Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2004, 03:31 PM   #251
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Like I said, you're very raw. You have the talent to be in the NFL, though. You were probably rotated in and out quite a bit. That's my best guess. ASU threw the ball a lot, so we had the nickelback in quite a bit as well.

I'd expect bigger and better things (and more PT) out of you in the future.

Is this where I'm supposed to say oops, sorry, Lokugh or something?

(pauses)

Ain't gonna happen
Old 07-15-2004, 10:53 PM   #252
SFL Cat
College Starter

Hey...can I be a walk-on?
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:04 PM   #253
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You'll be added SFL Cat.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:27 AM   #254
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan1980
Coach, lemme in, I'm ready to become a Cardinal! I wanna show all these fruits how to really play ball. ;-)

You're in, too.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #255
Lokugh
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Is this where I'm supposed to say oops, sorry, Lokugh or something?

(pauses)

Ain't gonna happen

No love on this team, man. No love at all...
Lokugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #256
Dawgfan1980
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokugh
No love on this team, man. No love at all...

Ask some of your teammates, the seem to be looking at you a bit too long in the old shower stall, I noticed that on my recruiting visit
Old 07-16-2004, 02:49 PM   #257
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Your "unofficial" visit. Remember, the syndicate is everywhere.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:56 PM   #258
Dawgfan1980
H.S. Freshman Team

Hey, I was just coming to see a friend of mine on campus, boy STL isn't the rundown dump that Lokugh said it was!
Old 07-16-2004, 03:04 PM   #259
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Syndicate just caught you, they know lokugh doesnt have friends....
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 03:09 PM   #260
Dawgfan1980
H.S. Freshman Team

He lured me with candy, and not the candy from other dynasties
Old 07-16-2004, 03:14 PM   #261
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

So you know that you cant play football if ur lokugh's friend right? you have to ride the bench now...
Old 07-16-2004, 03:17 PM   #262
Dawgfan1980
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22
So you know that you cant play football if ur lokugh's friend right? you have to ride the bench now...

Boy, that last line makes me want to say something, but not good to speak ill of people. I can play, I'll just be on special teams! I'm Special!
Old 07-16-2004, 03:26 PM   #263
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

LOL hey maybe ur the next bobby boucher
Old 07-16-2004, 06:07 PM   #264
Dawgfan1980
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22
LOL hey maybe ur the next bobby boucher

If only you were the first to say that...
Old 07-16-2004, 06:09 PM   #265
SFL Cat
College Starter

I can play every position. I'm smart to! I graduated from hs with a 1.5 gpa...a lot better than my six older brothers.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:03 PM   #266
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As near as I can tell, these are our incoming recruits (though they haven't officially been recruited yet).

In order of signing:

saintjo
The Afoci
kingfc22
sterling ice
illinifan999
dawgfan1980
sfl cat.

In other news, the upcoming game against Marshall, at Marshall, will be on TV5. Mizzourah will likely play, but won't start (due to a lack of depth).
Old 07-16-2004, 09:37 PM   #267
Poli
FOFC Survivor

49 degrees and stormy. CW and GM, let's hold on to the ball today!

We win the toss and elect to receive. We take over after the touchback.

CW carries 3 times for 22 yards while JeeberD and indoor provide KRBs. It's not enough, though. We punt the ball away to the Marshall 30.

Blade6119 opens up the defensive game for us with a tackle. Vtbub takes the next play, a 3 yard loss. Incoming! Lokugh hits the back after the screen pass reception for a 5 yard loss. Marshall is forced to punt to Ragone, who returns it 9 yards to our 32.

CW carries once for 2 yards, but we eventually punt again. Indoor gets downfield for the tackle at the Marshall 30. Marshall goes 3 and out, and we take over on our 39 yard line this time.

CW motions out of the backfield, which is odd since we don't normally motion OUT of the backfield in the double wing. The defense pauses, confused. We snap the ball and CW takes off with his best sprinting action. 30 yards later he catches the ball while the safety catches him.

Not to be outdone, tucker342 turns in a 17 yard reception on the next play.

CW loses a yard on his next two carries, but the damage is done for us. We hit a 34 yard FG. 3-0 good guys.

Blade6119 makes a tackle on the next drive, assisted by vtbub. Vtbub would later add a solo to end out the 1st quarter.

Marshall's ball on their 48. 3rd and 2.

End of the 1st:

STL 3, Marshall 0.

Last edited by Poli : 07-16-2004 at 09:38 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:51 PM   #268
Poli
FOFC Survivor

They get the 1st down as Ragone registers the tackle. Vtbub gets another, but Marshall is moving downfield rapidly. Lokugh and Ragone combine for a stop, but it would be Blade6119 who would stop a runner a yard shy of the first down to force the FG attempt. They make it, 3-3.

GM gets in but loses 3 on the carry as the tackler eluded indoor. We punt from deep in our own territory. Tucker342 makes the tackle on our 39.

Two plays later, we intercept the ball in the endzone. Dodged a bullet there!

GM, CW, and tucker342 would combine for 4 yards on the next three rushing plays, and we punt again. This time, nfg22 hustles downfield to make the tackle at the Marshall 49.

Ragone registers two tackles, and Marshall is forced to punt the ball back. It rolls out of bounds at our 16. 3:58 left in the half.

CW carries twice for 5, GM twice for 14. Finkenst (yes, he was on the bench to start the game Jeeber ) recovers a FB fumble. We have a chance to score, so we try a deep ball to tucker342, but it falls incomplete. The next one is intercepted. 23 seconds left, Marshall takes over on their 43.

SirFozzie would be credited with a tipped pass, while Blade6119 ends the half with a tackle.

Halftime:

STL 3, MAR 3.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:01 PM   #269
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We kick off to start the 2nd half, and Marshall heads downfield. Ragone provides an assist on one play, while Blade6119 and vtbub combine to stop a qb scramble on another. Ragone would later make a solo tackle behind the line of scrimmage and strip the ball (he's quite good at that, apparently), but Marshall would recover. Unfortunately, he's involved in the next play a 21 yard reception. He would make the tackle. Lokugh makes a tackle, but on the next play Marshall scores. 10-3.

GM would carry twice for 3 yards, and we punt again. Marshall takes over on our 45. Back out there, defense.

Lokugh registers two solos and an assist. The assist was with Ragone on a 2 yard loss. Ragone would later register two solos of his own. All of this for nothing; Marshall scores again. 17-3.

CW carries 4 times for 15 yards, and nfg22 provides a KRB as we move to the 50. We stall again and punt to the Marshall 15.

Blade6119 would end the 3rd quarter with a solo tackle.

Marshall's ball, 3rd and 3 on their 33.

End of the 3rd:

STL 3, Marshall 17.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:13 PM   #270
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lokugh provides an assist on 3rd down, but Marshall gets the 1st. He'd make a solo stop on the next play. Ragone gets beat for 17 yards, but he would make up for it later. He makes a fumble recovery and returns it 19 yards to our 42. Way to be!

A pass to tucker is blocked at the line, another would just miss him completely, and the third was intercepted at the Marshall 32. To his credit, tucker made the tackle for no return.

Lokugh looks angry. The opposing team may not like it when he's angry. He picks off the ball on the first play. We take over on our 50.

We complete a 23 yard pass, but JeffNights allows a sack. Our kicker would later miss a 48 yard attempt.

Ragone, Lokugh (2 solos), and SirFozzie would register solos, while vtbub and blade6119 would provide an assist. Marshall would settle for a 39 yard FG. 20-3.

Tucker makes an 8 yard catch, and then we send the backup QB in. Indoor would recover one of the QB's fumbles, but it would be a yard shy of the first down. We go for it and make it. JeffNights would be listed as giving up another sack, though. Our luck eventually runs out as the backup is intercepted at the 1 yard line with 10 seconds left. Ragone makes a tackle to end the game.

Not a good one for us.

Final

STL 3, Marshall 20.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:38 AM   #271
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Come on guys, WTF are you doing out there ? Go out and win some games for us bench warmers !!!
Old 07-17-2004, 06:52 AM   #272
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Don't worry. In about 10 more games, you get to be the kicker we all hate instead of this senior.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:07 AM   #273
Pro Rookie

Uh, I have a couple of "friends" who could visit the senior kicker and maybe "arrange" some kinda accident... Do-able ?
Old 07-17-2004, 07:34 AM   #274
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Syndicate. Think, syndicate.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:02 AM   #275
Pro Rookie

Well, how 's your guys at 'avoiding investigation' ?
Old 07-17-2004, 12:22 PM   #276
General Mike
Pro Starter

ardent, can you change my # to 23. Thanks in advance.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 12:48 PM   #277
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Done. You and the starting FB switched numbers. That should throw the next team for a spin.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:23 PM   #278
Lokugh
Mascot

Dang. Ok, D. We did good today, but looks like we need to step it up another notch. Ya know, gotta cover for the O. You know how it is...
Lokugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:19 AM   #279
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We have a number of recruits on the radar. We've offered our scholarships out, complete with phone calls and visits.

Southern Miss is in town. They're ranked #44 overall, and yet somehow, we're favored to win. Mizzourah is still doubful, so he'll be listed as #3 TE. The good news is that he played about 10 plays in the last game without further injuring himself.

Last edited by Poli : 07-18-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:57 AM   #280
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It's nasty weather here in St. Louis. 63 degrees and it's storming.

Southern Miss wins the toss, takes the ball, and starts on their 20. Our defense turns in a 3 and out. However, on 3rd down vtbub is injured. Let's hope it's not serious. Ragone returns the punt 8 yards to their 35.

Let's go.

CW carries twice for 17 yards, but fumbles the ball. Fortunately, indoor is there to recover it. We move down to the endzone but suffer a setback. Jeeberd allows a sack. Nfg22 atones for the mistake with a KRB that nets a first down. GM carries but loses 2, and a pass to tucker is tipped away. Fortunately, a pass to the TE is good for a TD. The bad news? Finkenst is injured. I don't have enough doctors on staff for all the injuries!

The defense bends but somehow doesn't break. We intercept a pass in the endzone for a touchback. Blade6119 was credited with 2 tackles and an assist, Lokugh an assist, and Ragone had a solo.

CW carries 6 times before the end of the first quarter for 32 yards. JeffNights and nfg22 provided KRBs to help him. GM chips in 9 and thanks nfg22 for the KRB. Tucker makes a key catch for 22, with 10 yards after the catch.

The first quarter ends with one of CW's runs. 3rd and 2 on the Southern Miss 5 yard line.

End of the first quarter:

Southern Miss 0, St. Louis 7.

Last edited by Poli : 07-18-2004 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:24 AM   #281
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Two plays later we attempt a 25 yard FG, but it's blocked. Southern Miss takes over on their 21.

SirFozzie provides an assist on the next drive, and blade6119 stops the offense on 3rd down. The punt is downed on our 40.

CW carries twice for 5 yards, but we have to punt it back. Nfg22 tackles the returner at the SM 37.

Sirfozzie, ragone, and lokugh make tackles on the drive, and blade6119 provides an assist. Unfortunately, it's not enough. They score on a 7 yard TD pass. 7-7.

CW carries twice for a yard, and that puts the defense right where we want them. Tucker carries the ball on a reverse for 48 yards and a touchdown!! 14-7.

Blade6119 provides an early tackle, and then SirFozzie picks off a pass and returns it 10 yards! We take over at the Southern Miss 49. 1:12 left on the clock.

CW carries twice for 1, GM once for 12, and tucker on the reverse for 9. Nfg22 and JeffNights provide KRBs. Our kicker hits a 30 yard FG, I'm kind of surprised. 17-7.

We go to the half after the kickoff.

Halftime:

Southern Miss 7, St. Louis 17.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:46 AM   #282
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We take the 2nd half kickoff and start at the 32. GM carries for 5 (indoor KRB), but CW loses 3 yards on 2 carries. We punt the ball away, and Southern Miss takes over on their 29.

A blitzing vtbub (it must not be that serious!) hurries an errant throw. Blade6119 makes a solo tackle, followed by SirFozzie. Ragone would later add a solo tackle and assist of his own. All of this didn't stop Southern Miss from scoring another TD. Our lead is 3. 17-14.

CW carries for 2, GM twice for 13 (thanks, jeeberd for a KRB). Tucker was the target of a pass, but it was underthrown. He would later make the tackle on the punt. Southern Miss takes over on their 33.

SirFozzie makes a tackle, as does vtbub. Blade6119 makes an assist. Southern Miss would be forced to punt. Ragone calls the fair catch at our 10 yard line.

We run 2 plays and lose 6 yards. We're in a hurt locker as the 3rd quarter ends. 3rd and 16 on our 4.

End of the 3rd:

Southern Miss 14, St. Louis 17.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:04 AM   #283
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The 3rd down pass to tucker was thrown quickly to avoid a safety, and fell incomplete. After the punt return, Southern Miss takes over on our 30. JeffNights made the tackle on the return.

Ragone makes a solo tackle, and vtbub registers a stop as well. Not to be outdone, Lokugh makes a solo as well. A sack on 3rd down forces a FG attempt from the 19. It's good, and we're fortunate it's only tied. 17-17.

CW carries 2 times for 7 yards. Nfg22 and JeffNights provide KRBs on FB dives, and we move to midfield. Unfortunately, a penalty and a sack (allowed by the non FOFC tackle) move us back. We punt to the Southern Miss 45. 7:23 left.

Blade6119 provides a stop, but Southern Miss scores on 4 plays. 24-17.

I don't need to explain how bad we need a TD here.

Tucker makes a catch for 5. CW carries 3 times for 8 yards. GM carries 4 times for 21 yards. Tucker once on the reverse for 2. Nfg22 (2), Jeffnights, and JeeberD provide KRBs. We're sill 18 yards short. Two passes to tucker are tipped away. We throw the ball to GM, for the first time ever. He makes the catch, eludes the defenders and is in for an 18 yard TD! 24-24! 1:54 remaining.

Stop them defense!

WoW! We recover a fumble on the kick return! We take over on their 20! CW loses 3, and we suffer a false start. CW gains 2 yards back on 2nd down. GM carries for 5 to get us back to the 21. The kicker hits the 38 yarder! 27-24!!!! 33 seconds remaining!!

Another fumble! Another recovery!! GM carries for 3, CW loses 2, and a kneel down ends the game!!

Final:

Southern Miss 24, St. Louis 27!

Last edited by Poli : 07-18-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:07 AM   #284
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No injury has been reported for finkenst. Vtbub is listed as probable with a bruised shoulder. Mizzourah has been upgraded to questionable.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:09 AM   #285
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nfg22 receives the game ball. Both he and General Mike are given player of the week consideration.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:16 AM   #286
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

WOOT..thanx all, finally indoor didnt upstage me
Old 07-19-2004, 07:38 AM   #287
Pro Rookie

Looks like my little pep talkl of a few posts ago had some effect as we managed to hold on and win this one ! Go team !
Old 07-19-2004, 01:36 PM   #288
Poli
FOFC Survivor

For the season:

#26 RB Coffee Warlord: 67 attempts, 266 yards, 1 TD. 2 receptions for 33 yards. 2 fumbles. 15 Cardinals on your helmet.

#23 RB General Mike: 31 attempts, 134 yards, 1 TD. 1 reception, 18 yards, 1 TD. 8 Cardinals on your helmet.

#95 TE Mizzourah: Injured, Questionable. Target of one pass. 1 rush, 14 yards (sorry I missed this somehow, but I recall it now, my bad). 23 plays on the season. 1 Cardinal on your helmet.

#1 WR tucker342: 6 receptions, 71 yards. 7 attempts, 105 yards, 1 TD. 3 tackles. 7 Cardinals on your helmet.

#59 C indoorsoccersim: 12 KRB in 29 opps. 2 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries.. 16 Cardinals on your helmet.

#69 G nfg22: 14 KRB in 34 opps. 2 tackles. 15 Cardinals on your helmet.

#75 G JeffNights: 8 KRB in 32 opps. 2 sacks allowed. 1 tackle. 8 Cardinals on your helmet.

#73 T JeeberD: 3 KRB in 13 opps. 1 sack allowed. 4 Cardinals on your helmet.

#63 T Finkenst: 1 KRB in 4 opps. 1 sack allowed. 1 fumble recovery. 2 Cardinals on your helmet.

#48 OLB Lokugh: 11 tackles, 5 assists. 1 tackle for loss. 4 receptions allowed. 5 Cardinals on your helmet.

#55 OLB vtbub: Injured, probable. 6 tackles, 3 assists, 1 tackle for loss. 1 QB hurry. 2 receptions allowed. 4 Cardinals on your helmet.

#36 CB Ragone: 12 receptions allowed, 1 tipped pass, 17 tackles, 3 assists, 2 tackles for loss. 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery. 7 punt returns, 24 yards. 10 Cardinals on your helmet.

#25 CB SirFozzie: 1 interception. 5 receptions allowed, 1 tipped pass. 6 tackles, 2 assists. 3 Cardinals on your helmet.

#22 S Blade6119: 10 receptions allowed, 1 tipped pass, 13 tackles, 5 assists. 5 Cardinals on your helmet.

Next game is Missouri at St. Louis.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:49 PM   #289
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I need more birds on my head! Gimme the damn ball!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:02 PM   #290
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

hey....shut up or me and indoor wont throw blocks your way anymore....you get the ball when coach says so!!! stupid underclassmen.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:07 PM   #291
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Shut up and block, meathead.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:20 PM   #292
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Nope not for you....General Mike will have a great game this week, I can feel it...
Old 07-19-2004, 03:18 PM   #293
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

What if I gave you a big juicy steak?
Old 07-19-2004, 03:38 PM   #294
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

hmmm....Hey coach didnt Coffee look good in practice this week?
Old 07-19-2004, 04:04 PM   #295
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Practices his interceptions by intercepting the steak Coffee's offering nfg and runs off giggling
Old 07-19-2004, 04:15 PM   #296
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Hey frozzie I swear I had nothing to do with that itching powder in ur jockstrap
Old 07-19-2004, 04:17 PM   #297
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Funny, I didn't notice any itching powder in my jockstrap..

oh yeah, I don't wear one, never mind
Old 07-19-2004, 04:18 PM   #298
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dola: Oh.. what is that TMI sign that just blinked into life?
Old 07-19-2004, 04:20 PM   #299
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Crap....I hope that wasnt Ragones locker....oh and Frozzie can I have some of that steak?
Old 07-19-2004, 04:22 PM   #300
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Sure.. (tosses nfg the stake)

((OOC: Hey, he's a football player.. HE JUST MIGHT FALL FOR IT!))