Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #3151
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I think we can remove Saldana from this list.

Something I've heard a couple of times, and I can't quite recall the logic why, is that Crimson cannot be starting Spawn. Can someone map that out for me, just to put my paranoid mind at ease?

*shrug* I've not been starting or any other type of spawn.
Was never scanned. But as for reasons I am most likely not starting spawn you can read through the game.

I especially point to the threeway confirmation between Julio and saldana and I when I made my empath scans. Empath is not a spawn role, but a villager.

But I also am the main person driving engineering work.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #3152
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think we can remove Saldana from this list.

Something I've heard a couple of times, and I can't quite recall the logic why, is that Crimson cannot be starting Spawn. Can someone map that out for me, just to put my paranoid mind at ease?

He claimed the Empathic role, which a starting Spawn couldn't have had.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #3153
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
CF, the whole 'Shiggles didn't make a scan' argument really seems lacking to me. If he's a spawn, I can't imagine why he wouldn't want to fake his duties and 'clear' people for us rather than out himself in such an obvious way. We saw an example of what happened when Simbo faked his work the day he did it, Barkeep writes it up exactly like he were a regular guy performing his duties.

If you want to argue his being exhausted that other night, yeah, I don't have an explanation for that.

True it is the weaker of the two, yet there has been no explanation for it.
As for "why someone does or doesn't do something" on either side can be anything and they can make up reasons for anything.

Can you point out the post/day Simbo fakes work btw?

Also this was back before that. Anyway Shiggles was using the excuse that BK said "tomorrow" that the medbay would be working.
He was also asking you who to scan. But then never submitted anything. Basically lots of "chatter about stuff" but then doesn't submit.

Akin to the whole "listing people you are suspicious of" and then voting for someone else.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #3154
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm trying to take into account that Shiggles is new and doesn't know certain types of WW moves. But could easily be coached to do certain things. But also being new he could make some big mistakes. So I don't really buy "a wolf would never do that" arguments totally. Because they can do that. Especially when things are already falling apart for the wolf team.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #3155
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

unvote darth
vote shiggles

Shiggles today darth tomorrow
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #3156
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Alright, work order submitted.
I'm leaning towards wanting to lynch dubb, half a bird in the hand is probably worth whatever's in the bushes at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Chief Rum, Simbo, and six slaves walk into a bar head down to the Crew Quarters to do some work.

This is Simbo faking his work.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 AM   #3157
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Sure I'd like to hear more arguments.

Right now we have 2 spawn right? 1 starting and 1 that was converted night before last?

Who it was could depend on what they wanted to achieve/foul up.

Engineering: DV, me, hoops - of the 3 DV has done the least amount of work

Command: JAG for being able to order people and get our conversion done

Trainers: Abe cause he keeps spitting out doctors

Science: brit/GE because they are making things to help us.

Doctor: Shiggles. If he wasn't starting spawn, then a good target once he was converted. He was a doctor before chief though. So why was chief killed and not him?

Those that are much less obvious targets: LSG, brit, GE, Danny. I put brit and GE here because I think they are less of a desirable target.
But this group would probably be a panic button so that they choose someone that wouldn't be scanned or lynched. LSG ehh her posting isn't the strongest compared to when she has been a villager in the past. Danny's play suggests villager to the max the past couple days.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #3158
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So if we did something like this for Monday:

DV supervises 6 slaves + Chubby supervises 4 slaves to convert power facility 1 = That's 5/5 cycles needed to convert power facility 1
hoops converts + CF converts + Julio converts wearing engineering tool on water plant = 8/7 cycles needed to convert water plant
GE converts wearing engineering tool = 2/2 cycles needed to convert science lab

We could conceivably lift off after the day deadline (assuming no faking of work or other mischief of course) if we don't mind not having access to a medical facility or phasers for the remainder of the game. I would say if we end up lynching a spawn today and only have 1 left, that might be a worthy trade-off since we won't have any further mutations to worry about so we'd have very good numerical odds on our side plus the science lab scanner / engineering tools to help us close it out.

Just wanted to say, the other reason for the people selected above doing those specific tasks is that, assuming they haven't already been compromised, we are making sure no one from command has a chance at being mutated since they aren't being exposed to the outside and the Spawn don't have a queen to lead Spawn attacks.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #3159
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh yeah forgot Chubby in my post above. Yeah he's in the last group of people that aren't that important jobwise so I can't see the wolves targetting him to mess us up.

And really the way Chubby's been acting/posting/helping I feel confident about his villagerness right now.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #3160
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Just wanted to say, the other reason for the people selected above doing those specific tasks is that, assuming they haven't already been compromised, we are making sure no one from command has a chance at being mutated since they aren't being exposed to the outside and the Spawn don't have a queen to lead Spawn attacks.

Are you saying that only nonofficers who haven't been out doing things are clear? Or can't anybody be infected since the fence has been down.

As for the queen I never did read those rules so I don't really know what she was used for and what spawn activity she was required for.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #3161
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Sounds good on the transferring stuff JAG. And yeah I don't think they are going to let us use the medlab again so no worries.
Incidently if you do think Shiggles isn't a spawn then why did you throw him in the brig and why don't you want the medbay going? (not that I think we have time for that either)
Old 06-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #3162
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm pretty sure we have a good plan in place to go Shiggles today and Darth tomorrow (unless somehow he clears himself between now and then).

I'd say I am 95% sure about the first one and 75% sure on the second based on the evidence presented.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #3163
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Is it possible to order darth to do the work before he gets online to put in an order to fake it?
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #3164
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know that he has to be online to fake the order. I would imagine he could fake it anytime after given, but you could be right. Again though, if he fakes it, it's an obvious death sentence the next day anyway.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #3165
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I'm pretty sure we have a good plan in place to go Shiggles today and Darth tomorrow (unless somehow he clears himself between now and then).

I'd say I am 95% sure about the first one and 75% sure on the second based on the evidence presented.

Can you reveal your psychic scans from the last few days?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #3166
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So JAG, have you finished thinking about conversion orders?

Should we start submitting them?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #3167
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think we can take action until BK says they're open. I feel pretty decently about the plan I outlined though.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #3168
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I've been trying to scan people that haven't been heavily suspected just to clear them. I started scanning hoopsguy as my second scan, and it took 3 days to reveal what he was. I feel like at this rate, it would take almost a whole week to figure out who a spawn is. Either that or I have been a victim of bad rolls. My new scan has been submitted, but I haven't gotten any result yet from it.

FUCK EA
Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #3169
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I've been trying to scan people that haven't been heavily suspected just to clear them. I started scanning hoopsguy as my second scan, and it took 3 days to reveal what he was. I feel like at this rate, it would take almost a whole week to figure out who a spawn is. Either that or I have been a victim of bad rolls. My new scan has been submitted, but I haven't gotten any result yet from it.

did I miss something? Did hoops reveal what he was? All I remember is hoops not knowing what he was. If you can tell him that would help
Old 06-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #3170
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

It sucks because the longer a scan takes, the more incentive I have to continue scanning.. I thought even with all the evidence to the contrary, the fact that it took more than 2 days had me thinking hoopsguy could have still been a spawn.. But he came back clean.

FUCK EA
Old 06-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #3171
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

hoops don't know what he is?

FUCK EA
Old 06-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #3172
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

With his permission, I guess I can reveal it.

FUCK EA
Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #3173
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Your outline looks good if those are the only things we need, Jag. Don't need brig and medbay yeah. Armory not sure. Without Armory we get no guns. But I do agree that we need to leave soon so no more spawn can be made.

As for motivations of wolves, I have been feeling the Zinto move was the beginning of just going for broke on the wolf side. People were getting revealed on their side so their goal switched from concealing themselves to just keeping us here as long as possible to infect us and therefore not being able to do anything about it. I've felt that a couple times the last couple ingame days. Don't think EVERYthing we've seen has been like that (like killing both doctors instead of doing more damage) but some things.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #3174
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
hoops don't know what he is?

lol I think that's what he said. haha
Old 06-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #3175
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
So I still don't know what my secret role is for this game. Which means that I've got it pretty much narrowed down to a small group of options, all of which seem to be pretty positive for the village.

Not: Absolute Trust, Duplicant, Empathic, Gut Feeling (I had 4 votes at one point, right?), Miracle Worker, Psychic, Slayer, Vigilante

Possible:
- Avenger (have final vote counts been published officially by BK? If not, how would I track this?
- Incorruptible (wondering if this would apply to exposure outside as well? BK?)
- Light Sleeper
- Spawn Aware (the one where I can do some level of tracking to see if it might be applicable)

here
Old 06-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #3176
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

found it on page 63 too
Old 06-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #3177
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

FUCK EA
Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #3178
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I haven't heard Richard Cheese in awhile. He's hilarious. Is that a hint
Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #3179
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Yeah, trying not to make it too obvious, although I think it does.

FUCK EA
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #3180
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Lets just say if a fly lands on the window sill, that bastard wakes up like a war vet being tickled during a sleepover.

FUCK EA
Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #3181
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

heh your 3's company hint meant nothing to me but the fly thing, okay. Light Sleeper.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #3182
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Just knowing he has a villager role is helpful because it should mean he's not Spawn.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #3183
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I was really hoping you would say spawn aware.
I am wondering if at this point anyone that knows their roles should reveal. Most are kinda worthless anyway as compared to actual jobs.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #3184
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Just knowing he has a villager role is helpful because it should mean he's not Spawn.

*nodnod* something we definitely need to know
Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #3185
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

who was the absolute trust group btw?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #3186
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Not possible for you and he to be working together since neither could be starting spawn.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #3187
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
who was the absolute trust group btw?

Myseld, chief rum and schmidty/goldeneagle
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #3188
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Myseld, chief rum and schmidty/goldeneagle

Then that leaves Shiggles, LSG, Abe, Brit, Danny/Packer as the starting spawn possibilities right?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #3189
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #3190
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Time to look at training possibilities.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #3191
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
With his permission, I guess I can reveal it.

I don't - I have it down to 3-4 potential roles but I don't know which one I have. I'm fine with you revealing it in the thread.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #3192
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guess I know it now - which is good, except for fact that I haven't slept much

Was also hoping Spawn Aware, as that would cast doubt on Shiggles claim that he had that role.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #3193
hoopsguy
General Manager

The "no bed" thing is what I consider the biggest hole in the Shiggles defense/timeline. That just doesn't work for me, unless we somehow had the wrong count for beds.

One other point that I've seen raised is tracking night actions to exhausted. It is great in terms of fingering someone who is exhausted without a reason, but the people who are shown in the night reports are not cleared. A spawn can perform their public role and their spawn action in the same evening - their public role doesn't stop them from doing spawn things. I've asked that in the thread and BK has confirmed that is the case.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #3194
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Then that leaves Shiggles, LSG, Abe, Brit, Danny/Packer as the starting spawn possibilities right?

Pretty sure Danny/Packer was scanned by Saldana D2 so he isn't a starting option either.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #3195
hoopsguy
General Manager

JAG, I don't see us having Shiggles in the list of orders for today - per his role he could still scan, correct? Should we "help" him pick his target?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #3196
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I'm ready to put in the order for working/converting the water plant now. Just posting now as a final "speak now or hold your peace" prior to submitting.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #3197
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

You're good to submit as far as I can tell hoops. I think I have our numbers correct.

Re: Shiggles, I'm pretty sure he would scan whoever we asked him to or else look rather suspicious, so not sure I need to burn an order to help him out.

Surprised BK hasn't shown up yet this morning, hope ecerything's ok on his end.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #3198
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Incidentally, I tend to buy Julio's story re: hoops which would mean Julio is on the survivor side of the ledger. I recall a couple days back where he was harping on hoops as a potential Spawn and the fact that Julio wasn't able to get a reading for two consecutive days would explain why he did that.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #3199
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, I'm feeling quite a bit better on Julio now than I was 3-4 days ago as well.

Shiggles - if (when?) he turns up spawn that would give us some insight into the order of actions as well. If there were only two spawn and they got two kills, then for him to be spawn he would have needed to be released from the brig early enough to get his kill. So Spawn kills would be one of the last actions processed.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #3200
britrock88
Pro Starter

Catching up on the weekend's discussion.

But, for today, medium-level research? Medium-level research.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote