Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #2951
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

And, lest we forget, there is the matter of Dr. Richards' device, late in the possesion of the now departed Quicksilver. Are we to assume that it lies upon the ground, free to be used again, or was it lost in the conflagration in which was consumed our loyal (yet unwise) friend?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #2952
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Dr. Doom picks up the device from Quicksilver's corpse

Just in case.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #2953
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Indeed Silver Surfer, Doom decrees you the Cosmic Pimp Daddy.

High praise, my Lord. I look forward to activating the Pimp Power Cosmic very soon.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #2954
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
And, lest we forget, there is the matter of Dr. Richards' device, late in the possesion of the now departed Quicksilver. Are we to assume that it lies upon the ground, free to be used again, or was it lost in the conflagration in which was consumed our loyal (yet unwise) friend?

Another thought, of which I conceive only after re-reading my previous comment: What then of Richards? It seems Pietro was willing to die to use the device on Mr. Fantastic. Might there be credibility to his suspicions?

I, and others, have espoused trust in Reed. Our own lord and master Victor in fact has placed Dr. Richards at his most trusted position.

It bears contemplating.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #2955
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

There is a possibility that the Vision shall not be available much, or at all Tuesday. I expect to be in at some point before the deadline of our attacks, but i am not sure. Therefore, I shall place my attack upon the one individual against whom I believe a reasonably sturdy case can be made:

ATTACK NICK FURY
Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #2956
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

ORDER AARDWOLF TO GUARD VISION
Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #2957
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Very well, Vision. Lord Doom must retire to his castle. Tomorrow shall bring the end to more traitors. Doom's rule will last a milennia.

ALL HAIL DOOM
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #2958
Punisher
High School JV

Firebird, I only regret changing my attack to you after initially having it on the rebel.

Tell my family I will join them once I exact my punishment.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #2959
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Another thought, of which I conceive only after re-reading my previous comment: What then of Richards? It seems Pietro was willing to die to use the device on Mr. Fantastic. Might there be credibility to his suspicions?

I, and others, have espoused trust in Reed. Our own lord and master Victor in fact has placed Dr. Richards at his most trusted position.

It bears contemplating.

Vision, quite frankly I think Quicksilver was confused. I think he thought Dr. Richard's device was the one that "killed" Firebird and would kill him could he get it away from him and use it on Richards himself. I think he had this neat power that he wanted to use before the game was over and be a hero at the same time. I don't think there was any pre-information there that Quicksilver had on him.

Now having said that, I've already said I'm not sure I trust Reed yet. And who knows what will have happened to him in the Negative Zone should he return to us.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #2960
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

ORDER AARDWOLF TO GUARD VISION

And with that, it appears that I must do diagnostic work on my voice actuator. I hope to see you all again soon, but cannot count on it.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #2961
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Sadly the device was shattered beyond repair during the flurry of assaults laid upon Quicksilver.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #2962
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Indeed Cable, you speak wisely. Those who struck Firebird too.
I moved my attack only as I saw fit. Had some of the information that was made known later been revealed, I doubt my attack would have been moved as such.

Do not believe for a second I serve for anyone but you and to deal punishment. That's the only reason I live. I'd give myself a blast to the head before helping a rebel.

I tire now. Sleep will only bring back the nightmares...but that's all I have. That, punishment, and death.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:48 PM   #2963
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Sadly the device was shattered beyond repair during the flurry of assaults laid upon Quicksilver.
We can only hope Fantastic Sam stuffed some spare parts in his pockets before heading over. I sure hope he pulls off some McGuyver stunts.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #2964
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Firebird, I only regret changing my attack to you after initially having it on the rebel.

Tell my family I will join them once I exact my punishment.

I bear no ill will to any, and will immediately relay your requested information upon my arrival.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 AM   #2965
hoopsguy
General Manager

Results will be going up a little later this morning as a by-product of late results last night. I'll expect to post results somewhere in the 7-8 AM CST timeframe.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 AM   #2966
Punisher
High School JV

Good thing I can't punish the moderators.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:42 AM   #2967
Mimic
High School JV

Well good deal we got a rebel. I wasn't really sure about Beast at all...especially late in the day.

I think we have some things to look at based on yesterday's actions and I'm glad both Beast/Firebird and Quicksilver/Mr. Fantastic situations were resolved...although not really well.

My availability today will be intermittent as I have to work and participate in a two hour teleconference this afternoon.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:19 AM   #2968
Quicksilver
n00b

bah
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:37 AM   #2969
IronFist
n00b

More late results, huh? I will try to get back and check things out, but Rand Industries is going to be extremely busy today.

Since I don't know what will be on deck for the day, I will give an early attack.

Nick didn't give much of a reason for his secret attack. If I am standing in the AM:

STANDARD ATTACK NICK FURY

I will do my best to check in and sign up for a mission when we see what is on the table.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 AM   #2970
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Wow, I almost screwed the pooch a second time. Sorry about that, all. I still maintain the right call was to go somewhere other than Beast/Firebird yesterday, since we would have got Beast eventually.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:43 AM   #2971
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Wow, I almost screwed the pooch a second time. Sorry about that, all. I still maintain the right call was to go somewhere other than Beast/Firebird yesterday, since we would have got Beast eventually.

And I still maintain you are wrong. Giving an evil an extra night to perform a kill/night action is almost never a good idea in my mind. Who knows what powers his fellow evils have and what they could have done to protect him from the lynch overnight.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:01 AM   #2972
thephoenix
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
And I still maintain you are wrong. Giving an evil an extra night to perform a kill/night action is almost never a good idea in my mind. Who knows what powers his fellow evils have and what they could have done to protect him from the lynch overnight.
I agree with the Witch. Of course if we'd had Mr. Fury's information before, I would have been on the Beast like a pack of ravenous dogs. But given what we knew, I think figuring out who was good while taking a shot at someone else was the right method.
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:06 AM   #2973
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Indeed Cable, you speak wisely. Those who struck Firebird too.

I moved as well. I did so because I didn't have much of a read on anyone involved but thought it best to work with my teammate from S.H.I.E.L.D. and because, frankly, I thought it best to get a read from a person that is supposedly dying anyway in order to get the information before offing yet another non-wolf. I screwed up but I stand by my reasoning.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:09 AM   #2974
hoopsguy
General Manager

PMs to begin going out now. Results to follow shortly.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #2975
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephoenix View Post
I agree with the Witch. Of course if we'd had Mr. Fury's information before, I would have been on the Beast like a pack of ravenous dogs. But given what we knew, I think figuring out who was good while taking a shot at someone else was the right method.

Agreed. Nick Fury's late admission really hurt us. I doubt many of us would have gone anywhere but with Beast. Quicksilver's blunder notwithstanding.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #2976
SilverSamurai
n00b

I will be around before today's final deadline to contribute more and offer up an attack, but I wanted to make it known again that I am still available for a mission today, any mission Doom wants to send me (rebel or Galactacus).
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:36 AM   #2977
Aardwolf
n00b

I will most likely not be available for much of the day until sometime after 5 EST. I will be back for the end of the day deadline but not during the daytime and mission stuff. This seems fine as it looks like I was ordered to guard tonight so that wowuld keep me from a mission anyway.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #2978
Punisher
High School JV

This is likely the last 'work' day that I'll be available during the day. I've got a lot of punishment to deal out the rest of the week.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:38 AM   #2979
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
I will most likely not be available for much of the day until sometime after 5 EST. I will be back for the end of the day deadline but not during the daytime and mission stuff. This seems fine as it looks like I was ordered to guard tonight so that wowuld keep me from a mission anyway.
That would have kept you from a mission yesterday, not today.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #2980
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
I am saddened (and weary) at my contribution to Quicksilver's demise. Yet this is a glorious day, for we have our first traitor corpse! I for one am surprised, because I had believed Beast over Firebird's version of events.

I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts of those who attacked Firebird, now that we see the treachery of her foil.

An important question:

Do we think that the rebels believed Firebird when she said she was going to die today? If so, I imagine the rebels would place their attack somewhere else (like on Quicksilver) since Firebird was already "taken care of."

I think we should first take a close look at the people whose attack was not on Beast or on Firebird.

Anyone have the attack list on hand?
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #2981
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
That would have kept you from a mission yesterday, not today.

I was informed that request counted for tonight, not last night.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #2982
Punisher
High School JV

Oh, by the way,

LEAVE TEAM SHIELD
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 AM   #2983
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
I was informed that request counted for tonight, not last night.
I will be attacking the moderators if that's the case.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #2984
hoopsguy
General Manager

The forces of Doom now have a ray of hope in their battle against the Rebellion. Many seem eager to parlay that knowledge, looking for logical connections between Beast and others. There is definitely a buzz in the air this evening.

One person who is not buzzing in the morning is HenryPym. He appears to have been squashed with in his "ant" form, and is now a stain that won't easily come out of the carpet.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #2985
Punisher
High School JV

I'm leaving SHIELD because of the whole Nick Fury thing. Since you should all know about my grenade 'ability' by now, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want me to join your group...though I would like to eventually join one.

Then again, I've been a loner since Frank Castle died for the most part.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:46 AM   #2986
hoopsguy
General Manager

There are still a few PMs to be sent - those should be going out when I return from dropping my daughter off a daycare, likely in about 45 minutes.

Also, the Mission and Galactus will be processed at 4PM this afternoon.

Finally, I'll also be updating Post #2 upon my return, but HenryPym was a "villager" and Mr.Fantastic is once again with you.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #2987
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The forces of Doom now have a ray of hope in their battle against the Rebellion. Many seem eager to parlay that knowledge, looking for logical connections between Beast and others. There is definitely a buzz in the air this evening.

One person who is not buzzing in the morning is HenryPym. He appears to have been squashed with in his "ant" form, and is now a stain that won't easily come out of the carpet.

Sorry to interject into the game... but anyone with toddlers might be familiar with "Word World" .. This write up made me think of the episode "There is an Ant in every Giant!" Ok, sorry about that.. back to your daily hero/villan stuff!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #2988
Punisher
High School JV

Interesting. I had actually harbored a little suspicion of Henry myself.

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't see any action last night.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #2989
Punisher
High School JV

At least Spandex Man is back. Good to have you back. How did you pull it off?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #2990
Punisher
High School JV

Count me in the crew waiting for the PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #2991
Aardwolf
n00b

Is there a reason to trust Punisher?

That is something that will be dealt with later, for now let's put this one out of her misery. I am not getting a good scent from anyone at this point.

attack Scarlet Witch
Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #2992
Punisher
High School JV

Try and 'deal' with me all you want. You'll find yourself at the end of a shotgun blast. I am here only to deal out punishment and to serve Doom. I volunteered to guard last night. What have you done?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #2993
Punisher
High School JV

By what have you done, I mean, other than posting once yesterday that "you thought quicksilver smelled funny"?

Sounds like you have a lot less to offer than most.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #2994
Punisher
High School JV

I assume we'll know more as some of us wake up and share what information they have.

I wish hoops had got my PM to me!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #2995
Punisher
High School JV

All Hail Doom!

By the way, has anyone had a read on Cable? I can't say one way or the other, I haven't discovered a reason to trust or distrust him.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #2996
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Doom, I have returned from the negative zone with grave news. In my limited time there, I came upon the knowledge that Annihilus has prepared for an attack upon our planet. If we are to allow for him to bring the fight to us, I weep for the fate of our planet.

If we organize now, and bring the fight to him instead, we can possibly suprise him and catch him offguard. I urge you to act immediately upon this information as I returned as quickly as I possibly could in order to hopefully be of time.

I hope that you can understand that I did not spend much more time exploring the negative zone while there and can not comment further on anything else there. My beliefs were confirmed however that it does not look to be sufficient for trapping someone of low trust, as their ability to move around within that zone is too great. It seems best suited for those that we trust the most to travel to instead.

(ooc: Hoopsguy is going to provide more information on Annihilus when he gets back I believe, for today's "rebel mission")
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #2997
Punisher
High School JV

I gladly volunteer, though I have just 4 EP to contribute.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #2998
Punisher
High School JV

Ultimately, though, I will do as Doom commands.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #2999
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Is there a reason to trust Punisher?

That is something that will be dealt with later, for now let's put this one out of her misery. I am not getting a good scent from anyone at this point.

attack Scarlet Witch

I don't recall letting you sniff me in the first place. So, why me of all people?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #3000
Cable
Mascot

I fully believe that Nick Fury is the Herald.

I don't know how much I will be around today. So...

STANDARD ATTACK NICK FURY
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote