Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #251
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
Um, unless they changed it you still need a retail game code for your account, so he does need to pay the 19.00...

I never once needed to pay. I started with a free trial, switched to regular game account, and even when I cancelled my account for several months, I still didn't need to buy the game when I signed back up.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #252
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I never once needed to pay. I started with a free trial, switched to regular game account, and even when I cancelled my account for several months, I still didn't need to buy the game when I signed back up.

I doubt it.

Do me a favor - go to your PlayNC account management, and look up your CoH/V game account. Scroll to the bottom where it says 'Serial Codes used on this account.' Unless the only thing there is a Trial key, then *someone* paid for a retail key for that account.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:32 PM   #253
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

quotes of the FrostFire Mission.

Party gets confused.. half goes up the elevators (And discovers 12 bad guys there), the other half look in a room on the floor below.. (and discover 12 bad guys there)

Neon: GET UP HERE NOW!

DC: (I think) GET DOWN HERE NOW!

Gale: (my defender): There's a whole lot of shit up here!

Johnny: There's a whole lot of shit down here!

Well, both sides manage to survive that (we were fighting greens and blues), then the fun part.

Neon: So what are we going to do now?

Gale: I vote we split the party up. They'll never be expecting it!

Neon: Controversial, but I like it!
Old 09-22-2007, 02:08 AM   #254
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
quotes of the FrostFire Mission.

Party gets confused.. half goes up the elevators (And discovers 12 bad guys there), the other half look in a room on the floor below.. (and discover 12 bad guys there)

Neon: GET UP HERE NOW!

DC: (I think) GET DOWN HERE NOW!

Gale: (my defender): There's a whole lot of shit up here!

Johnny: There's a whole lot of shit down here!

Well, both sides manage to survive that (we were fighting greens and blues), then the fun part.

Neon: So what are we going to do now?

Gale: I vote we split the party up. They'll never be expecting it!

Neon: Controversial, but I like it!

Good stuff

You missed out on our second Frostfire mission where all of us died, some of us twice. Good times... good times
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #255
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Definition of rape:

Old 09-22-2007, 03:48 AM   #256
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
I doubt it.

Do me a favor - go to your PlayNC account management, and look up your CoH/V game account. Scroll to the bottom where it says 'Serial Codes used on this account.' Unless the only thing there is a Trial key, then *someone* paid for a retail key for that account.

Well unless something changed this go around, we never had to pay. We signed up for a trail version 2 years ago and never actually had to pay for the game. It was never charged to our accounts or anything. All we had to do is pay the monthly charge. In fact, even when we signed up for this trial account, it still retained all the info from 2 years ago. Even had costume upgrades.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:45 AM   #257
Brillig
College Prospect

From the COH support site

Quote:
Question

What is a trial code?
Answer

A trial code is a 20-digit serial code used to create a game account. Trial codes come with a pre-set amount of game time. The time starts as soon as the code is registered. Trial codes do not require billing information to activate for the first time.
If you wish to continue accessing your trial account after your trial time has expired, you will need to activate the trial account with a retail serial code and a valid payment method.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:20 PM   #258
larrymcg421
Head Coach

That's all well and good, brillig, but I promise you I'm not rich enough to not notice that money was just taken off my card. You can point to the FAQ as much as you want, but I never had to pay.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 09-22-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #259
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

So what's the process of updating a trial account into a regular one, then?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #260
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
So what's the process of updating a trial account into a regular one, then?

Apparently there isn't one, it just magically happens for free now.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:16 PM   #261
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

Okay Brillig, just checked into our account and it seems we signed up on May 28, 2005 under a buddy account. I guess this probably differs from a standard trial account and why we didn't have to pay for it at the time. In fact we starting giving out buddy accounts as well back in the day.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=42240

Buddy accounts were ones that were sent out to existing players. And if anyone still has a buddy account, send one to Neon Chaos, just in case (if they are still doing this).
Old 09-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #262
Antmeister
Pro Starter

And here is the thread where we first got our buddy accounts back then:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=39311

And here is where it mentions where you only have to pay for more game time by credit card (no mention of buying the game). However I don't know if this still applies today.

Quote:
http://www.gamespot.com/promos/cityofheroes/index.html
Play City of Heroes FREE for 14 days!

Have you ever wanted to be hero? To soar between towering skyscrapers? You can realize your comic-book dreams today with a FREE 14-day trial of City of Heroes, the hugely successful massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Build your own unique hero from millions of possible character combinations and venture into Paragon City to discover all the danger, wonder, and excitement that await you!

Step 1

If you are a GameSpot Basic or GameSpot Complete member, log in before entering your e-mail address below. If you do not have a GameSpot account, you must sign up to access the City of Heroes FREE 14-day trial. Click here to get a free GameSpot account.

Step 2

After logging in, enter your e-mail address in the field below. You will automatically be sent an e-mail with your unique free-trial code and instructions for how to download City of Heroes and activate your FREE 14-day trial.

You must be a registered member to receive a coupon code.

City of Heroes is a multiplayer online game you play via the Internet. A stable Internet connection is required to play. To register for a City of Heroes game account, you must provide a valid credit card. Once you have successfully activated your trial account code, you will be able to play City of Heroes for up to 14 days. In order to continue playing the game, you can purchase additional time with your credit card.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #263
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
I doubt it.

I am not saying that you are wrong in any way, but when I look on my account today, it says Buddy Account (which is hoop's guys trial account in the thread above) dated 5/28/05 and now this new Trial account.

And since I haven't played in so long, things had probably changed. But for those of us that signed up back then, we didn't pay for anything. So to be on the safe side Neon, just wait and see. Our trial will end before yours and we will soon find out if we have to purchase it or not. Brillig is most likely right for this standard trial version and I probably shouldn't have assumed that things haven't changed. So just wait and see.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #264
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

You know, there are alot of reasons why things could be different now than they were before, as Ant pointed out, so there's really no need to be a dick.

Just saying.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #265
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looks like people were starting to bleed on as I headed out for the day. Thanks to everyone who contributed dual enhancements at the base - I took advantage of a few of them and put a bunch back. I don't think I found a single enhancement for my build today (0 for 15, give or take) so it was nice to have this option.

I was bummed to see that the Icon (tailor) mission is not available until Level 20. Probably going to cash in one of my costume changes from last time I played rather than wait around for that.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #266
hoopsguy
General Manager

Picked up a pseudo-travel power at Level 18 - short-term super jump. I'm ecstatic to have it, after slogging along for the last four levels while everyone else was flying or super-something to get from Point A to B.

Now if only there was a power to address the load times ...
Old 09-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #267
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Looks like people were starting to bleed on as I headed out for the day. Thanks to everyone who contributed dual enhancements at the base - I took advantage of a few of them and put a bunch back. I don't think I found a single enhancement for my build today (0 for 15, give or take) so it was nice to have this option.

I was bummed to see that the Icon (tailor) mission is not available until Level 20. Probably going to cash in one of my costume changes from last time I played rather than wait around for that.

You can go to the tailor at any time, but at levels 20, 30, 40 you get the missions to give you additional costume slots. So if you use a costume change now, it will only be to change your current (and only) slot.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 09-24-2007 at 01:47 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #268
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, and I generally like to preserve my costumes - biggest issue with this one is that it looked ghastly with the SG colors.

So I used one of my left-overs from my past CoH lifetime to get a free costume change and built a second costume. Green and purple are still tough to match with black and red, but this one does a little better job of it.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #269
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Picked up a pseudo-travel power at Level 18 - short-term super jump. I'm ecstatic to have it, after slogging along for the last four levels while everyone else was flying or super-something to get from Point A to B.

Now if only there was a power to address the load times ...

How did you get a short term Super Jump. Was it from a mission. Or is this a power?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #270
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
I am not saying that you are wrong in any way, but when I look on my account today, it says Buddy Account (which is hoop's guys trial account in the thread above) dated 5/28/05 and now this new Trial account.

And since I haven't played in so long, things had probably changed. But for those of us that signed up back then, we didn't pay for anything. So to be on the safe side Neon, just wait and see. Our trial will end before yours and we will soon find out if we have to purchase it or not. Brillig is most likely right for this standard trial version and I probably shouldn't have assumed that things haven't changed. So just wait and see.

Actually, it hardly makes a difference these days. The game is $20, and comes with one free month, so the difference is only $5 either way. If that's gonna break you, you have bigger problems
Old 09-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #271
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
How did you get a short term Super Jump. Was it from a mission. Or is this a power?

Power called "Inertial Reduction", about 2/3 of the way through the eligible powers in the Kinetics set. Skipped over a couple to grab it - figured we didn't need Speed Siphon anyways, right?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #272
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Power called "Inertial Reduction", about 2/3 of the way through the eligible powers in the Kinetics set. Skipped over a couple to grab it - figured we didn't need Speed Siphon anyways, right?

Siphon speed is a pretty good power IMO - basically acts as a hasten, with the side benefit of slowing the mob. Drawback is that it requires a tohit check. But, it is stackable. IR is one of those that you want as soon as possible though (soon enough for a Def, but quite a wait for a troller/corr...believe me ).
Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #273
Brillig
College Prospect

Aside from Repel, there's not a lot I'd skip in Kinetics. Siphon Speed might be next on the list though - it's a lot weaker than Hasten, 20% recharge vs 70%.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #274
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Actually, it hardly makes a difference these days. The game is $20, and comes with one free month, so the difference is only $5 either way. If that's gonna break you, you have bigger problems

I don't know what you are talking about. That is easily one or two lunches. I can read through your sarcasm sir.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #275
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
I don't know what you are talking about. That is easily one or two lunches. I can read through your sarcasm sir.

You wouldn't skip lunch to play CoH?!?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #276
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Neon Chaos will, and has, I suspect.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #277
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Aside from Repel, there's not a lot I'd skip in Kinetics. Siphon Speed might be next on the list though - it's a lot weaker than Hasten, 20% recharge vs 70%.

That's true, though at least it can be up pretty much all the time and doesn't have the end crash.

On my mind/kin I have all of the kin powers except for Increase Density. It's handy I guess, but I solo a lot and when I'm teamed there is usually some other means of status protection. Repel...well, that I have for no real reason than I took it early and never respec'd. Though I should get it out of there for TK (though if used carefully, it can position mobs a bit).
Old 09-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #278
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Neon Chaos will, and has, I suspect.

Neon doesn't sleep or work since he started playing this.

Last edited by Antmeister : 09-24-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 PM   #279
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

5 days (?) 18 levels, Neon is a machine!
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #280
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, last time around playing this game I don't think there was a single person with Kinetics in about 20-30 people that I worked with in our SG. So I'm learning these as we go. I liked Repel a decent amount for solo play during earlier levels, but don't get much use out of it now. I also skipped the Density power on the way to Inertial Reduction.

I'm almost positive that I'll take Vengeance to complete the Leadership tree as my Level 20 power. From there, I guess I could double back to Siphon Speed but I'll probably grab something from my attack group again. Then re-spec comes at 24, so I can shuffle the deck all over again, right?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #281
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

Lol. I just logged in during lunch to add another one of my alts to the SG.

See ya guys tonight.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #282
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think I've figured out how Neon does it, to some extent. Outside of the obvious "play more than everyone else" Experience accumulates quite a bit faster with the bigger groups. He is a big proponent of getting the full eight people for our missions, and I'm guessing he is doing the same when not playing with our SG.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:41 PM   #283
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think I've figured out how Neon does it, to some extent. Outside of the obvious "play more than everyone else" Experience accumulates quite a bit faster with the bigger groups. He is a big proponent of getting the full eight people for our missions, and I'm guessing he is doing the same when not playing with our SG.

Definitely. Bigger groups, more opponents, easier time (when there's a healer), more xp to share.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #284
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Definition of rape:

i still can't believe this happened.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #285
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

Oh I get that, but I used to hate putting those together years ago. Since we have a dedicated super group, things have been easier in regards to getting groups together.

Back in the day, you would see half the team leave in the middle of a task force (because most of them weren't from the super group). Used to drive me crazy and getting a large group together used to take a large chunk of time to organize. I am assuming things have become much easier in that regard.

Last edited by Antmeister : 09-24-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #286
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh I get that, but I used to hate putting those together back in the day. Since we have a dedicated super group, things have been easier in regards to getting groups together.

Back in the day, you would see half the team leave in the middle of a task force (because most of them weren't from the super group). Used to drive me crazy and getting a large group together used to take a large chunk of time to organize. I am assuming things have become much easier in that regard.

And that's why i rarely organize when i'm not with the Sg. I just jump in on teams that are forming, which puts the burden of completing missions on whichever team or sg i jumped in with.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #287
Antmeister
Pro Starter

By the way, have you done a Task Force mission yet? (referring to Neon or anyone else who jumped on the trial).

Last edited by Antmeister : 09-24-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:06 PM   #288
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
By the way, have you done a Task Force mission yet? (referring to Neon or anyone else who jumped on the trial).

Nope. Not yet. Wanna do one? I wanna do Positron's.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #289
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nope. Not yet. Wanna do one? I wanna do Positron's.

Yes, I am itching to do one. You can be designated group-gathering person.

And damn, when I visited the base, you contributed a lot of stuff. Good job. But when are we going to be able to add our own personal items there?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #290
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Personal items are still on the works. Sir Fozzie has to click the radio buttons for "modify base" to allow everyone to do so.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #291
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Nooooo servers just came down... why god, why!!

Right in the middle of a mission too.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #292
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ugh, hate when that happens.

Was home today and got an opportunity to play for awhile. I learned that the servers are down from 8-10 AM CST every day for the maintenance window. Other than that, daytime is awesome in terms of load time for the missions.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #293
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Something has changed lately...loadtimes have been crazy the last few days.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:16 AM   #294
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Personal items are still on the works. Sir Fozzie has to click the radio buttons for "modify base" to allow everyone to do so.

Done. Bought the Personal Vault.

Now we need to save up for a bigger plot, so we can put more stuff in
Old 09-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #295
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Didn't make it to 20. Up to 19. Damnit. Must play more tomorrow.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 AM   #296
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Done. Bought the Personal Vault.

Now we need to save up for a bigger plot, so we can put more stuff in

Sounds like things are going well... how about letting coalition members in so I can see the snazzy FOFC base, eh?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:51 AM   #297
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's not much, but I'll log on (my stomach is currently doing the watusi around my spine) and set that up
Old 09-25-2007, 03:57 AM   #298
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Done
Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 AM   #299
Uncle Briggs
Mascot

Quote:
I learned that the servers are down from 8-10 AM CST every day for the maintenance window.

Mondays they always do server maintenance (in my experience at least), and usually take about 1-1/2 hours. Tue-Wed, usually no shutdown. Thu-Fri, I work, but the wife says usually not. Sat-Sun, never.
Uncle Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #300
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Didn't make it to 20. Up to 19. Damnit. Must play more tomorrow.

I'm guessing you will nose me out in getting to 20. I'm just a smidge into 19 right now.

How was the group after Brillig and I left last night? The guys we were with earlier seemed a little on the reckless side. For example, I know you ended up dying in a mission where there was no good reason for a death.

For tonight's stuff I would love to check out either Faultline or Boomtown if people are up for that. I know that a couple of us have Faultline missions and, last I saw, Neon has a Boomtown mission as well.