Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #3101
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
"I'm sorry Mr. Surfer, but the quote from you I commented about talks about Mr. Magneto and mah attack on Doom does it not? So it looks like you are talking about us to me. But Ah'm just the son of a coal miner. Math has never been my good subject, so if you and the other big brains say 9 points of damage was done to Mr. Doom, Ah'm fine with that. Ah felt from your post that you were questioning whether or not Mr. Magneto did any of that damage or not. If Ah was confused about that, Ah duly apologize."

(Silver Surfer)

I was using that post to respond to the idea that just because someone attacked Doom meant that they should move toward the trusted list, which is what had been floating around. It was not a statement for or against either yourself or Magneto.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #3102
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Thanks Path for the Sinister quote. Does not look like that could be conceived as anything but an endorsement for the Professor's goodness.

(Silver Surfer)

No problem, but for what it's worth I don't think that it means anything now. That was two-three days ago.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #3103
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So as far as I am concerned it's a coin flip on whether Cannonball is a bad guy. Our original four man group had three innocents (two known, plus the fact that I know I'm innocent). A random four man group has a 41% shot of being all good, and a 59% shot of having at least one bad guy. So using this math it would actually appear that Cannonball would have a high percentage of being bad. We were one of the first groups to form so it's natural that a bad guy would try and get in on it and Cannonball was also the last to join. In other words I am going to turn on my teammate:

Immobolize Cannonball
Attack Cannonball

I hope Mandrain will join me in this bold stroke.

(Cannonball)

"Ah am beyond shock at your actions Mr. Magneto. A 41% shot sounds pretty darn high to me. Nearly 50/50. You really that willing to risk your own reputation on odds only? Discounting the fact that Ah was attacked by five people on day 1? That not one person has come forward with any night activities done by myself?"

"Ah begin to agree that one of us on our team is evil, but it most certainly is not me. The only thing that is preventing me from attacking you in return at this moment is that you were the one who convinced me to attack Doom instead of Juggernaut yesterday. But I can do this."

Leave Mutants First

Barkeep how many team games have you been in where everyone in a group turned out to be good? I can't believe such a veteran player would make a such a move unless he had an alterior and evil motive behind it.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #3104
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The haven't been groups like this before. It's a new game mechanic, basically. If it were just 40/60 I'd agree that there's a good chance. However, it's really less than 40/60 since I know 3 of the 4 were good. At least I think the math is right there.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:36 PM   #3105
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also I feel far more confident with a 60% shot than anyone else I was looking at today.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #3106
Thomkal
Head Coach

Not even the people who attacked Juggernaut in an attempt to protect Doom last night?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:40 PM   #3107
Thomkal
Head Coach

(ooc)whatever, afk for a bit while I eat dinner(ooc)
Old 01-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #3108
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Guess what fellas? I got another discern truth action upcoming. I'd love to see some of you say you're good.

DD

I'm good.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #3109
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
(ooc)

If I understand our friendly moderator correctly, the damage totals are before any defensive effects. I also think (but am not sure) that they are before team sabotage as well.

In fact, Doom got nine points of damage plus however much damage Mandarin dealt, but the latter did not alter the outcome of the day.

Both team bonuses and sabotage are (potentially) factored into the damage totals reported at the end of the day.

The point about Mandarin's damage on Doom is correct.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #3110
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
(Mathemanic)
Professor X got a vouch from Sinister before the latter was killed, although we never were able to settle on a good reason for Sinister going to visit after making his public statement.

I don't believe anyone he identified as a member of the 12 has been killed yet; subsequent to his making such identifications, we've daykilled Hawkeye and apoc's bunch nightkilled Warpath.

*Deadpool*

Catching up right now. Is it possible that Professor X would be viewed as one of the 12 but is a horseman? I mean, he can read minds and mess with people's thoughts. Wouldn't he be the perfect horseman? I'm not sold on his innocence.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #3111
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I can clear X tonight.

*Deadpool*

I don't think this is wise since he's already been "cleared". If he does have a power that makes him appear as one of the 12, then this gets us nowhere.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #3112
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
(Doom)
Muddy the waters? Doom agree that Captain Marvel should be considered to be one of the Horsemen, but you have done more than your share of blind accusations.
To all here ... while I have no concrete evidence either, ask yourself this: if you were Apocalypse, would you not go after someone who might have the ability to read your mind and discern your true identity?

Who better to turn into a Horseman than a psychic ... nay, the MOST POWERFUL psychic?

I come back to this. IIRC, this is not when Captain Marvel was in danger of being attacked and killed. Why would Doom make this statement? Is it possible that the Horsemen don't know each other?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #3113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

home and on
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #3114
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)

Deadpool, I suppose that's possible, but unlikely. They're picked by Apocalypse, surely it would not be any anyone's interest if all communication had to funnel through him.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #3115
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
(Wolverine)

Interesting theory and I do admit to be alarmed that evil didn't make a kill last night. However, it is most likely that they may have wanted it this way to cast doubt on any night kills that did occur (I as much alluded to my actions prior to the night cycle).

(Mandarin)

I have a problem with this supposition. The problem I have is that they would not know that Wolverine was about to kill Doom...(I am of course assuming that Wolverine is not on the side of Apocalypse) I can't imagine them choosing not to kill someone. So that brings up two possibilities. (both of them have been mentioned, but it may help to see them together.)

a) Wolverine as a hero got to kill first and Doom was scheduled to be the killer that evening for the Horsemen.

b) there was a conversion which took place in stead of a night kill.

Of course what we fervertly hope for is situation a) .

I have another query as well. Did Dr. Doom ever say how long Doombots stayed around? The reason I ask is ...why was Wolverine was ABLE to kill Doom last night? Shouldn't Wolverine slice up the Doombot and not Doom himself? Or was it just for the one day or night action? This may be unanswerable now, but Iwould be interested in the answers of these questions afterwards if we can't answer them now.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #3116
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I mean, it would be in our interest, but that's not what I'm getting after.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #3117
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(X)

Deadpool...I am no Horseman. Nor am I Apocalypse. I am exactly who I have always been, Charles Francis Xavier. Son of Brian and Sharon Xavier. I have not been corrupted by evil at any point during this game. I remain working for the cause of good to root out Apocalypse and the Horsemen, and will remain that way until such a time as we are victorious or I draw my last breath.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #3118
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I will not be able to night-attack tonight, and if you all would like me to use my mind to cast about for another member of the 12 I will likely need protection to do so, or else I will be vulnerable.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #3119
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

(Mandarin)

I started off on the side of good, I am still on the side of good, my victory conditions do not lie in any way on the side of apocolypse, and i am 100% against the horsemen and apoc.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #3120
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I will not be able to day-attack today, and if you all would like me to use my mind to cast about for another member of the 12 I will likely need protection to do so, or else I will be vulnerable.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #3121
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i reposted my post to reflect the fact that night-attack tonight was a poor choice of words (the deadline being at night screwed with my word choice)

don't go reading anything crazy into it
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #3122
path12
Coordinator

Out for awhile. I'll be back before deadline.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #3123
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i initially of course meant to say "i will not be able to make an attack tonight" meaning, before the 10pm deadline
Old 01-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #3124
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
(Wolverine)

But we are kind of screwed if DD turns out to be evil.

If DD is evil, he doesn't have to waste his power to see if one of us is good. He could easily select an evil candidate of the one's that made the pledge and vouche for them.

Not having a seer ability has made me hyper-aware that I'm all alone in this game and am going to have to use my own wits to figure it all out.

Everyone vouching for one another means nothing to me since I can't verify it. Mandarin killing Cpt Marvel could be a ploy.

I'm staying on the team for now, but I'm not really sure now what I've gained by joining.

(Mandarin)
You are right Wolverine. This game is much easier when you know that you be able to either find evil or find more people to trust. every post, just about , could be a horseman or Apocalypse being sneaky.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #3125
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

if someone protects me tonight i will gladly cast about for another name. with the #'s dwindling, the odds of me hitting someone that we don't have any idea about and clearing them are good, and we're down to very few people who could actually be evil
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #3126
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

As requested a few pages back (just catching up)

I started off on the side of good, I am still on the side of good, my victory conditions do not lie in any way on the side of apocolypse, and i am 100% against the horsemen and apoc.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #3127
SackAttack
Head Coach

I have enough energy for some snooping action tonight, but not to both snoop at night AND attack during the day, so I'm going to abstain during the day action so as to try and gain some information tonight.

Off to work, all. Will be back post-deadline.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #3128
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(X)

Deadpool...I am no Horseman. Nor am I Apocalypse. I am exactly who I have always been, Charles Francis Xavier. Son of Brian and Sharon Xavier. I have not been corrupted by evil at any point during this game. I remain working for the cause of good to root out Apocalypse and the Horsemen, and will remain that way until such a time as we are victorious or I draw my last breath.

*Deadpool*

Isn't that what a jockey would say.

Other than the being the son of blah, blah, blah.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:38 PM   #3129
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
*Deadpool*

Isn't that what a jockey would say.

Other than the being the son of blah, blah, blah.

(ooc) i just thought it was funny and cute. but seriously RA...you're barking up the wrong tree with me. unless you're evil and trying to turn the rest of the forces of good against me. but with your blistering attack on doom that chopped him down I really can't see that. so how about we work together and find evil and eliminate it hmm? (/ooc)
Old 01-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #3130
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)

did schmidty ever provide a statement for DD ??

(/ooc)
Old 01-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #3131
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
(ooc) i just thought it was funny and cute. but seriously RA...you're barking up the wrong tree with me. unless you're evil and trying to turn the rest of the forces of good against me. but with your blistering attack on doom that chopped him down I really can't see that. so how about we work together and find evil and eliminate it hmm? (/ooc)

*Deadpool*

Rule #1: Never trust people named after their fathers (they have something to prove).
Rule #2: Never trust people who don't go by their first name (what the hell are they hiding?).
Rule #3: Never trust bald people (their lack of hair makes them feel inadequate).
Rule #4: Never trust handicapped people (they get the closest parking spaces!!!).

You violate rule #3 and #4. The Silver Surfer just violates #3. Therefore you're higher on my list.

[ooc]Well, I understand that, but I'll go in this direction for today. We'll see what happens later. To be honest, the best thing for you would be to die. I still don't understand how Apocky and his jockeys have left you alive if you're true. [/ooc]
Old 01-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #3132
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

(Mandarin)

We need to be careful. Several in our midst have already declared they would not attack tonight. We do need to remember that it is possible to have no lynch tonight, and that would be disastrous for us. The rest of us do need to put in our attacks.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:47 PM   #3133
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)

like i said earlier, i don't understand either. probably because they're playing the whole "leave this partial seer alive...he can't find us, he can just cut the #'s down and they'll off him for us so we can use our night kills on better players" strategy.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #3134
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

(Venom)

I don't understand why Deadpool attacked Prof X without any discussion.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #3135
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
(Venom)

I don't understand why Deadpool attacked Prof X without any discussion.

*Deadpool*

See http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=3001 or ask your symbiote. I didn't think an arch-nemesis of Spidey would be such a.........kitten.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #3136
Raiders Army
Coordinator

*Deadpool*

I don't think I have to ask your permission to attack either. What happened to your religious phase?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:15 PM   #3137
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)

I, too, find the lack of attacks so far disturbing.

I'm going to be away for approx 1.5 hr up to and including the deadline, so you have about 15 minutes to talk me into (or out of) a target.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:17 PM   #3138
hoopsguy
General Manager

Damage report - let me know if there are additions/corrections:

Post #2934 (7:30AM) Deadpool attacks Prof X (sword)
Post #2964 (10:25AM) Britain projects force field on Prof X
Post #3095 (5:01PM) Magneto attacks Cannonball (special - immobilize, magnetic blast)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #3139
Raiders Army
Coordinator

*Deadpool*

I feel pretty good about my attack on baldy. If we lose him, no big deal. It's not like he was doing us any good with his "visions" right?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:24 PM   #3140
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow RA. yeah, except for delivering you a CoT. And that's the thanks I get?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #3141
Schmidty
Coordinator

HULK BEEN GONE, DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

BALD MAN ON WHEELS TRICKED HULK YESTERDAY, SO MAYBE HULK SMASH HIM. HAIRY MIDGET HATES HULK, SO MAYBE HULK SMASH HIM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #3142
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, right now Magneto, Mathmanic and Cannonball are the three that I see as likely votes. My teammates HULK and Storm have not given me much to go on. I suppose they are as close as the first three. Not sure what to do at this point.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #3143
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm going with my top choice or instinct at this point:

SNEAK ATTACK to MAGNETO
Old 01-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #3144
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)
Storm has been quite UTR fwiw. Look at total # of posts in the thread...I'd guess Storm is way down there . then again, playing the odds, no one in the original team Silver Moon has been proven bad, and the odds do dictate...(/ooc)
Old 01-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #3145
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)

Personally, I think it would be bad form to attack me past my ability to respond. In fact, I would suggest that anybody doing so should be under severe scrutiny tomorrow.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #3146
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, although, in fairness, I didn't really give enough warning. It's just that I'll be really annoyed if I go out with a whimper rather than a bang, should I go out.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #3147
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, and, he didn't attack me anyway.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #3148
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(X)

Hulk, consider your vote carefully. Smashing me will certainly not help the forces of good, that I know for certain. And your strength will make a great deal of difference that is for sure.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #3149
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
wow RA. yeah, except for delivering you a CoT. And that's the thanks I get?

*Deadpool*

I forgot: Thanks.

Sharpens swords
Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #3150
Raiders Army
Coordinator

*Deadpool*

I had a feeling on Doom. I have a feeling on X. I'm gonna chase that feeling.