Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #251
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Kind of off topic but I have been wondering this. As a Giant fan would you rather have Orton as your QB or Jay Cutler? I ask this for a reason and I will wait to respond.

Cutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #252
NiteMaestro
High School JV

I've been busy for a while fellas... and my Titans have dropped to 0-4 in the process...

Am I right to be worried? 0-3 in three close games is 'okay'... I can manage...
But then getting blown out the water by JAX? No offense to the Jags, but still...
NiteMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #253
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMaestro View Post
Am I right to be worried?

Yes, the Titans suck. The defense is terrible thus far, and they don't have the offense to come back from deficits. Be very worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #254
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Yes, the Titans suck. The defense is terrible thus far, and they don't have the offense to come back from deficits. Be very worried.

Don't scare me like that... lol

I think it's time we let Hope go, and find a new Safety. Not to mention, Thorton's solid, but not getting any younger, and Bullock is starting to become a liability in pass coverage.
Maybe Kelgar can step up into that role?

I'm a bit afraid of us going 0-6 into our bye, and VY getting the nod prematurely. I think he'll do fine, but i'd rather stick him in when we're 2-4, or 1-5, so he doesn't feel like he HAS to get that 'first win'...
Old 10-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #255
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Cutler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Cutler

OK, just wondering. With a great running back and defense like the Giants have I wasnt sure if youd prefer the more talented yet turnover prone QB to the ball control type QB that doesnt do much other than get his other players to make plays for him. I dont know that Cutler knows how to hold back therefore I am not sure if he would be good fit for a Giant team that doesnt need a whole lot of production from the QB spot most games.

With that said I think if Cutler played on the Cardinals or Patriots he would be league MVP with his arm and their WRs.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #256
NiteMaestro
High School JV

The thing is, Cutler (at least this year) hasn't really cut loose unless he had to to get back in the lead/comeback to win.

I think he can 'manage' the game, he won't be thrilled, and he'll find a way to 'sling it around' at times just to keep his sanity.
But I think he can do it.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #257
hoopsguy
General Manager

There is no situation in football where Orton is a better choice than Cutler. None. I do not care what rankings you care to post after three weeks.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #258
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
There is no situation in football where Orton is a better choice than Cutler. None. I do not care what rankings you care to post after three weeks.

The Broncos might not say the same thing at this point.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #259
bhlloy
Coordinator

Also while I agree that Orton has played very well through 3 weeks, let's not forget that the TD pass to Moreno should have gone for 6 the other way. If that's anybody else other than a backup pass rushing OLB/defensive end, chances are a pick six and a different ballgame. That was not a good throw but he got away with it.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #260
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
The Broncos might not say the same thing at this point.
Looks like we've found a replacement if jas_lov ever disappears.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #261
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Looks like we've found a replacement if jas_lov ever disappears.

Arent you a clever one! Keep up the good work
Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #262
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Packers struggle stopping the run and their O line isnt playing very well. This should be a game the Vikings dominate but I highly doubt they will. On paper it looks 27-17 Vikings. In reality I can see this being a field goal game with favre hopefully pulling it out late again.

Packers dont seem to have the right personel to run this 3-4 at this time. In looking at the rushing defense stats they are getting crushed on the outside. They could be looking at a lot of #28s backside tonight.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-05-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #263
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I am not sure if he would be good fit for a Giant team that doesnt need a whole lot of production from the QB spot most games.

this whole line of thinking is starting to irk me.

Eli is currently 7th in the league in passing, on pace for over 4,000 yards and 30 TD's and Steve smith is leading the league in receiving yards and TD's.

People need to realize Eli is no longer a "game manager" and is a guy who makes plays and wins games on his own.

Last edited by Lathum : 10-05-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #264
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Quote:
Packers struggle stopping the run and their O line isnt playing very well. This should be a game the Vikings dominate but I highly doubt they will. On paper it looks 27-17 Vikings. In reality I can see this being a field goal game with favre hopefully pulling it out late again.

Packers dont seem to have the right personel to run this 3-4 at this time. In looking at the rushing defense stats they are getting crushed on the outside. They could be looking at a lot of #28s backside tonight.

I agree.
The way I see it, for Rodgers, he cares/wants to win, but it's not 'that' big of a deal. For Brett, he 'has' to win. One could even say that this is why he came back.
Favre wants it more, and he'll win as a result.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #265
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
his whole line of thinking is starting to irk me.

Eli is currently 7th in the league in passing, on pace for over 4,000 yards and 30 TD's and Steve smith is leading the league in receiving yards and TD's.

People need to realize Eli is no longer a "game manager" and is a guy who makes plays and wins games on his own.

He doesnt need to win games on his own. They just pound teams into submission with their power running game. He has started out very well but Manninghams YAC has been far more impressive than Elis passing. Im not saying Eli couldnt win games on his own Im more or less saying he doesnt need to.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #266
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Quote:
his whole line of thinking is starting to irk me.

True, he's not a 'game manager'.
He's a franchise QB, but he hasn't established his identity/style yet.

What do I mean?
Brady has his 'mystique'. Brees will sling the hell outta ya. Peyton carves you like an xmas ham. Rivers does his B.O.B. thing. Favre is a gunslinger. Cutler is a Aikman/Favre combo.
Eli?
Nothing quite yet.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #267
aran
High School Varsity

Anyone know of a good MNF live stream that I can get to for free? TV is in use by other family members tonight and I'd like to watch Brett Favre get booed.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #268
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
True, he's not a 'game manager'.
He's a franchise QB, but he hasn't established his identity/style yet.

What do I mean?
Brady has his 'mystique'. Brees will sling the hell outta ya. Peyton carves you like an xmas ham. Rivers does his B.O.B. thing. Favre is a gunslinger. Cutler is a Aikman/Favre combo.
Eli?
Nothing quite yet.

*shakes head*
Old 10-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #269
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post
Anyone know of a good MNF live stream that I can get to for free? TV is in use by other family members tonight and I'd like to watch Brett Favre get booed.

try channelsurfing.net
Old 10-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #270
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post

Watch Online tv sports news and entertainment for free at channelsurfing

Athough you might be disappointed as I dont see him getting booed too much in the dome tonight.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #271
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Quote:
*shakes head*

Well, what do you think his 'identity' is?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #272
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Peytons younger brother
Old 10-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #273
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

who gives a fuck?

him needing an "identity" is one of the most mind numbingly, idiotic things I have ever heard. You can leave that shit to ESPN, I'll take the wins.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #274
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:

A QB that wins games?

He's been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. Not really sure the whole healing process involves, but if it's just rest, I wonder if they will go with Carr against the Raiders.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #275
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Peytons younger brother

well played.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #276
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Quote:
who gives a fuck?

him needing an "identity" is one of the most mind numbingly, idiotic things I have ever heard. You can leave that shit to ESPN, I'll take the wins.

*sigh*

I didn't say he wasn't a franchise QB.
I was just saying that he hasn't established an identity/style.

At least read what I say before getting all riled up for nothing... sheesh.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #277
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Favre wants it more, and he'll win as a result.

Or he'll force things and throw a bunch of ill-advised picks.

To be honest if I'm the Vikings, Favre "wanting it more" might be the worst case scenario. If he plays within the game plan, takes what the defense gives him and hands the ball off a lot to Peterson this is one of the best teams in the NFL. If he gets into "I have to win this by myself mode" then watch out.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #278
aran
High School Varsity

Quote:
Watch Online tv sports news and entertainment for free at channelsurfing

Athough you might be disappointed as I dont see him getting booed too much in the dome tonight.

Oops. Didn't know it was in Minnie tonight. And thanks for the link.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #279
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Or he'll force things and throw a bunch of ill-advised picks.

To be honest if I'm the Vikings, Favre "wanting it more" might be the worst case scenario. If he plays within the game plan, takes what the defense gives him and hands the ball off a lot to Peterson this is one of the best teams in the NFL. If he gets into "I have to win this by myself mode" then watch out.

True... Favre is a double agent.
But I think that he will be the deciding factor in the game. And given his penchant for great plays in big moments, I think he'll fare rather well tonight.
That being said, it's clear that Favre understands this role, as it was similar to the one he played in NY last season.

I think it'll be a last minute 'Favre-esque' drive that wins it though.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #280
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I didn't say he wasn't a franchise QB.
I was just saying that he hasn't established an identity/style.

I read what you said and am amazed you were able to top that moronic, drivel you were spewing about the Raiders. Well done.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #281
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Quote:
I read what you said and am amazed you were able to top that moronic, drivel you were spewing about the Raiders. Well done.

Since you have nothing constructive to add to my comments, perhaps you'd be better served not responding to them at all, saving me the time of reading them, and you the trouble of writing them.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #282
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Since you have nothing constructive to add to my comments, perhaps you'd be better served not responding to them at all, saving me the time of reading them, and you the trouble of writing them.

What if ESPN started calling him "the quiet assassin"?

would that lend to his credibility?

Last edited by Lathum : 10-05-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #283
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Adding this for emphasis.

The scary thing about the Broncos? If Cutler were still here, they'd be considered Super Bowl contenders with the defense playing as good as it is.

That said, don't be fooled. Cutler hurt Denver many times last year. His red zone interceptions were unacceptable for a player of his quality. His rating in the red zone was ridiculously poor and that wasn't due to available weapons. I can see why someone would think that a game managing QB would be better than a gunslinger for the Giants, especially as they get close to the goal line.

That said, I think you can teach Cutler to be better at the goal line. I'm not convinced you can teach Orton to be better away from it. I'm still interested to see Orton with two things:

1) his top WR playing every down with purpose. (looks like it's finally happening)
2) Playing without a glove. (should happen within the next two weeks)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #284
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Should be an interesting game tonight. Let's break it down:

Pros for Minnesota:
-Better OL
-Better DL
-Better HB (best HB in the league)
-Favre is playing pretty well so far
-Playing at home

Pros for GB:
- Childress is the Minnesota head coach

All this points to a close game
Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #285
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Favre turns an ankle on the first play and misses the entire game...pleasepleaseplease
Old 10-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #286
bhlloy
Coordinator

Apparently Mike McCarthy hates timeouts, what a stupid-ass challenge
Old 10-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #287
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Taunting AGAIN? I've seen taunting called twice in the last 10 years, and they both happened in the last two weeks, both times in favor of Minnesota. What kind of a retarded call is taunting when a guy is standing at the line of scrimmage talking smack. Give me a break.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 10-05-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #288
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I've seen taunting called twice in the last 10 years

You don't watch a lot of football do you?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #289
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

This is looking like a shootout. Packers are going to pass.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #290
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
He's been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. Not really sure the whole healing process involves, but if it's just rest, I wonder if they will go with Carr against the Raiders.

Hmm, I wonder if there's a different injury going on he's trying to protect that lead his fascia to inflame. I know when I borked up my ankle (before all my surgeries), I had changed my footstrike when running to compensate for it...which put more stress on my fascia and caused PF.

I suppose, though, if they've caught it early on and give him massage and ice and stretching, he should be back to normal soon enough, if that's all that's really going on.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #291
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
You don't watch a lot of football do you?

Actually I take it back, last year I saw Vernon Davis w/ that bonehead move that made Singletary send him to the Locker Room. Otherwise I can't think of another time where it happened.

3 games a week (give or take)
17 weeks
Plus playoffs
20 years

Nah...I don't watch much...just a casual fan really. I have season tickets just for shits and giggles.

smooches
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #292
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

On that 3rd and 15 Favre had all the time in the world and still got rid of it quickly for a 5 yard flat route from the running back. I understand to be conservative but.....damn.

Last edited by mauchow : 10-05-2009 at 08:20 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #293
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

On and Childress showing why he's the biggest moron coaching in the NFL right now. 3 and out while not giving Peterson the ball once....
Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #294
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Challenge that, you fucking idiot!
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #295
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Incomplete for sure.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #296
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

More stupidness from Childress. Throw it too late on purpose so you look like you actually wanted to challenge it. The challenge flag should have been thrown RIGHT away on a play THAT close on fourth down.

Moot point. Vikings interception.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #297
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting Game. GB challenges on an obvious fumble and Minny doesnt challenge on an obvious drop!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #298
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Man, I like the old school Vikings unis so much more than their current digs. Even when they're mixed with pink.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #299
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
Man, I like the old school Vikings unis so much more than their current digs. Even when they're mixed with pink.

+1.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #300
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Interesting Game. GB challenges on an obvious fumble and Minny doesnt challenge on an obvious drop!
That was just a ploy by McCarthy to delay after the fumble. The place was going nuts. Not great to lose the challenge, but the TO wasn't a bad move.

Last edited by Arles : 10-05-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote