H.S. Freshman Team

Switched from Beast to Quicksilver, been generally non-helpful in my eyes

Gotta get this in as I'll be sparse the remainder of the day

STANDARD ATTACK SPIDERMAN
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #3102
thephoenix
n00b

Let's get the timeline down a little on the Mimic/Nick Fury events.

Lord Doom had a way of scanning players. Nick Fury was scanned. This information was shared amongst our team (Dr. Doom, Phoenix, Mimc). The information was that Nick was not a traitor, but had something controlling him. Mimic then used his power to attempt to find out who that was, hoping to gain the name of the villain. Instead we learned it was the Shadow King.
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #3103
thephoenix
n00b

If we need 45 power for today's mission, I have already contributed a substantial chunk, but will definitely need support.
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #3104
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

LORD DOOM'S RULE CANNOT BE SUBVERTED.

The Hulk made a vain attempt to destroy me. As you can see, he has failed utterly. I can only assume he was a traitor who hoped to further the rebellion with one last attack of pure rage. As you can see it takes more genius than these traitors possess to stop Doom.

I expect it is in the rebels' best interest to fight this Annihilus as well, for he seems a threat to the very planet. I expect then I will get little disagreement in asking my subjects to commit to this mission.

Galactus will be left to me. Today I will deploy a device to cause his ruin. I may ask for assistance, but you may await those orders.

Nick Fury is indeed possessed by the Shadow King. As we already destroyed his host in Nightcrawler, it seems there is little use to attempting to stop him this way. Doom will ponder how to deal with Fury.

Today we must focus on finding the traitors among us. Scarlet Witch, I find your expenditure of energy to save Beast last night very suspicious.

TRAITORS EXPECT TO DIE UNDER DOOM'S HEEL
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #3105
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Little do our GMs know, but I plan to appropriate these accounts at the end of the game, for use by future GMs. Saldana, for instance, has expressed a desire to have anonymous log-ins. So please, if you've changed the password, change it back now, when you die or at the end of the game so we can reuse them

Thanks,
BK, YFWWM
I AM the Punisher.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #3106
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
The only thing I'm sure of at this point is that Mimic used 15 energy in that Egypt mission, that I'm loyal to Doom, and that I live to punish those that deserve it.

Outside of that, I doubt anything is sacred.

Fair enough, I just didn't want you or anyone else to run with that thought when I did not feel it a great thought. For various reasons I think Phoenix is fairly trusted and I would rather exhaust other avenues before looking at her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I was able to copy Doom's intellect last night and use that to utilize his encephalo device. I was pretty suspicious of Nick Fury and believe it wasn't his fault he attacked Jean. The Shadow King, whoever that is, is the one who controlled his actions...

So I can clear Nick Fury, but at the same time can't. He is a loyalist but is under sway of the Shadow King.

So using the device didn't do any damage or attack him, it just learned about what he was up to correct? I'm not entirely sure that Doom will be please with you using his device if it prevents him from doing so somehow.. but all things considered, I still don't understand what happened to Doom this morning with the Hulk (Doom is not listed as dead in page 1, but he was around this morning without posting).. so I personally think it was a decent risk to take in using it, in case Doom doesn't survive, you make some use out of it. The main question I had was why you chose to copy Doom's intellect last night instead of someone else's, but I don't think you had any evil intent from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
I have two things to report from last night.

First, I used Jewel's services to tail Scarlet Witch. While I did not get a report about what she may or may not have done last night, I did discover that Scarlet Witch used 18 energy on the Galactus mission where she passed out.

Galactus mission is not a rebel mission, but clearly she used enough energy on that to make me feel at least a little better about her.

Secondly, I have a power of postcognition -- I was able to go back and revisit the Egypt mission from two days ago to see what I could discover about the rebels.

The Rebels spent 45 energy on the Egypt mission, much of that was drawn directly from Khonshu -- apparently they can draw some power from him, though now it would be at a reduced rate for some reason. They can also use their own power.

Anyway, this gives us an idea of what kind of energy spending we should think about for the upcoming Annihlus mission. I am somewhat low on energy after using the postcognition but will be available to assist in whichever way our Lord Doom wishes.

Thanks for this information SS... Without Doom here, I would like to encourage everyone available to sign up for the mission vs Anihilius as that is a threat that could be the end of us all. Doom had clearly stated in the previous day that he wanted everyone to focus on pushing back the rebels and the rebel mission is very important.

I feel that everyone does not need Doom here to understand the importance of signing up for this mission. You can always change it later if he orders you to. For now, people need to sign up for that mission.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #3107
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephoenix View Post
Let's get the timeline down a little on the Mimic/Nick Fury events.

Lord Doom had a way of scanning players. Nick Fury was scanned. This information was shared amongst our team (Dr. Doom, Phoenix, Mimc). The information was that Nick was not a traitor, but had something controlling him. Mimic then used his power to attempt to find out who that was, hoping to gain the name of the villain. Instead we learned it was the Shadow King.

I kind of wish you hadn't go into that much detail actually. For the record, the same ability was used on Mimic two nights ago and Mimic was shown to be loyal. So this is why I reversed course on Mimic at that time. People who have had doubts about Mimic need not to have them.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #3108
Punisher
High School JV

Doom,

You wish is my command.

ATTACK ANNIHILUS!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #3109
Punisher
High School JV

Interesting, Fantastic. That sheds a little more light on your circle.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:43 AM   #3110
Punisher
High School JV

Did Doom just say that Nightcrawler was indeed the Shadow King?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #3111
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I kind of wish you hadn't go into that much detail actually. For the record, the same ability was used on Mimic two nights ago and Mimic was shown to be loyal. So this is why I reversed course on Mimic at that time. People who have had doubts about Mimic need not to have them.

Two nights ago as in two nights before last night.. Whatever. I assume most understand what I meant because it likely was fairly obvious that I dropped my issues I had with Mimic after he pushed me to nearly attack him the night before.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #3112
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

JOIN ANNIHILUS MISSION
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #3113
Punisher
High School JV

I still have no idea on who to attack today, though I definitely have people to scrutinize.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #3114
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Punisher, I believe the Shadow King possessed NIghtcrawler, and when killed, the King moved to a new host. I am not sure that killing Nick Fury will defeat the King. However, leaving him free to attack others is also not a good option.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #3115
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

INVITE MR. FANTASTIC TO THE INNER CIRCLE OF DOOM
Old 10-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #3116
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

It seems Hulk was a loyal subject, driven to attack me. Out of blind rage or goaded by another?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #3117
Spider-Man
n00b

Attack Annihilus
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:20 PM   #3118
Spider-Man
n00b

I'm still confused how DrDoom was broken into a thousand pieces and yet still lives.
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #3119
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just to make sure that people are clear on attacks vs Mission, I've broken out how I've interpreted each.

D6 Attacks:
Post #2955: vision attacks NickFury
Post #2969: IronFist attacks NickFury
Post #2991: Aardwolf attacks Scarlet Witch
Post #3000: cable attacks NickFury
Post #3004: Phoenix attacks NickFury
Post #3007: Punisher attacks NickFury
Post #3020: Hulk "HULK STRONGEST!" attacks DrDoom
Post #3033: Magneto uses defense on Doom
Post #3045: Punisher unattacks NickFury
Post #3062: Mimic ENCEPHALO DEVICE on NickFury
Post #3101: Kang attacks Spider-Man

D6 Mission:
Post #2796: Silver Samurai
Post #3018: Phoenix
Post #3108: Punisher
Post #3112: Magneto
Post #3117: Spider-Man

Last edited by hoopsguy : 10-14-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: updated to add Hulk attack post #
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #3120
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

For the reign of Doom is meant to survive an eternity, Spider-man. You think a gamma-ray addled imbecile such as the Hulk could end the life of Doom?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #3121
SilverSurfer
Mascot

JOIN ANNIHILUS MISSION
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #3122
Punisher
High School JV

So, any thoughts on who could alter Hulk's mind like that?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #3123
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

LORD DOOM ORDERS AARDWOLF TO GUARD DOOM TONIGHT
Old 10-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #3124
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note - Aardwolf has already been ordered by Vision (Post #2960). I'll process this as an override if that is what you wish to do.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #3125
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
INVITE MR. FANTASTIC TO THE INNER CIRCLE OF DOOM

My apologies to Vision and SilverSurfer, both of whom I don't have any huge level of distrust for currently, I feel this move is likely needed for me currently.

Leave Team Strike Force
Join Inner Circle of Doom
Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #3126
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Punisher, I believe the Shadow King possessed NIghtcrawler, and when killed, the King moved to a new host. I am not sure that killing Nick Fury will defeat the King. However, leaving him free to attack others is also not a good option.

My question for someone more knowledgeable on issues regarding mental possession....

Can Nick Fury be cured somehow?
Will Nick Fury revert to being good if we find/kill the Shadow King?

If the answer to those are no or likely nos, then it seems we should get rid of someone who will be working against our best interests. If either of those are yes, perhaps we should consider not going after Nick, and instead try to squeeze the noose on the rebels further, while also trying to find the shadow king (Since we know that Nick is neither the shadow king nor is he a rebel)
Old 10-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #3127
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

mea culpa

LORD DOOM ORDERS PUNISHER TO GUARD DOOM TONIGHT
Old 10-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #3128
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Dooom knows no way yet of curing Fury other than the cold embrace of death. But I would surmise that if the Shadow King was defeated, Fury would return to his old loyal self.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #3129
Punisher
High School JV

I feel Cable has been under the radar and after consulting wikipedia to read about those of us that remain (and outside of Doom's circle), I remain curious to Cable.

Wikipedia tells me that Cable has vast telepathic and telekinesis powers.
Cable (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #3130
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
mea culpa

LORD DOOM ORDERS PUNISHER TO GUARD DOOM TONIGHT
A very wise move, my lord.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #3131
Punisher
High School JV

Powers, abilities....M16, M16A2...
Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #3132
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

It would seem it would not take a telepath to goad the green monster into a rage. I surmise one of the traitors had an ability to instigate and drove the Hulk to madness.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #3133
Punisher
High School JV

I assume then, Lord Doom, this relieves me of today's mission.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #3134
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Indeed that is a possiblity, Punisher. What can you tell us of your powers, Cable?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #3135
Punisher
High School JV

Lord Doom, I disagree most honorably.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #3136
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

With what?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #3137
Punisher
High School JV

Lord Doom, I disagree humbly that someone just goaded the Jolly Green Giant into it. I believe his mind was in the control of someone.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #3138
Punisher
High School JV

That someone may have been Cable.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #3139
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

When I say goad, I mean some sort of special ability which allowed them to take advantage of hte Hulk's less than impressive self control. But I agree that it may simply have been mind control. Still, this could have also been done through the telepath "rescued" by the rebels on Day 1.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #3140
Punisher
High School JV

While it may be a stretch, I don't believe it's out of the realm of possibility that Cable could have done that. Cable was last seen about 1 hour before the Green Man did his thing.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #3141
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
When I say goad, I mean some sort of special ability which allowed them to take advantage of hte Hulk's less than impressive self control. But I agree that it may simply have been mind control. Still, this could have also been done through the telepath "rescued" by the rebels on Day 1.

This is not just possible I guess, but may be even probably. It seems us though many of the missions include some sort of reward. It would make sense then that this could've been the reward. However, I do still think it is of value to at least look at any of our telepathics.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #3142
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Indeed. You are our leader for a reason.

I do understand what you mean by goad, but I believe it to be more mind-control. I could see it being through the telepath as well...though I am curious as to what Cable has been up to all this time, all the same.

While I'm usually up for a little less talk and a little more action. I believe it's time he comes out and play.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #3143
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
While it may be a stretch, I don't believe it's out of the realm of possibility that Cable could have done that. Cable was last seen about 1 hour before the Green Man did his thing.

I think our friend Punisher makes a good point about Cable. I would like to know more about him as well. He has effectively flown low thus far.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #3144
Punisher
High School JV

If it could have been "anyone" based on the telepath that was captured, then we probably should look at myself, Ghost Rider, or Spiderman.

I am prepared to die in your service, regardless.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #3145
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Why those three, Punisher?

It's possible that using the telepath requires an action, in which case those who choose not to act today would be suspect.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #3146
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

I'd like to hear from Cable as well. Who else can control minds

Magneto?
Scarlet?
Phoenix?
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #3147
Punisher
High School JV

Lord Doom, I was present near the time of your attack. As I recall, those online at the time were myself, Scarlet Witch, Ghost Rider, and Spiderman. I believe Phoenix was as well. I initially ruled out myself, Ghost Rider, and Spiderman for our lack of mental powers. However, with your insight I believe the three of us should be considered as well.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #3148
Punisher
High School JV

Phoenix appears to have earned your trust, so that rules Phoenix out. I humbly suggest it could have been any of the four of us that commanded Hulk to attack you...though I certainly would never do that.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #3149
Punisher
High School JV

After all, I am a very sensible killer.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #3150
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I see. Your perception is keen, Punisher. Doom will think on this.

Scarlet Witch certainly I suspect most out of these. Witch, I would see you apply your powers to the Annihilus mission today, here now visibly in thread.