Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #251
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I'm enjoying everything but the twins, who seem almost forced on us for no good reason. They seem to be shoehorned into the plot for future reference only (ie, moving the virus through people or some such purpose). It's almost like having an action movie where a 10-year old is shown fly fishing with his dad in the opening credits, only to resurface at the end when he is able to somehow hook a rope on a building and leap to safety.

It's like the director says "well, this is really far-fetched, but let's add in a useless plot parallel to close this enormous loose end after the fact."

There were a couple of story lines last season that felt the same way. Hopefully it will work out to satisfaction.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #252
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Its on my Christmas Wishlist.

It'll help you understand some of the plots we are seeing right now. Even though I watched the whole season, I plan on using a $25 giftcard I received for my birthday to get the DVDs.

FM
Old 11-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #253
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I finally got around to watching the latest episode this morning.

I think it was probably the best episode of the season. It was the first episode that really had some emotional impact. It was pretty easy to figure out how things would play out with Noah getting healed by Claire's blood (I think it's only a temporary thing), but still the episode was very solid.

As was mentioned above, the episodes that revolve around Noah are the best. He's a cool character, good actor, and his stories are interesting.

West did redeem himself. It was the first time I've ever enjoyed his presence on screen.

I really liked all of the father/daughter and father/son stories as they played out through the episode. It tied things together very well thematically and all of the plots were interesting and moved things forward.

I think another reason why the episode was so good was because there were no twins and no Peter.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #254
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I finally got around to watching the latest episode this morning.

I think it was probably the best episode of the season. It was the first episode that really had some emotional impact. It was pretty easy to figure out how things would play out with Noah getting healed by Claire's blood (I think it's only a temporary thing), but still the episode was very solid.

As was mentioned above, the episodes that revolve around Noah are the best. He's a cool character, good actor, and his stories are interesting.

West did redeem himself. It was the first time I've ever enjoyed his presence on screen.

I really liked all of the father/daughter and father/son stories as they played out through the episode. It tied things together very well thematically and all of the plots were interesting and moved things forward.

I think another reason why the episode was so good was because there were no twins and no Peter.

And no NikkiJessica/Micah. I don't mind Peter's story, but I really don't care much about the twins or NikkiJessica/Micah.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #255
Anthony
Banned

this is what i emailed my friends:

Quote:
ok, finally watched the last 2 episodes (gina and i tape 2 weeks worth of shows and watch them back-to-back, and this week i'm glad we did cuz that last episode was ridiculous). i called it correct - adam killed hiro's dad. what this show does expertly is that other than Suresh, Peter, Hiro, Parkman and Claire - everyone else gives you one reason to cheer for them one episode, then the next episode gives you a reason to root against them. you don't know from one episode to another how you're going to feel re: Bennett. (bennnnnnneeeett). as of right now i'm rooting for him, or to put it another way i'm on his side. this is what happened last season, where it wasn't until the final 2 or 3 episodes that you figured out Bennett wasn't the mysterious bad guy they made him out to be. that's great writing.

and the chick that plays Nell, the electric chick, is seriously hot. i bet she shaves her pussy bald and it smells like daisies and cinnamon. i want to kiss her on her lips. and i also want to kiss her mouth.

see what i did there? that's a double entendre. by writing i want to kiss her on the lips first you think i mean her mouth lips, but only when i follow it up with "i also want to kiss her on her mouth" do you realize i initially meant her pussy lips. you know, the ones that smells like daises and cinnamon.

this show is great.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #256
MikeVic
Head Coach

Nice e-mail. I like your lips sentence there.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #257
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

And now we have proof that Adam isn't just misunderstood, but a horrible piece of work, who wants to clean the Earth of humans. The comics alluded to Adam getting really tired of people, and after living for so long and having love ones die on you all the time, it's hard to blame him for being bitter.

But it seems he's duped Peter completely into this one. And Hiro is the only one who can come to the rescue.

Nice seeing that Kaito was basically an SOB, realizing the virus could kill everyone, but still keeping it around. Just in case...
Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 AM   #258
Raiders Army
Coordinator

daisies and cinnamon. LOL
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #259
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
And now we have proof that Adam isn't just misunderstood, but a horrible piece of work, who wants to clean the Earth of humans. The comics alluded to Adam getting really tired of people, and after living for so long and having love ones die on you all the time, it's hard to blame him for being bitter.

It's one thing to be bitter. It's another to be a genocidal maniac. I haven't read any of the comics, but so far Adam is pretty under developed as a villain. Very much so. Sylar was and is much, much more convincing.

I thought this last episode was pretty weak. I guess they are just setting up the finale, but they could have done a much better job going about it.

The Micah/Nikki/St. Joan (I forget her real name) plot was ridiculously stupid and pointless. A bunch of armed gang-bangers steal a kid's comic book and then decide to upgrade to kidnapping? Over a comic book? Nikki's stories tend to be weak, but this was particularly lame.

I really liked Victoria Platt and her love of the shotgun. A pretty cool, no nonsense character. Too bad she died. Peter remains pretty lame and as for Adam (see above).

The Claire stuff was fine.

Sylar remains very cool and though I still have no love for the Twins, those scenes weren't too bad. Poor Allejandro...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-27-2007, 08:31 AM   #260
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Micah/Nikki/St. Joan (I forget her real name) plot was ridiculously stupid and pointless. A bunch of armed gang-bangers steal a kid's comic book and then decide to upgrade to kidnapping? Over a comic book? Nikki's stories tend to be weak, but this was particularly lame.

Well it wasn't particularly over a comic book. It was over the fact that she broke into their HQ. They are gang bangers, so kidnapping someone who is snooping around wasn't too out of character, I thought. They shake down some kids for their valuables, but are into more shit as well (evidenced by the fact that they all seem to be packing).
Old 11-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #261
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

didn't Hiro have his sword to Peter's neck in last week's preview? the scene was different last night.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #262
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Well it wasn't particularly over a comic book. It was over the fact that she broke into their HQ. They are gang bangers, so kidnapping someone who is snooping around wasn't too out of character, I thought. They shake down some kids for their valuables, but are into more shit as well (evidenced by the fact that they all seem to be packing).

I found it all very silly.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #263
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
didn't Hiro have his sword to Peter's neck in last week's preview? the scene was different last night.

Yes. I am also not sure why Peter didn't freeze like everyone else. I remember in the first season, in the subway, when bad-ass future Hiro showed up and froze time Peter didn't freeze, but that seemed like it was because Hrio intended for him not to freeze. Here, Hiro seemed surprised to see Peter. Maybe Peter's immune because he can do it too or something.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #264
gi
College Prospect

I thought most of the storylines were handled poorly this week. Like the writers/director took the easy way out. All of the story threads would have been better served with more attention, but they circumnavigated good story telling to setup the last episode like HB said. Maybe they had more planned and nixed it to end this season now. Maybe the poor reaction to the slow development influenced this. Noah/Cheerleader still seems to be the strongest storyline so far. Peter is becoming more painful to watch, acting is turning from below average to bad. Hopefully the ending will be better.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:04 AM   #265
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post

that scene was shown again in the preview for next week so I don't know what to make of it...

FM
Old 11-27-2007, 09:14 AM   #266
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
that scene was shown again in the preview for next week so I don't know what to make of it...

FM

Maybe Peter blasts Hiro, knocks him out, forgets about him, and then Hiro shows up later on with the sword to the neck routine.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #267
MikeVic
Head Coach

Peter and that girl twin are idiots this year.

If you were that girl twin wouldn't you find it odd what Sylar just did when he was on the phone with Mohinder?

"Ok, we're going to break into this guy's house and I'll sit next to a little girl and stroke her hair while she's sleeping. Then I'll phone the person taking care of her, using his phone of course, and you'll stand there smiling like a dumb idiot."
Old 11-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #268
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
I thought most of the storylines were handled poorly this week. Like the writers/director took the easy way out. All of the story threads would have been better served with more attention, but they circumnavigated good story telling to setup the last episode like HB said. Maybe they had more planned and nixed it to end this season now. Maybe the poor reaction to the slow development influenced this. Noah/Cheerleader still seems to be the strongest storyline so far. Peter is becoming more painful to watch, acting is turning from below average to bad. Hopefully the ending will be better.

last year, they dragged the frigging thing out forever.
this year, it feels incredibly rushed. they just can't seem to figure out the pacing.

and it still amazes me how fast people travel in this show. Adam and Peter went from Montreal to wherever that chick was to Odessa Texas in, like, no time flat. Bob and Mohinder went from wherever their HQ is to California and back to the HQ in what seems to be a matter of hours. I wonder if there's some superhero we haven't met yet zapping all these people around the country.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #269
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

I think the writers strike forced them to come up with an ending earlier than originally intended, so it's not too surprising that some of this stuff is not tying up too neatly.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #270
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Wasn't this supposed to be more of a mid-season break, with the Origins going in the middle, rather than a season finale? Agreed it was a weak episode content setting up all the action for next week.

MikeVic +1, I said the exact same thing last night. Not to mention that living arrangement is already incredibly creepy to begin with - 2 random guys and a 10 yr old girl with no connection to either of them?

HB, I'm sure Peter is immune because he has that power (and really, every other power as well, if he remembers everything.)

Anyone know if what Adam said about blowing off the head would actually kill the regenerating people (i.e. him/Claire/Peter)? Or was he just saying that to convince Peter the scientist needed killing? And Claire staying an 18yr old cheerleader forever has possibilites...
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #271
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Anyone know if what Adam said about blowing off the head would actually kill the regenerating people (i.e. him/Claire/Peter)? Or was he just saying that to convince Peter the scientist needed killing? And Claire staying an 18yr old cheerleader forever has possibilites...

I'd think it is true. Didn't Claire had a chunk of glass stuck in the back of her neck that made it look like she was not coming back, until someone took the chunk out? Would be in line with severing the main line to the head, or well, simply blowing it off...

FM
Old 11-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #272
Malificent
High School JV

Quote:

They mentioned getting paid to torch some guy's place - hence the cans of gasoline. Since she basically overheard them planning to commit arson, that's probably the reason for the kidnapping.
Malificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #273
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'd think it is true. Didn't Claire had a chunk of glass stuck in the back of her neck that made it look like she was not coming back, until someone took the chunk out? Would be in line with severing the main line to the head, or well, simply blowing it off...

FM
Correctamundo.

Also, Peter was dead when he had a giant stake (or some other similarly intrusive object) jammed into his head, returning to life only when Claire pulled it out of him.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #274
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:

FM
The severing makes some sense, but I'd think they wouldn't be able to recover if they had a big chunk of glass/metal anywhere vital (head/chest) until it was pulled out, although I guess Claire's hand this week was pushing the glass out as it regenerated. Oh well, probably best not to inquire too closely about specific powers, it'll just be disappointing when you see the writers have something poorly thought out.

Any predictions on which two heroes die? I figure Nikki/Jessica is the logical one from Louisiana, while in Odessa I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Hiro. Elle could be another one, as her character has limited use. Worst-case scenario the Haitian comes back and they kill him.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #275
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am amazed at how some guys can spend time posting about a show they don't really pay much attention to IMO. I think Peter and Adam traveling fast has something to do with Peter having the powers to do so, call me crazy. Syler mentioned talking to Molly's babysitter, and Maya in her infatuation with Sylar probably wouldn't ask many questions thinking Sylar is a close friend to Suresh. I don't see a need for every little thing to be spelled out to enjoy a show though. And my take on the Hiro with his sword to Peter's neck is that right before Peter nails him, as it was just about to happen last night, Hiro will teleport to behind Peter. Just a guess though, maybe Peter levels him. Also, I wait to see the Nikki storyline pay off next week, hopefully with her death. If nothing big happens there then I will agree it was a crap storyline.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #276
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

FM

Claire had a big piece of wood piercing the back of her head. It was Peter who had the chunk of glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche
I think the writers strike forced them to come up with an ending earlier than originally intended, so it's not too surprising that some of this stuff is not tying up too neatly.

Yep. I actually think that some of the story arcs were going to go over into next season (ie, Maya being something unrelated to the virus), but they have to slam them all in because there looks to be a pretty good chance that the second half of the season (Chapter 3) won't be aired until next fall.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #277
Swaggs
Coordinator

Don't forget that HRG/Noah got shot in the head, directly through the eye at close range, and was able to recover with some of Clarie's blood. Not to mention that Claire was able to cut off a toe and have it regenerate (note that the toe did not regenerate another Claire ).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:20 AM   #278
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I am amazed at how some guys can spend time posting about a show they don't really pay much attention to IMO. I think Peter and Adam traveling fast has something to do with Peter having the powers to do so, call me crazy.

While it's entirely possible, I really don't think so. Everyone gets around insanely quickly on this show. They always have and always will. To be honest, it doesn't bother me. The show's not "24" and whether the timelines of the various plots and stories sync up properly rarely seems to matter.

Quote:
Syler mentioned talking to Molly's babysitter, and Maya in her infatuation with Sylar probably wouldn't ask many questions thinking Sylar is a close friend to Suresh.

I agree. Maya thinks Sylar is an "angel" or some such. Sure, she's dense, but I don't think he can do any wrong in her eyes and forcing his way into his "friend's" apartment wouldn't make her think ill of him, I think.

Quote:
And my take on the Hiro with his sword to Peter's neck is that right before Peter nails him, as it was just about to happen last night, Hiro will teleport to behind Peter. Just a guess though, maybe Peter levels him.

It's certainly possible. It's also possible they shot it a couple of different ways and went with one in the commercial/previews and another in the actual show. It wouldn't be the frist time it happened.

Quote:
Also, I wait to see the Nikki storyline pay off next week, hopefully with her death. If nothing big happens there then I will agree it was a crap storyline.

I can't imagine any payoff that would save the ridiciocity of the comic-book snatching gangbanger storyline. Even if Nikki does die (which, despite her crap plotlines, I hope doesn't happen because I like Ali Larter and think they do some good things with the character), it will end up being stupid, random, and completely unconnected with any story of consequence.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #279
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree. Maya thinks Sylar is an "angel" or some such. Sure, she's dense, but I don't think he can do any wrong in her eyes and forcing his way into his "friend's" apartment wouldn't make her think ill of him, I think.

It's certainly possible. It's also possible they shot it a couple of different ways and went with one in the commercial/previews and another in the actual show. It wouldn't be the frist time it happened.

Ok, maybe the fact that Maya left behind her brother without saying bye was a sign to us that she has taken another step in really believing in Sylar. She's always been with her brother, and they love each other. I know she thinks she's leaving him behind out of love, but without Sylar there she'd never do that. So I can see how that would work.

As for the commercial/preview thing... kind of like how they advertised that they'd explain how Sylar survived......
Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #280
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I started to post something and then a great pair of jugs drove by me and I lost my thought. I think it was that they did explain how Sylar lived, but maybe some preview showed something specific you are talking about that was never shown? I don't see many previews.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #281
MikeVic
Head Coach

Did they explain it? I don't remember that. It was a few episodes ago, when they said all your questions will be answered. And one of the clips was Sylar crawling into the sewer, with the line "how did Sylar survive?"

Ohhh wait. They DID explain him, eh? The company somehow found him and then we had the whole thing with that mirage woman right?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #282
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Did they explain it? I don't remember that. It was a few episodes ago, when they said all your questions will be answered. And one of the clips was Sylar crawling into the sewer, with the line "how did Sylar survive?"

Ohhh wait. They DID explain him, eh? The company somehow found him and then we had the whole thing with that mirage woman right?

That's how I recall it, yes. I forget the specifics of it, if there were any.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #283
Bee
Pro Starter

I was afraid at the end of last season that they had made Peter too powerful, but I feel the writers have done a great job by balancing his power by making him incredibly stupid and gullible.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:56 PM   #284
MikeVic
Head Coach

They should've made Superman like that too. Instead of kryptonite being his weakness, make him an idiot.

Actually, I'm being serious here, has there been a mentally handicapped super hero before? Or super villain? I mean they could be really powerful but just don't really use their powers to their full extent or sometimes do things accidentally that they didn't mean to. Like that big guy (Lenny?) in Of Mice and Men.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #285
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Not sure what to think of the "finale". Over all it was kinda... meh.

First, they offed two of the better actors on the show by killing Nathan and Nikki. A shame that.

That said, they had nothing going on with Nikki. I liked her more than most, but she really did nothing all season. I guess she died being a "hero" and it shows that you don't need superpowers to be a "hero", but I still found it all a bit random. Those comic book thieves are serious dudes. Not only do they pack heat, but if they find you up in their crib they will burn you alive. Remind me never to cross their path.

Peter remained stupid throughout. It was only until Nathan had to spell... it... out... for.... him... very... slowly... and... clearly... that he ever put two and two together. He's lame.

Nathan's death was shocking and pretty cool. He, like Nikki, really had nothing going on at all this season. I liked that he was forming a bit of a bond with Parkman, so it's a shame he's gone. The best scene of the episode was their awkard landing at Primatech and Parkman's "Who's this guy?" remark to Hiro.

Speaking of Hiro... wow, sadistic much? Instead of just killing Adam he buries him alive... forever? Harsh.

There wasn't much going on with Claire or HRG. Good to see him back in the company, since I like Needle Nose Ned and the delightful Kristen Bell.

I really liked Mohinder's reaction as soon as Maya told him Sylar didn't have any powers. Very cool. Mohinder really was pretty impressive all season. One of the stronger points of this "volume", I would think.

Over all, I wasn't too terribly impressed by the entire "volume" or the finale.

By the way, Sylar's "I' back" line at the end... Most. Predictable. Line. Ever.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #286
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Not sure what to think of the "finale". Over all it was kinda... meh.

First, they offed two of the better actors on the show by killing Nathan and Nikki. A shame that.

That said, they had nothing going on with Nikki. I liked her more than most, but she really did nothing all season. I guess she died being a "hero" and it shows that you don't need superpowers to be a "hero", but I still found it all a bit random. Those comic book thieves are serious dudes. Not only do they pack heat, but if they find you up in their crib they will burn you alive. Remind me never to cross their path.

Peter remained stupid throughout. It was only until Nathan had to spell... it... out... for.... him... very... slowly... and... clearly... that he ever put two and two together. He's lame.

Nathan's death was shocking and pretty cool. He, like Nikki, really had nothing going on at all this season. I liked that he was forming a bit of a bond with Parkman, so it's a shame he's gone. The best scene of the episode was their awkard landing at Primatech and Parkman's "Who's this guy?" remark to Hiro.

Speaking of Hiro... wow, sadistic much? Instead of just killing Adam he buries him alive... forever? Harsh.

There wasn't much going on with Claire or HRG. Good to see him back in the company, since I like Needle Nose Ned and the delightful Kristen Bell.

I really liked Mohinder's reaction as soon as Maya told him Sylar didn't have any powers. Very cool. Mohinder really was pretty impressive all season. One of the stronger points of this "volume", I would think.

Over all, I wasn't too terribly impressed by the entire "volume" or the finale.

By the way, Sylar's "I' back" line at the end... Most. Predictable. Line. Ever.

Can't they just use the blood to bring back Nikki and Nathan? Hiro is nuts! I didn't think he had it in him to do something so harsh. I like Elle too. "We owe our lives to you!" "Cool."
Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #287
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Can't they just use the blood to bring back Nikki and Nathan? Hiro is nuts! I didn't think he had it in him to do something so harsh. I like Elle too. "We owe our lives to you!" "Cool."

Interesting point on the blood! You know, I don't think they've really gone to that well too often...
Old 12-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #288
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Peter and Adam's storming of Primatech reminded me a lot of Peter and Hiro's storming of whatever that building was in that future episode in Season 1. The fight choreography, with all of the armed guards refusing to draw firearms and, instead, running up to fight hand-to-hand with a guy with a sword and getting tossed around by telekenetics, were pretty much identical.

I know this is a TV show and runs on a limited budget, but they really need to do something about their "action" sequences.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:31 AM   #289
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, and it was in a casket that was *already buried*, so it had to have had a body in it. Grody - gag me with a spoon.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #290
Travis
Pro Rookie

Well, technically Nathan already had some of the blood, so now they'll have to explain just how long the effects of the blood last for before being diluted out of the system.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #291
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

When is the writer's strike over? Jebsus Thrist I want to know what happens next. Is next season going to be longer?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #292
Swaggs
Coordinator

I was pretty disappointed with that episode.

I hope Nathan isn't dead, as he (along with Claire and Noah) is one of the only very good actors on the show and he was one of the more interesting, untapped characters.

I suspect either Nathan or Nikki will survive, as the tag for this episode was that two heroes will "fall" (not die). I'm guessing Maya was one of the heroes that "fell." I would like for both to return, but I'm guessing it will be Nikki, as someone has to play the parent role to Micah.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #293
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I don't think Nathan is dead - he seems too wrapped into the "needing to control Peter" storyline to be able to die. Plus it was a press conference all over the news - Claire could see it and decide to save her biological father with her blood although they need to be careful because this is quickly becoming a catch-all to save anyone and everyone.

I thought the Peter/Hiro and subsequent Peter v Hiro/Parkman/Nathan scenes were done well especially the Peter/Hiro battle and how each used his power. I was dissapointed though to see Sylar regain his power. I think it would have been more interesting for him to try and "collect" heroes like Maya to turn them evil. Kind of like what Adam did with Peter. It would be interesting to see factions form new "companies" - and to see possibly some of the good guys now become corrupt and repeat the way the original company went.

I also really like the Bob/Elle storyline. I didn't like Bob much at first in the season but his character developed well and I had the feeling that at some point Elle may turn on him for what he did to her. I think Nikki's character served her purpose in S1 and I could do without any of the New Orleans storylines as I don't see how they play into anything. The only tie-in at all to this volume's crisis was that Nikki had the virus. I would much rather see the story revolve strictly around "the company".

All in all I thought it was a pretty good ending to an odd volume. The pace was off, they spent way too much time on getting Maya and Alejandro to America and the New Orleans stories really didn't tie in to much but the rest I felt was great from the midpoint on and I really want to know who Mrs P was talking to, who the shooter was (HRG?) and just what exactly Mrs P's role/power is.

Last edited by Gary Gorski : 12-04-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #294
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
who the shooter was (HRG?)

It sure looked like HRG from the back (when he was walking out).
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #295
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I thought the episode was a really meh finale to a very meh season.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #296
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
It sure looked like HRG from the back (when he was walking out).

Wow. If it was HRG that means he went from the holding cell in New York, back to California to talk to the fam, and then raced back down to Odessa, TX to kill Nathan to stop his incredibly impromptu press conference.

I think DD's head will explode.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 12-04-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #297
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I enjoyed most of the season, but I also thought last night's finale was meh. Also, count me in among those who thought it was HRG who shot Nathan. It looked like him from the back.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #298
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Yeah, and it was in a casket that was *already buried*, so it had to have had a body in it. Grody - gag me with a spoon.

Did Hiro actually know that head wounds=dead for regenerators? Because if he didn't, then as far as he knew he had no way of killing Adam. In which case he's got a choice between this kind of permanent confinement and leaving Adam in a situation he'll eventually be able to get out of. Facing that kind of a choice, it makes more sense that Hiro might go for the disgusting-but-effective option (though I suspect Adam will wind up coming back regardless).
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #299
Uncle Briggs
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
just what exactly Mrs P's role/power is.

This has been driving me nuts this whole season. Why didn't any of these freaking idjits ask their parents about their powers? (Before they got killed, obviously). Just one of many situations this season that left me saying "Well, that's just dumb". Obviously nobody got hyper-intelligence as their superpower. This show went from one of the best premier seasons I can remember to being mediocre on a good day.
Uncle Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #300
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
They should've made Superman like that too. Instead of kryptonite being his weakness, make him an idiot.

Actually, I'm being serious here, has there been a mentally handicapped super hero before? Or super villain? I mean they could be really powerful but just don't really use their powers to their full extent or sometimes do things accidentally that they didn't mean to. Like that big guy (Lenny?) in Of Mice and Men.

The closest I can think of is Legion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Xavier's son who's probably more like Nikki than Peter.

Anyhow, there were numerous plot holes in last night's ep. Why didn't Peter phase himself and Adam into the vault instead of "working it" by opening the door? For that matter, if he didn't trust Adam why not go in there himself and destroy the virus? Even if he didn't know what it looked like, he could've just laid waste to the entire vault?

How did Nikki lift the beam to let her niece through but couldn't let herself through?

Why didn't Peter use his blood to save Nathan?

Why wouldn't Suresh inject an air bubble into Sylar when he had the chance instead of taking his blood? For a doctor, he's a fucking idiot.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote