Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2003, 01:17 AM   #251
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

This just in from the Skyranger pilot...

Skyranger Transmission

Ok, I got the feed back up, and I think I can patch you through. You guys should hear this. It's not that clear anymore; I think their radios is kinda messed up now. Do you think I should leave? I don't want any aliens to get this ship, you know. These things are expensive. Anyway, here's the feed. I'll patch you through. ...Oh, look, a mosquito.

Live feed from Alien Base

Feed start: H-hour plus Zebra Tango Tango Minutes; Voice ID On (Reliability: 82%)

Kodos: (yelling)...amn it! ...men down? Report! What th......ing on?

Fonzie II: (yelling) Aaaargh! Oh, G... ...fucking ar... ...where's... arm? Jesu... urts! ...elp me!

Wade: Coffe... ...now! ...urry. .........Medikit...

Kodos: Ch... ...um? Dam... ... ... ost our ..aster launc...? ...an ...one reach Chief...? Where is Blade 61...? ...he take ...? Wade, is Sac... ead, too? Wade, do you... me? ...iece of cr... adios.

Jeeber D: ...Mommy...hurts...God, it hurts...Mommy.

Jfbbis: Damn it, damn it, damn it!...can't walk......ing pipe in my leg...Tasan!...elp!

Tasan: Dude!...essed up bad. ...ang on.

Jfbbis: (yelling) Aaaaaaaaaargh!...uck...f....uck...I'm gonna ..ie. You.......f......ill me, you asshole? Oh, God damn it! Put......ikit on.

3ric III: (whispered)...south east......alien launcher...saw the missile..........to take it out.......(BANG).................shit..........tell....son... love him.

Wade: (yelling) Sachmo...go! Now! Do it! ...miss!

Coffee: Oh oh. What's that?

BLAM BLAM BLAM.

Live feed terminated

So, like, what do you think? I told you it doesn't sound good, didn't I? Some of the guys think I make stuff up, don't they? And some of them think I can't give a good report, I know! I know what they say behind my back: 'Where do we get these loser Skyranger pilots?' Well, this time they can't say that about me, can they? This is live! How can I make it up! Those guys think I don't have feelings? Like I'm not hurt when people make fun of me? Well, no matter what you tell me, I can tell you this: those men went in that base seven minutes ago, and all I've heard for the last four minutes is men screaming. If you don't do something, they're all gonna fucking die in there. You want me to tell them to get the hell out? It ain't worth it, man. We can come back again.

I told the pilot to sit tight. Let Kodos pull his own men out. It's his call. We ain't lost one yet, and now's not the time to start.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 08-19-2003 at 01:22 AM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 01:54 AM   #252
Swaggs
Coordinator

Guess I better wait by my phone... This sounds bad.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:38 AM   #253
klayman
College Benchwarmer

The only thing missing is Bill Paxton yelling "That's it man, game over man, game over, man! Game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 08:43 AM   #254
AStott
Mascot

Yeah... like I said, bad feeling about this one...
AStott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:07 AM   #255
Blade6119
Coordinator

My god....i was right about the damn blaster launchers!!!!!...well....id rather be missing during the mission then dead...maybe im going all covert on their asses and im going to save the day!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 08-19-2003 at 09:30 AM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:11 AM   #256
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Um. CWIII senses a great disturbance in the force.

I KNEW you cursed me by accidentally mentioning CW Jr Jr, GB!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:54 AM   #257
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by klayman
The only thing missing is Bill Paxton yelling "That's it man, game over man, game over, man! Game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"

Maybe you're not up on current events, but we just got out asses kicked!

I love that guy! He really made that movie.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:05 AM   #258
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I say we nuke the entire site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:25 PM   #259
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz

Jeeber D: ...Mommy...hurts...God, it hurts...Mommy.

Urmmmm....no bueno...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:45 PM   #260
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

Skryanger Transmission

Um, hi, it's me again. Kodos just sent me an udpate. Here it is...

Encounteried heavy resistance on insertion. Suffered heavy casualties. Sustained a direct hit from an enemy blaster missile. Currently 3 agents KIA, 3 wounded. Enemy casualities unknown, but estimated at 4 KIA. Have taken approximately 25% of enemy base. Weak perimeter established, but enemy infiltration attempts expected. Attempting to hold perimeter. Outcome: uncertain.

I think I can post this mission this evening. Should be tomorrow at the latest.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:04 PM   #261
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Oh my.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 02:12 PM   #262
Tasan
College Starter

Sounds like fun folks. Um, JeeberD, I hope I'm helping you, not shooting you ;- )
Old 08-19-2003, 02:15 PM   #263
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

This just in, from Kodos on the Skyranger on its way back:

Skyranger Transmission

Kodos here. ETA is...87 minutes. Tell surgery to get ready. We've got multiple wounded agents on board, and one of them is hanging in the balance. We'll need a full intestinal replacement and an arm attachment to start with. And tell Crappy we didn't come even close to getting him his base commander. Kodos out.

_________

This mission will go up this evening!
Old 08-19-2003, 02:17 PM   #264
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm not one of the dead....

Old 08-19-2003, 02:21 PM   #265
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

We didn't get close to the base commander because we killed him too quick right?
Old 08-19-2003, 02:24 PM   #266
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I would imagine after the carnage we had, we resorted to just bombing the shit out of everything with the Blaster Launchers.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:00 PM   #267
thirdandlong
Mascot

OK Where do I sign up. I wanna be Fresh Meat. I'll be expendable anything. You can use me to open doors, Forward Scout, anything! I'll turn corners for you!!!

Must Kill Aliens!!!!
thirdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 03:01 PM   #268
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I just hope I didn't lose the arm that had Cam's finger on it. I had grown quite attached to it.

*rim shot*
Old 08-19-2003, 03:05 PM   #269
thirdandlong
Mascot

I wanna say I am just starting out reading through these mammoth threads. This stuff is truly inspired. Godzilla this is wonderful. I love it.

Xcom is one of my favorite all time games. This thread has inspired me to put down all my sports sims, and break out my collectors edition of XCOM. My last mission, IIRC, was my first battle ship ground assault. My crack crew was chewed up like I dropped them in a meat grinder. I need to pick up where i left off, and rebuild.

Keep it up!

Oh and Dola
thirdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:39 PM   #270
Kodos
Resident Alien

Things are looking pretty good in terms of me surviving. And in terms of getting that new spleen.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:42 PM   #271
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unfortunatly Kodos, the radios mistook your voice for mine. Sorry, bro. No spleen for you!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:58 PM   #272
MrBug708
Head Coach

More deaths means MrBug gets to play!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:59 PM   #273
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Warlord
I say we nuke the entire site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

That's from Aliens right? They just had on the special edition with the added footed, very cool.

Last edited by Qwikshot : 08-19-2003 at 04:59 PM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:00 PM   #274
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Correcto Qwikshot.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:37 PM   #275
Kodos
Resident Alien

Except for the third entry, that is one of the finest movie franchises around. I thought Alien Resurrection was really entertaining too. Winona Ryder's performance was arrestingly good.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-19-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:13 PM   #276
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Winona Ryder's performance was arrestingly good.

*rim shot*
Old 08-19-2003, 06:22 PM   #277
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Man, I almost want to avoid posting for a while in hopes that death will pass me by.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 06:22 PM   #278
Blade6119
Coordinator

so....now we just need to know who it was who died...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:23 PM   #279
Blade6119
Coordinator

and how i didn't of course
Demotivation
Old 08-19-2003, 08:05 PM   #280
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Things are looking pretty good in terms of me surviving. And in terms of getting that new spleen.

Hey! I'm not dead yet! At least wait to see if I survive surgery before you stick you tentacles inside my abdoman...

Hey, that actually kinda tickles...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 08-19-2003 at 08:06 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:10 PM   #281
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

60th Mission: Pandemonium in Portugal

“If we must die, let us die honorably. Unless someone gets mind-controlled, in which case blow the poor bastard to hell”—Commander Kodos, aboard the EU Skyranger, shortly before his men assaulted the alien infested Portuguese base on September 4, 2003.

The EU COM Skyranger has been cutting westward for two hours. Keeping low to the ground to avoid detection, the craft now begins its final run towards the Spain-Portugal border and the alien base that lies nearby.

The news that the aliens have built a third active base in Europe is a devastating blow to our agency’s morale, and you can sense an almost tangible shift in attitude inside the Skyranger. It seems that no matter what we do on the ground, the aliens keep spreading through Europe, and despite stunning victories against alien UFOs, it is crystal clear that we are losing the war, and losing it fast. In the span of two short weeks, we have lost Germany, seen two alien bases built, and received a brutal cutback in funding from the United Nations.

The mood inside the Skyranger today is one of smoldering determination. The mood of men who know they have fought as well as they possibly can, yet in the end, realize that the deck was stacked against them from the start. Yet if it’s possible to measure a man through the glint in his eyes, one would have to conclude the every man inside the craft today has wrestled with his personal demons of mortality and the hopelessness of the world’s plight, accepted that they will most likely die a warrior’s death, and resolved to take as many of the slimy bastards to hell with them as possible. If we must die, let’s make sure it’s not alone.

The Skyranger slows for the final approach. Kodos gives the word: “Prepare to disembark”. In a few moments, the Skyranger hits the ground, the ramp falls outwards, and within a minute our troops are trotting in formation to the air vents that conceal the subterranean base. Once there, they cut through the grates, and begin the rappel into the darkness below.

Within minutes, the men are cutting their way into two supply rooms that lie over the main floor of the sprawling base. We appear to be going in on the northeastern side of the base, and most of the battle should occur to our west and south. However, there appears to be enough space eastward that we will need to dispatch men to clear those areas as well. As in our last base assault, the plan will be relatively simple. Pair men up, establish a defensive perimeter, and expand our position. We’ll need to clear the eastern portion of the base quickly to be able to do this.

The men lower themselves into the two adjoining supply rooms:

East Side Group:
1. Chief Rum II (Blaster Launcher, Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Tasan (Laser Pistol, Power Suit)
3. 3ric III (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Blade6119 III (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Jfbbis (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
6. Kodos (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

West Side Group:
1. Wade Moore (Heavy Plasma, Stun Blaster, Power Suit)
2. Patman II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. Fonzie II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Anxiety (Heavy Plasma, Stun Launcher, Power Suit)
5. Coffee Warlord II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
6. Sachmo II (Blaster Launcher, Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
7. Jeeber D (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
8. Airhog (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

Kodos looks at his nervous men, and decides this is the time for leadership. He heads for the grav-lift down, steps in, and descends to the main floor of the base…

No signs of movement. Kodos is standing in a corner of a medium-size room. There are four exit corridors, one on each of the four walls. Kodos spins to check as much of each corridor as he can, but sees no signs of alien life.

An instant later, Jeeber D and Airhog head down the grav-lift from the supply room just to the west of Kodos. They reach the floor of the main base...

Nothing. No signs of life. Maybe they’re out to a movie? Jeeber D and Airhog are standing in a similar room as the one Kodos is in: medium-size, square, with a corridor on each wall. The east corridor opens directly onto the room that Kodos is in; Jeeber D nods to Kodos in recognition.

Kodos heads back up the grav-lift and issues the command to begin setting up the perimeter. In the East group, Blade6119 III, Tasan, and 3ric III descend to the floor of the base. Blade6119 covers the north corridor, Tasan takes the east, and 3ric III covers the south. Likewise, Anxiety descends to the floor on the room to the west and joins Airhog and Jeeber D. Jeeber takes the south corridor, Airhog covers the west, and Anxiety covers the north.

Suddenly, Blade6119 catches movement—or does he? Something purple and slimy appeared to cross the floor of the room to his north, and then quickly slithered out of view. Damn it. What the hell is that? Blade6119 steps forward to see…

There it is! Purple slime, shimmering about fifteen feet away, in the corner of the room to the north. Blade6119 drops to a knee and opens fire on full auto: his heavy plasma rips gobs of slime out of the creature, and within seconds it stops moving! Nice job! In the past, we’ve only seen those purple slimes coupled with Mutons. Could this be a non-Sectoid base? X-COM 1, Aliens 0.

Blade 6119 continues cautiously north. Jfbbis heads down the grav-lift and joins Tasan; together the two of them head east. They can see the easternmost wall of the base from here, but there is a north-south corridor that runs directly in front of it. 3ric III continues to cover the south corridor, which he can now see joins directly onto a room stacked with large red power cells. Chief Rum II comes down the grav-lift and sets up a firing position with the Blaster Launcher in the northwest corner of the room.

In the western room, Anxiety heads north. Within moments, he spots the northernmost wall of the base. There is an east-west corridor running in front of it. Airhog covers the west corridor, which he can now see opens onto some kind of fungus-filled caverns. Jeeber D covers the south corridor, and can see that this opens directly onto another room with power cells. Fonzie II heads down the grav-lift into the room.

Suddenly, Airhog and Fonzie II spot movement in the caverns! More purple slime! Two of them! And one appears to be a huge clump of slime, about three times the size of the others! Fonzie II gets off a quick shot at the smaller slime, but it scuttles out of sight.

And then…

Whooosh! 3ric III, in the eastern room, looks in horror as a blaster missile comes right down the corridor towards him. The rocket tears into the eastern room, then veers sharply west, where it slams into the edge of the wall in the middle of the two rooms. Kablaaam! There is a tremendous roar of fire. Metal fragments, debris, and glass fill the air. Chief Rum II, 3ric III, Airhog, Fonzie II, and Jfbbis are tossed like dolls into the walls of the base, and drop to the ground with thuds. Everyone is deafened by the blast, which could not have hit in a worse spot. Everything is mass confusion. Jfbbis stumbles to his feet. He has a foot long metal spear sticking right through his thigh muscle. Tasan, who is ok except for a thunderous headache and bleeding eardrums, turns back quickly, sees Jfbbis, grabs the metal shaft, and pulls. Jfbbis screams in agony, but holds onto consciousness as the inch-diameter shaft comes out of his thigh with a spurt of blood. Tasan rips out a Medikit and quickly slaps a patch over each side of the wound, then spins back east to cover his position.

In the other room, Fonzie II makes it to his feet, looks down at a pool of blood, and realizes that it is coming from his severed right arm, which is cut off just below the elbow. Blood is gushing out of the stump. Coffee Warlord drops down the grav-lift, pulls out his Medikit, and starts to treat the wound. After a moment, Wade orders Fonzie back up the grav-lift. Fonzie complies, and Wade throws one more patch over Fonzie’s stump; this one finally stems the bleeding.

3ric III, Airhog, and Chief Rum are still not moving. Everyone else is shaken, but appears to be ok, except for Jeeber D, who has a small puncture in his chest armor that is slowly dripping blood.

We try to regain control. Our position is blown apart, and our perimeter non-existent. Not only that, but we’ve got three men still down, and an enemy blaster launcher to the south of us. One more hit like that and we are toast. Anxiety turns around to head back towards the western room, and sees a huge purple slime heading right into the room in front of Coffee Warlord II, who is busy stuffing his Medikit away! Anxiety drops to a knee and opens fire on full auto: his second shot blows the slime to pieces; it lets out a terrific screech as it explodes. X-COM 2, Aliens 0.

Up above, Wade Moore orders Sachmo II down with the Blaster Launcher to try to take out the enemy launcher, as Kodos tries to raise 3ric III, Chief Rum, and Airhog. No one replies, but then 3ric III’s voice—weak and exhausted—comes over the air. “South-east…room…power cells…enemy…launcher…hit cells”. Bingo! Sachmo II jumps into the grav-lift, drops to the main floor, drops immediately to a knee, sets a quick course for the room to the south east of our position, and pulls the trigger. The rocket tears away, and heads around the corner. Kablaaam! Kablaam! Kablaaaam! Jackpot! A chain reaction of exploding power cells tears through the southeast side of the base, and we can hear the death scream of aliens mixed in with it! Yes! Payback, you bastards! Nice spot, 3ric III! X-COM 3, Aliens 0.

We try to regain our perimeter. Blade 6119 scrambles back into the eastern room and runs to Chief Rum. Once there, he checks for a pulse: none. Damn it. Chief is dead. Blade 6119 quickly drops his heavy plasma and picks up Chief’s Blaster Launcher. X-COM 3, Aliens, 1.

In the western room, Coffee Warlord II looks towards the caverns, and spots a purple slime, about ten feet inside. He quickly takes aim and fires: three hits slam into the gooey mass, and it slowly stops quivering. No scream, though, so we can assume it’s still alive.

We’ve got to clear some space around us. Blade 6119 III takes aim at one of the red power cells to the south of our eastern room, and lets rip with the blaster launcher. The missile slams into the cell, and all four cells go up in a rapid-fire series of explosions. Inside the roar, we hear the death scream of another alien! And we can actually see this one’s corpse: Muton! It is a Muton base! X-COM 4, Aliens 1.

Sachmo II follows Blade 6119’s lead, and fires a blaster launcher into the power cells in the room just to the south of the western room: another series of massive explosions, but this time there is no alien scream.

We start to move out again. Anxiety heads north, back along the corridor he started down before, but before he makes it five feet, a plasma blast comes screaming out of the cavern to the west of the room he just left, and drills Anxiety right in the weak back armor. He falls forward in a heap, his back a smoldering ruin. Damn it. Another one dead. X-COM 4, Aliens 2.

Sachmo II, who was only a few feet from Anxiety, slams another missile into the blaster launcher, plots a quick course into the caverns to the west and south, and pulls the trigger. The rocket sails out of the room and into the caverns, where it goes off with a dull crash. We hear the death cries of a Muton in there! Nice shot, Sachmo! Way to use the force! X-COM 5, Aliens 2.

We continue to try to build a perimeter with our depleted force. Tasan, our eastern-most agent, heads east, comes to the north-south corridor, then turns north. He enters a large purple room, devoid of aliens. This is the northeast corner of the base: we’ve secured this corner. He turns south and starts back down the north-south corridor.

Kodos finally gets back in the action. He comes down the grav-lift and heads north, to the room Blade 6119 was trying to reach. Once there, he scans for signs of alien movement: nothing. In the center of the room, there is a grav-lift up. He heads right for it.

To his west, Coffee Warlord II heads up the corridor that Anxiety tried to clear, and makes it to an east-west corridor. The east corridor leads to the room Kodos is in, so Coffee only needs to worry about the way west, which appears to lead into the same cavern complex as the western corridor in the room to the south.

Jeeber D, our westernmost soldier, gets up from where he was taking cover from the blaster launcher shots, and heads for the entrance to the caverns. Unable to see far into them, he preps a grenade, and tosses it inside to clear the way. The grenade goes off with a roar, and Jeeber D waits at the entrance to see if that brings any aliens. While he waits, he takes a close look at Airhog, who is lying across the corridor from him. From this distance, he can see that Airhog’s neck is clearly broken: he head is twisted 180 degrees, and is looking straight up, from his backside. This man is dead. X-COM 5, Aliens 3.

Patman II gets into the action. He heads into the grav-lift and heads south, towards the destroyed power cell room that lies there. To his east, Jfbbis does likewise, breaking south to the similarly destroyed room there. He reaches 3ric III at the entrance to the room, and checks for signs of life: nothing. 3ric III is dead. X-COM 5, Aliens 4.

In the middle of our formation, Sachmo II reloads his blaster launcher. Blade 6119 fires his launcher again, and sends a rocket randomly deep into the alien positions to our south. We hear a dull roar echo through the base, but there are no alien screams that follow. Above, Wade Moore waits to get into the action. He heads down the grav-lift, then breaks for the supply room above the eastern room. We’ve left a few blaster missiles up there, and at the rate we’re using them up, we’ll need them. Fonzie II, as well, is feeling a little bit better, and makes his way down the grav-lift and then towards Jfbbis position.

Things go quiet over the next few minutes. We build a good defensive line of men facing south. There are three corridors that the aliens could hit us from that direction. Tasan covers the easternmost corridor. Jfbbis and Fonzie set up at the edge of the middle corridor. Patman II faces covers the westernmost corridor.

We’ve still got the damn caverns to clear, but Kodos, after checking out the empty second-floor room to the north of us, breaks west, joins Coffee Warlord there, and the two of them begin a westward sweep through the musty, dark caves. Jeeber D anchors this sweep at the south point. Ideally we’d like Kodos and Coffee to clear the caves, then break south so we could form one long line facing the south half of the base.

While this goes on, we pull Sachmo II and Blade 6119 III back to the purple room at the northeast corner of the base. From here, they’ll provide fire support with the blaster launchers. Wade Moore brings them the last handful of missiles—we’ve got eight left altogether—and starts to head south, down towards Jfbbis and Fonzie II.

Back at our south wall, Fonzie II and Jfbbis can hear the whir of alien doors, and Fonzie cranes around the corner to look down into the smoky room to the south. The smoke has cleared somewhat, and Fonzie II can make out what looks like the command complex just past the room immediately adjoining this one! We can guess that there should be quite a few aliens in there, which means that this corridor would be a likely approach route for any aliens advancing on our position. Jfbbis preps a motion-activated proximity grenade, and steps into the corridor to throw it southward towards the narrow corridor that joins the command complex to the room to our south. As he steps into the corridor, he spots a Muton, ten feet away, traveling laterally to out position! Jfbbis pulls the trigger on his blaster launcher. Firing one-handed and wounded is difficult, but Jfbbis is our second-best shot, and at this range, the alien has no chance: Jfbbis slams two hits into the creature’s side, and it topples over, dead! Proximity grenade still in hand, Jfbbis ducks back behind cover. X-COM 6, Aliens 4.

Suddenly, another Muton comes barging into the room right in front of Jfbbis and Fonzie II! The Muton fires at Jfbbis, but his shot tears a chunk of the corner away instead, missing Jfbbis’ head by inches. Fonzie II doesn’t give the Muton a second chance: from three-feet away, he drills the creature in the skull, which explodes in a flash of purple. The Muton crumbles to the ground! Expecting more trouble, Jfbbis calls for fire support, and Blade 6119 fires a blaster missile down the corridor and into the command complex wall, where it explodes in a large fireball. However, there is no sound of alien death. Immediately after that, Jfbbis steps from behind the corner and tosses his proximity grenade to the middle of the corridor that leads from the complex. X-COM 7, Aliens 4.

Almost before he gets back in place, the proximity grenade goes off! Whoa! They’re attacking in numbers now! Fonzie II leans out to look south: Muton coming right at us, about 30 yards away! Fonzie II gets off three quick shots, but he’s firing with only one arm, and all three shots sail well wide. Wade Moore, however, is almost up with these men, and as Fonzie ducks back behind the corner of the room, Wade opens up. He is our best shot, and the alien has no chance: direct hit to the head, from about 60 yards away. Wow! The alien falls backwards to the ground with a wail. Way to show ‘em how, Wade! X-COM 8, Aliens 4.

Blade 6119 fires another blaster launcher missile into the command complex, just beyond this choke point. The missile disappears inside, and goes off with a boom. This time, we hear the screams of dying aliens! Yes! Another one bites the dust! X-COM 9, Aliens 4!

The action is hot and heavy here, but our other men hold tight. Tasan guards the attack route to the east; Patman II guards the route to the west. Kodos and Coffee continue to sweep the caverns, with Jeeber D as the anchor.

Back at the hot spot, Jfbbis preps another proximity grenade, steps out from behind the corner, and tosses it at the neck of the corridor. Wade cuts over towards Patman II, as we’ll need more men there once we start moving south. Almost immediately, Jfbbis’ grenade goes off! Fonzie II leans out again. Another Muton, 30 yards away, looking dazed from the grenade blast! Fonzie II takes aim and pulls the trigger. Streaks of plasma race toward the Muton, one of which catches the Muton in the kneecap and blows the leg in half! The creature grabs the stump, and falls to the ground wailing. It tries desperately to crawl to cover, but only gets a couple of feet before it dies. Another one bites the dust! X-COM 10, Aliens 4.

As this goes on, Kodos, Coffee, and Jeeber D finally finish clearing the western caverns, and reach two exits south that open onto…

More caverns! Apparently this entire side of the base consists of fungus caverns. Damn it. Anyway, we now have all our agents in a line. From east to west: Tasan; Jfbbis and Fonzie II; Wade Moore and Patman II; Jeeber D; and Kodos and Coffee. With at least 10 aliens dead, there can’t be that many of them left. Time to move out. We’ll move the western side of our line (Patman II, Wade, Jeeber D, Kodos, and Coffee) south in a wide turn that brings them alongside the west side of the command complex. Kodos, Coffee, and Jeeber D will sweep the two winding caves in the caverns, and Patman II and Wade will head down the south corridor that they are facing. We move out…

Patman II leads down the corridor as Jeeber D, Kodos, and Coffee head into the caverns. Almost immediately plasma streaks come sailing out of the darkness at Patman II. Two blasts sail over his head, but the third one punches a hole in his stomach armor! Patman II screams, and sees blood draining out over his armor and down his legs. Somehow, he manages to stay up, but where the hell is the alien? Patman II screams in rage and charges down the corridor…

There! Muton! 40 yards away! Patman II drops to a knee just as another plasma blast goes sailing over his head. As Patman II pulls the trigger on his weapon, Jeeber D breaks east from the caves and cuts through an exit into the corridor that Patman II is in. One of Patman II’s shots clips the alien’s waist, taking a chunk of flesh out of it, just as Jeeber D adds his firepower to the battle. Jeeber D drills the alien in the shoulder, taking another chunk of meat out of the beast, but still it stays up! Jeeber D’s hit pulled the creature’s aim off of Patman II, but as the alien spins to fire at Jeeber, Patman II nails him in the groin. The Muton crumbles to the ground, screaming in agony! Within seconds it falls silent! X-COM 11, Aliens 4!

As this is happening, Coffee and Kodos have to split up to go around a large column in the cave they are in. As Coffee starts around, a plasma blast crashes into the rock by his right ear! Startled, he turns, and spots a Muton on the backside of the column! He turns to fire as Kodos goes racing around the other side. Coffee’s shot misses, but Kodos turns the corner at full tilt, then dives, twists, and fires at the Muton in one swift motion. The alien never saw what hit him, as Kodos’ plasma blast tears a foot-wide cavity in the creature’s torso. It wails in pain and drops to the ground! Kodos continues his roll, comes to his feet, and scans the area further south. X-COM 12, Aliens 4.

Back in the westernmost corridor, Wade Moore rushes to Patman II as Jeeber D cuts back towards the caverns to cover the gap in our perimeter. Once Wade gets to Patman, he pulls out his Medikit and slaps a patch over Patman II’s stomach. One patch doesn’t do it, so he quickly makes a triple patch to stem the bleeding. This time the patch kicks in, and Patman II’s bleeding stops! Whew! That was close!

Back at the corridor leading to the command complex, Fonzie II steps around the corner to look for signs of life…

Muton! 30 yards away! This one was waiting for us! Damn it! Fonzie II has time to gulp. He can see the Muton smiling as it begins to pull the trigger…

Whoosh! Kablam! The Muton vanishes in a tremendous explosion! Sachmo II got ‘em with a blaster missile, just in the nick of time! Nice shot! That surely saved Fonzie II’s life!

And that’s it! The last alien! We survived! We did it! Wow! I thought we were toast when that blaster missile hit us, but we held together and did it! We took the bastards out! Way to go, men! Well done! That’s one base that won’t bother us again! We paid a price, but we took out a toll, that’s for sure.

Wade and Jeeber rush to help Patman II back up to the Skyranger. He’s lost a lot of blood, and stomach wounds are never good things. By the time the men get him hauled up the airshaft, he’s fallen unconscious.

The men quickly search for things of value and collect our corpses. The base has been literally blown to pieces by the blaster missiles, and there really isn’t much left to take. Fonzie II, who already has Cam Edwards III’s finger on his left hand, pulls out his hunting knife, and with his one remaining arm, carefully slices off Airhog’s arm at the elbow before clumsily stuffing the remainder of the corpse into a body bag. He wraps the arm in a discarded cloth and sticks it in his backpack.

Wrap-up

Promotions: Jeeber D, Squaddie.
Kills: Jfbbis, 1; Anxiety, 1; Kodos, 1; Wade Moore, 1; Patman II, 1; Sachmo II, 3; Blade 6119 III, 3; Fonzie II, 2.
KIA: 3ric III, Airhog, Anxiety, Chief Rum II.
Wounded: Fonzie II (13 days); Jfbbis (25 days); Jeeber D (3 days); Patman II (critical).
Attribute Improvements: All survivors except Tasan.
Final score: 783!
Mission Notes:
Wow. I thought we were toast on that one. It’s a good thing there weren’t any PSI-capable aliens in there! If we took a hit like that from a Sectoid-controlled base, I doubt we would have won the battle.

Tasan surely deserves a “Couch Potato” Award for his performance today. He managed to go the whole mission without even seeing an alien. His one moment of activity was treating Jfbbis’ wound.

Go FOF X-COM!

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 08-19-2003 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:22 PM   #282
AStott
Mascot

Outstanding! Excellent job men. Ya proved me wrong. So much for gut feelings.
AStott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:34 PM   #283
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ya saved my life Kodos. I guess you're not such a bad alien after all.

Whew.

And without fear or hesitation, I say.

SIGN ME UP FOR THE NEXT BASE ASSAULT!

Note to Manufacturing: Armor reaks slightly of urine. Please have new suit ready ASAP.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:02 PM   #284
Swaggs
Coordinator

Excellent post GB.

Great read.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:02 PM   #285
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

Well, that's one base assault down, and one to go. Don't get too excited over this last mission: it was the easy one. The next one's got Sectoids, so the PSI vibes will be flying, and we've got to capture a leader as well, or Crappy will get all huffy.

But first things first:

Ring, ring, ring

Calling Mr. Bug IV, Lokugh II, Aesyrqwe, Sir Fozzie, Wolfpack, Breeze, and Japherwaki II.

Your planet needs you to fill some dead men's shoes (post here to let me know your ready for action).

Now for the fun part, gentlemen.

Don't party too much in celebration of this assault, because we'll going after the German base ASAP. Actually, don't party at all if you're Patman II, because the beer will just drain out the hole that used to be your stomach and mess up the floor.

We'll need 14 more volunteers. You've got 48 hours to think it over and reply. If you volunteered for the last mission and didn't get in on this base assault, you'll definitely be on the next one if you volunteer again.

Lastly, Patman II is still alive. If he makes it through the night's surgery, he should survive. Keep him in your prayers, if you're the praying type.

That's it. Dismissed. Get some sleep. You'll need all your wits for what's coming up.

Oh, yeah, men, one more thing: good job today. You did us proud.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 08-19-2003 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:09 PM   #286
Blade6119
Coordinator

I lived and tied for most kills...kick ass...

Im sry to see 4 dead men, and 1 more possible along with 3 wounded....lets hope they all live...
Demotivation
Old 08-19-2003, 10:10 PM   #287
RealDeal
High School Varsity

While we're at it, let's go on and take out the other alien base.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #288
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill go again if my country needs me, and fight bravely with my brothers in arms...and even though achilles' computer is still broken, he wants to be chosen this time after getting passed over for the last assault.
Demotivation
Old 08-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #289
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by RealDeal
While we're at it, let's go on and take out the other alien base.

He said we were going after the german in his post...
Demotivation
Old 08-19-2003, 10:23 PM   #290
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Men: Don't get too anal about your body parts. They're kind of like children's toys. We've got to remember to share them with our friends.

Thirdandlong: Welcome! Glad you're enjoying it! I'll add your name to the waiting list. Good luck with your future base assaults!

Al: Yup. We're on it. Let me know if you want a ticket for the ride. By the way, can I change your X-COM name to RealDeal, to reflect the name you use most in this thread? I think some people might get confused the way it is now.

Blade 6119: Achilles is definitely in for the next assault, but if he flips out and goes Sectoid on us, don't blame me, ok?
Old 08-19-2003, 10:28 PM   #291
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I'll go again if you need me.

I have to go cry over my lost comrads now.

Excellent work as always, GB. You are the master.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:39 PM   #292
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yo, Reporting for duty, SIR!

Ready to kick butt and take initials sir, because X-Com doesn't have time for names, SIR!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:43 PM   #293
Tasan
College Starter

Lordy, I think I got sent to check out the barn again or something.....No action in a base assault, that has to be a first. Please please please send me on the German one, and maybe let me get a shot off. Of course, now that I've asked for it, I'll die there....
Old 08-19-2003, 11:04 PM   #294
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Give anyone else who wants to go priority in front of me, of course, but CWII fears no Sectoids....this time. I think. Maybe.

Aw hell. Into the meat grinder of a Sectoid base I go!
Old 08-19-2003, 11:50 PM   #295
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Just call me Frankenfonz.

And thanks for saving my petunias, Sachmo. I owe you a smoothie.

Great work as usual GB!
Old 08-19-2003, 11:53 PM   #296
tucker342
Pro Starter

great job GB!

I would volunter for the next mission, but I don't want to die so early.....
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:56 PM   #297
tucker342
Pro Starter

dola-

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
He said we were going after the german in his post...

I think we still have two bases left, one in England(I think it's in England....) and then the one we're about to attack in Germany...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 12:13 AM   #298
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz
The next one's got Sectoids, so the PSI vibes will be flying, and we've got to capture a leader as well, or Crappy will get all huffy.

I won't get huffy. I'll simply start shoving sharp objects into various holes of other living creatures on the base. And I haven't seen any rats lately. Coppish?
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 12:18 AM   #299
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

During my tour of duty, I killed twice as many aliens as killed me.

Seems reasonable.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 12:48 AM   #300
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Yeah, change me to RealDeal. I first used that name in an interactive NCAA 2002 thread, and ended up with it permanently due to a series of strange reasons. But that seems to have become my FOFC name.

And, what the hell, send me to Germany. It seems to be the fast track to possible glory.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote