Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2024, 04:27 PM   #3201
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Interesting you say that, because I just heard her in an interview say that she and others expected an open expedited primary for the nomination, and Biden endorsing Harris killed the plans for that. She quite literally isn't taking credit for the Harris momentum, and placing it squarely on Biden.

Fair enough.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 05:56 PM   #3202
Atocep
Coordinator

This is kind of crazy.

Error Page
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 07:42 PM   #3203
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
This is kind of crazy.

Error Page

Quite the Rogues gallery
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 07:58 PM   #3204
kingfc22
Head Coach

Only the best people.
Old 08-19-2024, 08:38 PM   #3205
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unreal how many people have thrown their lives away in servitude of a horrible human being.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 09:24 PM   #3206
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I love Jamie Raskin
Old 08-19-2024, 10:23 PM   #3207
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Watching the DNC. It is weird. Ashley Biden really doesn't come across as someone who was molested by her dad in the shower...
Old 08-19-2024, 10:30 PM   #3208
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

As a guy who has flown a flag outside every home I've owned, I'm really happy to see Dems own patriotism again.
Old 08-19-2024, 10:43 PM   #3209
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Biden killing it. Doing a masterful job of touting the administrations accomplishments while giving Harris credit.

The GOP has to be shitting themselves.
Old 08-19-2024, 11:01 PM   #3210
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Joe understood the assignment
Old 08-20-2024, 01:54 AM   #3211
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Did JD Vance actually ask for Swiss cheese?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 05:01 AM   #3212
Edward64
Head Coach

Thank you Joe.

You didn’t want to but you took one for the team, good team player.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 06:47 AM   #3213
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I loved how happy Biden looked. He deserved to be happy after all the shit sandwiches he's been given
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 06:59 AM   #3214
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
You love to see it.

fyp
Old 08-20-2024, 07:16 AM   #3215
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Did JD Vance actually ask for Swiss cheese?

No.

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 07:37 AM   #3216
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What’s funny is snowflakes on the right will scream about how dirty the dems are for making this up while spreading rumors that walz drank horse cum.
Old 08-20-2024, 07:39 AM   #3217
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

In all seriousness, it's focusing on non-issues like this that takes away from the real issues. More HarvestApp, less cheesesteak.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 08:26 AM   #3218
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

all I have heard from the media since I got up is criticism of how late Biden spoke. They ant another 4 years of Trump so badly they can't even cover it up
Old 08-20-2024, 08:27 AM   #3219
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Pretty good first night, overall. I really enjoyed Raskin and Warnock's speeches. Some of the "B" list politicians spoke way too long. They had to cut James Taylor's musical performance out of the program. I guess it was a matter of priorities. It's not like he's a lieutenant governor or anything.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 08:40 AM   #3220
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The universe of voters who (1) care enough to hear Joe Biden's speech that they stayed up for it, but (2) are so mad that it was late that it will affect their vote has to be smaller than 1, right?
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 08:43 AM   #3221
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

We are a long way from November, but if the Dems end up winning, I think that the GOP is going to look back at this three-week window where they spent a ton of time attacking Walz and less time trying to define Harris pre-convention as a missed opportunity.
Old 08-20-2024, 08:47 AM   #3222
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Late means nothing in the world of DVRs
Old 08-20-2024, 08:54 AM   #3223
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
all I have heard from the media since I got up is criticism of how late Biden spoke. They ant another 4 years of Trump so badly they can't even cover it up

it's true. I was boggling last week when the local newscast was airing "a story" about the Bernie Moreno (republican running for senate) rally interviewing people too letting them say how much democrats lie and saying such great things about the rally. it's sickening. I thought newscasts weren't supposed to do that
Old 08-20-2024, 09:19 AM   #3224
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
In all seriousness, it's focusing on non-issues like this that takes away from the real issues. More HarvestApp, less cheesesteak.

If Kamala Harris promised every American citizen a free cheese-steak I would vote for her.
Old 08-20-2024, 09:24 AM   #3225
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Vance is in that unfortunate Dan Quayle/Hillary Clinton position of everything he says/does being interpreted in the worst possible light.

It's hard to get out of that hole.
Old 08-20-2024, 09:31 AM   #3226
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Vance is in that unfortunate Dan Quayle/Hillary Clinton position of everything he says/does being interpreted in the worst possible light.

It's hard to get out of that hole.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 08-20-2024 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-20-2024, 09:54 AM   #3227
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Given the narrative from the right over her economic plan rollout, if he doesn’t go with Commie Kamala, it’s clear that he has advanced dementia. I mean, the parody hit song “Commie Commie Commie Kamala Chameleon” just writes itself, people! (And the chorus works better if you go with the wrestler mispronunciation.)

I wonder if it's too much of a tongue twister for him to say it
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 09:58 AM   #3228
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
it's true. I was boggling last week when the local newscast was airing "a story" about the Bernie Moreno (republican running for senate) rally interviewing people too letting them say how much democrats lie and saying such great things about the rally. it's sickening. I thought newscasts weren't supposed to do that

There was a John Oliver skit/story that talked about how most of "local" news was purchased by a hard-right media company.

- YouTube
Old 08-20-2024, 11:17 AM   #3229
akoleander
n00b

Was nice to see Jason Isbell perform at the DNC last night. He is not shy at all about his politics. Can't wait to see him live again next month.
akoleander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 11:37 AM   #3230
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoleander View Post
Was nice to see Jason Isbell perform at the DNC last night. He is not shy at all about his politics. Can't wait to see him live again next month.

My wifes cousin is his lighting tech and said he is an awesome guy
Old 08-20-2024, 12:09 PM   #3231
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm assuming RFK will ask for a Trump cabinet position similar to the reported earlier outreach to Kamala.

Kinda unfortunate that he is compromising his principles to get a cabinet slot. Better to stay a 3rd party candidate and maybe the grassroots will grow (but he is 70 so this may be his last shot).

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/20/rfk-...-shanahan.html
Quote:
The independent presidential campaign of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is considering abandoning his quest for the White House to “join forces” with Republican nominee Donald Trump, Kennedy’s running mate Nicole Shanahan says in a new interview posted online Tuesday.

Shanahan also said the campaign also is considering remaining in the contest to try to win more than 5% of the popular vote and “establish ourselves” as a third-party alternative to the Republican and Democratic parties, and build on that ballot access for the 2028 election.

“There’s two options that we’re looking at and one is staying in, forming that new party, but we run the risk of a Kamala Harris and Walz presidency because we draw votes from Trump, or we draw somehow more votes from Trump,” Shanahan said in the interview on the Impact Theory podcast.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 01:41 PM   #3232
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

He doesn't have any principles.

He's offered to be the Libertarian candidate, the Dem candidate, the Dem VP, a Dem cabinet position, the GOP VP, and a GOP cabinet position. He'll do anything for a hint of power.
Old 08-20-2024, 02:29 PM   #3233
Ksyrup

He basically did enough to consistently poll for a few percent of the electorate and is now essentially promising one side or the other to swing the election in their favor ... for a favor, of course.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-20-2024, 02:34 PM   #3234
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
He basically did enough to consistently poll for a few percent of the electorate and is now essentially promising one side or the other to swing the election in their favor ... for a favor, of course.

Not sure what he has to promise. I doubt most people are voting for Kennedy because they like Kennedy. They're voting for him because they don't like the two major parties. I bet if Kennedy dropped out the people voting for him would just go to another 3rd party candidate.
Old 08-20-2024, 02:37 PM   #3235
Ksyrup

Oh I know that, but I'm guessing he's selling that he can persuade them to whichever side gives him what he wants. Not that it's going to happen, although I could definitely see it working with Trump - and for some of the single-issue looneys to vote Trump. Anti-vaxx and Trump go together well, for instance.
Old 08-20-2024, 02:41 PM   #3236
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

A lot of the new polls are showing his support has been switching to Harris. Guessing a lot of people just hated both options and now that there is someone without dementia running, they're fine with Harris.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 03:18 PM   #3237
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not sure Trump would even make that deal. Kennedy is a big enough personality that he could take attention from Trump and he can’t have that.
Old 08-20-2024, 03:23 PM   #3238
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Not sure what he has to promise. I doubt most people are voting for Kennedy because they like Kennedy. They're voting for him because they don't like the two major parties. I bet if Kennedy dropped out the people voting for him would just go to another 3rd party candidate.

I think this is most likely. If Kennedy is around 3-5% in the polls right now, the majority of those are protest votes against the two parties and probably not real open for him to sway to one of the establishment candidates. I would imagine that he will be lucky to hit 2% national. A factor going against RFK right now is that he used an address in NY that he doesn't live at to register his candidacy and has been disqualified from New York for falsifying the address, and it is looking like he will lose his place on other states' ballots, too.

By comparison, Gary Johnson was at 10% in multiple polls in in mid-August of 2016 and averaged around 8% in mid-September, but only ended up getting 3.3% overall in the election. He had run in 2012, so had decent name recognition, and he and his VP candidate, Bill Weld, were both former two-term governors with pretty good reputations and were on the Libertarian ticket, so appeared on the ballot on all 50 states + DC. It's hard to envision that RFK is going to do better than those guys did.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 03:35 PM   #3239
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

RFK already tried to get a role in the Trump administration back in June when it looked like he was going to win.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...dorsing-trump/
Old 08-20-2024, 03:39 PM   #3240
Danny
Head Coach

It seems likely that both candidates have info suggesting bringing him on isn't worth the risk.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 04:01 PM   #3241
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
It seems likely that both candidates have info suggesting bringing him on isn't worth the risk.

Weird that neither party wants the anti vax, brain worm, bear carcass guy who’s own family wants nothing to do with him.
Old 08-20-2024, 04:04 PM   #3242
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

There is also the factor he is openly asking for a cabinet position, and that is illegal to promise. You can wink and nod it, but a straight quid-pro-quo is a no-no. That was supposedly the concern in June that stopped Trump from making the offer on that "perfect phone call."
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 04:50 PM   #3243
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
plus Cabinet picks still have to be confirmed by the Senate
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 05:04 PM   #3244
Atocep
Coordinator

I also don't think he really has any sway over his supporters. They're not really supporting him because of who he is, but rather who he's not.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 06:21 PM   #3245
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Trump appearing on Theo Von's podcast is not something I envisioned.
Old 08-20-2024, 08:41 PM   #3246
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Go Bernie Go! Love him!
Old 08-20-2024, 10:03 PM   #3247
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Not much for convention speeches but good lord Michelle Obama carved up Trump.
Old 08-21-2024, 07:47 AM   #3248
Swaggs
Coordinator

Michelle Obama's speech was really, really impressive. I read it was only 21 minutes long, but it was heartfelt and just super concise with messaging.

Pritzker was good, too. I also liked the UAW president the night before.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 08:00 AM   #3249
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trump is really unraveling before our eyes. I heard a part of his speech in Michigan yesterday and he sounded like he was on his deathbed. I mean, literally that’s how my dad sounded a week before he died. The substance was even worse talking about migrants murdering suburban folks walking across the street to get a loaf of bread. I really can’t imagine anyone other than the die hard voting for this.
Old 08-21-2024, 08:29 AM   #3250
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump is really unraveling before our eyes. I heard a part of his speech in Michigan yesterday and he sounded like he was on his deathbed. I mean, literally that’s how my dad sounded a week before he died. The substance was even worse talking about migrants murdering suburban folks walking across the street to get a loaf of bread. I really can’t imagine anyone other than the die hard voting for this.

That's the commercial I see about Sherrod Brown every time I watch any episode on hulu. That Sherrod Brown (Democratic Ohio senator) is responsible for killing children on a school bus because the driver was an illegal immigrant