Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #3251
AnalBumCover
College Starter

A substance in semen called prostaglandin will also help start contractions.

Babe, take out the Bud Light. Here we go!

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 02-25-2011 at 10:12 AM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #3252
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I dislike a good number of The Daily Show's current correspondents. In particular, I hate the Kristen/Kristin girl. Gives a bad name to Kristi(e)n's everywhere. And Olivia M. Talentless. Not really a fan of Asaaf Monvi either.

/tk

Aw.. I like Assif Mandvi (yeah, I had to google it to get the spelling) most of the time. But don't make him do physical comedy or overact. Have him do subtle, dry one-liners.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #3253
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
When did this become the baby thread?

Yeah, let's get back to scotch, cigs, and BJs!

Last edited by Logan : 02-25-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #3254
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
When did this become the baby thread?

Now that you are complaining, it really has become a baby thread.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #3255
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Olivia Munn is smokin hot so she can stay.

Favorite to least favorite of the other correspondants/frequent contributors:

John Oliver
Larry Wilmore
Wyatt
Aasif
John Hodgman
Sam Bee
Jason Jones
Kristen Schaal

The first 3 are all spectacular IMO. Aasif and Hodgman I generally enjoy. The other 3 I could totally do without.

I typically like Wyatt Cenac best then John Oliver, Larry Wilmore, and Assif Mandvi. Samantha Bee, Kristen Schal, and Jason Jones typically suck. John Hodgman- well, he thinks he's too funny sometimes. I just see him as a funny guy who loves to laugh at his own jokes.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #3256
Rizon
Pro Starter

I'M AN F-18 BRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #3257
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Now that you are complaining, it really has become a baby thread.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Touche!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #3258
JediKooter
Coordinator

Why, when I have lost my sense of smell, that I seem to think there's no difference between hot and cold until I touch something that is either hot or cold?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #3259
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Why, when I have lost my sense of smell, that I seem to think there's no difference between hot and cold until I touch something that is either hot or cold?

I have no idea. Maybe because you're new to this. I can't remember ever having a sense of smell and I don't have this problem.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #3260
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I have no idea. Maybe because you're new to this. I can't remember ever having a sense of smell and I don't have this problem.

It was really weird. I threw in a bag of popcorn in the microwave and when I pulled it out and tried to open it (before getting burnt by the hot steam), it was like it was room temperature.

Luckily, but slowly, my sense of smell is coming back.

So wait, you can't taste anything either then?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #3261
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
So wait, you can't taste anything either then?

I can still taste things, but I can't really taste or identify anything too subtle. For example, I wouldn't be able to try something and go, "Oh, you put Rosemary in this. Delicious!"
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #3262
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I can still taste things, but I can't really taste or identify anything too subtle. For example, I wouldn't be able to try something and go, "Oh, you put Rosemary in this. Delicious!"

Ah ok, I thought maybe you weren't even able to taste things. My nose has been plugged up so bad, I couldn't even taste anything.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #3263
Suicane75
Coordinator

I spent a year thinking Modest Mouse was a British group.

I've spent 5 years thinking the Shins were a British group.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #3264
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So, I go to McDonalds for the first time in a long time and I notice they now have a 50 piece McNugget meal for $14.99

Good gawd...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 02-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #3265
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Apple, you can not defeat me...alright not to bad, but I had a friend that updated his phone to the 4.2.1 OS and lost his jailbreak and unlock capability.

I just had to jump through hoops to get it downgraded to 4.1, Jailbroken and unlocked for him to use again...I wanted to smack him upside the head..
Old 02-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #3266
MJ4H
Coordinator

I have 4.2.1 jailbroken I'm pretty sure. I think greenpoison or something like that is what you want.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #3267
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
I have 4.2.1 jailbroken I'm pretty sure. I think greenpoison or something like that is what you want.

Is it a tethered jailbreak? Are you able to unlock the phone? That's my biggest issue. I need to be able to unlock it.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #3268
MJ4H
Coordinator

Oh well, its an ipod touch not an iphone.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #3269
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It's really good to be back home in New Jersey and I'm very glad to have figured out how to get my internet working at my new place.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #3270
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Interesting start to Monday.

Walk out my office, and immediately stop, smelling something burning. Turns out one of the ballast units on the overhead lights blew, smoke pouring out of it. Good times.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #3271
QuikSand
lolzcat

So in the TV ad where they did "testing" the guy's newly shaved beard with a credit card (c. 1975)... we all recognize this was totally bogus, right?

No special effects or anything needed, just relying on the naturally weird swirl pattern of whiskers. Right? They just made the "edge side" the side of the guy's face where the whiskers naturally face downward, and made the "foam side" where they naturally face upward (and give more resistance to the credit card).

With me?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #3272
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I cannot count the number of ways I hate KMart, but they are doing one thing that seems to be ahead of the curve that I hope other stores start doing - digital receipts. I would love to receive all of my receipts by email for trashing/filing and not have to deal with the mountain of paper. I've already gotten rid of all paper statements except the local water bill. Now if I could get receipts by email, it would make my decade.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #3273
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not sure what the point of requiring a person to fill a position be a programmer when you never ask them to actually program anything (or look at code)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #3274
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not even sure where to find a K-mart anymore.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #3275
Ksyrup

I hate KMart, but I live in an extremely small community that has a Kroger, a KMart, and an agreement from the town to not allow a permit to any other stores. So unless I want to drive 15-20 minutes into Lexington for something, Kroger and KMart are it for quick stops. That's the only reason I step foot in KMart.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #3276
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
So in the TV ad where they did "testing" the guy's newly shaved beard with a credit card (c. 1975)... we all recognize this was totally bogus, right?

First, what on earth brought that to mind? I mean, I remember the commercial ("Foam {scratch}. Edge {glide}.) but what caused you to think of it today?

Quote:
No special effects or anything needed, just relying on the naturally weird swirl pattern of whiskers.

I thought the pattern was variable, but also included consistent (same-direction) patterns as well? In other words, not everybody has them growing in opposite directions on different sides of their face. Right?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #3277
JediKooter
Coordinator

I always wondered why on one side they went down with the card and on the other side, they went up. I knew something was fishy with that.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #3278
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I cannot count the number of ways I hate KMart, but they are doing one thing that seems to be ahead of the curve that I hope other stores start doing - digital receipts. I would love to receive all of my receipts by email for trashing/filing and not have to deal with the mountain of paper. I've already gotten rid of all paper statements except the local water bill. Now if I could get receipts by email, it would make my decade.

They're simply doing that so that they can data mine the fuck out of you. Kmart/Sears are pure evil when it comes to obtaining personal information and exploiting it for their ends.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #3279
Ksyrup

I'll gladly give them my email address for digital receipts. Takes me seconds to delete email ads. It takes two to be exploited, IMO.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #3280
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
But what caused you to think of it today?

Just how I function. *shurg*

And I'm quite sure the card was stroked downward on both sides of the guy's face. I think it would have been too obvious if not. But my point is that at least on my face, if you do that one side is going to be really smooth, and the other side fairly rough, regardless of the means and products used to effect the shave. I may not be identical to every man in this regard, but the ad basically lets us assume that a downward stroke on a guy's left is equivalent to a downward stroke in a guy's right -- far from it.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #3281
JediKooter
Coordinator

Just found it on youtube. You're correct. Don't know why I seem to remember one side down the other up.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #3282
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

The next thing that you are going to tell me is that the battery was glued to Robert Conrad's shoulder and that sis wasn't sneaky, she just flat out cheated.

Last edited by Mustang : 02-28-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #3283
JediKooter
Coordinator

Robert Conrad is Chuck Norris' dad.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #3284
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Robert Conrad is Chuck Norris' dad.

+1
Old 02-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #3285
Ksyrup

I know Nancy Grace doesn't personally write the headline/blurbs on her CNN website, but... I already can't stand that woman, and this doesn't help:

Girl, 12, vanishes after selling flowers found alive!

Wow, someone found some live flowers that were being sold, and then this 12 year old disappeared!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-28-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #3286
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
I hate KMart, but I live in an extremely small community that has a Kroger, a KMart, and an agreement from the town to not allow a permit to any other stores.

If it were Target or Walmart, I could understand how something like that would arise. But K-Mart? I never would have guessed that they would have such political sway over a community.

If they booted K-Mart and brought in Target or Walmart with the same deal, they'd probably drastically increase tax revenue. Or maybe the community likes that K-Mart keeps people away and want their town to stay quiet and isolated...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #3287
JediKooter
Coordinator

What ever happened to the "Face the Board" thread? I mean, I know it's still out there, but, why did it fizzle out? It was (and still is) one of my favorite threads here.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #3288
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
If it were Target or Walmart, I could understand how something like that would arise. But K-Mart? I never would have guessed that they would have such political sway over a community.

If they booted K-Mart and brought in Target or Walmart with the same deal, they'd probably drastically increase tax revenue. Or maybe the community likes that K-Mart keeps people away and want their town to stay quiet and isolated...

First in, I guess. I don't know how long it's been there, but apparently they did a joint deal with Kroger to build one shopping area, and it's basically the only one in town.

This is a small horse farming community that is furiiously resisting change. We've got some crappy commercial areas from old stores that had always been there just rotting away, and relatively high unemployment despite being the richest county in Kentucky. So far, the old guard has been successful in forcing people to drive to Lexington to shop. I don't mind keeping things simple, but I'd allow in some development to freshen up the crappy areas and dump KMart for a Target or Meijer. I can do without Wal-Mart.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #3289
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Yeah, let's get back to scotch, cigs, and BJs!

what are 3 things you have to give up when having a baby, Alex?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #3290
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
And I'm quite sure the card was stroked downward on both sides of the guy's face. I think it would have been too obvious if not. But my point is that at least on my face, if you do that one side is going to be really smooth, and the other side fairly rough, regardless of the means and products used to effect the shave. I may not be identical to every man in this regard, but the ad basically lets us assume that a downward stroke on a guy's left is equivalent to a downward stroke in a guy's right -- far from it.

I would be shocked if there was any enhancments or such in a commercial for Edge. Proctor and Gamble has a pretty strict policy when it comes to truth in their advertisments.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #3291
molson
General Manager

This could be a fun puzzle (if you haven't already heard the answer in the news today).

Why does Iran find this 2012 Olympic logo racist?

Last edited by molson : 02-28-2011 at 03:25 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #3292
JediKooter
Coordinator

Looks like someone playing an arcade game.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #3293
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
This could be a fun puzzle (if you haven't already heard the answer in the news today).

Seems pretty obvious. Although it's supposed to be the numbers 2012, in actuality it's a reference to Zor, the enemy race in The Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross sci-fi TV show about a war between Zor and a human colony planet.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #3294
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Looks like the chick is giving the guy a bj.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #3295
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Seems pretty obvious. Although it's supposed to be the numbers 2012, in actuality it's a reference to Zor, the enemy race in The Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross sci-fi TV show about a war between Zor and a human colony planet.

That's actually pretty close.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #3296
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

interesting. hadn't heard the news, but saw it right away from the clue.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #3297
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Looks like the chick is giving the guy a bj.

Then those must be London's britches falling down.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #3298
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
That's actually pretty close.

zion?
Old 02-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #3299
molson
General Manager