Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #3101
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That's cool. Funny thing is, I don't take that much stock in the numbers game -- I mean, anyone looking at them agree who has the higher chance of being spawn based on the data -- the rest is just nit-picking.

Yeah, exactly, hence I just go with the easy math instead of breaking out the rest.

Congrats on the house man, as a resident of the Bay Area, I'm highly jealous of anyone who can buy one.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #3102
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Bought a house?

Yep. First time, and we're nervous as hell about it. It's weird, because people do it all the time, so it must not be THAT big of a deal, but it still is.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #3103
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

List of people whom I assume didn't -start- the game as any spawn (with small chance of spawn unaware):

Captain - Alan T
First Officer - KWhit
Second Officer - Render
Security Chief - Hoopsguy
Trainer - mccollins
Doctor - path 12
Galley Master - Schmidty
Marc Vaughn

List of people we don't have a read on other than actions and posts:

Ensign - Telle
Chief Engineer - Tyrith
PurdueBrad
Danny
JeHeinz72
Medic - The Jackal
Sergeant at Arms - oliegirl
Warden - Passacagalia
Slavemaster - Saldana
Security Crewman - Mrs. Schmidty
LoneStarGirl
PackerFanatic

Claphamsa
Chubby
bulletsponge

I've already mentioned from the below list that I feel ok about some of the people listed there even though we don't have any great proof or metagaming reasons to believe so yet..

With Telle we don't know if she started a spawn or got infected on an away mission.. I don't recall if the actual spawn role is listed or just lists them as spawn.. I guess we might figure that out later...

One thing to keep in mind is that without various usage of special abilities not all of the spawn know each other's identity.. that was one of my biggest reasons I was pushing no lynch earlier on to get stuff fixed is with the spawns not all knowing each other and the high rate of conversions voting records don't necessarily mean as much this game.. or at least early game...

So someone who is a spawn could have voted Telle very early or confidently without even knowing Telle was a spawn (especially if she was infected off the ship).. Or vice versa, someone might assume since Telle's mission was half-way successful that she wasn't a spawn and voted for her only to find out later she was a fellow spawn and they just didn't know it..
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #3104
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yep. First time, and we're nervous as hell about it. It's weird, because people do it all the time, so it must not be THAT big of a deal, but it still is.

I feel ya. My wife and I have had ours for a little over a year and were surprised as hell to even have a shot at one. It is a big deal, but it helps to ask questions and have a ton of support. 'Grats
Old 07-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #3105
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Congrats on the house man, as a resident of the Bay Area, I'm highly jealous of anyone who can buy one.

Ditto from Seattle. Two years. Maybe.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #3106
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, exactly, hence I just go with the easy math instead of breaking out the rest.

It's been hard. Growing up in West Michigan, I'm used to hearing about much different prices compared to Chicago, so there was a lot of sticker shock. I was hoping to pay a lot less than the listing price, but there was another buyer involved, and in getting our offer accepted, we ended up paying closer to listing price than I expected. But I have to keep telling myself that the place was just listed at a better price in the first place, that it was the place we liked most regardless of price, and that there were a LOT of places we liked less, that cost more money.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #3107
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh, and if it helps any, it's not a full house -- just a condo.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #3108
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Just got home from work so I'm catching up.

I slept, woke up once, then fell back asleep so I healed up and wasn't distrubed (thankfully)
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #3109
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay all, I'm audi!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #3110
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Lynch bulletsponge

I was surprised he voted MV before I had even explained why and I think now it was to get heat off of telle.

I do have 1 empath scan yet so I'm all ears to suggestions.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #3111
Danny
Head Coach

Chubby, I would consider using it soon, no one can be converted now and even adding one more person to the CoT before you could potentially be killed would be nice. Plus I'm sure they won't kill you if your empaths are gone.

For specific suggestion I'm not sure yet.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #3112
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Chubby, I would consider using it soon, no one can be converted now and even adding one more person to the CoT before you could potentially be killed would be nice. Plus I'm sure they won't kill you if your empaths are gone.

For specific suggestion I'm not sure yet.

Hence why I'm taking suggestions

I'd like to use it on someone that most people don't have a read on but that's just personal preference.

bullet is at the top of my suspicious list right now due to his voting.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #3113
Danny
Head Coach

After the seers cleared each other some people suggested scanning me. I think someone else made a suggestion as well, but I can't remember it. If you decide you want to empath me feel free to come up with any statement you want and I will make it for that purpose.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #3114
Danny
Head Coach

I'd say it might not be bad idea to do in someone who is under a lot of suspision tonight like LSG or Saldana, but I'm worried that too many people won't be around tonight and ready to change their vote.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #3115
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Hence why I'm taking suggestions

I'd like to use it on someone that most people don't have a read on but that's just personal preference.

bullet is at the top of my suspicious list right now due to his voting.

I would suggest either Chubby or possibly LSG, though I have a wolfier read on Chubby.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #3116
Danny
Head Coach

I don't think he is going to empath himself
Old 07-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #3117
Danny
Head Coach

I wouldn't mind seeing chubby clear someone and then have him scanned tomorrow, that we can clear two people or get a spawn.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #3118
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

and oliegirl goes up a notch on my radar.

I'd love to be cleared today by a doc scan but I'm cool without one. and no, I'm not going to empath myself
Old 07-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #3119
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Lynch bulletsponge

I was surprised he voted MV before I had even explained why and I think now it was to get heat off of telle.

I do have 1 empath scan yet so I'm all ears to suggestions.

I would suggest either waiting until Monday when there will be more people around, or else to pick someone you would like to find out about one way or another -- but who is not a lynch candidate today. Too many folks are gone for the day to pick someone who is up for vote right now.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #3120
Danny
Head Coach

What do you think the chances are Chubby gets attacked tonight? Killing someone with the ability to catch a spawn or clear someone seems like a decent idea.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #3121
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What do you think the chances are Chubby gets attacked tonight? Killing someone with the ability to catch a spawn or clear someone seems like a decent idea.

I thought I'd get attacked last night while wounded and having one empath left but I guess that would have been obvious. Not sure if I was guarded last night or not.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #3122
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Here is LSG"s vote, coming when it was already 8-1 Telle. It's a back-breaker vote for Telle, but it came in a way, after 8 was reached and the deal was about sealed.

The top post didn't sit right with Pass either.

Hrm.

Exactly... why would i put vote 9 on a fellow wolf? There was potential that somebody would switch off telle and go to a no lynch vote, but with my 9th vote i sealed her fate. Having one bad mission is not a good enough reason to vote for somebody in my opinion.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #3123
Danny
Head Coach

BK, did you get my question?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #3124
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK, did you get my question?
Missed it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #3125
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, my action is in for the Water Plant repair. I'll let you guys decide if you feel you need to double me up for lack of trust or exhaustion issues.

Did you miss or simply ignore my commentary on what needs repaired first?

Please change your order to work on the following repairs in this order:

Slave pens
Security HQ
Cargo hold
Water Plant.

if you don't agree I would like to hear a good reasoning. I already posted mine. I'll order a change if need be. I only have 1ap but I will use it
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #3126
RendeR
Coordinator

ENGINEERS PLEASE NOTE MY PREVIOUS POST
Old 07-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #3127
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Missed it.

If a spawn uses the ability to block a person's night ability, is that person aware their ability is being blocked?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #3128
RendeR
Coordinator

BK: When officer's "give orders" is that limited to 1 person? Or could I for example say "Chief Engineer! Take your men and complete repairs on the following items...."?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #3129
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
I don't think he is going to empath himself

LOL, I am sorry! That is what I get for multi-tasking...I was paying bills, working, and trying to post in ww at the same time. Big mistake. I meant LSG or MV...I don't think he was empathed yesterday, or was he? That all got very confusing.

Anyway, I'm working on catching up now...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #3130
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Did you miss or simply ignore my commentary on what needs repaired first?

Please change your order to work on the following repairs in this order:

Slave pens
Security HQ
Cargo hold
Water Plant.

if you don't agree I would like to hear a good reasoning. I already posted mine. I'll order a change if need be. I only have 1ap but I will use it

I agree that slave pens needs to be repaired first, but either cargo hold or water plant second or we don't have water for tommorrow. Now with no more conversions I'm not as worried about the brig as before, so for me water > phasers+brig.. The main thing is both should be repairable by tommorrow so the most important thing is water for in the morning and then phasers and brig for later tommororw...

So I think pens -> Water plant, and then you can do HQ and hold.

Quote:
BK: When officer's "give orders" is that limited to 1 person? Or could I for example say "Chief Engineer! Take your men and complete repairs on the following items...."?

Give orders is limited to one person and one action. You can order Tyrith to work on something, but not order him and his staff to work on something.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #3131
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola, and I don't believe you can order for night actions either.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #3132
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
LOL, I am sorry! That is what I get for multi-tasking...I was paying bills, working, and trying to post in ww at the same time. Big mistake. I meant LSG or MV...I don't think he was empathed yesterday, or was he? That all got very confusing.

Anyway, I'm working on catching up now...

Marc Vaughn as both been empathed supposedly by Chubby and now scanned today by Path whom I do feel trust in... so Marc Vaughn is NOT a good empath choice..

At this point Chubby probably should just empath someone on monday.. since any spawnlings that might have been planted last night (or today for Saldana's mission) won't turn into a spawn until monday anyways, but that will be the last of conversions... and I'm not sure that Chubby as an empath with only one scan left is as much of a night target as the two doctors, or myself as captain.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #3133
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I disagree with the focus on the water generators, we have enough water for tomorrow morning, that gives us tonight, tomorrow morning and tomorrow night, the following morning to repair the water system before anyone is in danger of dying from dehydration. 3 full cycles of repair time. We need to get the pens, the HQ and the cargo hold repaired as soon as possible.

Personally I think the pens and the HQ should go first, as the worst case scenario is the slaves rioting yet again and causing MORE damage. The HQ gives us a safe haven WITH BEDS, and access to all the security abilities.

I'm worried that we're focusing on the water at the detriment of the entire mission. Even if some people die due to dehydration we still can finish the mission, the the slaves riot or the spawn damage the cargo hold more or anything more due to a lack of phasers and security ability then we're screwed.

Render I went back to find what your point was for repair orders since I think I missed it or skimmed over it (I'm out of town now).

The issue is we have zero water for the morning right now (Cargo hold is broken so we can't get water out of it)... and fixing the security HQ tonight doesn't give us phasers in the morning.. we won't get them until at the end of tommorrow anyways at this point..

So fixing the security HQ tonight doesn't really buy us anything.. Fixing the water plant or Cargo hold tonight gives us water for the morning (which we don't have otherwise).. I think Security HQ is a high priority to be fixed tommororw though for the brig and the phasers, I agree. Fixing it during the day tommorrow will make both available for tommorrow night.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #3134
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

And for my attempt at a quin-dola..

Also Render, I tossed out a suggestion earlier.. up to you to take it though if you want.. For your action you might want to look at moving someone you trust to be an additional warden.. especially if Pass is getting votes from people..
Old 07-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #3135
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok sex-dola...

Or if not a warden, could look at moving a security person to a more flexible security officer who can spy and protect too. Up to you though, I'll let you figure out what you feel is best for that since I feel you are trusted this game... I'm just saying don't waste your AP to order someone to fix something.. if need be I have several AP that could be used as such if someone has a reason I should just say so.. I can't however move people's positions (Although I could order you to do so as a waste of both mine and your AP)... so I guess I'm saying your AP is pretty valuable used elsewhere In my opinion
Old 07-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #3136
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If a spawn uses the ability to block a person's night ability, is that person aware their ability is being blocked?
Maybe.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #3137
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It is limited to 1 single step action that a person may complete. So yesterday when Alan ordered Render to replace Hoops in the brig it actually was two separate orders and thus two AP (take out hoops, put in Render).
Old 07-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #3138
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Maybe.

Oh, well at least I know now
Old 07-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #3139
RendeR
Coordinator

When did we lose the 23 water we had? perhaps I missed that but I thought we had one days worth right now *which we drink in the mornings, so we have tomorrow covered?*

If I missed it I apologize, Even so we only become dehydrated tomorrow and we can repair the water pumps during the day tomorrow and have more than enough water for the following morning.

The other areas are still more important.

Your call Cap'.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #3140
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Danny goes to the water plant to start repairing it. He later seems to regret this, but the repairs are already under way so he continues his work there.

I'm home and playing catch up - only 6 pages this time!

I quoted this because it seems there's always something different about the posts regarding him - what is it he regretted exactly? Going to work on the water plant? The fact that others were already there? Am I reading too much into it?
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #3141
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When did we lose the 23 water we had? perhaps I missed that but I thought we had one days worth right now *which we drink in the mornings, so we have tomorrow covered?*

If I missed it I apologize, Even so we only become dehydrated tomorrow and we can repair the water pumps during the day tomorrow and have more than enough water for the following morning.

The other areas are still more important.

Your call Cap'.

We can't get the 23 water for tommorrow out of the hold if it is damaged. It has to be repaired for us to be able to drink any of it.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #3142
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post

I quoted this because it seems there's always something different about the posts regarding him - what is it he regretted exactly? Going to work on the water plant? The fact that others were already there? Am I reading too much into it?

He had asked to cancel his order after conversation in the thread but this was BK's way of saying once an order is in you can't undo it.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #3143
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post

He had sent in another message asking to cancel that, but day orders are considered implemented immediately and so he couldn't change his order. Happened yesterday to someone too, though I forget who.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #3144
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So, here is an updated trust list, in rough order:
Trust (with reason): self, Alan, KWhit, RendeR, Path, Schmidty
Semi-trust (by gut): Tyrith, Marc Vaughn
Neutral, but willing to work upwards: Danny, Chubby
Semi-distrust (by virtue of 3-4 away missions): Saldana
Distrust (by gut): Heinz
Distrust (by bad results): LSG

I should be in the COT - no reason for me to not be listed.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #3145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
We can't get the 23 water for tommorrow out of the hold if it is damaged. It has to be repaired for us to be able to drink any of it.

Render, what my point was:

If we fix slave pens + HQ tonight and water plant tommorrow:

We still don't have the brig or phasers tonight, tommorrow we have no water and are dehydrated. We will have the brig and phasers available tommorrow night however and water the next day.

If we fix slave pens + water plant tonight and HQ tommorrow:

We don't have brig or phasers tonight still just like last scenerio, but tommorrow we do have water and no one is dehdrated, plus we will have the brig and phasers available for tommorrow night..

So my point is we actually don't gain anything fixing the security HQ tonight if we can fix it tommorrow.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #3146
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I IMMEDIATELY ORDER LIFT OFF

YAY!!

*they better not lose my luggage this time or I'll be pissed!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #3147
RendeR
Coordinator

Ahh I think I misca;cu;ated anyway, me and simple math == fail

We need 7 repairs for the HW, Pens and Cargo, not 6 as I was tihkning.

I'll but out and leave it to you then. My thinking was entirely along the lines that we could have those three items totally done.

The Pens get priority in my mind though, those 2 points MUST be repaired as another slave riot all but destroys this mission entirely. I just don't want to risk that, no matter how improbable anyone thinks a slave riot twice in one mission might be.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #3148
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ahh I think I misca;cu;ated anyway, me and simple math == fail

We need 7 repairs for the HW, Pens and Cargo, not 6 as I was tihkning.

I'll but out and leave it to you then. My thinking was entirely along the lines that we could have those three items totally done.

The Pens get priority in my mind though, those 2 points MUST be repaired as another slave riot all but destroys this mission entirely. I just don't want to risk that, no matter how improbable anyone thinks a slave riot twice in one mission might be.

Yeah, I can agree with that. getting the slave pens fixed tonight is pretty darn important
Old 07-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #3149
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
And I meant I'm cool with making the brig a low priority. We've got more cleared than we can fit in there anyway, so the spawn can attack someone cleared if they want to.

Why would we want them to do that?
Old 07-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #3150
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Wouldn't it be in our best interests to have RendeR use his AP each day to make more people doctors?

More docs = more clears = insurance against scanning spawn