Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #251
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I have a tad bit of inside intel here...and oh boy.
Remind me and I'll post a whale of a story after NSD...this one is crazy.

Robert is still a great kid and I'll pull for him wherever he ends up. And if I were a betting man, Id wager Ill get to watch him a bunch the next few years,

I smell a crazy mother story coming.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #252
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So, I don't know where to post this, but I think the scheduling we are getting plus being on ESPN will help with some recruiting at BYU.

This would be the season I might end up traveling to Provo a lot from Buffalo if I can afford to. Texas, Utah, Georgia Tech and Boise are all coming to Provo. With games against Virginia, Houston, Utah State and Wisconsin it is one hell of a schedule. I think Hawaii will be the weakest of our opponents in the entire schedule. We can add an extra game here with us going to Hawaii, I don't think we will.

Aug. 31 -- at Virginia
Sept. 7 -- Texas
Sept. 14 --
Sept. 21 -- Utah
Sept. 28 --
Oct. 4 -- at Utah State
Oct. 12 -- Georgia Tech
Oct. 19 -- at Houston
Oct. 26 -- Boise State
Nov. 2 --
Nov. 9 -- at Wisconsin
Nov. 16 -- Middle Tennessee State
Nov. 23 -- at Notre Dame
Nov. 30 --
Dec. 7 -- at Hawaii
BOWL: Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco vs. Pac-12 #6
We have Notre Dame coming to Provo this year (Date not sure) with Virginia, Houston, Utah State and Southern Miss. We are playing at Texas, Boise and Middle Tennessee so far. We will add a few more games.

Aug. 30 -- ??
Sept. 6 -- at Texas
Sept. 13 -- ????
Sept. 20 -- Virginia
Sept. 27 -- Houston
Oct. 4 -- Utah State
Oct. 11 -- ???
Oct. 18 -- Hawaii
Oct. 25 -- at Boise State
Nov. 1 -- at Middle Tennessee State
Nov. 8 -- Southern Mississippi
Nov. 15 -- UNLV
Nov. 22 -- ????

Is BYU going to add two more games to their schedule? Or is that possibility dead and gone at this point? I see 11 games scheduled, but they can get 12, and I think the @Hawaii rule is still in effect, meaning they can get a 13th.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #253
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
That one could go down to the wire. Even if he flips to UCLA now, I'd guess Stanford keeps working him.

Stanford was eliminated. Tamu is the concern
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #254
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Is BYU going to add two more games to their schedule? Or is that possibility dead and gone at this point? I see 11 games scheduled, but they can get 12, and I think the @Hawaii rule is still in effect, meaning they can get a 13th.

They have another one coming...but for 13, I don't think so with how brutal it is considering we will be starting a Sophomore at QB that was injured this season. We lose a ton of talent too..
Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #255
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wait, BYU is already slotted in a bowl game?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #256
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Wait, BYU is already slotted in a bowl game?

Yeah, going independent they have been able to negotiate bowl tie ins if they qualify up until 2014..

This year is the Poinsettia Bowl, next year will be the Fight Hunger Bowl...
Old 11-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #257
MrBug708
Head Coach

What's up with Brayden Kearsley?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #258
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
What's up with Brayden Kearsley?

He is still committed but is tripping now due to the horrible show of our OL this year. I think he is watching our OL situation seriously and going to take a wait and see approach.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #259
MrBug708
Head Coach

It's rumored that OSU leads
Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #260
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's rumored that OSU leads
That's what I'm reading too. His official visits will reportedly be to Washington, Oregon State, UCLA, Arizona State and BYU.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #261
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247
Indianapolis North Central Top100 DL Darius Latham tells me he decommitted from Wisconsin. http://wisconsin.247...-has-13149131 … via @247Sports

Another 4-star player decommits from a Big Ten team and is rumored to be bound for IU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
THat would sting...

Latham committed to IU tonight. That is the 4th 4-star defender to commit to IU this year. Score one for the good guys!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #262
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
#1 G in the nation David Dawson decommitted from Michigan and will obviously look at other schools. Hoke's policy is if you look elsewhere after you commit, Michigan doesn't keep coming after you. He's a Cass Tech guy, which is a virtual pipeline for Michigan. It will be interesting to see where he goes because I don't see him coming back.

He was reoffered by Michigan after a "heart-to-heart" talk with Hoke. He still scheduled visits a couple of days ago for MSU, OSU, and 'Bama so nothing is written in stone as of yet.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #263
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hoke realizing Michigan isn't in a position to turn away from an elite OL

Last edited by MrBug708 : 11-30-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #264
MacroGuru
Coordinator

BYU was able to get WR Tanner Shipley who pulled his commit earlier and was rumored for Oregon State. He reaffirmed his commitment to BYU and we signed a 2* DB from Farmington, UT. DB with the last name of Preator.

Looks like a Juco LB Auston Johnson is eyeing BYU. He has offers coming in from Texas A&M, Portland State, UTEP and now BYU. He was being recruited by Ohio State but something fell through for his visit there.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 11-30-2012 at 03:27 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #265
MrBug708
Head Coach

Im of the firm belief that if Mike Riley offers you, you probably can go anywhere in the country
Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #266
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
BYU was able to get WR Tanner Shipley who pulled his commit earlier and was rumored for Oregon State. He reaffirmed his commitment to BYU
I was sorry to see that, always hate to see the local guys go somewhere else. But we already have 3 commits at WR and it sounds like John Ross enjoyed his trip, so we should be okay at the position.
Here’s the link on Ross Pac-12 Recruiting: WR John Ross up for grabs - CBSSports.com

Quote:
Im of the firm belief that if Mike Riley offers you, you probably can go anywhere in the country
The sad thing is how much shit he takes on the Oregon State message boards because the guys he recruits don’t have a ton of stars. I swear, there is nothing more embarrassing than the idiot fans of your own school.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #267
MrBug708
Head Coach

A few notes (Mostly UCLA, some PAC-12)

4* WR Massington has decommited from USC and will take a look around
5* DL Vanderdoes is still committed to USC, but is looking around at Oregon and UCLA
4* OT Nico Falah is committed to USC but is looking at Oregon
3* OT Erik Bunte has decommitted from UCLA and looks like it could be ASU
5* DB Priest Willis will announce at the...UA? game. Been reported that he's been a silent to UCLA since the summer. We'll know for sure here soon enough
4* MLB Isaac Savaiinaea will pick between UCLA and TAMU
4* OLB Myles Jack will pick between UW and UCLA, I think UCLA holds on to him
4* OT Kenny Lacy is getting pushed hard by Ohio State
4* CB Johnny Johnson will pick between UCLA and Stanford, but looks like UCLA
4* CB Tahaan Goodman is feeling UCLA, but he's long been rumored a USC silent
4* TE Thomas Duarte is looking for reasons to not commit to UCLA. He's been feeling Oregon pretty hard lately
4* WR Devon Allen is going to wait til the end to decide. Oregon is coming on strong after being previously thought of as a UCLA lean.
4* WR John Ross is feeling UW
4* OG Caleb Benoch from Texas, would be a shock to go anywhere but UCLA
Old 12-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #268
MrBug708
Head Coach

Danny Mattingly and ND have parted ways
Old 12-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #269
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
4* OT Nico Falah is committed to USC but is looking at Oregon
...and visiting Washington this weekend.

Quote:
4* OLB Myles Jack will pick between UW and UCLA, I think UCLA holds on to him
We'll see. He doesn't have deep roots in the PNW, having moved here a few years ago from Georgia, but his immediate family is up here now. From what I've read, it sounds like he's totally up in the air right now.

UW and UCLA are going after a lot of the same guys. Should be interesting to see if Sark & Mora are still good buddies after this Signing Day.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #270
Logan
Head Coach

Here's an interesting one: Rutgers just got a commit from a punter, Dean Crozier. Dude is about to turn 24, is Australian...and is 6'7", 240 lbs. Scout has him as a 3* and the #6 punter in the class.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #271
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
BYU was able to get WR Tanner Shipley who pulled his commit earlier and was rumored for Oregon State. He reaffirmed his commitment to BYU and we signed a 2* DB from Farmington, UT. DB with the last name of Preator.

Looks like a Juco LB Auston Johnson is eyeing BYU. He has offers coming in from Texas A&M, Portland State, UTEP and now BYU. He was being recruited by Ohio State but something fell through for his visit there.

We need that other kid from Oregon to recommit now......
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #272
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
We need that other kid from Oregon to recommit now......
Kearsley? Sounds like Oregon State leads now, and Washington is gaining.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #273
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Kearsley? Sounds like Oregon State leads now, and Washington is gaining.

That would be him

I know Mom is pushing BYU, but sounds like he has OSU a good step above the Y and U Dub.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #274
BYU 14
Coordinator

3 star OLB Johnny Ragin from Oregon commits to BYU. Good get for the Cougars, he is a Kyle Van Noy type who had offers from Cal, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon State and Wyoming with interest from Oregon, UCLA and WSU. He is a great fit for our 3-4 defense.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #275
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

6'6". 280. Freshman.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #276
MrBug708
Head Coach

I dont think UCLA was ever going to recruit Ragin, but he has a great name
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #277
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

ND lands #2 RB according to ESPN.

Greg Bryant, No. 2 running back recruit, commits to Notre Dame Fighting Irish - ESPN

Last edited by Matthean : 12-09-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #278
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Nice pickup with Jamel James allegedly looking around. The 3 big targets left imo are Redfield, Al-Quadin Muhammad, and Vanderdoes.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #279
MrBug708
Head Coach

I dont think Vanderdoes goes with ND
Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #280
Logan
Head Coach

I do think AQM goes with ND.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #281
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I don't have a read on any of them, but those are the 3 highly-ranked players we seem to have a shot at at important positions (DL, S).

ND also added their 4th JR commitment in the top OL from Ohio. Not too relevant to this thread, but a disturbing harbinger of how the recruiting game is changing. I don't think football will quite get to the same level, but in lacrosse the top couple schools (UVa, Hopkins, UNC) are essentially done with recruiting 2015's (a.k.a. sophomores) at this point, and there are probably about 10-15 2016's already committed before they step foot on a high school field, have a semester's worth of grades, take even the PSAT, etc. All it takes is one big school getting elite players to commit earlier and everyone else will jump on board.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #282
MrBug708
Head Coach

There are probably a lot less lacrosse scholarships available, so you might as well jump on one early, no?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #283
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
There are probably a lot less lacrosse scholarships available, so you might as well jump on one early, no?
13.6 per team, and only about 65 D1 schools, so full rides are very rare, but with 50 players per team I don't think the number of roster spots is drastically out of proportion vs. football if you account for how many people play HS football vs. how many play lacrosse. Either way, I don't blame any kid for accepting an offer (and there is definitely pressure to do so now, because the slots at those top schools are disappearing earlier and earlier), it's the coaches who are at fault (and the NCAA who won't step in to mandate anything). First of all, how accurately can you judge and project players when they're 3-4 years away from stepping on a college campus, and then morally I don't like that it's forcing kids to make that decision so much earlier than their peers.

Football relies so much on physical development I have a hard time seeing them go to that extreme outside of the rare 8th grade QB or 7th grader who is 6'2 200 and runs a 4.6 40, but there seems to be a definite increase and a trend that's worth watching.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #284
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
13.6 per team, and only about 65 D1 schools, so full rides are very rare, but with 50 players per team I don't think the number of roster spots is drastically out of proportion vs. football if you account for how many people play HS football vs. how many play lacrosse. Either way, I don't blame any kid for accepting an offer (and there is definitely pressure to do so now, because the slots at those top schools are disappearing earlier and earlier), it's the coaches who are at fault (and the NCAA who won't step in to mandate anything). First of all, how accurately can you judge and project players when they're 3-4 years away from stepping on a college campus, and then morally I don't like that it's forcing kids to make that decision so much earlier than their peers.

Football relies so much on physical development I have a hard time seeing them go to that extreme outside of the rare 8th grade QB or 7th grader who is 6'2 200 and runs a 4.6 40, but there seems to be a definite increase and a trend that's worth watching.

A lot of those lax scholies get paired with academic ones as well (deserved or not)
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #285
MrBug708
Head Coach

Caleb Benoch, the number 9 of offensive guard in the nation by scout, verbals to UCLA
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #286
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

UCLA lands Scout's #9-ranked OG Caleb Bennenoch out of Texas over Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas and Oklahoma. Great get for the Bruins--unusually for a freshman he is considered to already have the size and strength to come in and compete right away for a starting spot (much like OG Alex Redmond, who committed on Friday).

UCLA has a very good offensive line recruit class now, up to 8, with a center, three guards, and four tackles. The trick will be holding onto all of them.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #287
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Caleb Benoch, the number 9 of offensive guard in the nation by scout, verbals to UCLA

Shoot. I decide to give a little more info, and as a result, you beat me to the punch.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #288
MrBug708
Head Coach

And we both spelled his name incorrectly
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #289
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And we both spelled his name incorrectly

Well, at least I got the right number of syllables.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #290
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
A lot of those lax scholies get paired with academic ones as well (deserved or not)
NCAA's cracked down on teams playing loose with those rules a fair amount (and ended up hurting poorer kids, since now any need-based financial aid for a player receiving even $1 of athletic scholarship money comes out of the lacrosse team's scholarship budget), and from what I see due to that (and the general affluence of many top players) it's rarely about using lacrosse to get an undeserved academic scholarship and save money, but instead using lacrosse to get into a better academic school than their grades alone would permit. Lacrosse is definitely a much different decision than football/basketball/hockey - with no real professional money at stake, it's really about setting up the 40 year decision instead of solely which team gives you the best chance to go pro.

From what I've heard - and I've never had any players who would qualify, so I haven't actually looked into it - the biggest loophole that Syracuse has used actually isn't academic, but that many Six Nations members can attend the university for free.
Quote:
UCLA lands Scout's #9-ranked OG Caleb Bennenoch out of Texas over Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas and Oklahoma. Great get for the Bruins--unusually for a freshman he is considered to already have the size and strength to come in and compete right away for a starting spot (much like OG Alex Redmond, who committed on Friday).

UCLA has a very good offensive line recruit class now, up to 8, with a center, three guards, and four tackles. The trick will be holding onto all of them.
I know you're supposed to really judge numbers by position every 2 years, but 8 OL seems a little high.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #291
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know you're supposed to really judge numbers by position every 2 years, but 8 OL seems a little high.

It is definitely high, so there is certainly some risk there. Fact is, UCLA has had a run of bad luck with linemen of late (read: the Neuheisel years). They had a strong class in 2009 with Sua-Filo, Nic Abele, Jeff Baca, Stan Hasiak, and a couple very solid JC linemen that were supposed to rejuvenate a position group that really needed the help coming off of the Dorrell years. Abele had to take a medical retirement, and Hasiak flunked out. Then Sua-Filo left on his mission after his All American freshman year. One of the JC guys didn't pan out, and the other was out of the program in two year (of course). So Baca (senior starter this year) was the only one from the class to really contribute until Sua-Filo came back this season. UCLA also lost their best linemen from the next class in Chris Ward and Wade Yandall to medical retirement.

That kind of attrition led to UCLA starting three freshmen this year on the line (including a true freshman), along with Baca and Sua-Filo. And by all reports the depth behind those guys was not filled with high quality players.

So that's why you see the big run on linemen. The coaches can literally sell them on the chance to start or to play early, because the quality and talent in this class is likely to surpass all but the returning starters (and maybe them, too).

Of the eight committed, I think Quessenberry, Redmond, Lopez and Dowling are completely solid. Dowling is going to be an EE. Benenoch I only don't give the solid to because he's from Texas and his Mom wanted him to go to Baylor. Moala seems very solid as well, but I know UDub is still trying with him. Lacy (Arizona kid) and Morris (Tennessee kid) are the most at risk because they're out of state. Most UCLA fans are expecting the new UT coach to make a run at Morris, who is probably the best of the tackles committed.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #292
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
NCAA's cracked down on teams playing loose with those rules a fair amount (and ended up hurting poorer kids, since now any need-based financial aid for a player receiving even $1 of athletic scholarship money comes out of the lacrosse team's scholarship budget), and from what I see due to that (and the general affluence of many top players) it's rarely about using lacrosse to get an undeserved academic scholarship and save money, but instead using lacrosse to get into a better academic school than their grades alone would permit. Lacrosse is definitely a much different decision than football/basketball/hockey - with no real professional money at stake, it's really about setting up the 40 year decision instead of solely which team gives you the best chance to go pro.

From what I've heard - and I've never had any players who would qualify, so I haven't actually looked into it - the biggest loophole that Syracuse has used actually isn't academic, but that many Six Nations members can attend the university for free.I know you're supposed to really judge numbers by position every 2 years, but 8 OL seems a little high.

need based yes but academic scholarships too, at least back in my day. This applied to D3 too (and i'm sure all sports not just lax).

yeah, it's definately about getting a kid into the school based on lax.

I think you're over estimating the "setting up the next 40 years" tho. It's more about, "where did i have the best party?" I've never been a big partier so that was a little weird for me but it was fun to see.

Yeah I wouldn't doubt it about the 6 nations stuff but I think part of it is the box aspect too. I know we recruited canadians at Canisius due to this, and we were Canisius for goodness sake
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #293
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Moala seems very solid as well, but I know UDub is still trying with him..
His mom really wants him at UCLA to be close to home. He's saying all the right things lately about really wanting to be at UCLA, but at least this summer (when he committed to Washington) he and his mom were not in agreement, and one of his aunts (who lives in the Seattle area) was extremely excited about him picking the Huskies.

That fact, plus the fact his good bud Demorea Stringfellow is 100% to Washington is partly why the coaches are still working him hard. We'll see. Huskies could certainly use a few true OT types in this class; the guys they have committed now are really more interior players. Sounds like they're doing a good job of possibly flipping Nico Falah from USC, but they would love to take at least 2 more OT prospects.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #294
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think Nico thought he would always be able to flip to UCLA depending on how the season went, but the Bruins played hardball and stopped answering his phone calls. I think he has buyers remorse with USC.

Jermaine Kelly decommits from UCLA after a visit from UCLA coaches and after a weekend visit with Boise. I think he likely ends up with USC at the expense of Larue
Old 12-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #295
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Jermaine Kelly decommits from UCLA after a visit from UCLA coaches and after a weekend visit with Boise. I think he likely ends up with USC at the expense of Larue
Interesting. I'm not sure if Kelly is still looking at Washington (or if Washington is looking at him) but he was a guy widely expected to commit to the Huskies the same summer weekend they got 7 other commitments (and some in fact thought he had committed). I know Tosh & co. are working hard to flip Ramsey from USC.

As for Nico, yeah - not sure what his stance is with USC, but it sure sounds like he's going to flip to the UW.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #296
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Part of the problem on the OL for Washington really has been that they've had trouble getting actual OT types to commit. Thus they end up playing guys better suited for inside out there.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #297
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think Nico thought he would always be able to flip to UCLA depending on how the season went, but the Bruins played hardball and stopped answering his phone calls. I think he has buyers remorse with USC.

I'll be shocked if Kelly ends up at USC... they have bigger fish to fry. They had a very good recruiting weekend and may have gotten Redfield back as well as adding a 5 star DT.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #298
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Larue on the other end won't end up at USC either... I think he is being encouraged to look around. Him and Massington are victims of the reduced numbers (not to mention Massington's decision to camp secretly at Tennessee after he was told not, then he hurts himself at that camp.. then he fails to take care of his academics and become an EE at USC like he was supposed to...)
Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #299
MrBug708
Head Coach

Massington will still likely be an EE.

Who is USC looking to add at DB? It looks like Willis is gone and Goodman is looking less likely?

Lane really likes not recruiting OL for himself

Last edited by MrBug708 : 12-11-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #300
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Massington will still likely be an EE.

Who is USC looking to add at DB? It looks like Willis is gone and Goodman is looking less likely?

Lane really likes not recruiting OL for himself

Yes, Massington can be an EE somewhere, but he didn't get a core class that USC requires...

Hawkins (EE), Ramsey, Cravens (EE), Redfield (although he could end up at WR), Leon McQuay III, and one surprise 5 star they are still pursuing.

USC has a bunch of linemen who are young and have potential, they just need to be developed. Tuerk, Walker, Banner, Simmons, Martin, Hobbi, Martinez, Graf, Garness, Di Poalo, Wheeler, Guertler, etc. They aren't short on linemen, but they definitely need to develop them better. And USC is in the hunt for the #1 Juco T in the country who is about 6'8 300.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-11-2012 at 12:52 PM.