FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

nah, forgot to say the most important one:

The FootBall isn't really FootBall...

FM
Old 03-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #3053
Dutch
"Dutch"

That was a beautiful use of Martin Junior King Lr's speech. I didn't realize it was so custahmizahble.
Dutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #3054
spcd
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
from what I understand so far...
Yes, it looks like a real winner in terms of customization.

That could all be lived with, and possibly modded if enough people ever got into the game, but the other problems will probably ensure both a small, and quicklu disheartened customer base. The physics engine looks like it's more than dependent on frame rate, given the wildly contradictory problem reports at Matrix, but perhaps the best is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauders
I have some defensive plays and a kick return play in a playbook file that is listed in the members area. The kick return is a little too good, but it makes for more fun.
How can you enjoy building plays if a kick-off return can become a money play? You'll never know if you've made a good situational play, called the right play, or the play is too good...........certainly not the experience of football coaches which the game could have simmed.
spcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #3055
Desnudo
Coordinator

I think Matrix figured out she is not the Queen of all media. I'm not sure who was better at their job, her or her husband.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #3056
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
That was a beautiful use of Martin Junior King Lr's speech. I didn't realize it was so custahmizahble.

LLOOOVVVVEEEE IT!
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #3057
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
LLOOOVVVVEEEE IT!

Dutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #3058
Antmeister
Pro Starter

First of all, thank you spcd for pointing out that this guy is legit. I was just reading through the answerbag and I cried in laughter a few times. Amazing! Here is one particular answer that had my stomach in knots:
http://www.answerbag.com/a_view.php/41077

And here is a list of all the questions that he answered. 17 of them were approved and 35 were not. I wonder why? Unfotunately you can only see a portion of his rejected answers, but wow!:
http://www.answerbag.com/user/sub_re...hp?t=a&u=41150
Old 03-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #3059
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch

You never knew that he was really talking about geeks playing computer games?

For the record Geeks > Nerds. Nerds do Star Trek.

Oh, I love the Howard Stern bit with MLK Jr and Larry from the three stooges with MLK preparing for the speach.

"Well, we went up the mountains on vacation the other week."
"Good, we can work that in."
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #3060
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
From what I read at the forums, the indoor game is not the AFL and that is why you don't see the nets. And did you download the patch, by the way. Not saying it would improve the game much, but it will be interesting to see what changes were focused on. It really is sad this is going to be pressed to CD pretty soon.

This was with the most recent beta patch that is out.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #3061
st.cronin
General Manager

This answer is (useful ¤ somewhat useful ¤ incorrect ¤ offensive/spam)

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #3062
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

*L* Good god.. this guy is comedic gold.

Great White-GWsFBA: This is the best answer, of many great answers that appear around this answer
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #3063
st.cronin
General Manager

"I cannot give you one-set answer, I cannot even give you one-set of answers"

oh

knives out
Old 03-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #3064
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Those damn murdering animals. Can't those lions and tigers just go to Taco Bell if they're hungry?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #3065
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:

And here he made his version of the Martin Luther King Speech. Of course, he refers to him as MJK
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1083530

Maybe he likes Tool alot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #3066
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Just so you'll know, if I could have pulled the plug on this by now, I would have...
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #3067
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
Just so you'll know, if I could have pulled the plug on this by now, I would have...

It wouldn't have mattered. This thread was meant to exist, and would have probably spontaneously created itself in the lack of it's existence.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #3068
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
It wouldn't have mattered. This thread was meant to exist, and would have probably spontaneously created itself in the lack of it's existence.

If I hadn't designed it, someone else would have had to.

Frank Beckman (WJR Detroit): How did life come from nothing?

Guest (Evolution expert, name long forgotten): Well, think of the lottery with its great odds.

Frank Beckman: Well, someone designed the lottery.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #3069
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Chuck Norris went to post a message on the internet, but he stumbled upon the Maximum Football thread. He has been curled up in the fetal position crying for 3 days now.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #3070
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

There is a corrolary to Godwin's Law, and that is

"As internet threads increase in length, the probabilty that they pale in comparison to the Maximum Football thread remains at 100%"
Old 03-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #3071
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

While Jack Bauer was attempting to track down the terrorists and save the world (again), he stumbled upon the Maximum Football thread.

The terrorists won.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #3072
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan
On one occasion it was 2nd and 10 for the opponents and they ran a running play that went for a 2 yard loss. A 5 yard penalty was called and was marked off from the end of the run and it became 1st and 7. Are the rules different in Arena ball or is this a bug?

My running back had 150 yards in the 1st quarter and I was well on pace for over 1000 yards of offense in the game. I am not familiar with AFL but that seems extreme, even for them. (Plus being on pace to score 152 points)
To touch on these two points (since I'm the AFL guy around here), the answer to your first comment: It's a bug. As for the second comment, there is no indoor football league in the US that would have a running back with 150 yards in the first quarter. For reference, the league leader in rushing in the AFL last year was Michael Bishop (former Kansas State QB) with 425 yards (to set an AFL record). The leading RB was his Grand Rapids teammate Chris Avery, who only managed 251 yards. These numbers are for the entire season.

Surprise surprise. Maximum Football doesn't model indoor football very well.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #3073
dontreadthis
n00b

I.....I dont understand this thread
dontreadthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #3074
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Surprise surprise. Maximum Football doesn't model indoor football very well.

Maximum Football doesn't seem to model anything with "FootBall" in it very well. The beer tents are a whole other thing though. I read that they are incredible...

FM
Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #3075
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontreadthis
I.....I dont understand this thread

Who is Don?
What is "this" and why did Don tread it?
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #3076
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
First of all, thank you spcd for pointing out that this guy is legit. I was just reading through the answerbag and I cried in laughter a few times. Amazing! Here is one particular answer that had my stomach in knots:
http://www.answerbag.com/a_view.php/41077

And here is a list of all the questions that he answered. 17 of them were approved and 35 were not. I wonder why? Unfotunately you can only see a portion of his rejected answers, but wow!:
http://www.answerbag.com/user/sub_re...hp?t=a&u=41150

"As a person who has ushered and asked question of leading experts in the last Animal Rights and Behavioral Studies Conference, at Miami-Dade College, South Florida..."

This guy is a man for all seasons. How do we get him to this board? Why hasn't he been here before?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #3077
Desnudo
Coordinator

Someone who's registered over there, please invite him to this thread.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:18 PM   #3078
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I'm feeling some Baboonheart there.
Baboonheart is still my fav but this G.rea.tW..h.i.te character is awesome too.

I thought his name (GWsFBAStartOct292006) was the working title for Ron Popeil's next installment of the spray-on-hair.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #3079
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

I don't know why, but constantly seeing football spelled FootBall hurts my head for some reason. This is GWsFBA's about me page from answerbag (this is a straight copy/paste from http://www.answerbag.com/user/profile.php?id=41150)—enjoy:

Quote:
Desire to Reconnect or Connect Deeper With Your Relatives (Sons, Daughters, Father, Mother, Uncles, Grand Parents, Friends or/and Etc.)? Looking to Improve Your Students LEARNING of His or Her School Subjects, Through Educational Extension and Your Facilitation? Do You, Friends &/or Relatives Like Video Game/Computer FootBall? Looking for more from Your Video Game/Computer FootBall? Want to own Your (and Your Friends') Favorite Franchise(s)/Program/Team(s)? Want To Own Your (and Your Friends') Favorite Franchise (S)/Program and/or Team(S) Within More Than One to All 5 of The GWFBA's FootBall Levels (Professional, Semi-Professional, Higher Education, High School or Youth)? Want to Learn More About Football? Want to Own The Franchise(s)/Program/Team(s) You &/or Friend &/or Relative Own, Coach or Play-On? Desire to Own/Operate Your Favorite Franchise(s)/Program/Team(s) With Your Sons, Daughters, Father, Mother, Uncles, Grand Parents, Friends or/and Etc? rnrnThen E-mail To This E-mail Address About Wanting To Join The G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation: 5-Interconnected Computer FootBall FootBall Levels (From Youth to Professional) (at Miami Multiplayer Centers, Near You), while supplies of Franchise(s)/Program(s)/Team(s) and/or Volunteer Employment Positions and/or Fans of Entire GWFBA or Entire GWFBA’s FootBall Level(s)/Franchise(s)/Program(s)/Team(s) Positions LAST! rnrnYes that is right, Volunteers (Work Hard as GWFBA's Employees, For No Pay From GWFBA, Instead Maybe From Another Organization) can be Place Holder Owners, another words run a Franchise/Program/Team or any amount of the 5-Interconnected Computer FootBall FootBall Levels (From Youth to Professional), of course with protections to prevent cheating-which includes must win 50% of all their Franchise’(s’)/Program’(s’)/Team’(s’) games (per year), until any customer(s) wants to take over ownership of those same Franchise(s)/Program(s)/Team(s) (at any time of first-two-years of the GWFBA Volunteer’s Place Holder Ownership). Place Holder Owners (GWFBA’s Volunteers) must be able to pay the ownership cost (with a 10% employee discount) maintain their work load/performing their responsibilities with GWFBA. rnrnG.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation-Interconnected Computer FootBall Levels Playing Association starts with Owners GWFBA's Information Seminars (One for Each of The Multiplayer Centers that The GWFBA is Played at) Current Starting Dates is Early December, 2006 and Written In Stone The GWFBA's FootBall Levels' Drafts: NAPFBL From Jan. 2nd, 2007 – To Jan. 4th, 2007, WSPFBL From April 29th, 2007 - To May 1st, 2007, NACFBL From Jan. 5th, 2007 - To Jan. 7th, 2007, NAHSFBL From Jan. 8th, 2007 - To Jan. 10th, 2007 and NAYFBL From Jan. 11th, 2007 - To Jan. 13th, 2007. rnrnThen E-mail To This E-mail Address About Wanting To work as an Volunteer (Work Hard as GWFBA's Employee and obviously have fun, For No Pay From GWFBA, Instead Maybe From Another Organization) with The G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation: 5-Interconnected Computer FootBall FootBall Levels (From Youth to Professional) (at Miami Multiplayer Centers, Near You), while supplies of Franchise(s)/Program(s)/Team(s) LAST!rnrnG.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation-Interconnected Computer FootBall Levels Playing Association GWFBA's Volunteer Information Seminars Two-Current Starting Dates for Volunteers (Work Hard as GWFBA's Employees, For No Pay From GWFBA, Instead Maybe From Another Organization) are First in Early July 2006 and lastly in Late September 2006 (at Each of The Multiplayer Centers that The GWFBA is Played at).rnrnThen E-mail To This E-mail Address About Wanting To be a Fan of GWFBA (is defined as Watching GWFBA’s Minimum Amount of Games and Watching Any Amount Of the Other Activities) and The GWFBA’s Games. The Schedule of Games can be Decided From Selecting From the following List of Options: rnrn*1. The Entire GWFBA Schedule or rnrn2. Entire GWFBA’s FootBall Level(s) Schedule(s) orrnrn3. Entire GWFBA’s FootBall Level’(s’) Super Conference(s) Schedule(s) orrnrn4. Entire GWFBA’s FootBall Level’(s’) Conference Schedule(s) orrnrn5. Entire GWFBA’s FootBall Level’(s’) Division Schedule(s) orrnrn6. Entire GWFBA’s FootBall Level’(s’) Quarter Schedule(s) orrnrn7. Entire Franchise’(s’)/Program’(s’)/Team’(s’) Schedule(s).*rnrnAlso GWFBA’s Fans Watch GWFBA Owners’ Drafting*, The NAPFBL’s Allocation of Players to The WSPFBL’s Franchises*, GWFBA Owners’ Free Agent Signings Announcements*, GWFBA Fantasy Games (Fantasy FootBall, etc)*, GWFBA Voting*, etc* and Being Given First Priority (After 1. GWFBA Owner: Jason ‘Great White’, 2. GWFBA Owners and 3. GWFBA Volunteers and while Supplies Last) to Purchasing Merchandise of the Franchise’(s’)/Program’(s’)/Team’(s’) or entire GWFBA’s Games Signed-Up to Watch thus determines the Amount of Other Activities* they Signed-Up for. rnrnOf course there is a cost to doing so (same as being a GWFBA’s Owner-with discounts available to those who watch more or all games signed-up for and at any time can signed-up for more*) The G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation: 5-Interconnected Computer FootBall FootBall Levels (From Youth to Professional) (at Miami Multiplayer Centers, Near You), while supplies of Franchise(s)/Program(s)/Team(s) LAST!rnrnG.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation- Interconnected Computer FootBall Levels Playing Association starts with Fans (Coming to The Multiplayer Centers to watch GWFBA's Teams/Games) GWFBA's Information Seminars (One for Each of The Multiplayer Centers that The GWFBA is Played at) Current Starting Dates is Early December, 2006 and Written In Stone The GWFBA's FootBall Levels' Drafts: NAPFBL From Jan. 2nd, 2007 – To Jan. 4th, 2007, WSPFBL From April 29th, 2007 - To May 1st, 2007, NACFBL From Jan. 5th, 2007 - To Jan. 7th, 2007, NAHSFBL From Jan. 8th, 2007 - To Jan. 10th, 2007 and NAYFBL From Jan. 11th, 2007 - To Jan. 13th, 2007.rnrnThe level of play’s difficulty will be determined by how good the owners are, You Face. The Prevention of Changing Franchise(s)/Program(s)/Team(s) (After The First-Change To Franchise’(s’)/Program’(s’)/Team’(s’) happens) Based Solely On Being Able To Only Prove The Level of Difficulty Faced is The Reason for Changing Franchise(s)/Program(s)/Team(s) (After The First-Change To Franchise’(s’)/Program’(s’)/Team’(s’) happens) Challenges You and Your Friends to Give The 110%.rnrnJason 'Great White' Nall-G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation- Interconnected Computer FootBall Levels Playing Association-Owner.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #3080
headtrauma
H.S. Freshman Team

I'd give my left one to hear his radio show.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm...&key=&#1084110
headtrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #3081
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The thread title really needs to be changed to Maximum FootBall???
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #3082
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I don't know why I get the vibe, but I'm thinking our GreatWhite friend is Romanian.

Got nothing to back that up with though. I guess someone can ask him how he feels about Dinamo Bucharest and see what happens from there...

Old 03-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #3083
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Im thinking spanish or portuguese, merely cause he used the term Especial and his language structure is spanish, i think.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #3084
Desnudo
Coordinator

I'm thinking crazy, mainly because he's obviously crazy.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #3085
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Im thinking spanish or portuguese, merely cause he used the term Especial and his language structure is spanish, i think.

Romanian is a romance language, and is very close to Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese. One of my co-workers in our Miami office is Romanian, and I could understand most of what he said in Romanian based on my knowledge of Italian.

But that is an indirect link, at best to my suspicions. If he went to FIU, then that points to some sort of Latin influence, unless it is our very own Noop...
Old 03-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #3086
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Romanian is a romance language, and is very close to Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese. One of my co-workers in our Miami office is Romanian, and I could understand most of what he said in Romanian based on my knowledge of Italian.

But that is an indirect link, at best to my suspicions. If he went to FIU, then that points to some sort of Latin influence, unless it is our very own Noop...

That's interesting. I would have thought Romanian to have a much different language influence. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:29 AM   #3087
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I think this is the guy from Nigeria who is constantly bothering me to help him make millions of dollars
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #3088
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

The new mod over there wants to ban Baboon Heart. Let's watch.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #3089
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I guess the mod is laying down the law now:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1083920
Old 03-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #3090
bbor
Pro Starter

So...ummm...ya....What exactly did this patch fix?

After playing a couple of games with the 1.092 patch, here are the things that I have observed. I'm playing with the default Canadian league, default Canadian rules, default playbook and league games.

- Kick off returners are no longer catching the ball on the fly, they are letting it bounce at their feet.

- Punters have started taking steriods. All the punts are now between 65 - 75 yards, and the ball is consistently landing at least 10 yards past the returners. Prior to the patch, punt returners would catch most of the punts on the fly.

- Instances of the incomplete/tackle play result have gone way down, but they still occur.

- The clock runs on conversion attempts, shouldn't it be stopped?

- The problem where the kick returner does not pick up the ball, and everyone stands around seems to be restricted to kicks where the ball lands in the endzone. If the ball bounces in the field of play and rolls into the end zone, the play runs normally.

- In the original release, I saw 1 interception in 3 games. With the patch, I have seen 4 interceptions in 2 games, but all 4 were in one game. However, I not yet seen a fumble.

- After a rouge, the team scoring the single point kicks off. Shouldn't the team scored against just scrimmage on the 35?

- The issue where the penalty accept/decline box does not show text for the 'decline' option appears more frequently. It now happens on all penalties, not just the 'Illegal Contact' penalties.

- In both games, there was no second half kick-off. Play continued like any other change between quarters.

- The computer doesn't seem to wait for it's players to finish their motion. The play where this is really noticable is the hitch pass. When I run it, the running backs move all the way to the sideline. When the computer runs it, it snaps the ball when the running backs have only moved a couple of yards, so the play is usually stopped by the defence, or the pass goes incomplete.

- The penalty accept/decline box appears to get confused on plays where the play resulted in a first down. I have seen instances where the box says something like 'accept: 1st and 5 on the xx', where xx is where the play ended, plus the penalty yardage. In those cases, where the penalty yardage is tacked on after the play, the down should be 1st and 10, not 1st and 5. What is interesting is that sometimes when the play resumes, the down is 1st and 10, other times it is the 1st and 5 - I haven't been able to identify a pattern where those occur, however.

- On punts and field goals, the computer takes over and decides when to snap the ball. It does not allow you to run down the clock like on other plays. Is that intentional?

- I use the mouse, and I have yet to get a time-out to work properly. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, or if there is a bug here. When I click the 3rd mouse button while the players are returning and/or in the huddle, I either get no time-out, or I get the "Regina has called a time-out but has none remaining a penalty will be assessed" display. In the first game with the patch, the computer called 3 time-outs in one quarter, and in the second game, the computer called one time-out, and the display said that they had 0 time-outs left. How many time-outs per half are a team allowed in the default Canadian rules?

I've noticed that there are a number of times (this is both before and after the patch), that the post-play commentary does not show up, or it appears and is removed from the screen so rapidly that there is no time to read it. Perhaps this may be related to why I'm not seeing the time-out displays?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #3091
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
So...ummm...ya....What exactly did this patch fix?

After playing a couple of games with the 1.092 patch, here are the things that I have observed. I'm playing with the default Canadian league, default Canadian rules, default playbook and league games.

- Kick off returners are no longer catching the ball on the fly, they are letting it bounce at their feet.

- Punters have started taking steriods. All the punts are now between 65 - 75 yards, and the ball is consistently landing at least 10 yards past the returners. Prior to the patch, punt returners would catch most of the punts on the fly.

- Instances of the incomplete/tackle play result have gone way down, but they still occur.

- The clock runs on conversion attempts, shouldn't it be stopped?

- The problem where the kick returner does not pick up the ball, and everyone stands around seems to be restricted to kicks where the ball lands in the endzone. If the ball bounces in the field of play and rolls into the end zone, the play runs normally.

- In the original release, I saw 1 interception in 3 games. With the patch, I have seen 4 interceptions in 2 games, but all 4 were in one game. However, I not yet seen a fumble.

- After a rouge, the team scoring the single point kicks off. Shouldn't the team scored against just scrimmage on the 35?

- The issue where the penalty accept/decline box does not show text for the 'decline' option appears more frequently. It now happens on all penalties, not just the 'Illegal Contact' penalties.

- In both games, there was no second half kick-off. Play continued like any other change between quarters.

- The computer doesn't seem to wait for it's players to finish their motion. The play where this is really noticable is the hitch pass. When I run it, the running backs move all the way to the sideline. When the computer runs it, it snaps the ball when the running backs have only moved a couple of yards, so the play is usually stopped by the defence, or the pass goes incomplete.

- The penalty accept/decline box appears to get confused on plays where the play resulted in a first down. I have seen instances where the box says something like 'accept: 1st and 5 on the xx', where xx is where the play ended, plus the penalty yardage. In those cases, where the penalty yardage is tacked on after the play, the down should be 1st and 10, not 1st and 5. What is interesting is that sometimes when the play resumes, the down is 1st and 10, other times it is the 1st and 5 - I haven't been able to identify a pattern where those occur, however.

- On punts and field goals, the computer takes over and decides when to snap the ball. It does not allow you to run down the clock like on other plays. Is that intentional?

- I use the mouse, and I have yet to get a time-out to work properly. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, or if there is a bug here. When I click the 3rd mouse button while the players are returning and/or in the huddle, I either get no time-out, or I get the "Regina has called a time-out but has none remaining a penalty will be assessed" display. In the first game with the patch, the computer called 3 time-outs in one quarter, and in the second game, the computer called one time-out, and the display said that they had 0 time-outs left. How many time-outs per half are a team allowed in the default Canadian rules?

I've noticed that there are a number of times (this is both before and after the patch), that the post-play commentary does not show up, or it appears and is removed from the screen so rapidly that there is no time to read it. Perhaps this may be related to why I'm not seeing the time-out displays?
Don't you get it? The game does not know what "NFL Rules" or "CFL Rules" or "AFL Rules" are. Now stop asking such unfair questions.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #3092
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
Don't you get it? The game does not know what "NFL Rules" or "CFL Rules" or "AFL Rules" are. Now stop asking such unfair questions.
Yeah, I love how he acts as if the game is now it's own self-aware entity.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #3093
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so is someone here posting as BaboonHeart? And if so can they PM me and let me in on the joke (since obviously we are being monitored by the Matrix folks)? Or can that person just come clean in this thread?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #3094
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:

I feel shame

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #3095
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

and now, dude with long name doesn't like being called dude with long name
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1081975

FM
Old 03-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #3096
Easy Mac

Quote:

Wait, it does Australian Rules Football? Fuck Yeah!!
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #3097
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Someone who's registered over there, please invite him to this thread.

Okay Desnudo, I followed your advice and I sent him a PM yesterday at the Matrix boards. But strangely enough, he sent me a PM here at the FOFC. Apparently he created an account temporarily just to send me this PM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.W.'sF.B.A.StartOct.29t
....GW'sFBAStartsOct29th2006

I have no interest in second-rate FOF, plus I just thinking you and maybe others just want me here to have a member to laugh at , thus I am not going join.

Since, I am either banned or on vacation from Maximum FootBall's Message Boards (everyone's lost) this is the only way I could tell you.

Last activity I am ever going to do at FOF.

However, if you live in South Miami through Key West and want to ever play in a real FootBall Association of leagues, then be looking contact me about joining The G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation and wait until Oct. '2006 to participate.

So for whatever reason, Matrix felt that he was a troll and/or most likely they thought he may be a member of the FOFC. Well there goes my source of entertainment at the other message board and I was so hoping that I would at least get to hear this radio show. Does anyone get that station that he mentioned at Matrix?

Oh and the other weird thing is that it said his start date was in Dec. 1969. Of course it only says this in the PM since the account no longer exists.

Last edited by Antmeister : 03-11-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #3098
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Okay Desnudo, I followed your advice and I sent him a PM yesterday at the Matrix boards. But strangely enough, he sent me a PM here at the FOFC. Apparently he created an account temporarily just to send me this PM:

So for whatever reason, Matrix felt that he was a troll and/or most likely they thought he may be a member of the FOFC. Well there goes my source of entertainment at the other message board and I was so hoping that I would at least get to hear this radio show. Does anyone get that station that he mentioned at Matrix?

Oh and the other weird thing is that it said his start date was in Dec. 1969. Of course it only says this in the PM since the account no longer exists.

Well, that can give SkyDog something to go on to see if it is an alter ego of someone here.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #3099
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Well he sussed us out pretty quickly.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #3100
st.cronin
General Manager

browsing the archives and found this: http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

which of course led to this:

After hearing Daivd Winters say that the moon is made of green cheese, I felt that someone needed to write a dissenting opinion. To organize my discussion, I suggest that we take one step back in the causal chain and keep his assistants at bay. Why he would even pretend that the ancient Egyptians used psychic powers to build the pyramids is beyond me. To oppose fanaticism, we must oppose vandalism. To oppose opportunism, we must oppose antiheroism. And to oppose Daivd, we must oppose froward, inarticulate spielers. Charlatanism appears to have triumphed. The best example of this, culled from many, would have to be the time he tried to increase people's stress and aggression.

In an atmosphere of false rumors and misinformation, Daivd wonders why everyone hates him. Apparently, he never stopped to think that maybe it's because it is more than a purely historical question to ask, "How did his reign of terror start?" or even the more urgent question, "How might it end?". No, we must ask, "Is his lack of intelligence genetic or the result of too much time spent with batty, mudslinging deviants?" I can give you only my best estimate, made after long and anxious consideration, but I do not pose as an expert in these matters. I can say only that he somehow manages to get away with spreading lies (children don't need as much psychological attentiveness, protection, and obedience training as the treasured household pet), distortions (human beings should be appraised by the number of things and the amount of money they possess instead of by their internal value and achievements), and misplaced idealism (science is merely a tool invented by the current elite to maintain power). However, when I try to respond in kind, I get censored faster than you can say "superserviceableness". If Daivd gets his way, we will soon be engulfed in a Dark Age of plagiarism and indescribable horror. That's why I'm telling you that people tell me that he seems to be expressing an irrational preference for remaining in some previous century while the rest of the world hurtles forward. And the people who tell me this are correct, of course. You shouldn't let him intimidate you. You shouldn't let him push you around. We're the ones who are right, not Daivd.

To put this in context, Daivd likes pronouncements that cause the destruction of human ambition and joy. Could there be a conflict of interest there? If you were to ask me, I'd say that I am not trying to save the world -- I gave up that pursuit a long time ago. But I am trying to summon up the courage to shelter initially unpopular truths from suppression, enabling them to ultimately win out through competition in the marketplace of ideas. Disrespectful, sinful criminal masterminds like him always lie. Even an occasional truth is intended only to cover up a bigger falsification and is therefore, itself, a deliberate untruth. We ought to take up the mantle and stick to the facts and offer only those arguments that can be supported by those facts. That'll make Daivd think once -- I would have said "twice" but I don't see any indication that he has previously given any thought to the matter -- before trying to work hand-in-glove with the most reprehensible chiselers I've ever seen. My eventual goal for this letter is to take off the kid gloves and vent some real anger at Daivd Winters. I'm counting on you for your support.

knives out