Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-13-2005, 12:29 PM   #251
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Loading up madden, I see that he actually only changed the run blocking for the CPU (despite what his notes say) in the level 2 sliders. He upped it 2 notches. I'm going to up the Human run blocking 1 notch in addition to upping the CPU run blocking 2 notches.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-13-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:33 PM   #252
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I walk into a GameSpot yesterday and see the demo set up and decided to give it a test drive. I haven't played more than a minute of any Madden version in 10 years.

Opening kickoff and Dante Hall fumbles.
Denver recovers and scores a TD on their drive.
Hall takes the ensuing kickoff and I return it to the 40. That was the last man I had to beat or I would have had a TD. I wasn't sure how to use any juke controls and I ened up running into the tackler.
First play from scrimmage and I see Priest Holmes wind open coming out of the backfield. I throw it to him, press the A-button and run straight forward. Holmes breaks a tackle without any effort and scores a TD.

I then immediately remembered why I stopped buying the franchise 10 years ago.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:46 PM   #253
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
I walk into a GameSpot yesterday and see the demo set up and decided to give it a test drive. I haven't played more than a minute of any Madden version in 10 years.

Opening kickoff and Dante Hall fumbles.
Denver recovers and scores a TD on their drive.
Hall takes the ensuing kickoff and I return it to the 40. That was the last man I had to beat or I would have had a TD. I wasn't sure how to use any juke controls and I ened up running into the tackler.
First play from scrimmage and I see Priest Holmes wind open coming out of the backfield. I throw it to him, press the A-button and run straight forward. Holmes breaks a tackle without any effort and scores a TD.

I then immediately remembered why I stopped buying the franchise 10 years ago.

I'm not sure what level you were playing on, but just on all-pro default that's going to happen pretty rarely. In 10+ games worth of play, I've had one 60+ yard TD run and had one long swing pass go the distance. (and that took a perfect throw by Plummer to Tatum Bell where the defender just missed picking it off) Against me, the CPU has broke two 50+ yard TD runs and about 1 50+ yard pass play ever couple of games.

If anything, the CPU and myself are struggling to score points, not the other way around.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #254
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Just had the coolest TD run ever. Use the truck stick and in the process MY helmet gets popped off, but he breaks the tackle and scores the TD with no helmet. Looked pretty fucking funny with his mouthpiece still in at the end spiking the ball with no helmet.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:10 PM   #255
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'll almost bet that was rookie level. I doubt it was any higher than Pro level, Kcchief. All-pro is tough.

I just had a great game against the Baltimore Ravens using my Eagles in a pre-season game. We won 20-17, but I was sweating it as Wright drove them down the field with under 2 minutes to go. They ran a very nice 2 minute drill (and definitely isn't messed up like NCAA's is.) With 5 seconds to go, they threw a 22 yard pass into the endzone that Roderick Hood barely knocked down before it found the receiver.

A few things I noticed:

- Not only can QB's duck under defenders, but HB's can too! It was so cool to see Correll Buckhalter duck under a diving high defender and then run for a few more yards before the defense caught him.

- Passing is so much more realistic. I tried scrambling with McNabb to my left and throwing on a dead run against his body to some extent. That didn't work out well at all as he threw a lame duck. Fortunately, Greg Lewis played defense and knocked it away before a defender could intercept it.

- I love that I can actually lob passes over LB's but underneath the safety now. I'm getting better at the intermediate routes and getting the right amount of touch on them.

- Baltimore ran the ball really well against me (perhaps due to the sliders, but I don't think so) and then used great play action passes to tear me up.

- I was running the ball well against them (surprisingly) early. They started loading up 8 men in the box. I started throwing deep on them and they backed off. They really disguised their defenses well at times too.

A few slider specific comments:

I tried version 2 (which is supposed to cause fewer pancakes) and Tra Thomas had 7 in a half. Ogden had 8 in a half. So, they aren't working to reduce pancakes that well. However, the rushing average was better. I averaged 3.3 with Westbrook (but Ray Lewis had a lot to do with keeping that down) and 3.7 in the second half with Buckhalter when Lewis wasn't in the game. Most of my yardage was between the tackles which I do well with if I read my blocks correctly.

- Thanks to good play action, Boller completed 55% which seems in the ballpark.

- Thanks to some good reads, I completed 60% with McNabb before I pulled him.

- I could only complete 45% with McMahon and 47% with Detmer.

Overall, it was a very fun game.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:38 PM   #256
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan there not much you can do to reduce pancakes. its the engine problem.

but with playmaker sliders for run blk and pass blk reduce from default. it helps a little in reducing the pancakes.

the more you run, the more pancakes you get.

i sugest to keep it as Playmaker has it above for level 1 and level 2.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:46 PM   #257
TroyF
Coordinator

Eagles,

I'm noticing the same things. Passing is tough, but fair. I think I'll have to play with the sliders a little bit (I'll try Playmakers later today) because the INT's on both sides are high.

Jake Plummer looks like. . . Jake Plummer. I'll have it down and start feeling comfortable and then just go through a disasterous stretch where I can't hit a thing, save the defenders in dead on stride.

I love how the CPU disguises the defenses. I think I'm in man on man coverage, drop back and watch in horror as my first read is doubled up and my second is jammed at the line. Not a good feeling.

I'm having a lot of success with the "back juke" move on inside runs, especially if they clog the line quick. Had a run with Tatum Bell today where the line was clogged, I used the move and found some daylight to the right. Broke free for a 35 yard gain.

I'm impressed thus far. Much more enjoyable than NCAA IMHO, and I really liked NCAA.

This is the first year I've played Madden that I'm impressed with the running game. If you read your blocks you can run inside, as well as hit the corner. More runs going for 3-5 yards than anything else. In past versions of Madden, I'd always end up with either 0 yards or 15. There was rarely any in between.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:16 PM   #258
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
Eagles,

I'm noticing the same things. Passing is tough, but fair. I think I'll have to play with the sliders a little bit (I'll try Playmakers later today) because the INT's on both sides are high.

Jake Plummer looks like. . . Jake Plummer. I'll have it down and start feeling comfortable and then just go through a disasterous stretch where I can't hit a thing, save the defenders in dead on stride.

I love how the CPU disguises the defenses. I think I'm in man on man coverage, drop back and watch in horror as my first read is doubled up and my second is jammed at the line. Not a good feeling.

I'm having a lot of success with the "back juke" move on inside runs, especially if they clog the line quick. Had a run with Tatum Bell today where the line was clogged, I used the move and found some daylight to the right. Broke free for a 35 yard gain.

I'm impressed thus far. Much more enjoyable than NCAA IMHO, and I really liked NCAA.

This is the first year I've played Madden that I'm impressed with the running game. If you read your blocks you can run inside, as well as hit the corner. More runs going for 3-5 yards than anything else. In past versions of Madden, I'd always end up with either 0 yards or 15. There was rarely any in between.

I agree with everything you said.

Also, I think you'll see a nice reduction in interceptions if you try Playmaker's sliders. With version 2 in my last game, Boller threw 1 and McMahon threw 2, but it seemed a bit better. I agree that default All-Pro produces a bit too many interceptions.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #259
jbmagic
Pro Starter

wow

i just play a great game.

My Raiders lost to the Browns 19-13 in overtime.

i had a chance to win in regulation with a fg. i am all lineup ready to kick it and they call a timeout to try to ice me. i never seen that before.

i miss the fg and we go into overtime

i lose on a 49 yard fumble return in OT.

i feel like defense is easier than playing offense so far. i stop the Browns Run with 37 total rushing yards By Suggs on 29 attempts 1.2 yards per carry

i am getting better in running fine. i find out its best to not use the sprint button always.
Lamont Jordan 138 yards on 28 attempts 4.9avg per carry 1 td 1 fumble. 2 times i ran over 20 yards

Pancakes was high still even with run blk and pass blk low like Playmaker has it. i think there nothing we can do about it. but seems better than the defaul.
Sims had 10 pancakes, Gallery had 8 pancakes, Crockett 7 pancakes, Grove had 6 pancakes.

The Browns had Shelton with 11 pancakes, Tucker with 8 pancakes, Faine with 7 pancakes

but my passing needs lots of work with the cones.
Collins was 12 for 31 171 yards sack 4 times 1 td 1 int

i need to learn how to read defense better. any tips?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #260
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jbmagic,

The biggest thing for me is reading only specific players (for example if I'm running a post, I'm only reading the Safeties, the MLB, and the corner covering my guy.) and choosing to throw it very quickly. I anticipate where the receiver is going, and don't wait for him to get there or the pass rush would get me. I'm actually getting fairly good at passing. I just had a 66% completion game with McNabb against the Bengals. I was only sacked once.

Also, use the running game to set up the passing game if you can. I ran Westbrook and Buckhalter hard in the beginning and used play action.

It was fun to see the CPU have a good passing day agaisnt me which they did. The Bengals do have a talented group of receivers. The game would have been close, but Palmer threw two red zone interceptions. As a result, I ended up beating them 38-7. However, Palmer threw for about 150 yards in a half of playing time.

One other thing I've noticed is that guys with lower accuracy, it seems to me, to be magnified for the deep ball. If so, that is very cool. For example, McMahon doesn't have a very high rating for accuracy but he does fairly well when I keep it short or medium but it his deep ball is long or wide more than McNabb's and more than his short throws.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #261
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

There are no changes to those sliders except he posted penalty sliders which I've already done almost the same thing with penalties. I'm glad to say that I'm see a nice variety and number of penalties. I meant to mention it, and forgot but in my game against the Bengals, their DB was having trouble keeping up with Greg Lewis. He managed to draw two defensive pass interference calls including one where I saw him being held about 15 yards down the field and purposefully threw it to him drawing the penalty. That was a very cool play and I would have been afraid to do it in previous versions of the game.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #262
jbmagic
Pro Starter

thanks Eaglefan27

he posted penalty sliders before. if you got the sliders the first time i posted, you might want to check his final sliders to be sure you have it all ok now.

are you using all the new features and old features when you play?

once i get my read down i think i will be ok.

i love this game so far. there so many different things i havent try it. like formation specific audibles yet.

and i better set up my regular audibles especially defense when they do the hurry up offense.

i must be blind but i not seeing the center do any movement for the signal calling for the blitz that coming.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-13-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:19 PM   #263
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I use almost all of the features. I almost never direct a receiver using the playmaker. I prefer to throw it quick and lead my receivers.

I'm finding the most important new features to me to be:

- sliding blocking protection

- formation specific audibles (i use this quite a bit)

- The precision passing

- Of course, the cone is tied into that.

Jb, My center doesn't do that animation all of the time or even most of the time, just some of the time.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:23 PM   #264
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan27

when you say you lead your receivers, what do you mean?

is that throwing it before he reaches his mark?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:31 PM   #265
jbmagic
Pro Starter

The formation shift is pretty cool too.

its different than formation audible.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:53 PM   #266
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I mean that I'm locked onto my receiver with the vision cone and I'll throw it even before he makes his cut. In previous versions you couldn't do this because it would throw it like a streak if you threw it before he made his move to make it a hitch.

Also, one crossing routes and post routes I use precision passing to throw it ahead of them (left if the are going left) and lead them to where they are going to be.

I was just in the middle of a great defensive battle with the Jets. The roster update that I used has Ty Law on their team and he is doing well against T.O. John Abrahams is tough to control too. However, I'm on call and have to go see a patient or two now. It's times like this that I'm glad Madden has in-game saves.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #267
bselig
n00b

I'm really, really bad at drafting for some reason. I get booed for every pick, and in this last one I actually got a C in the draft grade, worst I've seen.
bselig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #268
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Playmaker slider news.

Looks like he going to make another modification to his sliders.
sorry i tought it was going to be his final.

i will post it here when its ready

Quote:
I think I found away to open up the passing game on both sides to make it more realistic overall. I did the 0 KDWN and it's pretty realistic. But the INT Slider is the key so when I get back I'll make the modifications and then both sets should be scary realistic. I found a away to also make the CPU's running game more consistent from team to team aswell. I'll post those changes later.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-13-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #269
TroyF
Coordinator

Everything Eagles daid jb, though I'll add one tip of my own.

If you call a play action pass after you've ran the ball really well, make sure one of your WR is set to run a streak or fade route. Lock onto that guy and watch the CB after the play action is run. If you get a guy with low awareness, the CB will bite on the PA and never get back in time. I've had a few long gainers like this.

The other tip I can give is that if it's not a quick route you are throwing, make your first "read" be the blitz. Look for safeties or LB's coming through. If you see one, immediately look to the receiver on the side of the blitz. He'll likely be in man on man. Use the low throw where only he can get it. If there is no blitz, look through your reads, you'll have a couple of seconds if your offensive line is any good at all.

Oh, and practice, practice, practice. Set your offense to random play formation, all pass and the defense to random play formation. Have a ball. It's not exactly like you'll see in the game (with defenses geared to stop your main player or PA working really well), but the more you drop back, the better you'll get.

A good hour of that one session and you'll find yourself getting better, slowly but surely.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:37 PM   #270
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Playmaker slider news.

Looks like he going to make another modification to his sliders.
sorry i tought it was going to be his final.

i will post it here when its ready

Is that guy like a Madden robot or something? I HATE sliders! I'm hoping AP plays well out of the box, if this game becomes a slider mess, it's going on ebay.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 06:43 PM   #271
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Is that guy like a Madden robot or something? I HATE sliders! I'm hoping AP plays well out of the box, if this game becomes a slider mess, it's going on ebay.

I'm the opposite. I play on default for awhile and then tweak the sliders accordingly. (I'll certainly test sliders out as well)

So many times the pro level is too easy and the AP level is incredibly hard, without sliders I can't even play the game.

Even in this Madden, everything is playing pretty well for me, but I'm getting sacked a bit much and I'm throwing too many INT's. Sliders will help tweak both of these and allow me to fit the game to my skill level.

In short, I won't buy a game that doesn't have sliders.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:43 PM   #272
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Same here. I haven't played it since I got it last Sunday because I'm afraid that the settings out of the box aren't going to be that well, and I'll have to fuss with it to make it better. I made a couple of changes to NCAA, but mostly just to the penalty sliders, and left everything else the same, and I like the results I'm getting from NCAA.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 06:50 PM   #273
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just got it. My initial impressions are that it's pretty good. I was dreading the QB vision thing, but I actually like it. Much harder, but I think once I get used to it, it will be deadly.

Oh, and precision passing is great. It's like maximum passing for NFL2k. Especially to Randy Moss.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:04 PM   #274
aran
High School Varsity

I played with Playmaker's easier sliders and Curtis Martin ran for 230 yards and 3 touchdowns while Pennington threw 3 ints and only completed like 46% of his passes. Fiedler did lead us to a win in OT, though, with an incredible land-and-air drive from our own thirty all the way down to their 20. Thanks to training the rookie kicker, the FG was a chip shot, and we pulled out an amazing win, despite 4 interceptions (3 Pen, 2 Fied).

Fun game .
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:20 PM   #275
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
The draft and Free Agent AI is improved from my 3 times simming through a season and going into the second season. It's not perfect, but it is significantly better than last year.

That is the only difference that I've seen.

Bill Abner is reporting that the AI is drafting 7 kickers in the 2nd round and 6 punters in the 4th round. This is something that has been seem happening regularly. So, the drafting AI maybe better but still kind of poor.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:31 PM   #276
Galaril
Pro Starter

Also, how is the coach mode is anyone playing it in that mode?Sliders?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:41 PM   #277
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Bill Abner is reporting that the AI is drafting 7 kickers in the 2nd round and 6 punters in the 4th round. This is something that has been seem happening regularly. So, the drafting AI maybe better but still kind of poor.

I've done three test drafts and I've only seen max of 3 kickers taken in the 2nd round. I've never gone past the 3rd round in my test drafts, so I may have missed that punter issue.

Edit: However, I believe Bill. He seems like a standup guy.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-13-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:43 PM   #278
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Todd, it really does play well out of box (except for the lack of punt returns), but I wanted to see if it was even better with this slider set because so many people rave about his slider set. The game is very defensive oriented (but not too much so) without the sliders. I find these sliders open up the passing game and make it a more offensive game.

It plays even better with the set IMHO. However, it plays very nicely without the sliders.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #279
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Also, how is the coach mode is anyone playing it in that mode?Sliders?

I really liked the coach mode except for the fact that scrambling QB's didn't run.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:25 PM   #280
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Redarding the draft. Do AI ctrled teams draft according to need or according to best available and /or best qb available. I hated it last year when a team that picked a qb as a top 10 pick wold do the same the next year.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #281
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Redarding the draft. Do AI ctrled teams draft according to need or according to best available and /or best qb available. I hated it last year when a team that picked a qb as a top 10 pick wold do the same the next year.

I only did the first year draft 3 times. I don't know about 2nd year and beyond drafting. The only suspicious pick I saw in my test drafts was GB taking a QB in the 1st round. I thought that was odd with Rodgers already on their team.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:20 PM   #282
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I only did the first year draft 3 times. I don't know about 2nd year and beyond drafting. The only suspicious pick I saw in my test drafts was GB taking a QB in the 1st round. I thought that was odd with Rodgers already on their team.

Not odd, they just realized early that he sucked and moved on.

I decided to start a franchise (temporary, because I'll be playing the XBox version instead of the PS2 shortly). I figured I'd played with Jake Plummer about all I wanted to and decided to sim a fantasy draft.

The draft ends about ten minutes later. . . and my starting QB is Jake Plummer. With Danny Kanell backing him up.

For the love of God. . .
Old 08-13-2005, 11:23 PM   #283
bselig
n00b

It seems like awareness is a bigger deal in the sim engine then it was in past years. My teams have consistantly had great ratings in the franchise mode but always underachieve when I sim, and as far as I can tell it's due to the crap awareness my guys have on average(never have many veterans, and draft only for speed).
bselig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:27 PM   #284
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I beat San Francisco in my second preseason game 16-3. I had restarted my franchise and lost my first game (again) to Houston 24-6. The SF game was nice, though. We got 10 sacks, and Alex Smith couldn't find anybody to pass to in the first half. He ended up scrambling a lot just to avoid pressure. Unfortunately, I couldn't do a damn thing with Jake Plummer. I think he got sacked 7 times in the first half. Instead of using Danny Kanell in the second half, I used Matt Mauck instead. He finished 10-16 and only got sacked once. I also gave Ron Dayne some playing time and have determined that he clearly needs to rot at the bottom of my depth chart. No shit, huh?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:11 AM   #285
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i love how the deep pass in Madden 2006 is better than NCAA 2006

In Madden 2006 you have to work for it. you have to setup the run first.

In NCAA 2006 it seems easier to get a deep pass more often.

i love both games, But Madden 2006 feels more realistic for passing.

Anybody finish a dynasty in Madden 2006 or NCAA 2006 yet and notice if your offensive line progress alot in ratings because of the high pancakes when playing your games out in franchise mode?

if not, then we dont have to worry about the high pancakes when playing your games out in franchise mode for Madden and NCAA. seems like sliders wont help to reduce the pancakes even with run and pass blk low.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:48 AM   #286
CraigSca
Pro Starter

how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 08-14-2005 at 01:17 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:14 AM   #287
Galaril
Pro Starter

Well,
If anyone cares I have run aseason of three drafts and my results as far as the kicker -punter being drafted too often and earlier is definitely an issue that pretty much is agame killer for me since I play in franchise mode against the AI.I quickly simmed through three years of franchise mode four times so atotal of twelve seasons.I had an overall average of 3.2 kickers drafted in round 2 and a whopping (IMHO) 6.5 punters drafted in the 4th round. It seems broken since punters were always drafted in the fourth and kickers in the second. So, on average franchise mode is wasting about ten draft picks on players that could be acquired through after draft undrafted player signings. I guess if there is a feature to carry out the draft manual , which theer is than this problem can be alleviated as long as there is some kind pick suggestion option. I would hate to have to figure out evry teams draft needs and then draft the correct pick.

Last edited by Galaril : 08-14-2005 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:18 AM   #288
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yes, but think of the leverage the AI teams will have at the trade deadline when each team has 4 placekickers and 4 punters on their roster when you're left with an undrafted free agent!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #289
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

I am so sorry again.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #290
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Todd, it really does play well out of box (except for the lack of punt returns), but I wanted to see if it was even better with this slider set because so many people rave about his slider set. The game is very defensive oriented (but not too much so) without the sliders. I find these sliders open up the passing game and make it a more offensive game.

It plays even better with the set IMHO. However, it plays very nicely without the sliders.

Thanks, in fact I think I'll get some playing time in today. I will say MVP 2005 on the PC is taking a lot of my time though.

I need to play a game to see how I play on AP defaults.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #291
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I just found out that the restricted FA period is still broken.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:39 AM   #292
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
I just found out that the restricted FA period is still broken.

How so?
Old 08-14-2005, 11:54 AM   #293
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

hxxp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/dansik/ncaadynasty007.jpg

There's my td scoring run without his helmet.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #294
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nice pic!
Old 08-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #295
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
How so?

Teams still won't bid on players I offer a contract to.

I had a restricted RB who I offered a 650K 1 year contract to and got him at that price. He was rated 85 overall so I figured that he would at least get an offer from another team.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #296
Kodos
Resident Alien

Last year, I resorted to starting a franchise where I ran all of the other teams, but set everything to autopilot. Then, come draft time, I picked the first few rounds for everyone after scouting team needs. Time consuming, but a way around poor draft AI.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #297
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Last year, I resorted to starting a franchise where I ran all of the other teams, but set everything to autopilot. Then, come draft time, I picked the first few rounds for everyone after scouting team needs. Time consuming, but a way around poor draft AI.

what about trades?

i dont think there an autopilot for trades.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:18 PM   #298
j51
Mascot

Is there a slider that controls defensive backs? Every DB seems to have Deion's recovery speed and Jordan's vertical. If it weren't for the super jumping CBs with magical leather-seeking arms I could really get into this game.
j51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #299
aran
High School Varsity

I have a feeling that this game makes up its mind early on whether you are going to win or lose, then modifies what happens accordingly.

I was just playing the Jags as the Jets, and we shut them down every 1st and 2nd down, holding Toefield to 1 yard per carry on each and Leftwhich couldn't hit anything. Then, magically, on thir down Leftwhich throws into double coverage (something that, if i do it, i get intercepted) with great success and gets 10-20 yards EVERY TIME; or Toefield breaks a 15 yard run.

Meanwhile, on my side of the ball, Curtis Martin (who had an amazing first game against the Chiefs) can't break tackles for shit. Pennington's passes are being DROPPED by McCareins and Jolley. McCareins almost NEVER used to drop passes. He had a great game against the Dolphins where he caught 8, dropped 0, and had 2 TDs. Jolley is leading the team in receptions and has a TD, yet he drops third down passes.

Really strange.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:57 PM   #300
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
what about trades?

i dont think there an autopilot for trades.

I don't think there is one for trades either.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote