Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #251
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Whats the point in punting there? Falcons really think Packers were going to try and add another one or what?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #252
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Just read that those 48 points were a Packers playoff record.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #253
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
The Packers' punter could've telecommuted today.

The fans won't stand for him stealing money like this much longer...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #254
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Whats the point in punting there? Falcons really think Packers were going to try and add another one or what?

The Falcons? That was a give up. Down by 27 with 40 seconds left.. only thing you'll do is get someone injured really.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #255
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
The Falcons? That was a give up. Down by 27 with 40 seconds left.. only thing you'll do is get someone injured really.

Exactly. If I'm a defensive player and they try to run a play on 4th down I am looking to bury someone in the turf.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #256
Radii
Head Coach

What Worse? Atlanta second quarter or Baltimore third quarter?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #257
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Exactly. If I'm a defensive player and they try to run a play on 4th down I am looking to bury someone in the turf.

I guess if I was worried about getting someone injured I would have just knelt down with my QB and not punted it away. Its not like the Packers were going to do anything else but kneel down thats why I didnt understand the punt.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #258
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
What Worse? Atlanta second quarter or Baltimore third quarter?

Id say Baltimore because they literally gave away a pretty large lead for a game most predicted would be a defensive game.

The Falcons were just overmatched IMO.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #259
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I guess if I was worried about getting someone injured I would have just knelt down with my QB and not punted it away. Its not like the Packers were going to do anything else but kneel down thats why I didnt understand the punt.

Ahh.. true.

I guess they didn't want it to look like a complete give up in the flow of a game. 4th down = punt.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 01-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #260
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ahh.. true.

I guess they didn't want it to look like a complete give up in the flow of a game. 4th down = punt.

BTW congrats! Im not sure what it is but I find myself cheering for the Packers a lot more than I should being a Vikings fan. I think its that I have a mancrush on Aaron Rodgers or something. I think his days of being underrated are soon to be over.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-15-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #261
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
BTW congrats! Im not sure what it is but I find myself cheering for the Packers a lot more than I should being a Vikings fan. I think its that I have a mancrush on Aaron Rodgers or something.

*L* Thanks.

There is no way I thought they would be in this position after that Redskins loss with the injuries they had. Ted has the golden touch with pickups this year for the most part.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #262
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

OOOOOOOOH BABY!

What a freakin' game. Seriously.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #263
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
*L* Thanks.

There is no way I thought they would be in this position after that Redskins loss with the injuries they had. Ted has the golden touch with pickups this year for the most part.

Amen to that. These coaches have done an amazing job with the talent they've had to use this year. And the guys have really stepped up their game, especially these last few weeks.

PS - It is still a travesty that Tramon is not a Pro Bowler.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #264
cuervo72
Head Coach

I may be a bit of a fuddy-duddy here...but isn't the whole "title belt" action rather unsportsmanlike? Seems like blatant taunting to me.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #265
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I may be a bit of a fuddy-duddy here...but isn't the whole "title belt" action rather unsportsmanlike? Seems like blatant taunting to me.

He hasn't used that as much this year. If I recall, he didn't do it in the game until the drive where they scored after Abraham did it after the sack.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #266
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
PS - It is still a travesty that Tramon is not a Pro Bowler.

If they make the Super Bowl, won't matter.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #267
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
2. kingfc22 has some serious problems with the Steelers for whatever reason.

Could it be because they were absolutely handed their last Super Bowl win? Or that their QB is a rapist? Or that Ward and Harrison are two of the dirtiest players in the league? Might as well add Kemoeatu to that list after his two cheap shots today.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #268
kingfc22
Head Coach

At least both Championship games next week will be played outdoors.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #269
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
If they make the Super Bowl, won't matter.

Touche!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #270
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
He hasn't used that as much this year. If I recall, he didn't do it in the game until the drive where they scored after Abraham did it after the sack.

Yup - and plus it's just a damn cool celebration, no matter what others say

Plus it led to this image by one of my Twitter buddies: "The visual story of the belt war between Aaron Rodgers and John Abraham. http://tinyurl.com/4jsa25s "

Last edited by PackerFanatic : 01-16-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #271
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Could it be because they were absolutely handed their last Super Bowl win? Or that their QB is a rapist? Or that Ward and Harrison are two of the dirtiest players in the league? Might as well add Kemoeatu to that list after his two cheap shots today.

The Cardinals game was handed to them? WTF? You don't like Ben but you'll cheer for a murderer? Ward has a reputation, but don't fall into the media bullshit that Harrison is one of the dirtiest players in the league. If these guys were on your team you'd like them. I know one of the Kemoeatu plays you're talking about, and stuff happens I don't know. But what was the second cheap shot?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #272
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
The Cardinals game was handed to them? WTF?

I think he's probably referring to the Super Bowl in which they played Seattle.

EDIT: Oh, he said "their last Super Bowl"....I guess he could mean the TD pass at the end of the game where the receiver might not have gotten both feet down.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:45 AM   #273
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post

your team fucking sucks and probably cheets.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:07 AM   #274
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

You can hate on the Steelers but its hard to hate the way they play. I can think of a lot dirtier players than Hines Ward.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:49 AM   #275
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The Packers just scored again.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:17 AM   #276
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
The Cardinals game was handed to them? WTF? You don't like Ben but you'll cheer for a murderer? Ward has a reputation, but don't fall into the media bullshit that Harrison is one of the dirtiest players in the league. If these guys were on your team you'd like them. I know one of the Kemoeatu plays you're talking about, and stuff happens I don't know. But what was the second cheap shot?

This. He's so angry over it he's still living off the Seattle game.

He's fine that Baltimore employs Ray Lewis and Donate Stallworth, but Roethlisberger is terrible. No matter who they face next week, it will be the same. And at some point, Steelers lose, and he'll be able to say he was right.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 AM   #277
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

8 of the last 9 Super Bowls included Manning, Brady, or Ben were they are 6-2. Breeze and Rodgers can battle it out for #4 and #5 for best QB in the game.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #278
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Great stat from Ravens-Steelers

Boldin 1 catch -2 yards
Houshmandzadeh 3 catches 38 yards
Mason 0 catches

4 catches for 36 yards from your top 3 WR. There were some drops, but Flacco...not very good.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #279
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I just woke up and had a bad nightmare last night.

So what time is the Falcons/Packers game today?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #280
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Great stat from Ravens-Steelers

Boldin 1 catch -2 yards
Houshmandzadeh 3 catches 38 yards
Mason 0 catches

4 catches for 36 yards from your top 3 WR. There were some drops, but Flacco...not very good.

The fact the Bengals defense has owned Flacco tells me all I need to know. People gush over this guy and I just don't see it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #281
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I just woke up and had a bad nightmare last night.

So what time is the Falcons/Packers game today?

Black, black day. It was like being gutted.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #282
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Trivia question: who was the Green Bay Packers' starting quarterback before Aaron Rodgers?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #283
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Trivia question: who was the Green Bay Packers' starting quarterback before Aaron Rodgers?

Matt Flynn.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #284
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I feel for the Falcons fans. Watching your team play a brand of efficient, mistake-free football all year and then do a 180 in the playoffs is aggravating. As a Packers fan I've been there and it is no fun. You have my sympathies.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #285
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I feel for the Falcons fans. Watching your team play a brand of efficient, mistake-free football all year and then do a 180 in the playoffs is aggravating. As a Packers fan I've been there and it is no fun. You have my sympathies.

+1. The Giants went through the same thing the year Plax shot himself and they laid an egg against the Eagles as a 1 seed.

The playoff system didn't do them any favors also by them getting the Packers as a one seed. I guess you can say they likely have to face them at some point, but still must be a little frustrating looking at the match ups.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #286
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I will also say I am really glad the Packers are having success since they got in over the Giants. They are clearly the better team and deserve it.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #287
SackAttack
Head Coach

Last night was the most beautiful ugly sight I've ever seen. Wow.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #288
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
your team fucking sucks and probably cheets.

I don't know what team you support or what team you are talking about but it doesn't matter because the statement is true no matter what blanks you fill in
Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #289
rowech
Pro Starter

SO...if Seattle wins, they host Green Bay for the NFC title. Three games worse, losing record, Seattle would get to host the hottest team in the NFL for the title. Time to revisit seeding ideas.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #290
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Seeds are fine the way they are. In order to change them you'd need to do away with divisions, which I don't think would be a good thing.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #291
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Divisions mean something in the NFL, let's keep it that way. If the Packers are the better team, they can go in and beat the Seahawks in Seattle.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #292
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
SO...if Seattle wins, they host Green Bay for the NFC title. Three games worse, losing record, Seattle would get to host the hottest team in the NFL for the title. Time to revisit seeding ideas.

Doesn't every single sport do it that way? Division winners take precedent over "wildcards"?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #293
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

It isn't like this happens every year, I think it is a rare enough occurrence that they don't need to change anything.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #294
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I don't know what team you support or what team you are talking about but it doesn't matter because the statement is true no matter what blanks you fill in

exactly
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #295
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:

What does "hottest team" matter? And how do we reseed based on that? Seattle already hosted a higher seeded team at home this year. I don't see how hosting a so called "hottest team" changes the dynamics of things.

If Seattle hosts next week, they will do it on the back of a division championship and two playoff wins, against a wildcard team with two playoff wins. Sounds fair to me. You can't worry too much about a team fluking into the playoffs when they win two playoff games.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #296
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

New England's in the AFC and has home field throughout to the Super Bowl. How is Seattle hosting them?
bronconick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #297
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sure, let's overreact to something that, if it happens, will be the first f***ing time ever. They won their division, get over it.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #298
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well that was impressive.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #299
PineTar
High School JV

game. over.
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #300
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

ballgame. I can do something else with my afternoon now.