Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2021, 03:53 PM   #31751
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Wonder if Kyle Rittenhouse gets a pardon.

I doubt he could afford one
Old 01-18-2021, 03:54 PM   #31752
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Probably not.

Quote:
In the wake of President Donald Trump presidential pardon spree for political allies and the well-connected on Tuesday evening, social media users began speculating about the possibility that the president would also be granting clemency to Kyle Rittenhouse, the Illinois teen drove across state lines in August and killed two men in Kenosha, Wisconsin. As several attorneys went on to point out on Twitter, however, the presidential pardon power extends only to federal crimes and the 17-year-old Rittenhouse does not face federal charges.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:54 PM   #31753
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I doubt he could afford one

Hah, this is a good one.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:55 PM   #31754
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

derp- thats right
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:02 PM   #31755
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Assange is not expected to get a pardon per the article. (It may have changed/updated though).

I am okay with Assange spending the rest of his life hiding in an embassy (or wherever is he now). I know there was something about a minor (?) but personally, it would have been fascinating for it to play out in US courts re: wiki leaks and 1A argument.
Earlier version did say he was expected, that paragraph has changed.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:33 PM   #31756
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

he probably gets a penisswinging display pardon with trump not realizing that it can't help him.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:40 PM   #31757
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I see Stephen Miller released his race bating term paper on MLK day.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:41 PM   #31758
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Even if servers make $20/hour, people would still tip and ruin it. It's too engrained in culture.

It's more likely to spread further into other services.

I mean, I went to Thailand and wasn't expected to tip and it was super easy not to tip.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #31759
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I see Stephen Miller released his race bating term paper on MLK day.

A term paper usually comes with a bibliography and foot/endnotes. This is essentially a elaborate right wing blog post. Which is where a lot of the framework and narratives originate.

The whole list of participants gets creepier the closer you look. And the whole "no one sided history ! Except the original version of course, because that's the true one and truth only has one side" narrative is just insane.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:46 PM   #31760
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Of course, California among many other states already have $13-14 dollars minimum wage. Anybody there have a report of large restaurant closing (before covid)? Was the food at McDonald's too expensive to afford?
Most resurants in my area, including McDonald's are offering $10-12 dollars an hour to start.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nope, all was pretty normal up until covid. No dogs and cats raining from the sky or anything like that as well.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:31 PM   #31761
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I mean, I went to Thailand and wasn't expected to tip and it was super easy not to tip.

FWIW, whenever I go to Asia, I tip regardless - restaurants, tour guides, tuk-tuk drivers etc. Your $ goes a way lot further than in Europe.

I always have to go google it to see if it's "appropriate" or "okay" or an "insult" (e.g. Japan) for a particular country.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:40 PM   #31762
molson
General Manager

Quote:
FWIW, whenever I go to Asia, I tip regardless - restaurants, tour guides, tuk-tuk drivers etc. Your $ goes a way lot further than in Europe.

I always have to go google it to see if it's "appropriate" or "okay" or an "insult" (e.g. Japan) for a particular country.

Ya, I've learned it's just easier to tip then stress over whether to.

I try very much in my travels to embrace and respect the local customs with this one exception - I'm going to be a typical idiot American and give people money when don't have to. I'm fine with that, especially in poorer countries.

Except Japan. I was told not to do it in Japan. Do you know of any others where it should be avoided so as not to offend?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:43 PM   #31763
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

I try very much in my travels to embrace and respect the local customs with this one exception - I'm going to be a typical idiot American and give people money when don't have to. I'm fine with that, especially in poorer countries.

Except Japan. I was told not to do it in Japan. Do you know of any others where it should be avoided so as not to offend?

I was told one drawback to doing it elsewhere is it leads to staff giving better treatment to tourists than locals.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:58 PM   #31764
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I just avoid situations where I'm expected to tip. It's like a stealth guilty tax.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:07 PM   #31765
MrBug708
Head Coach

Anyone catch this?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...nal-Report.pdf
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #31766
bhlloy
Coordinator

That’s a fun read knowing what happened at the Capitol. I’m surprised they didn’t manage to get a paragraph in there about the right way the founding fathers intended us to vote.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:17 PM   #31767
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

South Korea as well.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:57 PM   #31768
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I just avoid situations where I'm expected to tip. It's like a stealth guilty tax.

so you cook your own meals and maybe get take out then?
Old 01-19-2021, 06:37 AM   #31769
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Yeah, that's what was mentioned above as "Millers term paper". Was too lazy to post the link.

It's an atrocity and in combination with that "garden of statues" declaration speaks volumes to a certain group of peoples understanding of History as sth that needs to be enshrined as unchanging based on a Status Quo agreed from above. With the intent to try and entertain just enough ideas of "good opposition" to create the illusion of neutrality.
And to do that you paint the "other side" in a way that's just very typical of right wing narratives. And shows a profound lack of understanding or lots of ignorance/strategy when it comes to the actual grievances.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 01-19-2021 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:50 AM   #31770
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That’s a fun read knowing what happened at the Capitol. I’m surprised they didn’t manage to get a paragraph in there about the right way the founding fathers intended us to vote.

There has to be an opening about opposition to the Stamp Act and propping up the Postal Service with more mail voting. Then again, god kinda did send Moses a letter and letters feature prominently in the bible. So maybe they were conflicted here.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:23 AM   #31771
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

When I travel, I google on "tipping in (country)".

But here is a general article

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/article...ound-the-world
Old 01-19-2021, 07:37 AM   #31772
miked
College Starter

Quote:

I went to a restaurant in Beijing with a co-worker and she tried to tip the server. She followed us out and walked halfway down the block trying to give it back to us. Our tour guide for the great wall enjoyed the tip though.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:06 AM   #31773
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Umm, that is interesting. Now I know the other side's perspective I guess.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:16 AM   #31774
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

As I saw someone remark the other night, that "essay" has strong "Webster's Dictionary defines 'American' as . . . " vibes.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #31775
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Seems fairly straightforward why Lil Wayne backed Trump. Much like all of the other greaseballs associated with this administration, he needs a federal pardon.

https://www.eonline.com/ca/news/1209...and-ammunition

If the reports are correct, I want to make sure stevew gets full credit.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-19-2021, 09:03 AM   #31776
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
so you cook your own meals and maybe get take out then?

yup.

For example today I'm expecting to get a shipment from HomeChef.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:06 AM   #31777
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Pompeo takes the opportunity to tweet that multiculturalism is not who America is.

White nationalism till the end.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:10 AM   #31778
PilotMan
Head Coach

I mean the Puritans, by literal definition, weren't exactly multi-culturalists. One thing I've learned is that the definition of what makes "America" is malleable and has been fought over for centuries.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:11 AM   #31779
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
As I saw someone remark the other night, that "essay" has strong "Webster's Dictionary defines 'American' as . . . " vibes.

I liked Booker in an unrelated Interview calling this whole greater strategy/leaning a tendency to, instead of confronting shitty stuff in ones history and acounting for it (as every nation had to do and most did at some point*), create "Disneyland versions of america".

*and not alway immediately, this CAN happen even after X years or decades or even centuries have passed. Like how Germany failed to confront it after WWII apart from the bare minimum (as 'forced' by the allies) but then under pressure from a younger generation (and this wasn't always pretty) made big strides eventually. Or how New Zealand is at least trying to atone for past grievances and resulting structural and cultural issues with regard to the Maori population.

Last edited by whomario : 01-19-2021 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:24 AM   #31780
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I mean the Puritans, by literal definition, weren't exactly multi-culturalists. One thing I've learned is that the definition of what makes "America" is malleable and has been fought over for centuries.

Even if you want to start at 1620 you also have to include the native populations, the Spanish, the Dutch, and enslaved Africans.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:47 AM   #31781
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Pompeo takes the opportunity to tweet that multiculturalism is not who America is.

White nationalism till the end.

Also this

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:48 AM   #31782
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The last sentence of this article might be the perfect epitaph for the Trump Presidency.

Trump supporter shocked after president commutes sentence of man who swindled him out of his life savings - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism

Quote:
Pugmire also said that the president's decision to commute the fraudster's sentence had shaken his faith in whether Trump has been truthful with his supporters.

"I had been trying to forget all this, but it makes you wonder, even being a Trump supporter, about his honesty," he said.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:54 AM   #31783
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Yep that all folks
Old 01-19-2021, 12:27 PM   #31784
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

r/LeopardsAteMyFace

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:42 PM   #31785
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, that's getting reposted.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:45 PM   #31786
QuikSand
lolzcat

I Prosecuted Robert Bales. He Should Never Receive a Pardon | Military.com

oh no reason
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #31787
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sidney Powell drops her lawsuit to overturn Georgia's election 24 hours before Biden takes over. I really hope she represents her self in the Dominion Voting machines lawsuit
Old 01-19-2021, 04:20 PM   #31788
GrantDawg

As we leave the Trump presidency, this thread has over 31k posts. That is a huge number in 4 years on a message board with an ever shrinking number of posters. One thing Trump did. He definitely kept people talking.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:39 PM   #31789
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
As we leave the Trump presidency, this thread has over 31k posts. That is a huge number in 4 years on a message board with an ever shrinking number of posters. One thing Trump did. He definitely kept people talking.

And a whole fifth of some forumites' posts.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:43 PM   #31790
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Can we get another 31k for his second term?

#QforLife
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:40 PM   #31791
GrantDawg

How about a new political party? https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...045134851?s=19

Old 01-19-2021, 07:48 PM   #31792
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Here is a complete catelogued and recorded history of this administration. I warn you it is difficult to get through without shouting or gritting your teeth. I recommend excessive beverage and emotional support cookies

Lest We Forget the Horrors: A Catalog of Trump’s Worst Cruelties, Collusions, Corruptions, and Crimes: The Complete Listing (So Far): Atrocities 1-1,053 - McSweeney’s Internet Tendency
Old 01-19-2021, 07:49 PM   #31793
GrantDawg

I want this Patriot party to happen. It will hurt the GOP so much, but leave them both pretty weak. Of course, it also could leave me wishing I hadn't asked for it, but less likely.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-19-2021 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:55 PM   #31794
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
I want this Patriot party to happen. It will hurt the GOP so much, but leave them both pretty weak. Of course, it also could leave me wishing I hadn't asked for it, but less likely.

I am not sure about it hurting the GOP necessarily just because I am not sure about the viability of any third party in the U.S. However, I would like to see the platform.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:00 PM   #31795
GrantDawg

The platform will be whatever Trump says.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #31796
GrantDawg

Dola: a Trump party would pull at least 15%. Heck, in Georgia it might actually outdraw the GOP.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:38 PM   #31797
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
How about a new political party? https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...045134851?s=19

One of the hardest things about fighting Al-Qaeda was that they had no land, and they had no country. There was no easy place with which to wage war. ISIS was itself very difficult to deal with until they declared their location, as in their caliphate. The battle could then be fought in a place, against them. I bring this up, because this would be the very best thing for both major parties. It defines the support, breaks it away from the main political parties, and allows the fight against them and their craziness to be fought more cleanly. As long as they are undefined, and existing within the R party, they will both exist as a cancer, and as a symbiotic parasite able to survive and live off of it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #31798
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Here is a complete catelogued and recorded history of this administration. I warn you it is difficult to get through without shouting or gritting your teeth. I recommend excessive beverage and emotional support cookies

Lest We Forget the Horrors: A Catalog of Trump’s Worst Cruelties, Collusions, Corruptions, and Crimes: The Complete Listing (So Far): Atrocities 1-1,053 - McSweeney’s Internet Tendency

The fact that he got elected after all the shit he pulled on the campaign trail, in addition to being a total moron, shows just how morally bankrupt a huge portion of our country is.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:51 PM   #31799
Edward64
Head Coach

I think a Trump Patriot Party will be fascinating in how it impacts US politics for the next 4-8-12 years. Overall, it will help the Dems and hurt the GOP.

However, I do think the party will quickly lose steam once Trump is gone into the dirt. I personally don't see Ivanka or Jr. having the cult-like-following that Trump has.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:13 PM   #31800
Thomkal
Head Coach

trump and Melania leave the White House for the last time at 8 am tomorrow morning.