Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2006, 01:12 PM   #2951
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
You sure about that? Damn, I was all ready to get my wife all angry the minute I'd walk in the house, kind of in hope of seeing the pointy nipple thing... Back to square one...

FM

Actually, her nippes do get a little pointy when she's angry. Also, she gets this flush on her inner thi...

I think I've said too much.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #2952
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
Actually, her nippes do get a little pointy when she's angry. Also, she gets this flush on her inner thi...

I think I've said too much.

no no, keep going, you know her better than I do!

FM
Old 03-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #2953
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
surely any GOOD evil plan would be considered a subset of a secret plan?

no no, the best evil plan announced quite loudly.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #2954
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
I agree with HA.

Except for the nipples analogy... which I don't quite get...

i was gonna say "get your nipples all in a tizzy" but, i don't use that word in my everyday language so i didn't want to start now.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #2955
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i was gonna say "get your nipples all in a tizzy" but, i don't use that word in my everyday language so i didn't want to start now.
If I may digress...

We were watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on DVD last night, and Ron's getting all pissy about something, and Hermione says to him:

"What's got your wand in a knot?"

And I thought maybe I might need to add this to my everyday language.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #2956
rkmsuf
Head Coach

uh, yeah.

GWsFBAStartOct292006
Matrix Trooper

You know when I posted that I really thought so; however, now all I would need (that was not backed-up) is the playoff explanation to be used as a template for creating a more easier distrubited copy. The computer file was way too large to move between computers, except for CD-Roms and no one opens CD-Roms unless they know more. So I am thinking of doing science project type of thing. I have the materials.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #2957
Warhammer
Pro Starter

OK, I want to see some pointy nipples... Pix pls...
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #2958
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I think GWsFBAStartOct292006 is the guy that translates Japanese video games into Engrish...his vocabulary has that "All your base are belong to us" feel to them.
Quote:
Cheating just not possible, where for me, realism is not needed.

This is the most realistic, facing the same challenges!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #2959
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
I think GWsFBAStartOct292006 is the guy that translates Japanese video games into Engrish...his vocabulary has that "All your base are belong to us" feel to them.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. That has got to be written thru a translator!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #2960
digamma
Torchbearer

This guy just doesn't realize that teleportation of players is actually a game feature.

Quote:
I have a high end computer. Frame Rate was a constant 30-31 when I ran a game. [cpu/cpu]

However, often-times the play will end and I can't see what happened. A defender will be in spot A then in a nano-second, be making a tackle or disrupting the QB.

I have some other graphics issues, but this one is the most annoying. The game is not fluid or enjoyable to watch because this is happening.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Suggestions?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:24 AM   #2961
moriarty
College Starter

I wish they had a video of this one (sounds hillarious). I should note, I've only seen one person report this issue:

Quote:
A) I got a saftey on my opponet. They kicked the ball off to me and it looked like a fair catch. The returner got stuck on a blocker. The rest of my player ran toward the opposit goal, the opponets team ran past my ball carrier to my goal and at midfield there were 2 players a blocker and a returned stuck. I finally had to pause the game and save the game, when I reloaded the game my opponet had the ball 1st and 15 from midfield.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #2962
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
Thanks HA, keep shoveling in some more of this funny stuff. I like it when you play other characters. This concerned character is absolutely hilarious.

I'm either tired because its late, or this was really funny.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #2963
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I broke down and spent $40 on a game last night. Of course it was MLB 06: The Show and not Maximum Football.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:44 AM   #2964
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
A) I got a saftey on my opponet. They kicked the ball off to me and it looked like a fair catch. The returner got stuck on a blocker. The rest of my player ran toward the opposit goal, the opponets team ran past my ball carrier to my goal and at midfield there were 2 players a blocker and a returned stuck. I finally had to pause the game and save the game, when I reloaded the game my opponet had the ball 1st and 15 from midfield.

This sounds so much like the vibrating electric football game, it's scary.

Last edited by QuikSand : 03-09-2006 at 08:44 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:46 AM   #2965
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
I broke down and spent $40 on a game last night. Of course it was MLB 06: The Show and not Maximum Football.

LOL! I read the start of the post "I broke down and spent $40" then immediately stopped to make a double check on who the poster was cause I was sure I'd seen your name there but now you had me doubting my eyes, then read the rest of your post

FM
Old 03-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #2966
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

It looks like they are making some progress over at Matrix....or not:
Quote:
1) Interceptions - had 4 in the first 8 min. of the 1st quarter.
2) Penalties - have seen several times where the down and the yardage to go are missing from the penalty message.
3) AI - the computer was on the 22 yd line and elected to punt rather than kick a FG?!?
4) Not sure if this is a bug or just the 'mixture' of rules. In US rules (at least NFL and I believe college) when a player runs out of bounds the clock should stop.
5) I had an instance of the computer team running a regular play on 4th down (I was only offered punt formation on defense) which I thought, incidentally, was cool that they would go for it on 4th and short. The computer team gained 50+ yds but instead of getting the first down (it was 4th and 2) I got the ball at the line of scrimmage. No penalties were called that might have given me the ball in this instance BTW.

Definately some improvements over initial release.
ZOMG, they got a ways to go!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #2967
Bee
Pro Starter

I think they need to change the name from Maximum Football to Maximum Sport that vaguely resembles Football
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #2968
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
uh, yeah.

GWsFBAStartOct292006
Matrix Trooper

You know when I posted that I really thought so; however, now all I would need (that was not backed-up) is the playoff explanation to be used as a template for creating a more easier distrubited copy. The computer file was way too large to move between computers, except for CD-Roms and no one opens CD-Roms unless they know more. So I am thinking of doing science project type of thing. I have the materials.
Each of this guy's quotes has me in stitches. It is almost like he has a random sentence generator.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #2969
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Each of this guy's quotes has me in stitches. It is almost like he has a random sentence generator.

He is the gamers equivalent of Oswald Bates from 'In Living Color'
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #2970
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Why does David rub me the wrong way? I am not quite sure. I really want to see how this game turns out when all the patches are done, but it seems he has his mind set on how his believes the game should be built. He seems to dislike when someone mentions "NFL play" as illustrated in these two threads.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1082348
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1080798

Since he designed the game to be played with American, Canadian and indoor rules, I don't quite understand why he has a problem with implementing these items in the game.

And this framerate issue is bothering me even more. Why should it affect the height and distance of a field goal?
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1082449
Old 03-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #2971
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
uh, yeah.

GWsFBAStartOct292006
Matrix Trooper

Ok. This is the first thing that has made me laugh in this entire thread. This guy is a genius. He makes jbmagic read like Shakespeare.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:23 PM   #2972
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Why does David rub me the wrong way? I am not quite sure. I really want to see how this game turns out when all the patches are done, but it seems he has his mind set on how his believes the game should be built. He seems to dislike when someone mentions "NFL play" as illustrated in these two threads.

Since he designed the game to be played with American, Canadian and indoor rules, I don't quite understand why he has a problem with implementing these items in the game.

And this framerate issue is bothering me even more. Why should it affect the height and distance of a field goal?
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1082449

Because terms like "usability lab" and "what the people want" are completely foreign to him?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #2973
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why does David rub me the wrong way?

Hmm.. I don't know.. Probably because he has absolutely no people skills whatsoever?

I'm sorry but, for me, American Football Rules is synonymous with what the NFL does. He just seems to have this extreme beef against the NFL for whatever reason. It's the equivalent of designing a racing game and featuring Open Wheel racing and Stock Car racing with only road courses. Someone says, what about oval tracks and then responding.. "Well.. thats NASCAR specific"

*shrug* Oh well.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #2974
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

He keeps saying "define NFL rules" and making statements that the game doesn't understand NFL specific rules, there is a just a generic rule set out there. Then he goes into detail how the game follows the CFL rules for events. That doesn't make much sense, it appears he's contradicting himself. If the game was supposed to model CFL, Indoor, and NFL, he seems to be putting the kibosh on accurately modeling the NFL.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #2975
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Because terms like "usability lab" and "what the people want" are completely foreign to him?
WOW. just WOW. so basically he's saying that there is no "NFL ruleset" coded into the game? that there are certain NFL rules that the game won't customize to accept.

that's quite a strange choice, and seems like it would turn off a large portion of his potential customers
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #2976
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

heh. BTW, we are less then one page frombeing the first 3,000 post topic in recent FOFC history. we can't let it die now! Just think, the magical 3,000 barrier, guaranteed hall of fame..
Old 03-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #2977
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He seems to dislike when someone mentions "NFL play"

Just a random possibility that just crossed my mind: You think maybe at some point he approached the NFL about licensing or some such and found out that they aren't the easiest (or cheapest) people on earth to deal with?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #2978
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Just a random possibility that just crossed my mind: You think maybe at some point he approached the NFL about licensing or some such and found out that they aren't the easiest (or cheapest) people on earth to deal with?

I don't know. I just get the feeling that he had no interest in catering to American-style football at all. I just think that was just thrown in at the last minute to try to appeal to more people.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #2979
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
heh. BTW, we are less then one page frombeing the first 3,000 post topic in recent FOFC history. we can't let it die now! Just think, the magical 3,000 barrier, guaranteed hall of fame..

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #2980
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA

He mentioned in a previous interview that he would get frustrated as a CFL fan trying to find a game that played the football that he wanted to play. So I think that there might be just some general anti-NFL bias there. This may be his way of thumbing his nose at the millions of people whose version of football kept pushing his off the front page of the sports section as he was growing up.

One could argue, of course, that those millions of people represent millions of potential customers. But I don't think that Daid cares. And that's one thing that I really respect about him--he has not tried to sell this as a game for all people. He has been quick to pull out the "This game may not be for you" card. First to the text simmers and now to NFL fans. I respect it when a company is willing to be honest about the product that it is providing--both in strength and limitation. And one cannot say that WinterValley has not been honest about what the game is not going to be able to do in version 1. (other than the normal puffery about "Maximum Customizability," which is totally expected. Getting upset because the game has not, in fact, reached the theoretical limits of customization is like getting upset because your fabric softener was not, in fact, as fresh as a spring rain. One has to expect tag lines to be more memorable and enticing than true.) I've poked enough fun at MF here. But I want to give them props on something that I think that they have done well.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #2981
MikeVic
Head Coach

Missed a few dozen pages.... but has anyone on FOFC bought the game?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #2982
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Daivd's disdain for the NFL (and likely for most things American) is very, very obvious, from his interviews to his message board postings. It appears to be deeply ingrained.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #2983
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
He mentioned in a previous interview that he would get frustrated as a CFL fan trying to find a game that played the football that he wanted to play. So I think that there might be just some general anti-NFL bias there. This may be his way of thumbing his nose at the millions of people whose version of football kept pushing his off the front page of the sports section as he was growing up.

One could argue, of course, that those millions of people represent millions of potential customers. But I don't think that Daid cares. And that's one thing that I really respect about him--he has not tried to sell this as a game for all people. He has been quick to pull out the "This game may not be for you" card. First to the text simmers and now to NFL fans. I respect it when a company is willing to be honest about the product that it is providing--both in strength and limitation. And one cannot say that WinterValley has not been honest about what the game is not going to be able to do in version 1. (other than the normal puffery about "Maximum Customizability," which is totally expected. Getting upset because the game has not, in fact, reached the theoretical limits of customization is like getting upset because your fabric softener was not, in fact, as fresh as a spring rain. One has to expect tag lines to be more memorable and enticing than true.) I've poked enough fun at MF here. But I want to give them props on something that I think that they have done well.

Interesting post, but I don't think honesty is one of his best traits. When it is adverstised as having rules for American, Canadian and indoor rules, one could expect that it will encompass all and not a few things.

If you have been following him over the years, you would realize that he has promised a number of release dates that never happened. Then he took off for a year to make a career mode. He didn't mention what his version of career mode had until someone called him out on it (He wasn't forthcoming with this information and that still falls into the category of dishonesty).

With all that said, the reason why I am bothered he doesn't want to consider the input that others are asking of him that purchased the game. Even if you read further into that thread, the rule goes for all levels of American football, so it is not strictly an NFL rule. If you are going to advertise American football for your game, you better have the American rules. I was just as upset when I found out TPF didn't have onside kicks and 2-pt conversions. It made no sense to me and Arlie changed this with a patch.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:00 PM   #2984
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
Missed a few dozen pages.... but has anyone on FOFC bought the game?

I believe there have been 3 or 4 people that have purchased it. 2 of them are new posters.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #2985
spcd
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
He also mentioned being tired of playing Football with players he'd never heard of. That's fine, I'm sure there are some ardent fans of Australian Baseball, Vanuatu soccer, or Bolivian rugby, but it's outrageous to even intimate that this game was designed to sim the Amercian game (college or pro) when it clearly wasn't, and the developer doesn't like or understand it. Given the field goal issue, it looks like he might not clearly understand the Canadian rules either though.

Quote:
But I don't think that Daid cares. And that's one thing that I really respect about him--he has not tried to sell this as a game for all people. He has been quick to pull out the "This game may not be for you" card. First to the text simmers and now to NFL fans.
I disagree, and it's just the legal side of fraud how this game has been marketed to sim a style of football which clearly doesn't exist in the game. The fact that they have been so careful in their descriptions, and how customization allows pseudo-non CFL rules emphasises the deliberateness of it all.

If they wanted to sell a CFL game fine, but this is supposed to be a game which handles American, Canadian and indoor, where it clearly doesn't. The Rouge is an option and the rules are mostly Canadian based. It's a little like marketing a soccer game and claiming it handles all form of soccer, yet it's just an MLS sim with the option to turn off shootouts, with the answer to every question questioning missing league is "it's a generic sim and knows nothing about Serie A."

Making a CFL game is one thing, subsidizing your CFL game by pretending it's something else is disgraceful.
spcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #2986
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Quote:
I believe there have been 3 or 4 people that have purchased it. 2 of them are new posters.

And the other two were his mom and his mother-in-law.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:43 PM   #2987
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
I think we should further investigate the goofy red font.

Some would think it may be Loren, but the courier font is throwing me off.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #2988
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ologist
And the other two were his mom and his mother-in-law.

Hey!!!! Look, it wasn't a proud moment.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #2989
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: I think I keep checking this thread in hopes that I see that the original release was some sort of practical joke and real product is now available for download.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #2990
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Wow! The thread that I posted earlier got even worse when they talked about the American rules:

Old 03-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #2991
ShaefIllini
Mascot

Quote:
I don't know. I just get the feeling that he had no interest in catering to American-style football at all. I just think that was just thrown in at the last minute to try to appeal to more people.

Yeah, the "American rules" aspect seems to be something Matrix kind of forced on David when they entered the picture.
ShaefIllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #2992
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaefIllini
Yeah, the "American rules" aspect seems to be something Matrix kind of forced on David when they entered the picture.

That's what he makes it sound like, but that is far from the truth. When I found out about this game years ago, his own website shown that it can play American, Candian and Indoor football. In fact, it is still there. If you even check out his forum, he has screenshots dating back to a few years.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #2993
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Wow! The thread that I posted earlier got even worse when they talked about the American rules:

Well......that was certainly idiotic. Makes you wonder how well Daivd knows the rules of the game. Even if he is a CFL whore, you would think since American football is so popular...and a large percentage of his game's fanbase would probably follow the American game rather than the CFL, he would at least familiarize himself with the rules, especially in something as important as LOS placement.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:13 PM   #2994
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
It's apparent from Daivid's posts that the American rules for Maiximum Football were simply CFL rules on a 100 yard field with 11 players and 4 downs to go 10 yards. He said as much in his post.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #2995
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat
Well......that was certainly idiotic. Makes you wonder how well Daivd knows the rules of the game. Even if he is a CFL whore, you would think since American football is so popular...and a large percentage of his game's fanbase would probably follow the American game rather than the CFL, he would at least familiarize himself with the rules, especially in something as important as LOS placement.

Agreed. Many of his buyers are coming from Football Pro '98. You know, that NFL game.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #2996
Anthony
Banned

World Mustache and Beard Championships

WOW
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #2997
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Was eating some popcorn tonight, so naturally I came back here...

David's Comment in the thread Antmeister Linked:
"At the moment, the game is just given a selection of rules to enforce and it really has no concept of what are NFL/CFL/XFL/Indoor/etc... 'rules'."

David's Maximum Football Website:
"Use Indoor, outdoor, Canadian, or American rules, or any combination thereof."

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Canadian amateur football spots at the 20-yard line any missed field goal attempt returned by the defense out of the endzone but short of the 20-yard line.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 03-09-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:29 PM   #2998
ShaefIllini
Mascot

Quote:
That's what he makes it sound like, but that is far from the truth. When I found out about this game years ago, his own website shown that it can play American, Candian and Indoor football. In fact, it is still there. If you even check out his forum, he has screenshots dating back to a few years.
Yeah, I guess given his history this makes a lot more sense than my comment.
ShaefIllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #2999
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I would like to direct your attention to some trolling that I'm proud of:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm...&key=&#1082124
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #3000
JeeberD
General Manager

3000 posts in this thread!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO