Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which side should the FOFC Guild support?
To Protect the Alliance (Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, Dranei, Night Elves) 13 27.08%
For the Horde! (Orcs, Blood Elves, Trolls, Forsaken, Tauren) 24 50.00%
Trout for the win! 11 22.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #251
Airhog
Captain Obvious

okay, feel free everyone in the guild, to post ideas, and suggestions on how we run the bank. i have an idea for an easy points based system. if i get some free time later i will flesh out my ideas more fully.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #252
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, this guideline to the high level PvP is posted because there's some folks who disbelieve what I told them about PvP taking hours

http://www.wowwiki.com/Alterac_Valley
Old 03-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #253
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Av really doesn't take hours anymore in the 51-60 bracket.. however.. the 61-70 bracket npcs in alterac valley are hardcore bad-asses..

Its sad really, av used to take 1-2 hours... but now its just a rush to kill the final general..

Last edited by Ragone : 03-04-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #254
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Someone say bank? I have a few coins I donate to the cause if need be
Old 03-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #255
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

By bank it means more like an item bank, Arlie
Old 03-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #256
Arles
Grey Dog Software

In my auction house perusing, I often come into contact with numerous items (some worth as much as 20 gold). So, if there was a way people could list certain items they want/need, I would be able to help more than I would if simply dumped my "unsellable" items or items I care little about in the bank.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #257
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm willing to contribute as needed.

A request: A couple of folks have requested that I make them certain high level Leatherworking articles. To do so, I will probably need a lot of mid level leather (Medium and Heavy Leather and/or hides) I'm willing to create Heavy Ammo Pouches/Quivers to those who need them as things stand
Old 03-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #258
Airhog
Captain Obvious

i will craft leathergoods as well.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #259
BYU 14
Coordinator

I will stock it up with potions
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #260
spleen1015
Coordinator

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Server just went down!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #261
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Oops. Moon Guard just crashed
Old 03-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #262
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Poisons I can do, Engineering items I will be able to do as well...other than that, I have a lot of silk I pick up, let me know what I can do item wise and I will get it done.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #263
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I have a lot of Silk to turn in as well
Old 03-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #264
spleen1015
Coordinator

SirFozzie or any of the other leatherworkers, is your skill at 225?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #265
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

185-ish. That's why I'm trying to level it quickly
Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #266
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am going to gather the materials for a Quickdraw Quiver so that you can make it for me when you get to 225.

You can get the pattern from the Master Leatherworker in Feralas.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #267
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Will do If you're bored, go get me a bunch of HL. If there's any stacks of 20 on the AH below 2G a stack, grab it for me, I'll reimburse ya
Old 03-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #268
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm at work, just doing a little research.

I spent 50g on the AH Sunday night upgrading armor. I'm short on gold these days for a bit.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #269
spleen1015
Coordinator

BTW, how does the guild bank work?

How do we know what it has available, etc?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #270
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
BTW, how does the guild bank work?

How do we know what it has available, etc?

From WoWWiki:

A guild bank is a character used as storage and or a trading post by the members. Ususally accompanied by a web based script to post the contents online. Bank rules depend on the guild, there is no set of default permissions.

Edit to add if anyone happens to see Essence of Undeath for sale at the AH, let me know. I need 1 for a engineering item I want to make.

Last edited by Bearcat729 : 03-06-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #271
Airhog
Captain Obvious

well i log on tonight, and my character has vanished. gonna have to submit a bug report.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:45 PM   #272
Airhog
Captain Obvious

n/m tech support had me do something that was the cause last night.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #273
BYU 14
Coordinator

You get your Character back?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #274
Radii
Head Coach

I got an invite from Spleen earlier tonight, I have a level 5 BE Warlock named Rhiow. I don't expect to play much but I hope to casually level here and there and to be able to chat with ya'll.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:15 AM   #275
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Yeah, i was having issues with my interface, something they told me to rename, caused it not to show up.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:25 AM   #276
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
From WoWWiki:

A guild bank is a character used as storage and or a trading post by the members. Ususally accompanied by a web based script to post the contents online. Bank rules depend on the guild, there is no set of default permissions.

Edit to add if anyone happens to see Essence of Undeath for sale at the AH, let me know. I need 1 for a engineering item I want to make.

Gnomish Death Ray for teh win!

I might be logging more time with Marlowe lately...my guild just broke up on my main server, and I have yet to finish the Karazhan attunement (stuck on Black Morass). It also seems that the server has reached a critical mass on guilds willing/able to run Karazhan, so the chances of me getting it done are looking fairly slim in the near future. I've been trying for a week, and it's not even that my pugs fail...it's that I've only had one attempt at it (which, sadly failed. The tank couldn't survive more than one shot from the second boss) because I can't find a group. Long story short...I may be hanging out with you guys some more soon
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:36 AM   #277
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Vince,

Temporus can be quite a pain for groups who are familiar with each other..

Things you can do to counter his dps is switch off tanking via limited invuln pots (he has a debuff alot like fankriss).. if your tank's dodge rate is above 30% this won't be an issue

Mages can detect magic him and spellsteal the haste.. that severely hamstrings his dps

Third.. have someone use a beacon near medivh to keep the adds off him for first 20-30 seconds of fight.. then have another person run back and use theres..

Hope this helps if you do get a group in the future
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #278
spleen1015
Coordinator

Every year, I take of the Thursday and Friday of the NCAA tournament to watch the Round 1 games.

This year, I am doing the same thing. I am looking forward to playing WoW all day long for 2 straight days more than I am the basketball games.

This game has me addicted pretty good.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #279
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*laughs*. I tagged Spleen's Public Note as: "Not an Addict, just very very good"

His officer note? "Yeah, an addict"
Old 03-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #280
Radii
Head Coach

What class is your main vince? horde/alliance?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #281
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
*laughs*. I tagged Spleen's Public Note as: "Not an Addict, just very very good"

His officer note? "Yeah, an addict"

I freely admit it. I think about playing this game all day long.

During the day, I surf wowhead here and there, looking for quests I want to do that night. It is all pretty silly, really.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #282
spleen1015
Coordinator

One other sad thing...

Now that I am the level leader in the Guild, I don't want to let that go. My mind is dead set on making it to 70 first. I keep telling myself that it's not a big deal, but the rest of me seems to think it is.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #283
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
What class is your main vince? horde/alliance?
Gnome Rogue on Detheroc. Level 70 with pretty weak gear. Whispering Blade of Slaying is nice, and I have assorted blues (trying to decide between the Steam Vaults quest reward helm or the Shadowmoon Valley one at the moment...I don't want to give up my +12 crit/5% snare and root resist meta gem on the Helm of the Claw), but not much from the later instances yet.

Yeah, we had the mage who was on non-elite cleanup duty fire off his beacon and help us DPS Temporus, but the warrior literally died on the first two shots off the boss both times we got to him. While we somehow got him down to 65% the first time (Evasion Tank for teh win), we wiped nearly instantly the second time. I'm pretty sure the mage knew about the spellsteal on the buff, but I don't know if he got it off - like I said, the fights were very short and very messy both times. I just haven't even gotten a second shot at the bastard, because I can't find a freaking group.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #284
Vince
Pro Starter

Yup, this has been the most addicting game I've ever played. The world is so beautiful, things seem to be balanced so well (I mean, I can play my rogue alone about 6 different ways completely, and all are at least somewhat viable. There are what, 8 other classes and 7 other races that I could be?), and the game world is so vast and deep. I've put in 16 days on my main (about 400 hours of gametime), and I have like 8 other characters I've put significant time into. Plus, I'm nowhere near done with my main. This game is amazing.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:17 AM   #285
Airhog
Captain Obvious

man if anyone is on this morning, i could sure use some help farming some quest mobs

Old 03-10-2007, 07:20 AM   #286
Schmidty
Coordinator

I really feel bad everytime I see this thead, because I think it would be a blast to be in this guild.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #287
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I really feel bad everytime I see this thead, because I think it would be a blast to be in this guild.

What are you waiting for?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:39 AM   #288
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
What are you waiting for?

Well, I'm a member in a guild with 150+ members where my wife is the GM, so that pretty much sucks up all of the WoW time I get.

If you guys ever want to transfer to Uldaman, you're totally welcome.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #289
Airhog
Captain Obvious

was able to get the axe with help from the Guild.

This. Axe. Rocks!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #290
Vince
Pro Starter

So I feel the need to brag somewhere, and I don't know many people outside my brother who play. But last night I was able to score The Night Blade for my main. It cost way too much money, but I'm really excited about it, as it is a fantastic dagger.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #291
spleen1015
Coordinator

I just searched for this thread thinking it would be at least 2 weeks old so, I wasn't even looking for it at the top of the page.

I think it is time for me to move on with regards to WoW. I like all of the folks in this guild a great deal. There's just not enough people in it and we don't have a lot going on. Over the last week or so, I have only seen about 6 guys active. We all know that my enthusiasm level for the game is much higher than most.

This also means I will be leaving Moon Guard. RP is not my cup of tea and with this being an RP server, I don't think I will fit in with any of the other guilds on the server.

I will be rerolling on another server. I just haven't figured out which one yet.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:48 PM   #292
Fouts
College Starter

It happens alot when play times don't match up. I used to play EQ and WoW a lot in the past, but decided to limit my time in the game(s) because it detracts from everything else in my life. Good luck on your new server.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #293
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just searched for this thread thinking it would be at least 2 weeks old so, I wasn't even looking for it at the top of the page.

I think it is time for me to move on with regards to WoW. I like all of the folks in this guild a great deal. There's just not enough people in it and we don't have a lot going on. Over the last week or so, I have only seen about 6 guys active. We all know that my enthusiasm level for the game is much higher than most.

This also means I will be leaving Moon Guard. RP is not my cup of tea and with this being an RP server, I don't think I will fit in with any of the other guilds on the server.

I will be rerolling on another server. I just haven't figured out which one yet.

saw that comin. Good Luck, Spleeny.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #294
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am applying to be a member of the Pride guild on Moon Guard. They're not heavy RP, so I should be okay with them.

I will still be around to help you guys when I can. I still want you guys to ask me to go on runs with you guys.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:51 AM   #295
Bad-example
College Starter

I can't believe how addicted I am to this game. I never joined a guild and solo almost all the time. I love playing the druid class. I often have to go afk and it is really easy to just park somewhere out of the way in stealth mode while I am away. Amnesio is up to level 43 now. Not really interested in big raids but willing to help out with regular quests from time to time.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #296
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I am applying to be a member of the Pride guild on Moon Guard. They're not heavy RP, so I should be okay with them.

I will still be around to help you guys when I can. I still want you guys to ask me to go on runs with you guys.

At least you will still be on the server.....Maybe you can leave an alt in the Guild, I feel guilty for not being on more.

I love playing, just haven't had a ton of time the last 2-3 weeks and WOW unfortunately is usually what I have to cut out
Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 AM   #297
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Im out guys. Mainly due to my odd hours playing and limited time. I rarely have enough time to do anything in game, and it just wasnt as fun

Old 04-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #298
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Looks like I am out as well. Just got this email from WOW:

Quote:
This is a notification regarding your World of Warcraft account. Access to this account has been permanently disabled for exploitation of the World of Warcraft economy or for being associated to accounts which have been closed for intended exploitation. While we try to be as lenient as possible in our assessments of the results of exploitation investigations, exploitative endeavors on your account have ultimately lead to its closure. The recurring subscription on the account has been disabled to prevent further charges.

Looks like all my auction house trading finally caught up with me (although I confess that I didn't know buying up certain underpriced items and reselling them was a major offense).

To be honest, I had been looking for a reason to stop playing and hadn't even logged on in almost a week when I got the email. Still, I had fun with this guild and would encourage anyone still playing to join up - but I would be careful with your actions around the auction house
Old 04-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #299
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wait, buying low and selling high is illegal? Since when is standard economics illegal in a game with economic systems?

Well, we will see if I get the email as well.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #300
daedalus
Pro Rookie

What the fuck? How is utilising the auction house for what it is wrong?!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote