Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
We should pitch in and get Jon this mug to replace his old one

I'll chip in a quarter.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #3153
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

You're all obviously too kind, but my sweet wife beat you to it. Found the same Grumpy mug on eBay as a Buy-It-Now and it's already on the way. Unbelievable really.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-14-2011 at 04:41 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #3154
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You're all obviously too kind, but my sweet wife beat you to it. Found the same Grumpy mug on eBay as a Buy-It-Now and it's already on the way. Unbelievable really.

I had a similar experience. I had this old 22 oz. travel mug for years. It was a 1997 Red Wings Stanley Cup mug. I took it everywhere with me. If I was going some place for an extended period of time, I would bring that mug. Coffee just tasted better that way and 22 oz. was the perfect amount for the morning cup of joe.

About 2 years ago it finally broke. The lid cracked. I went on Ebay and found the same exact mugs, but with different logos. I ordered three: A Detroit Lions, Tigers and Wings mug. I needed the insurance.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #3155
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
The Godfather (1 and 2) are perfect 10s as far as movies go (IMO)
if it was released now do you think it would be as popular? idk. there's subtlety to it that i don't think modern audiences would appreciate.

like when vito is home recovering and everyone leaves the room and he has this look on his face like, 'how did this all happen?'

then fredo comes in and sits down next to a gift basket of oranges.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #3156
stevew
Hall Of Famer

TJ Maxx has kickass prices on ground coffee.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #3157
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

It may have only been DDSPB2, but after the way Jerry Sloan left Utah last week I couldn't help but grin ear to ear on this:

Jazz 92, Pistons 93 - 0:08, 4th Quarter
Detroit inbounds the ball
Deron Williams steals the dribble!
Oh My! I can't believe Williams missed the wide open dunk on the break!
That's the end of the game.
The final score is Detroit 93 and Utah 92

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #3158
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Very cool to be listening to the radio & ask my 12 y/o "who is this" (I was coming up blank on the song) and have him immediately be able to identify the difference between Mudvayne & Hellyeah.

Parenting skillz, I got 'em
Old 02-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #3159
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Very cool to be listening to the radio & ask my 12 y/o "who is this" (I was coming up blank on the song) and have him immediately be able to identify the difference between Mudvayne & Hellyeah.

Parenting skillz, I got 'em
I've never heard of Hellyeah, but I like Mudvayne, so now I'm going to find Hellyeah. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #3160
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I've never heard of Hellyeah, but I like Mudvayne, so now I'm going to find Hellyeah. Thanks!

Singer + guitarist from Mudvayne + Vinnie Paul (ex-Pantera) ... a Texas-influenced version of Mudvayne, less complex/more straight-ahead.

Saw them over the summer, considerably better live than what I expected to be honest, very professional/technically proficient & yet having a balls to the wall good time which was contagious.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #3161
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Godspeed, coffee cup.

See you in hell, dinner plate.

(Really, everything comes back to the Simpsons)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #3162
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

For new parents:

When you think your newborn child is not doing Whatever The Books Say They Should Be Doing, and the nurses who've been there for 800 years and seen a billion babies say they're fine, Listen To Them. They're right.

I didn't take me long to realize that one.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-15-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #3163
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
For new parents:

When you think your newborn child is not doing Whatever The Books Say They Should Be Doing, and the nurses who've been there for 800 years and seen a billion babies say they're fine, Listen To Them. They're right.

I didn't take me long to realize that one.

I'll add a corrolary: It's your child, not the writers nor the doctors nor the nurses nor any of the experts. Your instincts are significantly better than you may want to give yourself credit for, you spend more time with your child than anyone & you know when something "isn't right" with them. Nature seems to give us those instincts to help insure survival of the species, don't be overly intimidated by the "pros".
Old 02-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #3164
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

CNN Headline:

A 'mancation' failure in San Francisco

That just don't sound right.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #3165
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
CNN Headline:

A 'mancation' failure in San Francisco

That just don't sound right.

Saw that too on CNN.com. San Fran isn't quite the place I'd pick for a 'mancation'. This place will suck the life out of you just trying find a parking spot. Relaxing is hardly what I would call this part of California.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #3166
Ksyrup

Or it could totally be the place for a mancation.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #3167
stevew
Hall Of Famer

SF is down low on where I would want to mancation.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #3168
Ksyrup

Depends on what you're looking for in a man.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #3169
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Now I've seen Part II of The Godfather.

My question is this: How much of the 2nd and 3rd movies are in the book? I'm definitely going to find a copy of it.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #3170
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate going to Kinko's to get presentations bound? And how it always seems to happen in the middle of the night no matter what the schedule or how much I've worked on it?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #3171
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The more I think of it, the more not coaching football this year is going to suck.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #3172
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
The more I think of it, the more not coaching football this year is going to suck.

Hell, I could have told you that you'd say that. (although I don't think I realized you weren't coaching this year)
Old 02-17-2011, 05:48 AM   #3173
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It was a tough decision. I'm moving closer to my fiancé. She lives about 60 miles away. With her job, she has to have the ability to be there in 30 minutes. Her job's location is actually a little further away. It was either I move there or she moves here and gets a new job. Like I mentioned, it was a tough decision.

Nothing set in stone, but the youth league has been told I won't be running the flag football league this spring or be coaching there this year. Parents are slowly getting the news. I just hate telling them.

I still plan on filming at De Soto on Friday nights. The league has talked about giving me a "VIP" badge of sorts allowing me access to the practice fields and sidelines during the games. There's also talk of certifying as a referee to help on Saturdays...freeing me of those weekday practices.

This does allow me to catch a few college games this year, which is what I will most likely do. Games at Tennesssee, Memphis, Arkansas State, Mississippi State, Illinois, Kansas, and Mizzou are all possibilities. Maybe Arkansas, who knows.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #3174
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Now I've seen Part II of The Godfather.

My question is this: How much of the 2nd and 3rd movies are in the book? I'm definitely going to find a copy of it.

Most of the 2nd movie is, none of the 3rd is.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #3175
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I am 35 years old now...and still not sure I totally "get" Grape-Nuts.

They are good...but I ate a bowl full this morning, and my jaw feels like I was on the wrong end of a Matt Cooke hit.

Is there a formula to determine just how much you can eat before your jaw gives out?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #3176
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You are quite wrong. They are not good. At all.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #3177
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Grape-Nuts was the only cereal I ate for many years. Pretty much throughout all of highschool and then again a lot through law school.

With the right amount of sugar, they're pretty good.

It's been a while though. Not sure I'd go back.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #3178
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Grape-Nuts was the only cereal I ate for many years. Pretty much throughout all of highschool and then again a lot through law school.

With the right amount of sugar, they're pretty good.

It's been a while though. Not sure I'd go back.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #3179
Autumn
Head Coach

What is tapioca? And why is it in my pudding?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #3180
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I have an hangup that loud crunching noises while eating just drive me nuts.

Grape Nuts is probably the absolute worst thing someone could eat around me.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #3181
JediKooter
Coordinator

I like grape nuts, I like grapes. Grape nuts do not taste like grapes. However, as HB said, with enough sugar, they aren't too bad.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #3182
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I tried bacon flavored popcorn yesterday. I will not be trying it again.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #3183
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ran across this web site and thought it was pretty cool and a nice little time waster: ghost ads by area

It's a website for someone doing research for their thesis. She's going around Chicago and photographing old signs on buildings and documenting them. There's also a links page for the same thing in other cities as well.

The only thing lacking (in my opinion) is information regarding some of the signs, like how old is it, is the company out of business now,etc...

Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #3184
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was interested in captain america til I realized they cast the douche who played the human torch.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #3185
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
What is tapioca? And why is it in my pudding?

Because it sounds more appealing (or at least more mysterious) than calling it what it really is: root starch from the cassava plant. It is in your pudding to thicken it so it doesn't seem like dessert soup.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-17-2011 at 07:40 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #3186
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Rock star Rod Stewart’s wife Penny Lancaster has given birth to a boy. The baby is his eighth child at the age of 66.

Aiden was born on Wednesday in the UK weighing 7lb 12oz.

A statement released on the couple’s behalf said they were “proud and thrilled” and both mother and child were healthy.

Keep rockin' Rod!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #3187
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Think you know your world currency?

How well do you know your currencies? | The Washington Post

Tough little bugger, I got 7 out of 10.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #3188
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

My drive to work this morning was nuts.

Some people might see a deer dart across the street. Squirrels, rabbits, etc I see all the time.

I've seen turkeys a couple times in the last few years.

This morning I saw what can only be described as a gang of turkeys...honest to God, about 40-50 of them. I considered turning back to get a picture, but didn't want to take my chances.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #3189
Ksyrup

Quote:
The baby is his eighth child at the age of 66.

Damn, Rod Stewart's had 8 kids since his last birthday?!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #3190
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
This morning I saw what can only be described as a gang of turkeys

I believe you could also have called them a rafter of turkeys
Old 02-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #3191
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I've never seen 50 turkeys, but I had an "oh shit" moment with 3 a few years back. They moved. Unlike the cows.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #3192
Schmidty
Coordinator

Having the in-laws stay at our house for a week seemed like a nice little get-together.

6 days into it, it feels like it's been 2 weeks already. The in-laws are nice and such, I get along with them (mostly because I bite my tongue instead of arguing with their often ludacris ideas), and they're great with my daughter. The problem is that they don't know how to stop going 100 mph constantly. They have redesigned things in my man room which pisses me off, and have brought in furniture for my daughters room without asking, and redesigned that to, which infuriated my wife. They are very critical of just about everything, and I feel like I have walk on eggshells in my own house.

The fact that they can't relax and chill doesn't fit with me, as I am much more laid back. I'm even more laid back right now because my shitty health, and inability to do anything that stresses my body. Of course, they look at me with judging eyes, and it makes me feel like shit. I told them that I would love to do more things to help out other than doing all of the cooking, but I can't because my doctor doesn't want me to until I hit 160 (currently 144) because of my epilepsy and new pills, etc. They don't seem to buy it. I feel like kicking them in the shins and slapping their faces.

I can't wait until they leave.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #3193
Izulde
Head Coach

Bronchitis sucks. Generics + great prescription insurance rules.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #3194
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Screw ESPN College Town. It was the last app I had been playing on facebook. Just too busy to play a game with any sort of deadline driven scenarios. By making the events time sensitive, they lost me. I enjoyed it, but I don't have the time to mess with something like that.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #3195
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
See you in hell, dinner plate.

(Really, everything comes back to the Simpsons)

At least early season Simpsons, yes.

Oh, and the last page was one of the better ones in this thread.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #3196
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I don't know anything about NASCAR, but this house just blew up.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #3197
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Trevor Fucking Bane
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #3198
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know anything about NASCAR, but this house just blew up.

That was awesome. Not only for a 20 y/o rookie to win, but to do it for owners who helped build NASCAR and have worked so hard to remain relevant & refused to play the whole start-and-park charade, couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #3199
sabotai
General Manager

I really need to stop being such a slacker. Damn my generational identity!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #3200
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

At some point in the next few years, I fully expect to read an article on the internet that states, "Now that computers have been developed that use their self-awareness to breach the fabric of the universe and send relentless hunter-killer cyborgs back in time to destroy the ancestors of tomorrow's top researchers, are we a step closer to developing SKYNET?"

And half the comments will be about PC vs. Mac users.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote