Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #3201
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I would say medium, but if you don't mind, hold off a bit on the research.

Britrock, any thoughts on potential Spawn amongst the players who are left? You're in the group of people who could have been starting Spawn, so if you're a survivor, your insight would be useful.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #3202
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

For everyone who hasn't submitted orders yet, I think we might want to hold off for now. BK hasn't been on since yesterday evening.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #3203
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Shiggles

I'm telling you all you're gonna make a mistake if you kill me

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #3204
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

And I'm not going to be around today so just have JAG put in orders for me

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #3205
Shiggles
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
There is nothing in the rules or information about "not finding a bed" unless someone can find something? BK never put anything in thread in a little storyblurb about it either.

Nothing is mentioned about the dr's office except that simbo did more work, that it would be "ready tomorrow" which still awaits explanation, and that the medbay was indeed completely working that next morning.

I"m only anylizing shiggles because both things he has said aren't in the rules and BK has said nothing to confirm it.

Shiggles did not make a scan.
It was never announced that he tried and wasn't able.
Shiggles was Exhausted with no telling us he was doing anything.
saldana (confirmed good) said doctors get no night actions.
Shiggles said the reason was he couldn't find a bed. (Nothing in rules or bk posts say anything like that.
There was a bed available.

That's what I'm working with. Not attacking. Just trying to analyze this. And the statments made I have to vote shiggles.

The sheer number of posts i had in that time, were all geared towards asking what i should do with my leftover action point. Because it said it would be operational for both doctors "tomorrow". Im not sure if my knowledge of that word is extensive enough, but that means "you cant do it today", so no, i did not submit any orders for my action, because i had no actions i could perform. I repeatedly asked for input and absolutely anyone could have suggested anything to do and i would have helped. I would have jumped on it because of my barely used "spawn aware" ability, which i havent been using effectively all game lol. If anyone said come jumprope with me, i would have said how high.

when it was fixed the next day, zinto pulled us all on a mission before i got on, so no action point, so when it was totally fixed, (although we dont know because we havent had a second doctor try to perform a check, only just the one which we know it can handle, but it doesnt really matter, he probably just fixed it because saldana would have mentioned if it were still broken) i was unable to perform a check because my 1 AP had been spent on a mission.

so really, you cant use any of that against me, theres just the one loose end of theres nothing in the rules that state if there are enough beds open, then everyone gets to sleep. well, i say again, if zinto didnt have a public role set, then he "claimed the bed" and performed spawn actions therefore keeping me at bay. Its the only realistic possibility i see, and you can keep me in the brig all you want lol. or you can let me scan people like i was trained to do. Just gotta catch up on all the posts now, i still got a bit to go (bottom of page 63)
Shiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #3206
Shiggles
Mascot

lol you guys make my head hurt. Who you want scanned JAG? cause with no input ill probably scan CF, or suicide by scanning Darth
Old 06-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #3207
Shiggles
Mascot

considering, darth is making JAG spend a point using an order, but could just be for availability issues. meh.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #3208
hoopsguy
General Manager

Shiggles, if you think Darth is the most likely (and that seems where majority is at, you excluded) then that is a good choice.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #3209
Shiggles
Mascot

Yeah, ive got conditional orders sent to barkeep, barring Jag's direction, im gonna scan Darth
Old 06-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #3210
Shiggles
Mascot

btw, whats the vote count?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #3211
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know about scanning Darth. I'd hold off on your order for now until I can give it some more thought and look up a few more things if you don't mind. It doesn't look like much is going to happen today at the moment anyway.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #3212
Shiggles
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I don't know about scanning Darth. I'd hold off on your order for now until I can give it some more thought and look up a few more things if you don't mind. It doesn't look like much is going to happen today at the moment anyway.

Well, you better mention a better candidate then, cause unless you say another name, or the votes pile up on me, my orders to scan darth will go through.

part A. i trust your judgement

Part B. if im gonna get lynched for bein innocent, i might as well take a spawn with me, and let you guys figure out the aftermath lol.

Any name you mention will switch the orders, although ill make sure to clarify with barkeep that your making up your mind, so that shouldnt get pushed through yet. Just if the votes pile up on me will push it through.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #3213
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Considering BK hasn't been here all day, I don't think this will end up being a normal day w/lynch because we won't have had opportunity to react to stuff being done in real time (like if you're good and you scanned a Spawn, we wouldn't have time to change our votes to another candidate or try to resubmit orders to cover for a killed person). If BK shows up reasonably soonish maybe that will be a moot point.

I really don't want you to scan Darth because if he's a Spawn, we won't be able to get the conversion work done today when you blow him up (if you aren't Spawn and he is that is). If he's Spawn, he can decide if he wants to fake his work, which would immediately out himself, or completing our work for us.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #3214
Shiggles
Mascot

True, so you would want to out a hidden spawn first, i understand that. But im thinking along the lines of self preservation at the moment as well. If im going to get lynched, i might as well sacrifice myself for the best lead we have, so you guys can get down to the real problem. With two spawn, and neither one being me, whos the other one than darth? Defensive reflexes make that Crimson has been doing his work admirably all game, but if they can perform both their roles AND spawn actions, then he has been exhausted all game because of his engineering role, as Julio has been on security detail. Those are really the only two i suspect at the moment, but with Julio scanning Hoops, it makes it less likely, if julio can reveal the information like they did before, then they can reveal again and have retained their villager role and are not spawn.

The reason for voting off the doctor is, how are you guys going to survive after liftoff without a scanner as well. It will be up to guesswork if the spawn has been playing well (which they have been) so without the doctor to scan people, and before we had multiple so they could scan each other, then theres a greater chance of spawn victory. Pushing votes on me will make me scan darth, which will in my mind, most likely eliminate me, because i believe he is one.

Crimson only had two empath scans right?
Old 06-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #3215
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

If you're good, you should not be scanning anyone performing a critical function to allow us to lift off after conversion work is complete at the end of the day, there's really no question in my mind about it. If there's Spawn amongst those people, they will either do the work to let us take off or out themselves for us, which means there would be no point in wasting a scan on them. If you scan one and blow them up, you're increasing our timeline to lift off which is not helpful to the survivors.

Other than that, we're all in limbo until BK shows up and lets us know how he wants to handle the day, so I don't have more specific strategy to talk about until he comes back (and again, hope everything is ok with him).
Old 06-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #3216
Shiggles
Mascot

Gotcha, limbo resumed :-P. Well im gonna be heading out for food/the avengers with my chicago buddies cause they leave tomorrow morning, so since conditional orders have been sent, and depend on Jag to either mention me to scan a specific person which will cause that contingency to trigger. I'll check back tonight after all stuff said and donewith, Good luck all and hopefully ill not be dead after tonight!

P.S. you can also lock me in the brig if your concerned about me scanning darth, i dont mind. I did send the orders in because it seemed like there was a flood of votes against me, and i was gonna give you more time to decide who to lynch after i did the scan, but it seems people have been observing and no longer voting for the moment. So yes, limbo resumed.

P.P.S. my original quote that crimson posted about the brig, i was under the impression that we couldnt use it without a warden. That being said, if we have power to it, is your lockout until day 8 still effective on me? anyways... May the force be with you! *Chants and runs away*
Old 06-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #3217
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Apologies. Internet wasn't working this morning at home and had very little availability to check it at work (and honestly forgot to do it in the 1 chance I had today). Am catching up on the thread now.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #3218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

GM sighting!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #3219
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Okay Barkeep This is the information I found. You said "tomorrow".
Okay guy can you guys figurethis out? I did my work that day and barkeep said in thread I did work. Saldana scanned that day. Then jag asked his question. BK's answer included the word "tomorrow". We were told Simbo did more work that day and the next morning (shown above) shows it fixed. So that means Simbo's work DID count and it WAS fixed. Since my fix allowed saldana to scan, does anyone else see why simbo's fix shouldn't let shiggles scan? BK there are no rules listed about the realtime stuff of any cutoffs. Is there a reason that a after a certain time someone's fixes won't apply the same day but the next day? Anyone else find an explanation for this?

Oh yeah, all of shiggles' comments of that day are there too just for analysis.
Perhaps someone points this out, but I actually cut the Survivors a break (intentionally) by allowing any scanning. From the rules:

Quote:
Performing Actions
Except where noted, in order to perform an Action you must PM the GM. Actions will be processed in the order they are received and then posted by the GM. Most actions take place immediately, though repair or conversion actions are not completed until the end of a cycle.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-25-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #3220
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hopefully you all have discussed this downthread but am happy to hear whether you would like me to run actions that I've received now or wait until tomorrow to resume from the weekend vote only status.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #3221
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Considering BK hasn't been here all day, I don't think this will end up being a normal day w/lynch because we won't have had opportunity to react to stuff being done in real time (like if you're good and you scanned a Spawn, we wouldn't have time to change our votes to another candidate or try to resubmit orders to cover for a killed person). If BK shows up reasonably soonish maybe that will be a moot point.

I really don't want you to scan Darth because if he's a Spawn, we won't be able to get the conversion work done today when you blow him up (if you aren't Spawn and he is that is). If he's Spawn, he can decide if he wants to fake his work, which would immediately out himself, or completing our work for us.

Sincere apologies, but I was running a workshop all day and thus except for the 15 minute morning break (when I forgot to check the thread as had been my plan) have otherwise been working and as mentioned my Internet was out this morning when I tried to hop on at home. Hopefully that is repaired when I go home now.

Building off of JAGs post here he summarizes my feelings. Given that there are people who've probably been able to do their only check-in for the day, my plan is to simply open actions tomorrow. Voting will remain open until then.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-25-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #3222
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Vote Shiggles

I'm telling you all you're gonna make a mistake if you kill me

Darth this is the worst post I've ever seen in WW. You say this and leave.
If you're going to reveal, reveal. Otherwise you deserve to be lynched.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #3223
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Why would darth say that? NO one is voting for him? His name has been mentioned sure.

I just can't believe he would say something like that.

Yup I definitely want to vote him tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #3224
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Perhaps someone points this out, but I actually cut the Survivors a break (intentionally) by allowing any scanning. From the rules:

Okay. Yeah the reason things did not seem consistent was the fact that I did work realtime and then Saldana got in a scan realtime., then sibo did work. Then suddenly siggles can't scan realtime for the second one?

That's what didn't seem to mesh with the rules.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #3225
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh okay so we're waiting til tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #3226
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If the previously presented work plans are still in effect, I will send in my orders tonight then since we're going to run stuff tomorrow. I'll give it the rest of the day so I can confirm that and make sure we're on the same page.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #3227
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #3228
Danny
Head Coach

Man. what a lame day!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #3229
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah the delay took the wind out of us I think.

So lead us Danny lead us.

There's a new The Darkness single out btw
Old 06-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #3230
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah, I'll have some time tonight. I will actually be very busy tomorrow, so I'll have to get all my analysis all done before then
Old 06-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #3231
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I really do feel bad about the unexpected delay.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #3232
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Darth this is the worst post I've ever seen in WW. You say this and leave.
If you're going to reveal, reveal. Otherwise you deserve to be lynched.

I'm not hinting at anything, I don't have a role. I just meant that you guys would make a mistake by voting me because I'm good. Don't read into it so much

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-25-2012, 11:44 PM   #3233
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I just hate it when people say "You guys better not vote me out" cause it tells people nothing. And wolves say that kinda thing all the time when they are backed against a wall.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #3234
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Well with all do respect I really don't care if you hate it

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #3235
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

don't all villagers have roles?
Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #3236
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
don't all villagers have roles?

Do you mean secret roles? Nope - check how many there are on the front page vs the expected number of villagers. I don't want to say whether or not I have a role unless I have to, but I doubt every villager has a role when the numbers are looked at.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #3237
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Because of him soloing a lot now, he has several golems in OtherSpace ready to come out if needed.

One of the things that Alzar tends to do is to go back to dungeons a few days after he cleaned them out to double check everything, and make sure he didn’t miss anything the first time around. When teleporting back to the Diag estate, he again looks at the books in the Den, and again, most of them are not worth anything. But one title catches his eye and he pulls it down:

Treasures of Thorasia

This is a libram that outlays many major unique items, much of whom are magical. The book was written 143 years ago, and who knows where they are now. Alzar takes the book back home and peruses it.

The first item on the list that catches Alzar’s eye is a dagger named Bladestar. One of the spells that Alzar will be using to assist is a 6th level Divination spell called Legend Lore. With the detailed information from the text, it should take 1d10 days to find more information about. After 3 days, Alzar finds out where it is – the great city of Chance and how long it’s been there – two weeks. Alzar teleports to the largest city in the world, of more than two million people.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 AM   #3238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DAMMIT I did it twice. sorry. I wish i could delete a post

Old 06-26-2012, 04:24 AM   #3239
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Do you mean secret roles? Nope - check how many there are on the front page vs the expected number of villagers. I don't want to say whether or not I have a role unless I have to, but I doubt every villager has a role when the numbers are looked at.

more than one villager could have a role so this argument is invalid
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #3240
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Because of him soloing a lot now, he has several golems in OtherSpace ready to come out if needed.

One of the things that Alzar tends to do is to go back to dungeons a few days after he cleaned them out to double check everything, and make sure he didn’t miss anything the first time around. When teleporting back to the Diag estate, he again looks at the books in the Den, and again, most of them are not worth anything. But one title catches his eye and he pulls it down:

Treasures of Thorasia

This is a libram that outlays many major unique items, much of whom are magical. The book was written 143 years ago, and who knows where they are now. Alzar takes the book back home and peruses it.

The first item on the list that catches Alzar’s eye is a dagger named Bladestar. One of the spells that Alzar will be using to assist is a 6th level Divination spell called Legend Lore. With the detailed information from the text, it should take 1d10 days to find more information about. After 3 days, Alzar finds out where it is – the great city of Chance and how long it’s been there – two weeks. Alzar teleports to the largest city in the world, of more than two million people.

Is this some strange spawn language?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #3241
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Traditionally, all villagers have secret roles in Spawn games. But they don't all know them at the outset ... criteria need to be met in order to learn your secret role. For example, BK still hasn't told me mine - I'm relying on the info Julio provided to tell me what my role is. But at the end of previous games, when BK posts roles, every villager has had at least one secret role.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #3242
Danny
Head Coach

VOTE RECAP IN COLOR

Day 1
No votes for execution

Day 2
mauboy 8 - chief (759) simbo (784) abe (918) saldana 923 autumn 1027 jag 1034 chubby (1046) Lonestar 1050
simbo 4 - packerfan (761) CrimsonFox (886) Danny1 976 Zinto 1003
schmidty 1 - mauboy (894)
LSG 1 - dubb (1011)

Day 3
Simbo 1 - Danny1 (1450)
Julio 1 - hoops (1701)
hoops 2 - CR (1643) CF (1732)
dubb 5 - saldana (1486) Abe (1514) Chubby (1636) Simbo (1697)
Danny 8 - Shiggles (1624) JAG (1799) LSG (1802) Autumn (1803) brit (1804) dubb (1814) Zinto (1817) Julio (1836)

Day 4
Chubby 5 - CF (2134) Abe (2297) saldana (2357) brit (2422) Simbo (2440)
Simbo 10 - Shiggles (2336) LSG (2358) CR (2367) Danny2 (2378) Julio (2413) hoops (2431) Chubby (2432) GE (2439) DV (2443) JAG (2445)

No vote Zinto

Day 5
Zinto 12 - Julio (2607) JAG (2612) saldana (2633) CR (2640) Abe (2717) Shiggles (2736) hoops (2784) LSG (2802) Chubby (2804) brit (2805) Danny2 (2811) GE (2859) DV (2866)
CF 1 - CF (2902)
Old 06-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #3243
Danny
Head Coach

Also, right now we have Chubby and GoldenEagle claiming absolute trust group. I have little doubt that is the case and both should be pretty trusted right now.

We also have Julio claiming to know Hoops' role. Since Hoops hasn't called him out on listing a fake role, we have to assume those two are on the same side. Since it's not like Julio was under a lot of pressure I am likely to believe him. However, I do have one question for him.

Julio, when exactly did you get your successful scan of Hoops back? Before or after the last conversion?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #3244
Danny
Head Coach

Regardless of the answer, I do feel that puts both of them as unlikely starting spawn.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #3245
Danny
Head Coach

Looking at the votes, Shiggles has a really good day 4 vote. However it was the first vote plopped down and it may have been a trust buying vote thinking a vote for Simbo wouldn't materialize (as it hadn't the previous two days).
Old 06-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #3246
Danny
Head Coach

I'm trying to find the list of possible starting spawn. That seems the best place to work through right now to find our next spawn
Old 06-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #3247
Danny
Head Coach

Shiggles
LSG
Abe
Brit
Darth Vilus

???
Old 06-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #3248
Danny
Head Coach

LSG also had a good Day 4 vote, but not much else. Abe and Britrock have awful voting records. Darth missed half the votes.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #3249
Danny
Head Coach

Also, can anyone tell me exactly how our science machine works? We get two random scans? I'll likely wait for that to make my vote, but right now am leaning toward Shiggles or Britrock
Old 06-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #3250
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Regardless of the answer, I do feel that puts both of them as unlikely starting spawn.

Saldana's scan on me also means I'm not starting spawn.