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Big Ten announced that's its done exploring expansion for now.

Big Ten announces it won't pursue expansion - ESPN

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #3321
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
The Big Ten announced that's its done exploring expansion for now.

Big Ten announces it won't pursue expansion - ESPN

Until Texas bats its eye or Notre Dame flashes some leg.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #3322
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Report: TCU Can Only Enter Big East If They Bring Girls | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
Report: TCU Can Only Enter Big East If They Bring Girls

FORT WORTH, TX—Texas Christian University has been invited to join the Big East athletic conference, an opportunity that would grant them higher visibility and prestige, as long as they "bring some of those hot Texas girls along," Commissioner John Marinatto said Monday. "We are happy to welcome the Horned Frogs to the Big East, as they represent a fine sporting tradition, and also we could really use some new girls around here," Marinatto told the assembled reporters at a press conference. "Boston College had those cute little Catholic girls, but they left when the Eagles went to the ACC, and we could really use some nice Texas-cowgirl trim. Frankly, West Virginia doesn't give it up as much as you'd think, even though they'll do just about anything once you get them liquored up." TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte said he was happy to hook the Big East up, explaining that the conference's automatic BCS bowl bid was more than compensation for Syracuse girls being "totally flat.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #3323
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hawaii joins MWC for football - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

Hawai'i officially to the MWC in football, Big West in everything else. Question is, who will the WAC going to get another school from to stay at 8?

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-10-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #3324
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Hawaii joins MWC for football - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

Hawai'i officially to the MWC in football, Big West in everything else. Question is, who will the WAC going to get another school from to stay at 8?

Rumor has it that Utah State is accepting an invite to the MWC as well and that will sound the death toll of the WAC.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #3325
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Utah State almost went before, going now wouldn't make any sense because they'd have to find somewhere for their other programs to go and it'd only give the MWC 11 teams.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/...rence.html.csp

But if they bring in a 12th school from C-USA, then I guess it works.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-11-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #3326
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Utah State almost went before, going now wouldn't make any sense because they'd have to find somewhere for their other programs to go and it'd only give the MWC 11 teams.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/...rence.html.csp

But if they bring in a 12th school from C-USA, then I guess it works.

Why not Houston, UTEP, or SMU?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #3327
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Big Ten division names are in: Legends and Leaders
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #3328
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Big Ten division names are in: Legends and Leaders

No seriously, what are the division names?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #3329
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

lol
Old 12-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #3330
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Meh. Which name goes with which division? My guess is Michigan is in the Legends, and Ohio State is in the Leaders.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #3331
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Legends
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern

Leaders
Illinois
Indiana
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #3332
Swaggs
Coordinator

Hmmm... those sound more like tribal names from Survivor or something.

I think I would rather be a legend than a leader.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #3333
Swaggs
Coordinator

Dola...

I will say that I think they did a pretty nice job of balancing the divisions. I don't look at one or the other and think that one is better or worse (assuming that Michigan and Penn State return to power).
Old 12-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #3334
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That's stupid. They should have gone like old school hockey and called the two divisions the Schembechler and Hayes divisions, or something like that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-13-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #3335
mckerney
Coordinator

I liked X and O better and the logo doesn't look fit for a high school conference.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #3336
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That is ridiculous. What makes Illinois a leader and Northwestern a legend?

Michigan - legend...you used to be good.
Ohio State - leader...you still are good.

WTF?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #3337
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Michigan - legend...you used to be good.
Ohio State - leader...you still are good.

Sounds right to me.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #3338
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I look at the legend side of the ledger and that is MUCH easier than the leader side. Outside of Nebraska, who is going to be tough on the Legend side?

Iowa is a once every 5-6 year compete for the title team. MSU is the same type of team.

On the leader side, you have Penn State which should compete every 2-3 years, OSU which competes every year, Wisconsin which has shown it competes for the title year in year out (worst case 2 out of 3) over the last 20 years, Purdue is a solid squad. Heck, even Illinois has won or tied for the B10 title twice in the last 10 years.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #3339
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
That's stupid. They should have gone like old school hockey and called the two divisions the Schembechler and Hayes divisions, or something like that.

Why not just name them Michigan and Ohio State while you're at it?
Old 12-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #3340
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Why not just name them Michigan and Ohio State while you're at it?

Hey, if Minnesota has a great past coach that fits, throw him up there. Don't matter to me, I'm a Pac 10 guy. Just saying that's some stupid division namin' right there.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #3341
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I look at the legend side of the ledger and that is MUCH easier than the leader side. Outside of Nebraska, who is going to be tough on the Legend side?

Iowa is a once every 5-6 year compete for the title team. MSU is the same type of team.

On the leader side, you have Penn State which should compete every 2-3 years, OSU which competes every year, Wisconsin which has shown it competes for the title year in year out (worst case 2 out of 3) over the last 20 years, Purdue is a solid squad. Heck, even Illinois has won or tied for the B10 title twice in the last 10 years.

So you're going to dismiss Michigan and not Penn State, even though they had some rough seasons the last decade? Then you call Purdue solid, but not Northwestern? Also think Iowa and Wisconsin are closer than you seem to think.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #3342
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I think these Big Ten divisional names are pretty stupid.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 12-13-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #3343
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

I think just about everyone does.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #3344
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

I bet you'd like them if they changed the "Legends" division to "Best".
Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #3345
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Big Ten continues to be a laughingstock with these stupid names. They are the TNA of college football.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #3346
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Old 12-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #3347
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

That's a pretty pussy looking logo. With all the money they have they couldn't have hired someone who wasn't a complete fucktard? Stupid logo. Stupid division names. Ugly Trophies.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #3348
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I usually tend to have a pretty open mind to new things, but that is a stupid logo.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #3349
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yes it is. What's with the 1? At least the old logo had an "11" hiding in it. Is there a "2" that I'm not seeing somewhere? Or is this just meant to be a 1x, with the ones digit to be decided later? Glad I bought my Big Ten t-shirt recently, before this change.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #3350
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

lol

The 'g' in 'Big' is supposed to be a g/zero. Yeah, it's pretty bad...