Old 03-09-2006, 11:07 PM   #3001
Rizon
Pro Starter

EIDT CRAP!

EIDT Oh wiat, woohoo

* The preceding post is MF related
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.

Last edited by Rizon : 03-10-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:40 PM   #3002
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
3000 posts in this thread!

That's a boxable offense, posting just for the number. Isn't it? Now box yourself dammit. Or just give up your allegiance to the Brokeback Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited by EagleFan : 03-09-2006 at 11:52 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:41 PM   #3003
JeeberD
General Manager

Dude, I would NEVER "ost" just for a number. If I ever did, I certainly would perma-ban myself...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:46 PM   #3004
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dude, I would NEVER "ost" just for a number. If I ever did, I certainly would perma-ban myself...

postwhore

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:53 PM   #3005
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

sorry, I had to ay extra to get a keyboard with that other letter.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:59 PM   #3006
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
postwhore

Remember when we were fighting tooth and nail to beat each other to 3000 posts?

Good times...

Old 03-10-2006, 12:07 AM   #3007
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What will die out first, the game or this thread?
Old 03-10-2006, 12:17 AM   #3008
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Remember when we were fighting tooth and nail to beat each other to 3000 posts?

Good times...

Heh......i think you beat me.

Now i just kick your ass in yahoo fantasy games

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #3009
JeeberD
General Manager

Actually, you barely beat me...

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...highlight=3000

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...highlight=3000

Old 03-10-2006, 12:27 AM   #3010
bbor
Pro Starter

I found this humorous.

tucker342
Grizzled Veteran

I will catch you someday!!!

Oh yes I will!!!

Old 03-10-2006, 12:39 AM   #3011
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

How many players on the field in Arena football? I keep getting 11. I thought it was a smaller number. Sorry if this was answered but I didn't have the 3 hours to go through this thread.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:54 AM   #3012
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
WOW. just WOW. so basically he's saying that there is no "NFL ruleset" coded into the game? that there are certain NFL rules that the game won't customize to accept.

that's quite a strange choice, and seems like it would turn off a large portion of his potential customers

Hah, when I first starting reading your post, I thought you were going to flame me. But, yes, I think it's pretty clear now that David is coding for himself and himself only. But if that's the case then you shouldn't try and charge $40 for your pipe dream. Someone at Matrix dropped the ball on this one too. Too bad because the game had a lot of potential if the person developing it actually cared about what his potential customers wanted. Hubris I tell you.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:39 AM   #3013
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I'm sorry, I can't help but add to this thread because GWsFBAStartOct292006 is a rare character I have never seen before. You have to see this thread. Hilarious!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1081875
Old 03-10-2006, 02:44 AM   #3014
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Dola, I love this quote the best:

Quote:
F.I.U. FOOTBALL PROGRAM WILL NEVER EVER ACCOMPLISH ANY KIND OF SUCCESS, AGAINST ANY TYPE OF REAL COMPETITION!! MARK MY WORDS-03/11/06!!

So I guess you can "mark his words" tommorow? He is either authentic or someone is a really good text actor.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:46 AM   #3015
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
I'm sorry, I can't help but add to this thread because GWsFBAStartOct292006 is a rare character I have never seen before. You have to see this thread. Hilarious!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1081875

I'm feeling some Baboonheart there.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:29 AM   #3016
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I'm feeling some Baboonheart there.
An easy way to check it would be to get in touch with F.I.U. and ask them if an . . . interesting character . . . ever worked for the radio station there. They would remember him.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 03-10-2006 at 06:30 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:49 AM   #3017
SFL Cat
College Starter

Hmmm, FIU? He lives in my area. For some reason, that doesn't make me feel at ease.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #3018
spcd
n00b

He seems to exist prior to MF, so either he's been in deep cover waiting for his moment to strike, or he's real.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...855868-4716933
http://www.answerbag.com/user/profile.php?id=41150

I think he's real, and not quite as crazy as he sounds, it's amplified by his language problems. Although you have to admire someone who answers a delay-of-game question with

As a former sports talk show host (especializing in FootBall), Intramural FootBall Referee at Florida International University, former youth and high school football player and Coach, yes. They should have had to kick again.
spcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:35 AM   #3019
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcd
I think he's real, and not quite as crazy as he sounds, it's amplified by his language problems.
I hate to play the 'obvious' card, but I'm calling shenanigans. There is NO WAY IN HELL this clown has any sort of job in coaching, mentoring, public speaking, broadcasting, teaching, or any other sort of job that requires the use of the english language, spoken, written, or otherwise.

I refuse to believe that the bar somewhere has been set so low as to see this person gainfully employed, much less a public-facing one.

Last edited by Toddzilla : 03-10-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #3020
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
I hate to play the 'obvious' card, but I'm calling shenanigans. There is NO WAY IN HELL this clown has any sort of job in coaching, mentoring, public speaking, broadcasting, teaching, or any other sort of job that requires the use of the english language, spoken, written, or otherwise.

I refuse to believe that the bar somewhere has been set so low as to see this person gainfully employed, much less a public-facing one.

I think that I agree with you, but if you look at his "resume," you can see how a lot of it may be puffery and not actual employment.

a former sports talk show host (especializing in FootBall)--THIS COULD SIMPLY MEAN THAT HIS UNIVERSITY ALLOWED ANY STUDENT WHO PAID AN ACTIVITY FEE TO HAVE A "SHOW" AND RAMBLE IN FRONT OF THE STUDENT RADIO MICROPHONE FOR A HALF HOUR.

Intramural FootBall Referee at Florida International University--WHERE I WENT TO SCHOOL THEY WERE DESPARATE FOR REFS. I COULD SEE HIM GETTING THIS JOB.

former youth and high school football player and Coach--MAYBE ANYONE WHO TRIED OUT GOT ON THE TEAM. AND MAYBE THE COACH LET HIM HOLD A CLIPBOARD, MAKING GW A FELLOW "COACH."

And, he never said for how long he held any of these jobs before he was dismissed.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #3021
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That answerbag link is hilarious -- especially when he asks questions, gets answers, then comments that the answer is wrong, or that's not what he was asking.

"Where can I find website creators who will work for free for my company?"
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #3022
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister

College Benchwarmer

Dola, I love this quote the best:

Quote:
F.I.U. FOOTBALL PROGRAM WILL NEVER EVER ACCOMPLISH ANY KIND OF SUCCESS, AGAINST ANY TYPE OF REAL COMPETITION!! MARK MY WORDS-03/11/06!!

So I guess you can "mark his words" tommorow? He is either authentic or someone is a really good text actor.

In all honesty, I laughed harder than I've laughed at anything regarding MaxiFootball when I read the post over at their forums that had that quote in it. This guy is off the freakin' chain when it comes to UIC. WOWWWWW!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #3023
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I love the BLANK.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #3024
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by answerbag
If you deposited counterfeit bills into an ATM, how would the bank find out?

Answer

(50%, 1 rating) submitted by Great White-GWsFBA (C+, 75%, 12 ratings), Jan 15, 06

I never seen depositing money into a ATM. It is actually possible??

If it is possible, I could not see how the bank could know who deposited the counterfet money, into a ATM. Yes, the are computer records kept, amounts are recorded (maybe exact bills) and video record; however, unless that is the only bill of that exact amount it would be impossible to tell who deposited it. Even fingerprints is no use, when it gets handled inside the bank and other people, before depositing.

Oh, and in another question, he asked how much he should charge for his multiplayer centers...he figured $15 per hour!!!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:17 AM   #3025
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Oh, and in another question, he asked how much he should charge for his multiplayer centers...he figured $15 per hour!!!

He's got that ambition baby look in his eyes
This week he's moppin floors next week it's the fries
Old 03-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #3026
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
In all honesty, I laughed harder than I've laughed at anything regarding MaxiFootball when I read the post over at their forums that had that quote in it. This guy is off the freakin' chain when it comes to UIC. WOWWWWW!!!!
The size of the letters, combined with the little finger-wagging smiley, just KILL me. I just had another hurt-my-stomach laugh looking at it again.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #3027
spcd
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla

Small college radio may not exactly set the bar too high, and it looks like he was removed fairly quickly from it in the thread Antmeister posted. There's also the chance that the work he does/has done is exagerrated, or confined to his own language.

He might be partially, or completely crazy, but I don't think he's fake
spcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #3028
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Small college radio may not exactly set the bar too high, and it looks like he was removed fairly quickly from it in the thread Antmeister posted. There's also the chance that the work he does/has done is exagerrated, or confined to his own language.

He might be partially, or completely crazy, but I don't think he's fake

heh, you said "might".
Old 03-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #3029
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
He seems to exist prior to MF, so either he's been in deep cover waiting for his moment to strike, or he's real.

I think he's real, and not quite as crazy as he sounds, it's amplified by his language problems. Although you have to admire someone who answers a delay-of-game question with

As a former sports talk show host (especializing in FootBall), Intramural FootBall Referee at Florida International University, former youth and high school football player and Coach, yes. They should have had to kick again.

Air Jaws I & II is Awesome, The Shipping and Handling By The Seller BLANKING SUCKS!, November 18, 2005

Air Jaws I & II is most awesome animal footage today, enough said! GREAT WHITES ARE THE GREATEST ANIMALS EVER!

HOWEVER, HURRICANE AND ALL THE PRODUCT SHOULD HAVE ARRIVED BY NOW! HECK< I PAID HIGH PRICE FOR THE S&H, IN THE FIRST-PLACE! THE COST FOR THE S&H WAS WAY TOO HIGH
Old 03-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #3030
rkmsuf
Head Coach

someone should extend an invite over here to this guy

hours of entertainment there
Old 03-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #3031
Desnudo
Coordinator

Especializing
Old 03-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #3032
Desnudo
Coordinator

He and jbmagic should be locked into one thread by Skydog. Whoever is alive at the end of the week gets to leave the thread.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #3033
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
He and jbmagic should be locked into one thread by Skydog. Whoever is alive at the end of the week gets to leave the thread.

A steel cage match for the ages.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #3034
Desnudo
Coordinator

My money would be on jb. I think he's relentless while this guy is blowing a lot of hot air.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #3035
rkmsuf
Head Coach

He'd question him to death.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #3036
rkmsuf
Head Coach

dola, what would be really interesting is seeing if someone could impersonate the mental guy over there. HA did a good jb but I think this guy would be tough to do.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #3037
Desnudo
Coordinator

BLANK!

I smell a challenge.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:19 PM   #3038
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

Geez....this guy does exist. Here are two more references:

http://www.tech-notes.tv/2004/2004_comments.pdf
http://www.yourspc.com/modules.php?n...out_Box&page=2

FIU must be a great program, because they created the best comedian I have seen.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #3039
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Oh no.....these posts are classic.

First he responds to Jennifer Winter:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1082030

And here he made his version of the Martin Luther King Speech. Of course, he refers to him as MJK
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1083530
Old 03-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #3040
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

OH LORD!!! I havn't laughed this hard in a long time. This guy is too much. SD...can we extend him an invite to come over here?? Please Please??
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #3041
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

okay, HA is gonna say we're trying too hard but damnit, this guy really is too much. His reply to Jennifer Winter was pure gold.

I also like how he keeps writing FootBall with a capital B

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 03-10-2006 at 02:03 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #3042
jbmagic
Pro Starter

This guy has be HA
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #3043
miked
College Starter

He reminds me of that ninja webpage guy,
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #3044
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
This guy has be HA

Sorry, but it doesn't appear to be the case. If you check the references, he already has a history making posts on other sites. But I did originally think it may be HA due to the fact that he went on his "You guys are trying too hard" speech.

Last edited by Antmeister : 03-10-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #3045
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
He reminds me of that ninja webpage guy,

Are you talking about the "Ask A Ninja" video podcast?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #3046
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I tried an arena game and here are some of the results. I coached.

I only got through one quarter as I just couldn't take it anymore.

The score was 38-14 at the end of the 1st quarter. I had 4 touchdowns, 2 field goals and 2 safeties. I just ran random plays basically so I wan't taking advantage of any super plays.

One of the safeties was after the opposing quarterback was tackled on their one yard line (at least that's what the graphics showed).

On three occasions the quarterback was hit and looked to fumble the ball but the game ruled it incomplete. These incomplete passes showed up nowhere in the stats.

On one occasion it was 2nd and 10 for the opponents and they ran a running play that went for a 2 yard loss. A 5 yard penalty was called and was marked off from the end of the run and it became 1st and 7. Are the rules different in Arena ball or is this a bug?

On one play my receiver was heading down the sideline for a would be touchdown with no one around him and suddenly decided to take a sharp right out of bounds at the opponents 5.

I don't know the deal with the graphics but the "safeties" don't seem to respond to anything until about 3 seconds after the snap. In one case they didn't move until my running back was past them.

On other occasions, players have kind of materialized to make a tackle.

There seems to be no net used in this version and kickoffs past the end zone result in a touchback.

My running back had 150 yards in the 1st quarter and I was well on pace for over 1000 yards of offense in the game. I am not familiar with AFL but that seems extreme, even for them. (Plus being on pace to score 152 points)
Old 03-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #3047
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan

The score was 38-14 at the end of the 1st quarter. I had 4 touchdowns, 2 field goals and 2 safeties. I just ran random plays basically so I wan't taking advantage of any super plays.

One of the safeties was after the opposing quarterback was tackled on their one yard line (at least that's what the graphics showed).

On three occasions the quarterback was hit and looked to fumble the ball but the game ruled it incomplete. These incomplete passes showed up nowhere in the stats.

On one occasion it was 2nd and 10 for the opponents and they ran a running play that went for a 2 yard loss. A 5 yard penalty was called and was marked off from the end of the run and it became 1st and 7. Are the rules different in Arena ball or is this a bug?

On one play my receiver was heading down the sideline for a would be touchdown with no one around him and suddenly decided to take a sharp right out of bounds at the opponents 5.

I don't know the deal with the graphics but the "safeties" don't seem to respond to anything until about 3 seconds after the snap. In one case they didn't move until my running back was past them.

There seems to be no net used in this version and kickoffs past the end zone result in a touchback.

My running back had 150 yards in the 1st quarter and I was well on pace for over 1000 yards of offense in the game. I am not familiar with AFL but that seems extreme, even for them. (Plus being on pace to score 152 points)

From what I read at the forums, the indoor game is not the AFL and that is why you don't see the nets. And did you download the patch, by the way. Not saying it would improve the game much, but it will be interesting to see what changes were focused on. It really is sad this is going to be pressed to CD pretty soon.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #3048
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan

that is funny
Old 03-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #3049
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
From what I read at the forums, the indoor game is not the AFL and that is why you don't see the nets.

from what I understand so far...

the indoor game isn't the AFL,
the pro game isn't the NFL,
the college game isn't the NCAA,

AND

the canadian game isn't even the CFL...

FM
Old 03-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #3050
bbor
Pro Starter

Has anyone asked Jennifer Winters why her title was taken away?