Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #3251
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Don't have an answer for you but I've been thinking about getting a VPN service. That should take care of the problem right?

Until they're outlawed, anyway. After all, who would want to hide their online activity but a terrorist?
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #3252
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Don't have an answer for you but I've been thinking about getting a VPN service. That should take care of the problem right?

Anonymous VPN Service From The Leaders | Private Internet Access
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:02 AM   #3253
Groundhog
Coordinator

I can vouch for these guys. I don't use their service anymore (cheaper local option now), but I was subscribed for a couple of years and had zero issues.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:25 AM   #3254
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

VPN or Tor, depending on how you want to do things.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:36 AM   #3255
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"I know that we’re all going to make a deal on health care. That’s such an easy one. So I have no doubt that that’s going to happen very quickly," Trump said at a reception at the White House for senators and their spouses. "I think it will, actually. I think it’s going to happen. Because we’ve all been promising, Democrat, Republican, we’ve all been promising that to the American people."

"We are going to be doing a great job. Hopefully it will start being bipartisan," the President added.

lol
Old 03-29-2017, 06:40 AM   #3256
PilotMan
Head Coach

I shutter the thought, if a black man with no experience, would have said that very same thing, in that very same way, with the very same expectation.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:09 AM   #3257
Easy Mac

Unless I'm mistaken, Netflix and the like don't really work if you're using a VPN. Its been hit or miss with mine. I got a cheapo one for like $30 with a lifetime license. It worked great when I was overseas, but I really only used it to keep up with work and facebooking pictures/skype.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #3258
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I can vouch for these guys. I don't use their service anymore (cheaper local option now), but I was subscribed for a couple of years and had zero issues.

I use them as well. The thing with them is that while a lot of providers say they don't keep logs, PIA was subpoenaed in court and force to provide everything they they had on one of their customers. Which they did. Which was nothing. In essence they are the only ones to have had that claim tested.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:06 PM   #3259
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Bill Baroni sentenced to two years for his role in Bridgegate.

edit: And 18 months for Bridgit Kelly.

Christie sure f'ed them.

Last edited by JPhillips : 03-29-2017 at 04:24 PM.
JPhillips is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #3260
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, Netflix and the like don't really work if you're using a VPN. Its been hit or miss with mine. I got a cheapo one for like $30 with a lifetime license. It worked great when I was overseas, but I really only used it to keep up with work and facebooking pictures/skype.

PIA lets you turn it on and off. If you're using Netflix, just turn it off. If you're surfing the web, turn it on.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:59 AM   #3261
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Protesters raise more than $200,000 to buy Congress’s browsing histories

I really hope they're successful.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:05 AM   #3262
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

'Cards Against Humanity' Creator Vows To Buy And Publish Congress's Internet History

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 03-30-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #3263
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Hmmm...

But wasn't it put out there that "Putin hates HRC" was a (if not THE) major motivation for this??? Doesn't make sense that they'd sabotage the campaign of the person widely considered the best option to beat HRC.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #3264
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Hmmm...

But wasn't it put out there that "Putin hates HRC" was a (if not THE) major motivation for this??? Doesn't make sense that they'd sabotage the campaign of the person widely considered the best option to beat HRC.

When was the major motivation considered anything but "do whatever will end up best for Putin"? Rubio was a competitor to Trump first. If this is true it could just serve as more evidence of him knowing that Trump was his easiest path to accomplishing what he wants.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #3265
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Hmmm...

Trump was the only one stupid enough to go along with Putin?
Old 03-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #3266
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

"stupid" carried Trump to the White House
Old 03-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #3267
Easy Mac

Quote:

The video in this tweet is fantastic. Have to watch until the last second.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #3268
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Question here for JoninMiddleGA (who I am using as my best insight into Trump's supporters).

I am still interested in the actual physical wall on the Mexican border. If such a wall is not built, would you consider that a betrayal of a core promise?

Let's say that the administration hires a lot of new border guards/ICE agents. And that they start enforcing the laws on the books much more aggressively than previous admins. And they get Congress to pass some new laws making enforcement easier. And they use the power of the purse to discourage "sanctuary cites" and to encourage local law enforcement to help enforce federal immigration law. And that as a result of all of these actions, there is a real and documented reduction in illegal immigrants coming to and remaining in America. But the actual wall never gets built.

Would you be upset at that? Or would you be ok because the general thrust of the sentiment (reduce illegal immigration) was fulfilled and real results were reached?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #3269
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:

And this statement shows why Trump got elected.

Are you ever going to figure this out?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #3270
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
And this statement shows why Trump got elected.

Are you ever going to figure this out?

Why don't you explain it to me?
Old 03-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #3271
Edward64
Head Coach

I like this. Not because of the GOP in-fighting that will result but because I think for Trump/Ryan to have any chance to govern well, there needs to be a reconciliation one-way-or-another. Let's get it on ....

Trump: ‘We must fight’ hard-line conservative Freedom Caucus in 2018 midterm elections - The Washington Post
Quote:
President Trump effectively declared war Thursday on the House Freedom Caucus, the powerful group of hard-line conservative Republicans who blocked the health-care bill, vowing to “fight them” in the 2018 midterm elections.

In a morning tweet, Trump warned that the Freedom Caucus would “hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don’t get on the team, & fast.” He grouped its members, all of them Republican, with Democrats in calling for their political defeat — an extraordinary incitement of intraparty combat from a sitting president.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:34 AM   #3272
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Question here for JoninMiddleGA (who I am using as my best insight into Trump's supporters).

I am still interested in the actual physical wall on the Mexican border. If such a wall is not built, would you consider that a betrayal of a core promise?

Let's say that the administration hires a lot of new border guards/ICE agents. And that they start enforcing the laws on the books much more aggressively than previous admins. And they get Congress to pass some new laws making enforcement easier. And they use the power of the purse to discourage "sanctuary cites" and to encourage local law enforcement to help enforce federal immigration law. And that as a result of all of these actions, there is a real and documented reduction in illegal immigrants coming to and remaining in America. But the actual wall never gets built.

Would you be upset at that? Or would you be ok because the general thrust of the sentiment (reduce illegal immigration) was fulfilled and real results were reached?

Not speaking for JIMG but I personally would still want to see the wall to be built. It may not be the GOT Wall, but it will show/reinforce determination and be a reminder for years to come.

I never thought that Mexico would pay for it but am good with it.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:37 AM   #3273
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
The video in this tweet is fantastic. Have to watch until the last second.

Guess he got his 5 mins of fame
Old 03-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #3274
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:

Condescending statements like this drove the working class, middle American voter out in droves.
They feel like the parties are against them. That the ruling elite are against them. That the entertainment elite world are against them.
So they voted against liberals.

Get it?

Old 03-30-2017, 11:46 AM   #3275
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Condescending statements like this drove the working class, middle American voter out in droves.
They feel like the parties are against them. That the ruling elite are against them. That the entertainment elite world are against them.

Get it?

I got that you completely misread my post.

The stupid I referred to was this sentence, "Trump was the only one stupid enough to go along with Putin?"

All I was saying that getting into bed with Putin seems to have worked out for Trump.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #3276
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
I got that you completely misread my post.

The stupid I referred to was this sentence, "Trump was the only one stupid enough to go along with Putin?"

All I was saying that getting into bed with Putin seems to have worked out for Trump.

I know. But The perception of what you posted is the type of stuff that pushed Trump to victory.

It could be read as you calling people who voted for Trump as stupid. Thus the condescending line.

I know it is a fine line. And I may be off base. But I feel like this is where the whgole Deplorable thing came from.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #3277
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Hmm, lemme see here {reads question twice}

I'm about end results more than methods. I'm not interested in the wall as a symbol, it's of interest to me only as a tool to accomplish a job. The wall itself has never been my top preference for prevention anyway, so if he gets there through another means then it's not an issue to me.

Mileage would vary among difference groups within the Trump support base IMO however but I'd say it's a largely pragmatic group so no more than 20-25 percent would be pissed about it.

My two cents, fwiw.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:15 PM   #3278
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not speaking for JIMG but I personally would still want to see the wall to be built. It may not be the GOT Wall, but it will show/reinforce determination and be a reminder for years to come.

I never thought that Mexico would pay for it but am good with it.

I had a different answer than this, but it's a good time for me to point out that -- even with my different answer -- I would have no problem at all with it being built as an additional protection.

(My original answer basically covered "I don't have to have it be the first step/primary solution")
Old 03-30-2017, 12:15 PM   #3279
lungs
Pro Rookie

As long as we are playing Ask Jon, let me ask this.....

How many of the 12 million undocumented immigrants already here need to be gone by 2020 in order to not face a backlash?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #3280
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Really comes across as "We didn't like him, think he was competent or the best thing for the country, but we voted him in just to piss the Libtards off.". Of course when I say that I get insults hurled my way, but I just don't know what else it could mean.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #3281
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm...

Based on his past and his close ties to the neo-con foreign policy folks, it isn't surprising that the Russians would work against him. Without knowing exactly when the Russians decided to go from pro-chaos to pro-Trump, it's hard to determine if work against Rubio had anything to do with Trump.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #3282
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

George W. Bush, the voice of America...

What George W. Bush Really Thought of Trump’s Inauguration

Quote:
But, according to three people who were present, Bush gave a brief assessment of Trump’s inaugural after leaving the dais: “That was some weird shit.” All three heard him say it.

A spokesman for Bush declined to comment.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:35 PM   #3283
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm...

Well Rubio hasn't exactly been someone who would be friends with Russia. And was a big supporter of sanctions on Russia, especially after the invasion of the Crimea.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:06 PM   #3284
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

so, the source that Nunes got the (still not shared with even his fellow Republicans) information that members of Trump-team might have been caught up in incidental collection.. was a member of the White House staff who was put in by Flynn, was going to be moved out by the new NSA leader, due to complaints, but ran to Trump and got the move overruled.

Is it me or is some of this stuff getting so ridiculous you wouldn't believe it in a fiction novel?

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
Old 03-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #3285
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
As long as we are playing Ask Jon, let me ask this.....

How many of the 12 million undocumented immigrants already here need to be gone by 2020 in order to not face a backlash?

For the general supporters? Half, probably. Or something close enough to spin that way AND be trending upward.

For me? About 80% or more, otherwise he failed that task.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #3286
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

On the wall, even some conservatives aren't as much law-and-order as I am. Still, I have to say that;

** I haven't seen any evidence that terrorists are trying to cross that border. Canada has had more 'noise' in that regard. But nobody's suggesting a wall there.

** A much more effective way, which is probably why it isn't being tried, to dry up the illegal immigration problem(and I think people who say it's not a problem are a little on the irrational side on this issue) is to crack down on the businesses employing them. Kill the demand and the supply will go away.

** To satisfy me(which he pretty much never does and I'm against most of his agenda but anyway), Trump would need to have a policy in place which stops basically ignoring the problem. I've never understood the whole train of thought wherein it's considered reasonable to expect people to be productive members of a society which they disregarded the law to join in the first place. I want far more legal immigration, but those who come here illegally have already flunked the entrance exam and I do think they need to go.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #3287
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Is it me or is some of this stuff getting so ridiculous you wouldn't believe it in a fiction novel?

As I said after the election, a world in which Trump can be elected POTUS is a world in which anything is possible. I could wake up tomorrow and find out gravity no longer worked and I'd only be mildly surprised.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #3288
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I could wake up tomorrow and find out gravity no longer worked and I'd only be mildly surprised.

The only question would be if Trump tells Fox News he made it happen (what a weight loss solution!!) or just blamed it on the Dems and Freedom Caucus (we all floated into space and combusted).
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #3289
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Get it?

Voting against your own self interests just for spite is the definition of stupid.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #3290
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
** A much more effective way, which is probably why it isn't being tried, to dry up the illegal immigration problem(and I think people who say it's not a problem are a little on the irrational side on this issue) is to crack down on the businesses employing them. Kill the demand and the supply will go away.

I don't mind better border security and even a wall where it makes sense. But this idea is the best. You fine companies huge amounts of money for employing illegals and things change.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:07 PM   #3291
Ben E Lou

Is it not true that a huge chunk--maybe even a majority--of illegals aren't border-jumpers, but people who overstayed visas? I know that some American companies (chicken farming comes to mind) hire Mexican workers legally but then when the visa is up, they just stay.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #3292
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm all for holistic immigration reform including addressing "guest" workers, allowing highly educated immigrants etc. There is a demand on this side of the wall as others have said.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:41 PM   #3293
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Is it not true that a huge chunk--maybe even a majority--of illegals aren't border-jumpers, but people who overstayed visas? I know that some American companies (chicken farming comes to mind) hire Mexican workers legally but then when the visa is up, they just stay.

Then maybe they should do something to become legal.

Just a thought.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #3294
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
You fine companies huge amounts of money for employing illegals and things change.

Before they think about doing that, they need a much better system in place for verifying the eligibility of workers. E-Verify has had its issues that make me question its usefulness. One example would be millions of social security numbers for people well over 100 years old don't have death dates attached to them. People using those numbers would not be flagged by E-Verify.

The way its done right now is a joke. I know most, if not all people working for me are working under social security numbers of deceased people. Yet it has been years since we've received a no-match letter saying that the names don't line up. I could be raided by ICE tomorrow and while I'd probably be missing several workers afterwards I'm pretty confident I'd be free and wouldn't even pay so much as a fine. I have I-9s on file for everybody, copies of their Permanent Resident Cards and the whole works.

For all the tough talk from the new administration, I don't see anything on my end changing anytime soon.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #3295
Ben E Lou

Quote:

Just a thought.
We need a "whoooooosh" smiley around here, evidently.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #3296
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Just a thought.

The way things are now the costs are pretty prohibitive. One guy working for me is considered a Dreamer. He's about $20,000 into becoming a permanent resident (not a citizen), and doesn't have much to show for it yet.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #3297
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm all for holistic immigration reform including addressing "guest" workers, allowing highly educated immigrants etc. There is a demand on this side of the wall as others have said.

The H-1B visas have been horribly abused by companies. I'm sure there are some fields that need more demand but it's also being used by companies to drive down high paying jobs.

For instance, Zuckerberg only fights for immigration because he wants cheap programmers.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #3298
Easy Mac

So, who else often asks for immunity when testifying about your boss?
Old 03-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #3299
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-fl...ity-1490912959

Flynn offers to testify.. but in exchange, he wants immunity.

Weeeeelllll now.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 03-30-2017 at 06:15 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:15 PM   #3300
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

There had been rumors floating for awhile that Flynn was ready to flip.