Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #2951
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
In the first season, the group covered themselves with "leftovers" and pretended to walk/act like the zombies to get out of a situation.

That's my guess how Glenn gets out.

Right, but that was "leftover" zombie bits. They covered themselves with zombie gore, because zombie gore smells like zombies and not fresh, human flesh and blood, and thus zombie's ignore them.

Covering himself with Nicholas' fresh gore and blood would be like tying a steak around his neck. A very bad idea.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #2952
Kodos
Resident Alien

Zombie girl to Zombie mom: "Mom... Do you douche?"
Old 10-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #2953
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In the first season, the group covered themselves with "leftovers" and pretended to walk/act like the zombies to get out of a situation.

That's my guess how Glenn gets out.

It worked in Shaun of the Dead too for a bit lol

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #2954
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I theorize that it's going to end up like a shark frenzy above glen as they are chomping on Nicholas' body and Glen gets out...

But here is my other thought...

Nicholas was hearing voices...what happens if he is dreaming some of this? And it didn't happen...
Old 11-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #2955
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty good episode, I really enjoyed it.

I predict increase enrollment for Akido and bo stick.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:13 AM   #2956
Radii
Head Coach

Loved the backstory on Morgan, they seriously do incredible work when they focus on that character. If I'm allowing myself to ignore the bullshit around Glen and how they're choosing to bundle this all together and present it, that is. Very compelling episode.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #2957
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I liked it, and it didn't seem like a 90 minute episode. It went by quickly.

I was hesitant at first when I heard it was a complete 90 minute episode dedicated to Morgans back story, but how they tied it in, and where he is coming from now...changes my view on him. For me, this was needed.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #2958
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It was definitely needed. But I hate that they place this stuff when they do, where we have these cliffhangers to deal with and now we have to wait additional weeks for some form of resolution.

They were particularly horrible with this on the road to Terminus after the prison was destroyed.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #2959
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I liked it, and it didn't seem like a 90 minute episode. It went by quickly.

I thought the first half hour was the slowest 30 minutes in the history of the show tbh.

Overall I thought Andrew Lincoln's description of it as "an art film" (or did he say "arthouse"?) was pretty spot on. The acting was good, but I could have lived with 75 minutes instead of 90.

And after all that, we now know why Morgan is wrong & at this point downright dangerous ... but he's still dead wrong.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:50 PM   #2960
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
well , I disagree with Jimg, but that's cause I stopped watching Talking dead, completely. Asking to be KILLED is the lowest one can find themselves in this world, and this point was driven home. Slowest half hour of the show? I don't think so.

If a major character, like Morgan, is given a backdrop, then its worth settling into, especially if hes now come into the forefront.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:29 AM   #2961
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Asking to be KILLED is the lowest one can find themselves in this world, and this point was driven home.

But we essentially already knew he'd been to that place mentally/emotionally. That wasn't really a huge reveal for anyone.

Let me be clear about something here though. I'm not casting any aspersion on Lenny James' acting here, nor even the writing. Both actors carried a 90 min essentially two-man episode on their backs & acquitted themselves more than well.

I simply found the first 30 minutes to be too slowly paced for my liking (and that's even with me openly wishing prior to last night for a one-off to relieve the tension of the past three weeks). {shrug}
Old 11-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #2962
Logan
Head Coach

I almost fell asleep about 4 times in that first hour. Still enjoyed it, but struggled.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #2963
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

My wife fell asleep during the Morgan episode, and I now consider it my favorite. Loved it. The music pushed it over the top for me.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #2964
Kodos
Resident Alien

I was kinda bored by it. It was well done, sure, but too long. Guess I would have preferred that they moved the main story along some more.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:42 PM   #2965
Edward64
Head Coach

That was pretty boring.

Glad Rick got his kiss. No Morgan, no Carol ....

Looks like next week we are back to the regular crew.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:57 PM   #2966
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Lots of little small moments, building toward the inevietable explosive run to the end.

Definitely NOT a fan of the news that Into The Badlands will be pushing Talking Dead back an hour for the next three weeks. No matter how good it is (and it looks ot have at least some potential) it won't be as engaging or interesting as the simple TD.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #2967
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This was definitely a slow episode compared to the first three.

I liked the Tara and the doctor stuff.

I liked the Maggie and Aaron stuff.

The little breakdown of their society, with the people trying to steal all the food, was a pretty nice touch.

I couldn't care less about the Carl/Enid/Other Kid love triangle thing.

I do feel they are laying on the whole "Rick's way is the right way!" stuff a bit thick. We get it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-09-2015, 12:09 AM   #2968
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not wild about the "Rick escapes RV" off-camera, or putting the Glen stuff even further on back burner. Those absences weighed on me enjoying what they had in this episode.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:33 AM   #2969
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Not wild about the "Rick escapes RV" off-camera, or putting the Glen stuff even further on back burner.

Also Carol reveals herself to be the superhero that she is in town and we spend an entire episode in the town without seeing her, or without anyone in the town reacting to her actions at all.

I like the doctor chick b/c I absolutely love Merritt Wever, but I don't think they did nearly enough this episode to justify leaving all that other stuff out/behind for yet another week.

Also, I can usually overlook even fairly gaping plot holes, but "hey there's a grate to a sewer out of here" seems like pretty damn useful information when your town is surrounded, but you'll only tell Maggie so she can try to sneak out and find Glenn, but you won't tell Rick or anyone else so they can try to get out to draw the walkers away from your walls? I'm usually pretty quick to overlook these things and just enjoy the zombie action, or where they're moving the plot to, but this bugged me.

Last edited by Radii : 11-09-2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #2970
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Last night's episode...

What's the deal with the army like group whose member lost an arm? (walk it off ) I found the encounter in the woods confusing like why they let the woodtick guy go and where they were coming from.

Were we supposed to get anything out of the non-Darryl storyline? My take was redhead had something crazy happen either in the army or at the beginning of the zombie apocalypse and then later in the episode he tried to sleep with Bob's sister. Was this storyline just filler or was I missing something important?

Glenn on the radio in the truck?

I actually waited for the preview of next weeks episode only to get a generic Rick/Carol montage that told me nothing. FU AMC.

Last edited by panerd : 11-16-2015 at 09:51 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #2971
Kodos
Resident Alien

What was the deal with the encased corpses who ate the diabetic girl? Why were they encased? Body bags?

Why didn't Darryl go ahead and kill those guys in the woods when he had a shot?

Didn't think about Glenn with the "help". Thought it was the group back in Alexandria. You're probably right.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-16-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #2972
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
My take was redhead had something crazy happen either in the army or at the beginning of the zombie apocalypse and then later in the episode he tried to sleep with Bob's sister. Was this storyline just filler or was I missing something important?

Depends on how you define "important" I guess. Abraham's backstory was got a heavy callback with that stuff. Season 5, episode 5 basically.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:52 PM   #2973
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
What was the deal with the encased corpses who ate the diabetic girl? Why were they encased? Body bags?

Beats hell outta me. I thought it looked like death-by-suffocation rather than fire.

Quote:
Why didn't Darryl go ahead and kill those guys in the woods when he had a shot?

Too many
Old 11-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #2974
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I think what happened is that the glass melted on those people from the big fire that happened, so they were in cased on metled glass.

I was pretty confused about all that was going on with that group and the firestarter people, too, but I think that's okay. There have to be all sorts of random, little groups fighting their own random little territorial battles all over the place. It makes sense that you could just wander into one.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:32 PM   #2975
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I think what happened is that the glass melted on those people from the big fire that happened, so they were in cased on metled glass.

Yup, that is what I thought too. At first it looked like plastic, but the way it broke when the dumb chick fell on them, it was definitely glass from the greenhouse-looking building around them.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:35 PM   #2976
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

For anyone that has read the comics, I am hearing that this last ep is a potential introduction to a major group from them. I haven't hit that group in the portion of the comics I have read, but the fact that they went to lengths to not show particular faces leads me to believe that this isn't the last we see of them.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #2977
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
For anyone that has read the comics, I am hearing that this last ep is a potential introduction to a major group from them. I haven't hit that group in the portion of the comics I have read, but the fact that they went to lengths to not show particular faces leads me to believe that this isn't the last we see of them.

But is the group we saw last night part of The New Big Bad ... or are they the, umm, let's call them "intermediate" group that's also part of that scenario? Given the conversation with the guy who Darryl encountered I wondered if they might be the latter.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #2978
Edward64
Head Coach

Well, he's alive which is great.

Good episode with nice tension building up to the finale.

It seems as if Enid is a lone wolf. Carol and Morgan going at it. Carl and the kid, is something going to happen. The wall coming down. All good stuff.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #2979
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Only slightly disappointed about Glenn - not that I wanted him to be dead, but oh well. Glad they did pussy-foot around with showing him alive right away, and a great episode. Next week looks nuts.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:47 AM   #2980
Radii
Head Coach

This is the most annoyed I've been at the way the show has handled anything in a really long time. I'm not sure why, since what happened is exactly what everyone predicted already, its just so unbelievably over the top cheap and stupid that I feel insulted that anyone involved with the show felt that this was a good way to create drama and to tell a story.

I won't stop watching, I've stuck with shows far worse than this for their entire run b/c its what I tend to do when I get involved with a show. But I think this might be the thing that keeps Walking Dead from being appointment television. This isn't worth re-arranging my Sunday or staying up late to make sure I watch so I can avoid spoilers anymore.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #2981
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am glad Glenn is alive, but the execution of it all was overly manipulative and unnecessary. I would be okay with it if they picked it up in the next episode, but drawing it out like they did was kind of lame.

Enid, and her stupid name, does nothing for me. She is just kind of annoying.

Jesse's older kid who wants to kill Carl is also stupid and annoying. He reminds me of a young Jay Cutler. I don't like him.

I did like the talk between Morgan, Rick, Carol, and Michonne.

I still really like the doctor lady.

Tara was good as was Eugene.

As this point, it seems the only two competent people in Alexandria are Aaron and the black guy with the dreds. The rest are all pretty useless or morons. Well, the doctor lady is okay. At least she's trying.

Next episode does look crazy. I am looking forward to it. And then I will be sad that there won't be any new episodes until Valentine's Day.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #2982
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's been a solid (half)season, I just can't say that I've exactly enjoyed it.

The whole foreshadowing of Glenn's eventual fate (they even alluded to his canonical impending doom on TD last night) has pretty much sapped that for me, a case where figuring I know what's coming has really hurt my ability to enjoy what's happening in the meantime. Spoilers of that sort usually don't have much impact on me, for whatever reason this one has. I've basically spent the whole season waiting for either Glenn to die or Darryl to be subbed into that storyline role.

One thing from last night, annoying twit move that it was, the line about losing his shoe felt totally in character for the stupid son after his stupid near death experience. Rick shoulda punched him in the face for it, but the line itself felt spot on for the character.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #2983
Johnny93g
College Starter

Coming off what was my favourite episode of the whole series, the Morgan episode, Glen has given me the fuel to finally quit this stupid show. The writing has always been bad, but that was some of the stupidest, most insulting stuff I've ever seen on TV.

Season 1 is still very good, it got bad quick and this is the last straw.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:10 AM   #2984
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think it's annoying and cheap that Glenn isn't dead, but it's still one of the best shows on TV.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #2985
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Coming off what was my favourite episode of the whole series, the Morgan episode, Glen has given me the fuel to finally quit this stupid show. The writing has always been bad, but that was some of the stupidest, most insulting stuff I've ever seen on TV.

No. The writing hasn't "always been bad". That's just not an accurate statement.

It's been uneven. Sometimes bad, sometimes great, lots of time in the middle.

Season 1 was great. The first half of season 2 was pretty bad. After that it's been up and down, with more ups than downs.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #2986
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, if you have read the comics (I haven't, my GF has, she has them all and I will be cracking them open here this weekend) you know when Glen dies...everything has pretty much followed that timeline for most of it according to her. There were some scenes that they changed and deaths earlier/later than should have been.

I like it, what has increased my enjoyment is watching it with others. Living in Buffalo I was alone and couldn't get into it. We have a watching party at our house with family and dinner. It has made it enjoyable.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #2987
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post

Stay strong, I'm in your corner
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:46 AM   #2988
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Nagging suspicion Glenn won't die so that the show runners can break further from the comics.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:45 AM   #2989
Radii
Head Coach

Much like the wolves say they do to the people they kill, I now feel free! Free from Walking Dead until February!

I fully expect them to come back strong, they tend to do openers and the first half of a season well. It's the landing that they just never quite seem to stick. Or, in this case, they're not even remotely close to the landing strip. Given what was supposed to be happening, to characters that I like (morgan, carol, deanna and the doctor the only two I care at all about from the new crowd... well and rick's new hot blonde)... it just felt boring. Zombies making gains on every front, severe weaknesses in every party, but... it was boring. Really, really slow and boring. Too bad.

Things will start well I'm sure in February, and I'll once again praise the show for a string of solid episodes, all while wondering how horribly they are going to fuck up yet another finale this year. Its just too bad, the potential is here for a REALLY GOOD show. They get close enough often enough that you see that they're capable. They they pull the shit that was the 2nd half of this season. Shrug.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #2990
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Nagging suspicion Glenn won't die so that the show runners can break further from the comics.

I hope so. Because the show is much better than the comic and his death in the comic was lame.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:46 AM   #2991
Edward64
Head Coach

Enjoyed the episode. I hate cliff hangers though.

1. "Pretend to be brave" kid is toast
2. Carol & Morgan fight was great and lots of tension (but premise was kinda lame)
3. Good to see the old "guts on bed sheet" trick again
4. Good to see Glen and Maggie somewhat reunited

Misc thoughts

5. Rick should have thought of a fallback location in the subdivision for this sort of eventuality
Old 11-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #2992
chinaski
College Prospect

awful, awful msf. Deanna's acting was the only thing that worked for me.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #2993
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That episode seemed to take forever to get pretty much nowhere...having read the comics, I assume I can see where it is going, but maybe that is the point - they don't want us to assume that and will take us in a different direction.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #2994
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
That episode seemed to take forever to get pretty much nowhere...having read the comics, I assume I can see where it is going, but maybe that is the point - they don't want us to assume that and will take us in a different direction.

Until researching it specifically, I didn't realize how much of last night was lifted from the comics. Question now is whether they have the courage (and will ignore the heavy practical constraints) to have it end similarly for a number of characters.

The comic universe is, well, significantly maimed.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #2995
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1. "Pretend to be brave" kid is toast

We can only hope.

I have to give credit to the young actor though, his tweet to the live Talking Dead last night was a pretty funny moment.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-30-2015 at 10:34 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #2996
Logan
Head Coach

Agree with what Radii was saying...I was really bored watching it and nothing felt tense at all because I wasn't expecting anything major to happen. And it didn't.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #2997
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

More consistent season than they have delivered possibly ever, but that was a weak mid-season finale.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:03 AM   #2998
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Yeah I agree with most of you here. A herd breaks through the wall, and it ends up being a slow paced, talking episode. No idea how that happens, especially for a mid season finale.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:05 PM   #2999
Edward64
Head Coach

A new trailer

Walking Dead Mid-Season Premiere Trailer: Zombies Aren’t the Only Threat - Us Weekly
Quote:
In the short 30-second trailer, flashes of Rick (Andrew Lincoln), his son, Carl (Chandler Riggs), and the rest of the cast promise an intense ride, with the addition of Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s much-anticipated debut as Negan.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:29 PM   #3000
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty brutal first 30 min. Great episode so far.