Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2004, 03:41 PM   #251
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OOC Note: I'm amazed to look at Kelly's card and see how much his attributes have raised this year. I'm also quite amazed this his "value" is now 180,000 dollars! Mark Smyth has a "value" of 150,000 dollars, but no one else is even close. If I can hold onto him, this 22 year old attacking midfielder could lead this team right into League 2 play at least. He might even be good enough to play well in League 1. Really, very impressive. I decided I have to share his "player card":
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:48 PM   #252
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 25th, 2006 -

Today we host 13th ranked Alfreton. If my calculations are correct, a win or a tie will guarantee us the league title and promotion. Over the past few weeks, left fullback Ben Chapman has been Alfreton's most conistent player. Peter Duffield has been an explosive scorer with 18 goals. Mark Hume has played very well at DC. Kepper Adam Capp has been good in goal lately.

We beat them 6-2 on the road earlier this year as Capp had a very bad game. We lost our 2 meetings against this team last year.

We are even odds favorites.

It's a sunny 55 degree day.

GK: Scarsella
DL: Barnard
DC: Morley
DC: Wall
DR: Black
ML: Wright
MC: Atkins
MR: Collett
AMC: Kelly
SC: Smyth
SC: Palmer

S1: Buxton
S2: Hunter
S3: Surey
S4: Dunning
S5: Farrell
Old 12-29-2004, 04:11 PM   #253
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

First half Ben Chapman and Mark Hume repeatedly turn away Smyth and Kelly with good tackles.. Very nice defense by Alfreton.

Halftime: 0-0

49 minute mark: Wright gets the ball on the left wing.. passes to Smyth at the left corner.. Smyth centers for Palmer at the far post.. Hume heads it away before it gets to Palmer.

59 minute mark: Smyth gets the ball in the left corner.. centers for Palmer by the far post.. Riley the right fullback heads it away.. Kelly gets it outside the box.. passes to Atkins who is right by him.. Atkins passes it to his left to Wright.. Wright shoots from 25 yards out.. blistering shot..sailing between a defender and Smyth.. heading for the upper left corner.. Capp tries to get to it.. he can't.. GOAL!!!!! 1-0!

64 minute mark: Surey on for Atkins, Dunning on for Kelly.

71 minute mark: Chris Bettney steals a Surey pass, he passes it to Emeka Nwadike who is 30 yards out.. Emeka passes it to Cortez Belle who is just inside the right corner of the box.. Belle shoots for the upper left corner... Scarsella dives.. it's past him.. GOAL. 1-1 tie.

88 minute mark: Barnard gets the ball with a steal.. passes it to Wright.. Wright passes it to Smyth.. who dribbles down the left sideline.. Smyth goes around one defender.. centers for Dunning at the near post.. Dunning heads it to Palmer who is by the far post.. the keeper is still playing Dunning.. quick header by Palmer.. GOAL!!!! 2-1. What a stylish goal!

Game over. 2-1 win.

We outshot them 10-7 (7-2 on goal)

Wright wins MoM, 23 of 32 passes, 0 of 2 tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 3 interceptions, 1 run, and 1 goal.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:19 PM   #254
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

The champagne flowed as it was officially announced that we have won the English Conference North! Atkins made a great speech about how he always had confidence in me (yeah right!) and thought I was a great manager. He said that he was proud to be part of my coaching staff as well as playing under me. Kelly said he was really glad that Huddersfield had let him go because he enjoyed playing for me. He hoped that we could be together for a long time. The team's morale is excellent and it's party time tonight!

Mr. Fotherby gave an interview to a TV reporter, and he said, "I have no doubt that Christopher Engles will help us win for a long time. He is a top flight manager." One of the clubs boosters was interviewed by the press, and as could be imagined he was quite jubiliant!

I can't wait for the challenge of the English Conference National.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-29-2004 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:27 PM   #255
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 27th, 2006 -

Today I find myself facing a tough decision. Do I rest my main guys with the league title wrapped up or do I play them still. The players have made it clear they want to keep playing as they want to try to set a conference north record for points in a season. I decide that I will work in some of the young guys on my bench with usually just 1 or 2 a game, and I will play most of my regulars of rnow.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #256
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 30th, 2006 -

Kelly suffered a bruised sternum in practice today. The physio says that he should rest for at least 2 weeks. I decide that I'm going to rotate in a few new guys in the upcoming game.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:56 PM   #257
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 1st, 2006 -

Today we travel to play 22nd place Wakefield & Emley. They have had a horrible year and are certain to be relegated. They have 6 wins, 6 draws and 25 losses. Nathan Kamara, a right fullback on loan from York, is the only player who is really playing well. Their Keeper, Paul Cuss, has given up an astonishing 85 goals this year. Scott Clarke is a promising young striker who has 11 goals on the season and might be more dangerous if he had more players that could set him up.

We beat them 5-0 earlier in the year in our only meeting ever.

We are heavy 1:2 favorites.

It's a beautiful sunny 62 degree day.

Our lineup:

DL: Marc Smith (time to give the young fullback some PT)
DC: Shepherd (will likely rest wall most of the rest of the season since the physio has occasionally said he needs the rest. I don't want to burn this 18 year old out.)
MC: Surey (Atkins deserves some rest)
MR: Turley (one last ditch hope that some team will be desperate enough to buy him before he becomes a free transfer - this is unlikely)
AMC: Hunter (for the injured Kelly)

S1: Buxton (contract is almost over and I'm fairly sure this 29 year old keeper is not the answer at backup keeper.. I need to find a new young kid over the next few months to backup Scarsella.. or an old skilled veteran.)

S2: Fox (hoping to give my former starter some PT)
S3: Curtis (will start rotating him into the defense)
S5: Farrell
Old 12-29-2004, 05:22 PM   #258
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

21 minute mark: Marc Smith with a nice play from the left fullback slot to intercept a pass.. he sends it to Wright.. Wright sends it to Smyth.. Smyth dribbles into the left edge of the box.. crosses for Palmer.. Palmer shoots.. over the bar.

28 minute mark: They hit us on the counter.. Jonjo Dickman gets it at midfield.. he passes it up the field to Andy Watson who is in the right portion of the box.. Watson immediately passes it to his left to Scott Clarke. Clarke kicks it for the lower left corner.. Scarsella dives.. it's past him.. GOAL. 1-0.

42 minute mark: Smyth gets it on the left wing.. dribbles up the left sideline.. gets to the corner.. crosses for Palmer at the far post.. the keeper intercepts it.

44 minute mark: Marc Smith has been playing bad the last few minutes (4 for form!) and now he has picked up an injury. He will have to go off at the next play stoppage... Dunning on for Smith. I guess the young fullback wasn't ready to play this game.

45 minute mark: Turley picks up an injury, he can't continue. Fox on for Turley.

Halftime: 1-0.

62 minute mark: Colin Hunter gets called for unfairly jumping with Scott Clarke in our own box... Hunter is given a yellow card and a penatly shot is awarded... Mark Smyth is furious.. he is arguing with the ref... He gets away with a warning. Scott Clarke takes the penalty shot.. he shoots.. high and wide left!

70 minute mark: Fox gets it on the right wing.. he sends pass to Smyth who is just outside the box at the center of the field.. Smyth immediately shoots from 22 yards out.. it sails over Cuss' right shoulder.. GOAL!!! 1-1. That is Smyth's 25 of the year.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

We outshot them 11-10 (4-4 on goal)

Guys clearly took this one off. Marc Smith, Andrew Wright, and Shepherd all ended the game with 4's for form!

However, Smyth, Surey, and Palmer played hard and all had 8's. Most of the rest of the team had 6's. Clearly a little let down after wrapping up the title. I can't really blame them, and I'm not upset as they performed all year when they had to do so.

Surey wins MoM, 20 of 24 passes, 8 of 9 tackles, 2 of 2 headers, 4 interceptions.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:29 PM   #259
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match report: Shepherd must have picked up an injury somewhere during the match. The physio thinks he will miss at least a week with a twisted knee. Palmer strained his groin and will miss 2 weeks at least.

Despite the tie, Wakefield & Emley was officially relegated after our game.

Mr. Fotherby just informed me that our 14 games in a row without a loss is a new team record!
Old 12-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #260
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's really neat reading this one EF. I think you'll agree that FM 2005 has been a hit for you and I'm glad you're doing so well. I just wish my copy would get here.

Good luck tonight!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:51 PM   #261
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It's really neat reading this one EF. I think you'll agree that FM 2005 has been a hit for you and I'm glad you're doing so well. I just wish my copy would get here.

Good luck tonight!

Todd

Glad you are enjoying reading it. I'd definitely agree that FM2005 has been a hit for me. Right now it is my favorite game period, and it's working it's way up my favorite games of all time. I hope your copy gets there soon, and I hope you enjoy it.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:58 PM   #262
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 8th, 2006 -

4 more games to go before the season is over. Tonight we host 8th placed Barrow which is only 4 points out of 5th place (which is the last playoff spot.) They should be a hungry team tonight. Barrow's main defender Mark Salmon is out with an injury, and I don't plan on doing them any favors. Michael Kewley is a dangerous striker with a very impressive 24 goals. Gavin Knight his partner has 10 goals. Kevin McCormack has only played in 15 games in goal this year, but he has played well when he has played. He will be starting tonight.

Our career record against them is 2 wins and a tie. We won 3-0 in our last match.

We are 4:6 favorites to win this match.

It's going to be a slightly cloudy day with temperatures in the low 50's.

DL: Marc Smith (he needs to play better than last game to get a 3rd start)
DC: Curtis (giving the veteran a little PT with Shepherd injured and Wall still worn out from the long season)
MC: Surey (Atkins deserves some rest)
MR: Turley (one last ditch hope that some team will be desperate enough to buy him before he becomes a free transfer - this is unlikely)
AMC: Hunter (for the injured Kelly)
SC: Farrell (for the injured Palmer)

S1: Buxton (contract is almost over and I'm fairly sure this 29 year old keeper is not the answer at backup keeper.. I need to find a new young kid over the next few months to backup Scarsella.. or an old skilled veteran.)

S2: Fox (hoping to give my former starter some PT)
S3: Wall (may have to play if another defender is hurt.)
S5: Collett (might get some PT at AMC which he has some skill at.)
Old 12-29-2004, 06:11 PM   #263
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15 minute mark: Mark Smyth gets a yellow card for a trip on defender Karl Colley. Farrell argues the call.. gets himself a yellow card too.

23 minute mark: Colley heads a ball up the field to Knight.. Knight passes it from midfield to the edge of the box.. Kewley goes around Curtis.. shoots.. Scarsella blocks it.. Kewley gets the rebound.. shoots again.. upper left corner.. GOAL. That is #25 for him.

25 minute mark: Turley tackles left winger Jamie Peterson.. Yellow card for Turley.

40 minute mark: Marc Smith intercepts the ball at left fullback.. plays a nice long ball towards the left corner.. Mark Smyth gets it.. dribbles towards the box.. shoots.. it's in!! NO. The referee is waving it off.. Mark Smyth gets the delayed offside call. Marc Smith, the left fullback argues the call.. Yellow card for Smith. (Sheesh, one of those guys needs a name change )

Halftime: 1-0. Everyone is generally playing well except Farrell who has a 5 for form.

55 minute mark: I move Turley up to Farrell's spot, and bring Collett in to play right wing. Bad game for Farrell. Also, Hunter looks very tired, so I sub on Dunning for him.

93 minute mark: Wright suffers a vicious hit by Kewley. He looks hurt.

Game over. 1-0 loss. Our unbeaten streak of 14 games is over.

We outshot them 3-1 (2-1 on target)

Kevin McCormack, their keeper, wins MoM. (odd choice IMHO but he did have several nice passes.)
Old 12-29-2004, 06:16 PM   #264
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match report: Mark Smyth strained his wrist and will miss at least a week according my physio.

Leigh RMI was relegated from the English Conference National. I wonder if this is the team that I'm replacing. Not that it matters.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-29-2004 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #265
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Possibly stupid question, but as a FM novice, I'll ask anyway.

Is 20 the highest rating a player can get in a skill area? What about form (I read about you being happy at 7s, so I guess 10 would be tops, but I don't really know)?
Old 12-29-2004, 06:52 PM   #266
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty

Is 20 the highest rating a player can get in a skill area? What about form (I read about you being happy at 7s, so I guess 10 would be tops, but I don't really know)?

20 is indeed the highest a rating in skill that a player can get. As for form, you are right again, they go from 1 to 10. Every player starts at 6 at the beginning of the game, so I'd assume it's an average showing. I know that to me 7 is what I want them get at the very least, 6 being considered a bad game, and 8 being a good one, 9 a very good one, and 10 is an amazing one...

FM
Old 12-29-2004, 06:56 PM   #267
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Exactly what FM said. Also, there really are no stupid questions. I asked some much more basic questions when I was first getting into CM 03/04. Please feel free to ask here (or wherever) any questions that you have about what I write or about the game.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:21 PM   #268
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 15th, 2006 -

Today we travel to face Southport. Southport is 15th in the conference, but they have played well recently. Earl Davis is a good DC who has played very well in the last 5 games and has even chippen in 2 goals. Steve Dickinson has played superbly in goal lately. Kevin Leadbetter continues to be their top striker, and he has 3 goals in the last 3 games.

We have a career record of 1-1-1 against them. Our last game was a 3-0 win for us.

We are 6:4 favorites.

It's going to be an overcast day with temperatures in the low 50's.

Our Lineup:

DL: Smith (played well last game)
DC: Wall (want to get him one last game this season)
ML: Dunning (wright deserves some rest)
MC: Atkins (one last game this season for the veteran leader)
SC: Turley (for the injured Smyth)
SC: Farrell (for the injured Palmer)

S2: Fox
S3: Jackson (backup striker might see some action)
S4: Krief
S5: Barnard (only going to play if injury occurs)
Old 12-29-2004, 07:46 PM   #269
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very conservative first half from both teams.

0-0 at the half.

46 minute mark: Wall intercepts the ball deep in our zone.. long pass up the field to Farrell.. Farrell dribbles into the box.. defender chasing him from behind.. he is at the right side of the box.. shoots for the near corner of the net.. just wide into the right side of the net.

60 minute mark: Dunning has picked up a minor injury somewhere along the way. I put Fox in for him. I also sub in Krief for Atkins and Jackson for Turley.

79 minute mark: Krief tries feeding the ball to the left corner for Jackson.. sloppy pass.. Jackson gets to it anyway.. crosses for Farrell.. it's way over Farrell's head.

91 minute mark: Dalton intercepts it from Krief at midfield.. he passes it 15 yards up the field to Leadbetter. Leadbetter passes to Carl Baker at the left corner of the box.. Baker shoots from 20 yards.. for the upper left corner.. Scarsella tries to get to it.. it's past him.. GOAL. 1-0.

92 minute mark: Krief has the ball at midfield.. he passes it up to Hunter who is at the edge of the box.. the pass is high. Hunter tries to jump to head it back towards Collett.. Hunter misplays it.. it skims off the top of his head.. it's heading towards the left upper corner.. the keeper can't believe it.. it's past him.. What a Bizarre goal! GOAL!!!! 1-1, the announcer can't believe it.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

We were outshot 15-2! (5-1 on goal)

Scarsella wins MoM.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:26 PM   #270
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 22nd, 2006 -

Today we play our 2nd to last game of the season. We travel to face the current #2 Accrington. Accrington has Paul Edwards (on loan from Blackpool) dominating the game from his left wing position. Jon Worsnop is a talented keeper who missed a good part of the year with an injury, but he is healthy and playing well now. Lee McEvilly has provided 24 goals from his striker position this year. Ian Craney has 10 goals from his midfield position.

We tied them 1-1 in our only match this year.

They are 6:4 favorites.

It's going to be a sunny day with temperatures in the high 50's.

Lineup:

DC: Shepherd
MC: Surey

S2: Dunning
S3: Farrell
S4: Wall
Old 12-29-2004, 08:57 PM   #271
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Black tackles McEvilly as he dribbles into the box.. Whistle.. Penalty shot awarded Yellow card for Black. McEvilly takes the penalty shot.. fires it towards the lower left corner.. Scarsella dives, but he can't get to it. GOAL. 1-0. That is McEvilly's 25th on the season.

15 minute mark: Surey runs over Ian Craney. He is hurt. Craney can't play anymore.

22 minute mark: Black takes the throw in deep in our enemy's turf.. he throws it to Wright who heads it back to him.. Black immediately sends the long cross to the near post.. Kelly is there.. he heads it.. into the net!! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

27 minute mark: Morley makes a big intervention on a pass that was heading towards McEvilly in the box.

28 minute mark: Shepherd gets called for a dirty tackle on McEvilly.. yellow card for Shepherd.. Palmer goes ballistic! He is screaming at the ref.. He feels McEvilly is getting away with murder... Palmer gets a yellow card.. he doesn't stop arguing.. Surey is trying to calm him down.. no good.. Palmer gets in the ref's face again.. 2nd yellow card... He is ejected!

35 minute mark: Peter Cavanagh intercepts a pass from Shepherd at midfield.. he plays a quick crisp pass to striker, Steve Jagielka. Steve dribbles one step into the box.. shoots from 20 yards.. right upper corner.. Scarsella looks slow to react.. it's in the net.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

Halftime: 2-1.

62 minute mark: Collett with a great through ball for Kelly.. he gets to it.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. Worsnop smothers the shot.

68 minute mark: Kelly steals it at midfield.. he passes to Smyth.. Smyth dribbles between two defenders.. into the edge of the box.. towards the center.. one step.. two steps.. unleashes a huge left footed shot.. one of the hardest shots I've seen all year.. the keeper watches as the ball slams into the upper right corner of the net.. GOAL!!!! 2-2.

72 minute mark: Paul Edwards takes the ball up the left wing.. centers to Shaun Tuck at the far post.. Great pass from Edwards.. Tuck leaps.. heads it.. into the net. GOAL. Down 3-2.

82 minute mark: Wright takes it up the left side of the pitch.. he crosses for Collett at the right edge of teh box.. Tuck leaps and shoves Collett... whistle.. Tuck is called for unfairly jumping with Collett.. Penalty shot awarded! Shepherd steps up to take the penalty shot.. looks left.. shoots for the lower right corner.. Worsnop dives.. but he can't get to it as it narrowly sails inside the post.. GOAL!! 3-3.

86 minute mark: Scarsella saves a shot by McEvilly.. he kicks it VERY long.. the ball bounces for the first time outside the box.. Kelly is racing to catch up to it.. surprisingly the keeper is staying back.. it bounces a second time 10 yards from the goal.. Kelly catches up to it as it is coming down from that second bounce.. only 5 yards or less from the goal.. the keeper jumps for it.. Kelly jumps.. he heads it.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!! 4-3 (That is our 3rd goal being down a man)

Game over. 4-3 win for us.

We outshot them 10-9 (5-4 on goal)

Greg Kelly has a 10 for form and MoM, 20 of 26 passes, 5 of 5 tackles, 4 of 9 headers, 1 run, 1 assist, 2 goals.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:05 PM   #272
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Altrincham was relegated from the English Conference North.

Of interest, Q.P.R. won promotion to the English Premiere League.

Palmer will be banned for our next and last game of the season.

Surey injured his shoulder and is questionable for the last game.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:22 PM   #273
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 26th, 2006 -

Chelsea offically clinches the EPL tonight with a 2-0 win over Everton. Chelsea has 84 points in 35 games. Arsenal is 2nd with 74 points and Man Utd is 3rd with 69 points.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:28 PM   #274
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just out of curiosity, how's Cambridge doing? I hope they won't play you next week in the Conference National
Old 12-29-2004, 09:31 PM   #275
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Just out of curiosity, how's Cambridge doing? I hope they won't play you next week in the Conference National

Cambridge is 20th in League 1 with 2 games to go. They are on the border of being relegated, and it will be interesting to see what they do in the last 2 games. Their best DC, Adam Tann is out for the last 2 games with a broken collarbone. They play Bristol Rovers who are the bottom of the table and then Oldham who are towards the top of the table. Should be interesting.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:41 PM   #276
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 29th, 2006 -

Today we host Nuneaton. This is a big game for them. They are in 6th place. If they win and Worksop loses, then Nuneaton advances into the 5th slot and makes the playoffs. If they lose, their season is over. If they tie, their season is over. I thought my guys were amazing goal scorers, but Nuneaton's Gez Murphy has 42 goals on the season!?! I'm amazed myself at that number. Avun Jephcott his partner at striker has 17 more. We've scored 86 league goals on the season, but Nuneaton is 2nd with 74. However, Derek Slattery has been a sieve at goal who has given up 79 goals on the year.

We have a 2-0-1 record against them. We beat them 2-0 earlier in the year.

It's going to be a sunny day with temperatures in the mid 50's.

We are heavy 4:5 favorites.

DC: Wall (changed my mind and decided to let him play one more game.. well rested now)
MC: Surey
SC: Farrell (for the suspended Palmer)

S2: Dunning
S3: Shepherd
S4: Atkins
Old 12-29-2004, 10:00 PM   #277
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

23 seconds in: Chris Farman takes the ball.. passes to Jephcott up the field... Jephcott passes to Stuart Whittaker to his right (about 30 yards out).. Whittaker passes it into the box to Gez Murphy.. Murphy shoots immediately.. blistering shot towards the upper right corner.. Scarsella dives.. it's out of his reach.. GOAL. 1-0.

23 minute mark: Wright steals the ball at midfield.. he plays a through ball to the left corner of the box.. Smyth is racing towards it.. Slattery is racing towards it.. Smyth beats him to it.. dribbles left.. around Slattery.. shoots into the open net... nice shot. GOAL!!! 1-1.

29 minute mark: I just saw one of the MOST bizarre sights I've ever seen on a soccer pitch! Michael Love intercepts a long pass intended for Farrell.. he is being pressed by Farrell so he passes it back to Slattery. Slattery is standing behind the goal line inside the goal. Slattery receives the pass, but it's a goal!!!! 2-1 us

Half time. 2-1 us.

61 minute mark: Atkins on for Collett who is tired. Dunning (super sub!) on for Farrell who is tired.

72 minute mark: Jephcott receives a long pass from Slattery.. dribbles it up the left side of the field.. into the corner.. centers it for Murphy.. Murphy heads it.. Scarsella flails at it as it sails over his right shoulder.. GOAL. 2-2. Murphy's 2nd.

Game over. 2-2 tie. Nuneaton isn't making it into the playoffs.

We both had 7 shots, we both had 3 shots on goal.

Gez Murphy won MoM, 22 of 25 passes, 0 tackles, 3 of 5 headers, 1 interception, 2 goals.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:07 PM   #278
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 29th, 2006 -

Kettering wrapped up the English Conference South today. They will be joining us in the English Conference North as a result. Gravesend and Tamsworth were relegated from the English Conference National today.

Cambridge beat Bristol Rovers 4-2, and have assured that they will remain in League 1. Northwich was relegated from the English conference North today.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:15 PM   #279
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 30th, 2006 -

Today in the newspaper, I saw the final English Conference North Standing:

- We won the league by 15 points even with our late slide once we secured the title.
- Our 88 goals led the league. Nuneaton were 2nd with 76.
- Our 31 goals allowed was the lowest in the league. Halifax was 2nd with 40.
- Our Goal Differential was +57 which led the league. Accrington was second with +20.
- Our final record was 24-15-3. Overall, I'm thrilled with this season. I feel if we can keep Scarsella, Kelly and Smyth we have a great chance to do well in the English Conference North next year.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:15 PM   #280
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

whew. Go Cambridge!
Old 12-29-2004, 10:23 PM   #281
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

btw, you mean the English Conference National right?
Old 12-29-2004, 10:29 PM   #282
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 30th, 2006 -

- Tracking our stats, I see that we took control of 1st place in the league after the 10th game. We then led maintained 1st place the rest of the way.

- Leading Scorers:

Gez Murphy (Nuneaton) led the league with 35 league goals.

Greg Kelly was 2nd with 27 league goals.

David Cameron (Droylsden) was 3rd with 25 league goals

Mark Smyth was 4th with 24 league goals.

Lee McEvilly (Accrington) was 5th with 23 goals.

- We were the only team with 2 goal scorers in the top 10, and only one other team had 2 in the top 20. Jermaine Palmer was 21st with 12 league goals.

- Assist Leaders:

Lee Thompson (Accrington) had 15 assists.
Phil Eastwood (Stalybridge) had 14 assists.
Jermaine Palmer and Mark Smyth were also tied for 2nd with 14.
Chris Bettney (Alfreton) was 5th with 12.

- We were the only team with 2 guys in the top 15.

- Andrew Wright, Andy Farrell and Greg Kelly were all tied for 15th with 8 assists.

- MoM leaders:

Mark Salmon (Barrow) 17
Gez Murphy (Nuneaton), Mark Thornley (Lancaster) and Greg Kelly were all tied for 2nd with 8.
Paul Sparrow (Lancaster) was 5th with 7.

Wright was 12th with 5.
David Scarsella was tied for 12th with 5.

- Average Form:

Greg Kelly led the league with 7.78
Andrew Wright was 2nd with 7.68
Mark Salmon was 3rd with 7.67
Mark Atkins was 4th with 7.57
Gez Murphy was 5th with 7.56

- Mark Smyth was 11th with 7.49
- Benjamin Collett was 20th with 7.40
- Grant Black was 21st with 7.38
- Scarsella was 28th with 7.33
- Stuart Wall was 32nd with 7.31
- Jermaine Palmer was 57th with 7.22
Old 12-29-2004, 10:30 PM   #283
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
btw, you mean the English Conference National right?

Yes, I did
Old 12-29-2004, 10:46 PM   #284
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 2nd, 2006 -

With Buxton's contract about to expire, I've had my scout scouring the countryside looking for a keeper. He has brough back tapes of several interesting prospects, but I really liked the videotape of this one kid, Dan Bridges who has just been released by Cheltenham. He is only 19 and he already has decent skill level in aerial moves. He looks like he is always concentrating on the pitch. I decide to contact him to see how much he wants to come play with us. He wants 100 dollars/week, I offer him 80 dollars/week. Today, he informed me that he will accept it because he is really excited to be working with such a good manager. I think I'm going to like this kid just fine

During this next month, I'm hoping my scout will help find one more good kid to groom as the backup keeper and possible eventual replacement for Scarsella.

I'm also looking forward to watching the World Cup on TV next month.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:59 PM   #285
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 7th, 2006 -

I just returned from my vacation. I see that Accrington beat Worksop 4-3 on aggregate. Halifax beat Stalybridge 3-2 on aggregate. The final playoff game between Halifax and Accrington should be interesting.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:23 PM   #286
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 13th, 2006 -

Halifax's Steve Basham made a nice pass into the box which Lewis Kileen finished off for the only goal of their match with Accrington. Halifax won 1-0 thanks to a dominant defense that made the goal stand up. Therefore, 1 year after being relegated Halifax will be returning to the English Conference National.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 PM   #287
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 21st, 2006 -

Lewes won the English Conference South playoffs and will be joining us in the English Conference National. That means the 4 teams being promoted into the English Conference National are Kettering, Lewes, Harrogate, and Halifax.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:06 AM   #288
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 27th, 2006 -

Hull won Promotion to the English Championship League. It will be interesting to see how they do up there.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:07 AM   #289
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 28th, 2006 -

Man Utd beat Blackburn 2-0 to win the English FA Cup. Cristiano Ronaldo scored both goals in the 1st half for the decisive edge.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:11 AM   #290
thealmighty
Pro Starter

I guess if Hull promoted, they won't be needing a new manager for a while.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:22 AM   #291
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 31st, 2006 -

Today I was informed by Mr. Fotherby that I will have a transfer budget of 32,000 dollars! I'm surprised since the club is still in debt, but I'm quite glad to have some resources available to me.

I've also been informed that my wage budget has risen to 6,200 dollars/week. I'm already a bit over this but not nearly as far over as I was my old wage budget.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:24 AM   #292
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess if Hull promoted, they won't be needing a new manager for a while.

I'm sort of torn about this. Glad to see them doing well, but disappointed that they likely won't be needing my services
Old 12-30-2004, 12:29 AM   #293
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OOC: Darn ER consult interrupting my FM playing Be back later.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:20 AM   #294
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 7th, 2006 -

What a good day! Today my scout sent me footage of a sensational young keeper. David Clarke has been released by Stoke recently, but he looked very good for the U18 team before being released. Clarke only wants 80 dollars/week for 3 years, and I decide to offer him the deal.

Also, today the World Cup begins!

I'm very interested in the Turkey vs USA game tonight.

Spain beat the Czech Republic 3-1 earlier today.

Jordan beat Honduras 2-0.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:26 AM   #295
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 8th, 2006 -

Turkey dominated the USA outshooting them 10-5 (6-1 on goal)

Cetin Servet dominated the game from his DC spot and continually shut down Brian McBride and Clint Mathis. Freddy Adu came on at the 75 minute mark and had one good play in which he made a nifty pass to Claudio Reyna for the only shot in the game that actually reached the target. Landon Donovan was clearly the best player for the USA most of the match. Ates Necati and Havutcu Tayfur had the 2 goals for Turkey.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:29 AM   #296
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 9th, 2006 -

Algeria beat South Korea 2-0 at home.

Chile tied Argentina 0-0.

Brazil dominated Libya 3-0.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:43 AM   #297
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 10th, 2006 -

David Clarke very publicly snubbed the team today. He apparently is considering retirement and doesn't want to play professional football anymore.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:44 AM   #298
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 10th, 2006 -

Serbia & Mont. defeated Croatia 1-0.

Portugal demolished Turkmenistan 4-0.

Germany barely squeaked by Jamaica 2-1.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:47 AM   #299
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 11th, 2006 -

Sweden defeated Bahrain 2-0.

France tied Ghana 0-0.

Peru beat Uruguay 2-0.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:51 AM   #300
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 12th, 2006 -

I watched the England - Denmark match today. England dominated ball possession, but Thomas Sorensen was phenomenal in goal for Denmark. Sorensen stopped 14 shots that were on target, and allowed only 1 goal by John Terry at the 90 minute mark when the game was all but decided. Denmark scored two goals on the counter attack, one by Peter Levenkrands at the 20 minute mark, and one by Dennis Rommedahl at the 75 minute mark. Final score, 2-1 in favor of Denmark.

In other news, Tunisia beat Mexico 2-1.

Italy and Russia tied 0-0.