Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2024, 06:00 PM   #3101
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Target demographic is divorced Dads who's kids don't talk to them anymore.

Rob Schneider!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2024, 07:12 PM   #3102
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Hat tip to the headline writer for this one

With Froot Loops by his side, Trump gives another cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs performance - nj.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2024, 07:20 PM   #3103
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

And that photo. A marvel of bronze and wisdom
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 09:37 AM   #3104
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Let's check in with how GOP Op. research is going . . .

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 10:20 AM   #3105
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: Against my better judgment, I went a few feet down the rabbit hole on this, and apparently the growing idea is that Walz falsely said that he does not like spice as a White guy in order to show that White people are weak and submissive in relation to the "spicy" Black/Indian woman.

4Chan has just completely fried some people.
Old 08-16-2024, 10:25 AM   #3106
Atocep
Coordinator

If there was ever anything that clearly showed what Trumps views on our military is and that the suckers and losers line was true, it was his comments on the Congressional Medal of Honor yesterday.

Disgusting comments coming from a former commander in chief.

Quote:
“I watched Sheldon sitting so proud in the White House when we gave Miriam the Presidential Medal of Freedom,” Trump said on Thursday evening. “That’s the highest award you can get as a civilian. It’s the equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor,” Trump added, referring to the highest military honor given for valor in combat.

“But civilian version, it’s actually much better because everyone [who] gets the Congressional Medal of Honor, they’re soldiers. They’re either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets, or they’re dead,” Trump continued. “She gets it, and she’s a healthy, beautiful woman, and they’re rated equal, but she got the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and she got it for — and that’s through committees and everything else.”

I'm sure Dutch and others on the right will respond with the appropriate outrage.

Last edited by Atocep : 08-16-2024 at 10:26 AM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 10:48 AM   #3107
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm sure Dutch and others on the right will respond with the appropriate outrage.

Just like they did when JV Vance attacked Walz's service record.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 10:55 AM   #3108
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

You may be putting the cart before the horse here.
Old 08-16-2024, 11:05 AM   #3109
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
dola: Against my better judgment, I went a few feet down the rabbit hole on this, and apparently the growing idea is that Walz falsely said that he does not like spice as a White guy in order to show that White people are weak and submissive in relation to the "spicy" Black/Indian woman.

My head hurts trying to make sense of that. But gosh, so much weirdness in that tweet. First, taking this seriously at all. Second, showing off all these basic spices. Then, the extra picture focusing on the "damning" evidence, including....olive oil? I mean, sure, we can all dunk on people who think paprika and garlic make foods really spicy, but wtf with olive oil?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM   #3110
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
My head hurts trying to make sense of that. But gosh, so much weirdness in that tweet. First, taking this seriously at all. Second, showing off all these basic spices. Then, the extra picture focusing on the "damning" evidence, including....olive oil? I mean, sure, we can all dunk on people who think paprika and garlic make foods really spicy, but wtf with olive oil?

Really surprised he wasn't thrown out of the state for not using butter.
Old 08-16-2024, 11:45 AM   #3111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I for one will not be able to vote for someone with such a scandal.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 12:23 PM   #3112
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

As a Minnesotan I can attest that a large number of other Minnesotans I know consider black pepper and garlic spicy, intolerably so for some.
Old 08-16-2024, 12:39 PM   #3113
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I also love that some folks in the UK thought that the off-the-shelf Old El Paso mild taco kits were way too hot, so they had to make an "extra mild" version for them:

Extra Mild Super Tasty Fajita Kit - Mexican Food - Old El Paso
Old 08-16-2024, 01:07 PM   #3114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Neat article if you like maps

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...llege-map.html

Last edited by Lathum : 08-16-2024 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2024, 03:10 PM   #3115
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is there a more punch able face than Josh Hawley.
Old 08-16-2024, 03:11 PM   #3116
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Ethan Couch and Ted Cruz

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 08:02 PM   #3117
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Shocking I know, but this really isn't about it forcing tampons in boy's rooms.

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 08:05 PM   #3118
Atocep
Coordinator

JD Vance, everyone:

Quote:
“Has anybody seen the movie Gangs of New York?” Vance asked the room filled with reporters, citing a 2002 film depicting the city in 1863. “That’s what I’m talking about. You know that when you have these massive ethnic enclaves in our country, it can lead to higher crime rates.”
Old 08-16-2024, 08:13 PM   #3119
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JD Vance, everyone:

If this leads to kicking Leonardo Di Caprio out the country then I'm all for it.
Old 08-16-2024, 09:03 PM   #3120
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Is there a more punch able face than Josh Hawley.

Matt Gaetz
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 11:26 PM   #3121
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
JD Vance, everyone:

Speaking of JD, the Marsh family didn't appreciate JD taking cheap shots at their country, so they fired back, but with humor. This is one of the best parodies I've ever heard, to Abba's "Dancing Queen."

Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 04:00 AM   #3122
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
Speaking of JD, the Marsh family didn't appreciate JD taking cheap shots at their country, so they fired back, but with humor. This is one of the best parodies I've ever heard, to Abba's "Dancing Queen."

"One Big Mac from the Nuclear Key". Love it

The Dems should buy an ad and play this just before the VP debates.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 04:05 AM   #3123
Edward64
Head Coach

With Kamala-Trump pretty competitive now (thanks again Joe), what's the latest odds on the House & Senate races?

GOP likely to retain House, and Dems more at risk at losing Senate?
Old 08-17-2024, 08:15 AM   #3124
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
With Kamala-Trump pretty competitive now (thanks again Joe), what's the latest odds on the House & Senate races?

GOP likely to retain House, and Dems more at risk at losing Senate?

The Senate is a real problem. This is a red-lean election and they only a two seats lead now. Manchin is gone, and that is one seat to flip red for certain. So they need to hold every other seat and win the Presidency to keep control of the Senate. They actually look pretty good there right now, but it is tight.

The House actually looks pretty good for the Dems right now if the Harris surge holds.
Old 08-17-2024, 08:58 AM   #3125
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The House actually looks pretty good for the Dems right now if the Harris surge holds.

House Republicans' campaign chairman Rich Hudson concurs.

Republican leader has grave warning for the GOP ahead of the election | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-17-2024, 09:02 AM   #3126
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
The Senate is a real problem. This is a red-lean election and they only a two seats lead now. Manchin is gone, and that is one seat to flip red for certain. So they need to hold every other seat and win the Presidency to keep control of the Senate. They actually look pretty good there right now, but it is tight.

Ohio, Montana, Nevada, Arizona: All Democratic held, all tossups. The closest the Dems get to a flip is maybe Florida or Texas where Ted Cruz and Rick Scott are lizard people so the Dems get to 47-48% in a loss instead of the usual 44%
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 09:08 AM   #3127
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Ohio, Montana, Nevada, Arizona: All Democratic held, all tossups. The closest the Dems get to a flip is maybe Florida or Texas where Ted Cruz and Rick Scott are lizard people so the Dems get to 47-48% in a loss instead of the usual 44%

I would call them all Dem leans more than toss-ups right now.
Old 08-17-2024, 10:06 AM   #3128
Ksyrup

Kari Lake should lose relatively easily.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-17-2024, 10:33 AM   #3129
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Kari Lake should lose relatively easily.

I'm sure she will handle it graciously.
Old 08-17-2024, 10:41 AM   #3130
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post

Dems seem to be up pretty big in all the polls I've seen in those states. Like double digits in Nevada which is a shock.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 11:45 AM   #3131
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trump campaign must be losing their shit. I wonder if Lacivita (sp?) or Wiles will jump off the sinking ship. It isn't even about the polls, etc...it has to be maddening to try and run a campaign for someone who will not listen to you.

Old 08-17-2024, 11:46 AM   #3132
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- There may never be an election where the governor nominee drags the ticket down more than Robinson. That dude is legit crazy.
Old 08-17-2024, 11:58 AM   #3133
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Was reminded on Thursday via an email from Operations Security at work that the DNC is in town next week.
Old 08-17-2024, 01:00 PM   #3134
GrantDawg

Nancy Mace defends her self from racism charges by calling two black men "boys".

These boys were so easily triggered. https://t.co/jXrbtpxETU— Rep. Nancy Mace (@RepNancyMace) August 16, 2024

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-17-2024 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2024, 01:19 PM   #3135
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum;3439969[SIZE="1"
[/size]]dola- There may never be an election where the governor nominee drags the ticket down more than Robinson. That dude is legit crazy.
I’m convinced that his run is precisely why the Biden-then-Harris campaign* has (correctly) focused a buttload of resources here. His presence on the ballot is certain to drive left-leaning folks who might not have voted to show up and just hit D down the line. I don’t get the impression that NC has become *that* much more blue overall, but with Robinson on the ballot, it shouldn’t be shocking if Harris wins the state and Dems just generally outperform their norms up and down the ballot. Seems almost a given that she’ll do better than all but one Dem since….Jimmy Carter. (Obama is the only D to win NC for President—and that by a slim margin and only once—since 1976.)

*She was here in Greensboro campaigning for Biden earlier this summer, prior to Biden dropping out, and I *think* I recall her doing at least one more NC stop as VP candidate, so the effort here isn’t just since she took over.
Old 08-17-2024, 02:19 PM   #3136
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Trump has really been knocked off his game recently, and he's struggling to come up with a nickname for Harris. He needs to get this matter resolved quickly so he can get back to doing what he does best: Ad hominem attacks on his political opponents, and putting the fact checkers in the hospital from exhaustion and dehydration.

Trump flails for a schoolyard taunt that’ll work against Harris
Old 08-17-2024, 02:31 PM   #3137
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Given the narrative from the right over her economic plan rollout, if he doesn’t go with Commie Kamala, it’s clear that he has advanced dementia. I mean, the parody hit song “Commie Commie Commie Kamala Chameleon” just writes itself, people! (And the chorus works better if you go with the wrestler mispronunciation.)

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 08-17-2024 at 02:35 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 02:48 PM   #3138
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I’m convinced that his run is precisely why the Biden-then-Harris campaign* has (correctly) focused a buttload of resources here. His presence on the ballot is certain to drive left-leaning folks who might not have voted to show up and just hit D down the line. I don’t get the impression that NC has become *that* much more blue overall, but with Robinson on the ballot, it shouldn’t be shocking if Harris wins the state and Dems just generally outperform their norms up and down the ballot. Seems almost a given that she’ll do better than all but one Dem since….Jimmy Carter. (Obama is the only D to win NC for President—and that by a slim margin and only once—since 1976.)[/size]

What you say is true, but North Carolina has become much more of a "purple" state since I left in 1990.

Keep in mind, 400,000 new residents have moved into the state since 2020, which might be enough to tip the state into Harris' column this year. As you mentioned, Obama is the only Democrat to win the state since Jimmy Carter, but the last three have been very close.
Old 08-17-2024, 07:15 PM   #3139
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Given the narrative from the right over her economic plan rollout, if he doesn’t go with Commie Kamala, it’s clear that he has advanced dementia. I mean, the parody hit song “Commie Commie Commie Kamala Chameleon” just writes itself, people! (And the chorus works better if you go with the wrestler mispronunciation.)

One of the NY papers already ran with Kama Chameleon so maybe he's afraid of being called out for stealing a nickname since that's his thing. Like Chris Berman stealing a sports nickname.
Old 08-17-2024, 08:39 PM   #3140
Ksyrup

I hope this isn't real, but if it is... there are a number of adjectives to describe this kind of behavior, but "weird" seems like an acceptable catch-all.

Old 08-17-2024, 09:24 PM   #3141
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow, i think some reporter needs to get that tested and see its real
Old 08-17-2024, 09:30 PM   #3142
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow, i think some reporter needs to get that tested and see its real

I'm sure it was found digging between some couch cushions.
Old 08-17-2024, 09:49 PM   #3143
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure it was found digging between some couch cushions.

You win the thread
Old 08-17-2024, 10:04 PM   #3144
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I hope this isn't real, but if it is... there are a number of adjectives to describe this kind of behavior, but "weird" seems like an acceptable catch-all.

Does it even matter if it's real? I'm not sure if that makes it more weird or less weird
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2024, 08:27 AM   #3145
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

I'd be happy if the Dems win it all in 2024. Give them 2 years to get their big stuff done (e.g. big immigration reform bill, maybe get a SCOTUS in) and then have mixed Congress in 2026.

2 questions for us to ponder.

If the Dems can only have House or Senate, which one is better for them? I assume House as the Senate GOPs seem less dysfunctional and more likely to compromise.

If Kamala wins, does that mean Trump will have less influence over the next 4 years? I'm going to say yes and Trump doesn't stand much of a chance for 2028 (2 time loser), and there is no legit Trump MAGA replacement. Vance is the presumed nominee but no surprise if Trump decides to endorse someone else with the name Trump.

Interesting politics.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-18-2024 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-18-2024, 08:35 AM   #3146
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Senate because of court nominations.
Old 08-18-2024, 08:46 AM   #3147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I'd be happy if the Dems win it all in 2024. Give them 2 years to get their big stuff done (e.g. big immigration reform bill, maybe get a SCOTUS in) and then have mixed Congress in 2026.

2 questions for us to ponder.

If the Dems can only have House or Senate, which one is better for them? I assume House as the Senate GOPs seem less dysfunctional and more likely to compromise.

If Kamala wins, does that mean Trump will have less influence over the next 4 years? I'm going to say yes and Trump doesn't stand much of a chance for 2028 (2 time loser), and there is no legit Trump MAGA replacement. Vance is the presumed nominee but no surprise if Trump decides to endorse someone else with the name Trump.

Interesting politics.

I am of the mind the current GOP shouldn't have control of any branch of government until the MAGA ideology is completely jettisoned from the party. Their entire strategy is to just gaslight, misinform, and try to obstruct at every level, then when something does get passed claim credit despite voting against it.

As for what happens when Trump loses it will be fascinating. My therapist says you have to hit rock bottom before realizing you have a problem. Would this be rock bottom for enough non MAGA and people like Cruz, Rubio, etc...who secretly hate him but have to play along, to jettison him from the party?

I suspect the party will become even more fractured since the die hards will never accept he lost, that the election was fair, or another candidate for 2028.

I think I said it earlier in this thread, this is really the GOPs last stand with Trump before things get really bad.

Last edited by Lathum : 08-18-2024 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-18-2024, 09:04 AM   #3148
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Trump at a stirring campaign rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, where he treated the hundreds in attendance to gems like this one:

“They’ll say he was rambling. I don’t ramble. I’m a really smart guy, you know, really smart. I don’t ramble. But the other day, anytime I hit too hard, they say he was rambling, rambling,”

Trump campaign reset goes awry in Pennsylvania as he attacks Harris | US elections 2024 | The Guardian
Old 08-18-2024, 09:35 AM   #3149
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
“They’ll say he was rambling. I don’t ramble. I’m a really smart guy, you know, really smart. I don’t ramble. But the other day, anytime I hit too hard, they say he was rambling, rambling,” he rambled.

Missed opportunity here.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2024, 11:19 AM   #3150
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

If Biden did that, the mainstream press would say he shouldn't be running for President.