Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2004, 01:25 PM   #251
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerk3616
I wanna go to Mars because I heard there were hot chicks there. Or maybe it was that there is extreme danger with little chance of returning home...in that case, I'm going to sign up for all the credit cards I can, max them out buying crack and hookers, and make sure I'm good and numb if I go to Mars. That way, if you don't pick me, I'll be chin deep in crack and hookers, and won't give two poos about whether I go. So I guess either way, I win.

Unless there really are hot chicks on Mars, and I'd have to stay on Earth. That would suck; no getting around that. So pick me!

One things is sure. The man makes a strong argument.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:34 PM   #252
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Mars Strike Team Omega

The next two selections for Strike Team Omega are:

1. Commander Kodos
2. Captain Revrew
3. Colonel Jfbbis
4. Colonel Wade Moore
5. Captain Jeff Nights II
Jeff is one of our most experienced agents, and although his kill total is not up there with the elite ranks, part of that is due to the fact that he has overseen the relatively quiet ASIA COM base. With rock-solid PSI defense, solid leadership skills, and commendable bravery, Jeff is a prime candidate for a Blaster Launcher job on the Mars mission.

6. Captain AStott
AStott joined X-COM relatively late in the war, but his solid work ethic and knack for killing aliens helped him skyrocket to the rank of Captain within a matter of months. Although he has slumped lately, he still ranks #5 on the kills leaderboard, and his phenomenal abilities makes him an excellent all-around agent for the Mars mission.

Welcome aboard, men.

Coming tomorrow...
Selections 7 & 8. Kodos' Commander Choice. Nominations for Agent Choice.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-21-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:21 PM   #253
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I guess I shouldn't try. Although I heart you. I'd even let you beat me in NCAA Football.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:55 PM   #254
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Shoot, I thought I was going to find out my PSI rating with this latest update.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:24 PM   #255
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

This just off the presses. Looks like things are heating up.

From the Washington Post…

Aliens Demand Unconditional Surrender!

UN Categorically Rejects Offer

Non-allied Nations to Face “Dire Consequences”

3 December 2003 – (AP, Washington) In a public speech to the United Nations early this morning, Alien Ambassador Sectoid Leader demanded the immediate and unconditional surrender of all non-allied nations. “We have given the world every opportunity to join our cause peacefully, to partner with us for combined prosperity, to explore the universe together. At every juncture, you have refused our benevolent gestures. Contrarily, you have replied by creating a high-tech paramilitary terrorist force to hamper our efforts and kill our peaceful astronauts.

“We have been patient with you, but our patience has run out. If you do not comply with our request for you to lay down your arms, disband your X-COM operations, and surrender to our forces, we will be forced to employ weapons of mass destruction. For the sake of your own citizens, we beg you to comply. You have never had any chance against us, and if you do not take this opportunity to end this needless conflict we will show you why you have never had a chance.”

In a statement made later in the morning, United Nations Head Seemi Doet categorically rejected the proposal. “The Aliens propaganda machine has hoodwinked the good nations of the Europe into believing the aliens intentions are good. For months we have known the truth. Aliens have been kidnapping civilians in the night, performing brutal experiments on them, and discarding the bodies like empty Coke bottles. Their ultimate plan is to use the Earth’s population for a food source, and their gestures of friendship mask an ulterior motive so diabolical that surrender will never be an option. We have conclusive evidence of hideous cross-breeding experiments, alien abductions, and widespread massacre. To put it bluntly, Sectoid Leader: go home.”

An alien cross-breeding experiment. UN Photo

The UN and X-COM, its affiliated high-tech combat force, have long claimed that the Aliens’ ultimate goal is to subjugate the Earth and use its population as a food source to spearhead further exploration and conquest. “There are tens of thousands of rural civilians who are missing around the world since the Aliens have arrived,” states Head X-COM Scientist Craptacular. “They have attacked numerous cities purely for the sake of terrorizing the population. The alien bases we have captured held reams of evidence detailing torture, abduction, and plans for ‘human farming’ on a massive scale. What is crystal clear is that the Aliens are out to kill every single one of us. That many countries of the world believe their lies and deception is a delusional tragedy.”

Aliens caught in the act of abducting a young girl in Minnesota. UN Photo

In a reply to the UN rejection, Sectoid Leader stated, “Everyone has seen the doctored X-COM photos; no one believes them or the lies spouted by the X-COM terrorists. We are engendering great prosperity in England, France, Germany, and now Italy. Their people are happier, better off, and wealthier than they were a year ago. But very well, you have refused our offer of peace. Let the blood of your people be on your own hands.”

There were no reports of weapons of mass destruction being employed against Earth as this edition went to press.

Related Stories: Clergy Calls for Calm (page 1A); Gatesville Management Reports Playoff Ticket Sales Slump Due to Alien Threat (page 1C); Yankees’ Owner Offers Rocketship Tickets on E-Bay; Bids Hit $5,000,000 (page 1F).
Old 06-21-2004, 04:15 PM   #256
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

December 4
The world waits for the aliens to act on their threat, but nothing happens. There are no UFOs, no attacks, nothing. Things are completely quiet.

D-Day lies only ten days away.

December 5
Shortly after midnight, USA COM radar picks up a small UFO heading for the Atlantic. The USA COM Interceptor launches and gives chase all the way to western Russia, where it finally catches and downs the craft.

We launch the ASIA COM Skyranger to go in for the crash-site assault.

On board:
Thomkal II, BYU II, Jeff Nights II, Qwikshot II, Calis, FF Froggies, Fat Football II, Danny Van Halen, Illinifan V, Pscyho Cop II

They'll strike at dawn. Good luck, men.

D-Day is nine days away.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-21-2004 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #257
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Random Replies...

Breeze: Maybe I missed your PSI-rating. I'll double check this evening. I thought I got everyone though.

Jerk: Excellent argument! Martian chicks must rock.

Revrew: Let's renegotiate as soon as this season is over.

Sterling: You and Craptacular are travelling all over the place. We've got big manufacturing sites at EU COM, USA COM, ASIA COM, and SAM COM. Right now, I'd have to think you're spending most of your time working on the Avenger at SAM COM.

Sachmo: If none of the other pilots are still around (Capn Morgan, Toddiec IV, Superman), the job is all yours. I think Toddiec IV is still around, though, in which case we'll probably have to draw straws to see who gets to be pilot and who gets to be co-pilot.

Dawgfan: Thanks!

Jeff: Nice post!

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-21-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:29 PM   #258
MikeVic
Head Coach

What a letdown! I wanted to kill some more aliens!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 04:46 PM   #259
Kodos
Resident Alien

Tell those other alien bastards that the mighty X-Com forces will NEVER surrender so long as even one of us lives on!

Well, maybe if it's just ardent left...
Old 06-21-2004, 04:59 PM   #260
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I'll go on record agreeing with prior sentiment: Blaster Rockets are cool! w00t! My kills-per-mission ratio is going up again...
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:36 PM   #261
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

OMG!! a Psi Defense of 3. Shoot me already.

Hey if you need a Psi target to draw their attention on Mars, how can you better than that. Hell I'm the biggest target by a wide margin, and a good candidate to be up front by the door as well.

I had such high hopes too, I haven't been controlled yet. Then again, not more than a couple of my missions have exposed me to sectoids.

THREE for goodness sake.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:50 PM   #262
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

PsiDefense of 81! Woot! Hopefully that will make up for a short scoreboard and earn me a ticket to Mars
Old 06-21-2004, 06:22 PM   #263
Thomkal
Head Coach

Woot! One more chance to impress the brass selecting agents for the Mars strike mission. Thomkal II is ready to show why he deserves to be one of their choices.

I'm almost afraid to ask where you got that "alien baby" picture from. That's downright scary.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:45 PM   #264
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kodos, you hater.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:21 PM   #265
Swaggs
Coordinator

I hate Sectoid Leader.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:24 PM   #266
Tasan
College Starter

Tasan II here, lobbying for a spot on the Mars mission. My poor dad got punked out so bad, that he needs some retrobution. Heck, like I said earlier, I'd be a good "Give him no gun and let him run around" candidate!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:37 PM   #267
jerk3616
n00b

If I get to go to Mars, I *so* want to wear the red Star Trek uniform.
jerk3616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:08 AM   #268
tucker342
Pro Starter

Even though tuckerIII has never been on a mission, I think you guys should pick him
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:55 AM   #269
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I hate Sectoid Leader.

His parents are the kind of Aliens whose human counterparts, Mr and Mrs Smith, name their son John, just to be normal.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:09 AM   #270
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Mars Strike Team Omega

The next two selections for Strike Team Omega are:

1. Commander Kodos
2. Captain Revrew
3. Colonel Jfbbis
4. Colonel Wade Moore
6. Captain AStott
7. Sergeant Thomkal II
A consistent team player with a positive attitude, Thomkal II has also managed to rack up 18 kills, sixth best amongst our agents. Although it would be nice to feel more comfortable with his PSI abilities, his strong performance record and steady skills make him an good choice for the Mars mission.

8. Sergeant Achilles
Another consisent performer with a high kill total, Achilles also brings a highly accurate aim, strong throwing arm, and good PSI-skills. His only negative is his low bravery, which could be a liability if the Mars mission swings in the wrong direction.

Welcome aboard, men.

Next up...
Kodos' Commander Choice. Kodos has the floor and may make his selection as soon as he's ready.

After he posts, I'll explain the rules for the Agents' Choice selection process and we'll get started with that. Originally I was thinking about running a nomination process but I think we'll simply create a separate thread and get right to the vote.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:00 AM   #271
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

How about a poll?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:05 AM   #272
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This is a lot of fun!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:07 AM   #273
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
How about a poll?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure it would work as a poll. We'd need a lot of choices (a poll's maximum is 12). Also, I want to let people choose two agents.

Little more work to add everything up, but it should go fast.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:09 AM   #274
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Duh! Forgot about the limit. Sorry.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:53 AM   #275
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Raven Hawk II stood up from the couch. The TV that sat right in front of the couch still had sound blaring from it. When had CNN become his favorite channel? It was only a couple of months ago, he remembers, that he was sitting on his own coach watching The Real World with his girlfriend.

However his new life has different priorities. At first he didn't like it. Too much structure, too much frivolity. After returning from his last mission, he understood that the structure and frivolity that had annoyed him so much was necessary in such trying times. At a base level, if you can't trust a person, you can trust their training.

Raven walks over to the medical ward and heads for Jfbbis' room. Raven Hawk knows exactly where it is because he has spent time with the Colonel on a few occassions since they returned from their last battle. Jfbbis, still in a coma, lay silently hooked up to various machines beeping at different intervals. Jfbbis had saved his life and now there was nothing he could do in return. Without a tear, he walks away whispering another thank you to Jfbbis as he had done every time he left the room.

Raven's walk back to his bunk takes him down the Hall of Heroes. An informal monument that the men had created at EUCOM. Pictures of the fallen soldiers. Men who had given their lives for X-COM. All the greats were there BYU, Shorty, Klayman, Rich . . . and his own father. Even in a picture, Raven's father could stare him down. But this time, he got a different feeling. Usually his father passed him the feeling of disworth, guilt, and disappointment. Yet, today . . . decked out in his uniform, he could swear that the picture smiled at him with pride. It was clear to Raven what he must do.

He walked down to Commander Kodos' office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" a voice rings from inside.

"Commander, sir. I'd like to volunteer for the Mars mission, sir!"

"Duly noted. Dismissed, Squaddie."

Although Raven knows that he is not the first to volunteer, nor the most experienced, he can't help but to hope that the Commander picks him for the mission.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:19 AM   #276
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

One seat on the Mars mission will go to the agent who wins the X-COM II Twisted Puzzle Competition, so don't miss it if you want to get on that Avenger!
Old 06-22-2004, 12:43 PM   #277
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

After careful deliberations, I have decided to choose Sergeant Swaggs to join Strike Team Omega with my Commander's Choice selection. The Sergeant is brave, highly resistant to PSI attacks, and has a great missions to kills ratio. Welcome aboard, Swaggs. Do your planet proud!

To all of our other fine soldiers, and ardent, I regret that I could not select you. Good luck in the continuing selection process.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-22-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:44 PM   #278
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Qwikshot wants some action!!!
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:01 PM   #279
jerk3616
n00b

(looks up from giant pile of blow)

Fine by me, Kodos. You picked a good soldier.

(resumes face down position)
Old 06-22-2004, 03:29 PM   #280
Thomkal
Head Coach

Woot! Sergeant Thomkal II is proud to join his fellow soldiers in taking it to the invaders all the way to Mars! He's working daily with X-Com Medical on improving his Psi-scores so he won't be a liability to the squad.

To Mars men! To Mars!

Thanks for picking him GB
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:33 PM   #281
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kodos is a hater. I take back my NCAA comment.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:19 PM   #282
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Kodos is a hater. I take back my NCAA comment.

I guess rooting for you comrades to die so you can get some action doesn't pay!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:13 PM   #283
MrBug708
Head Coach

Swaggs, why is there payment of 5 million dollars to a EA sports shush account in the Caymen ISlands?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:23 PM   #284
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I hope I get chosen eventually for being overly "enthusiast"ic.

I heart X Com.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:27 PM   #285
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
I hope I get chosen eventually for being overly "enthusiast"ic.

I heart X Com.

I honestly considered choosing you to be one of the unarmed soldiers.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:29 PM   #286
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
I honestly considered choosing you to be one of the unarmed soldiers.

They don't call me Ardent Enthusiast for nothing. I'm game for being unarmed.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:29 PM   #287
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Mars Strike Team Omega

So far we've got:

1. Commander Kodos
2. Captain Revrew
3. Colonel Jfbbis
4. Colonel Wade Moore
6. Captain AStott
7. Sergeant Thomkal II
8. Sergeant Achilles
9. Sergeant Swaggs
An excellent choice by our Commander!

Up next...

10. Agent's Choice ??
11. Agent's Choice ??

To vote: go here

Good luck!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:31 PM   #288
Poli
FOFC Survivor

OT of sorts: (I'm not trying for brownie points, honestly) GB, thanks for the fun game/dynasty report and for letting me be a small part of it.

AE
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:31 PM   #289
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
After careful deliberations, I have decided to choose Sergeant Swaggs to join Strike Team Omega with my Commander's Choice selection. The Sergeant is brave, highly resistant to PSI attacks, and has a great missions to kills ratio. Welcome aboard, Swaggs. Do your planet proud!

Thank you, Sir.

I will not dissapoint you.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:42 PM   #290
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Meanwhile, back at the war...

106th Mission: Russian Sectoids

The ASIA COM Skyranger heads through the night sky on yet another long journey westward. Let’s hope we they can cash in all their frequent flyer miles after this war is over. Their destination today is a UFO scout that has crash-landed in western Russia. The attack will go off at dawn, our favorite time of day.

The men make final preparations for combat. This is a small scout we’ll be up against, so we’re not expecting much resistance. We’ve been on a good run with missions lately, and now is not the time to change that trend.

Jeff Nights II leads our men.

Left Side:
1. Thomkal II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. BYU II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. Jeff Nights II (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
4. Qwikshot II (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
5. Calis (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

Right Side:
1. FF Froggies (Blaster Launcher, Power Suit)
2. Fat Football II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. Danny Van Halen (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Illinifan V (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
5. Pscyho Cop II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

The men scan the battlefield as the Skyranger drops though the crisp, cloudless sky. We’ve got our standard fare of terrain: fields, fences, etc. We’ll be coming down on the northeast corner of the battlefield, so the area in front of our exit and the area to the right of our exit are secure ground. However, we can make out the small, square UFO to the left of the nose of the Skyranger, about 30 meters from our exit. Also, to the immediate left of our exit is a two-story house.

The Skyranger drops the final few meters to the ground and touches down. The ramp falls away…

Silence.

Our tank drifts out of the Skyranger bay, spins, and searches for aliens. There’s nothing near the exit, nor can we see anything in the house to our left. We send the tank vertical, and have it begin sweeping the battlefield.

BYU II and Danny Van Halen are first out of the Skyranger. They take up firing positions at the landing gear. Jeff Nights II exits, goes vertical in his flying suit, and hangs back of our tank by about 10 meters.

There appear to be no aliens near our Skyranger, but the house to the left of our position remains a mystery. BYU II breaks for the front door and enters. He’ll clear that building. Thomkal II exits the Skyranger and joins Danny Van Halen. The two of them advance under the Skyranger body, and head south, to search the area on this side of the UFO. Fat Football II and Calis exit next. They head southwest, straight for the UFO. FF Froggies exits and sets up a firing position near our Skyranger with the Blaster Launcher.

Suddenly, as our tank continues its aerial sweep, it picks up a Sectoid cutting across an open field behind the UFO, about 50 meters away from our men. Jeff Nights, up high, is the only agent with a shot, but it’s an awful long one. Nevertheless, he carefully lines it up and pulls the trigger on his heavy plasma. A single streak of plasma blazes across the battlefield. Jeff’s first shot catches the unaware Sectoid right in the torso. We see a splash of green. The Sectoid falls backwards to the field. Hell of a shot, Jeff! X-COM 1, Aliens 0.

With that, we pull Jeff back down to the Skyranger and replace him with Qwikshot II and Illinifan V. They head vertical, then start moving southwest across the battlefield.

