Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-17-2003, 10:44 PM   #251
joegibbsjr.
n00b

RainRaven, I can't play tonight. Will you be available at all tomorrow?
joegibbsjr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 10:46 PM   #252
RainRaven
High School JV

Yes, I'll be available tomorrow. Just let me know when.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:47 PM   #253
joegibbsjr.
n00b

How does noon est work for you?
Old 02-17-2003, 11:34 PM   #254
joegibbsjr.
n00b

RainRaven, I will be in the fml room between 12-12:30 est on Tuesday. If you cant make it let me know.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:10 AM   #255
Chris01
n00b

Kodos or Chuck just seeing if either of you wanted to get our week 5 or 6 game in anytime soon. Thanks
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 02:22 AM   #256
Vince
Pro Starter

Hey, I haven't been able to get my game in with BigDPW, but he told me late last week that he's been having family issues, and that's why he's not around. I haven't exactly been widely available myself, actually, so in any case, I wouldn't be averse to taking a loss for the game (although I'd rather not).

Fritz (and BigDPW), when are you available tomorrow? I've got a lot of time in the middle of the day, but class and an Intramural basketball game in the early evening. I'm open from 12 PST to 3:00 PST, and then again from 5:00 PST to 7:30 PST. Let me know if either of you can play tomorrow.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:26 AM   #257
RainRaven
High School JV

I'll be there at noon.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:44 AM   #258
BigDPW
College Prospect

Vince I will be available to play today from about 12 EST to 5 EST... Let me know if you get this message... I will check my email of and on during this time as well as try to leave AIM on so you can contact me...

This also goes for any of the other people I am set to play (weeks 3-6)...

As Vince said I have recently found out some bad medical news about one of my loved ones and it has hit me pretty hard. I plan to makeup the game with Vince so giving him a loss would be pretty harsh since both of us had "life on lifes terms" problems last week. I am also gearing up for 3 exams next friday so my time is a little more limited than usual so please bear with me as I try to get 3-4 games in this week...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:17 AM   #259
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Vince,

I will be available after about 5 Eastern, but I am not so sure about the PS2. I was moving from my office to my family room and I dropped it down the staircase after tripping over our cat.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:07 PM   #260
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
Vince,

I will be available after about 5 Eastern, but I am not so sure about the PS2. I was moving from my office to my family room and I dropped it down the staircase after tripping over our cat.

It's really amazing the problems cats have caused the FML, isn't it?

(for reference, my cats knocked my cable modem off its shelf and de-synched it during one of my games in FML season 1)
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:44 PM   #261
joegibbsjr.
n00b

RainRaven and I played our week 5 game today. 1 word to describe this 1, "UGLY"!!!!! The kickers basically decided this 1. I made 3 FGs, Rainraven missed 2. The lag we had all game didnt help either. Final score:

Redskins- 18
Chiefs- 7

Good Game RainRaven!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 12:47 PM   #262
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Radii
It's really amazing the problems cats have caused the FML, isn't it?

(for reference, my cats knocked my cable modem off its shelf and de-synched it during one of my games in FML season 1)

My cats have a way of trying to jump into my lap at just the wrong time during games. I attribute all of my losses to the cats. Yes, even the 56-0 loss.

Chris, I should be available tomorrow night or Thursday night. Tonight probably won't work for me.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:12 PM   #263
joegibbsjr.
n00b

I was beating a guy that I had never beaten before (he beat me twice) and was up by 10 with less than a minute to go with the ball. My dog bumped in to my PS2 which was laying on the floor and hit the disc eject button. Game was disconnected. I almost cried, lol.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:51 PM   #264
Chuck127
n00b

RAIN RAVEN....PRIMELORD....CHRIS01

Im am now available to play any of these people at thier conveinence! I have not responded the last couple of days due to computer failures.....ahh who am i kidding my Internet provider suspended my service due to me being late in paying my bill last month! WHOOOPS!! Anyway the bill is paid and I am back in full effect! Sorry guys, I'm ready to play now!
Chuck127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 02:28 PM   #265
BigDPW
College Prospect

FML Week 5
Titans at Patriots

This was a defensive struggle the whole way. While the Patriots didn't turn the ball over they couldn't get anything going offensively either. They were able to muster 3 FGs in the game where the Titans D was kicking their asses. Luckily for the Patriots their D brought their "A" game as well and held the Titans offense to just one touchdown. In all honesty the Titans should have won this game but their 2 INTs killed them (both coming on what seemed to be scoring drives).

With the 4th quarter getting started the Patriots regained control of the ball down 6-7 and controlled the clock and moved down the field for one of their few decent drives all day long and were able to kick a 40 yd FG to go up 2 with 40 ticks left and leaving the Titans with no timeouts. The Titans were unable to mount a scoring drive against such odds and the Patriots were able to take the win.

Patriots - 9
Titans - 7

Raven - Great game. I hate we disconnected in the first attempt. You really dominated the whole time we played and I am at a loss for how I ended up winning. You can do more with the Titans Offense than anyone I have seen. You make them very versatile and tough to defend using all of their options even though some of them are not as skilled as I am sure you would wish.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:29 PM   #266
Chris01
n00b

Kodos I know (well not personally) a str8, honest, fair, player who would like to play and take over the Chargers if Burnt gives up his ownership rights and if you don't have a backup. Also let's shoot for Thursday Kodos. What times good for you? Chuck I can play tonight after 9:30 pst if you'd like.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:31 PM   #267
BigDPW
College Prospect

Vince and Doug,

I am able to play out week 3 and 6 games this afternoon from now until about 5pm EST. After that I may be able to at some point but I am not real sure about this evening.

AIM me or Email me if you get a chance to play soon...
Old 02-18-2003, 03:12 PM   #268
Chuck127
n00b

Chris01, Ya Ill play tonight.......although I'll look for ya on AIM throughout the day because Im not sure what the time difference is for pst - cst? I think when u say 9:30 pst that means 11:30 cst for me? I dont know....but ya we can play tonight!
Old 02-18-2003, 04:02 PM   #269
Vince
Pro Starter

Man, these close games are killing me. With the game on the line, Indy has the ball on the New England 26, 10 seconds left on the clock, 4th and 10. Manning drops back...Harrison is jammed at the line! The offensive line crumbles...on his back foot, Manning throws to the endzone to a double covered wide receiver...and it's batted down! Turnover on downs, game over.

Final:
Patriots 17
Colts 13

Good game BigDPW...I seem to keep playing just well enough to lose.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:11 PM   #270
BigDPW
College Prospect

Pats - Colts game was the week 3 game...

Awesome game Vince... You had me sweating that game alot...

I am looking to play my week 6 game with Doug sometime soon...

Also if anyone wants to get a head start on next weeks games - Primelord and Fritz... b/c I have 3 exams next Fri and will probably be pretty busy... Lemme know if you think we can swing those games soon or maybe at least one of them...
Old 02-18-2003, 05:08 PM   #271
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
I seem to keep playing just well enough to lose.

Sadly, that is much better than I've been playing. I'm in a terrible slump right now.

Chris: I returned your friend's PM on the MaddenOnline board and directed him to this thread. He is welcome to take burnt's place, since he seems to have disappeared.

As for our game, how about 9 CST on Thursday?
Old 02-18-2003, 05:16 PM   #272
CoachTD7
n00b

Thanks Kodos and Chris

Thank you Kodos and Chris for letting me in the league. How many games do I need to make up? I know this is str8, but are there any specific rules if so where do I find them? Thanks is GMT time minus 7 hours or plus 7 hours? Thanks again!

Coach TD7

http://www.geocities.com/tretd7/Fmlmainpage.html
CoachTD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:33 PM   #273
Raven
College Prospect

If a game gets disconnected near the end of the 1st quarter, and there is a score - do you start over at 0-0 or do you start over and tack the first score onto the new game?

I'm not going to be a sore loser about this, I just want to know if there is a rule for this. I ask because it happened in my game against the Pats. I was up 7-0 and we got disconnected. I thought we should add the score on, but BigDPW said the rule was to start over since it was still early in the game.

Again, I'll take the loss if thats the rule, just want to clarify.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:51 PM   #274
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
We used a guideline like this for the first FML incarnation:

1. If the disconnect is in the first half, just start over.
2. If the disconnect is in a close game in the second half, start over using the score from the first half and just replay the second half.
3. If the disconnect is in a game that has already been clearly decided, both teams can agree to let whatever the score was be the final score.

This system seemed to work pretty well, although it is far from being perfect.

Raven, here is the rule that was originally posted a couple weeks ago, pertaining to disconnects. It's from page 2 I think. Anyhow, it's not a perfect rule, but I don't think there is a perfect solution out there. BigDPW was correct in his interpretation of the rule. Sorry it appears to have cost you this time.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:58 PM   #275
BigDPW
College Prospect

Raven,
I am sorry about the disconnect... And I am sorry that the rule cost you the game... I just felt like since the disconnect seemed to come from your end and it was in the 1st qtr that we shold simply start over... If you would like to replay the game and start with a 7 - 0 score I am willing to do that to make peace over the whole situation... I in no way was trying to screw you out of the game I was just trying to do what the rules stated... I just didn't want the game to end up being 3-4 partial games combined to be one score...

Again I apologize if you are upset and you are welcome to AIM me and we can figure out a better solution if you are disatisfied with the way it panned out...
Old 02-18-2003, 05:59 PM   #276
Kodos
Resident Alien

Re: Thanks Kodos and Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by CoachTD7
Thank you Kodos and Chris for letting me in the league. How many games do I need to make up? I know this is str8, but are there any specific rules if so where do I find them? Thanks is GMT time minus 7 hours or plus 7 hours? Thanks again!

Coach TD7

Hey Coach TD. We are currently playing Weeks 5 and 6 of the season, so there would be 4 previous games for you to make up. We'll be patient and let you get them played as you are able. Any forfeits for S.D. will be wiped away when you play.

As for the time thing, if you go into your control panel, there is an option to set it to your local time.

As for the rules, the most general rule is don't play like an idiot. There are other rules spelled out in more detail earlier in this thread, but pretty much if you play like the games are played on Sundays, you shouldn't have a problem. We use 6 minute quarters on All Pro, fatigue on, random weather on, injuries on. Generally, 2 games per week are scheduled. There is a forfeit rule if you don't get your games played on time, but this rule has only been applied so far to teams that are not trying to get their games played. If people starting falling too far behind, then the rule will be applied more strictly, but right now there is still some leeway because real life sometimes gets in the way. If you browse through earlier pages of this thread, you'll run across any other info you might need. We meet up in the FML room with a password of "FOF". Let me know if there are any other questions.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:00 PM   #277
BigDPW
College Prospect

Also I agree it is an imperfect rule... But I think combining scores from several "partial games" is pretty imperfect also...
Old 02-18-2003, 06:04 PM   #278
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah. There isn't really a clear rule that works best for all situations. I think, since nobody objected when the rule was first suggested, that we stick with it. It sucks for Raven, but he didn't object to the rule when it was originally posted, nor did anyone else. In the end, you just kinda have to realize that it is only a game, as frustrating as losing in that manner might be.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:13 PM   #279
Kodos
Resident Alien

It's kinda like the controversial Patriots win over the Raiders in the playoffs after Brady's fumble that was ruled an incompletion. Yes, it was a huge factor in the Patriots winning, but the Raiders still had a chance to win even after the bad rule was applied. Raven had a chance to beat you in the replayed game, but he failed. It sucked for the Raiders then, and it sucks for Raven now, but the rule was in place and was used correctly. I think BigDPW's win should stand.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:37 PM   #280
RainRaven
High School JV

Me and Chuck played our game this afternoon. We played the most of two halfs after disconnects with the unofficial combined score 24 Bears (Chuck)- 21 Chiefs (Me). We had about a full quarter of unplayed time to play but He said he had to go and gave me the win. He can confirm that here or if he wants to play that last 6 min. to determine the winner that would be fine too... the ball is in your court
Old 02-18-2003, 06:58 PM   #281
Chuck127
n00b

WEEK #3
CHIEFS @ BEARS

CHIEFS WIN

I didnt want to deal with the lag and disconnects at certain points of the game anymore

So kodos or whoever just make up a score I dont care!

Last edited by Chuck127 : 02-19-2003 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:59 PM   #282
Raven
College Prospect

I'll take the loss. If that's the rule, it sucks for me in this situation, but I can deal with it.

I'm not complaining.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 07:09 PM   #283
CoachTD7
n00b

Time do you guys meet in FML?

What time do you guys meet in FML? Thanks for the info. Kodos. Should I email the people I have to play or leave a message on this board asking them? Thanks!

Coach TD7

http://www.geocities.com/tretd7/Fmlmainpage.html
CoachTD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 07:26 PM   #284
BigDPW
College Prospect

Coach,
You can contact people however you would like to... Probably using a combo of AIM, email, and this board will be best... If you want to email me your information I will update you on the FML Contact Page (a word file I sent to all of the owners) and I will resend it to everyone including you so everyone will have your info...

All I need is your:
Madden ID
AIM ID
Email addy

You can PM me or you can email me at dwatson17 at cox.net

Welcome to the league... BTW we were to play in week 4 so if you wanna play anytime soon let me know...
Old 02-19-2003, 01:00 AM   #285
Chuck127
n00b

WEEK 6
SAINTS @ BEARS

SAINTS WIN 28-14

Apparently my team forgot the fundamentals of football in the first half. A crucial roughing the passer on 3rd and long, a fumbled kickoff return, and tons of dropped passes put my team down by a bunch in the first half. While the saints lit up the scoreboard like the 4th of July. I had to double check and make sure I was playing madden and not watching the 3 stooges or something! It was either 21 or 28-0 at half. (cant remember) I managed to get a couple of lucky TD's in the second half.

In all seriousness, I take nothing away from the way the saints played. They played a great game and have a great coach with Chris01. He knows how to use his team well, and his record in this league reflects that.

Thanks for the game Chris01! Youre a great baller and a class act! I'll be preparing for our game in week 12

Last edited by Chuck127 : 02-19-2003 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:41 AM   #286
Chris01
n00b

Thanks Chuck. Good thing I got a few lucky bounces my way in the first half because you held me scoreless and forced me to punt like 4-5 times in a row in the second half. Plus your offense stepped up outscoring mine 14-0 in the second hal . Without that first half cushion who knows who would have won. Thank you for a str8 classy game as well bud.

Chris
Old 02-19-2003, 01:50 AM   #287
Chris01
n00b

Also Kodos thanks for letting Coach replace Burnt. In my experiences with him through Madden, this cat is a str8 legit baller like I said earlier and I'm sure he'll be a good fit for this league which is a great league I must say. Also Thursday at 9central (I believe 7 my time) will be fine by me. Take care Kodos.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:04 PM   #288
RainRaven
High School JV

Hey primelord... let me know when you can play our week 6 game.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:20 PM   #289
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Fritz PS2 is no longer working
Old 02-19-2003, 12:27 PM   #290
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sorry to hear that, but PS2s and stairs are rarely a good mix. Are you going to replace it?
Old 02-19-2003, 01:42 PM   #291
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
Fritz PS2 is no longer working

So what you are saying is your PS2 is on the fritz?

I'm sorry.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 02:16 PM   #292
Vince
Pro Starter

Man, Fritz, that sucks dry cat ass.

I hope you can fix it, because a PS2 is an expensive thing to have to replace.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:12 PM   #293
BigDPW
College Prospect

Week 6
Patriots at Bills

The game was a well contested one and the score does not reflect the intensity with which it was played. On one occasion the Bills were certain to score after a fumbled kickoff return by Deion Branch but missed a 30 yard FG off the upright. After that they were forced to go to the air to makeup a considerable deficit but were unable to but together any scoring drives.

Final Score:
Patriots - 24
Bills - 0

The Bills had no turnovers in the game and the Patriots threw one INT.

Doug - The score does not give this game justice. You fought very hard and I caught some rather lucky breaks. (i.e. A punt return for a TD, you not converting on the INT or the fumbled kickoff return, and several key drops by your receivers). I look forward to our next matchup.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:13 PM   #294
BigDPW
College Prospect

Fritz

I am also very sorry about your PS2... I hope you are able to work that situation out without it costing you too much...
Old 02-19-2003, 05:55 PM   #295
Chris01
n00b

That sucks Fritz sorry to hear about that. Damn cat. Think anyone would buy the cat for $299.99?

Chris
Old 02-19-2003, 06:03 PM   #296
Kodos
Resident Alien

They're only $199 these days, so that's somewhat cheaper. You can probably pick up a used one pretty cheap at EB or one of those types of stores. Still sucks though.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:51 PM   #297
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

I will get a new one, but it wont be for a little while. I blew my fun money on V-day and will have to save up. Sorry guys.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:34 PM   #298
Kodos
Resident Alien

No problem, Fritz. I'd be pretty upset if my PS2 bought the farm.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:09 AM   #299
Chris01
n00b

I should have known that considering I replaced mine like 2 months ago. Brainfart I guess.

Chris
Old 02-20-2003, 03:54 AM   #300
Chris01
n00b

What does the title Waterboy thing under my name mean? I just noticed that.