Over the next couple of minutes we are able to expand our position without meeting any resistance, but as we start to close on the UFO, our tank picks up a Sectoid walking behind some shacks behind the enemy UFO, about 40 meters away. Danny Van Halen, on the flank of our position, actually has a long shot at this alien. He lines the creature up on his HUD and pulls the trigger. Plasma goes streaking toward the shacks but most of it slams into the corner of the intervening UFO. Before Danny can adjust his aim, the Sectoid darts behind the cover of the shacks.

Fat Football is about 45 meters away from this alien, but the shacks and UFO are in the way. He has no chance for a shot. Instead, he preps a grenade, carefully judges distance and wind, then lobs the thing over the UFO and shacks. The grenade bounces off the flat roof of the shack and disappears right behind the shack where the alien is taking cover. A second later there is a crashing explosion rips apart the back half of the shack. We hear the Sectoid screaming in agony. Wow! Nice throw, Fat! X-COM 2, Aliens 0.

While our men continue to expand our position, our Hovertank heads for the shacks behind the UFO to get a closer look BYU II gives us the all-clear on the house. We make one quick change, as we pull Fat Football off the front line and replace him with Psycho Cop II

As our tank closes in on the shacks, once again it spots a Sectoid. This one is cutting between two of the small huts. Once again, we’re too far away to have many agents with open lines of fire. Only Illinifan and Qwikshot have any chance of hitting the creature. As they open fire from long distance, Thomkal preps a grenade and tosses it towards the alien’s position. Qwikshot and Illinifan’s plasma tear up the small wooden shacks, but it is Thomkal’s grenade that blows apart the fleeing Sectoid and picks up the kill. Another nice toss! X-COM 3, Aliens 0.

With that kill, the battlefield is secure except for the interior of the UFO. Time to bust it. We bring Psycho Cop, Calis, and Danny Van Halen to a position just beside the near corner. Illinifan and Qwikshot take the roof right above the front door.

FF Froggies will blow a hole in the back corner. Right after that, we’ll send Psycho, Calis, and Danny in through that opening. An instant later, Illinifan and Qwikshot will go in the front door.

On three. One…two…three!

FF Froggies pulls the trigger on the Blaster Launcher. The missile races around the Skyranger and slams into the corner of the UFO. Flame and dirt are kicked back from the craft as the missile punches a hole in the thick UFO skin. Just as the explosion dies down, we hear the screams of dying Sectoids inside the craft. Danny Van Halen is the first to the hole. He looks inside…

Nothing left. There is a dead Sectoid in the middle of the UFO. Everything else inside has been flattened by the blaster missile. X-COM 4, Aliens 0.

Mission over.

Kills: Fat Football II, 1; Thomkal II, 1; FF Froggies, 1; Jeff Nights II, 1.
KIA: None.
Wounded: None.
Attribute Improvements: Fat Football II, Thomkal II, FF Froggies, Jeff Nights II.
Final score: 68.
Mission Notes:
Well, it turns out that even FF Froggies can hit something with a blaster launcher. He finally gets his first kill to end the mission. Next time we’ll have to work on BYU II getting his first kill, and Calis to get some action.

With flying suits, Hovertanks, and blaster launchers, we are a force to reckon with. The advantage of going vertical is huge.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:48 PM   #291
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I heart flying suits. Screw the aliens and their blasted grenades!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:50 PM   #292
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

December 6

The alien threat appears to be a bluff, as there are no signs of weapons of mass destruction being employed anywhere on the planet.

Late in the day, the AFRICA COM Interceptor downs a medium UFO scout over Denmark, but the UFO plunges into the ocean and sinks without a trace.

Otherwise, the day is quiet.

D-Day minus eight days.

December 7

The world relaxes as four days have gone by without any biological, chemical, or nuclear threats.

Late at night, the ASIA COM Interceptor bags yet another Snakeman UFO scout over Siberia. The thing crash lands in the forests. We launch USA COM to attack. They’ll go in for the assault at dawn on the 8th.

On board:
Achilles, Sublime II, Jeeber D, Mr. Bug IV, Klayman III, Patman II, Lokugh III, AStott, Anxiety III, Katon II

D-Day minus seven days.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-22-2004 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #293
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Darn, I missed the flight today.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:57 PM   #294
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They don't call me Ardent Enthusiast for nothing. I'm game for being unarmed.

I am with Ardent on this one. I don't need no stinking weapon.

Not only am I willing, but I have the psi defenses to get the job done! I mean no one else is even in competition when we talk about psi defenses.

I suck!! pick me!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 06:12 PM   #295
JeeberD
General Manager

Those snively Snakemen will suffer satisfactorily...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #296
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

One agent has been selected by his commander. One agent will win the Puzzle Competition with their mind. Two will win Agent’s Choice awards with the respect of their peers. It is only fitting that some of you win a spot on the Mars mission via your ability to kill aliens. So we present to you…

The Battle Competition

The next 14 agents in order of total kills have been selected as participants in this mission. They are as follows:

1. Danny Van Halen (14)
2. Patman II (13)
3. Wolfpack (13)
4. Qwikshot II (12)
5. Coffee Warlord II (11)
6. Sublime II (11)
7. Jeeber D (10) Normal
8. Naiwf (10)
9. Fat Football II (10)
10. Split Personality III (9) Aggressive
11. Breeze (8)
12. Afoci (8)
13. Illinifan V (8)
14. Japherwaki II (7)

Alternates:
15. Real Deal III (7) Aggressive
16. Chuck U Farley (5)
17. Glen Goyne (5)
18. Alf III (5)
19. Mr. Bug IV (5) Normal
20. Blade6119 (4) Normal
21. Mike Vic (4)
22. Klayman III (4)

Important ties have been broken first by Kills/Mission ratio, and then by family total kills. These rankings will change as new missions come in, so don’t get too comfortable.

Fourteen of you have been selected to assault the sole remaining alien base, in England. All fourteen of you will be given heavy plasmas, two grenades, and a medi-kit. We will take blaster launchers, but will store them to the side unless we lose 9 agents, at which time any agent may pick up and use a blaster launcher.

-Instead of me selecting the order of deployment, I will be using random dice rolls to determine who is first down the grav-lift, etc.

-I almost always try to spread out the kills over a number of agents so as to maximize our total attribute gains. However, on this mission, it’ll be every man for himself, for as many kills as he can get. I will always push you to get a kill. For example, if two agents can fire at the same alien, I will roll a die to determine who shoots first instead of giving the shot to the agent without a kill, etc.

-Generally I play a cautious game. I make sure our flanks our covered before advancing. I have us search areas carefully even though I am 95% sure there are no aliens in them. On base missions, I try to establish a solid perimeter and work hard to maintain it. In this mission, however, you will determine the mode of play for your agent. You will select from either: (1) Aggressive (move forward as fast as possible toward through your assigned sector with no regard for defensive reactions or flanks); (2) Normal (move through your assigned sector often with regard for reactive fire, but with little regard for getting outflanked; (3) Cautious (move through your sector always considering reactive fire, and never allow the potential to get outflanked). Again, generally I play a cautious game to minimize casualties. Aggressive usually gets an agent killed quickly. Normal is still risky on base missions, where it’s easy for aliens to get in behind our positions.

-Your performance will be scored, and the top two agents will get a ticket on the Mars mission. Scoring will be as follows:

Point Scoring
Kill Alien or Mind-Controlled Agent: 2 points
Hit Alien or Mind-Controlled Agent (but not register a kill): 1 point
Confirmed Kill of a Blaster-Launcher Alien: 1 bonus point
Treat Fellow Agents’ Wounds: 1 point
Earn Angel’s Wings: 1 point
Be the first agent into the Command Center who survives the mission: 2 points
Be the second agent into the Command Center who survives the mission: 1 point
Lose Morale Due to a PSI attack, forcing us to order you to drop your weapons until you regain composure: -1 point
Freeze: -2 points
Go Berserk: -4 points
Get Mind Controlled: -8 points
Get killed: Disqualified

-Agents may pick up and use any enemy weapon they find on the mission, including Blaster Launchers.

To qualify for this mission, post here by midnight June 23 (CST), with your preferred combat mode: aggressive, normal, cautious. Alternate agents please post here as well, as we’re likely to need a few of you to replace agents that don’t answer the call. If you don’t make the post, we’ll replace you with someone from the alternate list. Also, any winners of the Agent’s Choice awards—if they in the group of 14 men—will be dropped from the mission and replaced with an alternate.

Good luck!

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-22-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:48 PM   #297
kingfc22
Head Coach

If I ever see Tucker III, he is going to get a blaster launcher in his stomach.

KingFC I had 3 kills in his first action and would probably have another kill which would make him an alternate for this great base assault challenge.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:54 PM   #298
JeeberD
General Manager

JeeberD reporting for the English base assault, Sir! I would like to usa a normal combat mode...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:54 PM   #299
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im always ready for the mission godzilla, and ill do whatever you want
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:01 PM   #300
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

We, SplitP1, will play aggressively of course.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote